PDA

View Full Version : Quarter Final Cup and lost once in league!

Percy Vere
24-08-2019, 10:59 PM
Quarter final in the cup
League W1 D1 L1
Hardly statistics for a sacking is it?
Just trying to inject a little realism to those slagging PH and players.
We need to support this team.
I agree things could be better, but this constant hounding is getting really tiring. I see signs of players settling, like Doidge, Jackson and Vela. Kamberi back to his best.

DavidDavidGray
24-08-2019, 11:03 PM
We have been battered by St Johnstone today, completely played off the park. Rangers blew us away. Morton and ST Mirren more than matched us. 1 win in our last 8 league games. We have been slow, midfield non existent at times and Hecky has made some mental decisions (Allan out wide today, going 2 up front with 10 men at Ibrox) and just generally been a very tough watch. We have the players to be a good attacking side, we are right to be questioning Heckingbottom.

Heisenberg
24-08-2019, 11:05 PM
Quarter final in the cup
League W1 D1 L1
I agree things could be better, but this constant hounding is getting really tiring. I see signs of players settling, like Doidge, Jackson and Vela. Kamberi back to his best.

Merely looking at the win/draw/loss stats is fine, however it doesn’t tell the whole story.

St Mirren, we deserved to win.

The draw today, we robbed a point. Second best all over the park.

The loss, well it doesn’t even need any further comment.

Whether it’s right or not the majority are now turning or have turned against the manager. He’s going to need to start sorting our performances soon or he’ll be out of a job.

Percy Vere
25-08-2019, 07:05 AM
We have been battered by St Johnstone today, completely played off the park. Rangers blew us away. Morton and ST Mirren more than matched us. 1 win in our last 8 league games. We have been slow, midfield non existent at times and Hecky has made some mental decisions (Allan out wide today, going 2 up front with 10 men at Ibrox) and just generally been a very tough watch. We have the players to be a good attacking side, we are right to be questioning Heckingbottom.

I agree with everything you’ve said. I guess I’m just trying to find some positives. I’m hoping there are signs of the players improving in spite of strange tactical decisions. P.H appears to be respected by players as far as we know. Obviously that can change if he keeps making these errors.

we are hibs
25-08-2019, 07:09 AM
Do people think he is all of a sudden going to change his whole approach to when we play celtic and rangers if we make the semis? Because we will most likely play either if we make it to the semis/final. We would be on a hiding to nothing with the way he sets us up against both.

Percy Vere
25-08-2019, 07:15 AM
Merely looking at the win/draw/loss stats is fine, however it doesn’t tell the whole story.

St Mirren, we deserved to win.

The draw today, we robbed a point. Second best all over the park.

The loss, well it doesn’t even need any further comment.

Whether it’s right or not the majority are now turning or have turned against the manager. He’s going to need to start sorting our performances soon or he’ll be out of a job.

Let’s see what happens over the next few games.
Hopefully it’s a rough spell and the manager turns the performances around. The tough thing is trying to improve under the stress of a critical and unhappy crowd. I think the crowd anxiety transmitted to the team on the pitch which is our bad.

Crab apple
25-08-2019, 07:16 AM
The manager needs to take some responsibility for his decisions.

Percy Vere
25-08-2019, 07:18 AM
Do people think he is all of a sudden going to change his whole approach to when we play celtic and rangers if we make the semis? Because we will most likely play either if we make it to the semis/final. We would be on a hiding to nothing with the way he sets us up against both.

Let’s hope he’s learned his lesson and we set up in a different way.
But whatever he does there will be people on here who know better.

mcfly
25-08-2019, 07:20 AM
Quarter final in the cup
League W1 D1 L1

Not tiring at all mate and this will only grow.

I think your in the minority wanting him to stay.

He will drive fans away - crowd already down by 1000 yesterday

Dmas
25-08-2019, 07:21 AM

Id like someone to pull him up on his previous comments, we where told to expect athletic players who where good 1v1 and a high pressing and fit team, none of that is anywhere to be seen and he's telling the media we have high expectations

RoYO!
25-08-2019, 07:29 AM
Any non-ST holder would be bonkers to come along and watch that. What I’ve seen so far has been truly guff. Heckie needs to get this working fast. The performances and lack thereof lie squarely at his feet.

B.H.F.C
25-08-2019, 07:30 AM
Let’s hope he’s learned his lesson and we set up in a different way.
But whatever he does there will be people on here who know better.

You can’t kid supporters on. If there were signs of a plan or an improving side, supporters would support. Remember in Stubbs first season, the team got a standing ovation when we lost against Dundee Utd in the league cup quarter final, that was because there were clear signs that he was building a decent team.

There is no evidence to suggest he’s learned anything. In the games since Ibrox the defence have been equally dire against poor opposition.

Fans are criticised for booing and things like that, but its not often that many people are wrong, as they weren’t yesterday.

The_Horde
25-08-2019, 07:36 AM
Let’s see what happens over the next few games.
Hopefully it’s a rough spell and the manager turns the performances around. The tough thing is trying to improve under the stress of a critical and unhappy crowd. I think the crowd anxiety transmitted to the team on the pitch which is our bad.

If they'd shown a bit of steel and passion in those final few moments the fans would've got right behind them.

They didn't show any of the mental characteristics required to be successful under the pressure of being a Hibs player.

There were plenty of the same tense moments where we were hanging onto leads under Lennon and Stubbs but the likes of Efe, Mcginn and Mcgeouch showed the composure and belief in their own ability to drag us up the park.

The fans did contribute to the teams performance in the last few minutes but let's say that was an acid test for the new boys and they failed dramatically. As they did at Ibrox.

DH1875
25-08-2019, 07:48 AM
The way he set out the team, his substations, his tactics of sitting in at home against St Johnstone trying to hold on for the win and his comments about us "drawing plenty more games at home" have finally convinced me the guy is out his depth and doesn't have a clue.

Nicho87
25-08-2019, 07:51 AM
Or
early warning signs were the top 6 last year.

signing unknown players from league 2

losing to Arbroath in a friendly
drawing with stirling
scraping a bore win against Arbroath
bore home win on 84th minute against st mirren
humped off the huns
drew 3-3 against morton
yesterday

lies about saying high pressing attacking football
lies about fitness levels being new levels etc

Hibee Mac
25-08-2019, 07:59 AM
People are right to say he is driving fans away. We did so well as a club to bring them back and now we're wanting to watch and do nothing as a hopeless manager helps push those fans away again?

Squirrel 1875
25-08-2019, 08:02 AM
Quarter final in the cup
League W1 D1 L1

We have 10 points from our last 30 available. There hasn’t been one game under his tenure where I’ve walked away feeling impressed by how good the team looked and many others feel the same. Don’t let the fact we are three games into the season cloud your vision, this man has taken us a million steps back the way.

hibbie02
25-08-2019, 08:35 AM
We have 10 points from our last 30 available. There hasn’t been one game under his tenure where I’ve walked away feeling impressed by how good the team looked and many others feel the same. Don’t let the fact we are three games into the season cloud your vision, this man has taken us a million steps back the way.

I get bored with the 3 games into a season crap. We are a pre-season, 5 LC games and 3 league games into a season. In none of those matches had there been a glimmer of hope for the season, none. Throughout that time we have had a diminishing number coming up with the early doors, it'll come good, give him time routine. In many cases I would be one of those people, as long as I could see us play they way the manager promised, with the quality of player the manager promised. If I could see the ideas begin to appear on the pitch in improving performances, with a bit of heart and passion, I could stomach the odd episode like Ipox and suck it up. What I can't deal with is playing lower league and bottom 6 teams at home and struggling.

The problem with Hecky is that he says one thing and does another. He set out his vision and trawled the English lower leagues (which he knows) and brings in players who have not improved the team a jot. If anything they are underestimating Scottish football and struggling. Add to that our established players have regressed and any signs of ability have been coached out of them. Tactics appear to be an alien concept and the game is played at pedestrian pace. Surely by now we should be able to see the Hecky vision he promised us. Unfortunately what we are seeing is Heckyball and we will have to live with it until he goes. At the back of my mind was the Blobby Williamson era when he trawled lower leagues to fill the team. If you buy and rely lower league players, you tend to find you end up in lower leagues.

SMAXXA
25-08-2019, 08:59 AM
So called fans I’ve seen saying they won’t be back after 3 league games is a disgrace imo. Stay away then for me, you just want to come back if/when we pick up win some games and for the big games or guaranteed a day out at a semi or a final.

Support Hibs thought thick and thin good or bad, that mentality of folk well they won’t be missed by me that’s for sure. We are certainly not as bad as some make us out to be, massive improvement needed to be where we want to be yes and I’m sure everyone connected with the club knows that.

B.H.F.C
25-08-2019, 09:17 AM
So called fans I’ve seen saying they won’t be back after 3 league games is a disgrace imo. Stay away then for me, you just want to come back if/when we pick up win some games and for the big games or guaranteed a day out at a semi or a final.

Support Hibs thought thick and thin good or bad, that mentality of folk well they won’t be missed by me that’s for sure. We are certainly not as bad as some make us out to be, massive improvement needed to be where we want to be yes and I’m sure everyone connected with the club knows that.

Seen a few posts like this and couldn’t disagree more with them.

Attendances are already dropping. We’re not in a position where we can afford to be losing thousands from the gate.

I’m home and away every week but I wouldn’t blame anyone for finding different ways to spend their cash at the moment. The old thing about going to the cinema if you want entertainment. Well you wouldn’t go back again and again if the general experience was crap. At Easter Road just now the general experience is crap, what we’re watching and in the stands. There is no buzz about it at all.

lucky
25-08-2019, 09:29 AM
I get bored with the 3 games into a season crap. We are a pre-season, 5 LC games and 3 league games into a season. In none of those matches had there been a glimmer of hope for the season, none. Throughout that time we have had a diminishing number coming up with the early doors, it'll come good, give him time routine. In many cases I would be one of those people, as long as I could see us play they way the manager promised, with the quality of player the manager promised. If I could see the ideas begin to appear on the pitch in improving performances, with a bit of heart and passion, I could stomach the odd episode like Ipox and suck it up. What I can't deal with is playing lower league and bottom 6 teams at home and struggling.

The problem with Hecky is that he says one thing and does another. He set out his vision and trawled the English lower leagues (which he knows) and brings in players who have not improved the team a jot. If anything they are underestimating Scottish football and struggling. Add to that our established players have regressed and any signs of ability have been coached out of them. Tactics appear to be an alien concept and the game is played at pedestrian pace. Surely by now we should be able to see the Hecky vision he promised us. Unfortunately what we are seeing is Heckyball and we will have to live with it until he goes. At the back of my mind was the Blobby Williamson era when he trawled lower leagues to fill the team. If you buy and rely lower league players, you tend to find you end up in lower leagues.

Spot on. Hibs are going backwards and everyone can see it. Crowds are starting to drop already. Not one of his signings look good enough for the Scottish Premiership

Unseen work
25-08-2019, 09:42 AM

The players need to take responsibility for their mistakes and performances.

Eaststand
25-08-2019, 09:44 AM

This says it all for me

GGTTH

Weegreenman
25-08-2019, 09:45 AM
Stats can hide a multitude of sins. I don’t like what I’m watching and I like all my fellow supporters are the people the manager and the players need to get on side. From what we’ve witnessed so far, we are dug *****.
This is merely a warning shot across the bow as far as I’m concerned because if we continue to perform the way we have been and if the manager continues to make ridiculous decisions then the bullet will be up his arse sooner rather than later!

Hibbyradge
25-08-2019, 10:12 AM
What has Heckingbottom ever said that gives you the slightest hope that he'll be successful?

For me, he just seems to waffle about non-specifics without giving us a clue as to what he's trying to achieve.

I'll also never forgive him for putting the expression "minutes into legs" into the hibs.net vocabulary.

Instead of saying "He's hardly played", folk are now saying "He's not had many minutes." :brickwall Stop it, FFS!

Yes, I know that's a random rant and isn't a reason to get short of the manager, but it needed saying. I needed to say it.

And breathe.

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2019, 10:15 AM

100%

Making it to this stage of the League Cup is simply not ****ing up.
Add to that we've made harder work of it that we should have.

I have seen precisely zero from PH that makes me think we'd beat either of the OF.

That in itself is a big step down - under Stubbs and Lennon I felt optimistic that we could get something out the OF games.
I think both the OF teams sensed we thought we could get something and were worried about playing us.

Now we're back to a soft touch that's a banker for three points or a bye to the next round.

Smartie
25-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Spot on. Hibs are going backwards and everyone can see it. Crowds are starting to drop already. Not one of his signings look good enough for the Scottish Premiership

Jackson looks good enough, James was looking promising enough. Vela has something about him and I think will improve. Maxwell hasn't really had a chance. Newell doesn't look brilliant, I'll give you that.

My gripe with him is his ability to put together an adequate midfield and he either gets another player in or stumbles across something or he'll be out on his erse before he knows it.

Weegreenman
25-08-2019, 10:19 AM
What has Heckingbottom ever said that gives you the slightest hope that he'll be successful?

For me, he just seems to waffle about non-specifics without giving us a clue as to what he's trying to achieve.

I'll also never forgive him for putting the expression "minutes into legs" into the hibs.net vocabulary.

Instead of saying "He's hardly played", folk are now saying "He's not had many minutes." :brickwall Stop it, FFS!

Yes, I know that's a random rant and isn't a reason to get short of the manager, but it needed saying. I needed to say it.

And breathe.

You've spent too many minutes on .net :agree::greengrin

SeanWilson
25-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Quarter final in the cup
League W1 D1 L1

Do you go?

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2019, 10:24 AM
The players need to take responsibility for their mistakes and performances.

I don't disagree with that and the players should not be getting a free pass.

I would however say that players can have good and bad games and most of those players from yesterday have some good game credit in the bank.
Managers are less prone to their managerial performances varying from game to game which is I think what people are concerned about here and why PH is getting it tight.

Marciano will make mistakes and have poor games but most folk generally trust him to be a good goalkeeper more often than not.
PH looks like he doesn't know how to set up a team to win consistently in this league and I don't feel that is going to change in the way a player turning his form around changes.

Smartie
25-08-2019, 10:32 AM
I don't disagree with that and the players should not be getting a free pass.

I would however say that players can have good and bad games and most of those players from yesterday have some good game credit in the bank.
Managers are less prone to their managerial performances varying from game to game which is I think what people are concerned about here and why PH is getting it tight.

Marciano will make mistakes and have poor games but most folk generally trust him to be a good goalkeeper more often than not.
PH looks like he doesn't know how to set up a team to win consistently in this league and I don't feel that is going to change in the way a player turning his form around changes.

It looks like that right now, but I honestly feel we might be the arrival of a Matty Jack/ Craig Rocastle/ Marvin Bartley type away from turning this round.

It's not going well just now, but I honestly don't think it's far away.

Do I have faith that PH can sort it though? Nope, not really.

Borderhibbie76
25-08-2019, 11:40 AM
My concern is when he does go/get sacked where does it leave us?? All his signings are on 2 or 3 year deals so the new manager is going to have to work with the squad...can someone else get more out of them than him??

I fear he is setting us back years...I now believe hes probably on borrowed time and the crowd reaction and missing 1 to 1.5k yesterday will have resonated with the board and Ron.

I reckon hes probably got till the Derby which is only 3 league matches away now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

paddy1875
25-08-2019, 12:10 PM
The guy is our very own Ian Cathro. So far out his depth it’s staggering.

Talks a good game but sadly it’s nowhere to be seen.

Maybe if he hadn’t fed us the lines of fitness levels never seen before and high pressing attacking football I could give him another 10 or so games. But we look so far off it it’s painful. Either he’s a liar. Or the players are not playing for him.

Or maybe it’s a bit of both? Yesterday removing Allan from the park signed it for me. Having Allan player right midfield put gray under pressure time and time again and it was rounded up by Allan injuring gray trying to defend? Surely if I can see he’s best played through the middle then heckingbottom can aswell?!

The one time yesterday when he was in the middle he cut st Johnstone open with a through ball to doidge. Then he’s taken off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2019, 12:28 PM
The guy is our very own Ian Cathro. So far out his depth it’s staggering.

Talks a good game but sadly it’s nowhere to be seen.

Maybe if he hadn’t fed us the lines of fitness levels never seen before and high pressing attacking football I could give him another 10 or so games. But we look so far off it it’s painful. Either he’s a liar. Or the players are not playing for him.

Or maybe it’s a bit of both? Yesterday removing Allan from the park signed it for me. Having Allan player right midfield put gray under pressure time and time again and it was rounded up by Allan injuring gray trying to defend? Surely if I can see he’s best played through the middle then heckingbottom can aswell?!

The one time yesterday when he was in the middle he cut st Johnstone open with a through ball to doidge. Then he’s taken off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the fitness side - it kind of looked like Horgan was blowing out his arse about 10 minutes after he'd come on :(
I like Horgan fwiw

Paisley Hibby
25-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Here's what I don't understand. When he joined us we were bottom 6 and looked stick ons to stay there. We hadn't won a derby at Tynecastle for years. By May we were comfortably top 6 and had won at Tynecastle. We had also found a way to win against bottom 6 sides who, under Lennon, we often seemed to struggle against. We were singing Hecky's at the wheel. He had ample opportunity to guage the real standard of Scottish football first hand before embarking on Summer's signing spree. So what on earth has gone wrong since May and why?

scooby
25-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Or
early warning signs were the top 6 last year.

signing unknown players from league 2

losing to Arbroath in a friendly
drawing with stirling
scraping a bore win against Arbroath
bore home win on 84th minute against st mirren
humped off the huns
drew 3-3 against morton
yesterday

lies about saying high pressing attacking football
lies about fitness levels being new levels etc

Exactly, anyone who's been to those games can see the problem. He's out of his depth and desperately trying to get any form of result at the moment.
We need to tip him now