PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v St Johnstone post match thread

Diclonius
24-08-2019, 04:00 PM
I'll start.

I was more than positive about the manager and his signings prior to the start of the season, but that was bizarre. Playing Allan wide then subbing him instead of moving him, and we have an entire plethora of midfielders that refuse to tackle.

No one would have contested a St Johnstone win today.

AFKA5814_Hibs
24-08-2019, 04:03 PM
Absolutely woeful. St Johnstone had 3 separate attacks after the 4 minute board went up. Where were the Hibs players fighting for the ball?

Dalkeith Boy
24-08-2019, 04:09 PM
That was as bad as it gets......absolute rubbish!!!

hibbie02
24-08-2019, 04:09 PM
How many more games is it going to take for the defenders of this clown to see the glaringly obvious that Hecky makes it up as he goes along and has no clue. We narrowly beat a few minor teams, played 2 of the worst teams in the League at home and capitulated against the Huns. 4points and -4 goal difference.

The football is eye watering, there’s no plan and no vision. If anyone thinks this is acceptable they are deluded!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HibeeDaz6270
24-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Don't waste time & get Heckingbottam out now. I know that realistically is not going to happen but I can't see this working under him

I understand the whole give a manager time but I honestly don't believe his style of play will ever change and it's so negative

That was awful today and the managers decisions were equally as bad during the game

We are going backwards

ionahibby
24-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Games like these happen but the amount of booing for me is a sign he hasn’t got much time to sort this. A bad performance in the derby and he won’t win the fans over.

Dalkeith Boy
24-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Right now, the way I see it we are in a relegation fight with Hamilton and St Johnstone......what a disaster!

SteveHFC
24-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Right now, the way I see it we are in a relegation fight with Hamilton and St Johnstone......what a disaster!

Can’t see us picking up any points in the next month. Can see everyone taking points off us.

A Hi-Bee
24-08-2019, 04:15 PM
How many more games is it going to take for the defenders of this clown to see the glaringly obvious that Hecky makes it up as he goes along and has no clue. We narrowly beat a few minor teams, played 2 of the worst teams in the League at home and capitulated against the Huns. 4points and -4 goal difference.

The football is eye watering, there’s no plan and no vision. If anyone thinks this is acceptable they are deluded!

I have to agree but dont think things are going to change anytime soon, something just not right at Easter Road just now, there is no quick fix.

Speedway
24-08-2019, 04:19 PM
An interesting stat that I’ve yet to verify is that we’ve picked up 10 points from our last 30 in the league.

Callum_62
24-08-2019, 04:23 PM
An interesting stat that I’ve yet to verify is that we’ve picked up 10 points from our last 30 in the league.

that would be with 6/10 games against 'top 6' sides

Seeing as we shouldnt have even made it to top 6 last year, I can disregard it

supermcginn
24-08-2019, 04:24 PM

Says it all. Time to go.

hibbie02
24-08-2019, 04:24 PM

How many from the last 8 matches, 24 available points? 4!

BlackSheep
24-08-2019, 04:25 PM
I sometimes wonder if Heckingbottom doesn’t know what to do with Allan and Mallan!

He didn’t sign Allan, but knows he is one of, if not the best player in our squad so cant leave him out, and he seems to have a bit of loyalty towards Mallan.

Allan hasn’t merited being dropped yet this season and I think Mallan has been pretty anonymous.

This conundrum will only be made worse with our new signing and how to crowbar him into the first team.

Mallan needs some bench time to reignite some passion imho.

Until this issue is sorted, I think we are in for a tough time!

Carheenlea
24-08-2019, 04:26 PM
We’ve got one of the best midfielders in the country - he has to play Scott Allan in the middle and build the side round him. Our squad isn’t rich enough with quality not to do so.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2019, 04:26 PM
I have to agree but dont think things are going to change anytime soon, something just not right at Easter Road just now, there is no quick fix.

Worrying thing is they seem to be taking their eyes off the ball regarding off field related things too.

BlackSheep
24-08-2019, 04:27 PM

Laughable!!!

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2019, 04:28 PM
We’ve got one of the best midfielders in the country - he has to play Scott Allan in the middle and build the side round him. Our squad isn’t rich enough with quality not to do so.

