PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Wright - WTF

Sammy7nil
24-08-2019, 06:18 PM
What a fanny of a man what was with the over top celebration about? Giving it large to Hibs fans. I sat behind the dugout he got no stick throughout the match. Two of his players were applauded on and off the park by our support and he acts like that.

I never used to mind him but he is a knob now as far as I am concerned.

cabbageandribs1875
24-08-2019, 06:21 PM
we heard him yelling at his player and we were in the East stand, seconds before one of his players belted a free kick straight up to rocky :)

Heckys Wheel
24-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Irrelevant sh*te.

Jones28
24-08-2019, 06:23 PM
I’d have him

Sammy7nil
24-08-2019, 06:27 PM
I’d have him

You can have him :greengrin

CloudSquall
24-08-2019, 06:31 PM
I think he's cracking because instead of continuing on an upward trajectory they are now going to be in a relegation scrap.

24-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Their **** fans didn’t even applaud SDG as he walked past them. Twats about 3 divisions above their station

jonny
24-08-2019, 06:33 PM
I think he was gesturing to family / friends that were in hospitality today - sitting in the West Upper.

Hi Heid Yin
24-08-2019, 06:35 PM
I am not the slightest bit bothered by the antics of rival manager's.
It is an entertainment industry after all.
Neil Lennon certainly provided good entertainment with some of his sideline shenanigans.

Mr Grieves
24-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Has he not done that before?

The_Horde
24-08-2019, 06:36 PM
The man is passionate. I'd take that any day over that bland old Yorkshire Pudding without the gravy.

makaveli1875
24-08-2019, 06:38 PM

Neil mccann wanted to square go him :greengrin

Pretty Boy
24-08-2019, 06:38 PM
He's had an awful start to the season. Beaten by Forfar, lost 7 at Celtic Park and they were in all sorts of trouble 2 weeks ago at HT. Last 2 games his team have shown a bit character and they scored an injury time equaliser to get what they deserved today. I've no gripe with him celebrating that with a bit of exuberance. That's probably eased a fair bit of pressure that was on him.

The_Horde
24-08-2019, 06:39 PM
He's had an awful start to the season. Beaten by Forfar, lost 7 at Celtic Park and they were in all sorts of trouble 2 weeks ago at HT. Last 2 games his team have shown a bit character and they scored an injury time winner to get what they deserved today. I've no gripe with him celebrating that with a bit of exuberance. That's probably eased a fair bit of pressure that was on him.

It certainly felt like a defeat. I'll give you that.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2019, 06:42 PM
It certainly felt like a defeat. I'll give you that.

Oops. Edited.

Sammy7nil
24-08-2019, 06:43 PM
I think he was gesturing to family / friends that were in hospitality today - sitting in the West Upper.

That makes sense as it was just too silly OTT to be true.

He's had an awful start to the season. Beaten by Forfar, lost 7 at Celtic Park and they were in all sorts of trouble 2 weeks ago at HT. Last 2 games his team have shown a bit character and they scored an injury time winner to get what they deserved today. I've no gripe with him celebrating that with a bit of exuberance. That's probably eased a fair bit of pressure that was on him.

Ha ha :greengrin

matty_f
24-08-2019, 06:47 PM
He looks angry a lot.

Weegreenman
24-08-2019, 06:48 PM
All I know is that his team pished all over my team today but they still didn’t take all three points

mayo hibee
24-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Given our history and that we play in green we wouldn't really be Tommy's cup of tea. It's largely irrelevant to us but you can bet it will matter to him.

ekhibee
24-08-2019, 08:24 PM
What a fanny of a man what was with the over top celebration about? Giving it large to Hibs fans. I sat behind the dugout he got no stick throughout the match. Two of his players were applauded on and off the park by our support and he acts like that.

I sit in Row J just back and to the left of the dugouts and he was getting plenty of stick from the Hibs fans, don't know how you didn't hear it.

Stewboy
24-08-2019, 08:30 PM
I think he's cracking because instead of continuing on an upward trajectory they are now going to be in a relegation scrap.

They? Did you see our performance?

Sammy7nil
24-08-2019, 08:31 PM
I sit in Row J just back and to the left of the dugouts and he was getting plenty of stick from the Hibs fans, don't know how you didn't hear it.

Ha ha need the batteries changed. :greengrin

Stantons Angel
24-08-2019, 08:39 PM

yes he has, his exuberance nearly landed him on my knee!

We really did think that he was coming in beside us......

Criswell
24-08-2019, 10:43 PM
St Johnstone have a knack of scoring goals at ER in the dying minutes. The consequence of this is having to witness the undignified spectacle of this clown dancing about like a dervish screaming at our support in triumph. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. Until we can see out games against them properly we will have to put up with this horrible behaviour.

Carheenlea
24-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Who wouldn’t celebrate an equaliser with last play of the game at an away ground? I was more angered wit our inability to prevent it than Tommy Wright’s joy in doing so.

One Day In Time
24-08-2019, 10:56 PM
A manager who has punched above his weight for many a season. He’s probably been under loads of pressure. Only way for this to have been avoided was to have closed the game out

The Harp Awakes
24-08-2019, 11:09 PM
He showed 100% more passion than our Manager on the touchline so good on him. A deserved point for Saints if not more.

We are soulless under Heckingbottom. A Manager who does not get Hibs and is clueless about Scottish football.

SMAXXA
24-08-2019, 11:14 PM
He showed 100% more passion than our Manager on the touchline so good on him. A deserved point for Saints if not more.

We are soulless under Heckingbottom. A Manager who does not get Hibs and is clueless about Scottish football.

Are these traits so different to Brendan Rodgers as don’t remember him being overly passionate, he was calm and methodical in the public domain. Not comparing their abilities btw just looking at the passion element.

The Harp Awakes
24-08-2019, 11:23 PM

Are these traits so different to Brendan Rodgers as don’t remember him being overly passionate, he was calm and methodical in the public domain. Not comparing their abilities btw just looking at the passion element.

I don't think being passionate is the be all and end all, as long as things are going well on the park. However a lack of passion and ****ing up on recruitment and tactics is a problem.

I would have loved Heckingbottom to succeed but this looks like a disaster waiting to happen. We must get shot of quick or we are in big trouble.

Looks like an Ian Cathro appointment.

SMAXXA
24-08-2019, 11:25 PM
I don't think being passionate is the be all and end all, as long as things are going well on the park. However a lack of passion and ****ing up on recruitment and tactics is a problem.

I would have loved Heckingbottom to succeed but this looks like a disaster waiting to happen. We must get shot of quick or we are in big trouble.

I said after the rangers game I would give him till 10 games in and judge him then in terms of sacking him, I’ve not changed that opinion.

The Harp Awakes
24-08-2019, 11:31 PM
I said after the rangers game I would give him till 10 games in and judge him then in terms of sacking him, I’ve not changed that opinion.

In a normal situation mate that would be entirely reasonable. My fear is this guy is a total disaster and giving him 10 games may be disastrous.

Squirrel 1875
24-08-2019, 11:40 PM

A bit of passion. Would like to see our manager catching some of that.

SMAXXA
24-08-2019, 11:43 PM
Bring back big Yogi with his passion 😉

Criswell
25-08-2019, 12:37 AM
Who wouldn’t celebrate an equaliser with last play of the game at an away ground? I was more angered wit our inability to prevent it than Tommy Wright’s joy in doing so.

He is entitled to celebrate and no-one has a problem with that. But to go completely berserk in front of the home fans is way over the top. He only seems to do this at ER. Not sure what his problem is with us but it appears to be almost psychotic.

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2019, 12:47 AM
Bit of pashun, that's what we need eh :faf:

Tommy Wright and his passion lost 7-0 at Celtic park. If he was actually any good he'd have a better job, like the previous few Saints managers got.

I don't want a manager with this magical passion, Mowbray and Stubbs didn't act like complete welts on the touchline. They quietly went about their business and got results.

Tommy Wright is a ****ing doughnut who will find himself below Hibs again when it counts.

SanFranHibs
25-08-2019, 03:07 AM
Said in his post match interview that they turned off for our second goal, 'which let us back in the match'. Mmmmmm, I always thought at 1 - 1 both teams were 'in the match'. :dunno:

Stewboy
25-08-2019, 05:37 AM
Said in his post match interview that they turned off for our second goal, 'which let us back in the match'. Mmmmmm, I always thought at 1 - 1 both teams were 'in the match'. :dunno:

In scoreline yes, nothing else though yesterday

Brightside
25-08-2019, 07:11 AM
Our fans deserved it

The_Horde
25-08-2019, 07:47 AM
Our fans deserved it

Trolling eh? Imagine that!

Swedish hibee
25-08-2019, 12:16 PM

Rubbish.

bawheid
25-08-2019, 12:22 PM
Looks like an Ian Cathro appointment.

Garbage.

Ian Cathro

P30 W8 D7 L15 WP 26.67%

Paul Heckingbottom

P22 W11 D6 L5 WP 50%

monktonharp
25-08-2019, 12:33 PM
I am not the slightest bit bothered by the antics of rival manager's.
It is an entertainment industry after all.
Neil Lennon certainly provided good entertainment with some of his sideline shenanigans. I'm waiting on Heckinbottom saying....if you want entertainment, go to the cinema:duck:

matty_f
25-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Trolling eh? Imagine that!

Get a room.

Cataplana
25-08-2019, 12:40 PM
In a normal situation mate that would be entirely reasonable. My fear is this guy is a total disaster and giving him 10 games may be disastrous.

What do you mean by disastrous? Sacking him and looking for a boss for six weeks could be disastrous and lead to relegation.

The_Horde
25-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Get a room.

He'll get a fright when I unleash my long banger.

matty_f
25-08-2019, 05:13 PM
He'll get a fright when I unleash my long banger.

:greengrin #prayforunderscore

Jones28
25-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Rubbish.

The evidence would say it isn’t rubbish.

Signings have massively underwhelmed, results this season have been underwhelming at best, humiliating at worst and the tactics and selections so far are so below what is expected at Hibs.