PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy the novel

MassHibsteria
19-08-2019, 06:15 PM
Long time no speak, comrades. Trust everyone's well.

As some of you may know through other web channels, Sandy Macnair has a new book entitled 'Grumpy Gibby the West Stand Hibbie'. It's basically 250 pages of everyone's favourite torn-faced disaster from Mass Hibsteria on an uber rant about anything and everything. I do the prologue, which is thankfully only a few pages long. As ever with the garrulous old git, he finds himself in the most impossible situations, including a date with Beyonce Knowles (aka Bouncy) and appearances on Mastermind and Countdown. Is it merely a coincidence that 'loadypish' consists of nine letters?

They're available to buy from the usual BB outlets, namely; Blackwells on the Bridges, 6 Yard Box on East Market Street and the club store. At £11.99, it's s bigger steal than the signature of Benny Brazil back in the 70's.

Happy to accept mail orders too. £15 gets it delivered to your door in a lovely padded envelope, the padding coming from Gibby's cell in the Royal Ed. You can pay by bank transfer (87 70 04 - 83286368) or via PayPal at paypal.me/masshibsteria (http://paypal.me/masshibsteria). Please send an email to masshibsteria@gmail.com to confirm your address - only way I know where to send it to if you're paying by bank transfer, andPayPal can be a bit of a hit and miss at times.

Admins: if you'd prefer I didn't spam, please feel free to remove. If you don't mind, a wee stickie for a few days would be received with thanks!

Please feel free to get in touch if you've any questions...

PS - I'd do a pic of the covers, but in true Gibby style the technology has beaten me...

Saturday Boy
19-08-2019, 07:42 PM
I’m sure that it’s more of the same old pash.

I can’t wait to get my copy 👍👍

Saturday Boy
19-08-2019, 07:44 PM
Just to add, I can’t believe that a post about a book by Grumpy has actually lifted the mood on the forum. If these youngsters had seen what we had to go through. 😂

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2019, 07:48 PM
Already ordered and I’m told it’s on it’s way 👍🏼

Carheenlea
19-08-2019, 08:05 PM
Just to add, I can’t believe that a post about a book by Grumpy has actually lifted the mood on the forum. If these youngsters had seen what we had to go through. 😂

If Grumpy was a poster on here he would one of the milder contributors to the forum.
Will get my order in this week

offshorehibby
19-08-2019, 08:13 PM
Long time no speak, comrades. Trust everyone's well.

As some of you may know through other web channels, Sandy Macnair has a new book entitled 'Grumpy Gibby the West Stand Hibbie'. It's basically 250 pages of everyone's favourite torn-faced disaster from Mass Hibsteria on an uber rant about anything and everything. I do the prologue, which is thankfully only a few pages long. As ever with the garrulous old git, he finds himself in the most impossible situations, including a date with Beyonce Knowles (aka Bouncy) and appearances on Mastermind and Countdown. Is it merely a coincidence that 'loadypish' consists of nine letters?

They're available to buy from the usual BB outlets, namely; Blackwells on the Bridges, 6 Yard Box on East Market Street and the club store. At £11.99, it's s bigger steal than the signature of Benny Brazil back in the 70's.

Happy to accept mail orders too. £15 gets it delivered to your door in a lovely padded envelope, the padding coming from Gibby's cell in the Royal Ed. You can pay by bank transfer (87 70 04 - 83286368) or via PayPal at paypal.me/masshibsteria (http://paypal.me/masshibsteria). Please send an email to masshibsteria@gmail.com to confirm your address - only way I know where to send it to if you're paying by bank transfer, andPayPal can be a bit of a hit and miss at times.

Admins: if you'd prefer I didn't spam, please feel free to remove. If you don't mind, a wee stickie for a few days would be received with thanks!

Please feel free to get in touch if you've any questions...

PS - I'd do a pic of the covers, but in true Gibby style the technology has beaten me...

I know Sandy doesn't to socila meadia or even the internet, surprised i've not seen him down in Tamsons or the likes selling the books.

MassHibsteria
19-08-2019, 08:15 PM

It all pales in insignificance compared to Gibby's tales of woe! That's if he's to be believed, of course. And to be honest, I think he talks a loadyish*

*Missing letter competition. The winner gets to be smug for the rest of the evening.

SideBurns
19-08-2019, 08:38 PM
I know Sandy doesn't to socila meadia or even the internet, surprised i've not seen him down in Tamsons or the likes selling the books.

I bought a copy from Sandy in Robbie's after the gemme on Saturday. Can't recall if he said he'd have more with him at the St.Johnstone match, but has been known to peddle his literary works in the likes of the Iona, 4 in Hand, and Tamsons too.

MassHibsteria
19-08-2019, 09:30 PM

And his phone - the Nokia 3310's predecessor - doesn't work either!

It's a good shout. We will be selling books in pub(s) this weekend. I'll update via this thread once we know which hostelries will be hosting.

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2019, 11:06 PM
Put me doon for one

Will Sandy endorse it for me?

mjhibby
20-08-2019, 02:54 AM
If Grumpy was a poster on here he would one of the milder contributors to the forum.
Will get my order in this week

Loadypish. Too right. Can't believe what this forum has become. A few folk are way ott and the stuff grumpy Gibby had to endure would see this site explode. Stanton,I had better players in my primary school team. Made me laugh. The ayatollah ruffscranbevy of the hibsbollah was a classic.

leith lynx
20-08-2019, 04:46 AM
And his phone - the Nokia 3310's predecessor - doesn't work either!

It's a good shout. We will be selling books in pub(s) this weekend. I'll update via this thread once we know which hostelries will be hosting.

Happy days! God bless the auld goat!

MB62
20-08-2019, 10:01 AM
It all pales in insignificance compared to Gibby's tales of woe! That's if he's to be believed, of course. And to be honest, I think he talks a loadyish*

*Missing letter competition. The winner gets to be smug for the rest of the evening.

Never had any reason to disbelieve anything the moaning faced auld git ever told me, a more honest bloke you will never meet. Only last week, he was telling me over a pint (which I bought of course) :greengrin that he has never been the same since he was killed during the Boer war, I could only agree with him.

BILLYHIBS
23-08-2019, 06:58 AM
Anyone know which local hostelries this loadypish will be available to purchase at t morn?

MB62
23-08-2019, 07:25 AM
Anyone know which local hostelries this loadypish will be available to purchase at t morn?

I would imagine Sandy will make a big effort in getting around most of the local pubs, purely to sell his books you understand as he is T-Total :fibber:

Billy Whizz
23-08-2019, 07:33 AM

Think the Hibs shop is selling it?

lord bunberry
23-08-2019, 11:01 AM
I’ll definitely be getting a copy.

SideBurns
23-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Think the Hibs shop is selling it?

Aye but that's no a local hostelry. Which is where, by the sounds of it, BillyHibs would prefer to buy it.

While not privvy to Sandy's pre-match plans, think he's usually Iona Bar or 4 in Hand. After the gemme he usually looks in to Robbie's. When I say "looks in"...

BILLYHIBS
28-08-2019, 05:47 AM
Got mine yesterday from the Club Shop £11.99

Only about a dozen left all signed by the author

Also picked up an Arbroath programme FOC