PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Supporters Meeting at Sunnyside

OfficialHSL
20-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Can we just provide a friendly reminder to Members/Donators and HSA Members that we are holding a Consultation Meeting tomorrow at the HSA at Sunnyside at 6.30 pm.

This is your Organisation so please come along to give us your views on the way forward.

Hibernian Supporters

Monktonhall 7
21-08-2019, 09:22 PM
Any updates from tonight’s meeting?

monktonharp
22-08-2019, 01:02 AM
did not know about this. when was it advertised?:confused:

Crunchie
22-08-2019, 04:15 AM
Can we just provide a friendly reminder to Members/Donators and HSA Members that we are holding a Consultation Meeting tomorrow at the HSA at Sunnyside at 6.30 pm.

This is your Organisation so please come along to give us your views on the way forward.

Hibernian Supporters

Hi Jim, I sent you a private message :aok:

Hibbyradge
22-08-2019, 07:44 AM
What did we learn from the meeting? :dunno:

DaveF
22-08-2019, 07:47 AM
did not know about this. when was it advertised?:confused:

You had emails if you are an HSL member and it was mentioned on here lots of times.

banchoryhibs
22-08-2019, 09:12 AM
What did we learn from the meeting? :dunno:

HSL remains committed to acquiring shares, especially to reach the highly important 25.1%. This will be a challenge but not impossible.
HSL will shortly canvass all members asking how they would like their contributions to be used i.e. solely for the acquisition of shares, solely to the playing budget or a mix of both.
All funds currently held will be retained by HSL as a reserve for share purchases.
Comms covering all of this will be issued to members imminently

Pagan Hibernia
22-08-2019, 09:49 AM
HSL remains committed to acquiring shares, especially to reach the highly important 25.1%. This will be a challenge but not impossible.
HSL will shortly canvass all members asking how they would like their contributions to be used i.e. solely for the acquisition of shares, solely to the playing budget or a mix of both.
All funds currently held will be retained by HSL as a reserve for share purchases.
Comms covering all of this will be issued to members imminently

Thanks for this.

when you say they are going to canvass all members on how contributions are to be used, do you mean all the members vote and the majority is what the funds go towards, or do you mean every individual member gets to decide what his/her money is used for?

Blaster
22-08-2019, 10:02 AM
I will stop my measly £10 per month unless it goes to the football budget. Others will have their own preference which is fair enough but that’s mine

Daniel 1875
22-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Thanks for this.

when you say they are going to canvass all members on how contributions are to be used, do you mean all the members vote and the majority is what the funds go towards, or do you mean every individual member gets to decide what his/her money is used for?

The feeling at last week's meeting at ER was that each individual member should have the chance to decide where their personal contributions go (shares, playing budget etc) and the design of the HS website should allow this to happen quite easily. Unless something different was discussed at the Hibs Club last night (I wasn't at the meeting yesterday) I think this is the proposition that will be put to members for approval.

Monts
22-08-2019, 10:31 AM
I will stop my measly £10 per month unless it goes anywhere other than the football budget. Others will have their own preference which is fair enough but that’s mine

You don't want to contribute to the football budget?

Blaster
22-08-2019, 10:46 AM
You don't want to contribute to the football budget?

Sorry my post is poorly worded. I only want my money to go to the football budget.

Blaster
22-08-2019, 10:50 AM
Your previous post suggests the opposite, just badly phrased.

:greengrin

I know. Better edit it 😂😂

banchoryhibs
22-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Thanks for this.

My understanding is that each member will be canvassed and the funds disbursed in accordance with their wishes. If you want your money to be used to buy shares, it will be. If it is to go to the football dept that's where it will end up.
HSL will no doubt confirm the exact arrangements shortly.

