The feel good factor is dropping and fast
Tried to support him but he ain’t the man for Hibs
Hecky gtf

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Hopefully the ones booing subs can go with him. Pathetic support

AL-Qaholik
24-08-2019, 03:58 PM
He'll be gone very soon. His signings, on the other hand...
Worrying times ahead.

SlickShoes
24-08-2019, 03:59 PM
Get him out now
Hecky gtf

What feel-good factor? the one Lennon killed by going 16 games without a win?

There's not been a feel-good factor for ages, if we are in the bottom half after the first round of games, worry but so far all heckingbottom has done is get thumped by rangers and save our season last year.

Sir David Gray
Had enough now, sorry.

Not good enough.

SteveHFC
Going to be a long season. Get him to ****.

Hiber-nation
24-08-2019, 04:00 PM
The man is an imposter.

green day
24-08-2019, 04:00 PM
Remove him now.

vercol36
24-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Bunch of old ****** miserable c*nts on this thread

Northernhibee
24-08-2019, 04:01 PM

Yep.

h18eeynick
24-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Listened on Hibs TV audio and sounded as though we were under the cosh most of the second half and last ten minutes not able to keep the ball

shamo9
Shocking performance. We were hanging on and run ragged. The midfield setup was all wrong. Terrible.

calumhibee1

:agree:

Pretty Boy
24-08-2019, 04:03 PM
He seems a genuine sort, I'm 100% sure he's a good coach but I'm not convinced he's a manager.

Tommy Wright is under all kinds of pressure after the start they have had to the season, they are utter garbage and they were well worth their point today.

The rational part of me knows we don't really have any ground to sack him but my gut feeling is we need to be as ruthlessly decisive as Leeds and deal with our mistake early.

Carheenlea

Nobody was booing the subs - the ire was at the decision to take off Scott Allan.

Diclonius
The manager won't be gone any time soon - sacking him this early doesn't make sense. I'm not at all convinced but he still deserves another couple months at least to get it right.

The 90+2
It’s only a 2-2 draw unluckily. People need to chill.

calumhibee1
24-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Nobody was booing the subs - the ire was at the decision to take off Scott Allan.

They were also booing the other sub at the time (can’t actually remember who it was now).

J-C
Hasn't got a clue, to play Allan wide right then take him off was a disgrace, no fight, no pace, no press, zich. It's going to ba a long boring ****ing season.

sean04
Playing Scott Allan wise right is brain dead. Took him out the game. Raging with Hecky! Get a ****ing grip

broondog
24-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Said it when he joined he just didn’t feel right and he’s proving that now.awful manager who we need to remove ASAP.it was always going to come down to his signings this summer which have been garbage. Substitutions and starting line ups all over the place.we still have a week to go.if we can get him out today we can bring 1 or 2 quality players in which might just be enough to save the season.he should do the honorable things and walk. ********

Badge

Pish

Silky
Who comes in? And then who replaces them after 9 games?

Tricla
Hibs support is, and for the most part, always has been, the most fickle, most self loathing, predictable, moaning support ever.

Michael
No point changing manager now. A lot of money has been spent on bringing in Heckingbottom's squad - you've got to give him until December to see if he can work things out.

But, if there's no improvement by then you don't want to give him another transfer window.

Squirrel 1875
24-08-2019, 04:06 PM
People need to chill? The man has us playing absolutely terrible football and his luck has run out result wise.

MacGruber
What feel-good factor? the one Lennon killed by going 16 games without a win?

There's not been a feel-good factor for ages, if we are in the bottom half after the first round of games, worry but so far all heckingbottom has done is get thumped by rangers and save our season last year.

We have been very poor so far this season. Home games against St Mirren, Morton and St J. Football on show awful. St J were the better team from about 25 mins onwards. We scored our 2nd against the run of play.
Then, at home, we couldn't get the ball off them. Their equaliser was coming you knew it. 93 mins 40 secs on the clock and still know we are going to get done.

Horgan a few poor balls - left footed winger on the right. Allan not quoted, best midfielder, No. 10 playing on the right.

Today has done it for me - Heckingbottom out

leggeto

The SJ midfield done a job on Scott from the start, he couldn't get control of the ball.
Just looked very slow today with little energy showed

Squirrel 1875
No point changing manager now. A lot of money has been spent on bringing in Heckingbottom's squad - you've got to give him until December to see if he can work things out.

But, if there's no improvement by then you don't want to give him another transfer window.

Give him to December and we’ll be near the playoffs with poor crowds again. The man doesn’t get the club and is a perennial loser. Bye 👋🏿

1 8 7 5
He seems a genuine sort, I'm 100% sure he's a good coach but I'm not convinced he's a manager.

Tommy Wright is under all kinds of pressure after the start they have had to the season, they are utter garbage and they were well worth their point today.

The rational part of me knows we don't really have any ground to sack him but my gut feeling is we need to be as ruthlessly decisive as Leeds and deal with our mistake early.

Totally correct.

darwenhibby
24-08-2019, 04:07 PM

Well if you’re happy with this Tom Kite we are serving up then fine “gaun yersel”
But alarm bells are ringing here
He has just to the playing side of the club back years since the split
I have never openly criticised a hibs manager but this guy is clueless
Skelped 6 off the Huns 3 at home by Morton ffs and now this
Hecky our!!

BoyledEgg
24-08-2019, 04:07 PM
Lennon lost to St Johnstone at home last season and the football was even worse.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Pish

I’m usually one for jumping on a bandwagon too soon but this is mental.

truehibernian
24-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Got a point, but my word the football is eye bleeding and slow. That's bottom 6 or worse football. No belief, no desire, no work rate and terribly unbalanced in midfield. Zero pace or enthusiasm to get on that ball and make something happen - dreadful watching.

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Some of our fans are entitled as ****, that type of poison seeps through the club. Remember the days when we were horrific at home, I wonder why.... we weren’t that bad today and his subs made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pontius pilate
24-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Nothing absolutely nothing to do with players attitudes or professionalism at all? Where was the will to win the closing down the spaces in midfield the leaders on the pitch you know the guys who have been here and been playing for the club or are they immune to criticism. It seems to me like alot of people have the daggers out for PH but let's put it Into perspective AS failed to get us out of the championship granted we won the holy grail but if he hadn't delivered it would have been a failure. NL a 16 game winless run it's ok tho as he is a winner and lets face it some of his signings were duds as well. Maybe look at the players and not the manager all the time

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 04:10 PM
On way back from game...that was horrendous.

We have a massive problem.

Majority of fans don’t want him.
Players don’t look like they are enjoying the style of play / formation.
He’s making players like Allan look like poor players.
If we get a new manager he has to work with these signings-we said Lennon didn’t have balance - this team looks truly lost and full of individuals.

Worried - can’t actually remember the last time we played well.

Agree with others - he’s a nice guy but we need more than that.

Hibs90
24-08-2019, 04:12 PM

Spot on as always.

vercol36
Some of our fans are entitled as ****, that type of poison seeps through the club. Remember the days when we were horrific at home, I wonder why.... we weren’t that bad today and his subs made sense.

Absolutely. Folk going to the football, forgetting it’s all about a day out supporting your team. Expectations of Champions League winning fitba here

CMac1988
Hasn't got a clue, to play Allan wide right then take him off was a disgrace, no fight, no pace, no press, zich. It's going to ba a long boring ****ing season.

This is the most bewildering fact for me. We spent a fair amount of last season Lambasting Lennon's team selections with players playing out of position needlessly even taking injuries in to consideration. Heckingbottom comes in steadies ship and shows faith in the same players by playing them pretty much as is week in week out ultimately turning a bad season in to a somewhat positive one with a good run of games before the split.

Start of the new season with his own players in and he plays a midfield playmaker out wide, with a right midfielder sitting on the bench... I just can't fathom what his though process was for this decision. This is what lead to the booing (a discussion for another thread perhaps). Strange one.

TheMentalHibees
24-08-2019, 04:13 PM
Don’t like calling for a managers head, with loads of new signings there’s bound to be a bedding in period, but there’s been no signs of progress. If anything we’re getting worse. Made a rod for his own back with his chat about new levels of fitness and a high pressing game, starting to seem more like he can talk the talk but not walk the walk.

supermcginn
24-08-2019, 04:13 PM
The english pat Fenlon. Actually managed to make st johnstone look good. Hecky out.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2019, 04:14 PM

I don't think we were unlucky to draw today. St Johnstone would have plenty grounds to argue they were worth their point. How many saves did we force their keeper to make? How many clear cut chances did we create? They had more possession, more shots, more shots on target and the same number of corners.

pacoluna
24-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Lennon's fault

Deansy
24-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Sorry Hecky but that's it for me - an absolutely abysmal performance today !. Ok, certain players just aren't doing it but throughout the whole team there's no fight, no determination - St.Johnstone were bound to get a second, especially in the last 20-25 mins seeing as we took every opportunity to give Saints their ball back (none of our players wanted it !) and our defending consisting of marking their players but never actually tackling them !.

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 04:16 PM
Absolutely. Folk going to the football, forgetting it’s all about a day out supporting your team. Expectations of Champions League winning fitba here

That was awful today.

He has pretty much destroyed our support in only a few weeks.

That was the old relegation Hibs and we deserve better.

Diclonius
24-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Remember back in the Stubbs/Lennon days when we constantly won the ball in the middle of the park? I actually can't remember that happening once today.

Curried
Apart from Kamberi and Middleton, I thought we were very poor throughout.
The midfield had no drive, or dig, and the defense were at least a yard off the pace.
The Saints wingers were pretty good, but have a strong feeling that this will be a very long season unless there's a significant change in personnel.

PS I've only posted my thoughts on this thread as the mach-day thread was closed on me!

MikeyS
The SJ midfield done a job on Scott from the start, he couldn't get control of the ball.
Just looked very slow today with little energy showed

That's a load of pish, they didnt do a number on anyone. Our manager took him out the game by playing him wide.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 04:19 PM
I don't think we were unlucky to draw today. St Johnstone would have plenty grounds to argue they were worth their point. How many saves did we force their keeper to make? How many clear cut chances did we create? They had more possession, more shots, more shots on target and the same number of corners.

While I agree with the majority of that and why Allan is not in the middle is ****ing mental, it almost worked and we are unlucky not to be sitting on 6 points.

FitbaFolkKen
That was awful today.

He has pretty much destroyed our support in only a few weeks.

That was the old relegation Hibs and we deserve better.

Relegation Hibs? We were winning until the 94th minute.

The 90+2

It was a struggle with no tempo or shape but yeah, we should have won.

A Hi-Bee
24-08-2019, 04:20 PM

dont think anyone was that bothered wi the subs it was the fact that his selection never made any sense at all, Scott A. on the wing what the ****, then they booed when he subbed him, **** he was the man who put him there in the first place why not boo a *****y move by the manager.

hhibs
24-08-2019, 04:21 PM
Hibs support is, and for the most part, always has been, the most fickle, most self loathing, predictable, moaning support ever.

And ,with most reason.

Acceptable performance ,again,hell no.

Manager seemingly clueless,hell yes.

A Hi-Bee
24-08-2019, 04:22 PM
While I agree with the majority of that and why Allan is not in the middle is ****ing mental, it almost worked and we are unlucky not to be sitting on 6 points.

You dont get 3 points for almost, this was eye bleeding stuff make no mistake, the manager carries the can at the end of the game.

Pretty Boy

And not winning when the final whistle went. If they equalise in the 84th or 94th minute is absolutely irrelevant.

supermcginn

Cant get easier home games than st mirren and st johnstone and we were awful in both. Tactics and style of play are atrocious.

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Remember back in the Stubbs/Lennon days when we constantly won the ball in the middle of the park? I actually can't remember that happening once today.

Yup.

Our midfield don’t tackle.

We look unfit - unbalanced and certain players hiding.

Squirrel 1875
Lennon lost to St Johnstone at home last season and the football was even worse.

And he got sacked. Why do people who support Heckingbottom constantly bring up Lennon? No one is asking for him to come back.

Brooster
Damage limitation....sack him now. That was pathetic

J-C
We have been very poor so far this season. Home games against St Mirren, Morton and St J. Football on show awful. St J were the better team from about 25 mins onwards. We scored our 2nd against the run of play.
Then, at home, we couldn't get the ball off them. Their equaliser was coming you knew it. 93 mins 40 secs on the clock and still know we are going to get done.

Horgan a few poor balls - left footed winger on the right. Allan not quoted, best midfielder, No. 10 playing on the right.

Today has done it for me - Heckingbottom out

Horgan is a right footer btw, he play off the left as an inside forward

Squirrel 1875
24-08-2019, 04:24 PM
It was a struggle with no tempo or shape but yeah, we should have won.

We shouldn’t have won. We were terrible again.

Slim Shady
24-08-2019, 04:24 PM

its not the result. Even if we manage to scrape the win the performance is woeful.

Salisbury Hibby
24-08-2019, 04:26 PM
Hopefully the ones booing subs can go with him. Pathetic supportI don't think they were booing the subs coming on. Rather, they were displaying their displeasure at Doidge and Allan being taken off.

It was a very strange decision.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

itslegaltender
24-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Getting battered for the last 20 mins at home by St Johnstone is a disgrace. There is no cohesion out there and and it’s not just the new players.

I think he has vastly underestimated the kind of player to improve our club in this league. Signings, selection and tactics being found out. He’s out his depth.

Leith Green
24-08-2019, 04:27 PM
All im going to say is , that was piss poor... team and setup wrong yet again. That is a **** St Johnstone side and we looked worse. Team and manager look clueless

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Lennon's fault

Some people actually think that!!!

B.H.F.C
24-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Damage limitation....sack him now. That was pathetic

We should. We won’t.

We’ll trundle along, win a few games on the basis some teams are worse than us and lose more folk from the gate.

The reaction he got today, you don’t come back from.

Salisbury Hibby
They were also booing the other sub at the time (can’t actually remember who it was now).Slivka and Horgan came on. I don't think anyone was booing them at all. But let's turn on fellow supporters, eh?

FitbaFolkKen
dont think anyone was that bothered wi the subs it was the fact that his selection never made any sense at all, Scott A. on the wing what the ****, then they booed when he subbed him, **** he was the man who put him there in the first place why not boo a *****y move by the manager.

And he changed it at 1-0 up as we were getting overrun in midfield. I suspect he tried to shoehorn him into the team because he is a fans favourite and realised it wasn’t working.

BoltonHibee
24-08-2019, 04:30 PM
**** him off. He is no manager. He lasted 4 months at Leeds when he was found out.

Coach, maybe...never a manager.

I think it’s plain for all to see, get shot now and give us a fighting chance for a top six finish.

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 04:30 PM
its not the result. Even if we manage to scrape the win the performance is woeful.

Yup.

At 2-1 I said do Saints deserve a point and they did.

Can hardly remember so few shots on target during a home game.

It feels like a loss - the team / shape / individuals and manager doing stupid things like playing Allan our wide really are making this very depressing watching this team.

Bangkok Hibby
24-08-2019, 04:31 PM

I have some experience with the Ross County fans...they take some beating...but...

Salisbury Hibby
It’s only a 2-2 draw unluckily. People need to chill.We were fortunate not to lose today.

BoomtownHibees
And he changed it at 1-0 up as we were getting overrun in midfield. I suspect he tried to shoehorn him into the team because he is a fans favourite and realised it wasn’t working.

Just bring Horgan on for Doidge and put Allan in the middle. We ended up with Vela the furthest forward out of the midfielders, exactly where Scott A should have been

The 90+2
Cant get easier home games than st mirren and st johnstone and we were awful in both. Tactics and style of play are atrocious.

True 👍

FitbaFolkKen
And not winning when the final whistle went. If they equalise in the 84th or 94th minute is absolutely irrelevant.

Not really, the timing of goals dictates the dynamic of the game. They equalised we changed the way we played and got ahead again. 94th minute doesn’t give you that chance.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 04:32 PM
We were fortunate not to lose today.

But should have won.

Bobo
That was pathetic today against a team who are amongst the favourites for relegation.
Whether it's arrogance, ignorance or incompetence; Heckinbottom's not the right man and has to go.

Tactically we are a shambles, too soft and slow and we are far too content to concede space and possession to the opposition. Yet, he doesn't learn and still persists game after game with the same dross!

It's going to be a long hard season with this clown at the helm, get him to **** now and do us all a favour.

FitbaFolkKen
Horgan is a right footer btw, he play off the left as an inside forward

He was terrible when he came on. That 3v2 break we had where he left the ball behind then passed it to their defender was absolutely woeful.

eastmainsmsh
24-08-2019, 04:33 PM
criminal should be going for the kill after 2nd goal mallan imposter again

Onion
24-08-2019, 04:34 PM
PH is finished already. The only formality left is to remove him from the building.

James70
24-08-2019, 04:35 PM
According to the stats we were well outplayed, lower possession, far fewer shots and fewer shots on target. Against a team we should be beating.

FitbaFolkKen
Just bring Horgan on for Doidge and put Allan in the middle. We ended up with Vela the furthest forward out of the midfielders, exactly where Scott A should have been

Maybe, but look at how many posts on this forum alone say we can’t play Allan and Mallan together. He’s stuck between a rock and a hard place.

He needs to smash Hearts and punch Levein in the pus in the next derby to have any hope of winning the majority of our fans round.

Last Minute

Get a grip eh , they were booing SA getting taking off. The guy is clueless and bottom 6 here we come .

Marvellous
24-08-2019, 04:38 PM
Get a grip eh , they were booing SA getting taking off. The guy is clueless and bottom 6 here we come .

That's obviously what he was referring to.

Turkish Green
24-08-2019, 04:38 PM
I was so glad when RG came in with STF and RP leaving. It is time to totally remove the legacy of Petrie with RG bringing in his own man as manager. Heck was the cheap option to replace Lennon. Best replace him now before it is too late and end up in a relegation battle.

St Johnstone are a poor team this season but were unable to best them at home is a sign that something is fundamentally wrong.

TheCabbage
24-08-2019, 04:39 PM

Yeah that was just baffling.

Peevemor
24-08-2019, 04:43 PM
I was so glad when RG came in with STF and RP leaving. It is time to totally remove the legacy of Petrie with RG bringing in his own man as manager. Heck was the cheap option to replace Lennon. Best replace him now before it is too late and end up in a relegation battle.

St Johnstone are a poor team this season but were unable to best them at home is a sign that something is fundamentally wrong.Brilliant! Everyone accepts that Leeann's the boss until something goes wrong, then it's back to Petrie.

SingaporeHibs
24-08-2019, 04:45 PM

Thats where I am. We should of won that game today which would have made me feel slightly better but the Football is awful. Truly dull approach to the game again. No pace, no pressure, no excitement at all. Really dire to watch.

hfc-1875
24-08-2019, 04:47 PM
I’ll be honest I was at the game today and at 2-1 one up I was thinking what are people moaning about when were winning? But ending up a draw with a hopeless St. Johnstone side just isn’t good enough. And having spoke to a couple of mates who were at the game and said it was that bad there would probably have been a couple of boo’s at full time even if we had won 2-1. We are in for a long hard season.

Bobby's Cinema
24-08-2019, 04:48 PM
We went up the park once when we were forced to take the game to them and scored a good goal straight away.

Then went back into our defensive shell.

The squad is better than they are being set up at the moment.

Still hoping and waiting for the manager to learn

crash
24-08-2019, 04:48 PM

Are you serious, we sat in our own half most of the game and let the opposition dictate the play- something that we do on a weekly basis now, so that is down to the manager.
His Subs made sense????- He made a ridiculous double substitution leaving us with no subs with half an hour to go when Marciano had already been booked, and you think that makes sense!!!

goosefat
24-08-2019, 05:04 PM
Get him out now
Hecky gtf

Learnt nothing from failing to hold on to a lead last week.

Talks the talk but can't walk the walk.

Robbo6-2
24-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Eye bleeding since he arrived.

Get him to ****. Terrible negative manager.

Playing our best player totally out of position give him the hook at 58mins and then Vela playing in the number 10 role wtf was that all about.

Really strange decisions. Hes got to go.

OP is bang in, enough is enough

Torto7
24-08-2019, 05:10 PM
I've seen enough of him now and I've lost all faith that he'll be able to improve the team. The way teams just push our midfield back gives me the fear.

St Johnstone should never come to Easter Road and dominate like that. Utter Pish. He needs to go.

Clarence
24-08-2019, 05:11 PM
I don't think they were booing the subs coming on. Rather, they were displaying their displeasure at Doidge and Allan being taken off.

It was a very strange decision.

I think that was his “playing Kevin McCann at centre half” moment and Heckinbottom will have lost the good will of a lot of fans through making that substitution.

RoxburghHibs
24-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Been sticking up for Hecky until now. He has to go - shame as thought he was going to be a very good manager.

hibeerealist
24-08-2019, 05:14 PM

Predictable p I sh from happy clappers!

Hibs support is as loyal as you will find anywhere, most teams would have next to zero support after what we have had to endure, Christ blame the fans again

hibeerealist
24-08-2019, 05:16 PM
They were also booing the other sub at the time (can’t actually remember who it was now).

No they were not, they booed the decision to take off Scotty

Cabbie1875
24-08-2019, 05:22 PM

No way!!!

We booed Hecky as he took the best player we have by a country mile off!! Cmon, hes cluless, time to go imo

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 05:22 PM
Are you serious, we sat in our own half most of the game and let the opposition dictate the play- something that we do on a weekly basis now, so that is down to the manager.
His Subs made sense????- He made a ridiculous double substitution leaving us with no subs with half an hour to go when Marciano had already been booked, and you think that makes sense!!!

You just said we sat in and let them dictate play, at 60 minutes we put an extra man in midfield in an attempt to take control of that space. Of course it makes sense. Whether it worked or not is a different argument.

Hiber-nation
24-08-2019, 05:23 PM

Through year after year of abysmal managerial appointments and dreadful signings (mostly) from 2008 till the inevitable relegation I'd say our fans are among the most tolerant.

Cabbie1875
24-08-2019, 05:23 PM
That was ****ing awful today, no heart, no fight no passion, he plays our best player out of position and we needvto watch the guy struggle?? Clueless!! Time to go

Cabbie1875
24-08-2019, 05:24 PM
Through year after year of abysmal managerial appointments and dreadful signings from 2008 till the inevitable relegation I'd say our fans are among the most tolerant.

Correct

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 05:26 PM
You just said we sat in and let them dictate play, at 60 minutes we put an extra man in midfield in an attempt to take control of that space. Of course it makes sense. Whether it worked or not is a different argument.

It made little sense to take Allan off when it was obvious that he should have went into the middle with Horgan out wide for Doidge.

MWHIBBIES
No way!!!

We booed Hecky as he took the best player we have by a country mile off!! Cmon, hes cluless, time to go imo

They booed him because he took of Scott Allan who was poor. This season Kamberi has been our best player.

we are hibs
Expecting more than a 2-2 draw against a side celtic smashed 7 past and lost to forfar in the cup is apparently entitlement now 😂

Baffling and dismal lack of standards.

Robbo6-2
24-08-2019, 05:27 PM
His post match comments are horrific.

He wasn't sure there was a rule in taking Scott Allan off

Tyler Durden
24-08-2019, 05:30 PM
They booed him because he took of Scott Allan who was poor. This season Kamberi has been our best player.

Yes, Allan was poor but that was due to playing out of position. Which was totally inevitable. If the manager wanted to play 4-4-2 he should have had the balls to drop Allan entirely.

To leave Vela in that role and remove Allan was crazy and it played out exactly as people expected. Vela was lucky if he touched the ball 3 times in the last 20 minutes.

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Through year after year of abysmal managerial appointments and dreadful signings (mostly) from 2008 till the inevitable relegation I'd say our fans are among the most tolerant.

Fully agreed.

We deserve better and we have had a shocker here.

Manager and assistant need paid off.

His 9 players also - some of them on 3 year deals!

Lago
24-08-2019, 05:36 PM
**** him off. He is no manager. He lasted 4 months at Leeds when he was found out.

Coach, maybe...never a manager.

I think it’s plain for all to see, get shot now and give us a fighting chance for a top six finish.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is he not employed as a coach as the Hibs set up does not have a managerial position. Even Neil Lennon was a coach.

hibeerealist
24-08-2019, 05:39 PM

What?

Why post this?

hibeerealist
24-08-2019, 05:42 PM

Agreed that was my take on the game St J were not lucky to get a draw. Don't know what game some of the folk on here watched today

Speedway
24-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but is he not employed as a coach as the Hibs set up does not have a managerial position. Even Neil Lennon was a coach.

As Stubbs said ‘give me any title you want, as far as I’m concerned I’m the manager’

A Hi-Bee
24-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Fully agreed.

We deserve better and we have had a shocker here.

Manager and assistant need paid off.

His 9 players also - some of them on 3 year deals!

As the title says,
Bring Alan Stubbs back to Hibs, see if we can get the other two to agree to join him, at least it was never boring wi Stubbsy as the main man.

H18S NX
24-08-2019, 05:46 PM
The fitba on display was absolutely dire,enough is enough,i honestly can't see it improving anytime soon.

Golden Bear
24-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Been sticking up for Hecky until now. He has to go - shame as thought he was going to be a very good manager.

I'm in the same camp. The football is absolutely dire and Heckie has absolutely no idea what his best team is or for that matter the formation he wants to play.

Its early days but its worrying days.

Golden Bear
24-08-2019, 05:51 PM
The fitba on display was absolutely dire,enough is enough,i honestly can't see it improving anytime soon.

😄

Just used exactly the same words and never even read your post.

Squirrel 1875
24-08-2019, 05:53 PM
His post match comments should be a sackable offense. Having a go at the fans for having ambitions of out playing St Johnstone at home and then saying we are a point closer to where we want to be. Unbelievable.

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2019, 05:54 PM
Vela was lucky if he touched the ball 3 times in the last 20 minutes.

Didn’t touch it much more than that over the 90.

He took a couple of passes in the second half, can’t remember him doing anything else.

He offers nothing and yet it’s Mallan who is taking the stick. Baffling.

scooby
24-08-2019, 05:54 PM
I'm not renewing for next season if Hecky is still here, I enjoy watching my kids games more than this pish.
Slow and boring, is not the hibs way.
Get him out now!

Leith Green
24-08-2019, 05:59 PM
Didn’t touch it much more than that over the 90.

He took a couple of passes in the second half, can’t remember him doing anything else.

He offers nothing and yet it’s Mallan who is taking the stick. Baffling.

Mallan had been far worse over a far longer period of time

DTS
24-08-2019, 06:00 PM
I’ve tried to be the biggest happy clapper so far this season but that today was a disgrace. 3 shots on target against St Johnstone?

Why change the front 3 and midfield that scored 5 goals last week?
Why play Scott Allan at right mid in front of an unfit David Gray?
Why think Vela is better than Allan in the 10?
Why insist on playing David Gray it’s just wasting a sub?

An absolute shambles that was one of the worst performances at ER for a while. He’s lost the fans and that 9/10 goes one way. I thought he was a good tactition and the change from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 at the time made sense but don’t take your best player of the park to do so.

I think we should cut our loses and let him go, is there much justification for it on paper? Not really but we’ve been garbage on the park. Two tough away games followed by a derby unless he goes unbeaten in these winning one of the away games and the derby then he’ll be away.

Right now I can’t see him making the international break in September never mind October

emerald green
24-08-2019, 06:06 PM
Liam Craig provided the pass for O'Halloran's goal, and St J's Second equaliser came from a corner from Danny Swanson... :rolleyes:

Are some of Hibs recent signings better than Craig and/or Swanson? There was no sign of it on the pitch at ER today.

supermcginn
24-08-2019, 06:13 PM
I'm not renewing for next season if Hecky is still here, I enjoy watching my kids games more than this pish.
Get him out now!
He wont be here at xmas dont worry. South stand shut today wont go unnoticed as well as the fans reaction and performance.

Hi Heid Yin
24-08-2019, 06:14 PM

Constantly referring to Lennon is irritating and totally irrelevant to what we are witnessing under Heckingbottom.

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 06:14 PM
I'm in the same camp. The football is absolutely dire and Heckie has absolutely no idea what his best team is or for that matter the formation he wants to play.

Its early days but its worrying days.

I’m usually very positive. I didn’t boo today but that was so bad to watch.

The only plan I see is playing is hit the strikers and work off that with round the corner flicks and hope it comes off. That worked once around the 60 min mark.

The non existent midfield is doing nothing to protect our dodgy back 5.

Gray and Stevenson aren’t anywhere near fully fit - chucked in at deep end.

Our midfield rarely tackle - just watch them. Remember SJM / Dylan and Bartley.

We have limited protection in front of the back 4 hence teams creating and scoring goals against us.

We don’t even look that fit - pressing is hard when fit but we can’t press when players aren’t fit and sit so deep. We also gave away so many fouls as not sharp enough to the ball.

He doesn’t know his best team and only positive I can see is he has got Flo playing well but everyone else is struggling.

Play players in their position..mallan and Allan..but this is a problem in itself as very similar and no protection behind and oddly we have brought another attacking midfielder ?!!

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Liam Craig provided the pass for O'Halloran's goal, and St J's Second equaliser came from a corner from Danny Swanson... :rolleyes:

Are some of Hibs recent signings better than Craig and/or Swanson? There was no sign of it on the pitch at ER today.

Said this too.

Craig was no where near Hibs level several years ago s

Today he made a great pass for goal and was one of the best midfielders out there.

Nicho87
24-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Won’t be many fans there then. All the signs are there. He should be building a team round our best player not playing him out of position

07BigD
24-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Hopefully the ones booing subs can go with him. Pathetic supportThe booing was for taking Scott Allan off.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

greenlex
24-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Still should be afforded time but that second half in particular was an absolute shambles. Unless Allan needed to be replaced it was a shocking decision. Played out right and largely ineffective. Mallan should have made way for Horgan and Allan shifted through the middle. Bizarre.
Heckingbottom will live or die by these decisions but that was dire.

BoyledEgg
24-08-2019, 06:24 PM
Constantly referring to Lennon is irritating and totally irrelevant to what we are witnessing under Heckingbottom.

There’s people on this thread referring to players that were at Hibs a long time before Lennon was at Hibs, so what’s the problem with comparing this seasons results to last seasons results? If you are irritated by it then ignore it.

Dalkeith Boy
24-08-2019, 06:25 PM
I remember at work when the Company said all the right things yet things were miserable.....a colleague told me to believe what you see NOT what you are told....and what I see from these players right now is nothing ..absolutely nothing......Hecky certainly can speak but what I see is awful....we are in big big trouble ........already!!

Nicho87
24-08-2019, 06:26 PM
https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hibernian/news/paul-heckingbottom-angst-of-fans-spread-to-the-players_369150.html

hecky blaming us.

sorry if already posted

get this clown out our club

vercol36
24-08-2019, 06:26 PM
What?

Why post this?

To make a point about our fans being moaning *******s. Any other elementary things I can explain for you?

Baader
24-08-2019, 06:27 PM
Had to win today. Not good enough. It's only a matter of time before he goes one way or the other as it isn't working.

The Green Goblin
24-08-2019, 06:28 PM

And then we weren’t.

GreenCastle
Do we think he still has the dressing room?

Players don’t look like they are enjoying how we play. Several looks to the dugout during game.

Have the new guys come in and caused issues ? Some 3 year contracts making players very comfortable.

Every new player says Hecky sold him the club etc.

Is Stockdale also to blame? He was a failure at Sunderland.

Franck Stanton
It would appear Hecky has/is losing the fans at the moment. Better be careful, if we have a couple of bad performances and results, then don't compete in the derby, he will be out the door as the fans will vote with their feet and stop attending.

Unseen work
24-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Do we think he still has the dressing room?

Players don’t look like they are enjoying how we play. Several looks to the dugout during game.

Have the new guys come in and caused issues ? Some 3 year contracts making players very comfortable.

Every new player says Hecky sold him the club etc.

Is Stockdale also to blame? He was a failure at Sunderland.

I think he 100% has the backing of the players, they all speak very highly of him.

Players need to take responsibility, they can do all the work they like in the training ground but the goals were conceded are amateur at best or individual errors, there’s not much he can do from the side to change that.

Hi Heid Yin
24-08-2019, 06:31 PM
There’s people on this thread referring to players that were at Hibs a long time before Lennon was at Hibs, so what’s the problem with comparing this seasons results to last seasons results? If you are irritated by it then ignore it.

Equally you could ignore my comment.

Speedway
24-08-2019, 06:32 PM
Even the HibsTV boy (not Cliff) sounds like he’d had enough in that interview with the manager.

leggeto
24-08-2019, 06:32 PM
That's a load of pish, they didnt do a number on anyone. Our manager took him out the game by playing him wide.

2 SJ players shut him down whenever he got close the ball so they did do one on him, he should be AM but he wasn't, for some reason only hecky will know but I hope he's realised that now

BoyledEgg
24-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Equally you could ignore my comment.

You’re comment didn’t irritate me 🤷🏻*♂️

The Green Goblin
24-08-2019, 06:34 PM
We were fortunate not to lose today.

This - we were battered in the 2nd half.

emerald green
24-08-2019, 06:35 PM
Heckingbottom only lasted about 10 games at Leeds Utd I think I read somewhere. If Hibs play like they did today for another 10 games or so, he will have to go.

Nine new signings and we are a shambles. Some of those signings just don't look good enough to compete with the likes of St Johnstone, never mind those teams in the top six.

WoreTheGreen
24-08-2019, 06:37 PM
Even the HibsTV boy (not Cliff) sounds like he’d had enough in that interview with the manager.

3 league games in sad to say looking forward to the end of the season.PH might be a nice guy but looks completely out his depth were going backwards at a fast pace

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 06:46 PM
If you play well you get left out team.

1st game..Slivka came on and changed game.
2nd game.. Kamberi dropped for Ibrox
3rd game..Fraser Murray dropped out squad after doing well last week.

His comments before Huns game saying they hadn’t changed much.
High pressing (non existent) and high energy levels - we look slow and lethargic. No coincidence we play faster and score.

GreenOnions
24-08-2019, 06:47 PM
The decision to take off our best player at the very moment you're changing the formation to one which is ideally suited to Scotty playing in his best position was a terrible one.

It actually really worries me that he thought that was even close to a wise decision. I am now much more concerned about the rest of the season as a direct result.

Jim44
24-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Quandary. Do I really want to see Hibs in the search for another manager at this early stage of the season? No! Do I think PH is the man to see us challenge for 3rd or 4th! Not remotely. Do I think he will take us back to the championship? No. Should we settle for a boring survival in the middle of the table? May he. I just don’t see where we’re heading.

hibeerealist
24-08-2019, 06:55 PM
I think he 100% has the backing of the players, they all speak very highly of him.

Players need to take responsibility, they can do all the work they like in the training ground but the goals were conceded are amateur at best or individual errors, there’s not much he can do from the side to change that.

Players are not not going to say he is s h I te publicly are they!!

Silky
24-08-2019, 06:56 PM
His post match comments are horrific.

He wasn't sure there was a rule in taking Scott Allan off

Why horrific. We are entitled to our opinion in terms of the sub, he is entitled to his. We can criticise the players and manager and express our frustration when he can't? Fans accept it when managers praise them for their support post match. When the shoe is on the other foot....

Fergos
24-08-2019, 06:59 PM
There is little chance the board will act - unless there is a change in direction at the behest of new owners and act quickly.

The football is poor, results so far patchy. Lost count the amount of times PH has set us up poorly and had to change it, and changes like today won’t help his cause. Essentially moving our best player from his best position, who scored last week to accommodate Mallan.....well.

My biggest fear post the rangers game was how early in the season a complete collapse happened and it saw us for what we are, a team of no leaders, he hasn’t signed one leader amongst the new players.

Hard times.

GGTTH

emerald green
24-08-2019, 07:04 PM
Quandary. Do I really want to see Hibs in the search for another manager at this early stage of the season? No! Do I think PH is the man to see us challenge for 3rd or 4th! Not remotely. Do I think he will take us back to the championship? No. Should we settle for a boring survival in the middle of the table? May he. I just don’t see where we’re heading.

The bit in bold. Hibs are heading backwards.

Speedway
24-08-2019, 07:05 PM

We’re heading for mediocreville on the express train with a one way ticket with DullRail.

BoltonHibee
24-08-2019, 07:10 PM

Neil Lennon is a manager, dress it up how you want but he’s a manager ( good or bad) Heckingbottom is a coach nothing more nothing less.

We need a manager first and foremost, he will bring his coaching staff with him.

If we don’t have a manager, who picks/ runs the team?

BoltonHibee
24-08-2019, 07:11 PM
As Stubbs said ‘give me any title you want, as far as I’m concerned I’m the manager’

Absolutely

Onion
24-08-2019, 07:13 PM
Any manager taking the best player at the club off after 60 mins and then publicly blaming the fans for losing goals has no future. It's exactly the kind of stuff you'd expect from Calderwood. Horrific.

Heckingbottom needs to sort himself out quickly or he'll be booted out of ER. We've had our fill of crap managers in recent years and no tolerance of this kind of nonsense.

BoltonHibee
24-08-2019, 07:13 PM
Get him out now!

I’ve got two S/T’s. I’m not arsed if I go to a game or not at the minute. I am sure that there are many like us unfortunately. Wild horses wouldn’t drag me to watch the utter pish that’s on show.

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 07:28 PM
There is little chance the board will act - unless there is a change in direction at the behest of new owners and act quickly.

The football is poor, results so far patchy. Lost count the amount of times PH has set us up poorly and had to change it, and changes like today won’t help his cause. Essentially moving our best player from his best position, who scored last week to accommodate Mallan.....well.

My biggest fear post the rangers game was how early in the season a complete collapse happened and it saw us for what we are, a team of no leaders, he hasn’t signed one leader amongst the new players.

Hard times.

GGTTH

Next 3 games to save his Hibs manager career.

A poor derby display which is very possible and watch the crowds dwindle.

scooby
24-08-2019, 07:33 PM
We’re heading for mediocreville on the express train with a one way ticket with DullRail.

Completely agree mate, never been so bored at football as I am at the moment. We need to throw him off the train.

flash
24-08-2019, 07:35 PM
I’ve got two S/T’s. I’m not arsed if I go to a game or not at the minute. I am sure that there are many like us unfortunately. Wild horses wouldn’t drag me to watch the utter pish that’s on show.

At least you have a top drawer alternative right in your town.

MikeyS
24-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Any manager taking the best player at the club off after 60 mins and then publicly blaming the fans for losing goals has no future. It's exactly the kind of stuff you'd expect from Calderwood. Horrific.

Heckingbottom needs to sort himself out quickly or he'll be booted out of ER. We've had our fill of crap managers in recent years and no tolerance of this kind of nonsense.

I feel his post match comments about the sub will be his 'go to the cinema/bag of sweeties' moment. Will take a lot for some to warm to him now.

Lago
24-08-2019, 07:43 PM
Neil Lennon is a manager, dress it up how you want but he’s a manager ( good or bad) Heckingbottom is a coach nothing more nothing less.

We need a manager first and foremost, he will bring his coaching staff with him.

If we don’t have a manager, who picks/ runs the team?

Then you need to talk to L D and convince her to change the current Hibs set up.

Lago
24-08-2019, 07:45 PM
:greengrin

scooby
24-08-2019, 07:45 PM
His post match interview on HTV is incredible. Blames everyone except himself and thinks that it's not as bad as the players think as we're a point closer to where we want to be.
He openly admits that his aim was to hang on to the lead, but we didn't quite manage it. Really! Defend a 1 goal lead for half an hour against a crap St Johnstone team at home.
If that's the extent of his ambition we're Donald Ducked.

emerald green
24-08-2019, 07:46 PM

Being at ER today was almost like being back in the "bad old days" of Butcher/Malpas, or Calderwood.

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 07:51 PM
https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hibernian/news/paul-heckingbottom-angst-of-fans-spread-to-the-players_369150.html

hecky blaming us.

sorry if already posted

I said this earlier, booing players who could make an impact is ridiculous. Aye I don’t want Allan to come off, but I definitely want Horgan to feel like a world beater coming on. Give him a big cheer and back the team.

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 07:52 PM
And then we weren’t.

Hardly relegationstuff though

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 07:53 PM

Kamberi was the best player by miles, Allan was ineffective

BoltonHibee
24-08-2019, 07:54 PM

Stupid ****ing post, wtf has that got to do with anything? Half wit

CloudSquall
24-08-2019, 07:57 PM

hecky blaming us.

sorry if already posted

""We are drawing at home and we will draw many more at home this season, without a doubt.""

1988 called, they want Alex Miller back.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Hardly relegationstuff though

Yes it is.

Remember we drew with Stirling Albion in the league cup.

Have a deek at Stirling Albion and how they have done so far.

There’s been no convincing performance since god knows when possibly March to say anything otherwise it’s looking like a bottom six battle.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 07:58 PM

You’re feeding the troll and it will result in you getting a warning or such.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2019, 08:00 PM
His post match interview on HTV is incredible. Blames everyone except himself and thinks that it's not as bad as the players think as we're a point closer to where we want to be.
He openly admits that his aim was to hang on to the lead, but we didn't quite manage it. Really! Defend a 1 goal lead for half an hour against a crap St Johnstone team at home.
If that's the extent of his ambition we're Donald Ducked.

I absolutely get why you would want to defend a lead with say 10-15 minutes to go. If you go all out for another goal and concede you get slaughtered.

However we actually started fairly brightly today and probably just about deserved our lead. There was even evidence of the oft quoted but little seen high press. Then we scored and it just stopped. Was one enough? Did the players panic and start sitting off? Where they instructed to do so? I'd argue if we kept playing the way we had been, even with all the issues we'd be sitting here 'moaning' about a victory by a couple of goals, again.

That 2nd half performance was dire and the level dipped long before the sub and subsequent booing. Maybe some fans need to take a look at themselves but the blame for today doesn't lie with them.

vercol36
24-08-2019, 08:01 PM

Christ.

FitbaFolkKen
Yes it is.

Remember we drew with Stirling Albion in the league cup.

Have a deek at Stirling Albion and how they have done so far.

There’s been no convincing performance since god knows when possibly March to say anything otherwise it’s looking like a bottom six battle.

Aye one swallow doesn’t make a summer, Stirling Albion was a one off. When we beat Hearts in April I thought we were on course for disaster.... sorry that’s outwith your March parameters.

Our budget is 5th, ergo we will probably float between 4th and 8th. The issue is people can’t accept that success is not the norm.

heretoday
If we get biffed by Hearts he'll have had it.

flash
24-08-2019, 08:10 PM

It was a joke.

flash
24-08-2019, 08:11 PM
You’re feeding the troll and it will result in you getting a warning or such.

Really.

Hale Hibby
24-08-2019, 08:12 PM
We’ve played only three league matches this season and already people are calling for the Heck to be dismissed. Unbelievable. A win today would have put us joint top [ before tomorrow’s matches]. The manager has brought in a number of new players and it will take time before they are fully up to speed. Let’s get real and let’s get behind the team.

Robbo6-2
24-08-2019, 08:13 PM
We’ve played only three league matches this season and already people are calling for the Heck to be dismissed. Unbelievable. A win today would have put us joint top [ before tomorrow’s matches]. The manager has brought in a number of new players and it will take time before they are fully up to speed. Let’s get real and let’s get behind the team.

The definition of a delusional happy clapper

Robbo6-2
24-08-2019, 08:16 PM
I absolutely get why you would want to defend a lead with say 10-15 minutes to go. If you go all out for another goal and concede you get slaughtered.

However we actually started fairly brightly today and probably just about deserved our lead. There was even evidence of the oft quoted but little seen high press. Then we scored and it just stopped. Was one enough? Did the players panic and start sitting off? Where they instructed to do so? I'd argue if we kept playing the way we had been, even with all the issues we'd be sitting here 'moaning' about a victory by a couple of goals, again.

That 2nd half performance was dire and the level dipped long before the sub and subsequent booing. Maybe some fans need to take a look at themselves but the blame for today doesn't lie with them.

It wasnt just the 2nd half, from 30mins onwards we totally sat off them

The 90+2
Aye one swallow doesn’t make a summer, Stirling Albion was a one off. When we beat Hearts in April I thought we were on course for disaster.... sorry that’s outwith your March parameters.

Our budget is 5th, ergo we will probably float between 4th and 8th. The issue is people can’t accept that success is not the norm.

We didn’t beat Hearts convincingly, and they were utter pap too.

Stirling Albion wasn’t a one off. There was the struggle against Alloa the humiliation at Ibrox and the extra time calamity against Morton before today. The team is weak. The HC is to blame for that. Hecky going on about the home crowd today - well what’s the excuse at Forthbank or Ibrox?

Hibernia&Alba
He's on thin ice. It feels like he's only one bad result away from the fans completely turning on him. I can't justify sacking a manager this early into his tenure, but I do fear this will only end one way. He must find a marked improvement quickly, if he's to last.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Really.

You trolled the poster to get a reaction. Yep, really.

Stokesy's on fire
24-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Who comes in? And then who replaces them after 9 games?

Thats one for dempster to sort out

James70
24-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Michael Stewart was on the radio completely bemused at Scott Allan playing wide, he also said it was quite a boring game.

Stokesy's on fire
24-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Hopefully he his emptied first thing Monday morning

Pretty Boy
24-08-2019, 08:21 PM
It wasnt just the 2nd half, from 30mins onwards we totally sat off them

Yep that's what I said. After we scored we sat off them and stopped pressing.

Crab apple
24-08-2019, 08:22 PM

We’ve lost 11 goals in these last three games. And not looked remotely like a team with purpose or style. Only three of his signings started today.

flash
24-08-2019, 08:25 PM
You trolled the poster to get a reaction. Yep, really.

It was a joke. Nothing more, nothing less.

Badge
24-08-2019, 08:26 PM
I’m usually one for jumping on a bandwagon too soon but this is mental.

Team selection poor, Scott Allan wide right?
Substitutions, Scott Allan off?
You agree with that?

neil7908
24-08-2019, 08:29 PM
He's on thin ice. It feels like he's only one bad result away from the fans completely turning on him. I can't justify sacking a manager this early into his tenure, but I do fear this will only end one way. He must find a marked improvement quickly, if he's to last.

Agree. We might do OK league position wise this season but that will only be due to the fact Aberdeen, Hearts and Killie are all poor. I fear for us against the Old Firm, we could end up on the receiving end of a few doings.

No chance of a decent cup run and if we did make it into Europe, we'd be getting smashed by the first half decent team that we came across.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 08:30 PM
Team selection poor, Scott Allan wide right?
Substitutions, Scott Allan off?
You agree with that?

I more than agree with it mate. We should have held on for the win though and it would have been somewhat justified. I’ve lost my **** and came to the conclusion it’s not going to work before today but you can’t call for a manager to go because we drew in the last minute. I

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 08:30 PM
It was a joke. Nothing more, nothing less.

👍 probably wrong thread to post it on maybe. Emotions are running high and it can’t be good being a Bolton fan the now either.

Badge
24-08-2019, 08:31 PM

Shoehorn him into the team?
He should be building the team round him not trying to find a place for him

Mango Man
24-08-2019, 08:41 PM
I can't believe so many folk want him out already!!

It's only fair we judge him on this season, as it's now pretty much his team, 3 games in, a win, loss and a draw, and through to the quarter finals of the cup, obviously the performances have not been brilliant, but he needs time, we've already had a load of injuries to contend with, so have not really played the same 11, and we have a bunch of new players to settle in as well.

Getting rid now would be crazy IMO, a new manager wouldn't really have anytime to get his own team in etc, doesn't make sense at all.

flash
24-08-2019, 08:50 PM
👍 probably wrong thread to post it on maybe. Emotions are running high and it can’t be good being a Bolton fan the now either.

I know. Our problems are just that we are poor. Theirs run a bit deeper.

Calidad
24-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Wanting him out is one thing. Replacing him with someone ‘better’ is another.

MrSmith
24-08-2019, 08:51 PM
I am as peed off as the rest however, I haven’t called for him to be sacked because, what next? We are right back in the cycle of rubbish. Anyone failing to see this needs to have a word.

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2019, 08:54 PM
I can't believe so many folk want him out already!!

It's only fair we judge him on this season, as it's now pretty much his team, 3 games in, a win, loss and a draw, and through to the quarter finals of the cup, obviously the performances have not been brilliant, but he needs time, we've already had a load of injuries to contend with, so have not really played the same 11, and we have a bunch of new players to settle in as well.

Getting rid now would be crazy IMO, a new manager wouldn't really have anytime to get his own team in etc, doesn't make sense at all.

I also can't support sacking him this early, as said above, but he needs to find a big improvement; at the moment we look lost as a team. I want to see much better in the coming weeks.

supermcginn
24-08-2019, 08:56 PM
I am as peed off as the rest however, I haven’t called for him to be sacked because, what next? We are right back in the cycle of rubbish. Anyone failing to see this needs to have a word.
The only thing rubbish is this manager, most of his signings, tactics, and style of play. Crowds will plummet under this clown.

we are hibs
24-08-2019, 08:57 PM

We already are.

S4uzee
24-08-2019, 08:58 PM
I just don’t see any improvement in any signings, the midfield is overrun most games and we don’t really create chances which just becomes very boring.

We’ve also signed these players on 3 year deals and if a new manager was to come in he’d be stuck with them. I just hope we’re not going through one of our ‘bad cycles’ and it goes back to what it was like 5 years ago with low crowds, little excitement and rolling over to the old firm/hearts at Easter road

wearethehibs
24-08-2019, 08:58 PM
No reading every comment but I can't believe a few games into a season folk are calling for the manager to go.

Modern day football fans for you. Just want instant success. Don't understand it takes a bit of time to build a team.

Oh and let's not even mentioned we have only lost one competitive game this season.

Just calm down ffs

MrSmith
24-08-2019, 09:00 PM
I just don’t see any improvement in any signings, the midfield is overrun most games and we don’t really create chances which just becomes very boring.

We’ve also signed these players on 3 year deals and if a new manager was to come in he’d be stuck with them. I just hope we’re not going through one of our ‘bad cycles’ and it goes back to what it was like 5 years ago with low crowds, little excitement and rolling over to the old firm/hearts at Easter road

We are going through another of our bad cycles, that much is evident.

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2019, 09:02 PM

How’s that then?

Maybe we find another Stubbs or Lennon? There are plenty better managers out there.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Who’s to say another HC would get better out the new guys also? Same Hecky that ruined Flo out left last season and done similar to Allan today.

Sammy7nil
24-08-2019, 09:04 PM
If we get biffed by Hearts he'll have had it.

Nine out of ten Derbies are a battle right now we don't have enough players up for the battle. The only ones I would trust are Lewis DG Hanlon Darren all the old stagers who are leaking goals. Yikes !

bigswissstriker
24-08-2019, 09:05 PM
Get him out. Atrocious

One Day In Time
24-08-2019, 09:09 PM

Spot on. The levels of hysteria are unbelievable. We have a strong squad better than everyone apart from Celtic and Rangers and on a par with the Dons and them across the road.

Still confident we’ll finish in third

mcfly
24-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Spot on. The levels of hysteria are unbelievable. We have a strong squad better than everyone apart from Celtic and Rangers and on a par with the Dons and them across the road.

Still confident we’ll finish in third

Finish 3rd. Behave yourself.

That’s not going to happen. Get real.

This manager needs removed and soon.

The football on offer is dull and boring.

Franck Stanton
24-08-2019, 09:13 PM

On the new players needing time to gel point. At start of game today he had three players in the team that he signed , three. Last year hertz had 9 in their starting line up & were setting the Heather on fire until Naismith got injured and the wheels fell off. Did they need time to gel? He paid £300 k for Doidge. Why? We have enough bench warmers. Today he played 4 4 2, for first time this season, didn't work. Scott Allan is an a/ m NOT a right winger ffs. Becky needs to take a long hard look at his tactics, settle on a plan going forward and implement it because we are like a rudderless ship. As has been said already on the thread, lose the derby & the fans will turn on him completely.

Jonnyboy
24-08-2019, 09:21 PM
""We are drawing at home and we will draw many more at home this season, without a doubt.""

1988 called, they want Alex Miller back.

I saw him before the game. He was on his phone - probably telling Hecky to make sure he had eleven men back at a corner

GreenLake
24-08-2019, 09:25 PM
Missed this game which would seem fortunate from the posts on this thread. Hopefully things will change soon one way or another.

One Day In Time
24-08-2019, 09:26 PM

Three league games in with what 9 new signings to bed in? Really don’t get why folks expect things to click into shape so quickly. We’ve got a better more balanced squad.

Aberdeen are no great shakes, then across the road have strikers that don’t score and give 3/4 year deals to cripples,

Keep the faith and give the man a chance to gel the squad

One Day In Time
24-08-2019, 09:27 PM
On the new players needing time to gel point. At start of game today he had three players in the team that he signed , three. Last year hertz had 9 in their starting line up & were setting the Heather on fire until Naismith got injured and the wheels fell off. Did they need time to gel? He paid £300 k for Doidge. Why? We have enough bench warmers. Today he played 4 4 2, for first time this season, didn't work. Scott Allan is an a/ m NOT a right winger ffs. Becky needs to take a long hard look at his tactics, settle on a plan going forward and implement it because we are like a rudderless ship. As has been said already on the thread, lose the derby & the fans will turn on him completely.

On Doidge. That big huddy at Aberdeen started off really badly. The manager and fans stuck with him and he’s done alright

Northumberland
24-08-2019, 09:32 PM
I saw him before the game. He was on his phone - probably telling Hecky to make sure he had eleven men back at a corner

I'm really struggling to get my head around all the negativity. It seems to me that theres a bit of a bandwagon jumping thing going on. I'm not saying that I'm Heckingbottoms greatest fan,but I do think we have a strong squad and I really do believe that we'll get better. To compare these times to the bag of sweeties guy and Butcher is way off the mark In my opinion.

Carheenlea
24-08-2019, 09:32 PM
Three league games in with what 9 new signings to bed in? Really don’t get why folks expect things to click into shape so quickly. We’ve got a better more balanced squad.

Aberdeen are no great shakes, then across the road have strikers that don’t score and give 3/4 year deals to cripples,

Keep the faith and give the man a chance to gel the squad

There wasn’t 9 new signings in the starting line up - maybe 4, but the squad is far from being more balanced as you feel in my view. The fact Heckingbottom is struggling to play Allan in his strongest and most effective position suggests to me the squad is anything but well balanced in our favour.

Speedway
24-08-2019, 09:33 PM
I'm really struggling to get my head around all the negativity. It seems to me that theres a bit of a bandwagon jumping thing going on. I'm not saying that I'm Heckingbottoms greatest fan,but I do think we have a strong squad and I really do believe that we'll get better. To compare these times to the bag of sweeties guy and Butcher is way off the mark In my opinion.

What do you see in the team and manager that gives you the impression that we’re going to improve?

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 09:35 PM
We didn’t beat Hearts convincingly, and they were utter pap too.

Stirling Albion wasn’t a one off. There was the struggle against Alloa the humiliation at Ibrox and the extra time calamity against Morton before today. The team is weak. The HC is to blame for that. Hecky going on about the home crowd today - well what’s the excuse at Forthbank or Ibrox?

Our home crowd today took me back to when we were *****. My point was we beat Hearts outwith that March deadline.

Results have been ok we just need a battling win against a **** of an opponent to spark the fans.

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 09:36 PM
Shoehorn him into the team?
He should be building the team round him not trying to find a place for him

He didn’t sign him, Flo is the guy to build round.

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Get him out. Atrocious

But Flo you are on the up[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

FitbaFolkKen

Get real? It’s the guys opinion

Nicho87
Seen a post on twitter few weeks back and it’s so true.

not one single game so far under hecky have I left thinking wow, what a great game, we are some team.

now for fans saying the win at Tynie, we were awful the first half.

i got that under Stubbs and certainly Lennon.

there is a massive spark missing currently and the manager is the extinguisher

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Just realised I replied to four in a row, think there is a massive overreaction on here [emoji45]

Fife-Hibee
24-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Was saying to the old man at 2-1 as we were leaving on 90 minutes that it didn’t feel like a win.

The overall quality and shape of our team is so poor and to take our foot off the gas like that in the final 10 minutes or so is simply unforgivable. Our 2 goals were gift wrapped for us. We won’t score more easily this season.

Somethings got to change. Heckys a survivor not a thriver.

Lago
24-08-2019, 09:40 PM
The Miller years, my father in law and I use to leave ER pretty pleased if we got a draw, unfortunately now we live in an era of instant gratification.

tooley
24-08-2019, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=MWHIBBIES;5902097]Hopefully the ones booing subs can go with him. Pathetic
I’m not one to boo players, but observing today I think your missing the point, without condoning the booing it was the choice of subs and not the players coming on that the booing was directed at.

Northumberland
24-08-2019, 09:44 PM
What do you see in the team and manager that gives you the impression that we’re going to improve?

I like Heckingbottom, when we won at Tynecastle,not so long ago,he was the main man. I didnt believe that hype,especially,pretty much the same as I dont believe the negative hype now. I think hes a good guy, he cares and wants to be here and I firmly believe that we will come good,as it's a good squad,in a pretty poor league.

Nicho87
24-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Just realised I replied to four in a row, think there is a massive overreaction on here [emoji45]

Naw, there isn’t.

Tyler Durden
24-08-2019, 09:47 PM
The Miller years, my father in law and I use to leave ER pretty pleased if we got a draw, unfortunately now we live in an era of instant gratification.

Those halcyon days. Are we meant to be grateful to watch this rubbish?

More games like today and St Mirren, even if we win, will drive thousands of fans away and I wouldn’t blame them.

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Naw, there isn’t.

2-2 with St Johnstone, 1 defeat in 9, i beg to differ.

andybev1
24-08-2019, 09:50 PM

Sounds better when you do not say the teams we beat are mostly in lower leagues

Nicho87

Deluded

Speedway

No excitement in 13.

No clue/system in 7.

Swedish hibee
24-08-2019, 09:51 PM
I have faith!

Whataball
24-08-2019, 09:51 PM
I rarely post so expect this to go unnoticed. At what point in the last 50 years were we a shoe in for the points? I'm not suggesting that we've been brilliant recently but hounding the management at this point?

Lago
24-08-2019, 09:53 PM
Those halcyon days. Are we meant to be grateful to watch this rubbish?

More games like today and St Mirren, even if we win, will drive thousands of fans away and I wouldn’t blame them.
Only you can decide what you want to do, I can't help you in that respect, I've seen in 40 years of supporting, good Hibs teams, mediocre & down right bad. I tend to mainly watch my local junior club these days, hard working semi pros, enjoyable.
Currently watching MoTD, excellent.

broondog
24-08-2019, 10:00 PM
I’ll be honest I was at the game today and at 2-1 one up I was thinking what are people moaning about when were winning? But ending up a draw with a hopeless St. Johnstone side just isn’t good enough. And having spoke to a couple of mates who were at the game and said it was that bad there would probably have been a couple of boo’s at full time even if we had won 2-1. We are in for a long hard season.

I was booing,not ashamed of it.that was a ****ing disgrace

Fife-Hibee
24-08-2019, 10:23 PM
I rarely post so expect this to go unnoticed. At what point in the last 50 years were we a shoe in for the points? I'm not suggesting that we've been brilliant recently but hounding the management at this point?

Failures of the past don’t justify failures of the present. People are sick fed up of a club of our size and infrastructure not being able to put out a competent team and performance against wee outfits.

sauzee6_2
24-08-2019, 10:26 PM
Today was my final straw...

I love Hibernian FC, however today was awful!

Paul Heckingbottom, if you read this, please just go!

The atmosphere was toxic, tactics were woeful and more of a concern was that the feel good feeling is well and truly gone!

The whole stadium knew St Johnstone would equalise today - that makes the managers incompetence more frustrating.

Personally, I want him out....before it’s too late!!

24-08-2019, 10:27 PM
ok

bawheid
24-08-2019, 10:27 PM
Thanks for that.

Franck Stanton
24-08-2019, 10:28 PM

How about new year's day 1973 at swiney? Even before the game kicked off pundits were expecting us to win by at least 6 goals to go top of the league.

Rumble de Thump
24-08-2019, 10:33 PM
Failures of the past don’t justify failures of the present. People are sick fed up of a club of our size and infrastructure not being able to put out a competent team and performance against wee outfits.

St Mirren, Sevco or St Johnstone?

StevesFamau5
24-08-2019, 10:33 PM
Ok.... Well bye then.

Has he gone yet?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
24-08-2019, 10:38 PM
Didn’t enjoy it today, but will never give up. Still looking forward to Fir Park next week and hopefully a more positive outcome. Poor today, but endured far worse over the years..