PDA

View Full Version : Was their equaliser offside?

matty_f
24-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Seen Hecky’s comments about it, so without taking away how poor we were, was their second goal offside (presuming he wasn’t taking any their first)?

Sammy7nil
24-08-2019, 09:21 PM
No idea but they really deserved a goal. What the **** was Marciano doing for the first he seemed to lie down :confused:

Carheenlea
24-08-2019, 09:22 PM
Have yet to see it again, but if it was it shouldn’t detract from the pathetic spectacle of being put under the cosh on home turf for the closing 5 minutes against a struggling side. We have the players to be much better than that.

IberianHibernian
24-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Haven`t seen a repetition of goal but at the time I thought it looked okay and was a good header . All criticism here tonight but I actually thought that we defended crosses today really well until the late goal . Jackson was my MOM .

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 09:27 PM
No idea but they really deserved a goal. What the **** was Marciano doing for the first he seemed to lie down :confused:

Agreed he sold the first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2019, 09:32 PM
If it was the second Flo had a chance to clear the danger but fluffed his clearance in the box straight to their left winger ball whipped it in excellent header in off the post Rocky no chance

You could see the goal coming thought they deserved it

At no time did I consider it to be offside

Might be wrong in this day and age of VAR??

Many around me were glad to hear the final whistle

No fight No clue

Saints definitely the better side second half aided and abetted by the powers that be

Hoping that Hallberg is the new Matty Jack

Vela looks like a lost soul but he is not alone

Smartie
24-08-2019, 09:34 PM
Not sure if he was offside or not, but at the time the thought that he might have been offside didn't even occur to me.

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2019, 09:37 PM
If it was then it's cost us 2 big points and potentially a guy his job. Today wasn't pretty but 2-1 would've been a great result against a team we haven't beat at Easter road in years.

Carheenlea
24-08-2019, 09:39 PM
If it was then it's cost us 2 big points and potentially a guy his job. Today wasn't pretty but 2-1 would've been a great result against a team we haven't beat at Easter road in years.

Shows you how far standards have slipped - home wins against St Johnstone should never be classed as great results.

tamig
24-08-2019, 09:39 PM
If it was the second Flo had a chance to clear the danger but fluffed his clearance in the box straight to their left winger ball whipped it in excellent header in off the post Rocky no chance

No fight No clue

Saints definitely the better side second half aided and abetted by the powers that be

I’m surprised hardly anyone else has mentioned Flo’s role in their second goal. He could have booted the ball away easily. Very poor on his part.

Sammy7nil
24-08-2019, 09:41 PM

No fight No clue

Saints definitely the better side second half
aided and abetted by the powers that be

What does that mean ?

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Shows you how far standards have slipped - home wins against St Johnstone should never be classed as great results.

Slipped from what? our brilliant 4th place season when we didn't beat them home or away? or our decent 5th place season where we lost to them at home? A win is always a great result.

Standards haven't slipped at all, this place us bedlam right now because we DREW.

IberianHibernian
24-08-2019, 09:45 PM
I’m surprised hardly anyone else has mentioned Flo’s role in their second goal. He could have booted the ball away easily. Very poor on his part.A lot of lack of game awareness in whole team in recent matches - players not knowing when to keep possession , put ball out , make for corner , etc or just not good enough technically to do above or too old to physically do above for 94 minutes .

The_Horde
24-08-2019, 09:50 PM
I thought he was offside at the time but I didn't complain too much because you could feel it coming and it was really no less than they deserved.

The_Horde
24-08-2019, 09:51 PM
A lot of lack of game awareness in whole team in recent matches - players not knowing when to keep possession , put ball out , make for corner , etc or just not good enough technically to do above or too old to physically do above for 94 minutes .

Not enough leaders or composed footballers.

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2019, 09:51 PM
What does that mean ?

Hecky of course!

Subs Tactics Team Selection

Squirrel 1875
24-08-2019, 09:52 PM
Slipped from what? our brilliant 4th place season when we didn't beat them home or away? or our decent 5th place season where we lost to them at home? A win is always a great result.

Standards haven't slipped at all, this place us bedlam right now because we DREW.

The place is bedlam because our manager is clearly inept. His signings are atrocious and the standards at the club have regressed massively. We look a shadow of the side we know we should be and miles away from a team which could challenge for Europe.

Should we accept these performances because we drew with St Johnstone, a team we have traditionally struggled against? No.

matty_f
24-08-2019, 09:55 PM
I thought he was offside at the time but I didn't complain too much because you could feel it coming and it was really no less than they deserved.

It’s not deserved if it’s offside, though, is it?

I think St Johnstone were worth 3 points today, never mind 1, but they should still have to score a legitimate goal for their point.

The_Horde
24-08-2019, 09:58 PM
The place is bedlam because our manager is clearly inept. His signings are atrocious and the standards at the club have regressed massively. We look a shadow of the side we know we should be and miles away from a team which could challenge for Europe.

Should we accept these performances because we drew with St Johnstone, a team we have traditionally struggled against? No.

I'd be willing to bet that this post of yours will receive none of the hate that your previous posts did.

Funny how you can go from being labelled a yam fud or a troll to almost mass agreement within the space of a couple of weeks with more or less the same content.

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2019, 10:00 PM
the place is bedlam because our manager is clearly inept. His signings are atrocious and the standards at the club have regressed massively. We look a shadow of the side we know we should be and miles away from a team which could challenge for europe.

Should we accept these performances because we drew with st johnstone, a team we have traditionally struggled against? No.

ltyf!

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2019, 10:08 PM

What suggests the standards have regressed massively? who is happy at the club right now?

Criswell
24-08-2019, 10:31 PM
I don't know if the goal was offside or not, but by my watch the 4 mins added-on had elapsed even before the corner was given!

BlackSheep
24-08-2019, 10:38 PM
St Johnstone may have had a poor league cup, and then got overrun by Celtic and drew with Livi, who seem to be having a good start to the season.... but I think calling them a struggling team is a harsh criticism after 3 league games.

We struggled to break down St Mirren, got pumped by Rangers and went to extra time with Morton!

I’d say they’ve had a similar start to their season to us.

Today they wanted it more. We could have taken the ball to the corner in the last 5 mins before the onslaught began and tried to edge them out at their end of the park but bad decisions from some players with attempts at tricks on the edge of our own box and panicked clearances is part of why we dropped points today.

wookie70
24-08-2019, 10:42 PM
The linesman had missed at least 3 very clear offsides previous to the goal and one which was from a free kick. He was standing on the St Js forward rather than the last defender and looked like it might have been the first match he had ever attended at times. The defenders get a hard time but it can't be easy when you are forced to defend attacks where you have already done a good job and should have a free kick

The Harp Awakes
24-08-2019, 10:54 PM

Most of my lifetime supporting Hibs so called lesser teams have turned us over or taken points at ER repeatedly. The trend continues.

No wonder the supporters get p1ssed off.

Stubbs and Lennon turned the tide albeit we had some poor results interspersed.

The warning signs are there with our current Manager. His signings and tactics are looking clueless. How long do we stick with him?

24-08-2019, 11:09 PM
Seen Hecky’s comments about it, so without taking away how poor we were, was their second goal offside (presuming he wasn’t taking any their first)?

Highlights now on Hibs TV but cannot tell from the footage if offside.