PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: INJURY UPDATE | DARREN McGREGOR

SteveHFC
20-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Out of action for several weeks.

Northernhibee
20-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Hopefully we're getting all our bad luck out of the way at the start of the season. Injuries, disallowed goals, hit posts three times - does nothing to help the downbeat feeling on here.

SteveHFC
20-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Hopefully we're getting all our bad luck out of the way at the start of the season. Injuries, disallowed goals, hit posts three times - does nothing to help the downbeat feeling on here.

Also shows we need a few more players in before the deadline next week.

RSS Bot
20-08-2019, 01:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10221)

Allant1981
20-08-2019, 01:20 PM

We are pretty well covered at CH though, jackson will come in and replace him, porteous is almost fully fit again so we are ok there

Northernhibee
20-08-2019, 01:22 PM

A DM, a striker and I'm happy TBH.

hughio
20-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Come back stronger Dazzer.
We need you.

Ageing knees or not you are still the Guvner at the back IMO (forgetting Aberdeen semi):wink:

hibee_girl
20-08-2019, 01:25 PM
14 minutes our back four were back together, 14 minutes 🙈

Vault Boy
20-08-2019, 01:33 PM
Rotten luck. Step up Porto and Jackson.

matty_f
20-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Opens the door for Jackson or Porteous. Good options to have to step in.

Hope Daz is back fighting fit soon though.

Since452
20-08-2019, 01:52 PM
Tin hat on but not a disaster. He wouldn't be a first pick for me and I'd have Porteous in there before him. Hope he makes a quick recovery as the more fit players the better.

DTS
20-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Not a disaster we’re well stocked at centre back and also don’t think Darren when everyone’s fit is a starter anyway. I expect by the time the seasons out our first choice centre backs to be Jackson and Porteous. Hanlon might be ahead of Jackson due to him being more balanced on the left but porteous played there with efe plenty

Lago
20-08-2019, 02:54 PM
Unfortunately certain of our old guard are more susceptible to injury & take longer to recover full fitness, a 4 year deal was a bit of a luxury where he & Gray are concerned

overdrive
20-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Tin hat on but not a disaster. He wouldn't be a first pick for me and I'd have Porteous in there before him. Hope he makes a quick recovery as the more fit players the better.

I’m the same but it leaves us short a bit. Porteous broke down soon after returning from this injury the first time. We don’t want to be rushing him back.

Allant1981
20-08-2019, 03:09 PM
Unfortunately certain of our old guard are more susceptible to injury & take longer to recover full fitness, a 4 year deal was a bit of a luxury where he & Gray are concerned

The 4 year contracts weren't just playing contracts though

Lago
20-08-2019, 03:19 PM
I know but even allowing for that remarkably generous.

Tyler Durden
20-08-2019, 04:04 PM
I know but even allowing for that remarkably generous.

Not sure how you can say that as we don’t know the terms. It might be that Hibs can move them to an ambassador or coach role after 1 or 2 years.

We don’t actually know so not sure how it’s generous, as the wages in their non playing role won’t be prohibitive IMO. I can’t see that we’d offer the deals otherwise.

The 90+2
20-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Back stronger Daz.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-08-2019, 05:45 PM

Yup And some are saying LD needs to reconnect the fans and club....
It’s through ambassadors like Daz that is surely worth his weight in goals - a living, playing, articulate legend who will slot easily into a role within the club. LD knows what she’s got and long may he be within the club imo.

If you don’t get that your not really getting Hibs and this is what we’ve been crying out for since the couldn’t care less journeymen of the Fenlon era.

B.H.F.C
20-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Yup And some are saying LD needs to reconnect the fans and club....
It’s through ambassadors like Daz that is surely worth his weight in goals - a living, playing, articulate legend who will slot easily into a role within the club. LD knows what she’s got and long may he be within the club imo.

If you don’t get that your not really getting Hibs and this is what we’ve been crying out for since the couldn’t care less journeymen of the Fenlon era.

Totally agree there should always be a place at the club for them. There always will be in some capacity. Equally, our squad is pretty stretched and we’re being told that we can’t afford any more players, so we need our first team players to be fit and available more often than not.

I don’t think it’s a huge issue where Daz is concerned. At his age he can be ‘moved’ in to the alternative roles relatively soon.

Lago
20-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Totally agree there should always be a place at the club for them. There always will be in some capacity. Equally, our squad is pretty stretched and we’re being told that we can’t afford any more players, so we need our first team players to be fit and available more often than not.

I don’t think it’s a huge issue where Daz is concerned. At his age he can be ‘moved’ in to the alternative roles relatively soon.

And what are those alternative roles?

B.H.F.C
20-08-2019, 06:33 PM
And what are those alternative roles?

Don’t know what they agreed. Just that it was made clear there were/are other roles for them as part of the contract.

Bright_Hibee
21-08-2019, 11:41 AM
Hope he is back soon. Love big Daz and his commitment. Need that on the park.

The_Horde
21-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Hope Porto hasn't had a bit of a setback. I'd he didn't play yesterday and wasn't in the squad at the weekend is it right to be concerned?