matty_f
20-08-2019, 10:28 PM
✅Tourette’s outrage
✅ Desert Island Pricks
✅ win against Morton
✅ Duncan Dares
✅ Heckingbottom transfer exclusive

All in episode 7: Tommy Wright’s Christmas Presents

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/106Uy5UnxsbpyLjarBpyyU?si=P5ekPZLQRLWbwUdyriqCAw
iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560

The 90+2
20-08-2019, 10:47 PM
Been waiting for this the last couple of days, thanks guysn👍

matty_f
20-08-2019, 10:55 PM

Nice one. Hope you enjoy it! :aok:

DaveF
21-08-2019, 07:13 AM
Tourette's Outrage :-)

Not listened yet but already looking forward to it.

matty_f
21-08-2019, 08:02 AM
Tourette's Outrage :-)

Not listened yet but already looking forward to it.

It wasn't a reference to the feedback we got, honest!

Pedantic_Hibee
21-08-2019, 10:03 AM

Worth the wait purely for Matty’s impersonation of Tommy Wright 😂😂

matty_f
21-08-2019, 11:02 AM
Worth the wait purely for Matty’s impersonation of Tommy Wright 😂😂

It was a very good impression. And by "very good" I mean "hilariously bad"... :agree:

04Sauzee
21-08-2019, 11:35 AM
Another great listen, listened to it on the way into work on the train. I'm Being greedy now but would be great to have a post match Bangers on a Monday and a pre match Bangers on a Friday. How you find time for it isn't really my problem :na na:

21-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Duncan Dares - Dare Ann Budge to put on her sexiest negligee and go into Wayne Rooney's hotel room.

matty_f
21-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Another great listen, listened to it on the way into work on the train. I'm Being greedy now but would be great to have a post match Bangers on a Monday and a pre match Bangers on a Friday. How you find time for it isn't really my problem :na na:

:greengrin:

If enough people listen we'd do it - the podcasts are great fun to make so as long as there are people listening to them, we can change when we put them out.

matty_f
21-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Duncan Dares - Dare Ann Budge to put on her sexiest negligee and go into Wayne Rooney's hotel room.

:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
21-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Good listen again guys.

Michael Higdon.
Ripple > Twirl

The 90+2
21-08-2019, 03:44 PM
Class listen guys. Loving the Ian Paisley impersonation too Matty 👍
Help a podcast appeal for £2 a month is a underrated belter Bryan 😂😂😂

matty_f
21-08-2019, 04:43 PM
Class listen guys. Loving the Ian Paisley impersonation too Matty 👍
Help a podcast appeal for £2 a month is a underrated belter Bryan 😂😂😂

Ian Paisley :faf:

Danderhall Hibs
21-08-2019, 04:44 PM
And well done for giving the Hibs talk guys a thank you (and well done to them for helping you) - glad it’s not a competition and there’s more than one podcast out there for us to listen to.

matty_f
21-08-2019, 05:22 PM
And well done for giving the Hibs talk guys a thank you (and well done to them for helping you) - glad it’s not a competition and there’s more than one podcast out there for us to listen to.
Cheers. It was never our intention to compete, we are going for something different so there’s room for both I hope.

Thanks for the feedback, these threads are great (for us) and really help us shape what we do.

They don’t help with accents and impressions though.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-08-2019, 05:26 PM
I’m now making it my mission in life to get you to do at least one impersonation per week.

04Sauzee
21-08-2019, 05:34 PM

I listen to alot of football related podcasts, I listen to Hibs talk and Longbangers and like here and the bounce they both have their place.

My favourite non hibs podcast is not that top 20 if anyone likes English football outside the EPL

matty_f
21-08-2019, 06:08 PM
I’m now making it my mission in life to get you to do at least one impersonation per week.

We can run competitions to see if anyone had the faintest idea who they are meant to be.

04Sauzee
21-08-2019, 06:10 PM
We can run competitions to see if anyone had the faintest idea who they are meant to be.

Ahh a bit stingy, making sure the prizes are safe

Pedantic_Hibee
21-08-2019, 06:18 PM

“Welcome to Episode 73 and we have our multi rollover from Episode 8 still to play for”

matty_f
21-08-2019, 06:33 PM
“Welcome to Episode 73 and we have our multi rollover from Episode 8 still to play for”

Turns out it was Ian Paisley after all.

Leitherhibs
21-08-2019, 07:26 PM
This is now my favourite podcast, and I listen to a lot of them.

matty_f
21-08-2019, 07:50 PM

👆 this is now my favourite post, and I read a lot of them. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
21-08-2019, 07:56 PM

Thanks mum x

matty_f
21-08-2019, 08:01 PM
Thanks mum x

:faf:

Lmc2105
21-08-2019, 08:09 PM
This is just getting better and better! You two are comedy gold! Made my episode look serious! 😂 need to have a listen it’s brilliant. Remember I want a show on deadline day especially given the history of Pedantic :greengrin

DaveF
21-08-2019, 08:17 PM
The king and queen of lame jokes (you can decide which is which 😃) it really is a cracking listen.

I don't do Twitter etc so I'm not classed as a follower but definitely a fan of the show. Well done.

Jonnyboy
21-08-2019, 08:27 PM
Great listen, guys. Really enjoyed it :aok:

matty_f
21-08-2019, 08:41 PM
This is just getting better and better! You two are comedy gold! Made my episode look serious! 😂 need to have a listen it’s brilliant. Remember I want a show on deadline day especially given the history of Pedantic :greengrin

Cheers - the deadline day show is a great idea.

Pedantic, we can sort that out, eh?

matty_f
21-08-2019, 08:45 PM
The king and queen of lame jokes (you can decide which is which 😃) it really is a cracking listen.

I don't do Twitter etc so I'm not classed as a follower but definitely a fan of the show. Well done.

Cheers Dave. Don’t know about king and queen but (sorry about this) more a pair of jokers.

*insert tumbleweed here

matty_f
21-08-2019, 08:45 PM
Great listen, guys. Really enjoyed it :aok:

Nice one Jonnyboy, thanks :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
21-08-2019, 08:49 PM
Cheers - the deadline day show is a great idea.

Pedantic, we can sort that out, eh?

When is deadline day?

Can we do it live?

Can I eat snacks on air?

Can we get Natalie Sawyer on the show?

Can you dress up as Jim White, or at least impersonate him?

matty_f
21-08-2019, 08:55 PM
When is deadline day?

Can we do it live?

Can I eat snacks on air?

Record it live from Aldi. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
21-08-2019, 09:02 PM

I’ll make enquiries on twitter post haste.

Lmc2105
21-08-2019, 09:09 PM
When is deadline day?

Can we do it live?

Can I eat snacks on air?

Natalie Sawyer on the show 😍!!! Sorry lads but the attention would be on her!!

It’s on the 2nd of September so yes a live podcast to cover the 2/3 stories Scotland will have which will obviously be loans 😆

Pedantic_Hibee
21-08-2019, 09:11 PM
Natalie Sawyer on the show 😍!!! Sorry lads but the attention would be on her!!

It’s on the 2nd of September so yes a live podcast to cover the 2/3 stories Scotland will have which will obviously be loans 😆

There’s no room for her to be honest, the role of “big pair of tits” has been taken up by Matty and me already 😂

matty_f
22-08-2019, 04:31 AM
There’s no room for her to be honest, the role of “big pair of tits” has been taken up by Matty and me already 😂

That and the fact that neither of is are legally allowed within 300m of her.

:greengrin

If anyone has any desert island pricks , celebrity encounters, or Duncan Dares, post them on here and we’ll cover them next time.

Where’s BillyHibs? I was waiting to see Billy’s thoughts on his part in this episode. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Aldi have just tweeted me back 😂

matty_f
22-08-2019, 07:55 AM
Aldi have just tweeted me back 😂

Just saw that!! Is it on? IS IT ON?? :faf:

22-08-2019, 11:16 AM
Desert Island Pricks - Morelos, Jamie Walker & Jordan Jones, though they might be of some use. With all the diving they do they should be good at catching fish.

BILLYHIBS
22-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Brilliant!

Really enjoyed that

Brian sounds really sensible

Many thanks for the shout out I really appreciated that

I am a shy boy really.

Thanks once again

matty_f
22-08-2019, 02:22 PM
Desert Island Pricks - Morelos, Jamie Walker & Jordan Jones, though they might be of some use. With all the diving they do they should be good at catching fish.

haha!! love it!!

matty_f
22-08-2019, 02:22 PM
Brilliant!

Really enjoyed that

Brian sounds really sensible

Many thanks for the shout out I really appreciated that

I am a shy boy really.

Thanks once again

No worries Billy, thanks for contributing!

matty_f
22-08-2019, 02:33 PM
With the Historical Trust obtaining Lawrie Reilly's medals, we'd like to hear what football memorabilia you'd like Hibs to get their hands on, so for example : the Natural Order banner, Jimmi Boco's dreadlocks, Alan Freeland's yellow cards etc, the bit of grass that tripped Mickey Weir up in the Skol Cup Final...

Jim44
22-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Really enjoyed that podcast. :top marks

22-08-2019, 03:32 PM
With the Historical Trust obtaining Lawrie Reilly's medals, we'd like to hear what football memorabilia you'd like Hibs to get their hands on, so for example : the Natural Order banner, Jimmi Boco's dreadlocks, Alan Freeland's yellow cards etc, the bit of grass that tripped Mickey Weir up in the Skol Cup Final...

The spirit level from when the pitch was first laid.

Jim44
22-08-2019, 03:33 PM

The grains of sand that momentarily blinded the officials at Leigh Griffith’s spectacular disallowed goal in the 2013 Derby.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2019, 03:40 PM

Simon Brown’s Weekly Diet Plan

matty_f
22-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Simon Brown’s Weekly Diet Plan

The 2000 team's blonde hair dye. (for a friend).

matty_f
22-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Really enjoyed that podcast. :top marks

Thanks Jim! :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
22-08-2019, 04:13 PM
My 1st listen to any of your podcasts
Well done guys good listen. Generally like slightly shorter podcasts, but you spun this one out well
Will try and have a listen to the next one!

matty_f
22-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Well done guys good listen. Generally like slightly shorter podcasts, but you spun this one out well

Thanks Billy!

Danderhall Hibs
22-08-2019, 04:43 PM

When you put 2 slavers together you get a podcast that runs over the conventional 45 minutes. 😂 It’s hard to listen in x1.5 as well.

Billy Whizz
22-08-2019, 04:46 PM
When you put 2 slavers together you get a podcast that runs over the conventional 45 minutes. 😂 It’s hard to listen in x1.5 as well.

I’ll do that next time DH🤣

bingo70
22-08-2019, 04:49 PM
No worries Billy, thanks for contributing!

Thanks for clearing up why Billy always posted Hibs as HIBS too, no offence Billy but that used to annoy me, find it quite funny now though.

MSK
22-08-2019, 05:27 PM
With the Historical Trust obtaining Lawrie Reilly's medals, we'd like to hear what football memorabilia you'd like Hibs to get their hands on, so for example : the Natural Order banner, Jimmi Boco's dreadlocks, Alan Freeland's yellow cards etc, the bit of grass that tripped Mickey Weir up in the Skol Cup Final...Budgies putt putt moped or Conrad Logans food bill 😆

Carheenlea
22-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Entertaining show once again :aok:

My Desert Island Dicks would include two Hibs themed companions from hell. First would be George Craig - I love Hibs, but with George, there would be absolutely no respite from dawn till dusk as he talks without stopping for breath, and would be too much for even the most fanatical of Hibs Supporters, as nice a chap as George is.
The other would be John Collins. If your stuck on a desert Island then you might as well enjoy it the best you can by lounging on the beach. That’s unlikely to happen with JC around, or at least not before forcing you into a gruelling fitness regime and continually showing off his six pack to demonstrate what you might have yourself if you put in the hours.
The third would be Ewan Murray. Not the genial Sky Sports golf commentator, the other one - the golf writer for The Guardian and Grade A Jambo roaster. His twitter ramblings are KickBackesque, and while I like my golf and his golf writing is decent, he makes my blood boil with a short Hearts/anti Hibs tweet, so being stuck with him would never end well.

sleeping giant
22-08-2019, 05:59 PM

Marvin Bartleys finger .

Really like the podcast Matty.
I listen to it in the car on my travels.
It's knocked the Infinite Monkey Cage off my goto list.
Wee shout out to Hibs Talk too.
Great stuff guys.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all the generous words folks, it’s much appreciated. Not sure how I feel about being labelled sensible mind you, I’ll have to up my game a bit 😂

matty_f
22-08-2019, 06:58 PM
Marvin Bartleys finger .

Really like the podcast Matty.
I listen to it in the car on my travels.
It's knocked the Infinite Monkey Cage off my goto list.
Wee shout out to Hibs Talk too.
Great stuff guys.

