PDA

View Full Version : aztec retro

andyt1875
22-08-2019, 03:43 PM
i bought a top from their website a few weeks back and have not received the item, money has been taken from account though.

tried e-mailing and not had a reply, anyone had similar issues?

Daniel 1875
22-08-2019, 03:56 PM
I purchased the home one that was released in May but not received it yet. I know they usually take 6-8 weeks to be delivered normally.

I emailed them and got a reply to say the woman who looks after the orders has had some health issues and she apologised for the delay but unsure when to expect the top.

calumhibee1
22-08-2019, 04:03 PM
I purchased the home one that was released in May but not received it yet. I know they usually take 6-8 weeks to be delivered normally.

I emailed them and got a reply to say the woman who looks after the orders has had some health issues and she apologised for the delay but unsure when to expect the top.

My brothers waiting on one. What I don’t understand is his seems to be with the courier so I’m not sure why the women’s health issues have came into play, surely it’s out her hands now?

SteveHFC
22-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Ordered a few tops from them before and never had any issues.

oldbutdim
22-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Very slow delivery, but usually turns up eventually.

:aok:

HFC93
22-08-2019, 04:11 PM
I've bought a few tops from Aztec Retro previously and recieved them within 6-8 weeks. However, I ordered one in May and it's yet to appear. Emailed them but no response. Frustratingly, they've started selling new realses, which is bit of a joke.

BlackSheep
22-08-2019, 04:28 PM
They come from Thailand or that area of the world and they only have shipping windows every week or so, then its the cheapest delivery method so takes a good while from shipping to the customer receiveing the items... i have bought 4 or 5 tops from them, its does take a while.

They also had sickness with their main person in Asia so this will have backed up a lot of orders.

Bob Box Fish
22-08-2019, 04:35 PM
I have bought all the hibs retro tops from them they are slow but normally turn up eventually.

I have one due from June and one more recent.

Best paying by PayPal with any purchase, if it does not come and the seller doesn’t reply to PayPal you get refunded after ten days of opening a case.

I have also bought the retro tops from EBay (Thailand) and have had them delivered in two weeks.

CapitalGreen
22-08-2019, 04:40 PM
Was a legit website until a few months ago but pretty certain it is now being run as a fraud.

CraigHibee
22-08-2019, 04:53 PM
i bought a top from their website a few weeks back and have not received the item, money has been taken from account though.

tried e-mailing and not had a reply, anyone had similar issues?

I've been waiting since june for a top I bought from there, not a peep yet and no reply when i emailed them

Bob Box Fish
29-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Anyone had their deliveries yet ?

I’ve got one ordered in the 3rd June and one about 5 week ago due.

CapitalGreen
29-08-2019, 11:21 AM
Anyone had their deliveries yet ?

I’ve got one ordered in the 3rd June and one about 5 week ago due.

I wouldn’t expect to receive anything and would warn anyone against making any orders.

BlackSheep
29-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Back when the business was running fully (ie when there was no employee sickness, its a very small team btw) the orders would take anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks to arrive... right now they are backlogged due to illness recently and the orders are taking a lot longer. Patience is not something hibs fans seem to have though.

Carheenlea
29-08-2019, 11:30 AM
Back when the business was running fully (ie when there was no employee sickness, its a very small team btw) the orders would take anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks to arrive... right now they are backlogged due to illness recently and the orders are taking a lot longer. Patience is not something hibs fans seem to have though.

Doesn’t take much to respond to an email to inform the customer of the situation to reassure them. Looks well dodgy and one to avoid.

LaMotta
29-08-2019, 11:42 AM
Doesn’t take much to respond to an email to inform the customer of the situation to reassure them. Looks well dodgy and one to avoid.

Always a risk involved in buying knock off goods.

BlackSheep
29-08-2019, 11:45 AM

They have rarely been responsive on email, when they had a twitter prescence they would communicate via DM but their twitter was closed as Adidas made a complaint about the use of their logos....

I have about 6/7 purchases from them and havent had any issues with them in the past so i think to start throwing mud is a little unfair.

LaMotta
29-08-2019, 11:51 AM
They have rarely been responsive on email, when they had a twitter prescence they would communicate via DM but their twitter was closed as Adidas made a complaint about the use of their logos....

I have about 6/7 purchases from them and havent had any issues with them in the past so i think to start throwing mud is a little unfair.

I would say rather than throwing mud his advice is good based on a lot of recent online reviews - orders not being fulfilled and no communication from the company!

Notwithstanding of course that what the company does is illegal.

CraigHibee
29-08-2019, 11:56 AM
I've put a claim in through paypal now, shouldn't be taking nearly 3 months for a top to arrive, sure it said on there site about 6-8 weeks

Bob Box Fish
29-08-2019, 12:07 PM
I’ll give them a few more week and the benefit of the doubt before claiming through PayPal.

Shame as they produce good replicas.

CapitalGreen
29-08-2019, 12:44 PM

Well I’m currently at 13 weeks waiting.

They used to do a Hibs kit once every couple of months, now they are offering new Hibs stock multiple times in the same month. For a small team, suffering because of illness they seem to have been able to ramp up production in the last few months.

They have also started selling strips where the pictures of the strips are not of their replicas but simply pictures taken from Google or other vintage kit sites - if that doesn’t scream fraud to people then I’m not sure what does.

https://aztecretro.com/products/manchester-united-1993-95-away-long-sleeved-shirt?utm_source=Aztec+Retro+Newsletter&utm_campaign=dd78c03ba9-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_06_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9a47dedf66-dd78c03ba9-131017969&mc_cid=dd78c03ba9&mc_eid=63b139db87

https://aztecretro.com/products/manchester-united-1999-champions-league-winners-shirt?utm_source=Aztec+Retro+Newsletter&utm_campaign=d963cc3f87-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_06_COPY_03&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9a47dedf66-d963cc3f87-131017969&mc_cid=d963cc3f87&mc_eid=63b139db87

BlackSheep
29-08-2019, 12:45 PM
I would say rather than throwing mud his advice is good based on a lot of recent online reviews - orders not being fulfilled and no communication from the company!

Notwithstanding of course that what the company does is illegal.

The unhappy customers are a majority when it comes to these types of issues... its no often a happy customer will take the time to post a positive review online, thats the nature of the internet i'm afraid, so yes in a case such as this a lot of complaints have been made but as a previous customer of many items I would wait a few weeks more as well and then claim. They recently said in an email to subscribers that they were getting their new twitter account up and running soon and this is where they will do the majority of customer support from. A little understanding in regard to the illness would be nice as well.

CapitalGreen
29-08-2019, 12:46 PM
The unhappy customers are a majority when it comes to these types of issues... its no often a happy customer will take the time to post a positive review online, thats the nature of the internet i'm afraid, so yes in a case such as this a lot of complaints have been made but as a previous customer of many items I would wait a few weeks more as well and then claim. They recently said in an email to subscribers that they were getting their new twitter account up and running soon and this is where they will do the majority of customer support from. A little understanding in regard to the illness would be nice as well.

How long do you think it takes to set up a twitter account? 😂

BlackSheep
29-08-2019, 12:48 PM
Well I’m currently at 13 weeks waiting.

They used to do a Hibs kit once every couple of months, now they are offering new Hibs stock multiple times in the same month. For a small team, suffering because of illness they seem to have been able to ramp up production in the last few months.

They have also started selling strips where the pictures of the strips are not of their replicas but simply pictures taken from Google or other vintage kit sites - if that doesn’t scream fraud to people then I’m not sure what does.

https://aztecretro.com/products/manchester-united-1993-95-away-long-sleeved-shirt?utm_source=Aztec+Retro+Newsletter&utm_campaign=dd78c03ba9-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_06_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9a47dedf66-dd78c03ba9-131017969&mc_cid=dd78c03ba9&mc_eid=63b139db87

https://aztecretro.com/products/manchester-united-1999-champions-league-winners-shirt?utm_source=Aztec+Retro+Newsletter&utm_campaign=d963cc3f87-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_06_COPY_03&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9a47dedf66-d963cc3f87-131017969&mc_cid=d963cc3f87&mc_eid=63b139db87

They have ramped up designs for Hibs as the sales have been amazing, selling out within minutes of going online. As for the differing images, its pretty much a one man band over in Asia that is making these not a factory or the like, if there has been illness is it so hard to believe that whoever has had to cover is doing a slightly different job to the usual?

