PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: STADIUM ENTRY

RSS Bot
24-08-2019, 12:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10243)

Malthibby
24-08-2019, 12:34 PM

Decent acknowledgement, here's hoping it's sorted.
GG

DarlingtonHibee
24-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Hope it all goes well

H18 SFR
24-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Oh the joys, arrived nice and early to be told my season ticket is 'blocked''.

It's absolutely piss poor what's still going on.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2019, 01:21 PM
Hope it all goes well

It won’t

**it isn’t

Wheat Hound
24-08-2019, 01:21 PM
No turnstiles currently working in the east and everyone being scanned in by stewards with handheld scanners.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2019, 01:23 PM
No turnstiles currently working in the east and everyone being scanned in by stewards with handheld scanners.

Again. There’s a shock.

SteveHFC
24-08-2019, 01:25 PM

And Hibs telling fans to be there 75 mins before kick off because they know it’s still a shambles.

Arch Stanton
24-08-2019, 01:26 PM
"we’re confident we have done all we can to rectify last week’s shortcomings."

To me that reads like it is as good as it gets - hopefully not.

douglashibs
24-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Glad I came early. Took ages to scan me and son in, with lots of staff standing around looking puzzled.

Stoney Hibee
24-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Glad I came early. Took ages to scan me and son in, with lots of staff standing around looking puzzled.

I arrived at East 1420, no turnstiles open at all, just stewards with hand held scanners at exit doors.

matty_f
24-08-2019, 01:35 PM
West stand wasn’t great either. Turned up early, told to queue at a turnstile that doesn’t lead to our seats, then got scanned through by hand at our original turnstile.

That said, for all it was a bit of farting about, we weren’t more than a couple of minutes waiting.

oneone73
24-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Same in West Upper at 2.30. How much did we pay for this system?

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 01:40 PM
Just entered East Stand and I’m sure some of the club staff (Laura Montgomery) we’re taking season tickets and scanning them by hand instead of the machine.

No queues but wonder what we will do going forward as this new system as demonstrated several times isn’t fit for purpose.

Callum7
24-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Oh the joys, arrived nice and early to be told my season ticket is 'blocked''.

It's absolutely piss poor what's still going on.

Think that might’ve happened to mine, but they just took it away and got someone else to try for a few minutes before letting me in.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Hand held scanners in the FF upper again today.

I hope Hibs are being well compensated for this.

Jumbo
24-08-2019, 01:44 PM
FF upper was hand held scanner as well !

Chorley Hibee
24-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Why are they still not opening all the turnstiles at the back of the East?

hibee_girl
24-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Only a few turnstiles open at east and they all had hand scanners.

What a joke it’s still not working. Next home game is the derby, hope to god they’ve got it sorted by then.

Keith_M
24-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Well, looks like they still haven't got them working

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-08-2019, 01:58 PM
Boys in front of me got told their ticket hasn't been scanned and to go to another turnstile only to be told that the ticket had scanned already.

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2019, 01:59 PM
Went to scan mine and a hand appeared and did it for me. West upper.

Ryan91
24-08-2019, 03:01 PM
Boys in front of me got told their ticket hasn't been scanned and to go to another turnstile only to be told that the ticket had scanned already.

Seems like some are scanning but there is no notification to the user and the turnstile remains locked, I had the same experience last week and ended up getting scanned in at one of the exits

GreenCastle
24-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Fans in a bad mood before they even enter the stadium..

Club needs to sort this once and for all.

2 or 3 games issues but still issues.

Nicho87
24-08-2019, 06:27 PM
Like our current team and manager

FAULTY

ancient hibee
24-08-2019, 06:47 PM
In the West,where the turnstiles are in twos ,every second one was closed.Going for a drink just before half time half the hot water taps wouldn’t produce any water.Since the close season the complacency throughout the club has been mind boggling and is going to be punished next year when season tickets go on sale.

Power
24-08-2019, 07:01 PM
I’m so disappointed and more this hasn’t been fixed yet. The club knows but it’ll be on my feedback again.

I would urge to keep to handscanning (in ALL turnstiles) for the immediate short period as it’s quicker than the current unpredictable system.

Keith_M
24-08-2019, 07:07 PM
I’m so disappointed and more this hasn’t been fixed yet. The club knows but it’ll be on my feedback again.

I would urge to keep to handscanning (in ALL turnstiles) for the immediate short period as it’s quicker than the current unpredictable system.

Did you know that even some of the tickets bought from the ticket pods didn't work?

Power
24-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Did you know that even some of the tickets bought from the ticket pods didn't work?

Didnae ken that Keith. Which stand?

I’ll follow that up.

Johnny Clash
24-08-2019, 07:12 PM
I say keep employing people on the turnstiles!.
The new system is a joke so let a few folk earn some wages - community spirit and all that!

.Louise.
24-08-2019, 07:14 PM
My ticket scanned no problem, nephew was next, it appeared like his ticket scanned as the display showed GO but turnstyle wouldn’t move then it looked like the software crashed. He had to go out and in the open door to the side where guy there was trying to send him to the TO. Finally got him in after other steward came over and said to let him in.

Keith_M
24-08-2019, 07:23 PM
Didnae ken that Keith. Which stand?

I’ll follow that up.

In the East Stand.

Chorley Hibee
24-08-2019, 09:00 PM
In the West,where the turnstiles are in twos ,every second one was closed.Going for a drink just before half time half the hot water taps wouldn’t produce any water.Since the close season the complacency throughout the club has been mind boggling and is going to be punished next year when season tickets go on sale.

Every second turnstile at the East Stand closed too.

overdrive
24-08-2019, 09:02 PM
Only one turnstile open at the FF Upper East side. The stewards ended up telling folk to go through the disabled entrance in the FF Lower as it was taking too long.

Onceinawhile
24-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Turned up to FFL at about half past.

Went in through either 25 or 26. Software had crashed and me and the boys were manually scanned through.

Pointless.

Hibeesforever
24-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Turned up to FFL at about half past.

Went in through either 25 or 26. Software had crashed and me and the boys were manually scanned through.

Pointless.
I said the same to my son, what is the point of scanning automatically if someone has to use a hand held scanner...pointless!

24-08-2019, 09:27 PM
I said the same to my son, what is the point of scanning automatically if someone has to use a hand held scanner...pointless!

The hand held scanners are the back up and shouldn't be required if the club can get the scanners working the way they should.

What I don't understand is not having all turnstiles opened and opened early. That's the easy bit and I don't see any reason not to at least do that.

Albanian Hibs
24-08-2019, 09:38 PM
Our tickets scanned fine today and we turned up at 2.50pm. Only issue I had was my 8 year old had his small bottle of costco water taken out his bag by one of the security only for the contents to be poured into a plastic cup?? It was 23c and what's the point of pouring it in a large plastic cup?

PaulSmith
24-08-2019, 09:38 PM
Still not good enough. It’s now nearly September and the next home game is a powder keg v Hearts. 50% of turnstiles today in the east. weren’t open as the club couldn’t trust the automatic entry system. That’s 8-9 weeks to get it right and it appears that it cannot be trusted so the club have reverted to having stewards using hand held scanners.

Someone within Hibs is responsible for the relationship with Ticketmaster and the general Operations. Like the first team coach they seem unqualified and this questions the ability of the persons employing them

24-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Our tickets scanned fine today and we turned up at 2.50pm. Only issue I had was my 8 year old had his small bottle of costco water taken out his bag by one of the security only for the contents to be poured into a plastic cup?? It was 23c and what's the point of pouring it in a large plastic cup?

You're not allowed to take in bottles that's why. What's the problem with them pouring it into a cup? Sounds like they were being quite helpful.

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Poor

snedzuk
24-08-2019, 11:50 PM
The hand held scanners are the back up and shouldn't be required if the club can get the scanners working the way they should.

What I don't understand is not having all turnstiles opened and opened early. That's the easy bit and I don't see any reason not to at least do that.

Bizarrely - I dont think they can open the turnstiles unless they have someone to scan tickets at them because the scanners are so obviously not working - a completely pointless exercise this 'upgrade'.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2019, 11:54 PM

There seems to be a general malaise about the place both on and off the pitch which is difficult to understand.

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2019, 11:57 PM
There seems to be a general malaise about the place both on and off the pitch which is difficult to understand.
Would it be your own business Hutchy?

Serious question

Real Emerald
24-08-2019, 11:58 PM

They didn’t even have ball boys/ girls on the East Stand first half, the cutbacks have no limits!

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-08-2019, 12:01 AM
Would it be your own business Hutchy?

Serious question

I would like to think not. I'm beginning to wonder what our new owner's motivation is/was for investing though.

Eyrie
25-08-2019, 10:17 AM
They didn’t even have ball boys/ girls on the East Stand first half, the cutbacks have no limits!

Very noticeable when St Johnstone had a free kick near the corner flag. The ball had been booted up to halfway and there were no ball boys to retrieve it, which suited St Johnstone's game plan of slowing everything down.

That cost them in the end as there was only one team likely to get a winner if there had been another five minutes.

Sir David Gray
25-08-2019, 10:24 AM

Plastic bottles have been prohibited in Scottish football grounds for years. I thought everyone knew that.

25-08-2019, 10:25 AM

Where we're they? Being played out of position at the West Stand?

H18S NX
25-08-2019, 10:25 AM
Everything about the club is a total shambles just now.

cabbageandribs1875
25-08-2019, 10:29 AM
Everything about the club is a total shambles just now.

it is indeed :agree:

McD
25-08-2019, 10:30 AM
My ticket scanned no problem, nephew was next, it appeared like his ticket scanned as the display showed GO but turnstyle wouldn’t move then it looked like the software crashed. He had to go out and in the open door to the side where guy there was trying to send him to the TO. Finally got him in after other steward came over and said to let him in.

Thats pretty concerning, when an adult and a Child (your nephew isn’t necessarily a child of course) can be separated, and often a large crowd of people around them on either side of the turnstile

wookie70
25-08-2019, 10:47 AM
I arrived about 2.40 and there was a largish queue at the West Upper Dunbar End. There are 4 Turnstiles and all looked like they were broken as entry was through the opening where the turnstile operator used to sit with a steward hand scanning tickets. I'll make a point of being very early for the next game

bingo70
25-08-2019, 10:59 AM
What was wrong with the turnstiles last season?

wookie70
25-08-2019, 11:10 AM

Nothing I can remember. I think the change was to enable more digital tickets. That was working before the update albeit unofficially. (you could scan the barcode stored on a mobile.

hibeejeebies
25-08-2019, 12:12 PM
Where we're they? Being played out of position at the West Stand?

🤭

Johnny Clash
25-08-2019, 02:14 PM

Looks like we’ve changed from bar codes to QR codes (a square with wee black shapes) . Ironically enough, QR stands for Quick Response!

cabbageandribs1875
25-08-2019, 02:28 PM
hand scanner guy : it just won't scan mate
me: look i just reprinted it this morning so it should be fine
hand scanner girl: the barcodes are gone now it's QR codes instead
me: but i just resent it from the ticket line so i could print it out, it's the clubs fault :grr:
hand scanner girl : takes ticket away to check with a supervisor, comes back and explains that ticket was for the st.mirren game :faf:
me: after muchos apologising and a red coupon :embarrass:whistle: oh look, there's a QR code on my phone as well
hand scanner girl, hand scanner guy and myself have a little chortle at my stupidity

message to all print at homers....it's the QR code from now on :)

WhileTheChief..
25-08-2019, 02:30 PM
^^Brilliant!!!

MSK
25-08-2019, 02:32 PM
me: but i just resent it from the ticket line so i could print it out, it's the clubs fault :grr:
hand scanner girl : takes ticket away to check with a supervisor, comes back and explains that ticket was for the st.mirren game :faf:
me: after muchos apologising and a red coupon :embarrass:whistle: oh look, there's a QR code on my phone as well
hand scanner girl, hand scanner guy and myself have a little chortle at my stupidity

message to all print at homers....it's the QR code from now on :)Qualty D 😆👍

BT58
25-08-2019, 02:58 PM

message to all print at homers....it's the QR code from now on :)
Jeezo D, time to leave technology to the young uns....:na na::na na::na na:
B

hibbyfraelibby
25-08-2019, 03:35 PM

It is against the law to take any bottle in and has been for 20+ years. The ground rules tell you, the programme tells you. You see them being confiscated every flaming week but there is always the one who has a pop at the club about a law they cannot change because they're "special". The club didnt confiscate your drink they decanted it.

I appreciate the frustration with the shambles on an off the pitch but make sure its justified when you have a pop and not your own failings to blame.

Albanian Hibs
25-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Plastic bottles have been prohibited in Scottish football grounds for years. I thought everyone knew that.

Sorry but not everyone is clued up on the goings on at all scottish stadiums like you obviously are 👍

Scouse Hibee
25-08-2019, 03:44 PM
Sorry but not everyone is clued up on the goings on at all scottish stadiums like you obviously are 👍

No but most are 👍

Albanian Hibs
25-08-2019, 03:46 PM
It is against the law to take any bottle in and has been for 20+ years. The ground rules tell you, the programme tells you. You see them being confiscated every flaming week but there is always the one who has a pop at the club about a law they cannot change because they're "special". The club didnt confiscate your drink they decanted it.

I appreciate the frustration with the shambles on an off the pitch but make sure its justified when you have a pop and not your own failings to blame.

Wasnt having a pop at the club. Just thought the security were a wee bit over the top with my laddie is all. He had his hands in his bag which was on his back before I had a chance to say yes. As I said above, never taken a plastic bottle before, I must walk in stadiums with my eyes closed.

Albanian Hibs
25-08-2019, 03:47 PM
No but most are 👍

Good for you 👍

hibbyfraelibby
25-08-2019, 03:48 PM
Wasnt having a pop at the club. Just thought the security were a wee bit over the top with my laddie is all. He had his hands in his bag which was on his back before I had a chance to say yes. As I said above, never taken a plastic bottle before, I must walk in stadiums with my eyes closed.

The last statement Is spot on as there are signs every where and searches on the way in. Nothing new. Age doesnt come in to it

Sir David Gray
25-08-2019, 04:09 PM

Great, now you are. :aok:

goosefat
25-08-2019, 04:27 PM

Is it just me or have they removed that news story from the website? I can't find it anywhere in the news section.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Only half the turnstiles open in the West and all had stewards with handheld scanners. Took ages to get in.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Is it just me or have they removed that news story from the website? I can't find it anywhere in the news section.

Aye, just clicked the link and its been taken down for some reason. :confused:

Golden Bear
25-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Only half the turnstiles open in the West and all had stewards with handheld scanners. Took ages to get in.

It took me 5 mins to get in and that was about 2.40.

goosefat
25-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Aye, just clicked the link and its been taken down for some reason. :confused:

It's almost like they're trying to half hide the fact that they've made a Jeremy Hunt of the scanning system this season.

The fact that it's the only news story removed from the website makes them look even more ridiculous.

Shower of....

Hermit Crab
25-08-2019, 05:05 PM
It's almost like they're trying to half hide the fact that they've made a Jeremy Hunt of the scanning system this season.

The fact that it's the only news story removed from the website makes them look even more ridiculous.

Shower of....

They've got 4 weeks to get it sorted before the next home game. Surely a month is plenty time to resolve it. :confused:

GreenCastle
25-08-2019, 05:08 PM
They've got 4 weeks to get it sorted before the next home game. Surely a month is plenty time to resolve it. :confused:

They have had a whole summer to sort it.

Basically 3 months since end of the season.

goosefat
25-08-2019, 05:18 PM

Mate, this is Hibs we're talking about...

The Captain....
25-08-2019, 05:27 PM
It's clear the system does not work. Get the company who installed it back and get it removed and replaced. In the meantime more handheld scanners.

Two questions for the excellent fans rep Power who has listened and taken our feedback to the club

Who are the company we brought in to implement this new system?

Who at Hibs was tasked with managing this project and is being walked all over by a failing contractor? They have to go.

No.more.pissing.about.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
25-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Good for you 👍

And now you 👍

No need to be so serious.

Scouse Hibee
25-08-2019, 05:30 PM

Arrived at 2.30 and in within a couple of minutes.

hibbyfraelibby
25-08-2019, 05:43 PM

No they dont. They have the Scotland's Women qualifier them the Ladies Champions League.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2019, 05:48 PM
No they dont. They have the Scotland's Women qualifier them the Ladies Champions League.

For which they'll only open the west yeah? Still ample time to resolve it.

Baldy Foghorn
25-08-2019, 05:53 PM
It's been a farce at all home games thus far, next home match is derby, I fear it won't go well

hibbyfraelibby
25-08-2019, 05:55 PM
For which they'll only open the west yeah? Still ample time to resolve it.

Eh...naw.

Togs91
25-08-2019, 06:01 PM
As much as it is a burden, to myself especially as a previous poster mentioned about getting seperated, i take my 3 year old and would dread to leave him for more than the 2 seconds it takes me to get in on his own. Hed be nicking scran, the works... anyway surely hibs can only take blame to a certain point? They have been sold a system that supposedly works, are continuing to try and fix the situation,but really are tied by a company. Playing devils advocate here i know, but are the company who install/design the system able to simulate all turnstiles being in use at once for a capacity crowd, or are they just turning up, having a look at the system and saying aye alls fine, you'll be sound for the next game? I don't believe it is due to a lack of attempt by the club to sort this situation out, or major issues behind closed doors. As with the food contract, the amount of complaints that have gone through the representatives and various other channels, again are we not tied to a contract with a ***** catering company,who probably know that after this year they are getting the punt so have just given up?

cabbageandribs1875
25-08-2019, 09:48 PM
Qualty D ����

:greengrin

Jeezo D, time to leave technology to the young uns....:na na::na na::na na:
B

cunny funt :greengrin

hibee_girl
30-08-2019, 06:45 PM
All seems to be working well for tonight’s game at Easter Road. Can only see the east stand but it doesn’t look like there’s any problems.

Did see folk testing some turnstiles this afternoon so fingers crossed it’s all sorted!

GreenCastle
30-08-2019, 08:24 PM
There is no where near the number attending in East as normal Hibs games.

Anyone in the West ?

wallpaperman
30-08-2019, 09:12 PM
Yes, we were in the west lower. The tickets were getting scanned by hand by a guy behind the turnstile.

Seemed relatively smooth, there was a decent crowd in the west lower.

GreenCastle
30-08-2019, 09:15 PM
Yes, we were in the west lower. The tickets were getting scanned by hand by a guy behind the turnstile.

Seemed relatively smooth, there was a decent crowd in the west lower.

Thanks

So basically system still isn’t working and like last home game humans are scanning tickets instead of the QR code reader.

Mr Grieves
30-08-2019, 09:19 PM
My sons ticket never worked in the west and it basically made the scanner reboot. He was let through and an official asked to keep his ticket to help them work out what the problem is