PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing "support" today

Pages : [1] 2

Since452
24-08-2019, 04:04 PM
One of the most toxic atmospheres i can remember at Easter Road. Even worse than the dark days of Lennon. The players confidence looks shot with all the booing. Really really sad. Im sure a bit of real support would have got us over the line today. I'm off this for a while before the inevitable abuse us directed my way.

calumhibee1
24-08-2019, 04:06 PM
One of the most toxic atmospheres i can remember at Easter Road. Even worse than the dark days of Lennon. The players confidence looks shot with all the booing. Really really sad. Im sure a bit of real support would have got us over the line today. I'm off this for a while before the inevitable abuse us directed my way.

Whether the booing contributed to the result is impossible to say but there’s no way it helped.

A Hi-Bee

Mabeys they have just about had enough eh, spending good money to be taken for granted and fed this crap each week.

SMAXXA
I think some folk support SA more than Hibs. Not saying I agree with where he was played or the shape but booooing as you said is mental imo

Phil MaGlass
24-08-2019, 04:07 PM
why put up a new thread then bugger off. If you put up a new thread hang around for replies no?

Pretty Boy
It's totally pointless behaviour and absolutely not for me.

However I think fans just want to see evidence of a plan and evidence of players caring. On the 2nd point I think fans often mistake lack of ability for lack of effort and I just think we can't play the way we were told we would be playing. We just look devoid of any coherent plan. Allan was garbage today but I think the booing was as much aimed at the bizarre decision to play him where we did as it was at the sub itself.

I go to games to support, not boo my team. I wish it was just a tiny minority but that was a sizeable number today. When that starts then it never, ever ends well for a manager. He's on borrowed time.

Callum_62
Agree - it stemmed from a player who was garbage all game and offered no defensive cover, during a period we were getting over run

Good player Allan is, hes not bullet proof - changes were designed to take back some grip in midfield

I posted in match thread that the balance is wrong in midfield - I actually think our biggest problem is Vela not being up to speed and totally knackered by 60 odd minutes, allied to the folk alongside him being inept defensively

Anyway - Heckinbottom will likely be gone in a few months....even if he turns things round there will always be a decent section of the support waiting to wail at the first sign of trouble

J-C
They booed the manager and his decisions, that was plainly obvious.

Silky
24-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Wonder what Ron made of it all?

hibsdaft
We booed our own substitution and cheered one of theirs. Mental, whatever way you look at it.

madhatter

Nothing to do with support. We went with a back 9 for the last 15mins and just waited for them to pile on the pressure.

Midfield that Hecky has assembled is mince . Apart from his shots Mallan is a passenger. You'll find it difficult to find two subs that have come on and played worse than Horgan and Slivka. Allan and Doidge being taken off deserved the boos. This only ends with Hecky turning it around or him walking, he seems inept tbh.

Phil MaGlass
Anyhoos, werent folk booing due to the poor subs, rather than the team itself?
Playing SA out of position doesnae help the cause??

Carheenlea
There’s always a tipping point, and unfortunately for Heckingbottom his Hibs career looks like it will run consistently close to that.

Fifehibby74
Embarrassing performance from team as well

brianmc

If you think that was toxic you'd probably best sit out the rest of the season because all signs point to things getting much, much worse.

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Disgusting stuff. Hope the booers don't come back. Football might be back to calderwood days but support certainly is. Away games will be better like they were then, when people actually turn up to support the tea.

Hecky is done if that’s the reception he’s getting for a relatively innocuous change.

A Hi-Bee

was you at the game!

BoyledEgg

They booed the players. That was plainly obvious.

calumhibee1
24-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Hecky is done if that’s the reception he’s getting for a relatively innocuous change.

He’s be aswell packing it in. He’s on a hiding to nothing. Another win today would still have been met with booing and calls for his head.

pacoluna
24-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Disgusting stuff. Hope the booers don't come back. Football might be back to calderwood days but support certainly is. Away games will be better like they were then, when people actually turn up to support the tea.

If the booers don't come back, half the stadium will be empty.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2019, 04:11 PM
The support are reacting to the negative, eye bleeding pish.

Heckingbottom deserves stick, but some senior players are a joke at the moment.

24-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Yeah players bottled it and it wasn’t helped by the fans who should be trying to give the players confidence, not take it from them.

pacoluna
24-08-2019, 04:12 PM

No they never it's was the manager they booed.

Alex Trager
24-08-2019, 04:13 PM

The booing was for the subs. Not a doubt about it.

A Hi-Bee

So no one can register their disgust at the team selection now, we all just meant to clap along, get real man this team is going nowhere fast. The crowds will drop off fast enough just like the Millar times if this keeps up, do you remember crowds of 7k booing only other way I can suggest to register disagreement with the team is to stay away, perhaps then you would be happy as you would not hear the boo's so loudly.

tonyrougier123
The stats dont lie,46%hibs 54%saints.hibs 9 shots saints 18.
Grimm.
No high press,no energy infact.
Cant remember for a long time a side like saints dominating us at easter road.
Even the most postive folk must agree needs a huge turnaround!!

h18eeynick
24-08-2019, 04:14 PM
So glad i didnt renew my season ticket this year. Just recently retired and not sure i can afford a £50 round trip each game on top of a season ticket Joined Hibs Tv for audio and quite a lot of our games end up on tv . Not missing the negativity of a 2 hour plus drive home and at least i can drown my sorrows with a tea time drink !

BoyledEgg
24-08-2019, 04:15 PM

Middleton got booed when he was coming over to take a corner in the first half.

BoyledEgg
24-08-2019, 04:15 PM
The booing was for the subs. Not a doubt about it.

There was booing a long time before the subs were made. Not a doubt about it.

The Harp Awakes
24-08-2019, 04:16 PM

Correct.

skyhibs
24-08-2019, 04:16 PM

It’s folk like you that are happy with the dross on the park... let’s boo even more till heck gets to ****

B.H.F.C
24-08-2019, 04:17 PM
15,300.if it keeps going in that direction, that’s what the board will notice.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2019, 04:17 PM
Middleton got booed when he was coming over to take a corner in the first half.

No by the Hibs fans FFS. Don’t make up pish. It’s bad enough!!

Alex Trager
24-08-2019, 04:18 PM
There was booing a long time before the subs were made. Not a doubt about it.

Maybe there were but the booing of that magnitude was not until the subs.
Going 451 at home to them 1-0 up is criminal.
You remember a manager getting booed at 1-0 before?

Green-Hibee-7
The support are reacting to the negative, eye bleeding pish.

Heckingbottom deserves stick, but some senior players are a joke at the moment.

Quite simply. This.

HIBERNIAN-0762

This 100% and believe me this will continue until he gets booted

Hibs1969
24-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Playing Allan wide on the right made no sense, the result being he flitted in and out of the game. The decision to take him off and leave Mallan on beggared belief. Mallan did next to nothing today and that result was entirely predictable. And the booing was 100% directed at Heckingbottom and not the players.

B.H.F.C

Going 451 was fine. Move Allan in to the middle. Don’t sit Allan in the bench.

BoyledEgg
No by the Hibs fans FFS. Don’t make up pish. It’s bad enough!!

Aye I’m making up pish 😂. It was around me and it was obvious where it was coming from.

J-C
24-08-2019, 04:20 PM

The booing was for taking off our playmaker and most talented player who was hung out to dry on the right wing all game, the booing was aimed at Heckingbottom and his decisions.

Willis1875
Playing Allan wide on the right made no sense, the result being he flitted in and out of the game. The decision to take him off and leave Mallan on beggared belief. Mallan did next to nothing today and that result was entirely predictable.

He got into the middle once and played a good through ball for Doidge which Doidge then fluffed

Hibs90
Aye I’m making up pish 😂. It was around me and it was obvious where it was coming from.

Utter guff.

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 04:21 PM
It’s anything but the fans fault.

We pay crazy prices for tickets and support team home and away etc.

Things aren’t right at Hibs at be moment on and off the pitch and action is needed.

24-08-2019, 04:21 PM
The booing was for taking off our playmaker and most talented player who was hung out to dry on the right wing all game, the booing was aimed at Heckingbottom and his decisions.

Allan isn’t as good as the majority of hibs fans think

BoyledEgg
24-08-2019, 04:22 PM

They were booing the players before the subs because the effort they were putting in was criminal. Didn’t hear anyone booing at half time today so don’t make up pish.

BoyledEgg
Utter guff.

Where were you sitting?

BoomtownHibees

It’s ***** mate and you know it. You are telling me that in the 1st half, Hibs fans booed Middleton while taking a corner? Absolute bull****

Alex Trager
24-08-2019, 04:23 PM
They were booing the players before the subs because the effort they were putting in was criminal. Didn’t hear anyone booing at half time today so don’t make up pish.

Ok mate.

Fifehibby74
Embarrassing performance from team as well

BoyledEgg
It’s ***** mate and you know it. You are telling me that in the 1st half, Hibs fans booed Middleton while taking a corner? Absolute bull****

Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying.

Frazerbob
24-08-2019, 04:24 PM

Utter nonsense

AgentDaleCooper
it's the same in any football stadium, with any football team. fans will always be hostile towards their own team when things aren't going how they want it to be, or if the manager makes some sacrilegious decision.

it still doesn't make a great deal of sense to me though. by screaming at your own team, you are bound to be undermining them to some degree, especially if you do it week in week out. suggests you are going to the football to vent your other issues, which is fine...but it's detrimental to the team. i know some people say 'well, if the players can't take it they shouldn't be playing' or 'it's my right, paid for my ticket to watch this garbage' etc...it's still just making things worse though. you're meant to turn the screw on your opponents, not yourself, that's pretty much the essence of dysfunction.

so i get that it's inevitable, i just don't get how any individual can fail to recognise that, upon reflection, it makes things worse.

we can provide a 12th man for the team, or we can give them pelters, which will sap their energy and 'help' them play like we're a man down. seems obvious to me which is a better way to go, no...?

The Harp Awakes

He certainly isn't playing RM/RW. Nonsense from the Manager. Doidge was also doing well. When he took him off we never won a header in their half which lead to the onslaught.

The Manager's subs were laughable. Cost us the points.

Hibs90

No. They were booong the subs.

Frazerbob
24-08-2019, 04:25 PM

You’re talking *****

BoomtownHibees

Where were you sitting?

One Day Soon

However I think fans just want to see evidence of a plan and evidence of players caring. On the 2nd point I think fans often mistake lack of ability for lack of effort and I just think we can't play the way we were told we would be playing. We just look devoid of any coherent plan. Allan was garbage today but I think the booing was as much aimed at the bizarre decision to play him where we did as it was at the sub itself.

I go to games to support, not boo my team. I wish it was just a tiny minority but that was a sizeable number today. When that starts then it never, ever ends well for a manager. He's on borrowed time.

Absolutely spot on PB. It’s how we are playing that is the real concern and it’s not clear what is needed to resolve that. It’s very disjointed and lacking in purpose and energy.

Beefster
24-08-2019, 04:27 PM
We booed our own substitution and cheered one of theirs. Mental, whatever way you look at it.

That’s obviously putting the spin that you want to on it. What actually happened was folk booed the decision to sub Scott Allan and clapped the introduction of a lifelong Hibee and ex-player.

I did neither of those things btw so I don’t feel the need to defend or justify them. Let’s not make **** up though.

jacomo
24-08-2019, 04:27 PM

He was a stand out for me today.

24-08-2019, 04:28 PM

What?!

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2019, 04:29 PM

Come on mate, I love Scotty as much as the next guy but he was pish. Hung out to dry playing out on the right. The one time he wandered centrally he setup the goal

jacomo
24-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Where were you sitting?

This is what I want to know, because where I was (upper East near to the FF) the support was decent and good-natured. What frustrated the fans was watching 90 minutes of us giving the ball away and inviting pressure.

We gifted St Johnstone a point today imo.

Scott Allan substitution got booed because he was the best player on the park. Acknowledging Liam Craig and Swanson as ex-Hibbys is not an issue.

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2019, 04:33 PM
Allan was one of our best players today despite playing in a wired-to-the-moon mental position.

Our best formation in decades had him playing behind Flo and Jamie.

Do the same again with Flo and Doidge in front of him and stop trying to be clever.

BoltonHibee
24-08-2019, 04:37 PM
Grimm.

That is horrendous reading. How can anybody defend this coach/ manager, whatever the **** he is meant to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moulin Yarns
24-08-2019, 04:39 PM

I take it that the St Johnstone sub was Swanson.

Squirrel 1875
24-08-2019, 04:43 PM

No it wasn’t. It was aimed at the change.

YanYansen
24-08-2019, 04:45 PM

Absolutely. He can talk all he likes as if football was a job for ****in management consultants, but we're not mugs. The way he's setting up the team is idiotic.

If you think that was toxic you'd probably best sit out the rest of the season because all signs point to things getting much, much worse.

This much is certain, imho.

hibsbollah
Embarrassing 'support'. A noisy minority in the West Lower seem to be taking satisfaction from screaming abuse, it probably distracts from their rubbish week at work.

BH Hibs
Aye very good blame the support. The booing was born out of sheer frustration. He started our best player out wide then took him off while leaving Mallan and Vela on. He deserves all the stick he got today. GGTTH.

the tornadoe
24-08-2019, 04:49 PM
No it wasn’t. It was aimed at the change.

Any manager should know Allan will give you very little played wide compared to central. Heckingbottom SHOULD know that. To sub him off and replace him with Horgan was in my opinion the wrong move. Mallan should have been off and Allan moved to centre with Horgan taking his place wide right.
For me that shows a really big question mark hanging over Heckingbottom. ..

DavidDavidGray
24-08-2019, 04:51 PM
The booing was a bit much, can’t have helped either Slivka or Horgans confidence. Was a mental sub though, why you take off our best creative talent and a striker at 1-0 is beyond me. Allan out wide is completely wasted as he is by far and away our best midfielder and our best creative talent. The booing was at Heckingbottoms decision, which was baffling. Again a bit much though, should have at least tried to encourage the two people coming on.

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2019, 04:53 PM
The booing at the Allan substitution was instant and spontaneous and rang out around the stadium.

It wasn’t a tiny minority.

Fans instinctively know what they like or don’t like when they see it and there is no way that all those in the stadium were wrong.

You might not like it, but most of us know we need a new manager.

The rest of you will get there eventually!!

BoyledEgg
24-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Embarrassing 'support'. A noisy minority in the West Lower seem to be taking satisfaction from screaming abuse, it probably distracts from their rubbish week at work.

Probably the same ones that booed Middleton taking a corner. It didn’t happen according to some on here though...

pacoluna

The denial is unreal, I would argue it was 50% or more that booed, think most would agree.

danhibees1875
I thought the support was fine today other than the boos at the subs. The performance was a long way from being great, but we were winning, joint top of the league, and 1 win away from Hampden in the cup - all in all, it didn't seem like the time to boo.

BoyledEgg
24-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Where were you sitting?

In the West Lower where my season ticket is.

madhatter
I've always found it funny that fans get stick for asking players and manager to apologise, even simply walking over and holding hands up to fans. this can go so far as to say to fellow paying fan to man up and dont expect an apology for everything that goes wrong in your life. All the while fans are protective of grown men not doing their jobs and being paid, in part, by the aforementioned fans.

Dont tell fans to man up and then be like an over protective parent for the manager and players. They are men, they are well paid and they are there to do a job. We aren't supporting a local boys team or something. Boo gets the message across as there is clearly problems at the club.

High press = no press. We've signed so many midfielders and have no midfield. Shambles deserves booing as today was torturous.

HairyMM

Totally agree booing generally doesn't lead to an improvement in player performance however these are professional footballers who are paid to perform as such. It is becoming increasingly clear that many are simply not good enough. Manager is rightly becoming under increasing scrutiny and some of his decision making is cause for major concern in my opinion.

hibsbollah
The booing at the Allan substitution was instant and spontaneous and rang out around the stadium.

Fans instinctively know what they like or don’t like when they see it and there is no way that all those in the stadium were wrong.

The rest of you will get there eventually!!

Most fans probably didn't like the idea of taking Allan off.
Some fans didn't like it and started booing.
Some fans didn't like it and didn't boo.

Do what you think is right. Personally I think doing the former is counterproductive. And the tone of your final sentence suggests you are taking smug pleasure in it. Which I'm sure isn't your intention. Because that would be dickish.

Swedish hibee
24-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Where did the huge banner go? Looked good at the St Mirren game.

Steve20
24-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Blaming the support? That’s a new delusional defence of Heckingbottom’s crap. The supporters pay money to watch a manager set up a team to play eye bleeding football.

Scotty didn’t have his best game, but he played a sublime ball to Doidge just before the sub was made, showing that with the game in the balance, he was the player that could create something.

As for the person who said Allan isn’t as good as Hibs fans believe, behave yourself. He’s even better.

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2019, 05:00 PM
It’s folk like you that are happy with the dross on the park... let’s boo even more till heck gets to ****

I'm not happy. Where did I say that?

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2019, 05:00 PM
I didn’t boo btw.

I was pretty shocked at the time but I actually think it’s a good thing.

The club are carrying on as if everything is fine.

The fans are letting them know that it isn’t.

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 05:01 PM
Blaming the support? That’s a new delusional defence of Heckingbottom’s crap. The supporters pay money to watch a manager set up a team to play eye bleeding football.

Scotty didn’t have his best game, but he played a sublime ball to Doidge just before the sub was made, showing that with the game in the balance, he was the player that could create something.

As for the person who said Allan isn’t as good as Hibs fans believe, behave yourself. He’s even better.

Again, the stupid straw man. Criticising the booing isn't blaming the support for the defeat, it just doesn't help, there's a difference. We were winning 1-0 at the time. As I say, pathetic and embarrassing in the west lower.