04Sauzee
22-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Sorry my post is poorly worded. I only want my money to go to the football budget.
Nothing to stop Hibs diverting Season Ticket money, advertising money etc away from the football budget so actually the footabll budget remains the same just HSL money is now part of the football budget

Blaster
22-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Nothing to stop Hibs diverting Season Ticket money, advertising money etc away from the football budget so actually the footabll budget remains the same just HSL money is now part of the football budget

Very true. I guess it’s all about trust

I’ll take the gamble of the money at least going into the club rather than a shareholder’s pocket

04Sauzee
22-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Very true. I guess it’s all about trust

I’ll take the gamble of the money at least going into the club rather than a shareholder’s pocket

Absolutely, if i was paying my money i'd prefer it to go to a Transfer budget, but i'm not convinced that would make our transfer budget significantly bigger as money from other sources would be diverted away. Unless of course we ended up being like FOH with 8K active members

DanishJohn
22-08-2019, 12:31 PM

Am I correct in thinking that what you are proposing is that the playing budget is made up of contributions from just one part of the Hibs support ie HSL ?

Seems fairer if the budget is made up from contributions from all supporters..

ahibby
22-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Am I correct in thinking that what you are proposing is that the playing budget is made up of contributions from just one part of the Hibs support ie HSL ?

Seems fairer if the budget is made up from contributions from all supporters..

Maybe I'm alone in my thinking but before I donate anymore money I need to see a clear statement from both HSL and the club which informs us exactly what their intentions are. I would like the club to make it clear that season ticket money and gate money is used towards the team, i.e. bringing in and paying players. They should make it clear that money from HSL for team purposes won't mean that the equivalent amount is diverted from season tickets and gate receipts for other costs.

I'm disappointed that nearly a million pounds already raised hasn't already found it's way to the team budget. I was always, until very recently that is, under the impression that was the purpose of it all, i.e. I thought the previous owners had said that share money would go to the team budget but perhaps I am imagining that. It needs to be sorted promptly otherwise I can see many donation sources pulling out.

Juniper Greens
22-08-2019, 01:23 PM
When’s the deadline to be on 1875 Franks to be a founding member?

Golden Bear
22-08-2019, 01:48 PM
I would join if I receive guarantees that my contribution would go directly to the Club in order to create a healthy transfer kitty or go towards players signing on fees /wages.

As for share purchase, then no thanks.

Daniel 1875
22-08-2019, 01:50 PM
When’s the deadline to be on 1875 Franks to be a founding member?

It’s 20th October I believe

Monts
22-08-2019, 02:12 PM
It’s 20th October I believe

Any word on whether trading in private shares would contribute towards getting your name on the shirt?

Daniel 1875
22-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Any word on whether trading in private shares would contribute towards getting your name on the shirt?

Not something I’ve personally heard discussed but sure it’s something Jim and the board could answer.

It’s been £225/1875 Francks from the initial launch I think so unless share donation is worth £225 some might feel it’s unfair - one to email them about.

Monts
22-08-2019, 02:20 PM
Not something I’ve personally heard discussed but sure it’s something Jim and the board could answer.

It’s been £225/1875 Francks from the initial launch I think so unless share donation is worth £225 some might feel it’s unfair - one to email them about.
Think the smallest share purchase you could make at the last issue was £200, so the shares plus £25 would be enough. Could be a good way to get people to part with their shares. Name on the shirt as good as name on a bit of pair.

Daniel 1875
22-08-2019, 02:28 PM
Think the smallest share purchase you could make at the last issue was £200, so the shares plus £25 would be enough. Could be a good way to get people to part with their shares. Name on the shirt as good as name on a bit of pair.

Yeah agree that’s a good idea. There was talk at the Easter Road meeting last week to find out the minimum number of shares you need to hold on to to continue to get an invite to the AGM.

HS has suggested keeping 50 shares as a way to keep a share certificate/AGM invite and then donate the rest to help HS in their goal to achieve 25.1%.

Perhaps if they could offer Francks in exchange for shares they may get some more people coming forward ahead of the third kit deadline in October.

DanishJohn
22-08-2019, 02:48 PM
Maybe I'm alone in my thinking but before I donate anymore money I need to see a clear statement from both HSL and the club which informs us exactly what their intentions are. I would like the club to make it clear that season ticket money and gate money is used towards the team, i.e. bringing in and paying players. They should make it clear that money from HSL for team purposes won't mean that the equivalent amount is diverted from season tickets and gate receipts for other costs.

I'm disappointed that nearly a million pounds already raised hasn't already found it's way to the team budget. I was always, until very recently that is, under the impression that was the purpose of it all, i.e. I thought the previous owners had said that share money would go to the team budget but perhaps I am imagining that. It needs to be sorted promptly otherwise I can see many donation sources pulling out.

Thats you adding to the negativity again.

Tell us how you know the million pounds raised hasn't found its way to the team budget.

banchoryhibs
22-08-2019, 02:58 PM

At last week's meeting Leeann confirmed that HSL money did indeed go to the playing budget. There is no doubt that some of the players signed over the past few years would not have arrived had it not been for HSL contributions.

OfficialHSL
22-08-2019, 06:42 PM

ahibby

We're not sure if we are talking at cross purposes here but for the avoidance of any doubt we are happy to confirm that all previous funds raised prior to the recent transaction has been passed to the Club and has been spent on player wages etc. This has been confirmed by Leeann and indeed I understand that all previous Fan Rep Directors have confirmed this.

If you are an HSL Member you will very shortly be giving us your instructions regarding going forward. In terms of all future funds being passed to the Club for the football Team we sense that all, if not most of our Members, are happy with the current arrangement and trust our Board that funds passed to them will be directed to the Football Dept.

Hibernian Supporters

OfficialHSL
22-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Absolutely, if i was paying my money i'd prefer it to go to a Transfer budget, but i'm not convinced that would make our transfer budget significantly bigger as money from other sources would be diverted away. Unless of course we ended up being like FOH with 8K active members

04Sauzee

Please feel free to join at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Remember the FOH didn't always have 8k Members, they had to grow to that figure. Help us to grow.

Hibernian Supporters

OfficialHSL
22-08-2019, 06:48 PM

bernz

Yes, why not. We are at liberty to trade for shares using Francks. You need 1875 Francks to achieve Membership and get your name on the shirt.

If you have shares please email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters

OfficialHSL
22-08-2019, 06:49 PM
I would join if I receive guarantees that my contribution would go directly to the Club in order to create a healthy transfer kitty or go towards players signing on fees /wages.

As for share purchase, then no thanks.

Golden Bear

Please feel free to join at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters

OfficialHSL
22-08-2019, 06:52 PM

Daniel

We have given a positive answer to this in the previous post.

There is little point in us posting out a cheque for £225 to buy someones shares only for them to sent us £225 back to join.

Hibernian Supporters

jacomo
22-08-2019, 09:56 PM

:agree:

DanishJohn
23-08-2019, 05:39 AM

jacomo

Why don't you engage directly with HSL ?

Any reason for that ?

Tell them exactly what you think and wait for their answer.

Healthy debate etc etc

green day
23-08-2019, 05:46 AM

You should really read the answers on the previous page before agreeing with a post that has already been answered......................

CentreLine
23-08-2019, 09:43 AM

How many clear statements does one need before it sinks in that all funds from HSL have gone to the player budget. The only reason there is a potential for change now is due to the recent change in club ownership having taken up all of the available new shares. Maybe it’s different at HahahahaHearts of course.

ahibby
23-08-2019, 09:50 AM
How many clear statements does one need before it sinks in that all funds from HSL have gone to the player budget. The only reason there is a potential for change now is due to the recent change in club ownership having taken up all of the available new shares. Maybe it’s different at HahahahaHearts of course.

I must be missing something then, perhaps because there are too many posts to cover on the subject. I was under the impression that HSL hold somewhere in the region of £800K in a bank account and haven't released that to the club yet. And they won't release it until they have asked members how they want their contribution spent, i.e. on transfers, infrastructure or to by shares from minor holders. Have I got that bit wrong?

Daniel 1875
23-08-2019, 10:04 AM
I must be missing something then, perhaps because there are too many posts to cover on the subject. I was under the impression that HSL hold somewhere in the region of £800K in a bank account and haven't released that to the club yet. And they won't release it until they have asked members how they want their contribution spent, i.e. on transfers, infrastructure or to by shares from minor holders. Have I got that bit wrong?

HSL have been contributing monthly to the club since 2014. Up until Ron Gordon's take over the funds were contributed in exchange for shares, with all money going to the playing budget. Hibernian Supporters Ltd owns around 15% of the club on behalf of its members at the moment.

Since RG's takeover he has stated there are no more shares to be bought, ie the previous arrangement with Sir Tom Farmer is no longer in existence. The funds which have been donated to Hibernian Supporters since the takeover and statement re shares (around £50k) has been held by Hibernian Supporters until the members have voted on what they want to happen with the money.

It looks like Hibernian Supporters will give members the chance to vote on the proposition that going forward, individual members will have the chance to decide where their individual donations go (player budget, a share fund etc).

All funds until the takeover were used for the playing budget and any members wishing for their donations to continue to go directly to the playing budget will still be able to do that going forward if the members vote through a proposal which allows individuals to choose where their money goes.

DanishJohn
23-08-2019, 10:07 AM

Sorry but you indeed have got that wrong.

All monies raised by HSL over the last few years were handed to the club in exchange for shares.
That is how HSL now holds 15.4% of shares in Hibs. Bearing in mind, before HSL, fan ownership in Hibs was probably under 2%.

A magnificent effort by the board of HSL and members of HSL

Onwards and upwards, next stop 20%

ahibby
23-08-2019, 10:15 AM
HSL have been contributing monthly to the club since 2014. Up until Ron Gordon's take over the funds were contributed in exchange for shares, with all money going to the playing budget. Hibernian Supporters Ltd owns around 15% of the club on behalf of its members at the moment.

Since RG's takeover he has stated there are no more shares to be bought, ie the previous arrangement with Sir Tom Farmer is no longer in existence. The funds which have been donated to Hibernian Supporters since the takeover and statement re shares (around £50k) has been held by Hibernian Supporters until the members have voted on what they want to happen with the money.

It looks like Hibernian Supporters will give members the chance to vote on the proposition that going forward, individual members will have the chance to decide where their individual donations go (player budget, a share fund etc).

All funds until the takeover were used for the playing budget and any members wishing for their donations to continue to go directly to the playing budget will still be able to do that going forward if the members vote through a proposal which allows individuals to choose where their money goes.

Got it now, it's only £50k outstanding. That makes sense, I'm not sure why I thought £800k from, my bad.

CentreLine
23-08-2019, 09:15 PM
Got it now, it's only £50k outstanding. That makes sense, I'm not sure why I thought £800k from, my bad.

You need to be congratulated very sincerely for having seen and acknowledged the error. Far too often these inaccurate statements are made on here, criticising HSL and it’s efforts. When the argument is totally debunked in a measured and accurate way, all too often the poster just vanishes and it looks very like a deliberate attempt is being made in a coordinated way to undermine the club and HSL
I, for one, take my hat off to you sir 👍🏻

Sammy7nil
23-08-2019, 09:27 PM
You need to be congratulated very sincerely for having seen and acknowledged the error. Far too often these inaccurate statements are made on here, criticising HSL and it’s efforts. When the argument is totally debunked in a measured and accurate way, all too often the poster just vanishes and it looks very like a deliberate attempt is being made in a coordinated way to undermine the club and HSL
I, for one, take my hat off to you sir 👍🏻

Let's see yer hat :witch::blowing

CentreLine
23-08-2019, 09:57 PM
Let's see yer hat :witch::blowing

🎅🏼This is my off season. As in “hats off”