PDA

View Full Version : Playing type change?

where'stheslope
25-08-2019, 10:38 AM
Has Heckingbottom change the way we are taking on teams?
After looking at the fouls for and against in games this season, we are now fouling the other teams more than they us?
For seasons we lacked an aggressive midfield and we complained about teams kicking us off the park, this appears to have changed, we have become more aggressive and are giving away more fouls!
We are certainly not a team of hammer throwers, but the constant fouling is sure to come back and bite us.

Real Emerald
25-08-2019, 10:50 AM
Has Heckingbottom change the way we are taking on teams?
After looking at the fouls for and against in games this season, we are now fouling the other teams more than they us?
For seasons we lacked an aggressive midfield and we complained about teams kicking us off the park, this appears to have changed, we have become more aggressive and are giving away more fouls!
We are certainly not a team of hammer throwers, but the constant fouling is sure to come back and bite us.

We’re fouling more because we can’t get near the opposition players. We stand off them, are slow to react, look unfit and are not in control of the game. That leads to players diving in through desperation and frustration. If we had control of the ball and game we would not be fouling.

BoomtownHibees
25-08-2019, 10:52 AM
We are definitely not “more aggressive”. Lack of pace, speed of thought and poor quality are to blame

Franck Stanton
25-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Big part of our problems so far is we are not playing as a team but as 11 individuals. Been too many personnel and formation changes in a short space of time the players don't know the overall plan anymore. Stop being so complicated, football is a simple game. Get back to basics, play as a unit then we will see a vast improvement. Just my opinion folks.

Crab apple
25-08-2019, 11:24 AM
I really don’t know what our playing style is just now. I’ve heard the manager talk about the style he’s looking for but there’s little evidence of it on display.

bawheid
25-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Big part of our problems so far is we are not playing as a team but as 11 individuals. Been too many personnel and formation changes in a short space of time the players don't know the overall plan anymore. Stop being so complicated, football is a simple game. Get back to basics, play as a unit then we will see a vast improvement. Just my opinion folks.

I think you’re right. This is the reason that he won’t be sacked anytime soon. Quite rightly so.

wookie70
25-08-2019, 11:28 AM

I agree with that. My biggest criticism of Heck is his constant swapping of styles and personnel. His view was clearly getting everyone match fit during the friendlies and group cup games. That certainly has merit but it looks to me that we don't have a team where players have settled into positions and gained the relationships with teh players around them. We are, as you say, 11 individuals. Lennon did it far too much for my liking and it was no surprise that when he picked a settled team we went on a great run getting better every week until he couldn't resist picking a more defensive side for Tiny and it all falling to bits.

Heck needs to decide on a style of play , a formation and who will play but he isn't being helped by injuries nearly every week.