PDA

View Full Version : Juventus ask for earlier kick offs to suit asian market

Monts
21-08-2019, 12:52 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49412873

I'm sure the home fans are delighted with that

Keith_M
21-08-2019, 01:02 PM
I didn't realise they normally played evening games, even at the weekend.

Here’s Lucy!
21-08-2019, 01:10 PM

Yes, the male model needs his beauty sleep during the day.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-08-2019, 01:37 PM

Due to the heat in Italy?

Maybe....

DH1875
21-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Due to the heat in Italy?

Maybe....

Turin isn't that warm, except maybe summer but they don't play then. It's Baltic in the winter. Even colder than here lol.

neil7908
21-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Hope the league tells them to GTF

Since452
21-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Football is f****d

Lago
21-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Money, money, money 👏💶

MWHIBBIES
21-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Clever idea from a very successful business. Would be a bit strange if it happened though, unfair on other sides and fans.

Pretty Boy
21-08-2019, 02:35 PM
They changed an iconic kit to flog a few more shirts in the US. They aren't going to give a toss about kick off times.

Tradition is dead in football. It's all about the money.

Groathillgrump
21-08-2019, 02:44 PM
So piss off your local fanbase to cater for billions of people in Asia who'll probably never set foot in your stadium.

It's all about TV money and selling millions of replica shirts these days. The same replica shirts that will probably be made for next to nothing in Asian sweatshops and then sold back to them at a x50 markup.

CMurdoch
21-08-2019, 02:53 PM
Money, money, money 👏💶

The first thing i noticed is the job title of the Juventus guy commenting, Chief Revenue Officer. Yuck!

Sean1875
21-08-2019, 02:56 PM
**** modern football.

lyonhibs
21-08-2019, 03:07 PM
My level of outrage is directly proportional to what they mean by "early" kick off?

Earlier than the standard one of 19h45 by a couple of hours - not a massive deal I guess. But to be a worthwhile shift to be appealing to the Asian market, I imagine you'll be looking at around midday or something Italian time, which would be a piss take.

jgl07
21-08-2019, 03:15 PM
English Premier League matches with a 3:00 PM kick off have a big advantage in the Middle East and South Asia as compared to evening matches in Italy and Spain.

Malthibby
21-08-2019, 03:38 PM
So piss off your local fanbase to cater for billions of people in Asia who'll probably never set foot in your stadium.

It's all about TV money and selling millions of replica shirts these days. The same replica shirts that will probably be made for next to nothing in Asian sweatshops and then sold back to them at a x50 markup.

:agree: Utterly depressing; it's why I rarely watch non-Scottish footie. Very hair shirt but i'd happily go along to see Bonnyrigg before Juve or Spurs etc etc.
GG

BoomtownHibees
21-08-2019, 05:14 PM
:agree: Utterly depressing; it's why I rarely watch non-Scottish footie. Very hair shirt but i'd happily go along to see Bonnyrigg before Juve or Spurs etc etc.
GG

Aye big Kieran Mcgachie over Cristiano Ronaldo. No contest

Itsnoteasy
21-08-2019, 05:28 PM
They changed an iconic kit to flog a few more shirts in the US. They aren't going to give a toss about kick off times.

Spot on

Hibbyradge
21-08-2019, 06:25 PM
I'm sure their fans will be happy enough if the revenue increases to the extent they can match the EPL.

There's a lot of people on here who seem to be unhappy that we've no money left in the transfer budget so it's not just the clubs who are interested in getting more revenue.

The Spaceman
21-08-2019, 07:18 PM
You'd think these Asian communities would focus on developing their own game...:confused:

These big clubs are absolutely soulless.

Dmas
21-08-2019, 07:24 PM

Kit been designed so that if a stand or section of the ground are all wearing it it looks as the iconic strip should of that makes sense basically if everyone wears the strip (€€€€€) there’s a ‘display’ of the iconic Juventus stripes......according to the manufacturer anyway

MikeyS
21-08-2019, 07:27 PM
I'm sure their fans will be happy enough if the revenue increases to the extent they can match the EPL.

There's a lot of people on here who seem to be unhappy that we've no money left in the transfer budget so it's not just the clubs who are interested in getting more revenue.

Hibs could play at midnight for all I care if it meant getting dough in to challenge for the Title.

MikeyS
21-08-2019, 07:29 PM
Kit been designed so that if a stand or section of the ground are all wearing it it looks as the iconic strip should of that makes sense basically if everyone wears the strip (€€€€€) there’s a ‘display’ of the iconic Juventus stripes......according to the manufacturer anyway

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, mind Puma trying to flog off a template shirt to us as a tribute to the old slope of Easter Road. About 4 lower league English clubs had it also!

I believe it's more to do with Americans refusing to but something that looks like a referee's uniform.

Dmas
21-08-2019, 07:38 PM
I'd take that with a pinch of salt, mind Puma trying to flog off a template shirt to us as a tribute to the old slope of Easter Road. About 4 lower league English clubs had it also!

I believe it's more to do with Americans refusing to but something that looks like a referee's uniform.

Yeah that’s also been said but the official line being peddled is the display thing I’ve got my doubts I’m sure we’ll soon see

WellingtonHibby
21-08-2019, 07:43 PM
Spot on

Is it that much different to hibs being moved to a poor much of time to suit an English centric tv market?