PDA

View Full Version : "we will draw many more at home this season without a doubt"

familyman
25-08-2019, 09:10 AM
Todays Sunday Express quotes our manager.
If this is accurate it says it all about expectations of a club supposed to be chasing Europe
what do you think?
'we are drawing at home and we will draw many more at home this season, without a doubt".
Seen in the context of an apparent anxious stadium.
Yes ask yourself this ,why was the stadium anxious?
That equaliser was coming for sometime.
the fans are the lifeblood of this club.

bawheid
25-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Well, we drew nine at home in the league last season and so far this season we’ve drawn one. Seems pretty likely that we’ll draw more at home this season because that’s what happens in football. You don’t win every game.

neil7908
25-08-2019, 09:28 AM
Todays Sunday Express quotes our manager.
If this is accurate it says it all about expectations of a club supposed to be chasing Europe
what do you think?
'we are drawing at home and we will draw many more at home this season, without a doubt".
Seen in the context of an apparent anxious stadium.
Yes ask yourself this ,why was the stadium anxious?
That equaliser was coming for sometime.
the fans are the lifeblood of this club.

Not great to hear at the moment and also not happy with the suggestion the fans nervousness influenced the players.

Fan blaming is not the way to go right now. Its up to the manager to instill confidence in his players, not the punters.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Imagine what we could have been like had we not got all our major signings in early, and had a balanced side playing players in their proper positions?

I mean only real winners assemble unbalanced teams and play players out of position apparently. :faf:

Heckingbottom 6 is not the saviour some folk were hanging their hats on, he's another fraud who's never a manager in a million years.

SMAXXA
25-08-2019, 09:35 AM
What he’s saying is right though we will draw more games no doubt about it

Unseen work
25-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Jesus people are sensitive now a days, of course we will draw more games at home. It would be delusional for him to say we will win the rest. He’s not saying he’s not going to try win.

Just as bad as the folk who are making out he blamed the fans for the draw yesterday, if you watch the interview on hibs tv he does nothing of the sort.

CloudSquall
25-08-2019, 09:49 AM
It's not a good thing to come out with following a draw at home to St Johnstone given how humpty they are now.

Draws against Rangers and Celtic I can live with at home, but if he's expecting more draws against the likes of Livingston and County at home he get get directly tae F with that patter.

Captain Trips
25-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Sounds like towel thrown in and wanted punted. Utter nonsense to predict results of that nature. Has ne not got the papers to win these "many" draws?

matty_f
25-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Sounds like towel thrown in and wanted punted. Utter nonsense to predict results of that nature. Has ne not got the papers to win these "many" draws?

That’s not what it is at all.

I should have learned by now, but I’m still surprised at how often folk get angry at meanings that just aren’t there.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-08-2019, 10:10 AM
There are draws and draws though. A draw when you come back from one or two down is like a win. A draw against the other five of the top six you can live with, because the same can happen in the away game. Inconsistency will be a part of the season. I think that the majority of the fans get that. Not sure that has anything to do yesterday though. We were hanging on like a punch drunk boxer for the last fifteen minutes or so. I don't know what the players were asked to do to combat that or which instructions they could not or would not follow.

Weegreenman
25-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Well, we drew nine at home in the league last season and so far this season we’ve drawn one. Seems pretty likely that we’ll draw more at home this season because that’s what happens in football. You don’t win every game.

Its not about just drawing the match!!!!

It was the “MANNER” in which it played out.

The writing was on on the wall. A draw was the very least St.Johnston deserved. Embarrassing performance from us.

Captain Trips
25-08-2019, 10:19 AM

I should have learned by now, but I’m still surprised at how often folk get angry at meanings that just aren’t there.

That's your opinion "many draws" is not word I wish to hear in the context of this league. But hey you obviously know more on what is meant by this. So please explain to the less enlightened what "many more draws" actually means. Do you find us drawing many more games OK?

matty_f
25-08-2019, 10:22 AM
That's your opinion "many draws" is not word I wish to hear in the context of this league. But hey you obviously know more on what is meant by this. So please explain to the less enlightened what "many more draws" actually means. Do you find us drawing many more games OK?

It means that yesterday wasn’t the only draw that we will have this season. We are very likely to have many more of them.

Same with most clubs around the world.

It’s not him saying he’s going to play for draws or that he wants to draw more games, just that, realistically, there will be more draws.

This is reflective of pretty much every season in our modern day history.

bawheid
25-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Its not about just drawing the match!!!!

It was the “MANNER” in which it played out.

The writing was on on the wall. A draw was the very least St.Johnston deserved. Embarrassing performance from us.

We lost the corresponding fixtures 0-1 in 18/19 and 1-2 in 17/18.

Like it or not St Johnstone are an established top flight club with a good manager who will give most teams in the league a right good game.

The facts don’t sit well with the hysteria though.

Cataplana
25-08-2019, 10:28 AM
When Andy Warhol spoke of 15 minutes of fame, he was being generous.

Captain Trips
25-08-2019, 10:34 AM
It means that yesterday wasn’t the only draw that we will have this season. We are very likely to have many more of them.

Same with most clubs around the world.

It’s not him saying he’s going to play for draws or that he wants to draw more games, just that, realistically, there will be more draws.

This is reflective of pretty much every season in our modern day history.

I never said he was playing for draws I'm saying has he not got the papers to win the "draws". So we will draw games because I can't win them? Our history is irrelevant on how we do this season if he isn't capable of breaking this cycle then he isn't good enough.

I accept we will lose at home we will win at home but the only term many is acceptable for is wins. The manager maybe should have ssid we want to turn these draws like today into wins. That comment is an acceptance and that does not sit well with me.

Eyrie
25-08-2019, 10:35 AM
The wording sounds like he is willing to accept draws at home regardless of the opposition. Remember we were drawing with Morton after 90 minutes last week.

Different story if he'd said that draws can happen, but he's frustrated that this one did when we were within seconds of winning.

Captain Trips
25-08-2019, 10:36 AM

Like it or not St Johnstone are an established top flight club with a good manager who will give most teams in the league a right good game.

So we lost these games with different players and managers what is the relevance? We might have lost to St Johnstone in the 80s as well so what.

JohnM1875
25-08-2019, 10:37 AM
The guys a total balloon. Of course we'll draw more games at home. Every team in the world will draw home games.

That's not why most fans are raging. Its the way we played and have been playing for a while now. We're a slow, boring and predictable team who struggle to defend. It's his job to address that. Not state the obvious.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-08-2019, 10:38 AM

If our draws are against Rangers and Celtic with possibly a derby draw and a couple against Aberdeen for example, then yes it’s perfectly acceptable. He doesn’t say to expect many more draws against St Johnstone and the like.

RoYO!
25-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Delusion and fingers in the ears lalalalala from the manager.

I didn’t boo, but I can totally understand anyone who did.

It wasn’t the fact we drew a game. It was everything else about the performance, direction, impetus, pace, drive, desire.... any semblance of a plan, I could go on.

A lot of reflection required from the manager. What we are getting is deflection.

Hiber-nation
25-08-2019, 10:40 AM

Problem is their form has been much poorer then the St Johnstone of recent seasons and we dominated possession in these other games.

A weaker Saints team now dominating us. No hysteria, just facts.

bawheid
25-08-2019, 10:41 AM
So we lost these games with different players and managers what is the relevance? We might have lost to St Johnstone in the 80s as well so what.

The relevance is that, fairly regularly, St Johnstone have come to Easter Road and won or drawn the game. Folk absolutely losing their **** that it happened again yesterday obviously aren’t capable of rational thought.

bawheid
25-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Problem is their form has been much poorer then the St Johnstone of recent seasons and we dominated possession in these other games.

A weaker Saints team now dominating us. No hysteria, just facts.

