PDA

View Full Version : Matchday experience

Power
19-08-2019, 02:51 PM
What would be your perfect Hibernian matchday experience? One that you would love when attending any one of the stands, any day or time Hibs are playing at home.

It can cover anything from arrival to the ground, in the stadium to other specific details you can think of. There will be a degree of positive variance between our personal opinions I’m sure but keen to hear what you think?

Antifa Hibs
19-08-2019, 02:59 PM
-A pint (even a 2% alc job)
-Standing section
-Turnstiles being open and not closed
-Hibs not being akward and not stopping selling tickets for 2 stands 1hr before kick-off

One Day
19-08-2019, 03:04 PM
A decent game and a win, not necessarily in that order

Barman Stanton
19-08-2019, 03:07 PM
Being able to stand with a pint in hand would be nice.

wookie70
19-08-2019, 03:08 PM
No need to change much for me. If we can play some good attacking fitba that wins games then the rest doesn't matter too much to me in the stadium we already have.

aljo7-0
19-08-2019, 03:11 PM
Some sort of back of stand exit from the East would get my vote - it is really frustrating to stand waiting for 10 minutes at the end of a game to be able to start walking down the steps.

HH81
19-08-2019, 03:15 PM
A huge padded seat (heated for winter) with drinks holder
I pad showing replays in the seat in front
Order food/drink straight to the seat from the above I pad

In all honesty - 3 points is what makes the day. Nothing else.

Hiber-nation
19-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Tasty pies instead of inedible guff.

Of course the most important thing would be an entertaining team on the park, winning games and challenging for 3rd place...

Since452
19-08-2019, 03:18 PM
A fan zone at the back of the east with drinks stalls, music etc and similar outside west

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Getting into the ground without grief

Decent PA system

Nice food options at a reasonable price with well manned booths

Contactless payment

Alcohol in the ground during a live match not going to be an option under current licensing laws

Standing area FFL

Singing section relocated to FFL or East stand

h18eeynick
19-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Some sort of back of stand exit from the East would get my vote - it is really frustrating to stand waiting for 10 minutes at the end of a game to be able to start walking down the steps.

I am in the East , row W , and ten minutes against my 2 hour drive home doesnt really matter ! Try it on a Wendesday night getting home for 12.30 and up for work at 7 am ! Especially in winter over the Devils Beeftup via Moffat ! Add some thick mist and that is really frustrating !

Since452
19-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Cuddly toys in the empty family section seats in the FF lower to fill it up and make it even less intimidating 😉 could rename it the cuddlywuddly stand

The Modfather
19-08-2019, 03:30 PM
More half time entertainment. Have they stopped the kids v mascot in goals? Would like to see that back and also fans shooting into/at targets to win things they had at the corner of the East/South we’ve had before. Ex players coming out at half time/doing the draw.

Catering - more options e.g. local vendors (Baynes, La Favourita etc) in different sections of the pie stands. Contactless payment.

Or go full on American, tailgating, cheerleaders and t-shirt guns 😀

matty_f
19-08-2019, 03:36 PM
Big things for me are ease of entry and exit from the ground, a good selection of fairly priced options for eating. Being able to hear the tannoy clearly and with it not so loud that I can't speak to my son or dad beside me.

I like the wee touches like the 'Hibs class' quote from Turnbull on the wall in the West (Upper north) concourse - I think there's scope to get stuff like that on the stairs from the turnstiles to the stand - something on the wall, be that quotes or images etc which would add to the experience.

Fogzie
19-08-2019, 03:39 PM
Giant Screens in the corners to show the linesmen what mistakes they have made (and replays of the goals. I always seem to miss one going for a pee https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANQAAAAAAOLeAPn0AL /v8DAwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQBMgAfACwAAAAADwAPAAAFROAnikBZjuhXDoPgnijAuvQ7ynU uAGRb0r dqrUDAI0vnCAQoDGPumgw6gwic8YAL2vqMnkqF3P81N6i39T0C 06puqkQACH5BAEyAB8ALAMABAAHAAkAAAUW4CcIX/kBJVoGq m cCyOYwrcaqDrIQAh/ntUaGlzIGFuaW1hdGVkIEdJRiBmaWxlIHdhcyBjb25zdHJ1Y3R lZCB1c2luZyBVbGVhZCBHSUYgQW5pbWF0b3IsIHZpc2l0IHVzI GF0IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cudWxlYWQuY29tIHRvIGZpbmQgb3V0IG1 vcmUuAVVTU1BDTVQAOw==)

aljo7-0
19-08-2019, 03:40 PM
I am in the East , row W , and ten minutes against my 2 hour drive home doesnt really matter ! Try it on a Wendesday night getting home for 12.30 and up for work at 7 am ! Especially in winter over the Devils Beeftup via Moffat ! Add some thick mist and that is really frustrating !
oh you've trumped me there!
I'm up in row GG so only 2 rows from the top. I know it's petty but watching just about everyone else leave the stadium without being able to move is frustrating. but then I'm a grumpy old man these days.

we are hibs
19-08-2019, 03:48 PM
Any possible ways of improving the atmosphere would be top of my list. Honestly think it would give the players more of a boost and any possible advantage we can possibily gain should be exploited. Even in most big games last season it was flat. Only game i genuinely enjoyed the atmosphere was Asteras.

Its a collective effort and shouldnt be left to one group but that said i sit in section 38 in the east and can only hear the drum. Cant make out any singing unless it comes from the far end of the east

04Sauzee
19-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Macaroon, chewing gum and chews

Golden Bear
19-08-2019, 03:53 PM
A winning team

A sound system which i can actually understand.

Installation of a hybrid pitch

matty_f
19-08-2019, 03:54 PM
More readily accessible litter bins would help to discourage the seagulls, which would improve the experience as well.

MSK
19-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Footstool to replace the empty seat in front of me in the FF lower, so I can put my feet up during the game, perhaps chuck in seat service so I can get my pies n bovril delivered to me to save me getting up. Other than that its all good, nice n quiet

Eaststand
19-08-2019, 04:23 PM
What would be your perfect Hibernian matchday experience? One that you would love when attending any one of the stands, any day or time Hibs are playing at home.

It can cover anything from arrival to the ground, in the stadium to other specific details you can think of. There will be a degree of positive variance between our personal opinions I’m sure but keen to hear what you think?

I sit in the FF upper but nipped into the FF lower before the game on Sat for a wee look.
I was pleasantly surprised at how it looks there and also the wee mini fitba net thingy.
The bairns seemed to really be enjoying it :-)
Well done to those involved with that.

Sorry if this is slightly off topic though, but does anyone know where the Hibs 100 board that used to be on the wall where the nets now are, was relocated to ?