Bartley’s finger :faf: :faf:

Thanks for listening and for the feedback!

matty_f
22-08-2019, 07:05 PM
Entertaining show once again :aok:

My Desert Island Dicks would include two Hibs themed companions from hell. First would be George Craig - I love Hibs, but with George, there would be absolutely no respite from dawn till dusk as he talks without stopping for breath, and would be too much for even the most fanatical of Hibs Supporters, as nice a chap as George is.
The other would be John Collins. If your stuck on a desert Island then you might as well enjoy it the best you can by lounging on the beach. That’s unlikely to happen with JC around, or at least not before forcing you into a gruelling fitness regime and continually showing off his six pack to demonstrate what you might have yourself if you put in the hours.
The third would be Ewan Murray. Not the genial Sky Sports golf commentator, the other one - the golf writer for The Guardian and Grade A Jambo roaster. His twitter ramblings are KickBackesque, and while I like my golf and his golf writing is decent, he makes my blood boil with a short Hearts/anti Hibs tweet, so being stuck with him would never end well.
Great choices!!!

KDY Hibs
22-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Really enjoyed this, again! Looking forward to the next one! Keep up the good work, honest opinions from genuine fans!

matty_f
22-08-2019, 09:21 PM
Really enjoyed this, again! Looking forward to the next one! Keep up the good work, honest opinions from genuine fans!

Thanks very much mate. :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
23-08-2019, 06:38 AM

I’m actually a Jambo and Hermit Crab is a decoy to take the attention away from me.

Billy Whizz
23-08-2019, 07:35 AM
I’m actually a Jambo and Hermit Crab is a decoy to take the attention away from me.

You should get him on, your listening figures will go through the roof

The 90+2
23-08-2019, 08:04 AM
For the DID’s

Andy Walker for being and a welt & moaning complaining and going over the top with every last thing imaginable on the island.

Neil Doncaster for being a welt and sitting there scratching his baws, not having any idea at all how to contribute in any shape or form.

Andy Halliday - for being a welt and leading a mass celebration that everyone was eventually getting off this Island in about 20 minutes time....

matty_f
23-08-2019, 08:47 AM
For the DID’s

Andy Walker for being and a welt & moaning complaining and going over the top with every last thing imaginable on the island.

Neil Doncaster for being a welt and sitting there scratching his baws, not having any idea at all how to contribute in any shape or form.

Andy Halliday - for being a welt and leading a mass celebration that everyone was eventually getting off this Island in about 20 minutes time....

Good choices. Imagine being stuck on an island with those pricks.

matty_f
23-08-2019, 08:47 AM
You should get him on, your listening figures will go through the roof

We’re up for it if Hermit is :faf:

bigwheel
24-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Shout out for this weeks episode ...had me laughing out loud in the car.

@pedantichibee lines about Skacel and Traynor on desert island almost had me crashing the car - very funny !!

Ps thx for noting it was the horrible Sevco Gordon Smith, I was referring to - not God. [emoji106][emoji106]

Keep up the great work

bigwheel
24-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Ps. Surely new dares thing should be “Arthur Duncan Dares” [emoji2]. You’re welcome !

matty_f
24-08-2019, 10:38 AM

@pedantichibee lines about Skacel and Traynor on desert island almost had me crashing the car - very funny !!

Ps thx for noting it was the horrible Sevco Gordon Smith, I was referring to - not God. [emoji106][emoji106]

Keep up the great work

Cheers! Arthur Duncan Dares :faf:

Pedantic_Hibee
24-08-2019, 12:24 PM

Keep up the great work

Thanks for the feedback, kind Sir.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-08-2019, 03:27 PM
This weeks podcast could be fun 🙈

The 90+2
25-08-2019, 03:34 PM
This weeks podcast could be fun 🙈

Perhaps put a disclaimer at the start warning of severe expletives 🙈

Pedantic_Hibee
25-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Perhaps put a disclaimer at the start warning of severe expletives 🙈

I don’t even know where to start with summing it all up.

DaveF
25-08-2019, 03:53 PM
I don’t even know where to start with summing it all up.

How about with an extra long horse type noise 😁

Danderhall Hibs
25-08-2019, 03:58 PM

:hilarious fast becoming his catchphrase.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-08-2019, 04:03 PM

Funnily enough, that popped into my head this morning 😂😂

matty_f
25-08-2019, 04:16 PM

Mr Ped. :agree: