PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom - stay or go

Diclonius
24-08-2019, 11:41 PM
As those with the strongest views on here tend to shout loudest, let's see what the board thinks as a whole.

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2019, 11:53 PM
Stay for now, but improvement needed in forthcoming games.

The Harp Awakes
25-08-2019, 12:06 AM
In normal circumstances a Manager should be given more time to build a team and prove his worth.

However, have to say I'm seriously worried this is another Calderwood like appointment; no passion, nous or proven Managerial experience to turn things around.

Ian Cathroesque.

Man Down Under
25-08-2019, 01:20 AM
Early days yet, I wouldn't say the start of the season has been a disaster. Alot of new players still need to gel, there's moments of great play but it's not consistent enough. Not unusual for the start of a season though. Defo a few more games before I get worried, but I'd probably considered a happy clapper.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

HappyAsHellas
25-08-2019, 01:26 AM
If you get a new job you normally have a 3 month trial period. Hecky done well when he first came in but this season it's his team, and although I'm losing patience on an ever quickening scale I'll give him another month or so to turn it round.

SideBurns
25-08-2019, 01:41 AM
My head says he should get more time, but my heart says go.

Halmyre Hibee
25-08-2019, 05:42 AM
Hecky seems a reasonable guy and talks a good game but it's a results based business and they have been bang average to say the least.
The style of football is pedestrian and the players in my opinion appear to be overcoached, playing out of position or without confidence.
There is a general malaise about the place just now and the fans are voicing their displeasure and this is also affecting the players.
The buck stops with the board / owner and if this continues the team will struggle to get in top 6 / crowds will drop and we will be in another transition period (sick and tired of one step forward / 2 steps back).
If we leave it too late we will be out of the Cup and in the bottom 6 and when there is no confidence / fight in the team as we have seen in the past we might even be heading for the Championship.
If I was in charge I would get rid off now and bring in Gary Holt (Livingston Manager) who appears to get the best out of players at a budget far lower than ours.

Verdict : out now

Onion
25-08-2019, 06:05 AM
In normal circumstances a Manager should be given more time to build a team and prove his worth.

However, have to say I'm seriously worried this is another Calderwood like appointment; no passion, nous or proven Managerial experience to turn things around.

Ian Cathroesque.

My thoughts exactly.

BILLYHIBS
25-08-2019, 06:21 AM
:wtf:

Only week 3 guys

At least give him the first round of fixtures

See how far he takes us in the League Cup

Let’s see where we are at when the window slams shut on 2/9/2019

Hopefully no more English second division players I am done with them

I am a half full kinda guy but must admit starting to feel half empty

He stays for now

Dr Jimmy
25-08-2019, 06:22 AM
If you get a new job you normally have a 3 month trial period. Hecky done well when he first came in but this season it's his team, and although I'm losing patience on an ever quickening scale I'll give him another month or so to turn it round.

Is it his team or has he given up on some of his signings already? He has brought in 9 players (1 awaiting clearance, another injured). Yesterday he used a 14 players in the game. 10 of whom were signed before he arrive (inc Sotty A). He has not improved any player, (think Boyle and Lennon) in fact he has made good players look bang average.
The keeper has clearly been told to kick everything, as we no longer build from the back and nobody is looking to take it. We play with no width, despite bringing in 2 wide players. He leaves nobody up front when we are defending corners.....at home v bottom 6 teams.
He plays Allan on the right of midfield when everyone knows he should be in the middle, preferably in a more forward role. Yesterday he subs Allan and pushes Vella into that role!!!!!
This has Calderwood all over it. GET RID NOW!!

Greenworld
25-08-2019, 06:40 AM
https://www.transfermarkt.com/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Go

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

HibbySpurs
25-08-2019, 06:48 AM
Stay for now....

Think the next run of games are crucial for him to turn it around.

Four league games between now and end of September. Motherwell, Killie away, Hearts & Celtic at home and a LC QF against Killie.

For me he needs to take 7+ points from 12 and progress in the LC or he’s a lame duck and won’t last thru October.

I hope he gets it right but I have massive concerns after watching that yesterday.

Captain Trips
25-08-2019, 06:58 AM
Stay but he has to take responsibility for his selections and set up which I think have been poor.

There is no excuses.

GreenCastle
25-08-2019, 06:59 AM
Hecky seems a reasonable guy and talks a good game but it's a results based business and they have been bang average to say the least.
The style of football is pedestrian and the players in my opinion appear to be overcoached, playing out of position or without confidence.
There is a general malaise about the place just now and the fans are voicing their displeasure and this is also affecting the players.
The buck stops with the board / owner and if this continues the team will struggle to get in top 6 / crowds will drop and we will be in another transition period (sick and tired of one step forward / 2 steps back).
If we leave it too late we will be out of the Cup and in the bottom 6 and when there is no confidence / fight in the team as we have seen in the past we might even be heading for the Championship.
If I was in charge I would get rid off now and bring in Gary Holt (Livingston Manager) who appears to get the best out of players at a budget far lower than ours.

Agreed.

I have given him a chance but the most glaring obvious issue is the midfield and lack of players who can turn the ball / have high energy.

We don’t have midfielders who are getting on the ball to build attacks - it’s try and hit strikers early for flicks around the corner.

Defensively our back 5 will keep losing goals as they have zero protection in front.

Allan / Mallan need someone who does he dirty work.

Vela isn’t that player.

Allan and Mallan possibly can’t even play in same team as they both want to be the star. Both aren’t luxury players which isn’t a bad thing but you need legs and energy in there for them to be a success.

Mallan player of season last year with goals and assists is now playing deep.

Allan who has goals and assists this season was putting right back for parts of yesterday’s game!

Gray and Stevenson aren’t fit and have been rushed back as we are desperate.

Fraser Murray has been playing well but no where to be seen.

Back to basics for me..sign 2 players who can win the ball back and play players in their position - plus try and make more than 5 passes than missing it midfield - basically let the reigns off as the players looked over coached and not enjoying playing.

we are hibs
25-08-2019, 07:04 AM
Go. Everything he keeps telling us is a complete contradiction to what we see on the park. I dont see us improving under him so i dont see why we should waste time by clinging onto some faint hope that he will turn it around and let half of another season go to waste. Make the change now.

Captain Trips
25-08-2019, 07:12 AM
It's really going to be down to the walk up support as they will boost the crowd or not. If a big amount decide not enjoying it then PH will be in the office for a chat.

Robbo6-2
25-08-2019, 07:19 AM
His development of our young players is another concerning part.

