24-08-2019, 05:41 PM
No it’s down to our bottle.

Unseen work
24-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Players not concentrating.

Leith Green
24-08-2019, 06:01 PM
Players not concentrating.

Speaking about concentration, wtf was marciano on today? He seemed like his body was at easter rd but his mind elsewhere

Pretty Boy
24-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Speaking about concentration, wtf was marciano on today? He seemed like his body was at easter rd but his mind elsewhere

That 'tackle' when he came charging out was just bizarre. No idea what was going through his head.

overdrive
24-08-2019, 06:14 PM

Bogdan was at the match today. I wonder if something is in the pipeline regarding Marciano leaving and Bogdan replacing him?

Pretty Boy
24-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Bogdan was at the match today. I wonder if something is in the pipeline regarding Marciano leaving and Bogdan replacing him?

I'd be gutted to see Marciano go but as far as replacements go Bogdan would be a bloody good one.

Speedway
24-08-2019, 06:22 PM
I'd be gutted to see Marciano go but as far as replacements go Bogdan would be a bloody good one.

Or we could be cancelling Maxwell’s loan instead.

Stewboy
24-08-2019, 08:32 PM
Don’t think it’s too do with fitness, it’s more down to players not knowing what to do

jacomo
24-08-2019, 08:35 PM

Well he’s not getting a move to Celtc this window so he needs to focus on the day job.

Leith Green
24-08-2019, 08:35 PM
That 'tackle' when he came charging out was just bizarre. No idea what was going through his head.

As was his indecision in the 1st half when waited an eternity to kick the ball , he was very lucky to get away without conceding a goal when he was almost dispossessed

hibee_girl
24-08-2019, 08:37 PM

:agree:

He was all over the place today

Pretty Boy

I do wonder about that. I read he wasn't happy about not playing whilst on loan to Charlton so I can't see him being chuffed to be on the bench here either.

He's not some untried youngster, he's 29 and was 1st choice at Preston for a spell.

jacomo
Don’t think it’s too do with fitness, it’s more down to players not knowing what to do

I think I am with you here.

The biggest problem for me was we kept giving the ball away. The players didn’t seem to know where their team mates were.

hibee_girl
24-08-2019, 08:38 PM

He didn’t warm up at half time, thought that was strange

BlackSheep
24-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Fitness could be a factor but not the lack of it but the work out in to gain it.... Solksjaer at Man U last season said the same about his players... he wanted to get them fitter then they’ve ever been then at the end of the season he admitted to working them so hard that they were just tired.

If Hecky is trading them like this then this period apparent lack of fitness may be fatigue... which in the long run will actually benefit the players when their fitness levels reach peak.... perhaps after international break.

Smartie
24-08-2019, 08:54 PM
I thought we looked much fitter and more energetic during the first half today than we have recently, especially when we didn't have the ball.

we are hibs
24-08-2019, 09:00 PM
As was his indecision in the 1st half when waited an eternity to kick the ball , he was very lucky to get away without conceding a goal when he was almost dispossessed

He very nearly injured himself doing that. Add that to scott allan halving david gray and the st.johnstone boy

Rumble de Thump
24-08-2019, 09:14 PM
Did he say this??

Ibrox -2 goals conceded
Morton-1 goal conceded
St johnstone-1 goal conceded

All in injury time.

Is this down to our fitness levels??

No. But you must have known that already.

IberianHibernian
24-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Every time we change manager we hear that players are fitter than ever whether directly from manager or something that is leaked to press . I don`t take it seriously . There were several times in the last 10 minutes today when experienced players had the chance to kill time by running to corner or at least keeping possession and failed to do so .

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 09:26 PM
Players looked pretty sharp, I suspect Allan’s sub is because he wouldn’t have been harp for the 94.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
24-08-2019, 09:48 PM
The comment that strikes me more is when they keep saying they hope that we could wear any strip and folk watching would know it’s hibs that was playing.

Folk could tell now, but not in a good way.

We need to really pick a settled team.

Real Emerald
24-08-2019, 09:56 PM

Although I agree that players didn’t seem to know what to do there were a good few Hibs players looked very short of fitness. We were never on them, gave them acres of room, second to most first balls and were never near picking up second balls. The difference from the team we had just over a year ago is quite unbelievable. Quality has obviously gone but the fitness levels, running and tackling was nearly non existent, Kamberi apart.

Carheenlea
24-08-2019, 10:11 PM
It wasn’t physical fitness that was an issue today, more mental fitness and composure to deal with the task in hand.

Hibs4185
24-08-2019, 11:13 PM
Two sayings will cost hecky his job-

1-high press-non existent
2-levels of fitness they’ve never seen before. Didn’t even look fitter than Stirling Albion and certainly not in our first 3 games.

Talks a good game but falls unbelievably short of delivering I’m afraid

Rumble de Thump
24-08-2019, 11:18 PM
Two sayings will cost hecky his job-

1-high press-non existent
2-levels of fitness they’ve never seen before. Didn’t even look fitter than Stirling Albion and certainly not in our first 3 games.

Talks a good game but falls unbelievably short of delivering I’m afraid

It's getting tricky to know which posts are supposed to be joke ones.

FilipinoHibs
24-08-2019, 11:55 PM
I think I am with you here.

The biggest problem for me was we kept giving the ball away. The players didn’t seem to know where their team mates were.

No concentration and zest. Players were lackadaisical. The saints strolled through us.