PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings transfer fee

Forza Fred
20-08-2019, 09:41 AM
Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly how much we received from Nottingham Forest for Jason Cummings?

It came up in conversation that the amount would have appeared in a previous annual report, but I always thought all transfer business was lumped together in those reports, making it still a matter of guesswork as what we got for whom.

Whatever the reason, I obviously have failed to keep up, so can anyone advise me?

Hibernian32
20-08-2019, 09:47 AM
I think it was around 800k mark

MikeyS
20-08-2019, 09:48 AM
Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly how much we received from Nottingham Forest for Jason Cummings?

It came up in conversation that the amount would have appeared in a previous annual report, but I always thought all transfer business was lumped together in those reports, making it still a matter of guesswork as what we got for whom.

Whatever the reason, I obviously have failed to keep up, so can anyone advise me?

I remember someone on here advising that it was around 500k. That info had apparently come from a family member of JC

Forza Fred
20-08-2019, 09:49 AM
I think it was around 800k mark

Is that figure from an annual report?

Hibernian32
20-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Is that figure from an annual report?

Sorry mate its not in black and white just from what I've heard and i seen reported, it was under a million anyway

Pedantic_Hibee
20-08-2019, 10:03 AM
I’m sure someone on here knows JC’s dad, he can maybe enlighten us.

Aim Here
20-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Transfermarkt says 1.1 million and the Daily Record says ~£1 million

CMurdoch
20-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Reading all the guff at the time, £500k seemed to make the most sense.
There may be another £500k in add ons which would give the £1 million figure.
Obviously we quickly realised we were not going to get any of the add ons :wink:.

J-C
20-08-2019, 10:25 AM
It was £500k, hence why Warburton was so chuffed when he got him.

Was told by his dad who is a good mate, he laughed when I asked if it was over £1m.

FilipinoHibs
20-08-2019, 10:32 AM
As in all these transfers nobody really knows. We need a sworn affidavit signed by JC.

Greencore
20-08-2019, 10:54 AM
990k according to this.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jason-cummings/profil/spieler/209583

oldbutdim
20-08-2019, 11:01 AM

Transfer figures aren't easily identified from the audited accounts. There may be a lump of income, but that could include 'add ons' from previous deals, and exclude 'future payments' if (for instance) the fee is staggered over a few years.

It's quite possible even the player won't know the figure - unless part of the deal was him getting a percentage, in which case his agent and he would have to be given the exact amount.

It's all just guesswork and hearsay I reckon.

RoxburghHibs
20-08-2019, 11:23 AM

Someone posted Notts Forrest account details on here a while back that showed we got £990k for JC. Warburton did say it cost them under £1m so that would also add up.

KWJ
20-08-2019, 12:16 PM
We were outraged at the time at the thought of getting under a million. Looks like good business now.

Ah, Jason.

Stokesy's on fire
20-08-2019, 09:22 PM
We need to try and get him back to hibs

FilipinoHibs
20-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Someone posted Notts Forrest account details on here a while back that showed we got £990k for JC. Warburton did say it cost them under £1m so that would also add up.

So the ITK 500k a load of guff.

Forza Fred
20-08-2019, 11:07 PM
Transfer figures aren't easily identified from the audited accounts. There may be a lump of income, but that could include 'add ons' from previous deals, and exclude 'future payments' if (for instance) the fee is staggered over a few years.

It's quite possible even the player won't know the figure - unless part of the deal was him getting a percentage, in which case his agent and he would have to be given the exact amount.

It's all just guesswork and hearsay I reckon.

Thank you.

While there have been many well intentioned responses, I think yours confirms what I believed...ie just ‘waiting for the accounts’ will not shine a light on a specific deal.

FilipinoHibs
21-08-2019, 06:25 AM
Thank you.

While there have been many well intentioned responses, I think yours confirms what I believed...ie just ‘waiting for the accounts’ will not shine a light on a specific deal.

The Nottingham Forest accounts seemed to show a specific figure for the Cummings deal.

Springbank
21-08-2019, 06:38 AM
Im not itk but just strikes me its possible for forest to have spent £990k on the Cummings transfer (hibs & agents & miscellaneous fees) and for Hibs to have received £500k of it

The Spaceman
21-08-2019, 06:47 AM
Even £500k looks like good business right now...!

FilipinoHibs
21-08-2019, 06:50 AM
The Nottingham Forest accounts seemed to show a specific figure for the Cummings deal.

Had a look at the accounts for year ending May 2018 and they do not show I individual transfer fees just the total for the financial year.

Caversham Green
21-08-2019, 08:28 AM
Im not itk but just strikes me its possible for forest to have spent £990k on the Cummings transfer (hibs & agents & miscellaneous fees) and for Hibs to have received £500k of it

As I understand it the player, his agent and the associations all get a cut of any transfer transactions (unless the player has requested a transfer) so the cost showing in Forest's accounts will be higher than the amount coming into Hibs. Having said that, the difference between your two figures seems rather high to me.

I've looked at both sets of accounts - JC signed for Forest in June 2017 and their year end is 31 May so the cost appears in their 2018 accounts. Transfer fees paid in that year were £6.6m and aren't broken down so that doesn't tell us much at all.

Hibs year end is 30 June so the transfer income appears in the 2017 accounts. Those accounts show: Gain on disposal £476,134; cost of asset disposed £92,792 and Amortisation on Asset disposed £51,429. Those last two are the capitalised costs of players contracts less the amount allocated to revenue over the period of the contract, so the net book value of the disposal was £41,363. Add that to the gain and the amount received by Hibs was £517,497. assuming my first paragraph is correct, and no other players with a book value were sold or released in the year that suggests the base transfer fee was probably a tad over £600,000.

brog
21-08-2019, 08:40 AM
So the ITK 500k a load of guff.

Talking of a load of guff, where's this striker you said was inbound about 2 or more weeks ago? :wink: Is he on Ryanair?

brog
21-08-2019, 08:51 AM
As I understand it the player, his agent and the associations all get a cut of any transfer transactions (unless the player has requested a transfer) so the cost showing in Forest's accounts will be higher than the amount coming into Hibs. Having said that, the difference between your two figures seems rather high to me.

I've looked at both sets of accounts - JC signed for Forest in June 2017 and their year end is 31 May so the cost appears in their 2018 accounts. Transfer fees paid in that year were £6.6m and aren't broken down so that doesn't tell us much at all.

Hibs year end is 30 June so the transfer income appears in the 2017 accounts. Those accounts show: Gain on disposal £476,134; cost of asset disposed £92,792 and Amortisation on Asset disposed £51,429. Those last two are the capitalised costs of players contracts less the amount allocated to revenue over the period of the contract, so the net book value of the disposal was £41,363. Add that to the gain and the amount received by Hibs was £517,497. assuming my first paragraph is correct, and no other players with a book value were sold or released in the year that suggests the base transfer fee was probably a tad over £600,000.

Spot on. IIRC someone, possibly NL said there was some additional money for JC being paid in 2018. The accounts for last year show income from sales of £270k so I suggest total for JC is anywhere between £600k & £870k, at a guess about £700k. It's a shame, for many reasons that he hasn't flourished since leaving ER but from our perspective we're losing out on a sell on fee.

FilipinoHibs
21-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Talking of a load of guff, where's this striker you said was inbound about 2 or more weeks ago? :wink: Is he on Ryanair?

He's signed. Was playing on Saturday. Ok he was an attacker, winger, forward. But close.

brog
21-08-2019, 10:27 AM
He's signed. Was playing on Saturday. Ok he was an attacker, winger, forward. But close.

You're just making it up now. When I asked before you said he was coming from England after their window closed. I don't think Weegieland quite qualifies as England!

FilipinoHibs
21-08-2019, 10:30 AM
You're just making it up now. When I asked before you said he was coming from England after their window closed. I don't think Weegieland quite qualifies as England!

Maybe Ibrox does. You are right the info I had was he was coming from England but I think my contact info got crossed with Barker coming to Rangers then Middleton can come to us.

I'm Spartacus
21-08-2019, 11:40 AM
A few questions about our finances appearing on here these days, what's that all about??

eastcoasthibby
21-08-2019, 11:47 AM
A few questions about our finances appearing on here these days, what's that all about??

People questioning what we have spent the MCGinn money, ST money at 12.5 ST's and the loss of around 14 players wages from last season with 7 players in ...feelings that the nothing left in the kitty just doesn't sit right, especially when there is a strong feeling that we are a couple shirt in the squad ...the start to the season with injuries and fairly weak performances haven't helped the situation ..

Monts
21-08-2019, 01:03 PM
People questioning what we have spent the MCGinn money, ST money at 12.5 ST's and the loss of around 14 players wages from last season with 7 players in ...feelings that the nothing left in the kitty just doesn't sit right, especially when there is a strong feeling that we are a couple shirt in the squad ...the start to the season with injuries and fairly weak performances haven't helped the situation ..

Who are the 14 players that have left?

Forza Fred
21-08-2019, 01:17 PM

No ulterior motive in my o.p.

Had a discussion on another forum and nobody seemed to know exactly what JC went for, but that it would be transparent in our end of year accounts.

I couldn’t find any reference to it hence my question.

Since452
21-08-2019, 02:06 PM
Whatever we got it's a lot more than he's worth now so good deal in hindsight

stoneyburn hibs
21-08-2019, 03:18 PM
I’m sure someone on here knows JC’s dad, he can maybe enlighten us.

😁😁

J-C
21-08-2019, 07:53 PM
😁😁

I've already answered this, he's a mate of mine of many years, when I asked him at the time I suggested £1m+, he laughed and said try half of that and you're nearer the mark. JC would only sign the new contract if it had the release clause in it, I think it was all organised for him to leave at the end of that season and Hibs agreed to the clause because we needed his goals to get us out of the Championship, better with a wee bit than nothing at all.

Springbank
21-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Enjoyable discussion.

From what I recall JC stayed an extra year at Hibs,after the Cup win, that he called "unfinished business" to get Hibs back to the top flight (and knock Hearts out the cup - AGAIN - this time as a cup winning Hibee)

He could've gone after the cup win but showed a fair amount of loyalty, so it wouldn't surprise me if he got a higher than average cut of the Notts Forest fee.

As above, total speculation on my part and I'm not itk but there were some really good vibes around Jason during his time at ER.

danhibees1875
21-08-2019, 08:31 PM
Enjoyable discussion.

From what I recall JC stayed an extra year at Hibs,after the Cup win, that he called "unfinished business" to get Hibs back to the top flight (and knock Hearts out the cup - AGAIN - this time as a cup winning Hibee)

He could've gone after the cup win but showed a fair amount of loyalty, so it wouldn't surprise me if he got a higher than average cut of the Notts Forest fee.

As above, total speculation on my part and I'm not itk but there were some really good vibes around Jason during his time at ER.

:agree:

I would hold no grudges over JC sticking those sort of clauses into his contract at the time given the circumstances.

I'd also take him back given the opportunity.