Marvellous
24-08-2019, 05:02 PM

It's pretty well established that the atmosphere of the match impacts the players, which is why teams' form more often than not is stronger at home. The fans aren't responsible but booing and creating a hostile, negative home atsmosphere is the single most helpful thing home fans can do for the opposition.

supermcginn

It was almost like he took him off because he had the cheek to drift from his ridiculous right wing position.

hibsbollah
It's pretty well established that the atmosphere of the match impacts the players, which is why teams' form more often than not is stronger at home. The fans aren't responsible but booing and creating a hostile, negative home atsmosphere is the single most helpful thing home fans can do for the opposition.

:top marks

jeffers
24-08-2019, 05:03 PM
I booed the substitution of Scott Allan and make no apologies for it. I can’t speak for others but it was aimed at Heckingbottom and borne out of frustration that he played our best player out of position where unsurprisingly he looked lost. Yet he still managed to do more than the undroppable invisible man that is Stevie Mallan. How he stayed on the park instead of Scott Allan beIng moved centrally is a mystery to me.

Hiber-nation
24-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Back to the Butcher days...blame the fans.

If some folk are getting upset at football fans booing then they can't have been to many games. It happens, it's not nice but if your team is getting outplayed by what was probably the worst team in the league on current form and the manager plays your best player in a ridiculous position then takes him off instead of taking off either of the pair of non-performers in centre mid then it'll definitely happen.

cabbageandribs1875
24-08-2019, 05:06 PM

wrong, that was plainly obvious

crash
24-08-2019, 05:06 PM

You just don't get it do you, the manager was getting booed, how you couldn't see that if you were at the game is unbelievable.

Northernhibee
24-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Ban them. Take the hit on finance and rebuild it from having a nicer atmosphere.

Gatecrasher
24-08-2019, 05:09 PM

I didn't Booo the decision but real support? Come on over 15,000 turned up, the team were winning and his poor decision making turned the atmosphere and the game.

madhatter
24-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Did most of the embarrassing support see St Johnstone equalising the way it was going? Yes. Did they see their manager make negative, and as eventually proved, rubbish subs? Yes.

Horgan, Mallan and Slivka give us nothing in the midfield. Horgan sometimes is brilliant but then is incapable of passing almost every week. Mallan, if you remove his shooting, is one of the worst midfield players (general play) I've seen at Hibs for a while. He's a Liam Craig who can shoot now and then.

Playing Allan right midfield is a joke.

That last 5 mins gives us no right to have pops at Levein and Hearts. We had 9 players standing in a line and we just hoofed the ball anywhere and stood in the line, zero pressing.

Players got a good reception and played rubbish for 60mins and then decided to play even worse for the remaining 34. Dont think booing has anything to do with it.

Rangers wasnt a blip, we are just a bit rubbish at the moment.

we are hibs
24-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Absolutely great to see another thread full of self righteous fans telling other hibs fans how to support their team.

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 05:11 PM
Back to the Butcher days...blame the fans.

Except we're not.
We're pointing out it doesn't help.

Hiber-nation
Ban them. Take the hit on finance and rebuild it from having a nicer atmosphere.

Jesus.

07BigD

The rest of you will get there eventually!!This, I've not seen a reaction like that in a long time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Absolutely great to see another thread full of self richeous fans telling other hibs fans how to support their team.

You're sounding a bit self richeous yourself there.

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 05:13 PM

Hilarity

BoltonHibee
24-08-2019, 05:13 PM

[emoji23]

Joe Baker2
24-08-2019, 05:15 PM

Embarrassing post mate. Why don't you just **** off!

Torto7
24-08-2019, 05:17 PM

:faf:

SingaporeHibs
24-08-2019, 05:18 PM

You’re right, it is pointless behaviour when trying to win a Football match, completely counterproductive. Footballers thrive on confidence and once that’s shaky or gone even the best players in the world struggle.
Your final point is also correct, once the size of support start feeling like this there is no way back from it. Have seen it enough times. Even if we end up mid table by season end season tickets will plummet and the club finds itself with season ticket sales back where it was pre-cup win. It’s happening already, no need for the south stand on a beautiful day for walk ups to make a late decision to go and watch Football.
The alarm bells should be ringing in the board room.

MikeyS
24-08-2019, 05:20 PM

That's enough internet for you today I think. Probably the daftest thing that's been posted tonight!

HappyAsHellas
24-08-2019, 05:21 PM
The booing of the manager is indeed a rare occurrence, and one I don't recall happening for a very long time. People witnessing this should be worried, not calling each other out or talking rubbish about banning them.

CathroMustStay
24-08-2019, 05:22 PM

:Ummm:

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Most fans probably didn't like the idea of taking Allan off.
Some fans didn't like it and started booing.
Some fans didn't like it and didn't boo.

Do what you think is right. Personally I think doing the former is counterproductive. And the tone of your final sentence suggests you are taking smug pleasure in it. Which I'm sure isn't your intention. Because that would be dickish.

The !! at he end of the sentence was meant to convey that it was a bit of jest in a tongue in cheek kinda way.

You got that though, right?!!

Weegreenman
24-08-2019, 05:24 PM
Second home game of the season and I’m afraid to say this but we are ducking dug *****. Embarrassing performance. We didn’t deserve anything from that today!

HibbySpurs
24-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Tactically Heckingbottom was poor today (and I’m being kind).

Allan on the right was baffling but nowhere near as baffling as the straight swap for Horgan when every other person could see what was needed was Horgan on for Mallan with Allan coming into the middle.

We looked so poor today and our first goal just about woke me up the game was that bad at that point.

At no point was I comfortable we would win and we were lucky to retake the lead so quickly or I think we probably would have lost.

We were simply hanging on for the last 15 and in injury time simply could not work out how to get someone on the ball to take it into the oppositions half, get to the corner and keep it there, in fact when we did have the ball we were hell bent on going for defence splitting passes which they just mopped up and piled the pressure back on.

Home or away, a goal up in injury time the instructions from the manager must be “get a hold of the ball, deny the opposition possession and run the clock down.” That was evidently not what was going on. Were players poor today? Yes, but for me the blame lies squarely with the manager and we were lucky to escape with a draw.

As a Hibs supporter and after the initial frustration of today wears off I’m happy to give the guy a chance to find a solution and I really hope he does but I’m not convinced at all and the next three games are huge now, lose all three and he’s gone, in fact get less than 4 points he’s probably gone but let’s hope he turns it around and we move forward.

Onion
Will be interesting to hear PH's comments on the booing. He will and should be asked, so lets hear his justification for the substitution. There is no case for the defence.

WhileTheChief..
This, I've not seen a reaction like that in a long time.

Yeah me and my dad were talking about that.

I can’t remember booing like that during a match in years.

The board really has to take notice which is no bad thing.

judas
Agree - it stemmed from a player who was garbage all game and offered no defensive cover, during a period we were getting over run

Good player Allan is, hes not bullet proof - changes were designed to take back some grip in midfield

I posted in match thread that the balance is wrong in midfield - I actually think our biggest problem is Vela not being up to speed and totally knackered by 60 odd minutes, allied to the folk alongside him being inept defensively

Anyway - Heckinbottom will likely be gone in a few months....even if he turns things round there will always be a decent section of the support waiting to wail at the first sign of trouble

Allan is a very good player. Our best playmaker and player. But he is treated like the messiah by some. Not just now, but before he arrived back for the 3rd time.

I’m expecting him to tell us to ‘**** off’ after some fans in here have chased him into a ditch.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Allan is a very good player. Our best playmaker and player. But he is treated like the messiah by some. Not just now, but before he arrived back for the 3rd time.

I’m expecting him to tell us to ‘**** off’ after some fans in here have chased him into a ditch.

Scott Allan is the messiah 🤷🏻*♂️

Willis1875
24-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Will be interesting to hear PH's comments on the booing. He will and should be asked, so lets hear his justification for the substitution. There is no case for the defence.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/paul-heckingbottom-didnt-know-rule-16812307

emerald green
24-08-2019, 05:27 PM
The well deserved booing came at various stages of an absolutely inept and atrocious performance from Heckingbottom's team. Some of it for his substitutions, some of it for a group of players who are clearly not good enough and cannot do the simple things well. Like defend. 11 goals shipped in the last three games. Yep, let's have a round of applause. :rolleyes:

Twice in the lead today, twice pegged back, and yet another goal lost in time added on. This, against a team who were destroyed 7-0 by Celtic the other week. It was no more than St Johnstone deserved to get an equaliser to be honest.

It was like the bad old days again at ER today. Nine new signings, and this is where we are at? I felt sorry for the new Swedish lad Hibs introduced. What must he be thinking having seen and heard that today?

Joe Baker2
24-08-2019, 05:28 PM
I was sitting in the west stand. Nobody was booing the players, they were booing Heckingbottom. It started when he hooked Scott Allan. What the **** was that about????

For a manager to blame the fans for the result is a new low for this club. The guy makes Pat Fenlon look good.

I'll stick with him for now. But if we lose the derby at home next month he won't see Xmas.

Clarence
24-08-2019, 05:28 PM
And so the Booer war commenced...but it was at the manager’s decision rather than the players.

Callum_62
24-08-2019, 05:30 PM
I was sitting in the west stand. Nobody was booing the players, they were booing Heckingbottom. It started when he hooked Scott Allan. What the **** was that about????