GGTTH

The Modfather
19-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Footstool to replace the empty seat in front of me in the FF lower, so I can put my feet up during the game, perhaps chuck in seat service so I can get my pies n bovril delivered to me to save me getting up. Other than that its all good, nice n quiet

If they start selling alcohol you’ll not be able to buy a pint in the famous 5 stand on your child’s season ticket! :devil: :greengrin

BurghHibby
19-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Clean shelves where you can sit your food and drink without the risk of catching something nasty, current ones in west lower are absolutely bogging, and not enough of them.
Bins underneath or beside them as well.
Decent food
Serving stations actually being manned/womanned.
Easy entry
Linesmen that can see and keep up with play
Attractive entertaining fitba, and three points each week
Probably missed some but that will do for now.
:greengrin

h18eeynick
19-08-2019, 04:47 PM
oh you've trumped me there!
I'm up in row GG so only 2 rows from the top. I know it's petty but watching just about everyone else leave the stadium without being able to move is frustrating. but then I'm a grumpy old man these days.

I know what you mean though . I refuse to leave early but have found myself walking down the steps with minutes to go and loitering at bottom steps for that reason. I am also a grumpy old man ! Now retired so Wednesday night late trips arent going to be as bad !

MSK
19-08-2019, 04:50 PM
If they start selling alcohol you’ll not be able to buy a pint in the famous 5 stand on your child’s season ticket! :devil: :greengrinThats fine, as long as I get my footstool & seat service 😆

California-Hibs
19-08-2019, 04:51 PM
A fan zone at the back of the east with drinks stalls, music etc and similar outside west

This. Living here in the States, the on field product isn't the greatest but they've nailed off the field. Fan Zone with a kick about area for the kids, Sunshine Lynx walking around, beer tent, merchandise stall, Music playing, face painting, kick the ball through the holes, Hibs pictures on standing boards, a raised big tv showing famous goals etc. All would greatly enhance the experience.

Putting in 1 large TV in the North/East corner would go a very long way. Always enjoy watching it over here at games and they'll play behind the scenes stuff that the players were upto that week, pan to the crowd to the kids can see themselves and give a wave, play previous goals against the team were playing that day/again famous club goals etc. Show the starting line up with picture visuals. People would absolutely love it

GreenCastle
19-08-2019, 04:52 PM
I would want reason to be at the stadium for more than the 90 mins.

Pre match - supporters bar / meeting area to soak up the atmosphere - basically a fan zone without DJ and music / or even a guitarist signing Hibs songs. Think about recent events at Corn Exchange and the new songs fans can sing. Liverpool have done well with this recently too. Connects fans with players.

A PA system that works. Sit back of East and it’s awful.

The stadium to have more happening in the concourses and more Hibs related art work. Places for fans to get face painted / buy merchandise etc.

Local and healthier food options at reasonable prices - plus better / quicker queues.

Contactless payment 100%

More bins and recycling bins - encourage fans by to drop rubbish hopefully means less seagulls.

Better half time entertainment - best one I’ve seen was marathon bet when they tried to get footballs to land in centre circle / bit like curling.

During game / if we score more done by the Barry to get the crowd going - they do this well in Germany.

After game -can anything be done to improve exiting time from East ? Remove the barriers towards North end (near disabled section) at end of the game to allow fans to filter out quicker ?

Other areas...if money was no object.. better scoreboard at both ends. More Hibs signage on outside of the stands for visitors to see from afar. Sort out the worn 3G around pitch and the temporary TV scaffolding in corner. Plus close in the stadium in all corners - various options but simple option is advertising like we have but higher length on all 4 sides.

Over to you...

GreenCastle
19-08-2019, 04:53 PM
This. Living here in the States, the on field product isn't the greatest but they've nailed off the field. Fan Zone with a kick about area for the kids, Sunshine Lynx walking around, beer tent, merchandise stall, Music playing, face painting, kick the ball through the holes, Hibs pictures on standing boards, a raised big tv showing famous goals etc. All would greatly enhance the experience.

Putting in 1 large TV in the North/East corner would go a very long way. Always enjoy watching it over here at games and they'll play behind the scenes stuff that the players were upto that week, pan to the crowd to the kids can see themselves and give a wave, play previous goals against the team were playing that day/again famous club goals etc. Show the starting line up with picture visuals. People would absolutely love it

Fully agree.

Football has moved on and Scottish football is miles behind for the cost of a ticket.

matty_f
19-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Hot water to wash your hands with at the toilets would be nice.

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2019, 05:05 PM

This

Torto7
19-08-2019, 05:17 PM
The most important thing for me is the product on the pitch.

Therefore I'd give the signing section a more visible position ideally behind the goals FFL. I think it would help the team a lot and maybe hinder the opposition a little.

Fan zones work well in my experience, the amount of choice at Murrayfield is always amazing when I'm there. A smaller version at Easter Road would be good.

Brightside
19-08-2019, 05:24 PM
The reality is that no one really cares about pies etc as long as we are winning every week. I really don’t understand the whole building a family match day experience. You turn up 20 mins before kick off and leave right after. The rest is filled with football. By all means make more use of the space at the back of the east and west. More food options, music, a pint etc. In other words what you see at other sporting events.

LaMotta
19-08-2019, 05:30 PM
The most important thing for me is the product on the pitch.

Therefore I'd give the signing section a more visible position ideally behind the goals FFL. I think it would help the team a lot and maybe hinder the opposition a little.

Fan zones work well in my experience, the amount of choice at Murrayfield is always amazing when I'm there. A smaller version at Easter Road would be good.

This :agree:

Helps "sell" the club when we are on the telly as well as improve the experience for everyone else attending.

Keith_M
19-08-2019, 05:30 PM
An Adult and Child only section where I can take the nephews without them having to sit near any of the bampots in our support.

Decent Hot Dogs, proper coffee and faster service at the snack bars..

The first part is reasonably provided for but the second... not so much.

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2019, 05:57 PM
Free WiFi

Billy Whizz
19-08-2019, 06:07 PM
A few times over the years we’ve had a fans zone outside the East, a small football pitch. I take 3 lads of 12 to the games, and they always loved this. Get some of the reserve players to help out

Think we need to put some shelves near the area where you get sale, Sauce etc for your food. At the moment there’s nowhere to put your good/drink while you add to them. Also need a lot more bins

I’ve raised this before with Hibs, but at grounds like Falkirk, they have hot air blowing in the concourse around their food kiosks. Most of our stands are freezing inside in the winter, are we able to do this?

I’ll have a wee think on anything else that comes to mind

Sammy7nil
19-08-2019, 06:13 PM
Quick and simple entry and exit.
Good quality attacking football
Decent atmosphere with a buzz around the stadium
Win more than we lose at home.
Decent food served quickly at a reasonable price.

Sammy7nil
19-08-2019, 06:16 PM
The reality is that no one really cares about pies etc as long as we are winning every week. I really don’t understand the whole building a family match day experience. You turn up 20 mins before kick off and leave right after. The rest is filled with football. By all means make more use of the space at the back of the east and west. More food options, music, a pint etc. In other words what you see at other sporting events.

The problem is we won't win every week if kids enjoy the day they will want to come back if they don't they won't -Simples

Sammy7nil
19-08-2019, 06:21 PM
More readily accessible litter bins would help to discourage the seagulls, which would improve the experience as well.

Is that you Howard Hughes ?

You do know it is a football match you are going too :greengrin :wink:

Hibbyradge
19-08-2019, 06:26 PM
A licensed Fans' Zone.

Video screens in the corners showing highlights of previous games, Hibs advertising and even bands playing.

The same screens should show profile pictures of the players, before kickoff, when subs are made and goals scored.

If VAR ever comes into the SPFL, the fans should see the deliberations.

A loud and clear PA system so we can hear all the above.

Greenworld
19-08-2019, 06:27 PM
The reality is that no one really cares about pies etc as long as we are winning every week. I really don’t understand the whole building a family match day experience. You turn up 20 mins before kick off and leave right after. The rest is filled with football. By all means make more use of the space at the back of the east and west. More food options, music, a pint etc. In other words what you see at other sporting events.Lol that's an old school opinion were missing a trick and a right few quid for the club. There is so much more we could do to make the match day experience brilliant especially for families

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
19-08-2019, 06:40 PM
A clock that goes past 90 minutes.

A small thing but it really bugs me :greengrin

DMH0762
19-08-2019, 06:41 PM
Big things for me are ease of entry and exit from the ground, a good selection of fairly priced options for eating. Being able to hear the tannoy clearly and with it not so loud that I can't speak to my son or dad beside me.

I like the wee touches like the 'Hibs class' quote from Turnbull on the wall in the West (Upper north) concourse - I think there's scope to get stuff like that on the stairs from the turnstiles to the stand - something on the wall, be that quotes or images etc which would add to the experience.

Likewise. I have balance issues and have difficulty both ascending and descending stairs and can no longer attend unless i am accompanied by another.
Fortunately my boys and daughter are always there in attendance with me.
However i am mystified as to why planning permission and safety certificates are granted to Clubs where there is a definite potential risk of accident/injury due to the lack of handrails on access stairways in the main stadium.

I broached this subject with Tracey who assured me she would "get back to me on it". That was approx' 18 months ago !!!

Perfect match day?? Every time Hibs win. 01/01/1973 was pretty damn near as perfect as it gets.

Chuck Rhoades
19-08-2019, 06:41 PM

Safe standing section
Removal of songs over tannoy ~10mins before KO
Better food catering
Better turnstile ticketing system - fix issues to get back on par with last season
Alcohol

Chuck Rhoades
19-08-2019, 06:42 PM
Oh, contactless payments for tickets at gates / catering.

Hibs3-2
19-08-2019, 06:53 PM
- “fanzone” behind east with DJ/singer pre-match. Also option to have this open post match
- safe standing in famous five lower
- giant screens in the corner between F5/East and/or Weet/Sourh
- affordable decent food
- being able to have a pint in the concourse

Keith_M
19-08-2019, 06:58 PM
I'd quite like a safe standing section in the corner between the FF Lower and the East...

...purely so I don't have to hear people whingeing on about the FF Lower being a kids area

:wink:

Alex Trager
19-08-2019, 07:25 PM
I’d be interested to see:

Water fountains in the stands.

A decent variety of local food vendors in the stand at reasonable prices, not a fan at all of the catering as it is.

An improvement to the PA system.

Recycling facilities, with everything that is bought from the food stalls coming in biodegradable packaging, the Pitt in Leith use plastic cups and containers that are 100% biodegradable. I’d love hibs to get involved in this. It seems a clear marketing opportunity with the colour of the enviro push being Green!

If possible, hot water in the stands.

wearethehibs
19-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Safe standing area in the famous five lower.
A reasonably priced fan zone area behind the East selling bottles of beer and playing music etc to get an atmosphere building pre match for every game.

In general the fan experience to be more like the German leagues where they have it spot on

Ellahappyhibee
19-08-2019, 08:11 PM
Move family and child away from behind goals and replace with fans who want to be there, creating an intimidating atmosphere e.g. like when we play Hearts away. As others have said product looks better on TV with full stands behind goals.

Increase number of safety hand bars on East Stand - its an accident waiting to happen, when people leave.

Better and cheaper food inside stadium- bring back La Favorita to outside East Stand as well

A sound system that works - is audible and an announcer who is not shouting loudly at rapid speed - who understands or can hear what is being said.

Quality TV screens at both ends - agree with earlier - good graphics, player profile, current time and time in game, goal replays

A winning team playing attractive football also helps

Since90+2
19-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Move family and child away from behind goals and replace with fans who want to be there, creating an intimidating atmosphere e.g. like when we play Hearts away. As others have said product looks better on TV with full stands behind goals.

Increase number of safety hand bars on East Stand - its an accident waiting to happen, when people leave.

Better and cheaper food inside stadium- bring back La Favorita to outside East Stand as well

A sound system that works - is audible and an announcer who is not shouting loudly at rapid speed - who understands or can hear what is being said.

Quality TV screens at both ends - agree with earlier - good graphics, player profile, current time and time in game, goal replays

A winning team playing attractive football also helps

Good point on the hand rails in the East. The gradient is very steep and all it would take is someone to miss their step and it could create a domino effect.

DMH0762
19-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Good point on the hand rails in the East. The gradient is very steep and all it would take is someone to miss their step and it could create a domino effect.

Raised this issue in my earlier post.

As stated earlier i have balance issues so usually try to obtain seats close to the bottom exits in the East. On one such occasion i took a tumble trying to climb the 4/5 steps to the exit. Perish the thought had i been close to the top of the stairway , and not just for me. As you say the domino effect could have caused major injuries to some.

Thankfully i wasn't, and my daughter was there to assist me as the "stewards" simply ignored my plight. Only my pride was hurt as i crawled up the stairs to the exit on all fours....and NO i had not been on the sauce :greengrin TT me now :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
19-08-2019, 08:58 PM
Singing section in FF Lower.
Floppy breasted cheerleaders keen on fan interaction.

