PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Allan

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Hasn’t been at his best in training and been carrying a knock - so he gets stuck out on the right after running the show each and every single week since he has came back?

Of course there isn’t a law against replacing our most influential player having played him out of position and being over ran by the worst team in the league but none the less - That’s a shocker from Hecky.

Onceinawhile
24-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Aye. It was a sackable offence on its own.

Bonkers.

jane_says
24-08-2019, 08:49 PM
Scott Allan is never a RM in a million years and we all know it. He drifted inside once in the whole game and put Doidge in on goal with a trademark pass, then was immediately subbed.

He’s our best player and should be the first name on the team sheet. The rest of the team should be fitted around getting the best out of him.

If Heckingbottom can’t see that the he’ll be gone before the cup game.

Leith Green
24-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Another masterclass from our manager 👍

Weegreenman
24-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Horgan on the bench and Scotty on the wing. Clearly looking to be sacked or moved on. Terrible decision making Hecky!

Hibee Mac
24-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Pure deflection. Not going to win anyone over with comments like that.

Tbh I'm still waiting to see a Heckingbottom team put in a good performance on a regular basis, scraped some results last year but no impressive performances other than the Tyncastle Derby is all I can think of. Needs to up his game before making comments like this

tonyrougier123
24-08-2019, 09:01 PM
Aye. It was a sackable offence on its own.

Bonkers.

Its pretty baffling tbh.

Its not like he had to try him in different positions to fit in.

If he would try dropping mallan id understand what he was trying to achieve in that action.
Or starting slivka today I would have a case for him.

But scotty is no winger and never looked like being one.

Everyone knows allan is best in the thick of the action.centrally!

we are hibs
24-08-2019, 09:07 PM
the one time allan was in and around their box centrally he found doidge with a through ball.

Playing him out wide is a travesty. It really is. A player as talented as him being shunted out wide while lesser "untouchable" players play in the middle ahead of him.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Its pretty baffling tbh.

Its not like he had to try him in different positions to fit in.

If he would try dropping mallan id understand what he was trying to achieve in that action.
Or starting slivka today I would have a case for him.

But scotty is no winger and never looked like being one.

Everyone knows allan is best in the thick of the action.centrally!

It doesn’t even make sense:

“I never knew there was a law against subbing Scott Allan”

“He’s been poor in training this week and carrying a knock”

Yep, let’s play him wide right, is that because Hecky thought there was a law against starting Scott Allan? It’s not going to help a player carrying a knock to play a role where even more mobility is required for Sauzees sake.

Nicho87
24-08-2019, 09:08 PM
Scott Allan never played right wing once in his previous times at hibs.

the manager is an absolute balloon.

stubbs first year worked a team around our star player, the diamond, the 3-5-2,

current manager, is too stubborn, I almost get the impression now he feels like he ain’t my signing I’m going to show you lot my signings can be just as good, backed up by subbing him off at Ibrox and today.

so anti hecky now it’s unreal. I can understand subbing Scott Allan if we are winning comfortably, but 1-0 is unforgivable

Unseen work
24-08-2019, 09:09 PM
My biggest criticism of Heckingbottom is I sometimes thinks he tries to be too clever.

Its always focussed on the opposition and Change the players/personnel to beat who is in front of us on a weekly basis.

For me, play your strongest 11 every game, the rest will take care of itself.

Marciano

Gray Jackson Hanlon Stevenson

Slivka Vela

Horgan. Allan. Middleton

Kamberi

For me it was an easy choice with the starting 11 today.

We really need the lad Hallberg to be a big player.

Horgan hasn’t been at his best but he has still be contributing through goals and assists and is always a thorn for the opposition. Last week we actually played very good stuff imo and showed a lot of positives, albeit defensively were a shambles and a tad unlucky.

We need to let the team settle and players get used to who is around them and what their game is. The players will be going into games not having a clue what team or formation will be played.

I assume Fraser Murray was injured before he wasn’t in the team?

Sammy7nil
24-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Pure deflection. Not going to win anyone over with comments like that.

Tbh I'm still waiting to see a Heckingbottom team put in a good performance on a regular basis, scraped some results last year but no impressive performances other than the Tyncastle Derby is all I can think of. Needs to up his game before making comments like this

Hearts could have and should have been 3 or 4 up before we scored.

Rumble de Thump
24-08-2019, 09:10 PM
Was Allan poor in training?

Hibeesforever
24-08-2019, 09:10 PM
Scott Allan needs to play number 10 and the team revolves around him...this might mean that Stevie Mallan is told to find a new club...today's team selection was all wrong!

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 09:25 PM
Scott Allan never played right wing once in his previous times at hibs.

the manager is an absolute balloon.

stubbs first year worked a team around our star player, the diamond, the 3-5-2,

current manager, is too stubborn, I almost get the impression now he feels like he ain’t my signing I’m going to show you lot my signings can be just as good, backed up by subbing him off at Ibrox and today.

so anti hecky now it’s unreal. I can understand subbing Scott Allan if we are winning comfortably, but 1-0 is unforgivable

Yeah I kind of thought the same when Vela went into the Allan position covered by Slivka (who should have started).

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 09:26 PM
Was Allan poor in training?

Hecky has said so.

JohnM1875
24-08-2019, 09:28 PM
The guy is a tit. Also said he was subbed cause we needed energy. But Mallan stayed on for 90 minutes?! My word.

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 09:29 PM
I think we need to remember we are about Hibs and not Scott Allan. He wasn’t good enough to be a regular starter for Dundee, if he doesn’t fit the system he might not play. It isn’t a sackable offence, it is the manager trying to do the best for the club.

Hecky didn’t sign him....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AugustaHibs
24-08-2019, 09:31 PM
I think we need to remember we are about Hibs and not Scott Allan. He wasn’t good enough to be a regular starter for Dundee, if he doesn’t fit the system he might not play. It isn’t a sackable offence, it is the manager trying to do the best for the club.

Bed time Paul

Nicho87
24-08-2019, 09:33 PM

Correct but when Scott allan is by far the only shining light in a horrible team that’s where fans will get involved.

Out of interest how long did you applaud for at full time.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-08-2019, 09:34 PM
When Horgan came on Allan should have switched to the middle, not gone off. That was what the booing was for. Not a huge surprise that Horgan did better than Allan when he came on.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Scott Allan will be at Hibs longer than Paul Heckingbottom.

PH91
24-08-2019, 09:41 PM
My biggest criticism of Heckingbottom is I sometimes thinks he tries to be too clever.

Its always focussed on the opposition and Change the players/personnel to beat who is in front of us on a weekly basis.

Marciano

Slivka Vela

Horgan. Allan. Middleton

Kamberi

Horgan hasn’t been at his best but he has still be contributing through goals and assists and is always a thorn for the opposition. Last week we actually played very good stuff imo and showed a lot of positives, albeit defensively were a shambles and a tad unlucky.

We need to let the team settle and players get used to who is around them and what their game is. The players will be going into games not having a clue what team or formation will be played.

Totally agree. By changing the formation today he has put unnecessary pressure on himself.

We need hallberg to be the high energy and battling midfielder we so desperately need. I am a little worried, based on what i have read and his highlights reel, that he is another more attack minded player. Suppose we will find out soon, i imagine he will be in the starting 11 as soon as fit enough.

#2 Double Tap
24-08-2019, 09:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmSzRx9RYLk

DH1875
24-08-2019, 10:17 PM

This has been covered in other threads but the myth that Allan wasn't good enough for Dundee is just that, an utter rubbish myth. He played plenty for them and they were desperate to keep him.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 10:18 PM

You’re going on a complete downward spiral this evening mate m.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 10:19 PM
Scott Allan will be at Hibs longer than Paul Heckingbottom.

Player manager?

Rumble de Thump
24-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Bed time Paul

That's terrific banter. It really is.

Wee Mickey
25-08-2019, 09:33 AM
You can guarantee (if fit) that Allan will start every week central midfield from now on. The manager needs to keep the fans onside. So recent criticism may have helped.

Weegreenman
25-08-2019, 09:51 AM

Deary me :rolleyes:

flash
25-08-2019, 09:56 AM
If he was struggling all week keep him on the bench and start Horgan. Don't understand how hanging him out to dry on the right wing is the answer.

Sean1875
25-08-2019, 09:58 AM
If Hecky doesn’t want to play him in the middle (for whatever strange reason) then drop him to the bench and play a natural right winger there, don’t just shoe horn Allan in for the sake of it to an unnatural position. Bizarre tactics.

EVENTUALLY
25-08-2019, 09:59 AM
You can guarantee (if fit) that Allan will start every week central midfield from now on. The manager needs to keep the fans onside. So recent criticism may have helped.

All I'd been looking forward to since February was the return of Scott Allan. I was keen to see who else would be joining up at Easter Road but Allan was always going to be the main man. A really really talented player who is blessed with great awareness, 360 degree vision or extra sensory ability(call it what you want) to know what was going on all around him and not only that he possesses the ability to execute a pass, shot, dummy, cross consistently to create excitement in the crowd and a positive result on the pitch. How anyone who has spent their entire working life in football playing, coaching and managing at a decent level cannot see that whatever formation is setup Allan should always be at the centre of it. Not as a supporting striker or a No.10 or a deep sitting midfielder or as an isolated winger, but right bang in the middle to take advantage of his talent to dictate and run the game.

Leith Green
25-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Whatever way you choose to look at it , that was a big mistake from the manager yesterday.

25-08-2019, 10:04 AM
scottallan.net

flash
25-08-2019, 10:05 AM
scottallan.net

You really hate him.

Leith Green
25-08-2019, 10:07 AM
The mistakes are starting to rack up now though. Yesterday playing allan out of position , his formation and tactics at ibrox , going 2 up top with 10 men at ibrox , signing joe newell to play as a left winger. Playing mallan and allan in the same midfield , blaming supporters for a poor performance, Those are just off the top of my head. There is a big reek of negativity around everything he does , tactics , formations , even his interviews stink of negativity.. I have nothing personal against him but I want us to change manager before this seeps through the entire club and fanbase

Sean1875
25-08-2019, 10:09 AM
scottallan.net

Has he pumped your Mrs or something?

Eyrie
25-08-2019, 10:23 AM
scottallan.net

Hibs fans appreciate what Allan offers the team and recognise that he is someone you can build around. A player who can not only unpick a defence with a superb pass but is also willing to do the pressing that Heckingbottom talks about.

What's your reasoning for not appreciating him?

Hibrandenburg
25-08-2019, 11:43 AM
We need to remember that Scott Allan is a diabetic. His blood sugar levels will be effected by a numerous amount of factors within and without his control and his energy levels will vary depending on that. It could have played a part in PH's decision to sub him yesterday.

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2019, 11:49 AM

Marciano

Slivka Vela

Horgan. Allan. Middleton

Kamberi

Spot on - the formation in bold is what I'd be playing.
Players in their right positions and a sane formation that can actually control the game.
I think you've hit the nail on the head saying he tries to be too clever.

coldingham hibs
25-08-2019, 11:52 AM
If he was struggling all week keep him on the bench and start Horgan. Don't understand how hanging him out to dry on the right wing is the answer.

Agree entirely with this, if Allan was not 100% then the last thing you would do is stick him in a position where he had to work harder going back & forward. Heckinbottom has pulled that excuse out the sweetie bag to cover for a shockingly bad tactical decision. He should have just said it was a poor performance and he takes responsibility, that way he gets a bit respect.

hibee_girl
25-08-2019, 11:53 AM
We need to remember that Scott Allan is a diabetic. His blood sugar levels will be effected by a numerous amount of factors within and without his control and his energy levels will vary depending on that. It could have played a part in PH's decision to sub him yesterday.

:agree: said this yesterday, he’s said before it’s played a part in him not playing 90 minutes

SMAXXA
Deary me :rolleyes:

I don’t see why that merited your reply? A lot of the point he is making is right imo also

The Leith Dutch
The mistakes are starting to rack up now though. Yesterday playing allan out of position , his formation and tactics at ibrox , going 2 up top with 10 men at ibrox , signing joe newell to play as a left winger. Playing mallan and allan in the same midfield , blaming supporters for a poor performance, Those are just off the top of my head. There is a big reek of negativity around everything he does , tactics , formations , even his interviews stink of negativity.. I have nothing personal against him but I want us to change manager before this seeps through the entire club and fanbase

Yep. I don't see him turning this around so waiting and seeing is going to just leave us in a worse position with the season gone and, like you say, the negativity bleeding through the club.

whiskas
25-08-2019, 11:55 AM
If Allan was struggling in training all week after playing 120 mins last week why even start him? Better to bench him and start with Horgan surely?
Bring him on as an impact sub in his preferred position

Pretty Boy
25-08-2019, 11:55 AM
scottallan.net

Are you the guy who goes to games with the tricolour headband on and calls him a hun?

we are hibs
25-08-2019, 12:00 PM
Sorry but not convinced by hanlon and jackson as a two. I woule have porteous in next week ahead of hanlon.

J-C
25-08-2019, 12:01 PM
scottallan.net

You're constant trolling is getting tiresome and adds SFA to any thread you post on.

The Leith Dutch
25-08-2019, 12:01 PM
scottallan.net

Completely ridiculous that a Hibs fan forum should appreciate their best player and question a manager who plays him out of position :rolleyes:

While no player is bigger than the club (to use one cliche) Allan is a player you build a team around (to use another one).
There's a reason for that - in a Hibs shirt at least, he's one of the top creative players in the league.

hibeerealist
25-08-2019, 02:31 PM

Are you watching the games? SA was taken off and SM left on after SA was pushed out to a position he does not play and SM had contributed zilch.

PH is making some very poor decisions and it is costing us points/wins, he needs to wise up or do one.

Crab apple
25-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Whatever way you choose to look at it , that was a big mistake from the manager yesterday.

Huge mistake but I don’t think we’ll hear the manager admitting that. SA is most effective playing just behind Flo.

Iggy Pope
25-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Are you the guy who goes to games with the tricolour headband on and calls him a hun?

Is there really one of these? **** me.

hibeerealist
25-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Has he pumped your Mrs or something?

ha ha he does come over as jealous or clueless maybe both :greengrin

FitbaFolkKen
25-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Correct but when Scott allan is by far the only shining light in a horrible team that’s where fans will get involved.

Out of interest how long did you applaud for at full time.

I’m not pretending to be a super fan, just trying to balance out the insane level of negativity here.

For me the return to form of Flo is more of a shining light.

FitbaFolkKen
25-08-2019, 02:39 PM
This has been covered in other threads but the myth that Allan wasn't good enough for Dundee is just that, an utter rubbish myth. He played plenty for them and they were desperate to keep him.

So desperate they swapped him for Simon Murray?

FitbaFolkKen
25-08-2019, 02:40 PM
I don’t see why that merited your reply? A lot of the point he is making is right imo also

[emoji106]

we are hibs
25-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Is there really one of these? **** me.

No, theres two.

Iggy Pope
25-08-2019, 02:41 PM
No, theres two.

Right, right you are.