PDA

View Full Version : Heckie interesting interview

bigwheel
23-08-2019, 08:07 PM
Decent pre match interviews with manager and Lewis on Hibs TV.. a steely, yet still relaxed, tone from the manager. Wanting more defensive work and effectiveness throughout the team ..talked about goals last week due to not picking up midfield runners..

Ryan not likely to start it would appear, but making progress ..

Liked the tone - you get the sense that every player will know exactly what is expected from them ..

Lewis just comes over as a top professional and top human ...[emoji119]

jacomo
23-08-2019, 08:33 PM
Decent pre match interviews with manager and Lewis on Hibs TV.. a steely, yet still relaxed, tone from the manager. Wanting more defensive work and effectiveness throughout the team ..talked about goals last week due to not picking up midfield runners..

Ryan not likely to start it would appear, but making progress ..

Liked the tone - you get the sense that every player will know exactly what is expected from them ..

Lewis just comes over as a top professional and top human ...[emoji119]

In the way he wants us to play, Hecky seems to want to copy Klopp’s ‘heavy metal’ football. That’s a hard system to implement but if it works we will be in for exciting times.

bigwheel
23-08-2019, 08:48 PM
In the way he wants us to play, Hecky seems to want to copy Klopp’s ‘heavy metal’ football. That’s a hard system to implement but if it works we will be in for exciting times.

It would be great to see more press and intensity in our play tomorrow....expecting a hard game, but a further improvement in performance...

Here’s Lucy!
23-08-2019, 09:12 PM

Klopp’s football style won’t work here. It’s fantasy stuff from a manager that is starstruck by a proper manager.

We have neither the resources (financially), the manager to carry this ‘dream’ through or the personnel to make it a reality.

As you say, Jac, it’s a hard system to implement anyhow but, at any Scottish club, it is impossible.

Sammy7nil
23-08-2019, 09:21 PM

Seriously :confused:

If any comparison was made that is just embarrassing.

Here’s Lucy!
23-08-2019, 09:22 PM

Spot on, Sammy.

bigwheel
23-08-2019, 09:24 PM
Klopp’s football style won’t work here. It’s fantasy stuff from a manager that is starstruck by a proper manager.

We have neither the resources (financially), the manager to carry this ‘dream’ through or the personnel to make it a reality.

As you say, Jac, it’s a hard system to implement anyhow but, at any Scottish club, it is impossible.

You do realise that our manager never mentioned any comparison to this ..

bigwheel
23-08-2019, 09:24 PM

The comparison came on here...not from our manager

Hibby Bairn
23-08-2019, 09:25 PM

Completely disagree. Impossible if we were up against Liverpool’s opponents every week. But we’re not. So rather than Wolves it’s Killie. Or rather than Burnley it’s St Johnstone. Of course we can aspire to play in that style against these levels of teams.

Sammy7nil
23-08-2019, 09:30 PM
The comparison came on here...not from our manager

Phew :aok: still a strange and silly comparison to make.

bigwheel
23-08-2019, 09:34 PM

Didn’t find anything wrong with Jacomo’s views ....if that’s what he feels - then fair enough ....was not anything said by our boss though ...

go on and check out what our manager chatted about - I found it interesting..

bigwheel
23-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Completely disagree. Impossible if we were up against Liverpool’s opponents every week. But we’re not. So rather than Wolves it’s Killie. Or rather than Burnley it’s St Johnstone. Of course we can aspire to play in that style against these levels of teams.

I think some posters are just desperate to find a negative , even when there isn’t [emoji106][emoji106]

SChibs
23-08-2019, 09:40 PM

I don't see how it is. Nobody is claiming hibs will be as good as Liverpool it was just mentioned he may be trying to use the same system. In the same way possession football is playing like Barcelona or counter attacking is playing like the title winning Leicester side

Sammy7nil
23-08-2019, 09:43 PM
I don't see how it is. Nobody is claiming hibs will be as good as Liverpool it was just mentioned he may be trying to use the same system. In the same way possession football is playing like Barcelona or counter attacking is playing like the title winning Leicester side

Have you seen any of our seven competitive games leaving aside the friendlies? Any comparison is silly. We can aspire but you are open to ridicule if you think we are playing a system like Liverpool.

The_Horde
23-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Have you seen any of our seven competitive games leaving aside the friendlies? Any comparison is silly. We can aspire but you are open to ridicule if you think we are playing a system like Liverpool.

People are scrambling around comparing us to Liverpool because they feel folk are being overly negative/critical of us playing 1 striker up top.

The problem with the comparison is that they're doing the opposite and making things up entirely in order to straw clutch, hoping for a better day.

Our formation is as much a Liverpool system as it is an arsenal one, or a Chelsea one or anyone else who plays the same formation.

And there's nothing wrong with that btw. 1 up top is fine if we can get it to work for us, but any comparisons to specific sides are way too early at this stage IMO

Captain Trips
23-08-2019, 10:00 PM

Ok so who are we playing a system like then? I bet there are loads of clubs on a far higher level than us that play the same system as us or Killie or anyone. We can play same set up as Barcelona if we like pulling it off is another matter.

Sammy7nil
23-08-2019, 11:14 PM
Ok so who are we playing a system like then? I bet there are loads of clubs on a far higher level than us that play the same system as us or Killie or anyone. We can play same set up as Barcelona if we like pulling it off is another matter.

Exactly you can say we are playing like Barcelona, Liverpool or East Fife but unless people can see the comparison you are just talking nonsense. I don't see us playing like Liverpool however I hope we can :greengrin

Captain Trips
23-08-2019, 11:29 PM
Exactly you can say we are playing like Barcelona, Liverpool or East Fife but unless people can see the comparison you are just talking nonsense. I don't see us playing like Liverpool however I hope we can :greengrin

If we are playing 1 main striker 2 wider players 4 at back then that is a "system" incorporated by 100s of teams. The key word used was system and we can operate any system. How we play is totally different.

Sammy7nil
23-08-2019, 11:35 PM
If we are playing 1 main striker 2 wider players 4 at back then that is a "system" incorporated by 100s of teams. The key word used was system and we can operate any system. How we play is totally different.

Okay we play like 100's of teams why single out Liverpool surely a better comparison would be Killie?

Captain Trips
23-08-2019, 11:50 PM
Okay we play like 100's of teams why single out Liverpool surely a better comparison would be Killie?

Can single out anyone if we are talking about formation or systems.

SChibs
24-08-2019, 12:37 AM

Because currently Liverpool are the best at the system in question and people have probably seen more Liverpool games than killie ones.

FilipinoHibs
24-08-2019, 12:51 AM

Liverpool play a type if anti football a bit like Mourinho. They break play up by fouling uf required and like to absorb and counter attack. Not pretty on the eye or the way the game should be played.

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2019, 05:40 AM
I thought it was a good positive interview

Played his cards close to his chest re possible transfers then pulls a rabbit out of the hat :greengrin

Must get fed up of the same questions put in a different way by different journos :confused:

Lewie is a legend!

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2019, 06:02 AM
Liverpool play a type if anti football a bit like Mourinho. They break play up by fouling uf required and like to absorb and counter attack. Not pretty on the eye or the way the game should be played.

Aye ok then.

heretoday
24-08-2019, 06:06 AM
Our players are simply not fit or fast enough to play a Liverpool-type game. That's why they're playing for us and not Liverpool.

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2019, 06:13 AM

:confused:

Only seen them play like that once tbh

CL Final win at all costs quick goal (Lucky) then shut up shop

Fair play to Klopp for changing the way they set up

Apart from that fast attractive counter attacking football

The team you describe above is Aberdeen :greengrin

Hibbyradge
24-08-2019, 06:22 AM

Eh?

What makes you think Heckingbottom is "starstruck" by anyone?

And are you suggesting that he's not a "proper manager"?

green day
24-08-2019, 06:30 AM
Eh?

What makes you think Heckingbottom is "starstruck" by anyone?

And are you suggesting that he's not a "proper manager"?

The real comedy gold about it is people attributing negative character traits to our manager based on something which Hecky didnt even say :greengrin.

Its like watching a Russian twitter bot factory sometimes on here, but it makes me chuckle when such utter drivel is posted then outed:aok:

SMAXXA
24-08-2019, 06:32 AM
The real comedy gold about it is people attributing negative character traits to our manager based on something which Hecky didnt even say :greengrin.

Its like watching a Russian twitter bot factory sometimes on here, but it makes me chuckle when such utter drivel is posted then outed:aok:

Some folk are best ignored. This board had went right down hill the last number of months with some absolute trolling or just as you say utter drivel.

bigwheel
24-08-2019, 06:33 AM
I thought it was a good positive interview

Played his cards close to his chest re possible transfers then pulls a rabbit out of the hat :greengrin

Must get fed up of the same questions put in a different way by different journos :confused:

Lewie is a legend!

Thanks Billy for getting this back in topic ..I agree - positive interviews [emoji106][emoji106]

Treadstone
24-08-2019, 06:35 AM
Klopp doesn't play heavy metal football anymore. He's adapted a more pragmatic approach.

Tarrahib
24-08-2019, 06:39 AM
Spot on, Sammy.
I must have watched the wrong video!

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2019, 06:47 AM
I dont give a toss if its heavy metal, or bay city rollers football we play, just get us winning in the league and challenging for Europe, and you won't hear a peep peep from me.

bingo70
24-08-2019, 06:54 AM
I dont give a toss if its heavy metal, or bay city rollers football we play, just get us winning in the league and challenging for Europe, and you won't hear a peep peep from me.

Christ, now there’s an incentive. 😉

Cabbage East
24-08-2019, 06:56 AM
This place is mental these days.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2019, 06:58 AM
Christ, now there’s an incentive. 😉

:agree::greengrin

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2019, 07:00 AM

:top marks

Eyrie
24-08-2019, 09:42 AM

As long as we don't end up like Hearts and play lullaby hoofball.

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2019, 11:11 PM

Another boring negative display today by Liverpool

Liverpool 3 v1 Arsenal

:faf: