View Full Version : Our next five league fixtures

Jamesie
24-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Motherwell (A)
Kilmarnock (A)
Hearts (H)
Celtic (H)
Aberdeen (A)

I am afraid to say nothing I have seen this season suggests we have it in our locker to win any of these fixtures: as I said earlier today I also can't ever see this team beating anyone by more than a one goal margin or feeling comfortable that we'll hold on to a lead.

Probably a bit of a rash assessment but TBH I've felt like this since I attended the Stirling Albion game!

rcarter1
24-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Thats some set of fixtures, no question it will give us a good indication of our quality. If we get 7 points that would be pretty decent. Funny start to the season but.

A Hi-Bee
24-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Motherwell (A)
Kilmarnock (A)
Hearts (H)
Celtic (H)
Aberdeen (A)

I am afraid to say nothing I have seen this season suggests we have it in our locker to win any of these fixtures: as I said earlier today I also can't ever see this team beating anyone by more than a one goal margin or feeling comfortable that we'll hold on to a lead.

Probably a bit of a rash assessment but TBH I've felt like this since I attended the Stirling Albion game!

what price 5 draw's I would take that the way we play just now, but I have to agree wi you it does not look very good.

CloudSquall
24-08-2019, 04:49 PM
If he doesn't pull something out of the bag in the first two games a defeat at home to Hearts will cause him to lose the support for good..

basehibby
29-08-2019, 01:05 AM
Motherwell (A)
Kilmarnock (A)
Hearts (H)
Celtic (H)
Aberdeen (A)

Given our stats so far this season I can't fail to agree with you.

Since the serious stuff kicked off, at home to St Mirren, Morton and St Johnston we've been able to muster a reasonable 39 efforts on goal but at the other end we've allowed our more modest opponents a whopping 47 shots at Easter Rd. This trend was even more marked at Ibrox where the shots were raining in on our goal.
These are a very tough run of fixtures coming up and if Hibs keep conceding possession as cheaply as we've witnessed in these opening weeks then I'll be watching through my fingers.

AgentDaleCooper
29-08-2019, 02:41 AM
anything less than 3 points from the next 3 games and I think hecky will be gone. I have a feeling we'll beat hearts and killie though :aok:

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2019, 04:23 AM
Looking at those fixtures I genuinely fear for Hecky

Needs to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk

Starting from Motherwell away on Saturday

Needs to start by knowing his best team playing them in their best positions and in a formation that does not give away possession and leak goals but still carry an attacking threat and sticking to it

He still has a few days before the window slams shut

Cmon HIBS let’s do this

Onion
29-08-2019, 06:03 AM
Crunch time for Heckingbottom. HIS team, pressing game, players' unprecedented fitness levels and general management skills will be put to the test. If we come through those games in good shape, it could set us off on a new wonderful campaign and many of us will feel better and a little foolish. Or it could badly expose our soft midfield, leaking defence and PHs weak-minded approach. We'll see.

JimBHibees
29-08-2019, 06:23 AM
Looking at those fixtures I genuinely fear for Hecky

Needs to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk

Starting from Motherwell away on Saturday

Needs to start by knowing his best team playing them in their best positions and in a formation that does not give away possession and leak goals but still carry an attacking threat and sticking to it

He still has a few days before the window slams shut

Cmon HIBS let’s do this

Totally agree in many ways the booing on Saturday let him off the hook with how bad particularly the second half was. Sometimes you will get forced back when other teams are on top especially Celtic and Rangers however the second half seemed like attack and defence for all of it bar one break when we scored. They have decent players but no way on this earth should St Johnstone be totally dominating the ball when we are at home to them. We are defensively weak and not good enough defensively to sit back and let a team attack wave after wave.

For Saturday would bring Ryan in for Hanlon and start Hallberg with Vela and Allan in front, Flo up top on his own.

Coco Bryce
29-08-2019, 06:24 AM
Everyone of they teams are playing better football than us just now even Killie.

There is just nothing that shows me we are up for the fight this season.

We will be looking for a new manager at the end of September.

JimBHibees
29-08-2019, 06:26 AM
Everyone of they teams are playing better football than us just now even Killie.

There is just nothing that shows me we are up for the fight this season.

We will be looking for a new manager at the end of September.

Watched the highlights and Killie look to be getting better and should have beaten Aberdeen also gave Rangers a hundred times harder game than we did.

Coco Bryce
29-08-2019, 06:29 AM
Watched the highlights and Killie look to be getting better and should have beaten Aberdeen also gave Rangers a hundred times harder game than we did.

My mate is a Killie fan. Said they are playing some excellent football just now but not having much luck in front of goal.

JimBHibees
29-08-2019, 06:32 AM
My mate is a Killie fan. Said they are playing some excellent football just now but not having much luck in front of goal.

Well they have Hibs just around the corner to sort that out. :greengrin

The 90+2
29-08-2019, 06:37 AM
3 points.

Coco Bryce
29-08-2019, 06:44 AM
3 points.

Aye, you're right. Let's stay positive. We can do this :hibees

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2019, 06:50 AM
Totally agree in many ways the booing on Saturday let him off the hook with how bad particularly the second half was. Sometimes you will get forced back when other teams are on top especially Celtic and Rangers however the second half seemed like attack and defence for all of it bar one break when we scored. They have decent players but no way on this earth should St Johnstone be totally dominating the ball when we are at home to them. We are defensively weak and not good enough defensively to sit back and let a team attack wave after wave.

For Saturday would bring Ryan in for Hanlon and start Hallberg with Vela and Allan in front, Flo up top on his own.
:agree:

Needs to cut out the unforced errors at the back sign a DM ( Matty Jack) and a cheap goalscorer ( Lawrence Shankland) type for next to nothing both easier said than done :greengrin

Maybe Hallberg is the answer?

Who knows?

Sir David Gray
29-08-2019, 06:56 AM
We need to be taking at least 4 points from our next 2 games.

Motherwell are a decent side but they are a bottom 6 team from last year and haven't had any better start to this season than we have i.e. 4 points from the first 3 games and seeded in the League Cup last 16.

We should be looking for 3 points there.

Whilst our recent record at Rugby Park isn't great, Kilmarnock are not the team they were over the past couple of seasons. They've started very poorly both in Europe and domestically.

We ought to be getting at least a draw there.

If we fail to win at least one of these matches then the pressure will really be on Heckingbottom going into the derby and I think a bad result there would be curtains for him.

jacomo
29-08-2019, 07:09 AM
Motherwell (A)
Kilmarnock (A)
Hearts (H)
Celtic (H)
Aberdeen (A)

If we don’t win any of these then we will be looking for a new manager.

Did Hecky want Hallberg or was his signing pushed through by others? Would be interesting if the ‘football dept’ is already looking ahead.

Onceinawhile
29-08-2019, 07:24 AM
15 points. Easy.

Since452
29-08-2019, 07:24 AM

Did Hecky want Hallberg or was his signing pushed through by others? Would be interesting if the ‘football dept’ is already looking ahead.

Hallberg snacks of a recruitment team signing rather than Hecky. Same as Kamberi, Slivka, Maclaren etc were when Lennon was here. I doubt these players are targeted by the manager. They have a busy enough job without scouring European leagues. The manager will get the final say though.

The 90+2
29-08-2019, 07:32 AM
Aye, you're right. Let's stay positive. We can do this :hibees

:greengrin

bingo70
29-08-2019, 07:43 AM

We won’t lose them all in the same way we were never going to win all the games in our earlier easier run of fixtures.

There’ll be wins, draws and losses amongst the next 5 fixtures. Not saying it’ll be great but the players will have enough about them to pick up some points along the way.

Hibbyradge
29-08-2019, 07:48 AM
15 points. Easy.

Why the negativity?

I'm going for 18 points.

The 90+2
29-08-2019, 08:08 AM
We won’t lose them all in the same way we were never going to win all the games in our earlier easier run of fixtures.

There’ll be wins, draws and losses amongst the next 5 fixtures. Not saying it’ll be great but the players will have enough about them to pick up some points along the way.

Where are we winning?

bingo70
29-08-2019, 08:18 AM
Where are we winning?

I think we’ll win away at Motherwell on Saturday, failing that the games against Killie and Hearts are winnable. We won’t win all of them but I think we’ll win one of them.

I think playing away from home on Saturday will work in our favour.

I won’t be putting any money on it to be fair but football as they say, is a funny old game and wins tend to get thrown up when you least expect it.

Power
29-08-2019, 08:20 AM
In those corresponding fixtures last season (first round of 11 games) we only took 3 points (Celtic).

We’ll better that this year.

The 90+2
29-08-2019, 08:22 AM
I think we’ll win away at Motherwell on Saturday, failing that the games against Killie and Hearts are winnable. We won’t win all of them but I think we’ll win one of them.

I think playing away from home on Saturday will work in our favour.

I won’t be putting any money on it to be fair but football as they say, is a funny old game and wins tend to get thrown up when you least expect it.

I really hope so!
Why would you say playing away from home will work in our favour though when two of our last three away games have been a draw against the worst team in Scotland and Ibrox? We haven’t actually won away in the league since Tynie. I just really can’t see it.

The 90+2
29-08-2019, 08:23 AM
In those corresponding fixtures last season (first round of 11 games) we only took 3 points (Celtic).

Fingers and toes crossed.

bingo70
29-08-2019, 08:30 AM
I really hope so!
Why would you say playing away from home will work in our favour though when two of our last three away games have been a draw against the worst team in Scotland and Ibrox? We haven’t actually won away in the league since Tynie. I just really can’t see it.

I just think there’s a fair bit of animosity just now between the players, fans and management, when that’s the case i think it can and does filter through to the park. What Heckingbottom said after the game on Saturday wasn’t necessarily wrong, I just think he didn’t really seem to grasp or recognise how we got to that stage.

On paper you are of course correct, football isn’t played on paper though which is why I think this might just be one of those weekends that throws up a result when we least expect it.

Plus Motherwell were absolutely stinking against Hearts, really really bad.

bingo70
29-08-2019, 08:32 AM

I’m trying to be positive Power but I’m not sure you’re helping here to be honest.

We were a better team last season than we are now.

scooby
29-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Motherwell (A)
Kilmarnock (A)
Hearts (H)
Celtic (H)
Aberdeen (A)

I hope we're wrong, but based on our performances so far I have to agree with you. We haven't beaten decent opposition since the split last season, and given the way we're currently playing I can't see that changing. ☹

danhibees1875
29-08-2019, 08:39 AM
15 points. Easy.

We'll slip up somewhere, I'll say 14 points.

Not an easy set of fixtures when there's already a fair bit of tension going around. 3 points this Saturday would be huge to take a bit of the pressure off.

One Day Soon
29-08-2019, 09:06 AM
Motherwell (A)
Kilmarnock (A)
Hearts (H)
Celtic (H)
Aberdeen (A)

I think its pretty black and white. He needs a win and a draw from the first of those two and no less than a draw against Hearts. He can get away with losing to Celtic but not in the abject style of Ibrox this season or the Celtic cup game last season. By the time we get to Aberdeen he's either screwed or he's survived anyway.

If Motherwell score first on Saturday he's done. We won't come back from a goal down and if we lose that the rest will be carnage.

The only other qualification to all this is that no matter what happens in the other games - with the exception of winning all of them but the derby - if we get a caning from Hearts he's also done.

Much more important though is how we win or lose these games. Unless we start to play some actual football it will remain a slow motion exit.

hibbyfraelibby
29-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Motherwell (A)
Kilmarnock (A)
Hearts (H)
Celtic (H)
Aberdeen (A)

3 Wins
1 Humping
1 Draw

B.H.F.C
29-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Got a cup quarter final in amongst these games as well.

He needs four points from the next two games to relieve the pressure a bit. In fact, he needs to win on Saturday or the international break will be grim.

He’s already lost some of the support but it would take a catastrophic run of results in these games for him to lose the board IMO.

The 90+2
29-08-2019, 10:44 AM

He needs four points from the next two games to relieve the pressure a bit. In fact, he needs to win on Saturday or the international break will be grim.

He’s already lost some of the support but it would take a catastrophic run of results in these games for him to lose the board IMO.

I don’t think so. The board will want to be seen as proactive instead of reactive with our new owner watching over things.

B.H.F.C
29-08-2019, 11:01 AM
I don’t think so. The board will want to be seen as proactive instead of reactive with our new owner watching over things.

Three years on contract, CEO would essentially be admitting to the new boss that she’d made an error. I don’t see them taking any kind of action any time soon, partly because I think he’ll do just enough in terms of results. We’ll lose some of those games but we’ll pick up a win or a couple of wins along the line.

Onceinawhile
29-08-2019, 11:04 AM

Yes, yes it will.

2 full weeks of Hecky out, No give him more time, he's had enough time, no he hasn't, his signings are duds, let them gel.

Bla bla bla.

Motherwell away is a game we can win, but not a game we have any divine right to win. A draw, of course, will not satisfy those on the hecky out train.

The 90+2
29-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Three years on contract, CEO would essentially be admitting to the new boss that she’d made an error. I don’t see them taking any kind of action any time soon, partly because I think he’ll do just enough in terms of results. We’ll lose some of those games but we’ll pick up a win or a couple of wins along the line.

Yeah I see where you’re coming from and probably agree. Unfortunately.

The 90+2
29-08-2019, 11:07 AM
Yes, yes it will.

2 full weeks of Hecky out, No give him more time, he's had enough time, no he hasn't, his signings are duds, let them gel.

Bla bla bla.

Motherwell away is a game we can win, but not a game we have any divine right to win. A draw, of course, will not satisfy those on the hecky out train.

After all, it will be four games in to the season* blah blah blah

* Totally disregarding the end of last season, pre season friendlies looking all over the shop and drawing at Stirling in the cup then making massively heavy work of going through against Morton.

Tyler Durden
29-08-2019, 11:32 AM
I really hope so!

“We haven’t actually won away in the league since Tynie”

That’ll be a mammoth run of games which has seen us go to Killie once and Ibrox twice?

I also think playing away will suit us. I was one of those booing the substitutions last weekend but playing away will suit us both tactically and in terms of getting better backing from the crowd IMO.

If we don’t rebound from last weekend with 3 or 4 points from the next 2 games then the manager is in trouble but there’s no reason we can’t win them.

Springbank
29-08-2019, 01:44 PM
Tempted to say if it was Hearts, they would only give him the next two games.

Fail in those and he would be gone [and replaced already] for the derby.

I would like to see the Hibs board take that approach to derbies if I'm honest.

The only derby I can recall where a new manager had his first game was JC in the 81% possession League Cup Quarter Final that we dominated and won, en route to picking up silverware.

FWIW I hope Heck turns it round and gets it right v Motherwell and Killie.

But if he doesn't, what is the sense in giving Hearts a derby win just to get rid of a lame duck?

We should be more demanding and ruthless in these situations

The 90+2
29-08-2019, 01:49 PM
“We haven’t actually won away in the league since Tynie”

That’ll be a mammoth run of games which has seen us go to Killie once and Ibrox twice?

I also think playing away will suit us. I was one of those booing the substitutions last weekend but playing away will suit us both tactically and in terms of getting better backing from the crowd IMO.

If we don’t rebound from last weekend with 3 or 4 points from the next 2 games then the manager is in trouble but there’s no reason we can’t win them.

When was Killie ever perceived as mammoth? Regardless of who we’ve played we haven’t won away since August, sorry we have won in Elgin if you want to include an embarrassing draw in Stirling. The booing has nothing to do with the performances, it’s the team. There’s no need and it doesn’t help making excuses. It was a shambles down south for the friendly against a piss poor side also, Dunfermline wasn’t much better. Some folk are going to be shell shocked during this run of fixtures, there’s no way our defence will cope.

Onceinawhile
29-08-2019, 03:11 PM
When was Killie ever perceived as mammoth? Regardless of who we’ve played we haven’t won away since August, sorry we have won in Elgin if you want to include an embarrassing draw in Stirling. The booing has nothing to do with the performances, it’s the team. There’s no need and it doesn’t help making excuses. It was a shambles down south for the friendly against a piss poor side also, Dunfermline wasn’t much better. Some folk are going to be shell shocked during this run of fixtures, there’s no way our defence will cope.

Someone said we haven't won away since tynecastle.

We've played three league away games in that time 2 x Ibrox, 1 x Rugby Pugby.

It's hardly the disaster some are trying to make it.

At no point was the person you are replying to trying to say Killie was mammoth.

RossScott1991
29-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Never mind 5 league games, throw in the Kilmarnock away in the cup tie which is right after the derby.

Not sure we have what it takes to go on any run in that. Got a feeling these games will see the manager sacked.

H18S NX
29-08-2019, 03:49 PM
I can only see us getting a draw with hertz out of these games

Tyler Durden
29-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Someone said we haven't won away since tynecastle.

We've played three league away games in that time 2 x Ibrox, 1 x Rugby Pugby.

It's hardly the disaster some are trying to make it.

At no point was the person you are replying to trying to say Killie was mammoth.

Glad someone can follow that.

We didn’t win any league games, home or away, in June or July either. Absolute disgrace.

Hibeesmad
30-08-2019, 02:48 PM
Draw written all over Saturdays game imo

hfc rd
30-08-2019, 02:50 PM
4 points. Hope I’m proven wrong though