I don’t remember us dominating those games. St Johnstone were always going to turn it around. They’ll finish somewhere between 6th and 9th like they always do. They’ll pick up points at Easter Road and Tynecastle and Rugby Park like they always do.

jacomo
Imagine what we could have been like had we not got all our major signings in early, and had a balanced side playing players in their proper positions?

I mean only real winners assemble unbalanced teams and play players out of position apparently. :faf:

Heckingbottom 6 is not the saviour some folk were hanging their hats on, he's another fraud who's never a manager in a million years.

Yesterday’s result the turning point for you?

RoYO!
The relevance is that, fairly regularly, St Johnstone have come to Easter Road and won or drawn the game. Folk absolutely losing their **** that it happened again yesterday obviously aren’t capable of rational thought.

I’m reading plenty of posts which are negative towards the state of affairs who are eloquently stating their personal opinion. Seems perfectly rational to me.

Squirrel 1875
25-08-2019, 10:46 AM
What he’s saying is right though we will draw more games no doubt about it

Right or wrong, is that the ambition of a winner? This guys is such a loser. Possibly the meekest manager of our time. Not a joy of passion in him.

Out.

bawheid
25-08-2019, 10:46 AM
I’m reading plenty of posts which are negative towards the state of affairs who are eloquently stating their personal opinion. Seems perfectly rational to me.

A few are, the majority are hysterical.

bawheid
25-08-2019, 10:47 AM
Possibly the meekest manager of our time.

And here’s an example.

GordonHFC
25-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Issues like making unnecessary defensive substitutions at home with half an hour to go, using up all of our subs, when you are leading are what makes me think he has problems with our game and expectations.

Hiber-nation
25-08-2019, 10:50 AM
I don’t remember us dominating those games. St Johnstone were always going to turn it around. They’ll finish somewhere between 6th and 9th like they always do. They’ll pick up points at Easter Road and Tynecastle and Rugby Park like they always do.

62% possession in the last one, 56% in the previous one. You surely have to admit that our midfield is dreadful just now, they were walking through it at will in the 2nd half.

bawheid
25-08-2019, 10:54 AM
62% possession in the last one, 56% in the previous one. You surely have to admit that our midfield is dreadful just now, they were walking through it at will in the 2nd half.

46% possession yesterday.

Yes, agreed. The midfield were also poor against Morton. I guess I’m just willing to recognise that we have quite a few new players and we’re only three games into the league season. Calling for the manager to be sacked is just blind hysteria.

He’ll be judged by his results in the due course of time. I’ll be supporting him and the team in the meantime.

Captain Trips
25-08-2019, 11:31 AM

I think they are capable of rational thought.

Onion
25-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Add that to ....

Allan will be substituted again this season
The fans made the team nervous
The fans downed tools at the end of last season

This is all deflection from the main problem - PH and his management. It's unnecessary and is hardly going to endear him to a set of fans that already have grave doubts about his role.

truehibernian
25-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Add that to ....

This is all deflection from the main problem - PH and his management. It's unnecessary and is hardly going to endear him to a set of fans that already have grave doubts about his role.

His interview and comments yesterday alone are worthy of giving him and Stockdale their P45s - he's had some shocking post game 'analysis' interviews every game this season (so far) but his comments yesterday were cloud cuckoo-land stuff. Posted yesterday that I am loathed to sack managers so early but this football is dreadful, uninspiring and it's losing the support - I'd seriously be (if I were LD) giving him the next 5 games and assess things. Very worrying times (for me) which is in contrast to what I thought I'd seen when he first came in. The new players are woeful other than Allan and Jackson (although from what I've seen of him he's a simple, no nonsense CH).

BroxburnHibee
25-08-2019, 01:48 PM
I fear hes lost the support now. Short of going on a long winning run I don't see how he can turn it round.

Wilson
25-08-2019, 01:57 PM
I fear hes lost the support now. Short of going on a long winning run I don't see how he can turn it round.

Well as he is adamant about the many home draws I wouldn't expect more than just a long unbeaten one. After the masterclass in achieving a home draw against St Johnstone I guess we're on our way.

Crab apple
25-08-2019, 02:08 PM
His post match comments aren’t doing him any favours.

CapitalGreen
25-08-2019, 02:09 PM
Still 3 years to run on his contract, strap yourselves in lads as he ain’t going anywhere soon.

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2019, 02:10 PM
Still 3 years to run on his contract, strap yourselves in lads as he ain’t going anywhere soon.

Yeah, because that would be the first time Hibs have binned a manager with years on his deal. If the club want rid, he'll go, contract or not.

Jim44
25-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Frank and honest criticism of PH is fair enough and it goes with the territory but the name calling and piss taking that, appeared in the thread that was closed, is embarrassing and cringeworthy. The Jambos would like to see the back of Levein but even they don’t rip the guy to shreds.

Crab apple
25-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Frank and honest criticism of PH is fair enough and it goes with the territory but the name calling and piss taking that, appeared in the thread that was closed, is embarrassing and cringeworthy. The Jambos would like to see the back of Levein but even they don’t rip the guy to shreds.

Agreed. I don’t think he’ll cut it here but there’s no need for the personal stuff.

Stuart93
25-08-2019, 02:30 PM

Agreed, not his biggest fan just now but the name calling is completely ****ing childish, embarrassing from “grown” men

Captain Trips
25-08-2019, 02:35 PM
If he can offer many draws at home we aren't really destined to go far.

Roll roll up and come on down to Easter Rd.

hibeejeebies
25-08-2019, 05:04 PM

Especially when the quote's in print Matty, pinches of salt and cooler heads needed.

Fwiw I think Hecky can have a very deadpan, matter-of-fact manner when dealing with the media. I've always found it quite refreshing tbh.

Not massively enamoured with performances so far, but I'd like to give the new signings a fair crack of the whip before I'm drawing emphatic conclusions like punting the guy.

GGTTH

Captain Trips
25-08-2019, 05:13 PM
Especially when the quote's in print Matty, pinches of salt and cooler heads needed.

Fwiw I think Hecky can have a very deadpan, matter-of-fact manner when dealing with the media. I've always found it quite refreshing tbh.

Not massively enamoured with performances so far, but I'd like to give the new signings a fair crack of the whip before I'm drawing emphatic conclusions like punting the guy.

GGTTH

Why are pinches of salt required? Why say something like that? It makes no sense in any context other than he thinks we will draw many games and that's something I do not wish to hear the manager come away with.

So when he says we will draw a lot the pinch of salt is nah we won't we will win many but I'll just say we will draw instead for some devilment.

I want to hear about turning draws to wins. There is no pinch of salt needed and I'm completely cool headed.

hibeejeebies
25-08-2019, 07:23 PM
Why are pinches of salt required? Why say something like that? It makes no sense in any context other than he thinks we will draw many games and that's something I do not wish to hear the manager come away with.

So when he says we will draw a lot the pinch of salt is nah we won't we will win many but I'll just say we will draw instead for some devilment.

I want to hear about turning draws to wins. There is no pinch of salt needed and I'm completely cool headed.

I don't doubt you Bud. My point was - and apologies if I've missed it somewhere, couldn't find a link - nobody's actually heard him say this, we're just going on what the OP mentioned.

GGTTH

Captain Trips
25-08-2019, 07:51 PM
I don't doubt you Bud. My point was - and apologies if I've missed it somewhere, couldn't find a link - nobody's actually heard him say this, we're just going on what the OP mentioned.

GGTTH

Perhaps but if there is a question mark over him actually saying it should you not also be quoting and saying the same to the people defending the comment?

jacomo
25-08-2019, 08:10 PM
Add that to ....

At least one Scottish paper has reported ‘Hecky says fans to blame for late equaliser.’

If that’s the manager’s agenda then he has succeeded. If he didn’t mean to blame the fans then he is naive.

Either way, it doesn’t speak of a man who understands the Hibs job.