It’s so obvious that Allan needs to play in the middle. He wandered in once today and setup the goal. Build the team around him

HUTCHYHIBBY

That seems to be the main bug bear amongst the punters, he just seems incapable of seeing it though.

h18eeynick
Absolutely woeful. St Johnstone had 3 separate attacks after the 4 minute board went up. Where were the Hibs players fighting for the ball?

I listened on Hibs TV audio and with a couple of minutes of extra time left , Stevenson put a throw in to Kamberi's chest at so much pace he had no chance of controlling it. Simple things like that lead to chances and probably similar to how we lost the corner that they scored from

500miles
24-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Heckingbottom is not a hibs type manager. Never brave enough.

Onion
24-08-2019, 04:31 PM

Said at the time, when he subbed the best player at our club, Hibs better win this game now for Heckingbottom's sake. P45 stuff from the manager.

By subbing SA, he's effectively saying, he cannot find a place for SA in our midfield. WTF ?

PH91
24-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Hecky is going to get lots of stick for taking allan off today. I have no issue with that as he was very poor and offering little defensive cover although i have no idea why he was playing on the right in the first place.

Also, once he moved us into a 4231, why he moved vela, our only midfielder with any defensive qualities, up behind the striker and had slivka and mallan sitting deep is anyones guess. The little control we had of the game was lost at that point. Absolutely bizarre.

He has shot himself in the foot big time with those decisions and given ammunition to a support who were already starting to turn on him. Rightly or wrongly, i cant see him lasting based on the atmosphere today.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2019, 04:33 PM
Negative approach comes from Heckingbottom. Players first though is to go back the way.

We can’t defend simple balls in to the box though.

Senior players not leading. Paul Hanlon in particular. Rubbish.

supermcginn
24-08-2019, 04:33 PM
Heckingbottom is not a hibs type manager. Never brave enough.

He's so negative. The Leeds fans were right.

J-C
24-08-2019, 04:36 PM

That'll be the 30% win ratio he had at Barnsley and Leeds, talks a good game but clueless.

hibbie02
24-08-2019, 04:41 PM
Laughable!!!

So what are you seeing that leads you to that view?

Beefster
24-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Has Heckingbottom done any post-match interviews yet?

hibbie02
24-08-2019, 04:50 PM

What’s the point, no one believes a word he says?

Speedway
24-08-2019, 04:52 PM

‘We didn’t do us jobs, we need to do us defending and get us goals for us’

Etc etc etc

Squirrel 1875
24-08-2019, 04:55 PM
that would be with 6/10 games against 'top 6' sides

Seeing as we shouldnt have even made it to top 6 last year, I can disregard it

Do you not think we should be a top 6 side? I think that is the minimum we should expect. Is that what Heckinbottom fans think of Hibs?

Speedway
24-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Hibs head coach Paul Heckingbottom tells BBC Scotland: "It's a sickener: the nature of it.

"One's the last kick of the game and offside and the other is we've lost a runner and made a mistake. It feels like a defeat.

"The goals we conceded there are tough to take. It's clearly offside.

"We've had four bad decisions in the last six games, three which were chalked off which shouldn't have been, so we're on a bad run at the moment."

Marvellous
24-08-2019, 04:58 PM
‘We didn’t do us jobs, we need to do us defending and get us goals for us’

Etc etc etc

If you lived where he lived you'd be talking like that as well. Likewise, if he was a bitter old fud he'd be talking like you. No point in drawing attention to mannerisms really is there?

Speedway
24-08-2019, 05:00 PM
If you lived where he lived you'd be talking like that as well. Likewise, if he was a bitter old fud he'd be talking like you. No point in drawing attention to mannerisms really is there?

Hopefully he’ll be returned to where he lived before very long.

Beefster
24-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Hibs head coach Paul Heckingbottom tells BBC Scotland: "It's a sickener: the nature of it.

"One's the last kick of the game and offside and the other is we've lost a runner and made a mistake. It feels like a defeat.

"We've had four bad decisions in the last six games, three which were chalked off which shouldn't have been, so we're on a bad run at the moment."

He was doing okay until he started on about refereeing decisions and how that’s the reason for us being poor.

Hibstrooper
24-08-2019, 05:06 PM
He was doing okay until he started on about refereeing decisions and how that’s the reason for us being poor.

Makes no sense as the goals chopped off, we still won the games. Just total deflection. No comment on how poor we were overall.

Callum_62
24-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Do you not think we should be a top 6 side? I think that is the minimum we should expect. Is that what Heckinbottom fans think of Hibs?Not what I said but we really sneaked into top 6 last year through a pretty amazing turnaround since Heckinbottom came in

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Callum_62

"We've had four bad decisions in the last six games, three which were chalked off which shouldn't have been, so we're on a bad run at the moment."Was it offside? Didn't even cross my mind at the time

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

HappyAsHellas
Early on in the second half my daughter asked me why we were watching a St Johnstone training session, and it was hard to disagree. Anyone playing SA wide on the right is a muppet, and I fear that is what Hecky is turning into rapidly. His substitutions are baffling and seem to be designed to throw the team under the bus.

Turkish Green
24-08-2019, 05:13 PM
If Heck was the best candidate to replace Lennon then it can only reflect badly on what names were on the short list and the ability of LD to identify the best candidate.

It does not help that he has had no budget to bring in his own players but being unable to build a side around SA reflects on his lack of managerial ability.

PERSEVERE may be my word this season.

Johnny_Leith
24-08-2019, 05:24 PM
I dont think his signings have the mentality to play for Hibs.

I don't think he has a clue about his best XI.

I don't think he's capable of having the players perform the way he wants.

I don't think we should persevere with him. I know it's early on but the positivity is dwindling rapidly.

Lennon had faults, but at least we went out to try and win the game. It's not the case with PH, unfortunately.

Speedway
St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright thought his side deserved more than just a point at Easter Road.

"I enjoyed the overall performance," he says. "I thought we were the dominant team.

"A point was the least we deserved, in fact, there's no question we should have got all three points.

"Fair play to Hibs, they got goals so deserved to go in front from that point of view, but we should have won the game comfortably. I thought we played some really good football."

Hibee Mac
I just worry that we've had a great chance to bring back Scott Allan and we look like wasting the opportunity. If we surround him with crap for his time here it will be a criminal waste.

NicosiaHibby
24-08-2019, 06:24 PM
Over from Cyprus for a week so this is the first time I have seen the team this season. Overall impression is disappointing bordering on worrying. The pace resembled walking football. Tbere appeared to be no urgency in the side and only Kamberi gets pass marks. Marciano had a nightmare and was fortunate to stay on the park. Middleton carved out space for himself in the first half and no one moved to give him an option. The defence is a diaster.
If there is a game plan then it is not obvious. There is a flatness about the team and the ground and it seems that it is not a happy place to be.

Radium
24-08-2019, 07:12 PM

https://youtu.be/8hfPez-J7rI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2019, 07:18 PM
I just worry that we've had a great chance to bring back Scott Allan and we look like wasting the opportunity. If we surround him with crap for his time here it will be a criminal waste.

He has a look at times of what am I doing here?

I also wonder if Hecky would have signed him given the choice?

I might be wrong

BlackSheep
24-08-2019, 07:31 PM
So what are you seeing that leads you to that view?

Certainly not enough to worry about and make that statement!!

Today was poor in the second half but the first half looked much better, there was more cohesion and better play.

Also if anyone thinks we look like relegation contenders then you’ll have to lump Aberdeen in their too... they’ve had a terrible start as well when it comes to performances.

SMAXXA
24-08-2019, 07:36 PM
I think some of our fans are sounding like a bunch of disrespectful idiots towards St Johnstone. They have had a difficult start and was clear they were fighting for their lives today and some have us with this entitlement that we should be pumping them silly. This a team we have always toiled against and regularly beat most teams over a season in our league. Am not saying we shouldn’t have ambition far from it but this sense of irrelevance towards them I think is poor. This isn’t to defend our issues we may have it’s a separate point I felt reading this site and on Twitter. We are Hibs no Man City.

Speedway
24-08-2019, 07:41 PM
I think some of our fans are sounding like a bunch of disrespectful idiots towards St Johnstone. They have had a difficult start and was clear they were fighting for their lives today and some have us with this entitlement that we should be pumping them silly. This a team we have always toiled against and regularly beat most teams over a season in our league. Am not saying we shouldn’t have ambition far from it but this sense of irrelevance towards them I think is poor. This isn’t to defend our issues we may have it’s a separate point I felt reading this site and on Twitter. We are Hibs no Man City.

This is the issue. Fans of our nearest competitors (sheep and yam) DO expect their teams to pump the likes of St.J whether they do or not.

They keep the heat on the team and the expectations high.

So should we.

Diclonius
24-08-2019, 07:43 PM

I don't care if this is the worst St Johnstone team in a century or the best St Johnstone team in a century. Hibernian Football Club SHOULD be beating St Johnstone, especially at home, nine times out of ten.

The fact that we continually struggle to beat them is symptomatic of our attitude and mentality as a football club.

SMAXXA
24-08-2019, 07:43 PM
This is the issue. Fans of our nearest competitors (sheep and yam) DO expect their teams to pump the likes of St.J whether they do or not.

So should we.

Doesn’t make their sense of entitlement to be right tho that’s my point

Unseen work
24-08-2019, 07:54 PM
St Johnstone aren’t mugs and always give us a game.

To expect to beat them without a shadow of doubt is delusional stuff. Throughout all levels of football especially in Scotland, the majority of the teams can beat anyone on their day never mind when it’s a team like St Johnston we are playing.

They work hard, get in your face and are physical, always has been the case. Beating teams like that is a lot more difficult than it sounds. I always found those games a lot harder than when teams allowed you to play.

wfortune
24-08-2019, 09:19 PM

To expect to beat them without a shadow of doubt is delusional stuff. Throughout all levels of football especially in Scotland, the majority of the teams can beat anyone on their day never mind when it’s a team like St Johnston we are playing.

They work hard, get in your face and are physical, always has been the case. Beating teams like that is a lot more difficult than it sounds. I always found those games a lot harder than when teams allowed you to play.Speaking to a saints season ticket holder before the game, he was expecting us to take goals of them because they are so poor.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Smartie
24-08-2019, 09:30 PM

You always expect a tough game against St Johnstone. When they lined up, I was surprised how many of them I recognised as I don't generally pay that much attention to teams other than Hibs. They had a good few experienced players who have been around the block and a few proper danger men.

I don't think it is disrespectful to St Johnstone to expect better than that second half. They tore us apart for 45 minutes and we could have had no complaints if we'd lost the game. Heckingbottom's comments were ridiculous, we were not unlucky to lose the equaliser we were lucky to go as long as we did without losing it before that.

I'll always expect us to have the better of a game against St Johnstone and I'll expect us to win more than we lose. I'll expect every game with them to be a tough encounter and will be delighted any time we get three points against them - as I would have been if we'd have managed to hold on today.

Paisley Hibby
24-08-2019, 09:38 PM

They work hard, get in your face and are physical, always has been the case. Beating teams like that is a lot more difficult than it sounds. I always found those games a lot harder than when teams allowed you to play.

I'm not bothered about St Johnstone, good luck to them. What bothers me is that Hibs didn't look like they had a clue what they were doing today. Sitting far too deep and no structure or strength to our midfield as far as I could see. That's nowt to do with who we were playing.

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 09:42 PM

Is it inaccurate?

Paisley Hibby
24-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Is it inaccurate?

Yes.

BlackSheep
24-08-2019, 09:44 PM
Is it inaccurate?

No it’s not, and Robertson actually piled the pressure on us with his poor performance. But we were poor in dealing with it anyway.

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 09:46 PM

Well said, our support are so entitled at the minute it is unreal.

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Yes.

So we haven’t been on the wrong decisions of 4 goals so far this season?

wookie70
24-08-2019, 09:52 PM
It’s so obvious that Allan needs to play in the middle. He wandered in once today and setup the goal. Build the team around him

What goal. The first was from a corner delivered from Mallan and Allan was off the pitch when we scored the second. No wonder fans get so excited about Allan when he is credited with every positive thing in the game.

He was woeful today. No effort whatsoever and miscontrolled the ball most of the time before giving up easy possession. I counted about 3 decent passes. David Grays injury could be apportioned of Allan not marking and walking over to the man who received the ball which should never had came to him if Allan shook a leg. He may not be a right midfielder but there was no excuse for that performance today and that goes for quite a few others like Horgan who was shocking when he came on.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2019, 10:49 PM
What goal. The first was from a corner delivered from Mallan and Allan was off the pitch when we scored the second. No wonder fans get so excited about Allan when he is credited with every positive thing in the game.

He was woeful today. No effort whatsoever and miscontrolled the ball most of the time before giving up easy possession. I counted about 3 decent passes. David Grays injury could be apportioned of Allan not marking and walking over to the man who received the ball which should never had came to him if Allan shook a leg. He may not be a right midfielder but there was no excuse for that performance today and that goes for quite a few others like Horgan who was shocking when he came on.

You’re right, sorry, he played Doidge through one on one and the goalie saved it

Paisley Hibby
24-08-2019, 10:53 PM
So we haven’t been on the wrong decisions of 4 goals so far this season?

If you don't mind, please read that quote again. It says the bad refereeing decisions were the reason we were poor. That's obviously inaccurate - our being poor is nothing to do with the refereeing decisions.

Real Emerald
24-08-2019, 10:57 PM

Exactly, if St Johnston had left with no points today they would have been robbed. The officials decisions however crucial to points would have papered over the cracks had we taken all 3 points. Embarrassing to suggest otherwise.

wookie70
24-08-2019, 11:03 PM
Exactly, if St Johnston had left with no points today they would have been robbed. The officials decisions however crucial to points would have papered over the cracks had we taken all 3 points. Embarrassing to suggest otherwise.

But if the officials got it right we would have beat St Mirren by 2 and St J by one goal. Not sure if their goal was offside though. Mind you the decisions we have had were nowhere near as bad as Rocky today who decided to anticipate a shot and let their scorer have the whole goal to aim for.

The Harp Awakes
24-08-2019, 11:05 PM

So should we.

So heartening to read your post. Hibs fans are too tolerant of p1sh and accept crap performances too often. If our standards were higher as a Club we would be in a better place.

Real Emerald
24-08-2019, 11:11 PM
But if the officials got it right we would have beat St Mirren by 2 and St J by one goal. Not sure if their goal was offside though. Mind you the decisions we have had were nowhere near as bad as Rocky today who decided to anticipate a shot and let their scorer have the whole goal to aim for.

I’m the first to berate the ridiculous decisions we get and have had this season but to excuse the inept performance today where St J definitely deserved at least a point and the inept performance v St Mirren and subsequent humiliation at Ibrox on refereeing decisions is deflecting the truth, painful as they are.

wookie70
24-08-2019, 11:32 PM
I’m the first to berate the ridiculous decisions we get and have had this season but to excuse the inept performance today where St J definitely deserved at least a point and the inept performance v St Mirren and subsequent humiliation at Ibrox on refereeing decisions is deflecting the truth, painful as they are.

Funny I always thought getting results while playing poorly was the sign of a good team. We were poor today in the second half and I agree that Saints deserved their point. However if the goal was offside it cost us two points regardless of the performance and would mean a decent start to the campaign.

Heck needs to find a system that works. We look like there are players to make a decent team but injuries are killing us and the midfielders are far too alike and lightweight. Lennon stumbled upon the 3-5-2 when SDG got injured two seasons back and Heck looks like he needs similar to happen or at least pick a team and stick with it to get some relationships forming on the pitch. It doesn't help when half teh substitutes he makes are to replace injured players.

Real Emerald
24-08-2019, 11:42 PM
Funny I always thought getting results while playing poorly was the sign of a good team. We were poor today in the second half and I agree that Saints deserved their point. However if the goal was offside it cost us two points regardless of the performance and would mean a decent start to the campaign.

Heck needs to find a system that works. We look like there are players to make a decent team but injuries are killing us and the midfielders are far too alike and lightweight. Lennon stumbled upon the 3-5-2 when SDG got injured two seasons back and Heck looks like he needs similar to happen or at least pick a team and stick with it to get some relationships forming on the pitch. It doesn't help when half teh substitutes he makes are to replace injured players.

We were awful today and gaining a point is papering over the cracks not a good team playing badly and getting a result. It’s not a one off either as it’s becoming the norm. I take no pleasure in saying this😕

SMAXXA
24-08-2019, 11:46 PM
Wonder if we will be a better team away from home this year until the players really settle in, less pressure away from home generally and teams will come out and play and open up a bit (ibrox and parkhead possibly the exceptions)

Real Emerald
24-08-2019, 11:49 PM
Wonder if we will be a better team away from home this year until the players really settle in, less pressure away from home generally and teams will come out and play and open up a bit (ibrox and parkhead possibly the exceptions)
We were the team backing off today, St Johnston pummelled us for most of the game. It was us parking the bus not the opposition as we couldn’t get out our own half. No idea where we needed them to open up, we didn’t try!

JimBHibees
25-08-2019, 07:33 AM
Hecky is going to get lots of stick for taking allan off today. I have no issue with that as he was very poor and offering little defensive cover although i have no idea why he was playing on the right in the first place.

Also, once he moved us into a 4231, why he moved vela, our only midfielder with any defensive qualities, up behind the striker and had slivka and mallan sitting deep is anyones guess. The little control we had of the game was lost at that point. Absolutely bizarre.

He has shot himself in the foot big time with those decisions and given ammunition to a support who were already starting to turn on him. Rightly or wrongly, i cant see him lasting based on the atmosphere today.

Agree Vela hasn't been great however he at least puts a foot in made no sense for Silvia and Mallan to be behind him. The amount of second balls we lost in the middle of the pitch near the end was shameful.

JimBHibees
25-08-2019, 07:35 AM

Defensively we look all over the place midfielders don't tackle or track runs. Defenders are second to the ball, get turned too easily and don't get close enough. Basics which don't really impact whether home or away.

DH1875
25-08-2019, 07:54 AM

We will draw plenty more games at home this season. His words, not mine.

B.H.F.C
25-08-2019, 08:18 AM

No sure about that. We’ve played three games away from home and won one. Drew against Stirling and lost six in the other.

I think we’ll be equally poor home or away but will pick up wins here and there on the basis that there are sides poorer than us in the league.

Johnny_Leith
25-08-2019, 08:30 AM

Did Lennon stumble on 3-5-2? My memory is Allan signed and his first game back was rangers at Ibrox? We had been 4-3-3 most of the season until that point but then he changed it to accommodate Allan in an attacking central role.

I remember because we had a radge back 3 that night of Porto, Efe - who was immense, and Stevenson. It seemed radge at the time as it was the first time wed properly done it.

And that depleted his team won at ibrox. Ah, how times have changed in such a short period of time.

Johnny_Leith
25-08-2019, 08:33 AM
Actually, I've that win at Ibrox was the catalyst for a great run of form and hecky would be well served to look at how many times Scott Allan was subbed throught that run 👀

wookie70
25-08-2019, 09:33 AM
Actually, I've that win at Ibrox was the catalyst for a great run of form and hecky would be well served to look at how many times Scott Allan was subbed throught that run 👀

Allan was substituted in 9 of those 12 games albeit late in most. The game at Ibrox was a formation bourne out of what players we had available. Given what we had the players and Lennon take great credit for the result but there is no danger that team or formation would have started with everyone fit.

thegaffer12
25-08-2019, 09:38 AM
We've now lost a last minute goal to St Johnstone in the past 3 seasons. 1-2 when Stokes scored a pen, 1-2 when Swanson missed his pen and yesterday.

Smartie
25-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Agree Vela hasn't been great however he at least puts a foot in made no sense for Silvia and Mallan to be behind him. The amount of second balls we lost in the middle of the pitch near the end was shameful.

It looked to me like we had Vela and Slivka playing further forward with Mallan in behind.

Mallan is the weakest link there, and he was the main reason we were being pulled to pieces. A decent defensive midfielder in there with those 2 in front and we'd have seen the game out.

Some folk would still be unhappy at us "seeing games out" but all that matters are the points.

J-C
25-08-2019, 12:14 PM
Did Lennon stumble on 3-5-2? My memory is Allan signed and his first game back was rangers at Ibrox? We had been 4-3-3 most of the season until that point but then he changed it to accommodate Allan in an attacking central role.

I remember because we had a radge back 3 that night of Porto, Efe - who was immense, and Stevenson. It seemed radge at the time as it was the first time wed properly done it.

And that depleted his team won at ibrox. Ah, how times have changed in such a short period of time.

Gray was injured and Boyle slotted into the wingback role quite well, we had Efe, Daz, Hanlon and Porteous all fit and playing fairly well and it suited us because we needed a system to play Flo and McLaren. As soon as Gray is fit we need to try and get Boyle in there too hence why 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 suits.

FilipinoHibs
25-08-2019, 12:16 PM
You’re right, sorry, he played Doidge through one on one and the goalie saved it

No Doidge fluffed his shot. Should have been two up.

monktonharp
25-08-2019, 12:26 PM
We've now lost a last minute goal to St Johnstone in the past 3 seasons. 1-2 when Stokes scored a pen, 1-2 when Swanson missed his pen and yesterday.not read through all the posts, but imho we were the team that stole a point yesterday. Saints were well up for the battle in the second half and won it . fortunately for us we got a point. Mallan contributed nothing bar a corner, Alllan was very poor but obviously should be playing in the middle. he maybe feels that he should be at the cetre of alls things, and if he does, I agree.