GreenLake
19-08-2019, 09:00 PM
1. Arrive at ER 3 hours before the game for appetizers and drinks.
2. Welcome the players to the stadium.
3. More drinks and dinner.
4. Give an extra team talk before the warm up.
5. More drinks until half time.
6. Change into full kit and sit on subs bench for the second half.
7. Come on for the last 10 minutes.
8. Glass of Louis Tres in Petrie's former office.
9. Limo back to Turnhouse.

GreenCastle
20-08-2019, 06:11 AM
The singing section in Famous Five Lower centrally behind the goals.

It’s rubbish they are stuck up in corner and the FF never looks full on TV.

Move all / some of family section to South Lower (like Hibs kids games or West Lower - FF upper corner a possibility but steps would be an issue for younger kids unless this is older kids and parents.

The East Stand has black hand rails ?? But I agree it’s steep when exiting and dodging the seagulls.

kaimendhibs
20-08-2019, 07:04 AM
Hot water to wash your hands with at the toilets would be nice.Was just going to post this

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
20-08-2019, 07:30 AM
Edible food.
Fanzone
PA system
TV screens in corners, could be used for advertising, showing old games and a half time quiz that folk can join into on their mobile phones.
A clubcard that you can top up and pay for your grub and drinks.
WIFI
Hot water in toilets.
A much nicer concourse under the East.
Merchandise stall, no idea why we don´t have one, even if its just scarves,caps and tshirts.
Entertainment before the game, pipe bands or the likes, sure there are local bands that would like to play/practice in front of big crowds.
Cheerleaders, quite popular at my Dutch club.
How about trying to get the basics like entry to ground sorted oot first.
A half time draw to win a signed strip for ST holders.

Carheenlea
20-08-2019, 08:54 AM
Fans are in the stadium for approximately 2 hours - the match itself takes care of most of that time and I don’t think anyone really wants to spend more than two hours inside a stadium. You see a lot of fans congregating outside pretty much killing time before heading inside. Plenty room outside of the West and East for pop up bars/food outlets, some music and pop up club shop and other stalls.
I like to go to the pub before the game and take my seat 5 minutes before KO, but when with the family for games the options are limited beforehand. Fanzones with the right mix of product would appeal greatly.

jgl07
20-08-2019, 10:11 AM
My experience of matches at Nantes and Rennes shows what can be done. Nantes has a stadium in parkland near to the river and use it well. People arrive up to two hours before the match. There are rows of stalls selling hot food - crepes, merguez sausages, burgers, etc - and drink - bottles of beer and glasses of wine - plus music.

People often go back after the match to carry on partying. This all takes pressure off the public transport system.

hibsmad
20-08-2019, 10:34 AM
There's a number of things I'd like to see but the most important would be moving the singing section. Preferably to the FF lower.

It would help with the clubs profile when games are shown on TV, and would also improve fans enjoyment as the noise they make would travel further around the ground.

I understand the family section would need to be moved (which is where I currently sit with my 10 year old), but I'd be happy with this if it helped with the atmosphere.

Sammy7nil
20-08-2019, 11:46 AM
Food and hot water appear to be the top priotities :greengrin

No wonder the board are not focused on the quality on the pitch as ours fans dont see it as adding to the match day experience. It would appear they would much rather have a good pee throughly wash their hands in hot water and get an edible pie at a resonable price. Easy work for LD and the board just watch the crowds soar when the plumbing and pies are sorted. :wink:

matty_f
20-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Is that you Howard Hughes ?

You do know it is a football match you are going too :greengrin :wink:

I know, but basic rules of hygiene still apply at the football!

Pretty Boy
20-08-2019, 11:59 AM
A decent bottle bar in BTG. The draught beer is garbage but it's a little used bar with inexperienced staff so it's not going to be anything else.

I suggested this directly to Hibs a few years back, not long after LD came in. It's a chance to showcase a few local beers and save time on queuing for those who don't have to. There was a bit of chat that it was something that would be looked into but it seems nothing ever materialised. I understand there may be contractual issues with a current supplier but even a bottle and can bar from them must be achievable. Loads of other sporting events seem to manage it.

Oh and decent soup in the winter. I remember there was a short lived lentil soup option in the West for about 2 games 3 or 4 years ago but that disappeared. Should really be a no brainer. Few big pots of soup, pile of cups and give us your money.

lord bunberry
20-08-2019, 12:42 PM
I’m another one for fan zones. There’s plenty room behind both the east and west for this, have some music and food on sale and the fans would probably more up for it by the time the game starts.

Real Emerald
20-08-2019, 01:23 PM
A decent bottle bar in BTG. The draught beer is garbage but it's a little used bar with inexperienced staff so it's not going to be anything else.

I suggested this directly to Hibs a few years back, not long after LD came in. It's a chance to showcase a few local beers and save time on queuing for those who don't have to. There was a bit of chat that it was something that would be looked into but it seems nothing ever materialised. I understand there may be contractual issues with a current supplier but even a bottle and can bar from them must be achievable. Loads of other sporting events seem to manage it.

Oh and decent soup in the winter. I remember there was a short lived lentil soup option in the West for about 2 games 3 or 4 years ago but that disappeared. Should really be a no brainer. Few big pots of soup, pile of cups and give us your money.

I used BTG at all home games when it was open, it was a great facility poorly run with rotten beer, untrained and too few bar staff, no dishwasher to properly clean gasses etc. I personally don’t really like bottled beer and much prefer draught so that idea wouldn’t suit everyone. However there is no reason that a fully staffed bar with experienced bar staff and properly ‘beer clean’ glasses can’t work with bottles and draught. Sometimes it took 20 minutes to get served the slop in BTG and I’m sure at least 50% of people on there would have had at least one more drink if it was quicker and decent. That extra cash over the bar would easily cover the extra staff involved.

Edinburgh must be full of people who had good experience serving on a bar that would jump at the chance to earn a bit more cash every now and then. It may not make the club loads of money but would at least show the club was providing a service to the loyal fans that used to turn up there at every game. It was closed down at a point we had reached record ST sales. A real big thanks to those fans that had frequented it loyally in the darkest of days.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2019, 01:31 PM
I used BTG at all home games when it was open, it was a great facility poorly run with rotten beer, untrained and too few bar staff, no dishwasher to properly clean gasses etc. I personally don’t really like bottled beer and much prefer draught so that idea wouldn’t suit everyone. However there is no reason that a fully staffed bar with experienced bar staff and properly ‘beer clean’ glasses can’t work with bottles and draught. Sometimes it took 20 minutes to get served the slop in BTG and I’m sure at least 50% of people on there would have had at least one more drink if it was quicker and decent. That extra cash over the bar would easily cover the extra staff involved.

Edinburgh must be full of people who had good experience serving on a bar that would jump at the chance to earn a bit more cash every now and then. It may not make the club loads of money but would at least show the club was providing a service to the loyal fans that used to turn up there at every game. It was closed down at a point we had reached record ST sales. A real big thanks to those fans that had frequented it loyally in the darkest of days.

I was thinking a bottle bar to run alongside a standard bar rather than to replace it.

I was at the Grand National when Crabbies sponsored it and there were loads of pop up bars all over just selling cans of flavoured Crabbies. Musselburgh Racecourse has similar with Edinburgh Gin for their bigger meetings. They are great for easing a bit of pressure on the main bars.

A couple of stalls selling a few Scottish beers would be a great compliment to the main bars imo.

Real Emerald
20-08-2019, 01:41 PM
I was thinking a bottle bar to run alongside a standard bar rather than to replace it.

I was at the Grand National when Crabbies sponsored it and there were loads of pop up bars all over just selling cans of flavoured Crabbies. Musselburgh Racecourse has similar with Edinburgh Gin for their bigger meetings. They are great for easing a bit of pressure on the main bars.

A couple of stalls selling a few Scottish beers would be a great compliment to the main bars imo.

I agree and as you said the Grand National is an example of a decent draught pint being served from a guy with a tank of beer on his back that was way better than what was being served at ER. It really shouldn’t be that difficult, the problem was there was no will being shown from the club to improve the situation. That’s a pity because the regulars who drank there were kicked out at a time when we had record ST sales. The same guys that kept the club going when only 7k were turning up some weeks.

Since90+2
20-08-2019, 02:24 PM
Singing Section behind the goals in FFL is a no brainer. Won't happen whilst Dempster is here though.

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Singing Section behind the goals in FFL is a no brainer. Won't happen whilst Dempster is here though.

Aye, all Dempsters fault 🙄

Hibs90
20-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Relocate Family section to North side of East stand
Relocate singing section to behind the goals in the lower tier
Safe standing corner inbewteen F5 and East

Would create a cracking matchday experience and atmosphere, you would have singing section noise, then the safe standing radges, then the kids and families get involved, and you will have the usual noise from the south side of the East stand.

No brainer if affordable to do IMO.

Hibs90
20-08-2019, 02:53 PM
Relocate Family section to North side of East stand
Relocate singing section to behind the goals in the lower tier
Safe standing corner inbewteen F5 and East

Would create a cracking matchday experience and atmosphere, you would have singing section noise, then the safe standing radges, then the kids and families get involved, and you will have the usual noise from the south side of the East stand.

No brainer if affordable to do IMO.

Like this

https://i.ibb.co/NZjTKLr/STADIUM.png

GreenCastle
20-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Like this

Think cheaper way would be just some of FF Lower middle sections standing / singing section. If it’s a success move to sides - no other club in Scotland would have this in the top league.

Moving the families to east corner would help as space behind East for family activities or even concourse area.

Or I still think moving them to South Lower would make sense for Cat B games as they already do similar for Hibs kids games.

Then Cat A games the families get 1st pick of any seats to move to another seat which would avoid empty spaces we see during Cat A in FF Lower.

Since452
20-08-2019, 03:10 PM
Like this

Don't be silly that would only drastically improve the atmosphere and intimate the opposition. Nobody wants that.

Scouse Hibee
20-08-2019, 04:39 PM
Hot water in the toilets

Rows in all stands labelled with appropriate lettering

Padded seat

A screen type scoreboard

Oh and no moaning greetin buzzards around me.

ancient hibee
20-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Hot water in the toilets

Rows in all stands labelled with appropriate lettering

Padded seat

A screen type scoreboard

Oh and no moaning greetin buzzards around me.

It was only when I got to the last line that I thought this is just fantasyland.

SChibs
20-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Famous five lower converted into safe standing and being full of people willing to make a racket for 90 mins getting behind the team. Big flags and banners on the go with pyro being allowed in the section.

Opening the concourse 2 hours before kick off with a reasonably priced beer stand so everyone can get into the mood before kick off.

However I'll settle for everyone getting behind the team rather than shouting abuse and moaning at them and most importantly a win for Hibs.

hibbyfraelibby
20-08-2019, 05:59 PM
To be honest I'd go for safe standing /rail seats like the ones just installed in the disabled sections, in the lower tiers of all the "home" stands and have "posh" heated seats in the upper sections.

Visiting support would be located in Upper South West except the Derby. The Uglies to get the same % of capacity they give us and make them pay top dollar for their seats.

Family tickets restricted to Cat B fixtures with first dibs on seats elsewhere for Cat A fixtures.

Fanzone behind the East with food, drink and entertainment for the adults with a Family Zone behind the West instead of a car park.

Jonpaulnevin
20-08-2019, 06:11 PM

Great question! First off I would say form a small group of fans and directors and go on a fact finding road trip round the UK, Europe, and US and get eyes on some the various fan experience ideas which are already out there.

In ideal world I would go with following for starters:

Complete re-fit of the Famous Five stand corporate areas including getting rid of those pointless boxes and turning it into an all signing, all-dancing fans bar on both levels like the Brew Hall at Minnesota United's new Allienz Field https://www.mnufc.com/stadium/brew-hall for use on both matchdays and non-matchdays.
Turn the large area between the Famous Five / East Stand corner into a new fans area with pop-up bars, street food, kids areas, big screen etc
Replace the current tannoy system with a complete Audio-Visual (AV) system similar to Watford's and Celtics including high-res big screens in the South-East and North-West corners (on the gables of the Famous Five and Dunbar Stands)
Installation of a LED lighting system.
Replacement of all the seats in the stadium with new padded, slightly wider ones similar to those in the Amex and Tottenham's new stadium.
Installation of a Desso hybrid pitch
Deep clean and general tidy up of the whole stadium.
Refit of the all stadium concourses to a good level including hot water, recycling bins, hibs images etc (think cinema/shopping centre quality).
Provision of high-quality, local food throughout the stadium.
Emphasis upon the use of recyclable cups, wrappers etc.
Tiered corporate hospitality for example turning the Edinburgh Club into a large supporters suite in which food is included in the ticket, similar to Liverpool's Carlsberg Dugout https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186337-d12315309-Reviews-The_Carlsberg_Dugout-Liverpool_Merseyside_England.html . Turn the Gallery into a high quality restaurant by getting a local chef in such as Tom Kitchen to create the Kitchen at Easter Road for example? Create a premium hospitality suite like the new H Club at the Tottenham's New stadium https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/premium-experiences/seasonal-options/on-four/the-h-club/ for those with mega bucks. The H club has a good ring to it actually.
Turn the the whole Famous Five stand into a singing section and move families and kids to the west lower.
Introduced cheaper kids tickets.
Create a high capacity wifi-network within the system for fans.
Develop a Hibs App which can be used for news, tickets, shopping, interactive experiences etc with a new AV system.

These are just a few ideas but it would be worth checking out https://www.stadia-magazine.com/ for some more ideas. It is not until you visit other stadiums round the world that you realise how backwards the whole fan experience is for Scottish football fans. Edinburgh is one if the top cities in the world and we should definitely be aiming for one of the best fans experience in world! #Makeithappenron :)

Billy Whizz
21-08-2019, 09:57 AM
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Saturday afternoon kick offs in the winter, being brought forward to 2pm
Sometimes in November/December/January, it can be Baltic by half time.
Means you could see pretty much the full match in the light

As an aside is their a rule that kick offs must be 3pm

Since90+2
21-08-2019, 10:09 AM
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Saturday afternoon kick offs in the winter, being brought forward to 2pm

Good idea.

overdrive
21-08-2019, 12:29 PM
I’m mainly concerned with the product on the pitch. Most of the “match day experience” stuff doesn’t really bother me.

A few things though:

1. Being able to get into the stadium hassle free which isn’t the case at the moment

2. Hot water in the toilets

3. Contactless at the pie stand... I rarely buy anything but when I do, it is annoying that you need cash

4. Singing section moved to FFL

5. WiFi for pre match and half time so you can ignore the match day experience stuff :wink:

overdrive
21-08-2019, 12:32 PM
A clock that goes past 90 minutes.

A small thing but it really bugs me :greengrin

This annoys the hell out of us. It’s against the rules according to the Announcer, though I noticed it continued on past the regulation time in extra time at the weekend, so I’m not sure if Hibs messed up there.

Last Minute
21-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Decent catering, as Hibs have said over the years they would look into it as we want all fans to enjoy the WHOLE matchday experience .

ONE DAY- WE ALL DREAM

Golden Bear
21-08-2019, 12:41 PM

Yip, that's not a bad idea at all.

In addition, I don't mind Friday night games but Sunday lunch time kick offs should be banned .

:greengrin

Keith_M
21-08-2019, 01:14 PM
I think the matchday experience would be improved by moving to a new out of town stadium, with good transport links (road and rail) and loads of parking.

We could also satisfy the need for both a dedicated Family Section and BTG Safe Standing area, as everybody would be starting from scratch when it comes to where they're located anyway.

I'd prefer a stadium a bit like Middlesboro or Derby County

Monts
21-08-2019, 01:56 PM
A matchday app which gives you the team when its announced, info on the opposition, goal updates for other matches in play in the sme competition, option to buy happy hibby tickets, pre match interviews, post match interviews, option to store your season ticket on it for scanning at the new scanners, etc etc

Other matchday experience improvements would be

Quicker entry and exit
Hot water in the toilets
Non cash options for food
Cheaper options for food
Better leg room in the West Lower
Better queuing system at kiosks, which would create more space for people to congregate under the stands
Access along Albion Road after Cat A games

lyonhibs
21-08-2019, 03:55 PM
Great question! First off I would say form a small group of fans and directors and go on a fact finding road trip round the UK, Europe, and US and get eyes on some the various fan experience ideas which are already out there.

Complete re-fit of the Famous Five stand corporate areas including getting rid of those pointless boxes and turning it into an all signing, all-dancing fans bar on both levels like the Brew Hall at Minnesota United's new Allienz Field https://www.mnufc.com/stadium/brew-hall for use on both matchdays and non-matchdays.
Turn the large area between the Famous Five / East Stand corner into a new fans area with pop-up bars, street food, kids areas, big screen etc
Replace the current tannoy system with a complete Audio-Visual (AV) system similar to Watford's and Celtics including high-res big screens in the South-East and North-West corners (on the gables of the Famous Five and Dunbar Stands)
Replacement of all the seats in the stadium with new padded, slightly wider ones similar to those in the Amex and Tottenham's new stadium.
Refit of the all stadium concourses to a good level including hot water, recycling bins, hibs images etc (think cinema/shopping centre quality).
Tiered corporate hospitality for example turning the Edinburgh Club into a large supporters suite in which food is included in the ticket, similar to Liverpool's Carlsberg Dugout https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186337-d12315309-Reviews-The_Carlsberg_Dugout-Liverpool_Merseyside_England.html . Turn the Gallery into a high quality restaurant by getting a local chef in such as Tom Kitchen to create the Kitchen at Easter Road for example? Create a premium hospitality suite like the new H Club at the Tottenham's New stadium https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/premium-experiences/seasonal-options/on-four/the-h-club/ for those with mega bucks. The H club has a good ring to it actually.
Turn the the whole Famous Five stand into a singing section and move families and kids to the west lower.
Develop a Hibs App which can be used for news, tickets, shopping, interactive experiences etc with a new AV system.

These are just a few ideas but it would be worth checking out https://www.stadia-magazine.com/ for some more ideas. It is not until you visit other stadiums round the world that you realise how backwards the whole fan experience is for Scottish football fans. Edinburgh is one if the top cities in the world and we should definitely be aiming for one of the best fans experience in world! #Makeithappenron :)

So, not expecting much then? :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
21-08-2019, 04:16 PM
Fan zones just wouldn’t be used.

Folk in Scotland don’t turn up for matches hours in advance or hang about after the final whistle.

It’s a crap idea.

we are hibs
21-08-2019, 04:34 PM

Folk in Scotland don’t turn up for matches hours in advance or hang about after the final whistle.

It’s a crap idea.

They would be used for certain games though.

Dont know why we cant set up temporary fan zones inbetween the east and famous five for certain games like the derby next month. Doesnt need to happen every game as i dont think there would be much of a turnout for a midweek game against hamilton in january but for the bigger games we should be looking at something

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2019, 05:01 PM
I think the matchday experience would be improved by moving to a new out of town stadium, with good transport links (road and rail) and loads of parking.

We could also satisfy the need for both a dedicated Family Section and BTG Safe Standing area, as everybody would be starting from scratch when it comes to where they're located anyway.

I agree with this and it would make perfect sense to share it with Hearts. There is absolutely no need for two major football stadiums in the same city.

hfc rd
21-08-2019, 05:08 PM

This. 😉

malcolm
21-08-2019, 05:24 PM
I agree with this and it would make perfect sense to share it with Hearts. There is absolutely no need for two major football stadiums in the same city.

Disagree with the idea of ripping the club out of the community in which it grew and moving to a soulless out of town stadium. Sharing it with hearts would mean no real identity could be branded on the ground but actually I’d be happy with just one stadium in Edinburgh at Easter Road.:wink:

Keith_M
21-08-2019, 05:30 PM

:agree:

Exactly!

California-Hibs
21-08-2019, 05:33 PM

It’s a crap idea.

Nah, disagree with that. If a fan zone was done with the mentioned ideas I'd almost guarentee you that folk would be there from kids enjoying the kick around, face painting etc to adults enjoying a pint, music, and Hibs goals on the tv.

'If you build it they will come'

04Sauzee
21-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Nah, disagree with that. If a fan zone was done with the mentioned ideas I'd almost guarentee you that folk would be there from kids enjoying the kick around, face painting etc to adults enjoying a pint, music, and Hibs goals on the tv.

I'm not convinced, we don't get alot of good weather during the season so that would put people off. It can already be quite a long day for folk just to watch 90 minutes of football.

Like I say bit convinced but it's definitely worth a bash if enough people are supportive of the idea and builds out fanbase

WhileTheChief..
21-08-2019, 05:40 PM
They tried a bar behind the East last year, total failure.

They also tried a kids play area thing, that only lasted a couple of games so guessing it didn’t work either.

Why we trying to turn ER into a nursery or crèche?!

Hibs marketing is bad enough targeting families. They should be going after the 18-30 yo lads that actually care about football.

Check the ads on Sky or BT during the football. Look at who they’re targeting. It’s not Mothercare or Pampers that advertise then.

But nah, we know better than the ad agencies eh!

04Sauzee
21-08-2019, 05:44 PM

I really hope not, understand football moves on and the stadium has to be ablw to satisfy the demands of a modern day club.

I'm not even sure what the land at Easter Road is worth.

It's a no from me and would take some convincing that this would be a good idea

GreenCastle
21-08-2019, 05:47 PM

Usually league rules dictates these things.

Unless TV or different circumstance.

Decent idea though

GreenCastle
21-08-2019, 05:50 PM

They also tried a kids play area thing, that only lasted a couple of games so guessing it didn’t work either.

Hibs marketing is bad enough targeting families. They should be going after the 18-30 yo lads that actually care about football.

Check the ads on Sky or BT during the football. Look at who they’re targeting. It’s not Mothercare or Pampers that advertise then.

Bar didn’t last due to licensing / planning permission ?

Crèche thing - no idea what happened there.

Women / Girls also attend football so not just lads!!

You could probably also say they need to have more women’s toilets as always long queues.

jacomo
21-08-2019, 05:53 PM
A decent game and a win, not necessarily in that order

I think you’ll find that a win can only be confirmed at the end of the scheduled game, and not before... oh I see what you mean.

Keith_M
21-08-2019, 06:02 PM

Don't you ever get tired of that cr@p?

WhileTheChief..
21-08-2019, 06:04 PM
Bar didn’t last due to licensing / planning permission ?

Crèche thing - no idea what happened there.

Women / Girls also attend football so not just lads!!

You could probably also say they need to have more women’s toilets as always long queues.

Guys make up the huge majority of our crowds.

Let’s not go all PC here, check out any football related media and the adverts are all geared towards males.

Jeez, ask anyone in the street and they will say that football is predominantly a male sport. Or take a look around you at ER on Saturday!

Too many clubs are trying to be family friendly and have been for years. It doesn’t work. We should change tack and give it a bash.

Teenage lads like the sense of danger. Forbidden fruit so to speak. We should be all over social media with risky, cool, clever advertising aimed at them. Not mascots and Hibs kids.

Remember the BT advert for the Hibs Motherwell game where BT had huge Celtic and Rangers written? Our response was perfect and it got us publicity.

More of that kinda thing.

04Sauzee
21-08-2019, 06:09 PM

Let’s not go all PC here, check out any football related media and the adverts are all geared towards males.

Jeez, ask anyone in the street and they will say that football is predominantly a male sport. Or take a look around you at ER on Saturday!

Too many clubs are trying to be family friendly and have been for years. It doesn’t work. We should change tack and give it a bash.

Teenage lads like the sense of danger. Forbidden fruit so to speak. We should be all over social media with risky, cool, clever advertising aimed at them. Not mascots and Hibs kids.

Remember the BT advert for the Hibs Motherwell game where BT had huge Celtic and Rangers written? Our response was perfect and it got us publicity.

You aren't really getting the community club thing are you. We aren't going to do a full 180 on this

GreenCastle
21-08-2019, 06:11 PM

If you did market research you would realise more girls and women are watching football than ever before.

Hibs would be stupid not to plan for more women / girls attending games with better toilet facilities (more cubicles) etc.

If I asked someone in an American street they would say football is more about women playing - Scotland has a different culture but with a women’s team attached to it our club is for all.

Nothing to do with PC just fact.

WhileTheChief..
21-08-2019, 06:23 PM
So there’s more watching than ever before, fair enough, doesn’t mean they’re anywhere near the same amount as men.

Anyways, that not my point, my point is about the family stuff.

To answer the other poster, no I don’t get all this community stuff. Doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

I’ve never once, ever, heard from anyone on here that has benefitted from the Community Foundation. No one knows what they do and you’d have thought that maybe one person might have popped on here to share their positive experience.

But nothing. Not a peep in over 10 years or whatever.

I want our club to concentrate on the football.

cabbageandribs1875
21-08-2019, 06:27 PM
hibs have a fairly large female support, the more the merrier...i just wish some of them would watch their language :wink:

Allant1981
21-08-2019, 06:28 PM
So there’s more watching than ever before, fair enough, doesn’t mean they’re anywhere near the same amount as men.

To answer the other poster, no I don’t get all this community stuff. Doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

I’ve never once, ever, heard from anyone on here that has benefitted from the Community Foundation. No one knows what they do and you’d have thought that maybe one person might have popped on here to share their positive experience.

Did you actually just say that no one knows what the community foundation does, I suggest you google them

WhileTheChief..
21-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Ha, that’s exactly what we all had to do when we found them plastered over the strip!

If you were honest though I bet you didn’t have a clue this time last year!

Keith_M
21-08-2019, 06:31 PM
We should start a Hibs-Club 18-30.

Seems to be a popular idea with certain people.

Since90+2
21-08-2019, 06:49 PM

It would be massively weather dependent though.

If it was pissing with rain or freezing , which it often is here , people are not going to stand outside and get soaked or freeze.

I like the idea of such a thing but I can't see it actually working in principle apart from on the odd sunny day.

Chuck Rhoades
21-08-2019, 07:35 PM
We should start a Hibs-Club 18-30.

Seems to be a popular idea with certain people.

Have a day off FFS.

You are also literally arguing with yourself 😂!

Eyrie
21-08-2019, 07:46 PM

There's spare land between Burdiehouse and Loanhead, which is well placed for the bypass. Could run a tram extension out to Penicuik which would cover the rail aspect.

lord bunberry
21-08-2019, 08:24 PM

It’s a crap idea.
No it isn’t. People don’t turn up early cause they’re in the pub. If you could get a pint in a fanzone before the game people would turn up earlier. It’s blindingly obvious.

lord bunberry
21-08-2019, 08:26 PM

It was closed due to a licensing problem. I’ve no idea what you’re on about.

lord bunberry
21-08-2019, 08:28 PM
It would be massively weather dependent though.

If it was pissing with rain or freezing , which it often is here , people are not going to stand outside and get soaked or freeze.

I like the idea of such a thing but I can't see it actually working in principle apart from on the odd sunny day.
The one last season was in a tent.

DMH0762
21-08-2019, 08:54 PM
It was closed due to a licensing problem. I’ve no idea what you’re on about.

Nor does he lbunberry......... i would hazard a guess he's not a "family man !

Yet you dismiss the idea of a Fanzone.s which would provide yet another revenue stream for the club.

You have dismissed , Females, Children.Families and the Community as of minimal value or importance to the club. FACT, they are equally as important to the club as you are and deserve the same consideration as to their needs and wants on match day as any macho male misogynist.

We all want the same thing after all, a successful team on the park.

FWIW my Granddaughter loves going to ER but hates the ritual of the pub and all that goes with it pre/post match. Fanzones would make the day much more enjoyable for her, her cousins , friends and FAMILY.

Nobody would force or insist you partake in the Fanzone experience so i fail to see why you are so against it.

lord bunberry
21-08-2019, 10:05 PM
Nor does he lbunberry......... i would hazard a guess he's not a "family man !

Yet you dismiss the idea of a Fanzone.s which would provide yet another revenue stream for the club.

You have dismissed , Females, Children.Families and the Community as of minimal value or importance to the club. FACT, they are equally as important to the club as you are and deserve the same consideration as to their needs and wants on match day as any macho male misogynist.

We all want the same thing after all, a successful team on the park.

FWIW my Granddaughter loves going to ER but hates the ritual of the pub and all that goes with it pre/post match. Fanzones would make the day much more enjoyable for her, her cousins , friends and FAMILY.

Nobody would force or insist you partake in the Fanzone experience so i fail to see why you are so against it.
Well said mate. To dismiss the community side of things is so short sighted. Hibs should be a pillar of the local community and to be fair it’s getting there. As for his other rants they’re not really worth talking about. I go to games with my partner and my daughter and there’s thousands of other women who attend games. He comes across as a dinosaur who has no grip on reality.

Keith_M
22-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Have a day off FFS.

You are also literally arguing with yourself ��!

Your sarcasm detector not functioning, Ross?

https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

Keith_M
22-08-2019, 01:07 PM

There's spare land between Burdiehouse and Loanhead, which is well placed for the bypass. Could run a tram extension out to Penicuik which would cover the rail aspect.

OK, I've drawn up my initial design for our new stadium and have even picked the location (plenty of space, good road and rail links and on the East side of town).

I'll be presenting the proposal to my mate Ron on Saturday

https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/winky.gif

DMH0762
22-08-2019, 01:12 PM
OK, I've drawn up my initial design for our new stadium and have even picked the location (plenty of space, good road and rail links and on the East side of town).

I'll be presenting the proposal to my mate Ron on Saturday

:wink:

I drew Ron Ron Ron, i drew Ron Ron.

Keith_M
22-08-2019, 01:14 PM
I drew Ron Ron Ron, i drew Ron Ron.

This is a serious subject, no puns please!

:tsk tsk:

DMH0762
22-08-2019, 01:19 PM
This is a serious subject, no puns please!

:tsk tsk:

consider my bottom smacked :dummytit:

Keith_M
22-08-2019, 01:22 PM
OK, as my Architect has finally got his @rse into gear, I can release the first image of our new Stadium, to be located between Shawfair and Newcraighall...

(ignore the flags outside, he was p1ssed when he drew it up)

https://www.tz.de/bilder/2009/11/04/513550/676045051-gruenwalder-stadion-modell-zukunft-PZHG.jpg

Billy Whizz
22-08-2019, 01:29 PM
OK, as my Architect has finally got his @rse into gear, I can release the first image of our new Stadium, to be located between Shawfair and Newcraighall...

(ignore the flags outside, he was p1ssed when he drew it up)

https://www.tz.de/bilder/2009/11/04/513550/676045051-gruenwalder-stadion-modell-zukunft-PZHG.jpg

Poor effort, it’s not very green looking😄

Saturday Boy
22-08-2019, 02:48 PM
Interesting thread. Tuesday night I was at Tranent watching the Hibs Development team and last night I was at Penicuik watching Hibs Ladies. Both East of Scotland League grounds. Apart from the p*ssing rain last night, my match day experience was everything I needed.

Catch up with a few friends, a pie and a hot drink, a decent game of football.

No need for fan zones.

Keith_M
22-08-2019, 05:22 PM
Poor effort, it’s not very green looking😄

Back to the Drawing Board, Billy?

:dunno:

Keith_M
22-08-2019, 05:57 PM
Poor effort, it’s not very green looking��

OK, just for you ....

Billy Whizz
22-08-2019, 06:01 PM
OK, just for you ....

Wanted a green stadium, everything’s green on this one???

Keith_M
22-08-2019, 06:03 PM
Wanted a green stadium, everything’s green on this one???

Jeez, some people are never happy!!

Billy Whizz
22-08-2019, 06:07 PM

I’m easily pleased, think your report card says, must try better

Saturday Boy
22-08-2019, 06:07 PM

And it’s the wrong shade of green. 😳

Keith_M
22-08-2019, 06:24 PM
And it’s the wrong shade of green. 😳

Everybody's a critic!

That's it, you two are barred fae ma.. ehm...Ah mean... our new stadium

Scouse Hibee
22-08-2019, 06:46 PM
OK, just for you ....

Surely if we’re sharing it then it should have the ability to pulse between green and maroon depending on who is at home.

Keith_M
23-08-2019, 08:08 AM
Surely if we’re sharing it then it should have the ability to pulse between green and maroon depending on who is at home.

Nah, Ron said we're not sharing with that mob.

When I mentioned Hearts getting involved in building a new a stadium, he literally laughed for five minutes.

The words 'Budge', 'P1ss up' and 'Brewery' were used

Phil MaGlass
23-08-2019, 04:05 PM

This

Radium
23-08-2019, 06:49 PM

Good idea. Wonder how much the SPFL teams would reduce their collective carbon footprint through such a simple change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk