PDA

View Full Version : St Johnstone

04Sauzee
21-08-2019, 11:44 AM
Do we reckon we will have to open the South Stand for home fans? Not sure how ticket sale are so far but i think they may be down on the St Mirren sale

Also hoping that Porteous will be back in the squad, not sure how Gray is after his knock at the weekend. Seems as soon as we get 11 player back another gets injured

calumhibee1
21-08-2019, 12:07 PM
Do we reckon we will have to open the South Stand for home fans? Not sure how ticket sale are so far but i think they may be down on the St Mirren sale

Also hoping that Porteous will be back in the squad, not sure how Gray is after his knock at the weekend. Seems as soon as we get 11 player back another gets injured

Where was Porto at the weekend?

FilipinoHibs
21-08-2019, 12:16 PM

No way will we have to open South.

Billy Whizz
21-08-2019, 12:17 PM

Maybe we didn’t need 2 central defenders on the bench

calumhibee1
21-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Maybe we didn’t need 2 central defenders on the bench

Maybe. Presume he’s not had any set back?

Billy Whizz
21-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Maybe. Presume he’s not had any set back?

No idea, I thought he was going to play last night, but maybe just being protected for Saturday, as we can’t afford any more injuries in central defence

Since452
21-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Heading along and looking forward to it. If we keep a clean sheet we'll win the game as we look good going forward. 3 points in the bag and 5 points above Hearts would do me fine.

Springbank
21-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Hope it's the start of a new phase for Hecky at the Wheel.

Marciano

Hanlon
Porteous
Jackson

Horgan
Vela
Slivka
Middleton

Allan in no.10 behind

Kamberi
Doidge

hughio
21-08-2019, 01:04 PM

He was in the upper West.

Hermit Crab
21-08-2019, 01:08 PM

Not a chance.

1875-Hibernia
21-08-2019, 01:58 PM
I'd be surprised, but I also think attendance will be higher than people think. It feels like ages ago since The Rangers game and although it's only 2 goals scored in the league there's a feeling that every game could have 4+ goals in it (either way)

StevieHendo
21-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Heading along and looking forward to it. If we keep a clean sheet we'll win the game as we look good going forward. 3 points in the bag and 5 points above Hearts would do me fine.

We need stop worrying about them. Though harsh reality if we dont recruit we'l be behind them come may. We should beat st j tho seen them couple times so far v ross county in then celtic and been ***** both times

Since452
21-08-2019, 02:10 PM
We need stop worrying about them. Though harsh reality if we dont recruit we'l be behind them come may. We should beat st j tho seen them couple times so far v ross county in then celtic and been ***** both times

I'm not so sure about that. Ross County gave them a right doing at home. It's still too early to say either way but to get a gap on them early is always good

StevieHendo
21-08-2019, 02:14 PM
I'm not so sure about that. Ross County gave them a right doing at home. It's still too early to say either way but to get a gap on them early is always good

Theyre squads good though just seemed be one of those gMes they tore motherwell apart away who are a decent side. Opening myself up for a drabbing saying theyre a good side like but ah well .

CMurdoch
21-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Looking forward to Saturday.
A win by any score would be just fine and would see us with the results i would have forecast when i saw our fixtures i.e. beat St Mirren & St Johnstone, lose to Rangers and in the quarter finals of the league cup.

JimBHibees
21-08-2019, 02:52 PM
Looking forward to Saturday.
A win by any score would be just fine and would see us on with the results i would have forecast when i saw our fixtures i.e. beat St Mirren & St Johnstone, lose to Rangers and in the quarter finals of the league cup.

Always a tough nut to crack and we have a very poor record against them. A lot of decent experienced players in their team and will be the usual stuffy game no doubt. Any win would be good.

CMurdoch
21-08-2019, 02:58 PM
Always a tough nut to crack and we have a very poor record against them. A lot of decent experienced players in their team and will be the usual stuffy game no doubt. Any win would be good.

Heckingbottom seemed to know what to do last season to get a win against the bottom 6 so he should manage it again (against the top 6 , not so good :wink:)
We will grind the win out with little of the beautiful game on display.

Not So Young
21-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Not sure about this one St J were crap in the League Cup but did come back from 2-0 down against Livi. They have also not played since 10th August

Diclonius
22-08-2019, 09:58 AM
Read in the EEN that Porteous will be starting.

Since452
22-08-2019, 10:13 AM
Not sure about this one St J were crap in the League Cup but did come back from 2-0 down against Livi. They have also not played since 10th August

Will go in our favour i think. 2 weeks without a competitive game is an age at this level. Can train all you want but need games to get up to speed.

B.H.F.C
22-08-2019, 02:41 PM

Historically aye. But they were dire in the league cup, and have lost 9 goals in 2 league games.

If we want to do well in the league this is the type of game we need to win.

A win makes it a reasonable start to the season. Dropped points and the negativity will grow.

Since452
22-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Historically aye. But they were dire in the league cup, and have lost 9 goals in 2 league games.

A win makes it a reasonable start to the season. Dropped points and the negativity will grow.

Yup. Our attacking and their defending should have Scotty and Flo licking their lips. Hibs 3 St Johnstone 1.

calumhibee1
22-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Read in the EEN that Porteous will be starting.

So did I. Only for them to tell us that he might start. Basically they don’t have a clue if he will or won’t :greengrin

JimBHibees
23-08-2019, 06:04 AM
So did I. Only for them to tell us that he might start. Basically they don’t have a clue if he will or won’t :greengrin

Listening to the managers interview yesterday was still talking about Ryan getting up to speed so would assume he will start on the bench. Jackson and Hanlon to start assuming . Interesting also he mentioned us playing with 2 centre backs Darren and Paul last season who weren't training so might explain Paul in particular not looking quite as sharp as has done previously.

JimBHibees
23-08-2019, 06:06 AM

We have lost 9 goals in our last two games also. They will get better just hope they aren't quite there yet.

B.H.F.C
23-08-2019, 06:22 AM
We have lost 9 goals in our last two games also. They will get better just hope they aren't quite there yet.

I know that but, even allowing for it, we still have the chance to have had a decent start to the season with a win tomorrow.

Just think it’s a bit of a cliche to talk about them being a tough but to crack when they’ve been losing to the likes of Montrose and Forfar. I expect us to win and think it’s really important that we do.

JimBHibees
23-08-2019, 06:29 AM
I know that but, even allowing for it, we still have the chance to have had a decent start to the season with a win tomorrow.

Just think it’s a bit of a cliche to talk about them being a tough but to crack when they’ve been losing to the likes of Montrose and Forfar. I expect us to win and think it’s really important that we do.

We have certainly found them a tough nut to crack as our record against them is very poor, honestly cant remember the last time we beat them at ER. Hope we win too.

GreenCastle
23-08-2019, 07:20 AM
Hope it's the start of a new phase for Hecky at the Wheel.

Marciano

Hanlon
Porteous
Jackson

Horgan
Vela
Slivka
Middleton

Allan in no.10 behind

Kamberi
Doidge

I would go with that team also.

I think Doidge and Kamberi can form a really good partnership if given a chance.