PDA

View Full Version : Calm Doon

dastardly8
24-08-2019, 04:05 PM
I think everybody should calm down , every new manager has ups and downs , just remember last season when Hecky took over we were **** and he turned it around , new signings need to gel , players need to take responsibility, defending has been poor before he came in , mark my words it will turn full circle when the team is settled and watch all the plaudits on here from people who want him out , ffs we are 3 games in , let’s get behind everybody GGTH

SonOfDavidFrancey
24-08-2019, 04:12 PM
I agree. We were 20 secs from 2 wins out of 3.

Hibs4185
24-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Ltyf

Hibbyradge
24-08-2019, 04:22 PM
We had 46% possession and 9 shots to St Johnstone's 18.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2019, 04:23 PM

Aye but calm doon

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2019, 04:24 PM
He didn’t turn anything round last season.

He won some games against bottom six teams. It’s all he’s done since he arrived other than the Hearts game.

Calm down? Bolt.

Unseen work
For me the players need to take more responsibility, that’s two weeks in a town we’ve conceded last minute goals.

Thats not down the the manager, that’s the players not concentrating and no one taking leadership to push us on.

My fear is that too many fans have made up their mind about Hecky, whatever he does will never be enough.

A Hi-Bee
I think everybody should calm down , every new manager has ups and downs , just remember last season when Hecky took over we were **** and he turned it around , new signings need to gel , players need to take responsibility, defending has been poor before he came in , mark my words it will turn full circle when the team is settled and watch all the plaudits on here from people who want him out , ffs we are 3 games in , let’s get behind everybody GGTH

We were ***** end of and I dont see any improving on last season, the manager is there to improve us so far he's no done that.

BoyledEgg
24-08-2019, 04:25 PM

He won some games against bottom six teams. It’s all he’s done since he arrived other than the Hearts game.

Calm down? Bolt.

We were in the bottom 6 when he came in.

skyhibs
24-08-2019, 04:28 PM
For me the players need to take more responsibility, that’s two weeks in a town we’ve conceded last minute goals.

Thats not down the the manager, that’s the players not concentrating and no one taking leadership to push us on.

My fear is that too many fans have made up their mind about Hecky, whatever he does will never be enough.

Yeah we lost last min goal but we were hanging on in the last 15 mins at least... the new signings are murder and so is the manager... lets cut our losses and get a manager in that does what he says... players playing out of position... terrible subs just like last week... the mans a clown

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2019, 04:30 PM
We were in the bottom 6 when he came in.

And we’re back there again now!!

BoyledEgg
24-08-2019, 04:31 PM

We are 3 games into the season. Not half way through the season.

The Harp Awakes
24-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Yeah we lost last min goal but we were hanging on in the last 15 mins at least... the new signings are murder and so is the manager... lets cut our losses and get a manager in that does what he says... players playing out of position... terrible subs just like last week... the mans a clown

Sadly I think you're right. This has all the hallmarks of the Butcher reign. Difficult to see how things are going to improve.

YanYansen
24-08-2019, 04:35 PM

Exactly. What I saw today gave me a feeling I've not had for 5 years. This is not a "blip", or a "settling in", and anyone who can't see that frankly has their eyes closed.

Moulin Yarns
24-08-2019, 04:36 PM

We are 7th. Last week we were 7th, so we are in the same position after just 3 games, wait until the end of the season before judging. IMHO

jacomo
24-08-2019, 04:36 PM

Regardless of today’s result (we threw away what should have been a pretty comfortable win) I am struggling to see much progress to be honest.

Our passing is so sloppy it’s untrue.

Players continually chose the wrong option, suggesting they don’t know where their team mates are or what they should be doing.

I see very little evidence of the ‘high press’... rather than energetic and on the front foot, we seem to drop off our opponents.

I am usually very patient and always reluctant to call for the manager’s head but I am struggling to see where we are headed.

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 04:43 PM
I was embarrassed at the booing. 1-0 up so he changes the shape, puts Slivka behind Vela and gets width from Horgan and Middleton, it made sense. Sometimes you have to substitute your best player. It didn't work today.

There was one auld baldy radge who stormed down the steps of the lower west with his veins bulging, screaming abuse at the Heckbot, and walked out of the ground after 60 mins when they equalised. Only for us to make it 2-1 a few seconds later. If its between wanting the manager out before he's even had a full round of fixtures and bellends like that out the stadium I vote for the boo boy bellends every time.

How does the booing affect Horgans mindset? Think about it.

dastardly8
24-08-2019, 04:44 PM

Calm down? Bolt. Bolt ? , we were bottom six and nearly made Europe due to him , players fault no the manager , Alex Ferguson would have trouble sorting out some of our daydreaming players , bolt yoursellf

chrisski33

Calm down? Aye right! Mybe to early to judge but hecky wont be here by xmas. Its not looking good.

WhileTheChief..
The booing was directed at PH not at Horgan or Slivka.

I’m sure Horgan was fine.

Borderhibbie76
24-08-2019, 04:48 PM
I was in the "he needs time camp" before today but that was woeful. Even at HT I thought we were very lucky to be 1 nil up. I see no signs of progression at all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

tonyrougier123
24-08-2019, 04:58 PM
I remember saints beating us 2-1 at easter road.
Stokes last min pen,saints right up the park goal!
In that game I felt gutted,but not because we were hopeless,it was more because anti football beat us,we pressed them,moved the ball well they sat in,even hanlon was getting forward freely.
This was a draw,but felt worse total flipside of how we played in that defeat.
And it feels even more demoralizing.
They have the same anti football gaffer,just fancied it more because we were set up all wrong.
That performance would not be acceptable even away at mcdermid pk.

Torto7
24-08-2019, 05:05 PM

This 100%. The stats from this game and Rangers away are truly horrifying.

He needs emptied pronto imo.

Malthibby
24-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Regardless of today’s result (we threw away what should have been a pretty comfortable win) I am struggling to see much progress to be honest.

Our passing is so sloppy it’s untrue.

Players continually chose the wrong option, suggesting they don’t know where their team mates are or what they should be doing.

I see very little evidence of the ‘high press’... rather than energetic and on the front foot, we seem to drop off our opponents.

I am usually very patient and always reluctant to call for the manager’s head but I am struggling to see where we are headed.

More or less agree with all of this. We were absolutely, shockingly bad & let a lousy St J. team dominate us at home. I had German friends over (I had warned them not to expect Dortmund)
and they could not understand the basic lack of shape, passiveness or at the apparent inability of anyone (bar Kamberi) to complete a pass. They thought we looked as if we were trying to defend our one
goal lead; even if that wasn't horrific at ER it was never going to work, our defence is appalling & one goal just isn't enough just now. It's like the Keystone Cops in there.
Someone else has already said it; put two up front with Scott sitting behind then build backwards. We certainly need to attack, because we can't blxxdy defend.

Leith Green
24-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Im very calm and rational. That was ***** today. I see a group of players all over the shop and who look like they dont have a bloody y clue what they should be doing.

JimboHibs
24-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Im calm but watching that was torture, slow ponderous also play your best player in his best position , we should building that midfield around Allan not playing Allan out of position to accommodate others !!

judas
24-08-2019, 05:41 PM

Calm down? Bolt.

Pants.

He made a difference when he came in and got the beat out of Lennons demoralised squad.

But that was then. This is now and I understand your feelings.

Since452
24-08-2019, 05:44 PM
This time last season we were getting scudded at home by Hamilton. Can't remember the same outrage

tonyrougier123
24-08-2019, 05:50 PM
This time last season we were getting scudded at home by Hamilton. Can't remember the same outrage

Did we no scud hamilton this time last season??

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Because last season the team still looked decent and we were off the back of a cracking end to a season.

Polar opposite to now really.

Squirrel 1875
24-08-2019, 06:03 PM
I was embarrassed at the booing. 1-0 up so he changes the shape, puts Slivka behind Vela and gets width from Horgan and Middleton, it made sense. Sometimes you have to substitute your best player. It didn't work today.

There was one auld baldy radge who stormed down the steps of the lower west with his veins bulging, screaming abuse at the Heckbot, and walked out of the ground after 60 mins when they equalised. Only for us to make it 2-1 a few seconds later. If its between wanting the manager out before he's even had a full round of fixtures and bellends like that out the stadium I vote for the boo boy bellends every time.

So you vote for low crowds caused by this disaster of a manager?

tamig
24-08-2019, 06:57 PM

I’ve backed him up to now but that was poor today. Playing Allan wide right was a bizarre decision and to take him off was even more so.

Keith_M
24-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Yeah, calm doon, we're not really as eye-bleedingly bad as it looks like every time we play.

He'll sort it all out and we'll soon be having full houses every week and be watching stunningly good, exciting football.

Keith_M
24-08-2019, 07:03 PM

No, that took until November. We managed to get crap much earlier this season.