Shaw gone backwards and hardley given a chance. When he does its slung out wide right. Then slagged off in the press for wanting to get out and play.
Murray not in squad yesterday after a really good display vs Morton. Murray is a brilliant young footballer who needs to be involved.
Mackie hung out to dry at ibrox and never given a proper chance.

Brooster
25-08-2019, 07:33 AM
Go.....its glaringly obvious how this is all going to end. I blame him for not getting 3 points yesterday which was a really bad result.

Pretty Boy
25-08-2019, 07:36 AM
Head says stay. Just.

Heart and gut say go.

It's irrelevant because there is no way Hibs will act any time soon.

Heisenberg
25-08-2019, 07:36 AM
We’ve turned into quite a timid wee side again. We’ve got nothing about us. The manager went on about signing the right person as well as the right player but that’s obviously gone badly for him. We are powderpuff as ****.

GreenCastle
25-08-2019, 07:37 AM
His development of our young players is another concerning part.

Shaw gone backwards and hardley given a chance. When he does its slung out wide right. Then slagged off in the press for wanting to get out and play.
Murray not in squad yesterday after a really good display vs Morton. Murray is a brilliant young footballer who needs to be involved.
Mackie hung out to dry at ibrox and never given a proper chance.

Interesting point.

There is also the issue these signings are his players on decent money and long contracts so he will play them over younger players even if the younger players are better.

I’ve questioned the lack of decent youths coming through but at I would rather watch some of them then someone over paid being comfortable.

We have been here before and there are serious warning signs hence why the support is being so vocal.

Pete
25-08-2019, 07:44 AM
Stay. Let’s get behind the team👍🏼

ChickenCurryYLT
25-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Really is unbelievable how many people genuinely think this imposter is gonna turn this round.

Complete and utter shambles.

He has to go now.

Hibee Mac
25-08-2019, 07:53 AM
Honestly, why delay the inevitable. Get rid.

Nicho87
25-08-2019, 07:55 AM
I’ll make a prediction of he will win either one of next two league games, lose the cup game, get stuffed of hearts, mutual termination on the Monday.

but I would love we cut our losses now. All the signs are there.

Sir David Gray
25-08-2019, 07:56 AM
I'm not usually someone who turns against the manager so quickly but I've had enough already.

The signings have been poor, the tactics have been baffling and the atmosphere at the club is the worst it's been in over 5 years since we were relegated.

Yesterday was the final straw for me. I'll still go to games but it's really not something that I'm enjoying right now.

I'm seeing absolutely nothing that suggests things will improve so I really don't see the point in waiting around just because we're still in the early stages of the new season.

dphibs
25-08-2019, 08:02 AM
I didn’t renew our season tickets this year as I don’t think I can watch that type of negative and boring football every week. As far as I’m concerned he’s out of his depth and must go now!

emerald green
25-08-2019, 08:06 AM

I agree with most of this. Not sure about Gary Holt though.

flash
25-08-2019, 08:06 AM
I was raging yesterday but, in the cold light of day, it seems ludicrous to sack a manager before the window is even shut.
I think he should get some time to learn from what he has seen and mould a team.
Clearly if things don't improve nature will take its course.

Nicho87
25-08-2019, 08:12 AM
I was raging yesterday but, in the cold light of day, it seems ludicrous to sack a manager before the window is even shut.
I think he should get some time to learn from what he has seen and mould a team.

Would you trust him to spend more cash on any last minute deals?

jeffers
25-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Go now, but unfortunately a new manager will be stuck with the collection of duds he's been allowed to sign on 2-3 year deals. Going to watch Hibs had been a real joy for a while, but this is back to the dull uninspiring football I remember watching under Lexo, but even he signed players like Crunchie, Keith Wright and Michael O'Neill. He's lost the support of a number of fans already, I include myself in that, but even I was surprised at the reaction yesterday. I can't see him recovering from that, he'll always be just a few defeats away from fans calling for his head.

Interesting that someone posted we'd struggle to get a decent replacement as all the good managers were already in jobs. The list posted earlier in this thread proves that's clearly not the case.

LustForLeith
25-08-2019, 08:14 AM
I’m relation to the signings we’ve brought in recently it’s my understanding that some of the players had been identities for the past two or three years by Hibs - before Hecky. I also understand that some of them had chances to got to English Championship clubs for more money but selected Hibs.

I understand the point about having two players for each position but there seems to be too many players in the same position at the same time. I don’t think that Paul seems to know the best formation/starting eleven.

I wonder if Lennon’s departure had an effect on Bibs with the point we didn’t have any replacement ready and we seemed to take ages (if memory serves me correct) on appointing Hecky.

Before he goes, which I’m thinking he might have to, I’d like a worthwhile replacement sounded out. Who that is is a matter of discussion...

Golden Bear
25-08-2019, 08:16 AM
Stay for now, but the signs are not promising .

The style of football (do we have a style?) is both boring and hard to watch, that's as much a concern to me as poor results.

Nicho87
25-08-2019, 08:17 AM
I’m relation to the signings we’ve brought in recently it’s my understanding that some of the players had been identities for the past two or three years by Hibs - before Hecky. I also understand that some of them had chances to got to English Championship clubs for more money but selected Hibs.

I understand the point about having two players for each position but there seems to be too many players in the same position at the same time. I don’t think that Paul seems to know the best formation/starting eleven.

I wonder if Lennon’s departure had an effect on Bibs with the point we didn’t have any replacement ready and we seemed to take ages (if memory serves me correct) on appointing Hecky.

Before he goes, which I’m thinking he might have to, I’d like a worthwhile replacement sounded out. Who that is is a matter of discussion...

Alan Stubbs.

GoalsMcGinley
25-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Go. The man has totally lost the faith of majority of supporters. Some of his comments after yesterday are laughable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sauzeelegod
25-08-2019, 08:24 AM
https://www.transfermarkt.com/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Go

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quique Setien ❤️

flash
25-08-2019, 08:28 AM
Would you trust him to spend more cash on any last minute deals?

I feel you have to. The only other choice is to bring someone in who hasn't signed any of the squad. I don't advocate endless patience just a fair crack of the whip.
He hasn't had that yet.

Slavers
25-08-2019, 08:30 AM
Stay for now give him a fair chance to turn it around. Depending on results if they totally nose dive then get rid pronto but otherwise give at least one round of games before making a decision.

Greenwich_Hibby
25-08-2019, 08:38 AM
Complete imposter and hasn’t a clue. Another Duffy. Go. No point waiting - he’s signed crap and we all know you can’t polish a turd.

Stokesy's on fire
25-08-2019, 08:53 AM

He moaned about pre season saying he doesn't enjoy the friendlies but that was his chance to try players in different positions...you don't start experimenting in league games Hecky is a clown we have to axe him now

B.H.F.C
25-08-2019, 08:56 AM
I feel you have to. The only other choice is to bring someone in who hasn't signed any of the squad. I don't advocate endless patience just a fair crack of the whip.
He hasn't had that yet.

Part of me agrees with that. But it just has a feeling of inevitability about it now.

I’ve seen plenty negative reactions at Easter Road over the years, but that reaction yesterday to the substitution was something different when you consider we were actually winning at the time. It had been building up for an hour prior to that with everybody wondering exactly why Allan was playing where he was. That was more baffling than subbing him.

Squirrel 1875
25-08-2019, 08:59 AM

Only week 3 guys

He stays for now
It isn’t week 3. 10 points in last 30. Depressing performances. Time to go.

Unseen work
25-08-2019, 09:02 AM
We will get their, be patient.

We have a lot more quality than some fans give us credit.

It’s individual errors that are killing us more than team displays

Rangers - Mackie red when we were on top. 2 mistakes by Rocky
Morton - 2 own goals
St Johnstone - Rocky for the goal (need to see it back but been told it’s a mistake)

Squirrel 1875
25-08-2019, 09:04 AM

Morton - 2 own goals
St Johnstone - Rocky for the goal (need to see it back but been told it’s a mistake)

Individual errors? So you were happy with how we played?

flash
25-08-2019, 09:06 AM
Part of me agrees with that. But it just has a feeling of inevitability about it now.

I’ve seen plenty negative reactions at Easter Road over the years, but that reaction yesterday to the substitution was something different when you consider we were actually winning at the time. It had been building up for an hour prior to that with everybody wondering exactly why Allan was playing where he was. That was more baffling than subbing him.
Agree with every word. It might just be blind optimism that makes me think he needs a bit more time.

B.H.F.C
25-08-2019, 09:07 AM

Morton - 2 own goals

Where is the quality? We hardly created anything yesterday. Negative, slow, boring stuff.

Individual errors are contributing but there is so much more wrong that that.

chrisski33
25-08-2019, 09:10 AM
The fact he tried to blame the fans means he should go alone on that!

Mango Man
25-08-2019, 09:12 AM
3 league games in and through to the quarter finals of the cup, this poll shouldn't even be a thing, if we'd lost all 3 games or something, then I could maybe understand. We have the makings of a good squad there.

We have to give him until January at least, obviously if we've lost every game before then, then words will have to be had.

3 GAMES IN, PEOPLE!!

InchHibby
25-08-2019, 09:13 AM

Agree totally

GreenCastle
25-08-2019, 09:15 AM

Morton - 2 own goals

The only player I’ve seen improve since the staff have arrived is Flo.

Everyone else form has dropped and even Allan who has been our best player this season with Flo he stuck him out wide and playing right back nearly with a half fit Gray.

The team look lost and he’s making them worse.

The 90+2
25-08-2019, 09:18 AM
He’s not going to survive in his position much longer.

Questions must be asked of the recruitment team also though, they got major credit with Stubbs and the players brought in, this appointment and the players over the summer is a complete disaster.

BILLYHIBS
25-08-2019, 09:21 AM
The fact he tried to blame the fans means he should go alone on that!

I support Hecky but blaming a goal keeping error an offside goal and the fans for dropping two points was poor in his post match interview

Threw everyone under a bus apart from himself

Has the look of someone who doesn’t want to be here

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2019, 09:27 AM
I'm normally firmly in the happy clapper camp and usually try to look for positives.
I can't see any here and I want shot of him asap.

It isn't the result yesterday - it's Hibs and we're going to have some results like that where we chuck away points at the last minute.
I don't like it but I can accept it's part and parcel of the game when you're a Hibs supporter.

It's the manner of the game. We looked inept and for me it wasn't the players looking inept.

We actually have decent players right not. Not our best squad by any means but enough for a tilt at the top 4.
But not with PH in charge.

First off, Scott Allan.
You look at what he's done for us before and how he's been playing this season.
Why the ****** is he playing him in that position?

Allan should be central and with licence to find space to feed balls into the strikers and wingers.
He's one of the best players in the league doing that and we will get goals from that.
You build the team around that talent.

He's there because we're trying to accommodate Mallan in the same team.
Now I like Mallan but I don't think you can play him and Allan in the same team because they should be in the same position.
What we have now is a fudge who's only saving grace is that it's a better position for Mallan than a deep central midfield role.

Then there's the number of attackers.

We're playing with 5 attackers from the start yesterday - Kamberi, Doidge, Allan, Middleton and Mallan.
That's one too many minimum and there's nobody other than Vela to provide a platform for them to play from.

I include Mallan as an attacker and the reason for that is simple - if you took the free kicks, shooting from range and set up passes from Mallan's locker would he get a game?
The answer is no. That doesn't mean these things aren't of value - they are and I like him in the team for that - but it does mean he's an attacker and not a central midfielder.
He simply wouldn't get a game there if you take out elements that are nice-to-haves for a Centre Mid but not part of the core skillset.

There were sections of the game in the second half when it genuinely looked like the non defenders didn't know what formation they were playing.
I didn't know what formation they were playing. I can't see that being anyone's fault apart from the Manager. This is down to formation rather than individual errors.
Now I don't mean there that the players aren't making mistakes but we were asking for trouble because we had no control of the game.

There's a decent team in there but it needs to be playing a balanced formation week in week out with occasional tweaks to it.
I think he's trying to be too cute with his formation and I don't think he's good enough to make it work and I don't think he's smart enough to go back to basics.

We can't play 5 attackers and playing that way is going to get us a stack of losses against teams that are competent and organised.
St Johnstone were poor yesterday imo and it terrifies me what's going to happen against decent teams.

I'd get shot of PH right now as I've seen nothing in what he does that inclines me to think we won't be in for a long and disappointing season at best.
At worst I can see him having us flirting with relegation (and again, I'm a general happy clapper).

Leaving it a bit longer for me is delaying the inevitable.
I don't think they will but I expect their hand will be forced around Christmas.

Heisenberg
25-08-2019, 09:27 AM

Questions must be asked of the recruitment team also though, they got major credit with Stubbs and the players brought in, this appointment and the players over the summer is a complete disaster.

Questions should be asked of George Craig and his “football department”. What does he actually bring to the table apart from being able to talk and talk and talk about how brilliant the footballing operation is at hibs?

Recruitment has been an issue since Lennon took over.

Sir David Gray
25-08-2019, 09:31 AM

Only week 3 guys

He stays for now

Except it's not week 3, he has been in the job for over 6 months.

He has a 50% win rate so far (11 wins from 22 games) which is decent however since the split last season things have deteriorated. We are currently on a run of 1 win from our last 8 league games, stretching back to the win at Tynecastle. We scraped past a Championship team in the League Cup last week and were taken to penalties against what is currently the worst team in the SPFL in our opening League Cup match.

Also that win at Tynecastle (as enjoyable as it was) is our only win in 10 attempts against last season's top 6 teams since Heckingbottom took over.

25-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Head says stay. Just.

Heart and gut say go.

It's irrelevant because there is no way Hibs will act any time soon.

And rightly so.

Sacking managers this soon after their 1st transfer window and that has only lost 1 game this season (regardless who the opposition has been) would send out a very negative message to any prospective future managers. If we become known as a club with a high turnover of managers then we can't expect to get a decent standard of manager applying. Many will think it isn't worth the risk and would rather have a longer gap on their CV than "sacked 3 league games into the season" on it.

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2019, 09:34 AM
3 league games in and through to the quarter finals of the cup, this poll shouldn't even be a thing, if we'd lost all 3 games or something, then I could maybe understand. We have the makings of a good squad there.

We have to give him until January at least, obviously if we've lost every game before then, then words will have to be had.

3 GAMES IN, PEOPLE!!

The League Cup thing for me is irrelevant.
Given who we've played so far it would have been a total disaster not to have been there.

And while I appreciate it's still early in the season it looks like he doesn't know what he's doing.
Tactics and formation wise the team looks lost and I don't trust his decision making.

In short I've seen nothing at all to indicate that the manager can turn this around so I'd getting rid of him how.

BILLYHIBS
Except it's not week 3, he has been in the job for over 6 months.

He has a 50% win rate so far (11 wins from 22 games) which is decent however since the split last season things have deteriorated. We are currently on a run of 1 win from our last 8 league games, stretching back to the win at Tynecastle. We scraped past a Championship team in the League Cup last week and were taken to penalties against what is currently the worst team in the SPFL in our opening League Cup match.

Also that win at Tynecastle (as enjoyable as it was) is our only win in 10 attempts against last season's top 6 teams since Heckingbottom took over.
Difficult to argue with any of that SDG

Unseen work
Individual errors? So you were happy with how we played?

Yes individual errors. Iv seen it back now and it’s absolutely shocking from Marciano.

At 1-0 we have just totally gifted them a way back into the game.

Of course as a team we can get better, but it was nowhere near as bad as some are making out.

Heckingbottom gets all the stick but don’t see anything about Marciano? Who cost a goal and was brutal all game.

BoomtownHibees
25-08-2019, 09:36 AM
I'm normally firmly in the happy clapper camp and usually try to look for positives.
I can't see any here and I want shot of him asap.

It isn't the result yesterday - it's Hibs and we're going to have some results like that where we chuck away points at the last minute.
I don't like it but I can accept it's part and parcel of the game when you're a Hibs supporter.

It's the manner of the game. We looked inept and for me it wasn't the players looking inept.

We actually have decent players right not. Not our best squad by any means but enough for a tilt at the top 4.
But not with PH in charge.

First off, Scott Allan.
You look at what he's done for us before and how he's been playing this season.
Why the ****** is he playing him in that position?

Allan should be central and with licence to find space to feed balls into the strikers and wingers.
He's one of the best players in the league doing that and we will get goals from that.
You build the team around that talent.

He's there because we're trying to accommodate Mallan in the same team.
Now I like Mallan but I don't think you can play him and Allan in the same team because they should be in the same position.
What we have now is a fudge who's only saving grace is that it's a better position for Mallan than a deep central midfield role.

Then there's the number of attackers.

We're playing with 5 attackers from the start yesterday - Kamberi, Doidge, Allan, Middleton and Mallan.
That's one too many minimum and there's nobody other than Vela to provide a platform for them to play from.

I include Mallan as an attacker and the reason for that is simple - if you took the free kicks, shooting from range and set up passes from Mallan's locker would he get a game?
The answer is no. That doesn't mean these things aren't of value - they are and I like him in the team for that - but it does mean he's an attacker and not a central midfielder.
He simply wouldn't get a game there if you take out elements that are nice-to-haves for a Centre Mid but not part of the core skillset.

There were sections of the game in the second half when it genuinely looked like the non defenders didn't know what formation they were playing.
I didn't know what formation they were playing. I can't see that being anyone's fault apart from the Manager. This is down to formation rather than individual errors.
Now I don't mean there that the players aren't making mistakes but we were asking for trouble because we had no control of the game.

There's a decent team in there but it needs to be playing a balanced formation week in week out with occasional tweaks to it.
I think he's trying to be too cute with his formation and I don't think he's good enough to make it work and I don't think he's smart enough to go back to basics.

We can't play 5 attackers and playing that way is going to get us a stack of losses against teams that are competent and organised.
St Johnstone were poor yesterday imo and it terrifies me what's going to happen against decent teams.

I'd get shot of PH right now as I've seen nothing in what he does that inclines me to think we won't be in for a long and disappointing season at best.
At worst I can see him having us flirting with relegation (and again, I'm a general happy clapper).

Leaving it a bit longer for me is delaying the inevitable.
I don't think they will but I expect their hand will be forced around Christmas.

Great post. Spot on 👍🏼

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Questions should be asked of George Craig and his “football department”. What does he actually bring to the table apart from being able to talk and talk and talk about how brilliant the footballing operation is at hibs?

While I wouldn't say the recruitment has been great I think we have a decent squad right now.
We need to start playing a decent formation that has balance and the ability to control the middle of the park.
Without the last part we're going to find our defence - which isn't a bad one - is exposed and will concede goals simply through sustained pressure.

I think the right manager could take that squad and get 4th.
I think PH will have us bottom half at best because he's tactically lost and teams doing the basics will take points off us (exactly like yesterday) all season long.

The 90+2
25-08-2019, 09:48 AM

Yep, it always seems to be overlooked. The recruitment the last three summers has been terrible covered up usually in January. There doesn’t seem to be a clear plan to bring in specific players to play specific positions and we have a load of jack of all trades who aren’t very good at one position.

The 90+2
25-08-2019, 09:49 AM
While I wouldn't say the recruitment has been great I think we have a decent squad right now.
We need to start playing a decent formation that has balance and the ability to control the middle of the park.
Without the last part we're going to find our defence - which isn't a bad one - is exposed and will concede goals simply through sustained pressure.

I think PH will have us bottom half at best because he's tactically lost and teams doing the basics will take points off us (exactly like yesterday) all season long.

I would disagree and say we have a very weak squad. The defence is all over the shop with players past their best, Allan gets injured midfield is goosed and if Kamberi gets injured there’s no goals. We have an extremely average first 11 even in comparison to the squad we had when we got promoted.

Ellahappyhibee
25-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Performance was awful, offered almost no attacking threat apart from 2 goals. What was the formation? No-one around me knew, and there was disbelief that Allan was being played out wide. The booing when Allan was subbed, is as many said anger & frustration directed at the Manager. We have been awful since we made top 6 last season. Manager needs to go now, he talks about high press but as many have said it is non existent.
Perhaps the new owner needs to take a forensic look at both the manager and the overall running of the club.

Weegreenman
25-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Players getting played in the wrong position.
Our best players sat on the bench.
Our best player being subbed.
No high press. Especially at home.
No intensity to our play
Cant pass.
New players all very average at very best.

Manager looks like he’s a stubborn smart arse of a man.

I don’t see him turning this around, he needs to go I’m afraid.

Saying all that, would love to be proved wrong. Sad times!

rotherhamrob
25-08-2019, 10:22 AM
I'll admit to being a happy clapper but right now we're a bit sh***.
I just can't see what we're supposed to be doing or what our style of play is,that is entirely down to the manager.
It also has to be said that some of the players need to take a long hard look at themselves, Where's the passion and pride to stop other teams running over us in the midfield? The whole midfield yesterday was pi**, in fact I'd hazard a guess that Stirling, Campbell, gullan and Murray would have offered more, they certainly wouldn't have been any worse.
I'd still be giving him a round of fixtures but if there was no improvement I'd be getting rid.

truehibernian
25-08-2019, 10:54 AM
The football is insipid and dreadful to watch, with no pace or real width. Midfield is all over the place with tombola selections / positioning. Team lacks energy and the defence looks ageing. The recruitment has been nothing short of awful. 19 or 20 shots v St. Johnstone, at home, should never ever happen.

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2019, 11:05 AM
I would disagree and say we have a very weak squad. The defence is all over the shop with players past their best, Allan gets injured midfield is goosed and if Kamberi gets injured there’s no goals. We have an extremely average first 11 even in comparison to the squad we had when we got promoted.

Don't get me wrong - I'm saying decent rather than worldbeaters - but I think the first XI is good enough to push for top 4.

The defence while not exceptional and prone to mistakes is suffering due to a lot of pressure getting applied through the shoddy tactics.
I think if we actually play a proper formation and control the midfield then they're under a lot less pressure and we concede fewer goals.
He's playing 5 players whose primary job and core skills are as attackers so there's no midfield to control the game.

Exuberance1875
25-08-2019, 11:32 AM
The football is eye bleeding, at Hibs fans are there to be entertained, not to grind out draws with St Johnstone and Morton (over 90 mins)

He’s underestimated Hibs and is now looking for excuses after games. Time for change 100%

Beefster
25-08-2019, 11:35 AM
I could be wrong but with Fenlon it always seemed like there was difference in opinion between the fans who watched Hibs regularly and those fans who, for whatever reason, didn’t.

It’s possible that the same thing happens with Heckingbottom. On the surface, things seem middling. Some crap results, some wins. I’m not unconvinced by him because we stole a draw at home to St Johnstone though. I’m unconvinced because the football is pretty dire, pretty negative and the players often look like they haven’t got a ****ing clue what they should be doing. When they do know what they’re doing, it’s inevitably because we’re trying to keep everything tight and hit teams on the break.

I’m not suggesting that we’re going to get relegated but it all has the feel of the reigns of Fenlon and Butcher.

RossScott1991
25-08-2019, 11:39 AM
I’m not even sweating about it. He will be gone before we know it, fans are against him and his comment after game about the fans. There is no coming back. The man is a fraud who talks a good game.

Real Emerald
25-08-2019, 11:43 AM
I’m not even sweating about it. He will be gone before we know it, fans are against him and his comment after game about the fans. There is no coming back. The man is a fraud who talks a good game.

I’m not so sure about that, it would mean Hibs (LD) admitting they got his appointment wrong. I really don’t think that will happen but really hope you’re correct.

coldingham hibs
25-08-2019, 12:03 PM

I’m not so sure that we have a decent squad. Hanlon, McGregor & Gray have been on a downward spiral for one reason or another. Slivka, Newall, Horgan, Mallan, Allan are all inconsistent & Vela looks average. Kamberi has been good the last couple of games but again is a hit or miss. Doidge hasn’t shown much & Middleton hasn’t stood out yet.

Yes, if everyone clicks we can be good but it just hasn’t happened yet.

NAE NOOKIE
25-08-2019, 12:07 PM
I'm never comfortable with looking to bin managers after just a few games of a new season so I haven't voted … but if I had the way I feel after witnessing yesterday it would have been go. From what I've seen since he first arrived he is a very conservative manager and I don't see much sign of that changing.

His style, if you can call it that, of allowing the opposition to take the initiative in games is brutal to watch, St Mirren did it and St Johnstone did it yesterday and its completely at odds with his 'high pressing game' talk when he first arrived, I have seen no evidence of that or that he is building a team capable of doing it. From the word go he has left nobody up the pitch when we are defending corners of free kicks …. where's the F'ing out ball?

I said it on another thread. We have Motherwell and Killie away in our next two fixtures, one on good form and one not … if that turns into two defeats IMO he will be in Pat Fenlon's situation the night we were beaten by Hearts in the league cup … We were as good that night as we had been in practically any game Fenlon managed us in, we could have been 3 - 0 up by half time easily we were so good. But we lost 0 - 1 and that was the end for Fenlon, nobody cared how we had played, it was all about the result.

Our next game following Motherwell and Killie is Hearts at home … if we haven't done better than one point from the two previous games and we lose to Hearts only dogged support from the board and owner will save him, but if that happens we will once again be back to the bad old days where the fans and the club are totally at odds with each other.

GonzoReturns
25-08-2019, 12:11 PM
I'm never comfortable with looking to bin managers after just a few games of a new season so I haven't voted … but if I had the way I feel after witnessing yesterday it would have been go. From what I've seen since he first arrived he is a very conservative manager and I don't see much sign of that changing.

His style, if you can call it that, of allowing the opposition to take the initiative in games is brutal to watch, St Mirren did it and St Johnstone did it yesterday and its completely at odds with his 'high pressing game' talk when he first arrived, I have seen no evidence of that or that he is building a team capable of doing it. From the word go he has left nobody up the pitch when we are defending corners of free kicks …. where's the F'ing out ball?

I said it on another thread. We have Motherwell and Killie away in our next two fixtures, one on good form and one not … if that turns into two defeats IMO he will be in Pat Fenlon's situation the night we were beaten by Hearts in the league cup … We were as good that night as we had been in practically any game Fenlon managed us in, we could have been 3 - 0 up by half time easily we were so good. But we lost 0 - 1 and that was the end for Fenlon, nobody cared how we had played, it was all about the result.

Our next game following Motherwell and Killie is Hearts at home … if we haven't done better than one point from the two previous games and we lose to Hearts only dogged support from the board and owner will save him, but if that happens we will once again be back to the bad old days where the fans and the club are totally at odds with each other.

Exactly where I am at as well. Desperately want him to come good but struggling to see where it’s going to get better. The Hearts game will be a huge milestone one way or another!!

Partyraiser
25-08-2019, 01:03 PM
I've said since the Rangers game that I'd judge him after a round of fixtures. I now feel that if we give him that long the damage may be irreversible and I think we need to replace him asap. The team selections are baffling and are compounded by a negative style of play and clueless substitutions. His time is up

Hermit Crab
25-08-2019, 01:06 PM

Only week 3 guys

He stays for now

What about the end of last season? :confused:

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2019, 01:13 PM
I've said since the Rangers game that I'd judge him after a round of fixtures. I now feel that if we give him that long the damage may be irreversible and I think we need to replace him asap. The team selections are baffling and are compounded by a negative style of play and clueless substitutions. His time is up

This is it for me. I see no evidence that suggests he can turn it round and I feel waiting till a round of fixtures is done is basically giving up on the season.

lucky
25-08-2019, 01:27 PM
His time has come and gone. 66% of fans on here want him out, crowds down, poor performance and now he’s blaming the fans. His after match comment about Scot Allan and fans booing was pathetic. Once a manager loses the support of the fans he’s gone. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ron Gordon sacks him this week.
I also think LD is under pressure, poor appointment, spending £100k on cctv, no shirt sponsorship and attendances falling. The feel good factor has drained from Hibs.

Sad thing is all of us can see what’s happening as we’ve seen it before

GoalsMcGinley
25-08-2019, 01:29 PM

Nothing to do with the recruitment team. He was told not to sign 2 of them. These are ALL his guys.

Lee Marvin
25-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Nothing to do with the recruitment team. He was told not to sign 2 of them. These are ALL his guys.

How could you possibly know that!!!!!

Solidify this made up lie, who were the two he was told not to sign?

Borderhibbie76
25-08-2019, 01:33 PM
His time has come and gone. 66% of fans on here want him out, crowds down, poor performance and now he’s blaming the fans. His after match comment about Scot Allan and fans booing was pathetic. Once a manager loses the support of the fans he’s gone. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ron Gordon sacks him this week.
I also think LD is under pressure, poor appointment, spending £100k on cctv, no shirt sponsorship and attendances falling. The feel good factor has drained from Hibs.

Sad thing is all of us can see what’s happening as we’ve seen it beforeDempster has been untouchable for a while but she has been very quiet ever since the Lennon debacle and I do think she is nearing the end of her time with us. She did a great job initially but weve gone backwards alarmingly in the last year in terms of recruitment and the feel good factor and she doesnt seem able to turn the tide. It's looking ever likely that Hecky was a poor appointment too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GoalsMcGinley
25-08-2019, 01:37 PM
How could you possibly know that!!!!!

Solidify this made up lie, who were the two he was told not to sign?

He was warned off both Joe Newell and Josh Vela but he wanted them so the club backed him. He was given total control over who was brought in this season. If you can’t see that from the players we’ve signed then your eyes are painted on. NONE of his signings have any experience playing top flight football, never mind in Scotland. None of them are good enough and none of them will see out their contracts. Trust me on that.

Lee Marvin
25-08-2019, 01:40 PM
He was warned off both Joe Newell and Josh Vela but he wanted them so the club backed him. He was given total control over who was brought in this season. If you can’t see that from the players we’ve signed then your eyes are painted on. NONE of his signings have any experience playing top flight football, never mind in Scotland. None of them are good enough and none of them will see out their contracts. Trust me on that.

I never said these were not his sigings, they clearly are. However, I highly doubt the integrity of your claim as very few people on the planet would know if thst actually happened. It'll now become a .net fact and another stick to beat him with.

B.H.F.C
25-08-2019, 01:40 PM

Sad thing is all of us can see what’s happening as we’ve seen it before

All of that is very true but I’d be very, very surprised if he was away this week. No chance of that happening IMO.

H18S NX
25-08-2019, 01:44 PM
Go,can't see him turning anything around.

supermcginn
25-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Go asap

BoltonHibee
25-08-2019, 02:08 PM

I can believe this

Islington Hibs
25-08-2019, 02:35 PM
totally absurd poll.

Hecky's record so far, in competitive matches is played 22, won 13 drew 4 lost 5. Very early days but that is one of the better records of any Hibs manager.

Great turn around last season to get top six well against the head, slightly disappointing results so this season but far far, too early to judge.

Sure the new signings have yet to shine, but it is only the third game of the season for God's sake. Some people should be totally ashamed of themselves and if this shameless short-termism and boo boys tactics continue you will drive decent fans away who want to enjoy a pleasant, enjoyable day out without endless cat calling and poor sportsmanship. Time to judge is at least 12-18months away.

Gatecrasher
25-08-2019, 02:40 PM
totally absurd poll.

Hecky's record so far, in competitive matches is played 22, won 13 drew 4 lost 5. Very early days but that is one of the better records of any Hibs manager.

Great turn around last season to get top six well against the head, slightly disappointing results so this season but far far, too early to judge.

Sure the new signings have yet to shine, but it is only the third game of the season for God's sake. Some people should be totally ashamed of themselves and if this shameless short-termism and boo boys tactics continue you will drive decent fans away who want to enjoy a pleasant, enjoyable day out without endless cat calling and poor sportsmanship. Time to judge is at least 12-18months away.

if we keep him for that long we'll be back in the championship. (i'm not being sarcastic) If we get thumped in the derby he will lose what remaining support he has left IMO.

Hibee Mac
25-08-2019, 02:43 PM
His results and performances have been woeful against top 6 opposition. His one saving grace last year was results against the bottom 6 (still ground out with no good performances so to say).

Now it would appear he can't even manage that, he's also delivered one of our worst results I can remember, losing the fans at an alarming rate and now wasting what I see as the precious time we have with Scott Allan at Hibs.

Good lord I hope we don't give him 12-18 months as some are suggesting! My eyes have bled enough watching us play under him I don't think I could manage another year.

CraigHibee
25-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Early doors this season, let's see his the next 3-4 games go

B.H.F.C
25-08-2019, 02:51 PM
totally absurd poll.

You can only judge what you are watching and what we are watching is dire. He’s managing to reduce the gates already, he doesn’t have 12-18 months to turn it all round. The gates aren’t reducing because people are booing.

Wilson
25-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Early doors this season, let's see his the next 3-4 games go

Aw. Must we?!

1 8 7 5
25-08-2019, 03:13 PM
100% get rid.

Ellahappyhibee
25-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Ask yourselves - if you didn't have season ticket (and based on performances in league cup and league to date) would you have been there yesterday? If we were playing Motherwell at home next week, not away, would you as a non season ticket holder be going?

As others have said, since we made top six last season, the performances are lacklustre and awful.

Does the board at Hibs still believe in him? Does what they are watching match what he said in interviews he would deliver? Scraping into top six is not success this season.

The 90+2
25-08-2019, 03:25 PM

Thanks for sharing this 👍

Hiber-nation
25-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Ask yourselves - if you didn't have season ticket (and based on performances in league cup and league to date) would you have been there yesterday? If we were playing Motherwell at home next week, not away, would you as a non season ticket holder be going?

As others have said, since we made top six last season, the performances are lacklustre and awful.

Does the board at Hibs still believe in him? Does what they are watching match what he said in interviews he would deliver? Scraping into top six is not success this season.

I'd be there if Butcher got reappointed and re-signed Rowan Vine.

One Day Soon
25-08-2019, 03:29 PM
I'd be there if Butcher got reappointed and re-signed Rowan Vine.

I'd be there if Rowan Vine was appointed manager and signed Terry Butcher.

Hiber-nation
25-08-2019, 03:35 PM
I'd be there if Rowan Vine was appointed manager and signed Terry Butcher.

😂

Just Jimmy
25-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Go. I'll be honest, he lost me after the Celtic Cup game last year. it was the first time in almost 6 years that I could recall hibs fearing the old firm and that was because he set us up scared. we were utterly powder puff and gutless. then the huns game this season.

I don't expect these games to define our season results wise (although we should be competing with the Rangers) but I do expect us to have a proper go and compete over the 90 mins.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
25-08-2019, 03:42 PM

Go to Motherwell anyway radgeworks.

PapillonVert
25-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Stay for now, but improvement needed in forthcoming comes.

This. Believe in giving everyone a reasonable shout but defence especially needs to tighten up. Don't want to go back to those days when we got a one goal lead and spent at least half the game desperately hanging on and falling further and further back trying to defend the lead only to be thwarted at the last gasp.

If we have aspirations for top six (dare I say top three or four?), we need to be winning our home games against the likes of St. J. reasonably comfortably.

No disrespect to the Saints BTW - my maternal granny's family was from Perthshire and so have always had a soft spot for them. Was told we had a family member who was a captain for them way back - don't know if it's true or not.

Victor
25-08-2019, 04:37 PM
I am surprised that the players are getting a free ride here. Surely they must take some responsibility for yesterday’s display? Scott Allan was poor yesterday and was the reason that Gray was injured. I am quite sure the manager didn’t tell them to pass the ball aimlessly to opposition players, to fail to win any header in the opposition half and to fail to hold onto the ball by taking it into the corner or clear it from their own box away from the opposition. Unfortunately they did all of the above yesterday, repeatedly, and that is why a poor St. Johnstone team got a draw. He may be responsible for playing players out of position and for the slow build up play, but he is certainly not wholly responsible for yesterday’s result. Therefore, I think he should be given more time before any decision is made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
25-08-2019, 04:48 PM
Ordinarily I’d say stay but the reaction to him yesterday was poisonous. He’s never going to recover from it short of putting together a run of form that blows everyone outside the OF away so it’s probably at the point where it’s better for everyone to part ways.

So to summarise I think his performance as manager should mean he stays. But the attitude of some fans towards him probably makes his position untenable.

calumhibee1
25-08-2019, 04:50 PM

Not sure I believe that’s happened. If it has though then what’s the point of having a recruitment team if the work they do is potentially not even being made use of?

hibsbollah
25-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Previous to yesterday I thought it was fair to give him a round of fixtures to resolve whatever going wrong.

After watching yesterday's performance I'm now thinking end of October. Heckxit, if you like. We have a tasty run of fixtures in late October/early Nov against Hamilton Livvy Ross County and St Mirren, who quite frankly Hibs should always aim to be taking 12 points from. Its a perfect opportunity for Heck to make a comeback, go from zero to hero, climb the table and prove the fans wrong. If however we stumble during that run I think its curtains (and we could be looking over our shoulders at the relegation places anyway, which would make up the owners minds up for them. We can't afford to even think about relegation).

Hibs90
25-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Time to judge is at least 12-18months away.

That is the most laughable thing I have ever read.

Hibs90
25-08-2019, 04:58 PM
I am surprised that the players are getting a free ride here. Surely they must take some responsibility for yesterday’s display? Scott Allan was poor yesterday and was the reason that Gray was injured. I

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Allan was poor because he was played on the right wing. It's not like he didn't try as he obviously did.

He was playing to the managers instructions.

Hi Heid Yin
25-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Hecks enjoyed the usual "new manager run" before the enthusiasm wained and we failed miserably in the last 5 games of last season..
The questions continued into this season as unknown signings arrived from the lower English leagues, and as we watched them huff and puff and struggle past lower league opponents in the league cup, and now, 3 games into the league campaign, we are witnessing dire football, an inept midfield with players being played out of position, and a powder-puff defence that simply can't defend or keep a clean sheet. Ordinary sides, with a fraction of our budget, like St. Johnstone, are outplaying us.

Sorry, but we've seen all this before.
I think our club should cut its losses by getting shot of a manager who quite simply is out of his depth and does not understand our club, and give ourselves a chance to rescue the season whilst it is still early.

calumhibee1
25-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Hecks enjoyed the usual "new manager run" before the enthusiasm wained and we failed miserably in the last 5 games of last season..
The questions continued into this season as unknown signings arrived from the lower English leagues, and as we watched them huff and puff and struggle past lower league opponents in the league cup, and now, 3 games into the league campaign, we are witnessing dire football, an inept midfield with players being played out of position, and a powder-puff defence that simply can't defend or keep a clean sheet. Ordinary sides, with a fraction of our budget, like St. Johnstone, are outplaying us.

Sorry, but we've seen all this before.
I think our club should cut its losses by getting shot of a manager who quite simply is out of his depth and does not understand our club, and give ourselves a chance to rescue the season whilst it is still early.

An ordinary club in St Johnstone outplayed us. We’ve not been outplayed by any other “ordinary” teams off the top of my head and if we have it’s not a regular occurrence. His record against those teams is outstanding.

WhileTheChief..
25-08-2019, 05:16 PM
Heckxit.

Made me laugh!

Smartie
25-08-2019, 05:24 PM
An ordinary club in St Johnstone outplayed us. We’ve not been outplayed by any other “ordinary” teams off the top of my head and if we have it’s not a regular occurrence. His record against those teams is outstanding.

It is, but that excellent record was mainly earned last season and he could call on good performances from Omeonga and McNulty. It's starting to look like the performance of those players had more to do with our good form than anything Heckingbottom did.

An excellent record against bottom 6 teams is not to be sniffed at. Do we have confidence he can continue his good record though?

Crab apple
25-08-2019, 06:03 PM
A few more bad results and I suspect many will be displaying the same level of vitriol to Heckingbottom as Leeds fans did.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/leeds-united-fans-really-dont-15785380.amp

calumhibee1
25-08-2019, 06:08 PM
It is, but that excellent record was mainly earned last season and he could call on good performances from Omeonga and McNulty. It's starting to look like the performance of those players had more to do with our good form than anything Heckingbottom did.

An excellent record against bottom 6 teams is not to be sniffed at. Do we have confidence he can continue his good record though?

Yup, all fair points. I don’t think it’s fair to suggest we regularly get outplayed by them though. Going forward that may become the case, but it’s not been so far.

brianmc
25-08-2019, 06:16 PM
He talks a great game. All the players have commented how good his signing presentation was and how wanted it made them feel.
Various players have also stated that everyone knows exactly what role is expected of them and where they fit into the team.
But..... The reality is we are an absolute shambles on the park.

Players played out of position, no discernable tactics or teamshape. Leaderless, rudderless and appearing to lack fitness or motivation (Flo excepted, due to the spies in the stand).

He can stick his presentations, dossiers and laptop where the sun don't shine.

He's Ian Cathro with a different accent and much, much less coaching experience.

Get rid ASAP.

Springbank
25-08-2019, 06:42 PM
Jim Goodwin took over St Mirren just before playing Hibs
He signed some of his team a couple of days before the game
But saints looked more organised & cohesive than we did
He wasnt 6 months in he was nearer 6 working days in, but a good manager will motivate, organise and give clear direction.
Now, we won 1-0 with a late goal so that's in ph favour
But look at saints v rangers (no danger of losing 6 goals) and they beat the Don's.
Shows the value of organising and clear tactics

Heisenberg
25-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Heckingbottom is maybe giving the players too much to deal with. When he first arrived he never shut up about all of the “information” he’d be giving to the players. Maybe they aren’t taking it in.

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2019, 06:46 PM
He is not good for Hibs but we are stuck wi him for now.

GoalsMcGinley
25-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Not sure I believe that’s happened. If it has though then what’s the point of having a recruitment team if the work they do is potentially not even being made use of?

They simply compile a list of players available to the manager for positions he has identified as needing strengthening. The manager has full responsibility of which ones actually get signed.

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2019, 10:21 PM
Heckingbottom is maybe giving the players too much to deal with. When he first arrived he never shut up about all of the “information” he’d be giving to the players. Maybe they aren’t taking it in.

I think there may be something in that.

Said elsewhere that a lot of managers will hear Klopp or Guardiola talk fancy formations and not get that you need a fairly high quality of player to make them work.
Not saying it has to be 4-4-2 but it strikes me we'd be better off with one of the more regular formations.

Forza Fred
25-08-2019, 10:33 PM
I like Hecky, but it IS a results based business.
I reckon he was taken aback by the reaction to the 6-1 humping by Rangers.
In his world, Rangers are a side with massive resources compared to us, so a significant defeat was, if not acceptable, then not earth shattering, and could be politely and logically explained away.
The tremors that shook our Hibs world after that, probably surprised him.
He repeatedly says ...mainly in regard to only one game a week, that he is still getting used to things up here.
He needs to learn quickly, for all our sakes that Hibs are NOT A ‘work in progress’ and that we demand total commitment from the START of the season, not just ‘work our way up’ to peak form in mid season.
Whether he can recover sufficiently from this, will indicate whether he is a good manager, or otherwise.
I sincerely hope he can turn things around, as he seems a decent bloke.

scooby
25-08-2019, 10:36 PM

Hecky has a masters in bulls***

Hi Heid Yin
26-08-2019, 01:57 AM

Then why not vote for him to stay, rather than not vote at all?

Coco Bryce
26-08-2019, 06:29 AM
If he stays I go.

Not watching that boring pish he's serving up anymore.

flash
26-08-2019, 06:40 AM
If he stays I go.

Not watching that boring pish he's serving up anymore.

Do supporters really do that? I would never stop going as it's as much a social thing as anything.

Smartie
26-08-2019, 06:51 AM
Do supporters really do that? I would never stop going as it's as much a social thing as anything.

I'm not going to any Rangers or Celtic games as long as he's here.

We've lost before a ball has been kicked, I have better things to do with my time than watch us meekly surrender to my least favourite teams, home or away.

Other than against them, I honestly don't find his football that bad, and I've enjoyed what we've played this season in patches. I wish we could defend, I wish we could close a game out, and I wish he'd rustle up an undiscovered gem of a defensive midfielder in time to play this weekend.

Sir David Gray
26-08-2019, 07:03 AM
I'm not going to any Rangers or Celtic games as long as he's here.

We've lost before a ball has been kicked, I have better things to do with my time than watch us meekly surrender to my least favourite teams, home or away.

Other than against them, I honestly don't find his football that bad, and I've enjoyed what we've played this season in patches. I wish we could defend, I wish we could close a game put, and I wish he'd rustle up an undiscovered gem of s midfielder in time to play this weekend.

I'll go to the home games but i'll definitely not be going to Ibrox or Parkhead until he's gone. I was at Ibrox the other week and that was enough for me.

jeffers
26-08-2019, 08:26 AM

Some have already judging by our crowd on Saturday. I'll keep going to home games but won't be spending money I can't afford to attend any away games. I'm not enjoying his brand of football.