CapitalGreen
29-08-2019, 12:54 PM
They have ramped up designs for Hibs as the sales have been amazing, selling out within minutes of going online. As for the differing images, its pretty much a one man band over in Asia that is making these not a factory or the like, if there has been illness is it so hard to believe that whoever has had to cover is doing a slightly different job to the usual?

The pictures are not strips they have manufactured though, they are taken from elsewhere and being passed off as their own product. That’s one of a number of red flags that this has now become a fraudulent venture to me.

BlackSheep
29-08-2019, 01:19 PM
We can agree to disagree.

As most folk will have paid using Paypal, it shouldn't be a hassle to request a refund via that method should your fears be realised.

I am happy to give them a little more time at this point I am waiting on 2 shirts myself.

hibsfan
29-08-2019, 01:45 PM
You will get them... it will just take 3/4 months. Claiming through PatPal though does seem to cancel the order pretty quickly.

CraigHibee
01-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Just a quick update, I raised a dispute through paypal and aztec have failed to provide paypal with any evidence that they asked for and are refunding the payment

Losds of reviews about Aztec on trust pilot all giving negative feedback, they may have been good in the past but appear utter garbage now

tanfield
02-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Interesting stuff. So if Aztec dont play ball are PayPal obligated to refund the money?

I'm waiting on 2 shirts, both Frank Graham efforts but with every passing day it looks unlikely. When they took a while to arrive before, the email updates were always reassuring

CraigHibee
02-09-2019, 03:20 PM
Interesting stuff. So if Aztec dont play ball are PayPal obligated to refund the money?

I'm waiting on 2 shirts, both Frank Graham efforts but with every passing day it looks unlikely. When they took a while to arrive before, the email updates were always reassuring

paypal normally ask the seller for proof of postage etc (same as an ebay claim) if they don't provide it within the time limit set then the claim request is successful.

HibeeMassive
02-09-2019, 03:28 PM

Just been refunded for mine which I've been waiting 14/15 weeks for. Got a despatch email the week after order, but the tracking details show that it's been in Thailand since that date and not moved...

Sent 3 emails in the past month but no response to any of them so raised a dispute with PP. They then try to contact the seller and if no response they will refund you the purchase cost - I've just had my email to say it's been processed and will be back on the original payment card shortly, so guessing they couldn't contact them either.

Bristolhibby
02-09-2019, 04:14 PM
I’m waiting, think it was one in June. The P&D home shirt.

Have ordered from them loads and although taken a while, have never taken this long.

Asked where it was and got a semi snippy response.

Hi

The product has already been shipped. Updating the numbering tag And delayed delivery during the past 1-2 months Comes from my health problems That had already been informed All of you will receive the course. And if there is a problem We are happy to resolve for you every year. Our webpage has been operating for a long time with integrity. Apologize to all customers at this time. Is something that is not anticipated before But we try to solve the problem to the best. I am very sorry. Please for give me.

Best regards,
Tao shipping team from Thailand

Daniel 1875
02-09-2019, 04:19 PM

Have ordered from them loads and although taken a while, have never taken this long.

Hi

The product has already been shipped. Updating the numbering tag And delayed delivery during the past 1-2 months Comes from my health problems That had already been informed All of you will receive the course. And if there is a problem We are happy to resolve for you every year. Our webpage has been operating for a long time with integrity. Apologize to all customers at this time. Is something that is not anticipated before But we try to solve the problem to the best. I am very sorry. Please for give me.

Best regards,

I got the same reply a few weeks ago. Did you receive the email this week? Would give me a bit more confidence if they haven't gone totally silent.

tanfield
02-09-2019, 04:47 PM
I've sent a few emails and didn't get any response at all. Will give it a few more days and make a claim

CraigHibee
03-09-2019, 12:37 AM
I sent 3 emails and got absolutely no reply, tbh I would rather have had the shirt than the refund as it did look smart but it was dragging on

Bristolhibby
03-09-2019, 05:42 AM
I got the same reply a few weeks ago. Did you receive the email this week? Would give me a bit more confidence if they haven't gone totally silent.

Got the reply on the 12th August.

J

BlackSheep
09-09-2019, 07:12 PM
Received my 89/90 shirts today, ordered at the beginning of August.

Keep the faith the rest of you.

hibsfan
10-09-2019, 05:44 AM

Green Frank Graham?