24-08-2019, 07:05 PM

Nothing to do with subbing our best player. Nobody is immune from being taken off. If Allan was having a bad game then fair dos but at the time there was half an hour to go, we were 1 nil up and should have been looking to kill the game off and we take off the player most likely to create something for us.

One Day In Time
24-08-2019, 10:10 PM

I’m with you. Totally get the disappointment but the venom when we’re 3 league games in is hard to understand.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 10:12 PM
Bolt ? , we were bottom six and nearly made Europe due to him , players fault no the manager , Alex Ferguson would have trouble sorting out some of our daydreaming players , bolt yoursellf

We got nowhere near Europe.

“Players downed tools” according to PH.

Sir David Gray
24-08-2019, 10:15 PM
It's not just three games though.

We have been poor since last season's split and there's no evidence that it will be turned around.

After today I want him gone. Had enough now.

Real Emerald
24-08-2019, 10:21 PM
It's not just three games though.

We have been poor since last season's split and there's no evidence that it will be turned around.

After today I want him gone. Had enough now.

That’s the thing, there is no sign of him grasping the problems. Had we battered St Johnston today and came away with a point then fair enough but our midfield looks like an exclusion zone for Hibs players and has done for weeks. On paper the formation may look fine but in practice we had one ineffective player up against 3. It was the same in the previous games and he is blind to it. Saints had the run of Easter Road today, he has to go.

andybev1
24-08-2019, 10:27 PM
No, that took until November. We managed to get crap much earlier this season.
We beat hamilton oct 6-0 which was the last decent game under Lennon

DH1875
24-08-2019, 10:39 PM
He's out of his depth and his post match comments show he hasn't got a clue. Hate to say it but time to get rid I'm afraid.

Brooster
24-08-2019, 11:19 PM
This 100%. The stats from this game and Rangers away are truly horrifying.

He needs emptied pronto imo.

Agreed.

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 11:25 PM

3 games in and you’ve **** the bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 11:26 PM
Exactly. What I saw today gave me a feeling I've not had for 5 years. This is not a "blip", or a "settling in", and anyone who can't see that frankly has their eyes closed.

Who said that....

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 11:27 PM

Completely agree, Horgan was mince. How much of that was on some of our support? He had 2/3 chances to give some of our team great chances to make it 3-1 and totally ****ed them.

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 11:28 PM
The booing was directed at PH not at Horgan or Slivka.

I’m sure Horgan was fine.

His performance would suggest otherwise as he was woeful

green day
24-08-2019, 11:30 PM

If we had won it would only paper over cracks.

He is clueless.

He needs sacked. And soon.

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2019, 11:37 PM
We are 7th. Last week we were 7th, so we are in the same position after just 3 games, wait until the end of the season before judging. IMHO

Whilst I'm opposed to sacking Hecky this early, there is no way he'll be in the job all season if these performances continue. He needs a big improvement in the coming weeks, starting with the way we defend as a team. We are leaking goals for fun, and no manager will last long that way. I'm all for giving him the first round of fixtures before assessing the guy, but he needs to demonstrate there is cause for optimism at that point. If we are no better, he's done, as the goals against column will be horrendous.

southern hibby
25-08-2019, 12:03 AM
Asked this question in another thread.

Can Hibs afford to sack him? Not sure what wages he’s on but I’d imagine about £300,000 -£350,000 ( total guess ). LD wants to build a new indoor pitch and this seems to be a priority, which is not going to be cheap, so will the board even consider it just now, knowing that if they sack him he needs paid off and money found to bring in new manager and players in Jan window that he will want?

GGTTH

jeffers
25-08-2019, 12:06 AM

Can Hibs afford to sack him? Not sure what wages he’s on but I’d imagine about £300,000 -£350,000 ( total guess ). LD wants to build a new indoor pitch and this seems to be a priority, which is not going to be cheap, so will the board even consider it just now, knowing that if they sack him he needs paid off and money found to bring in new manager and players in Jan window that he will want?

GGTTH

If the rumours are true Appleton wasn't offered the job as he wanted too big a pay off if we got rid of him, so I'm taking that to mean Heckingbottom wouldn't get his wages paid up in full.

Real Emerald
25-08-2019, 12:11 AM

GGTTH
Or see the fans haemorrhaging from the club as we go back to the bad old days? Whilst a new full size indoor pitch is a brilliant thing to have, will it really improve anything on the park? We need a manager who connects with the fans, knows what he’s doing and puts an exciting team on the park, first and foremost.