PDA

View Full Version : NHC Marvin Bartley in Daily Mail

Lago
23-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Two page spread by Gary Keown on Marvin, his career, attitude to set backs, planning for a managerial role, race & bigotry etc. Terrific well worth a read. What a switched on guy. 👍

overdrive
23-08-2019, 07:50 PM
What angle were they putting on the racism given they love a bit of racism themselves?

Itsnoteasy
23-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Two page spread by Gary Keown on Marvin, his career, attitude to set backs, planning for a managerial role, race & bigotry etc. Terrific well worth a read. What a switched on guy. 👍

Aye switched on awright.

Love rat Hibs star Marvin Bartley threatened mistress who exposed their affair

Did he mention the above in interview, dinnae think so.

Lago
23-08-2019, 09:04 PM
What angle were they putting on the racism given they love a bit of racism themselves?
Was actually Marvin talking about black managers down South & how sometimes colour was introduced as a reason for dismissal or lack of recruitment. He sighted the case of Chris Newton at Brighton & how it was only the early form that prevented relegation & in Marvin's opinion he deserved to be sacked. Went on to talk about his career his failures & success but at no time did he think his skin colour to be an issue. Double page spread excellent.

DaveF
23-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Aye switched on awright.

You a right ray of sunshine eh.

we are hibs
23-08-2019, 09:58 PM
Aye switched on awright.

Youre a fanny.

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2019, 09:59 PM
Aye switched on awright.

WTF

This place is mental

HFC93
23-08-2019, 10:02 PM
Aye switched on awright.

Pathetic post

Lago
23-08-2019, 10:03 PM
WTF

This place is mental

Certainly some head cases floating around the place these days.😠

Rumble de Thump
23-08-2019, 10:09 PM
Every thread on this site seems to be riddled with non-Hibs fans.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-08-2019, 10:33 PM
Marvin bartley hibs legend

matty_f
23-08-2019, 10:55 PM

Correct

Stuart93
23-08-2019, 10:57 PM
Aye switched on awright.

Ought to just stick to Gorgie altogether 👍🏼

bingo70
23-08-2019, 11:02 PM

*Hibs Scottish cup winning legend.

Itsnoteasy
24-08-2019, 12:10 AM
Ought to just stick to Gorgie altogether 👍🏼

That's a new one, never heard that before 😉

Deansy
24-08-2019, 12:10 AM
Aye switched on awright.

Pales in comparison to the number of lurid headlines that've come out of Tiny-Tyney - Thomson/Rix for starters !

FilipinoHibs
24-08-2019, 12:15 AM
Youre a fanny.

We should not gloss over the faults of our players.

Itsnoteasy
24-08-2019, 12:15 AM
Pales in comparison to the number of lurid headlines that've come out of Tiny-Tyney - Thomson/Rix for starters !

So that makes it all right for Bartley.:thumbsup:

Itsnoteasy
24-08-2019, 12:16 AM
Youre a fanny.

So is Warburton 👍

FilipinoHibs
24-08-2019, 12:23 AM
Youre a fanny.

You are a misogynist.

CMurdoch
24-08-2019, 01:42 AM
I have met gorgiegreens on a few occasions at Hibs related activities and feel it is only fair that i should point out that he is a big unit, much taller than Marv :agree: . At no point did i feel that it would be a great idea to call him a fanny :faf:.

FilipinoHibs
24-08-2019, 02:11 AM
I have met gorgiegreens on a few occasions at Hibs related activities and feel it is only fair that i should point out that he is a big unit, much taller than Marv :agree: . At no point did i feel that it would be a great idea to call him a fanny :faf:.

Great that gorgiegreens raised the dark side of Marvin's character particularly the violence against women which is sadly prevalent in our society. Marvin has many great qualities but his historical treatment if women is not one of them. Calling someone a fanny which is interchangeable with twat, that is stupid or idiot. As so often the case the abusers insults are more a self reflection of the abuser than the abused. Well done gorhiegreens for raising the issue in the first place.

Rumble de Thump
24-08-2019, 05:42 AM
[QUOTE=FilipinoHibs;5901172]Great that gorgiegreens raised the dark side of Marvin's character particularly the violence against women which is sadly prevalent in our society. Marvin has many great qualities but his historical treatment if women is not one of them. Calling someone a fanny which is interchangeable with twat, that is stupid or idiot. As so often the case the abusers insults are more a self reflection of the abuser than the abused. Well done gorhiegreens for raising the issue in the first place.[/QUOTE

Is the violence against women the phonecall he made to the woman who tried to ruin his life?

Viva_Palmeiras
24-08-2019, 05:54 AM
You are a misogynist.

What kept you Fh?

Is it the festival effect that’s making folks a little wired?

Chill or get ill folks bbq weather in a Embra over the weekend enjoy - peace.

FilipinoHibs
24-08-2019, 05:58 AM
What kept you Fh?

Is it the festival effect that’s making folks a little wired?

Chill or get ill folks bbq weather in a Embra over the weekend enjoy - peace.
Always barbecue here😀

Hibbyradge
24-08-2019, 06:00 AM

Neither should we focus on them everytime they want to discuss something else.

What happened, happened and I'm sure he regrets any bad behaviour, but does that really disqualify him from having opinions about other matters?

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2019, 06:23 AM
Interesting thread on Keekback about Marvin Bartley’s court case

Some of which comedy gold

They even make up a wee song about it to sing at the next Derby

Mostly though it is about what a good player he was for us and how they are glad he is gone

Cannot condone his behaviour though found guilty and fined £400

We all make mistakes

Still a legend

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2019, 06:59 AM
Aye switched on awright.

Why on earth any Hibs fan would post this is genuinely beyond me. There's been some awful posts on here recently but this is worringly bizarre.

green day
24-08-2019, 07:07 AM
Why on earth any Hibs fan would post this is genuinely beyond me. There's been some awful posts on here recently but this is worringly bizarre.