BlackSheep
10-09-2019, 06:08 AM
Green Frank Graham?

Yup.

Bristolhibby
10-09-2019, 06:23 AM

Ordered mine in June. Still nowt.

Hopefully soon.

J

hibsfan
10-09-2019, 06:27 AM
Brilliant! Hopefully get mine today!

hibsfan
10-09-2019, 06:28 AM
Ordered mine in June. Still nowt.

Hopefully soon.

J

Any chance of a photo?

BlackSheep
10-09-2019, 03:00 PM
Any chance of a photo?

Yup, i'll upload one when im home from work.

budgiemcb
10-09-2019, 03:03 PM
What Frank Graham shirt did you get delivered mate? Did you get both from this summer as they did one with the crown badge and then easter egg looking one?

I've ordered both (been waiting since May for the crown badge one like others on this thread) so just interest to see what you got.

BlackSheep
10-09-2019, 05:38 PM

Easter egg 89/90 home shirt

calumhibee1
10-09-2019, 06:22 PM

Looks great. I’ve given up on getting mine from May

hibsfan
10-09-2019, 06:51 PM

Thanks for the pic - no sign of mine yet, but hopefully soon!

bod
10-09-2019, 07:13 PM

Hi

Best regards,

i ordered 2 Scotland Umbro tops with the diamonds down the sleeves in June ,got the same reply last month when i emailed them.
you receiving your order has given me hope ill get mine

Future17
16-09-2019, 03:21 PM
They've just emailed to say they won't be accepting any more orders as the business is being closed down. All current orders will be fulfilled however.

SteveHFC
16-09-2019, 03:24 PM
They've just emailed to say they won't be accepting any more orders as the business is being closed down. All current orders will be fulfilled however.

Got the same email.

PaulSmith
16-09-2019, 03:44 PM
Let’s hope they do fulfil the orders, I do fear that they might not and hopefully the PayPal guarantee kicks in.

Also a word of warning, I had an alert from Netflix about a log on from Thailand and quickly changed my password.

If you have an Aztec Retro log in and like me used the same password as used elsewhere (such as Netflix) then I’d be careful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CraigHibee
16-09-2019, 10:50 PM
Just read the email tonight, no surprise they are folding tbh

Bristolhibby
18-10-2019, 05:59 AM
Raised a case with PayPal and I have been successful. Getting my £45 refunded.

“Dear Bristolhibby,

Because we were unable to obtain additional information from Rainy13510, this claim has been decided in your favour and you've received a refund of £45.00 GBP.

If you paid with a card, the money is refunded to your card. Please note that it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.”

J

Beefster
18-10-2019, 07:17 AM
Let’s hope they do fulfil the orders, I do fear that they might not and hopefully the PayPal guarantee kicks in.

Also a word of warning, I had an alert from Netflix about a log on from Thailand and quickly changed my password.

If you have an Aztec Retro log in and like me used the same password as used elsewhere (such as Netflix) then I’d be careful.

To be fair, these days if you reuse passwords and don't use a password manager then you're effectively inviting folk to hijack your accounts.

hibsfan
20-10-2019, 10:23 AM
Just bumping this thread. The four weeks mentioned in their most recent email have now passed. Did anyone else ever receive their Frank Graham tops? Thinking it might now be time to accept defeat and claim through PayPal....

Daniel 1875
20-10-2019, 10:28 AM
Just bumping this thread. The four weeks mentioned in their most recent email have now passed. Did anyone else ever receive their Frank Graham tops? Thinking it might now be time to accept defeat and claim through PayPal....

I've still had nothing, admitted defeat and submitted the claim through PayPal earlier this week.

PaulSmith
20-10-2019, 12:01 PM
I've still had nothing, admitted defeat and submitted the claim through PayPal earlier this week.

I’ve sent a claim into PayPal as well. Really disappointed as thought they had a great product and could’ve made a success out of it.

hibsfan
17-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Anyone received this since the update that they were all
Being sent w/b 3rd November?

calumhibee1
17-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Nope. I ended up getting a refund through PayPal

HFC93
17-11-2019, 07:32 PM
I went down the PayPal route and got my money back.

tanfield
17-11-2019, 08:02 PM
Yeah, PayPal refund for me as well