For a manager to blame the fans for the result is a new low for this club. The guy makes Pat Fenlon look good.

I'll stick with him for now. But if we lose the derby at home next month he won't see Xmas.

What manager blamed the fans for the result?

Not the Hibs manager anyway.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
24-08-2019, 05:32 PM
I personally didn't boo but I can understand why it happened.

I'd say Heckingbottom's not got long left. A growing number of fans are turning against him and I really can't see how that trend will be reversed.

I think a defeat in the derby next month will see his position become untenable.

madhatter
24-08-2019, 05:34 PM
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/paul-heckingbottom-didnt-know-rule-16812307

He’s done, sadly. Not a sensible thing to say even though he has a point. He’ll never get fans back on his side unless we go for a lengthy winning run with attractive football and I just don’t see that happening. We’ve been through this before to know how it goes. I expect Ron won’t be pleased to see this disharmony from the fans to the manager and the players.

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 05:35 PM

Don't you know how this works? If you want to make a point, just make things up.

Captain Trips
24-08-2019, 05:37 PM
I don't give a toss who booed who or when it's a convient excuse for some. The players and manager are the only ones involved today who could have won that game they failed and these games we need to win. PH and players 100%.

BTW not saying should be sacked but today is his and his players fault FA to do with crowd.

Crazyhorse
24-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Jesus.

Might work! Get him in.

Leith Green
24-08-2019, 05:41 PM
So some fans boo a managers decision and some find that embarrassing? Like really??

Have a look at who and why they were booing in the 1st place. Our only decent creative midfielder taken off and going from 2 up front to 1 was a negative substitution far to early in the match and it reeked of hanging on for 1-0. Allan was also played wider than normal and had anquiter game because of where he was played. I honestly dont think Heckingbottom has got a clue what he is doing.

scooby
24-08-2019, 05:43 PM

Exactly, the boooing was aimed at our feckless clown of a manager.

Leith Green
24-08-2019, 05:44 PM
I don't give a toss who booed who or when it's a convient excuse for some. The players and manager are the only ones involved today who could have won that game they failed and these games we need to win. PH and players 100%.

BTW not saying should be sacked but today is his and his players fault FA to do with crowd.

The crowd booed a negative substitution from the manager. Big ****ing deal

Hibs90
24-08-2019, 05:44 PM

Deary me.

He is doing himself no favours at all with comments like that.

Matter of time now.

Captain Trips
24-08-2019, 05:47 PM
It was a pile of piss for a home game the players and managers get plenty of cheers when all good a few boos and it's the supports fault. The only thing even remotley embarrassing out there was setup and play and some performances. No its the supporters booing that defends like pish. Ffs the players and PH need a long hard look at themselves tonight on a match we should win and discuss why we didn't and work on it not happening again. Fans booing aye right.

Joe Baker2
24-08-2019, 05:48 PM

Read the article in the Edinburgh Evening News....

staunchhibby
24-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Cant get link up

cabbageandribs1875
24-08-2019, 05:52 PM
chatting to a friend in bathgate today before leaving...

hibs will beat st.johnstone today mate

me...ermm what makes you think that, st.johnstone have been utter p@sh, there's no other team in scotland they would want to play to get the confidence back again, i know heckingbottoms hibs better than he does :agree:

ronaldo7
24-08-2019, 05:53 PM

I boo'd the decision when our manager made his substitutions. I'd given my all for the team in the first 60 minutes of the match where I watched a great big hole in the middle of the park where Scott Allan should have been, given over to a team that were thumped 7-0 a couple of weeks ago.

They couldn't believe their luck.

Had we held on today, we'd have just papered over the cracks, and they're becoming wider by the week.

I'm not one for having a go at the team, as they play the formation and tactics deployed by their boss, and the buck stops with him.

The clock is ticking.

24-08-2019, 06:05 PM

Where does it say he blamed the fans for the result?

hibby6270
24-08-2019, 06:08 PM
First things first. I booed the double substitution. Don’t for a minute feel ashamed to admit it. I’ve supported the club for way too long not to be entitled to an opinion on whether I agree with what a manager/coach does.

I didn’t boo the players. I didn’t even boo the reasoning or the tactical change of the substitutions.

What I was booing was Scott Allan being played out of position for 60 minutes and our glorious leader deemed it necessary to take Scotty off, rather than move him into centre mid where, as we all know, he is far more effective. Apparently Hecky hasn’t cottoned on to that fact yet. That is worrying.

I’m not saying the rest of our play was anywhere near the level we want or expect but to tactically change the the team as Hecky did, and still for it to show an unbalanced set up was not a positive move.

Did it cost us the win? Probably not but it seemed to me it gave St J more motivation to go forward which imho, should have been our initiative being the home team. Somehow it just came across as a backward step on the day and could have ultimately cost us even the draw.

supermcginn
24-08-2019, 06:10 PM

He kind of does in his interview. He knows he's lost the fans and its nobody's fault bar his.

Sammy7nil
24-08-2019, 06:10 PM
Deary me.

He is doing himself no favours at all with comments like that.

Matter of time now.

When the manager turns on the fans he really is backing himself in to a corner. He should have stuck to the facts Allan was one of ten he could have subbed as everyone was average of poor except Flo.

Joe Baker2
24-08-2019, 06:12 PM

Paul Heckingbottom post-match
“It was disappointing. We were trying to get he boys to relax but the whole stadium was anxious and that spread to the players.....
“We have got to learn to keep working and dealing with that but there was a real anxiousness that spread from the stands to the players....

From where I was sitting the booing from the fans was aimed at Heckingbottom and definitely not the players. He certainly knew this, as the fans were calling his name. He's trying to deflect the back to the fans. The man has a lot to learn!

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 06:15 PM
He kind of does in his interview. He knows he's lost the fans and its nobody's fault bar his.

He kind of doesn't.

He refers to the anxiousness getting to the players. Which was blatantly obvious to every ****er.

Unseen work
24-08-2019, 06:17 PM

“It was disappointing. We were trying to get he boys to relax but the whole stadium was anxious and that spread to the players.....
“We have got to learn to keep working and dealing with that but there was a real anxiousness that spread from the stands to the players....

From where I was sitting the booing from the fans was aimed at Heckingbottom and definitely not the players. He certainly knew this, as the fans were calling his name. He's trying to deflect the back to the fans. The man has a lot to learn!

They might be aimed at him but you’re deluded if you think it doesn’t have an impact on the players. He’s said nothing wrong there and is spot on

supermcginn
24-08-2019, 06:18 PM
He kind of doesn't.

He refers to the anxiousness getting to the players. Which was blatantly obvious to every ****er.

Anxiety which he causes! Loves his team sitting back. So much for pressing high 😂

emerald green
24-08-2019, 06:19 PM

No wonder the crowd "in the whole stadium" was anxious. That was because Hibs were so dire, and St J looked as if they might score every time they attacked.

Johnny Clash
24-08-2019, 06:20 PM
I thought the atmosphere was ok today. For sure there was loud booing at the substitution but I wouldn’t describe the atmosphere as toxic . Personally I don’t see the point of booing my own team or manager during a game as it can only have a negative effect on our team. It’s only 3 games into the season so I’m not panicking but there needs to be improvement soon. i get the impression Hecky’s aspiration is simply to go for a top 6 finish which is poor and at this rate not guaranteed.

tonyrougier123
24-08-2019, 06:21 PM
Aye he probably will take scott allan off again,but someone should ask him if he will continue to play an underperforming stevie mallan mores the point.
He badly needs a stint on the bench.

hibeerealist
24-08-2019, 06:21 PM

I think you have put that very well PB re SA, spot on and the fans see this they are not blind.

Shrekko
24-08-2019, 06:24 PM
Not read the whole thread as I’m sure there will be folk quite proud of the ridiculous reactions of the crowd at points.

The performance got progressively worse as the game went on and that tends to happen when the atmosphere is hostile.

The crowd are embarrassing- we’re the only ground in the SPL that is always half empty with 5 minutes left and the negativity and fickleness is beyond ridiculous.

Yes the team don’t look good, but the willingness for
the team to fail from a large chunk of our crowd is horrendous.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-08-2019, 06:25 PM
A result like this would NEVER have happened under Lennon....

YanYansen
24-08-2019, 06:27 PM
A result like this would NEVER have happened under Lennon....

Pish. It very often did.

madhatter
24-08-2019, 06:28 PM
He kind of doesn't.

Maybe we should be recruiting more mentally resilient players then? In seriousness, we have some really poor players if anxiousness in the stands caused that today, these new players will never win anything in their careers if they don’t toughen up. Anxiousness cause us to get thumped 6-1 as well? Was it that anxiousness that caused us to need extra time in the cup? No, manager and the players are just collectively a bit garbage at the moment.

Hecky’s lost it tbh, he’s the sort of manager that players respect but they’ll keep pushing the boundaries to see what they can get away with. Hecky blaming fans for his players’ horrendous performances is not going to get him anywhere, we’ll have signs at ER before long. Does he not see how bad the football is?