undercover

/ʌndəˈkʌvə,ˈʌndəkʌvə/
https://www.hibs.net/image/svg xml;base64,PHN2ZyB4bWxucz0iaHR0cDovL3d3dy53My5vcmc vMjAwMC9zdmciIHhtbG5zOnhsaW5rPSJodHRwOi8vd3d3LnczL m9yZy8xOTk5L3hsaW5rIiB3aWR0aD0iMzIiIGhlaWdodD0iMzI iIHZpZXdCb3g9IjAgMCAzMiAzMiI CiAgPGRlZnM CiAgICA8cG9seWdvbiBpZD0ic21hbGwtdmlzZW1lLXYzLWEiIH BvaW50cz0iMCAwIDMyIDAgMzIgMzIgMCAzMiIvPgogIDwvZGVm cz4KICA8ZyBmaWxsPSJub25lIiBmaWxsLXJ1bGU9ImV2ZW5vZG QiPgogICAgPG1hc2sgaWQ9InNtYWxsLXZpc2VtZS12My1iIiBm aWxsPSIjZmZmIj4KICAgICAgPHVzZSB4bGluazpocmVmPSIjc2 1hbGwtdmlzZW1lLXYzLWEiLz4KICAgIDwvbWFzaz4KICAgIDx1 c2UgZmlsbD0iIzQyODVGNCIgeGxpbms6aHJlZj0iI3NtYWxsLX Zpc2VtZS12My1hIi8 CiAgICA8cGF0aCBmaWxsPSIjRDJFM0ZDIiBkPSJNMCwxNS4yMz k3OTYzIEMyLjU0Mzg1NzE0LDE4Ljg3MDUyMDMgNS42NTIsMjIu MDgyMTk0NiA5LjIwMjI4NTcxLDI0Ljc0NDg3NjkgQzEzLjIxMT U3MTQsMjcuNzUxNzA3NyAxOC43ODg0Mjg2LDI3Ljc1MTcwNzcg MjIuNzk3NzE0MywyNC43NDQ4NzY5IEMyNi4zNDgsMjIuMDgyMT k0NiAyOS40NTYxNDI5LDE4Ljg3MDUyMDMgMzIsMTUuMjM5Nzk2 MyBMMzIsLTcgTDAsLTcgTDAsMTUuMjM5Nzk2MyBaIiBtYXNrPS J1cmwoI3NtYWxsLXZpc2VtZS12My1iKSIvPgogICAgPHBhdGgg ZmlsbD0iIzQyODVGNCIgZmlsbC1vcGFjaXR5PSIuNiIgZD0iTT E2LDIxLjIzMDY0OTIgQzE2LjkyNjA5OTEsMjEuMjMwNjQ5MiAx Ny43OTEyNDY3LDIxLjQ5NDMxNTcgMTguNTI3MjEzNSwyMS45NT E1MDE5IEMxOC44MTA0NDEsMjIuMTI3MzMwOSAxOS4xMzYyNzM4 LDIxLjc4ODc0ODUgMTguOTQwMzc5OSwyMS41MTY0Njc0IEMxOC 4yNzg1NTU2LDIwLjU5NzMyNjMgMTcuMjA4MTEzNiwyMCAxNiwy MCBDMTQuNzkxODg2NCwyMCAxMy43MjE0NDQ0LDIwLjU5NzMyNj MgMTMuMDU5NjIwMSwyMS41MTY0Njc0IEMxMi44NjM3MjYyLDIx Ljc4ODc0ODUgMTMuMTg5NTU5LDIyLjEyNzMzMDkgMTMuNDcyNz g2NSwyMS45NTE1MDE5IEMxNC4yMDg3NTMzLDIxLjQ5NDMxNTcg MTUuMDczOTAwOSwyMS4yMzA2NDkyIDE2LDIxLjIzMDY0OTIiIG 1hc2s9InVybCgjc21hbGwtdmlzZW1lLXYzLWIpIi8 CiAgICA8cGF0aCBzdHJva2U9IiM0Mjg1RjQiIHN0cm9rZS1saW 5lY2FwPSJzcXVhcmUiIGQ9Ik0yNSwxMyBDMjMsMTUuMzMzMzMz MyAyMCwxNi41IDE2LDE2LjUgQzEyLDE2LjUgOSwxNS4zMzMzMz MzIDcsMTMgTDEzLDEwLjUgTDE5LDEwLjUgTDI1LDEzIFoiIG1h c2s9InVybCgjc21hbGwtdmlzZW1lLXYzLWIpIi8 CiAgICA8cG9seWdvbiBmaWxsPSIjNDI4NUY0IiBmaWxsLXJ1bG U9Im5vbnplcm8iIHBvaW50cz0iOCAxNCA3IDEzIDI1IDEzIDI0 IDE0IiBtYXNrPSJ1cmwoI3NtYWxsLXZpc2VtZS12My1iKSIvPg ogICAgPHBhdGggc3Ryb2tlPSIjNDI4NUY0IiBzdHJva2UtbGlu ZWNhcD0icm91bmQiIGQ9Ik0yMCwzIEwxNy43Njc4NzUsNS4yNT g5MjYyMiBDMTYuNzkxNSw2LjI0NzAyNDU5IDE1LjIwODUsNi4y NDcwMjQ1OSAxNC4yMzIxMjUsNS4yNTg5MjYyMiBMMTIsMyIgbW Fzaz0idXJsKCNzbWFsbC12aXNlbWUtdjMtYikiLz4KICA8L2c Cjwvc3ZnPgo=Learn to pronounce
(https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CAEAQE_enGB747GB747&q=how+to+pronounce+undercover&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOMIfcRowy3w8sc9YSnjSWtOXmPU5eIN KMrPK81LzkwsyczPExLjYglJLcoV4pPi4eIqzUtJLUrOL0stsm JRYkrN41nEKp2RX65Qkq9QANSVD9SWqoBQBADCv05wXwAAAA&pron_lang=en&pron_country=gb&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjKhof0-JrkAhWUQxUIHazqBS8Q3eEDMAB6BAgAEAg)

adjective

involving secret work within a community or organization, especially for the purposes of police investigation or espionage.
"an undercover police operation"

synonyms:
covert, secret, clandestine, private, confidential, conspiratorial, underground, surreptitious, furtive, cloak-and-dagger, hole-and-corner, hugger-mugger, back-alley, backstair, stealthy

Pretty Boy
24-08-2019, 07:13 AM
Jeezo.

I'd love to be a Saint like some of the people that post on here. Marvin made a mistake, a serious one. He was punished and had said mistake splashed all over the papers and had to put up with abuse from opposing fans. I doubt he's proud of that period of his life. That doesn't mean the bad in him suddenly outweighs the good. I've made mistakes, a couple of pretty serious ones as well. It doesn't define my entire character or my life.

Marvin Bartley is a Hibs legend, he came across as a good guy who was a bit of a character around the place and popular with his team mates. He was a hugely important part of dragging Hibs back to our feet. No one is claiming that makes him infallible.

flash
24-08-2019, 07:16 AM
Maybe Gorgie Greens would like to give their opinion on all the amazing work Bartley did in support of the victims of the Grenfell fire?

Glory Lurker
24-08-2019, 07:17 AM
I think I'll be greeting when we play Livi.

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2019, 07:24 AM
I think I'll be greeting when we play Livi.

I'm fully expecting him to play a blinder and fire a 25 yarder into the top corner 😂

Glory Lurker
24-08-2019, 07:34 AM
I'm fully expecting him to play a blinder and fire a 25 yarder into the top corner 😂

He probably will, and my worry is I'll celebrate it!

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2019, 07:38 AM
He probably will, and my worry is I'll celebrate it!

I wonder what set of fans he'll run too if he does 😂

HFC93
24-08-2019, 07:50 AM
This place is a nightmare these days. Full on unnecessary negativity and posts, which verge on trolling. Marvin was a fantastic servant to Hibs, part of the cup winning squad and player who really got under the skin of Hearts fans. Can we not just admire him for the absolute legend that he is.

Paisley Hibby
24-08-2019, 08:02 AM
Aye switched on awright.

Feel better getting that out your system? Nae need, nae need at all.

FilipinoHibs
24-08-2019, 08:10 AM
This place is a nightmare these days. Full on unnecessary negativity and posts, which verge on trolling. Marvin was a fantastic servant to Hibs, part of the cup winning squad and player who really got under skin of Hearts fans. Can we not just admire him for the absolute legend that he is.
If one of our players was convicted of a racist or homophobic crime would we just over look it? Lots of positives about Marvin but there is also one big negative. I was very disappointed and down when story of his court case came out.

Arch Stanton
24-08-2019, 08:25 AM
Aye switched on awright.

You also seem not to have admitted to all the bad things you've done in your life!

Since you are setting the gold standard round here it's only right that you should. :agree:

Cataplana
24-08-2019, 08:28 AM
Aye switched on awright.

Martin, we wholly support you on anything which involves others using force to oppress another group of people. As for threatening a woman - well, boys will be boys!

(The hypocrisy that sees anything one of our own does as being acceptable, yet condemns and vilifies members of another group for doing the same thing, is apalling.)

Definitely a Hibs legend, warts and all. But, it's fair comment when the article covered Marvin's human qualities.

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2019, 08:33 AM
If one of our players was convicted of a racist or homophobic crime would we just over look it? Lots of positives about Marvin but there is also one big negative. I was very disappointed and down when story of his court case came out.

I think the provocative and disrespectful manner it was brought up on this thread is frustrating. GG knew exactly what he was doing.

matty_f
24-08-2019, 09:10 AM
Great that gorgiegreens raised the dark side of Marvin's character particularly the violence against women which is sadly prevalent in our society. Marvin has many great qualities but his historical treatment if women is not one of them. Calling someone a fanny which is interchangeable with twat, that is stupid or idiot. As so often the case the abusers insults are more a self reflection of the abuser than the abused. Well done gorhiegreens for raising the issue in the first place.
It’s not great at all, is irrelevant to a thread that was about an article on him and turned the thread into the usual squabbling.

If you think that’s great, then crack on.

we are hibs
24-08-2019, 09:18 AM
You are a misogynist.

I appreciate that youve taken a wee bit of a shine to be in recent days but no need to be clingy.

P.s- Fraser Fyvie was released.

Itsnoteasy
24-08-2019, 09:44 AM
Maybe Gorgie Greens would like to give their opinion on all the amazing work Bartley did in support of the victims of the Grenfell fire?

Fantastic, to all those who raise funds for charitable causes.

Torto7
24-08-2019, 09:53 AM
This place is a nightmare these days. Full on unnecessary negativity and posts, which verge on trolling. Marvin was a fantastic servant to Hibs, part of the cup winning squad and player who really got under skin of Hearts fans. Can we not just admire him for the absolute legend that he is.

And continues to do so reading through this thread.:cb

flash
24-08-2019, 09:57 AM
Fantastic, to all those who raise funds for charitable causes.

That's nice I think.

ancient hibee
24-08-2019, 09:57 AM

All criminal activity surely.

FilipinoHibs
24-08-2019, 10:00 AM
I appreciate that youve taken a wee bit of a shine to be in recent days but no need to be clingy.

P.s- Fraser Fyvie was released.

His United contract not his Hibs one!

PS I did not realise it was you. Nothing personal. We are all Hibs. GGTTH!

Johnny Clash
24-08-2019, 10:22 AM
Interesting thread on Keekback about Marvin Bartley’s court case

Some of which comedy gold

They even make up a wee song about it to sing at the next Derby

Mostly though it is about what a good player he was for us and how they are glad he is gone

Cannot condone his behaviour though found guilty and fined £400

We all make mistakes

Still a legend

So the Jambos plan to sing a song about a Livi player at the next Derby? FFS.

Anyway I think Marvin’s character has more good than bad but no doubt he’s done wrong and I bet he regrets it big time, I have no problem with GG throwing it into the mix as I’m sure we are all capable of dealing with the fact our heroes aren’t perfect and sometimes behave awful.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2019, 11:09 AM

In a thread that was meant to be positive towards a cup winning legend? Yes I would

Keith_M
24-08-2019, 12:27 PM

Which is fair enough, but why do some people want to bring it up every time his name is mentioned?

I can only presume they've lived perfect, blame free lives.

The 90+2
24-08-2019, 12:31 PM

What’s it got to do with the Daily Mail article of this thread?

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2019, 12:51 PM
So the Jambos plan to sing a song about a Livi player at the next Derby? FFS.

Anyway I think Marvin’s character has more good than bad but no doubt he’s done wrong and I bet he regrets it big time, I have no problem with GG throwing it into the mix as I’m sure we are all capable of dealing with the fact our heroes aren’t perfect and sometimes behave awful.
At the time the yam poster posted his ditty he was still a HIBS player

It is quite an interesting read nonetheless

Lago
24-08-2019, 01:11 PM
I have to say that having read the article re Marvin I felt it was worthy of being highlighted on here due to his positivity in dealing with racism, personal failure as a footballer, but also his success in football.
For some reason my post was immediately hijacked & subsequently taken off into a totally different direction supported mainlly by1 other individual.
I am at the stage now, where posting on here has little attraction as the site appears to inhabited by certain individuals who lack the necessary manners & courtesy to debate in an intelligent way.

weecounty hibby
24-08-2019, 01:16 PM
I have to say that having read the article re Marvin I felt it was worthy of being highlighted on here due to his positivity in dealing with racism, personal failure as a footballer, but also his success in football.
For some reason my post was immediately hijacked & subsequently taken off into a totally different direction supported mainlymai 1 other individual.
I am at the stage now, where posting on here has little attraction as the site appears to inhabited by certain individuals who lack the necessary manners & courtesy to debate in an intelligent way.

Well said. Totally unnecessary the way that the issues Marvin had have been brought up here. I have seen absolutely no one condone what he did but when you read what one or two posters have said you would think he was a serial woman beater and that we all think it was acceptable. At the moment it is a real chore at times to come onto .net with the same posters all over threads sucking the life out of them. Complete energy vampires

Itsnoteasy
24-08-2019, 11:16 PM
You also seem not to have admitted to all the bad things you've done in your life!

Since you are setting the gold standard round here it's only right that you should. :agree:

I'm certainly not perfect in anyway.

But I have never been asked to appear in court for any criminal offence, never cheated on the Mrs & never threatened to ruin anyones life.

The footballer/Marv was fined £400 after a sheriff found he wasn’t a “credible or reliable witness”.

24-08-2019, 11:21 PM
For some reason my post was immediately hijacked & subsequently taken off into a totally different direction supported mainlly by1 other individual.

Correct. Unfortunately there are lots of attention seeking trolls on social media.

Fife-Hibee
25-08-2019, 12:04 AM
But I have never been asked to appear in court for any criminal offence, never cheated on the Mrs & never threatened to ruin anyones life.

Well ain’t you the high and mighty.