PDA

View Full Version : Florian Kamberi

dastardly8
24-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Surely down to Hecky getting the best out of him , Lennon couldn’t , looks like the manager knows how to get him playing , Jackson too what a decent signing , Allan another good player , Hallberg looks like a decent signing , stick with it I’m telling you mark my words

Franck Stanton
24-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Surely down to Hecky getting the best out of him , Lennon couldn’t , looks like the manager knows how to get him playing , Jackson too what a decent signing , Allan another good player , Hallberg looks like a decent signing , stick with it I’m telling you mark my words

Have to play them in their best positions however. Scotty is not a right winger

Unseen work
24-08-2019, 06:26 PM
This is my overriding feeling, fans are frustrated as some just blatantly don’t like him for whatever reason.

But once everyone is up and running I fancy us against most teams, what Heckingbottom needs to do and quick is find his best team and stick with us. None of this changing it based on who were against, play your best 11 and let them get used to it.

We have good options, especially if Hallberg is any good

Marciano

James Jackson Porteous Stevenson

Vela. Hallberg

Horgan. Allan. Middleton

Kamberi

to me that’s a strong side.

Especially if Boyle, Mallan, Newell, Murray, Doidge and others all available to compete

ancient hibee
24-08-2019, 06:53 PM
Is this a joke thread?

147lothian
24-08-2019, 07:00 PM
I tend to agree with the sentiment expressed by the OP we have to bare with it and give the team time to gel, there's not really another option, I just hope Hecky learns from this and plays SA in the middle and builds the team round him. No more tinkering with SA out on the wing it doesn't work.

Coco Bryce
24-08-2019, 07:06 PM
Kamberi's agent was at the game today and so was a representative from Basel. I think he could be away.

dastardly8
24-08-2019, 07:48 PM
Is this a joke thread? it’s no joke mate , everybody getting on their high horse after 3 games , decent squad in my opinion needs time to gel not 270 mins , the joke is the fans already writing off the manager and the team instead of getting behind them

CapitalGreen
24-08-2019, 07:50 PM
it’s no joke mate , everybody getting on their high horse after 3 games , decent squad in my opinion needs time to gel not 270 mins , the joke is the fans already writing off the manager and the team instead of getting behind them

We’ve played over 750 minutes of competitive football this season.

Jones28
24-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Kamberi's agent was at the game today and so was a representative from Basel. I think he could be away.

We would be ****ing nuts to entertain any bids for him at this stage. Sit him down, double his wage for the season and put him on a longer contract and he can have his pick of clubs next summer. We need his goals.

Coco Bryce
24-08-2019, 08:12 PM
Maybe Hecky needs the money to strengthen. God forbid.

Crab apple
24-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Losing Kamberi gives me the fear as does allowing Hecky to choose his replacement.

Weegreenman
24-08-2019, 08:30 PM
If we were seeing the same Kamberi as the one we saw last season I think I’d pay for his flight to get the **** out of town but unbelievably he looks like the Kamberi of old. The guy I raved about when he first arrived at the club. Long may it continue :aok:

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Loads wanted 2 strikers and Allan in a 4 man midfield. It doesn't work. Hibs have nothing like the players to play 442. Hopefully today is the last we see of it and we can start moving forward.

Also, Mallan absolutely hopeless, sooner new boy replaces him in the side the sooner we start winning.

I don't have much faith in Hecky to turn it round. He's made mistakes but the poisonous atmosphere is massively OTT and will probably be the end of him.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Viva Kamberi.

we are hibs
Loads wanted 2 strikers and Allan in a 4 man midfield. It doesn't work. Hibs have nothing like the players to play 442. Hopefully today is the last we see of it and we can start moving forward.

Also, Mallan absolutely hopeless, sooner new boy replaces him in the side the sooner we start winning.

I don't have much faith in Hecky to turn it round. He's made mistakes but the poisonous atmosphere is massively OTT and will probably be the end of him.

There wasnt a poisonous atmosphere. There was booing. Loud booing. But it was hardly like the run up to relegation where players were getting dogs abuse left right and centre.

Doidge missed a good chance today just before he was subbed. Probably shouldve scored. Fans didnt get on his back and tried to give him a wee gee up. Same when whittaker came on. No booing , no snide remarks.

jacomo

If we don’t have the squad to play 4-4-2 who’s fault is that?

Every football fan in Scotland knows Scott Allan plays in the middle. It’s not that hard.

cabbageandribs1875
24-08-2019, 08:49 PM

out of interest who got us scott allan ?

and lol@mark your words

BlackSheep
24-08-2019, 08:51 PM
I have a feeling Kamberi’s current form isn’t from Hecky’s influence and rather the lack of abuse that he suffered under Lennon. I am all for the tough love approach but Lenny went to far with Flo.

jacomo
24-08-2019, 08:55 PM
I have a feeling Kamberi’s current form isn’t from Hecky’s influence and rather the lack of abuse that he suffered under Lennon. I am all for the tough love approach but Lenny went to far with Flo.

First season, Lennon fell out with Jason. Second season, fell out with Stokes. Third, fell out with Kamberi (and McLaren).

There’s a pattern there.

I think Flo is the real deal and I’d be gutted if he left. Not sure if Hecky is improving him or simply recognising that he’s got a player there.

Sad to say, Doidge doesn’t look up to much.

24-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Lennon mismanaged Kamberi and got a lot of our more simple supporters criticising him for no reason. The boy is utter class

One Day In Time
24-08-2019, 09:05 PM
Will take time to bed in new players. Really gutting to lose a goal at the death but keep the faith

We’ve got a stronger squad this year. Be patient folks

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2019, 09:07 PM
If we don’t have the squad to play 4-4-2 who’s fault is that?

Every football fan in Scotland knows Scott Allan plays in the middle. It’s not that hard.
Why should we have the squad for 442? It's a dreadfully outdated formation that no one decent plays.

There wasnt a poisonous atmosphere. There was booing. Loud booing. But it was hardly like the run up to relegation where players were getting dogs abuse left right and centre.

Doidge missed a good chance today just before he was subbed. Probably shouldve scored. Fans didnt get on his back and tried to give him a wee gee up. Same when whittaker came on. No booing , no snide remarks.
It was poisonous near me. Behaving like that when you're winning is embarrassing

Nicho87
24-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Wouldn’t currently give hecky a club shop gift voucher to spend never mind cash for replacements

jacomo
24-08-2019, 09:15 PM
Why should we have the squad for 442? It's a dreadfully outdated formation that no one decent plays.

Well we started with it today.

And it’s not outdated just out of favour. Tactics and formations change and adapt to try and get an advantage or nullify an opponent.

It would take a radical rule change to make 4-4-2 ‘outdated’.

the tornadoe
24-08-2019, 09:21 PM

I have a feeling his current form is down to who is watching from the main stand !

Squealing pig
24-08-2019, 09:24 PM
Looks sharp as a tac thus far long may it continue

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2019, 09:24 PM
Well we started with it today.

And it’s not outdated just out of favour. Tactics and formations change and adapt to try and get an advantage or nullify an opponent.

It would take a radical rule change to make 4-4-2 ‘outdated’.
Nobody other than Leicester have won anything major playing 442 in years and that was mainly because K/ante done the work of 2 players. It really is outdated. We also executed it very poorly because Mallan is definitely not a central midfielder in a 2 and was walked passed all day.

jacomo
24-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Nobody other than Leicester have won anything major playing 442 in years and that was mainly because K/ante done the work of 2 players. It really is outdated. We also executed it very poorly because Mallan is definitely not a central midfielder in a 2 and was walked passed all day.

Whisper it but Barca have played 4-4-2 on occasion in recent times. Others too.

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Whisper it but Barca have played 4-4-2 on occasion in recent times. Others too.

Who are the 2 strikers Barcelona play? Messi and Suarez? Definitely not a 442 if Messi is one of the forwards. Also there was pretty much always any 3 of Arthur, Rakitic, Busquets and Vidal on the pitch so it's at least not a traditional 442.

Obviously these things are about execution but I really think Hibs should avoid it, especially as everyone else plays 3 central midfielders and just outnumbers us.

hibbychick1
24-08-2019, 10:16 PM
I have a feeling his current form is down to who is watching from the main stand !
I hope you’re wrong, but those were my thoughts as well.

Sheep_Nae_Mair
29-08-2019, 01:49 PM
Looks like he's staying -> https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/florian-kamberi-fc-basel-drop-interest-in-on-form-hibs-striker-1-4993162

Phew!

Onion
29-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Looks like he's staying -> https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/florian-kamberi-fc-basel-drop-interest-in-on-form-hibs-striker-1-4993162

Phew!

Let's now see if he maintains his good form :cb

The_Horde
29-08-2019, 03:01 PM
Let's now see if he maintains his good form :cb

What a nonsense. Another self fulfilling prophecy, doomed for failure.

JimBHibees
29-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Fantastic news our best player this season by a country mile.

G B Young
29-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Judging by the tone of Hecky's comments on the BBC story that's gone up today he's hinting there's still time to sell him. Might be wrong but it almost sounds like he'd be keen to do so.

Lee Marvin
29-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Judging by the tone of Hecky's comments on the BBC story that's gone up today he's hinting there's still time to sell him. Might be wrong but it almost sounds like he'd be keen to do so.

Garbage. Listen to the interview. It's on YouTube

BoomtownHibees
29-08-2019, 04:14 PM

It was poisonous near me. Behaving like that when you're winning is embarrassing

If we don’t have the players for it, why play it? Who’s fault is that?

MWHIBBIES
29-08-2019, 04:18 PM
If we don’t have the players for it, why play it? Who’s fault is that?

Maybe he thought it was possible? Maybe it had been suggested by the coaches? Maybe it was working in training? It doesn't have to be someone's fault.

I personally don't think we have the players for if, Hecky may think otherwise. If the new centre mid is good we probably do have the players for it. Only thing is Allan can't play in a 442.

Jim44
29-08-2019, 04:29 PM
First season, Lennon fell out with Jason. Second season, fell out with Stokes. Third, fell out with Kamberi (and McLaren).

There’s a pattern there.

I think Flo is the real deal and I’d be gutted if he left. Not sure if Hecky is improving him or simply recognising that he’s got a player there.

Sad to say, Doidge doesn’t look up to much.

Lennon’s poor relationships with players seems to be widely known. I’ve read and heard that his popularity with the present Celtic squad is not quite what you might expect.

29-08-2019, 05:04 PM

Garbage. Listen to the interview. It's on YouTube

He says he's hopeful of keeping him 3 times and that he wants to keep him 3 times. I don't think he wants to sell him.

Sammy7nil
29-08-2019, 05:20 PM

Is that you Hecky :greengrin

Bangkok Hibby
29-08-2019, 05:31 PM
What a nonsense. Another self fulfilling prophecy, doomed for failure.

Its late and I'm drunk but do you mean his form will now drop?

hibbyfraelibby
29-08-2019, 06:20 PM

Phew!

The £3m price tag must have put them off😉