The_Horde
24-08-2019, 06:29 PM

Absolutely mental support. It was clear that Allan was knackered and getting a roasting.

Mental. If they showed half that passion in supporting the side we might've seen that out at the end there.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Pish. It very often did.

It did. But he wouldn’t have played Allan on the right wing and put some of the blame on to the support.

Heisenberg
24-08-2019, 06:32 PM

He’s been our only bright spot this season.

tonyrougier123
24-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Not read the whole thread as I’m sure there will be folk quite proud of the ridiculous reactions of the crowd at points.

The performance got progressively worse as the game went on and that tends to happen when the atmosphere is hostile.

The crowd are embarrassing- we’re the only ground in the SPL that is always half empty with 5 minutes left and the negativity and fickleness is beyond ridiculous.

The pish football is to blame for results!certainly not the crowd.your at the point of kiddin yourself on.
Can ppl no just accept that the majority of supporters know when its no good enough and boo accordingly.
Or do we accept that saints are a better team than us,cause thats how it looked today.

24-08-2019, 06:35 PM
The fans were certainly not the problem today.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-08-2019, 06:35 PM
Pish. It very often did.

I think Lennon lost twice at home to St Johnstone? So it didn't exactly happen (a draw).

That's my point mate, but somebody on the bus was shouting that Lennon wouldn't have tolerated it etc.

The_Horde
24-08-2019, 06:38 PM
The fans were certainly not the problem today.

The fans were embarrassing but if the players don't have the stones or belief in their own ability to play under the pressure then words need to be had about our recruitment.

So much is said about us signing the "right person" but if they crumble under the pressure then maybe the "search filter" needs to change.

madhatter
24-08-2019, 06:39 PM

Maybe it’s just a poor run of communication coming from the club? Maybe people are just a bit fed of the club.

- Bought over by an unknown quantity
- Budgets won’t change
- Fans will need to pony up to achieve plans
- High press
- Fitness levels above what they’ve ever known
- No money, we’ll only get someone worth same as Shaw if he goes on loan.
- Want to make players better.

Club keep talking but don’t seem to be doing the walking. I’ve only used the above statements to show things that have come out in the media. Touching on a few specifically, Slivka is the same or worse than when he arrived (player improvement?), we aren’t pressing and many of our players struggle to last 90mins without tiring badly.

Club should just call it honestly rather than talking rubbish. We’ll scrap for results but these players can’t play high press and we should offload some of these failures rather than hold onto them. Just to cheer everyone up, I can see us selling Kamberi and buying some rubbish as replacement.

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2019, 06:43 PM

Blame the crowd lol

Scotty Leither
24-08-2019, 06:46 PM
So he makes a sarcastic comment to justify his banal substitution of a guy who's made a trademark defence-splitting pass from a central position having spent the game as a spectator on the wing a moment earlier, that should have been finished off by Doidge?

This comes on the back of his comment 2 weeks ago that some of the players were nervous at playing in front of a "busy" Easter Road, and his continued guff that we're going to play at a "high tempo" with a "high press"?

I think this guy's come up here thinking that the SPFL is an easy league and his lame signings maybe think the same, and they've collectively had a rude awakening.

I had misgivings about him after the meek defeat to Celtic in the Cup at ER last season when we barely laid a glove on them - a cup-tie in which we basically had a free hit and he appeared to be happy with the performance.

If he thinks he knows better than the rest of us fair enough, that's what he's paid a lot of (our) money for, but he'll need to back that up with better results and an understanding that the very least a Hibs team does, especially at Easter Road, is to have a go at whoever we're playing.

If he can't or won't meet that basic expectation, then he's best on his bike before too long, to be honest.

leggeto
24-08-2019, 06:47 PM
Grimm.

This is how I seen it, very low pace slow build up,don't have anyone in the middle who can run at them.
Really need to up the urgency and tempo next game

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Previous managers who have failed have used the nervous at ER excuse.

If we can’t play in front of a home crowd we have zero chance at other stadiums / hampden or even Euro games.

Lennon and Stubbs didn’t ever say that.

Lee Marvin
24-08-2019, 06:50 PM
IMO, and only IMO of course, you need to be a bit delusional to not see that a reaction like that today doesn't negatively affect the players performance.

I totally understand the frustration as that was deplorable stuff today, utterly spineless and inept. But the toxic atmosphere likely contributed to the result.

I was embarrassed by it. Hecky has no way back now, that's for sure!

Tyler Durden
24-08-2019, 06:54 PM
Absolutely mental support. It was clear that Allan was knackered and getting a roasting.

Mental. If they showed half that passion in supporting the side we might've seen that out at the end there.

Nope, Allan wasn’t booked.

24-08-2019, 06:55 PM
He’s been our only bright spot this season.

Kamberi has been better. SA is a gifted player in the right team but he was at a rank Dundee team doing zip for a while and had a good half season next to the greatest midfielder I’ve seen at hibs. Perspective is needed in regards to his performances.

I’m more concerned about the team as a whole

Shrekko
24-08-2019, 06:56 PM
Blame the crowd lol

Who’s blaming the crowd (lol) ?

Just because a lot of Hibs ‘fans’ are hoping we fail doesn’t mean the terrible performances as their fault. Just making the point that some ‘supporters’ would rather hope things get worse than help make things better.

Seeing it on social media already - it’s one thing or the other ... people withdrawing their support till the manager is sacked. There’s always something keeping some Hibs fans from being Hibs fans (lol).

The_Horde
24-08-2019, 06:57 PM
Nope, Allan wasn’t booked.

You're right. He should've been though and I've now edited the post.

Real Emerald

Our embarrassing crowd is still double what St Johnston and the likes have at the start of their games. Hibs have a very good support who are getting increasingly worried we’re about to head down the Fenlon/Butcher way again. No one is there to get on the players backs but we’re witnessing a dramatic fall in quality to what we had and what we should have given our resources and status. This is only heading one way and it’s NOT the crowds fault.

Hibees1973
Let’s be honest after the last 4-5 years of an upward curve it was going to end sometime.

Heckingbottom is getting it tight because of the previous good two managers we had. We now have inferior players and it is showing. Our defence is leaking goals, midfield is ponderous and we are relying on Kamberi to take all the weight up front. It really is not looking good. Even if we could be organised and well drilled we could grind out positive results. We are nowhere near even this.

If performances do not improve, never mind results, I doubt if our impatient and toxic support will give him until the end the year.

Not all his fault though. All these powder-puff and anonymous new signings are at the root of our problems, and this is down to our recruitment team,

If he goes, my choice would be Robinson at Motherwell. He has put together 2 or 3 well organised, attacking and positive teams at Fir Park. He knows the game up here and with the resources at Hibs would put us back on track,

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2019, 07:03 PM

Just because a lot of Hibs ‘fans’ are hoping we fail doesn’t mean the terrible performances as their fault. Just making the point that some ‘supporters’ would rather hope things get worse than help make things better.

Seeing it on social media already - it’s one thing or the other ... people withdrawing their support till the manager is sacked. There’s always something keeping some Hibs fans from being Hibs fans (lol).

Heckingbottom said it was the anxiousness, eminating from the stands. He is blaming the fans, he is out of his depth

Shrekko
24-08-2019, 07:06 PM
Our embarrassing crowd is still double what St Johnston and the likes have at the start of their games. Hibs have a very good support who are getting increasingly worried we’re about to head down the Fenlon/Butcher way again. No one is there to get on the players backs but we’re witnessing a dramatic fall in quality to what we had and what we should have given our resources and status. This is only heading one way and it’s NOT the crowds fault.

Aw FFS nobody is saying it’s solely the crowds fault. That doesn’t mean certain things arent embarrassing or a lot of folk are hurting the club in some ways. Obviously a lot of people think abuse, booing, leaving early, not coming etc etc is the way to deal with hard times- fair enough, but other folk think different.

hibeerealist

describing the Hibs support as embarrassing you should be embarrassed!!

Reading clowns like you one would think other supports stay in the ground for 90 + mins, never disagree with managers or criticise their teams’ performance with no negativity in the ground.

Christ, Happy Clapper Centre this is.

Hibees1973
Let’s be honest after the last 4-5 years of an upward curve it was going to end sometime.

Heckingbottom is getting it tight because of the previous good two managers we had. We now have inferior players and it is showing. Our defence is leaking goals, midfield is ponderous and we are relying on Kamberi to take all the weight up front. It really is not looking good. Even if we could be organised and well drilled we could grind out positive results. We are nowhere near even this.

If performances do not improve, never mind results, I doubt if our impatient and toxic support will give him until the end the year.

Not all his fault though. All these powder-puff and anonymous new signings are at the root of our problems, and this is down to our recruitment team,

If he goes, my choice would be Robinson at Motherwell. He has put together 2 or 3 well organised, attacking and positive teams at Fir Park. He knows the game up here and with the resources at Hibs would put us back on track,

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 07:09 PM
Does he not see how bad the football is?

I get the impression he's a stubborn man. Taking Allan off was always going to be a controversial move. Possibly he likes being seen to be radical. It partly made sense on a tactical level, because Scott wasn't working out wide and our whole right side was a liability, Kennedy was having a field day. So moving to a sort of diamond shape with an extra midfielder made sense.

But it's possible to think that PH was tactically poor today and that the reaction to it was *****, at the same time. I don't know why that's so difficult to understand.

Also, booing a player coming onto a pitch is going to negatively affect his performance. Proven psychological fact. Recruiting supposed tough players who can take abuse and whose performance isn't affected by abuse is just dreamland. They don't exist.

emerald green
24-08-2019, 07:10 PM

The bit in bold. What nonsense. Who are all these Hibs fans "hoping we fail"? Just because some "fans" criticise the team, or the manager, does not mean they hope we fail.

Keith_M
24-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Heckingbottom said it was the anxiousness, eminating from the stands. He is blaming the fans, he is out of his depth

If that's true, then he should just sod off now.

That's a pathetic excuse for his own failures.

Shrekko
24-08-2019, 07:12 PM

Well that was Heckingbottom.

It’s chicken and egg... I think everyone realises that and that players need to be able to block it out. It’s still easier ... I’m guessing, to play better with a more supportive crowd.

We all want Hibs to do well aye?

NOLA
24-08-2019, 07:12 PM

I like tetleys

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 07:14 PM
The bit in bold. What nonsense. Who are all these Hibs fans "hoping we fail"? Just because some "fans" criticise the team, or the manager, does not mean they hope we fail.

There were loads round me today, and a few on here judging by the 'told you so' tone of their posts, who are getting satisfaction from 'being right all along'.

hibeerealist
24-08-2019, 07:14 PM

Our support is NOT impatient and toxic what a load of s h it e.

When you look look at what our support has endured over the years, yes we have had three cup wins in the last 40 years or so but we have been let down MANY times by the club we love.

All the fans want is some consistency is that too Much to ask? We were promised a high pressing team with fitness levels they have never known - where is it????

tonyrougier123
24-08-2019, 07:15 PM

If you choose to pick out a few posts on twitter to generalise you feelings about the support,then thats poor judgement imo.

The same support that were integral to the club bouncing back from the dark days.special mention to the 1875boys by the way,who constantly kept the atmosphere positive while we rebuilt from poor management.

And look at how the club treat them now,stuck away in a corner.

A few questions need answering just now but the support have got behind the club in record numbers,and bought the merch.

You really need to look elsewhere for an excuse,as to why its at this point.

Its not exactly the best experience at easter road just now for many reasons,and not because we spending plenty on the team on the park,so the board can shed that old excuse!!

Northernhibee
24-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Our support is NOT impatient and toxic what a load of s h it e.

When you look look at what our support has endured over the years, yes we have had three cup wins in the last 40 years or so but we have been let down MANY times by the club we love.

All the fans want is some consistency is that too Much to ask? We were promised a high pressing team with fitness levels they have never known - where is it????

No, they just booed a sub when we were winning and have lost one game this season. Not impatient or toxic at all.

Shrekko
24-08-2019, 07:18 PM
If you choose to pick out a few posts on twitter to generalise you feelings about the support,then thats poor judgement imo.

The same support that were integral to the club bouncing back from the dark days.special mention to the 1875boys by the way,who constantly kept the atmosphere positive while we rebuilt from poor management.

And look at how the club treat them now,stuck away in a corner.

A few questions need answering just now but the support have got behind the club in record numbers,and bought the merch.

You really need to look elsewhere for an excuse,as to why its at this point.

Its not exactly the best experience at easter road just now for many reasons,and not because we spending plenty on the team on the park,so the board can shed that old excuse!!

It’s not generalising - I’ve said ‘some’. A lot of the fans were brilliant after we lost the first goal.

flash
24-08-2019, 07:20 PM
I have to be honest. I thought the atmosphere was a bit flat but not particularly nasty or negative until he took Allan off. You could see after 15 minutes it wasn't working.
There should have been one change when he went off and that was Horgan for Mallan with Allan moving in one.
After he took Doidge off the ball just wasn't sticking up front and it was almost all St Johnstone.
I have been all for giving him time and I still would but he will struggle if he keeps managing like he did today.

emerald green
24-08-2019, 07:23 PM
There were loads round me today, and a few on here judging by the 'told you so' tone of their posts, who are getting satisfaction from 'being right all along'.

Are you seriously suggesting there were "loads" of Hibs supporters round you today hoping we would fail. i.e. lose the match? I doubt that's really the case.

There were plenty around me expressing their displeasure (including myself) about the garbage they were witnessing, but I would say few if any were hoping Hibs would lose. I, and the folk that sit around me, I feel safe to say that they all want Hibs to do well. Never to fail.

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2019, 07:24 PM
Well that was Heckingbottom.

It’s chicken and egg... I think everyone realises that and that players need to be able to block it out. It’s still easier ... I’m guessing, to play better with a more supportive crowd.

We all want Hibs to do well aye?

No I follow them every week in the hope we are guff?

hibeerealist
24-08-2019, 07:26 PM
No, they just booed a sub when we were winning and have lost one game this season. Not impatient or toxic at all.

As Pretty Boy eloquently put it - the crowd were booing the decision to take off SA especially given he was being played out of position - they were NOT booing the subs coming on.

However, you twist it any way you want as there seems to be some agenda, maybe in support of Hecky’s comments, that labels the fans as poor (impatient and toxic).

Very poor from the fans that support that view in my opinion.

madhatter
24-08-2019, 07:27 PM

It’s the performances the fans are hating. We also got thumped by Rangers and needed extra time to beat Morton. Our midfield is shambolic and I don’t think our manager sees it. His excuse in his interview was anxiety from fans and a poor linesman. He looked a bit upset in his HibsTV interview but the worrying thing is he couldn’t answer the question what are you going to do to sort this for future. He responded with his normal fluff, no substance just like his team.

We’re patient but can someone tell me what direction our club are taking at the moment? Can someone tell me what style of football our manager is wanting to play? Last season was a poor season, let’s not forget as far as many fans are concerned we’ve had a poor season and have started this season poorly. Conceding 11 goals in 3 games is rotten.

I might be mental but I’d be a happier fan if we had lost today but had hit the bar 3 times, had 60% possession and 29 shots, had a recognisable playing style. We didn’t, St Johnstone played some football while we just aimlessly kicked the ball. Kamberi saved Hecky today from worse.

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Are you seriously suggesting there were "loads" of Hibs supporters round you today hoping we would fail. i.e. lose the match? I doubt that's really the case.

There were plenty around me expressing their displeasure (including myself) about the garbage they were witnessing, but I would say few if any were hoping Hibs would lose. I, and the folk that sit around me, I feel safe to say that they all want Hibs to do well. Never to fail.

I suspect there's a few who have mixed emotions, they'd obviously prefer the team they support won, but they do get the satisfaction of screaming at the fall guy on the suit in the sidelines that they never liked from day one, and then boring all their mates in the pub about it afterwards. Everyone wants to be right.

we are hibs
24-08-2019, 07:33 PM
People Blaming the crowd for us playing *****. Aye good one.

We played well for half an hour then turned to ****. Explain how thats the fans fault? Honestly the mentality of some folk to have any kind of dig at hibs fans on here is tiresome as ****. We are getting crowds of between 15-16k for league games. A few years ago we were getting 8k. The fans have done their bit and when there is a team on the park, man in the dugout and a general idea the fans can get behind and excites them then they do get behind the team. Even when they go through tough spells in games (see 2nd half of 17/18 season where the atmosphere and general feel around the club was brilliant).

Time for the team on the park to step up. Not the fans.

Captain Trips
24-08-2019, 07:35 PM
OK everyone who booed today do not go back and all will be fine. No more "toxic" atmosphere and we can then play the high pressing football we were told about and go on to finish in Euro position.

Sorted.

emerald green
24-08-2019, 07:35 PM
I suspect there's a few who have mixed emotions, they'd obviously prefer the team they support won, but they do get the satisfaction of screaming at the fall guy on the suit in the sidelines that they never liked from day one, and then boring all their mates in the pub about it afterwards. Everyone wants to be right.

OK, but that's a bit different from "loads" hoping Hibs would "fail", i.e. lose the match. I agree everyone wants to be right, but that's never going to happen.

BlackSheep
24-08-2019, 07:39 PM
I saw something today that I don’t think I have ever seen before... lewy looked to have given up a few times.... unsupportive of Middleton throughout the game and definitely not fit enough yet due to his injury.
With gray getting injured and lewy not himself, there was little inspiration in the team today bar Kamberi.... who we cannot afford to let go now... or we are in a lot more bother than it looks now.

Northernhibee
24-08-2019, 07:39 PM
As Pretty Boy eloquently put it - the crowd were booing the decision to take off SA especially given he was being played out of position - they were NOT booing the subs coming on.

However, you twist it any way you want as there seems to be some agenda, maybe in support of Hecky’s comments, that labels the fans as poor (impatient and toxic).

Very poor from the fans that support that view in my opinion.
So we agree, the booing was because a sub was made. Totally rational and helpful.

hibee_girl
24-08-2019, 07:41 PM
I saw something today that I don’t think I have ever seen before... lewy looked to have given up a few times.... unsupportive of Middleton throughout the game and definitely not fit enough yet due to his injury.
With gray getting injured and lewy not himself, there was little inspiration in the team today bar Kamberi.... who we cannot afford to let go now... or we are in a lot more bother than it looks now.

There was a point in the first half where Lewis was limping badly, wondering if he was carrying a knock for the rest of the game.

He was also having to tell Middleton constantly where to go to help him out defensively

Captain Trips
24-08-2019, 07:41 PM
So we agree, the booing was because a sub was made. Totally rational and helpful.

Not the problem or even close to it. PH and the starting 11 and 3 subs are the only factor in it all. They failed. Booing at a decision at a football match is not irrational in the context of football

Northernhibee
24-08-2019, 07:44 PM
Not the problem or even close to it. PH and the starting 11 and 3 subs are the only factor in it all. They failed.

Psychological research would disagree about it not affecting someone’s performance but what do they know?

Keith_M
24-08-2019, 07:45 PM
I wasn't particularly enjoying the game, and was surprised at the substitutions, but I was totally shocked at the number of people booing.

The players coming on must have thought they were being booed, which doesn't fill people with confidence.

hibeerealist
24-08-2019, 07:50 PM

The booing was due to the sub being made yes and what a shocking decision it was (well a huge part of our support thought so anyway, myself included).

So the support is now being labelled as not rational or helpful, have you been to many football matches??????

madhatter
24-08-2019, 07:51 PM
Psychological research would disagree about it not affecting someone’s performance but what do they know?

What was the cause of their poor performance for 60mins? No booing had occurred, to my knowledge, until the subs and then it went downhill. However, the players were garbage from the first whistle.

I suspect discussions are ongoing regarding Heckys post tbh. A review of the recruitment team should happen as well, crazy how poor our recruitment has been since first year in championship. So many duds. High press and we recruit Newell, while also having Mallan in the middle, ok then...

madhatter
24-08-2019, 07:53 PM
I wasn't particularly enjoying the game, and was surprised at the substitutions, but I was totally shocked at the number of people booing.

The players coming on must have thought they were being booed, which doesn't fill people with confidence.

If they had something about them they’d think “I’ll show you”, instead they got anxious. All of them as well. Proves again that we don’t have a strong leader on the park.

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 07:54 PM
People Blaming the crowd for us playing *****. Aye good one.

We played well for half an hour then turned to ****. Explain how thats the fans fault? Honestly the mentality of some folk to have any kind of dig at hibs fans on here is tiresome as ****. We are getting crowds of between 15-16k for league games. A few years ago we were getting 8k. The fans have done their bit and when there is a team on the park, man in the dugout and a general idea the fans can get behind and excites them then they do get behind the team. Even when they go through tough spells in games (see 2nd half of 17/18 season where the atmosphere and general feel around the club was brilliant).

Time for the team on the park to step up. Not the fans.

No one saying its the fans fault. They are saying It makes a bad situation worse.

Other people ignore this, getting all sarcastic and keep repeating 'you're saying it's all the fans fault'.

Repeat to fade.

Captain Trips
24-08-2019, 07:55 PM

What research? So rather than maybe say I will show them all players **** it and can't take it?

ColintonHibs
24-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Aye very good blame the support. The booing was born out of sheer frustration. He started our best player out wide then took him off while leaving Mallan and Vela on. He deserves all the stick he got today. GGTTH.

If he’s that good he should be able to play anywhere. Not our best player

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 07:56 PM
If they had something about them they’d think “I’ll show you”, instead they got anxious. All of them as well. Proves again that we don’t have a strong leader on the park.

Again, it's nothing to do with 'having something about them' or not. EVERYONE performs worse under critical negative environments. Its a fact.

Captain Trips

100% however the booing IMO had FA to do with score.

hibsbollah
What research? So rather than maybe say I will show them all players **** it and can't take it?

All research.

Captain Trips
24-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Again, it's nothing to do with 'having something about them' or not. EVERYONE performs worse under critical negative environments. Its a fact.

I don't think it is a FACT, as everyone reacts to things differently so don't see how it's a FACT at all.

Captain Trips
24-08-2019, 07:58 PM
All research.

What such research? OK all our players have the same mind and the research you mention means everyone of our players will not play as well if booing. OK.

Interesting if the atmosphere was positive yet we have played ***** in past. Crap happens you can look outside the pitch all you like we have been pumped when good atmosphere and won when support quiet. We win or lose by the managers set up and the performance of the players. Anything else is an excuse.

hibeerealist
24-08-2019, 08:00 PM
If he’s that good he should be able to play anywhere. Not our best player

He is and you you are in a small minority of Hibs fans if you think he is not!!

madhatter
24-08-2019, 08:01 PM

I agree but the performance didn’t have a noticeable decline after the boos, I think the players were garbage from the first whistle. Fans weren’t anxious from the start. The players struggling to play football caused fans to become extremely anxious because we’ve just paid out on STs and this looks like it’s going to be a long painful season. I say again, I’d prefer to have lost today if our performance was good. However, instead we got outplayed by St Johnstone and tbh were the fortunate team to get a draw. Jackson made two excellent blocks that were goal bound and Marciano could have seen red. St Johnstone had more chances, they also had better chances.

Captain Trips
24-08-2019, 08:07 PM
I would quite frankly be more concerned about the setup and performance this will be the major and always will be in how many points we get in a match.

OK so let's all agree tell everyone next match no matter there is a no booing policy. Watch us skelp opposition.

Borderhibbie76
24-08-2019, 08:09 PM

When the manager turns on the fans he really is backing himself in to a corner. He should have stuck to the facts Allan was one of ten he could have subbed as everyone was average of poor except Flo.Sadly for him hes now on borrowed time...hes probably realistically got till the derby in Sept at home...if results and performances dont pick up by then (and I've now got no confidence to believe they will) I reckon hes a goner by the end of Sept. When a manager loses the fans this early in a season...rightly or wrongly it will only ever end one way. 2k missing today off our average attendance the last 2 seasons and its gonna get worse under Hecky

matty_f
24-08-2019, 08:10 PM

What was the question he was answering?

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 08:12 PM
I don't think it is a FACT, as everyone reacts to things differently so don't see how it's a FACT at all.

It doesnt matter if you think it's a fact or not. It doesn't change the fact that it is.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2019, 08:12 PM

More rational than the sub itself. And the position the player subbed was playing in the first place.

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2019, 08:14 PM
It's worrying to have booing at such an early stage; it feels like Hecky is on the verge of losing the support and needs to improve us quickly.

Onceinawhile
24-08-2019, 08:14 PM
It was really weird.

I felt the first goal was hardly celebrated.

Then giving Danny swanson a better reception onto the pitch than daryl Horgan?

Also noticed the east was almost empty by the time the equaliser went in.

Not good.

Hibs90
24-08-2019, 08:23 PM
It's worrying to have booing at such an early stage; it feels like Hecky is on the verge of losing the support and needs to improve us quickly.

I'd say he has already lost a fairly large percentage.

Captain Trips
24-08-2019, 08:24 PM
It doesnt matter if you think it's a fact or not. It doesn't change the fact that it is.

It doesn't change the fact its not. As stated everyone is different and it's not a fact.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/07/mauricio-pochettino-responds-to-spurs-fans-for-booing-his-decisions-in-psv-win-8112591/?

madhatter
24-08-2019, 08:27 PM
It was really weird.

Not good.

Can’t blame people. Fans are telling fans to be patient and stop being bedwetters etc. while people can see what is coming. At the same time we have been taken over by an unknown entity and pretty much know nothing about his plans.

Fans are criticising fans for booing as they don’t feel it represents the true sense of a supporter. I don’t think I’m the only one that feels the club treat us more as consumers than supporters at the moment. There was a 4 year spell when it felt rewarding to be a Hibs fan regardless of results. We knew the type of football we were getting and we had players that visibly gave their all and entertained.

We’re all waiting patiently to hear whether Ron is an asset stripper and we’re all waiting to see a team that entertains. After all, we are a football club first and I think we’ve lost our way on that front tbh. Think they have long term plans that rely on fans but they haven’t fully appreciated how fast our attendances will drop if they don’t keep a good team on the park. Picture of Leeann shows a concerned individual tbh.

jacomo
24-08-2019, 08:34 PM

Like it or not, PR is part of the manager’s job and Hecky is not doing himself any favours.

Fans are anxious that the new team doesn’t seem to be showing the qualities that Hecky has promised. He doesn’t seem to get that at all.

No need for you to apologise for booing. ER is our theatre and we are allowed to play our part.

Captain Trips
24-08-2019, 08:37 PM
Discussing the booing detracts from the FACTS, We failed to win because manager and players didn't do well enough, the booing discussion would be better served discussing team selection or performance which are the actual reason we drew.

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2019, 08:43 PM
What was the question he was answering?

It was the article by David Hardie in the Evening News

#2 Double Tap
24-08-2019, 09:12 PM

"you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time".

Onceinawhile
24-08-2019, 09:16 PM
Can’t blame people. Fans are telling fans to be patient and stop being bedwetters etc. while people can see what is coming. At the same time we have been taken over by an unknown entity and pretty much know nothing about his plans.

Fans are criticising fans for booing as they don’t feel it represents the true sense of a supporter. I don’t think I’m the only one that feels the club treat us more as consumers than supporters at the moment. There was a 4 year spell when it felt rewarding to be a Hibs fan regardless of results. We knew the type of football we were getting and we had players that visibly gave their all and entertained.

We’re all waiting patiently to hear whether Ron is an asset stripper and we’re all waiting to see a team that entertains. After all, we are a football club first and I think we’ve lost our way on that front tbh. Think they have long term plans that rely on fans but they haven’t fully appreciated how fast our attendances will drop if they don’t keep a good team on the park. Picture of Leeann shows a concerned individual tbh.

I've not blamed anyone, but I just found it odd. Horgan scored 2 v a team in maroon at Tynecastle, swanson managed it at Preston field.

When was this four year spell???

One Day In Time
24-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Hibs fans booing their own team?

Not Hibs fans in my book. Bloody disappointing performance and result but if we’d held on for 3 points, all would be fine.

Can’t be arsed with all these so called fans who behave like spoiled brats when things don’t go their way

brianmc
24-08-2019, 09:27 PM

Not Hibs fans in my book. Bloody disappointing performance and result but if we’d held on for 3 points, all would be fine.

Can’t be arsed with all these so called fans who behave like spoiled brats when things don’t go their way
All would not have been fine if we'd held out for a win.
But you crack on with that ***** if you like WUM.

andybev1
24-08-2019, 09:35 PM
I just seen the interview with heck on hibstv and the tone or words does not have him having a go at the support - there is enough reason for me wanting him to go - his negative football that encourages teams to constantly come on to us mainly but it would not be fair to say he did that in any way IMO (Ok, it could be another interview but some of what is said is v similar to the article). He did stick up for his decision and said they were offside for the last goal. My main problem with him is he lies,he said at the beginning we would be always pressing teams high up the park and that is blatantly not true and if it is rangers or celtic then forget it, they will invariably be given a goal start before we try to go at them.

Blaster
24-08-2019, 09:37 PM
It was really weird.

Not good.

It’s disgusting. I don’t mind applauding a former player as he goes off. I did when Liam Craig went off. But Swanson’s introduction gave me the boke

He did nothing in his time at the club

andybev1
24-08-2019, 09:42 PM

Never read so much **** on here and that is saying something

madhatter
24-08-2019, 09:51 PM
I've not blamed anyone, but I just found it odd. Horgan scored 2 v a team in maroon at Tynecastle, swanson managed it at Preston field.

When was this four year spell???

Stubbs and Lennon. For different reasons. While a lot of it was in the Championship, the one common thing throughout these years was a strong understanding of what the club were trying to achieve. Before Leeann joined we were inconsistent, as we are now, but we had lack of trust in Rod and Farmer. Leeann came in and the initial period felt like a healing period, Stubbs added to that as he spoke well and seemed a really likeable guy, we had heroes on the park. We played reasonably good football but lacked cutting edge. We won the cup. Stubbs leaves but we recruit Lennon who was a big name. We get promotion with relative ease and have a great first season back up. We ended up being a bit of an arrogant team, gung-ho sometimes but had things like the 5-5 game vs Rangers to enjoy.

This was a rewarding period, we could see the club trying to right some wrongs. Without saying any words the fans knew what was happening and what the priorities were. That’s gone now, especially with Ron taking over. I don’t have a clue what the club’s ambitions are, what our footballing philosophies are, nothing. It’s like going back to Rod and Farmer. Keep paying to come along, we’ve got big plans (buildings and infrastructure) or executive stuff but we’ll only tell you when it gets to that stage. All the while, please watch a shocking standard of football every week. Budgets haven’t changed...

Our football club has lost its way in my opinion. I think in some regards we’ve forgotten the key thing is to have a successful team now. Not planning for one in 30 years. Need kids growing up supporting Hibs and that won’t happen if nobody is going to the games...Chamber of Commerce and all that. All I’m bothered with is what’s going on at ER, get that right ffs.

One Day In Time
24-08-2019, 09:54 PM
All would not have been fine if we'd held out for a win.
But you crack on with that ***** if you like WUM.

WUM? Is that the best you can do when you don’t agree with what someone’s posted? Debate the post but don’t respond like a big bairn. We’d be sitting in third position tonight and that would do me just fine

One Day In Time
24-08-2019, 09:56 PM
Never read so much **** on here and that is saying something

Never read such a ****ty response to a post when the whole point of a football forum is to stimulate debate and discussion

Sammy7nil
24-08-2019, 10:00 PM
It’s disgusting. I don’t mind applauding a former player as he goes off. I did when Liam Craig went off. But Swanson’s introduction gave me the boke

He did nothing in his time at the club

Me too Danny did hee haw for Hibs

Whataball
24-08-2019, 10:03 PM
People do realise the club existed before Stubbs and Lennon? In recent times we've had a superb midfield now we don't and it's affecting both ends. Not saying things are perfect or people shouldn't ask for better but booing the team? Points will determine what happens, giving players/management peters serves no purpose.

Heisenberg
24-08-2019, 10:07 PM
Heckingbottom can blame the fans all he likes. They weren’t to blame for his team getting utterly dominated by St Johnstone at home for 45 minutes.

I wanted him to be given a chance. I’ve seen all of our league games and we have been ranging from average to atrocious. If he doesn’t pick up results in the next two he’ll be struggling massively.

matty_f
24-08-2019, 10:08 PM
It was the article by David Hardie in the Evening News

I saw it, it doesn’t say what he was asked though - it makes a difference if you know the context of the response.

Rumble de Thump
24-08-2019, 10:18 PM
The booing was due to the sub being made yes and what a shocking decision it was (well a huge part of our support thought so anyway, myself included).

So the support is now being labelled as not rational or helpful, have you been to many football matches??????

Some supporters want Scott Allan to play every minute of every game this season. It makes complete sense.

Rumble de Thump
24-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Heckingbottom can blame the fans all he likes. They weren’t to blame for his team getting utterly dominated by St Johnstone at home for 45 minutes.

I wanted him to be given a chance. I’ve seen all of our league games and we have been ranging from average to atrocious. If he doesn’t pick up results in the next two he’ll be struggling massively.

Did he blame the fans? The rest...i won't bother with

Heisenberg
24-08-2019, 10:25 PM

Yes. He blatantly states the anxiousness from the stands affected the players performance. I’m sorry but the players should be more than capable of playing at Easter Road in front of an expectant crowd. Instead they crumbled and we got dominated by ****ing St Johnstone!

Radium
24-08-2019, 10:26 PM

Yes, said the anxiety from the stands transferred to the players.

24-08-2019, 10:27 PM
Yes. He blatantly states the anxiousness from the stands affected the players performance. I’m sorry but the players should be more than capable of playing at Easter Road in front of an expectant crowd. Instead they crumbled and we got dominated by ****ing St Johnstone!

Why oh why do hibs players have emotions. This wouldn’t have happened under bOrN wInNeR Neil Lennon.

Heisenberg
24-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Why oh why do hibs players have emotions. This wouldn’t have happened under bOrN wInNeR Neil Lennon.

Neil Lennon is a dreadful manager. I’ve not once mentioned him.

Fact is, Heckingbottom is struggling and starting to blame the fans for his teams failings.

24-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Neil Lennon is a dreadful manager. I’ve not once mentioned him.

Fact is, Heckingbottom is struggling and starting to blame the fans for his teams failings.

The fans didn’t help

Carheenlea
24-08-2019, 10:33 PM

:agree: It never starts with the fans - reaction from the stands is always in relation to what is happening on the pitch. Not enough strong characters in the side to drive the side on, and it’s always the easy cop out to blame the supporters in deflection of a teams frailties.

hibsbollah
24-08-2019, 10:33 PM
Yes, said the anxiety from the stands transferred to the players.

What a heartless ****. What a terrible thing to say. Obvious to any watcher and 100% accurate, of course.

#2 Double Tap
24-08-2019, 10:34 PM
The fans didn’t help

he didnt help the fans to help him, its a two way street.........history shows it;

bad managers = boos, unsatisfied fans,
good managers = songs, and support.

under stubbs we was not winning every week, we failed at promotion twice ffs, yet the fans where generally happy because they seen some positives, liked the vibes he gave off and the things he said.

Heisenberg
24-08-2019, 10:35 PM
The fans didn’t help

The fans cannot in any way be blamed for us getting hounded by St Johnstone at home. Our midfield is powderpuff as **** and we are leaking goals. Heckingbottom is deflecting from another rancid performance.

bawheid
24-08-2019, 10:38 PM
The fans cannot in any way be blamed for us getting hounded by St Johnstone at home. Our midfield is powderpuff as **** and we are leaking goals. Heckingbottom is deflecting from another rancid performance.

Is he not just saying that the players need to be able to cope with the pressure better? I read it more as a comment on the players rather than the fans.