PDA

View Full Version : Tom Boyd and Compliance Officer ( NHC)

h18eeynick
19-08-2019, 02:31 PM
Reading on BBC Sport Scotland that the Compliance Officer is to investigate Tom Boyds comments on Celtic TV about the non award of a penalty to Celtic. What level of involvement do these guys have and what sanction can they apply ? Chris Sutton gets away with murder but is it because Boyd has some kind of official role at Celtic ?

Onceinawhile
19-08-2019, 02:33 PM
Reading on BBC Sport Scotland that the Compliance Officer is to investigate Tom Boyds comments on Celtic TV about the non award of a penalty to Celtic. What level of involvement do these guys have and what sanction can they apply ? Chris Sutton gets away with murder but is it because Boyd has some kind of official role at Celtic ?

I'm surprised anything can be done about it, given that it's behind a pay wall tbh. Its for celtic fans consumption only, what do they expect?

Sutton presumably can't be done as they wouldn't wish to annoy BT sport or set a precedent that would potentially cost us a TV deal.

HoboHarry
19-08-2019, 02:36 PM
It's a dreadful reflection on Beaton and the SFA refereeing department that they leave themselves wide open to this type of comment, they don't help themselves.....

h18eeynick
19-08-2019, 02:36 PM
I'm surprised anything can be done about it, given that it's behind a pay wall tbh. Its for celtic fans consumption only, what do they expect?

Sutton presumably can't be done as they wouldn't wish to annoy BT sport or set a precedent that would potentially cost us a TV deal.

Which makes the story even stranger . Why investigate something if no sanctions available ?

HoboHarry
19-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Which makes the story even stranger . Why investigate something if no sanctions available ?
I doubt being behind a paywall will matter if he is officially employed by Celtic.....

h18eeynick
19-08-2019, 02:38 PM
I doubt being behind a paywall will matter if he is officially employed by Celtic.....

Where does it stop though ? Girl on reception says Beaton is a cheat - what happens then ?

CMurdoch
19-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Can't see it.
Most club broadcast commentators and summarisers struggle to take a balanced view of what is happening on the pitch (laughably so at times).
Bottom line is they broadcast a populist and biased view to their paying customers.

matty_f
19-08-2019, 02:40 PM

It won't - if he's acting in an official capacity for Celtic then he the SFA or SPFL (whoever's remit it falls under) can sanction him for those comments.

One Day
19-08-2019, 02:50 PM
what did he say

HoboHarry
19-08-2019, 02:52 PM
what did he say
Here's the link....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49397517

Treadstone
19-08-2019, 02:58 PM
Remember Dallas reporting a Hibs ball girl years ago at a match against Celtic.

One Day
19-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Here's the link....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49397517

Thank you

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Hibs tv slaughter some of the refs, and so they should. Nonsense that those commentating should be held accountable and the clubs could be punished.

The Count
19-08-2019, 03:24 PM
So i few words about a referee are investigated.Yet silence on the Huns behavior at Killie.Surely dangerous actions putting lifes at risk are more important than a few words about a ref.

h18eeynick
19-08-2019, 03:29 PM
So i few words about a referee are investigated.Yet silence on the Huns behavior at Killie.Surely dangerous actions putting lifes at risk are more important than a few words about a ref.

Good point !

Sir David Gray
19-08-2019, 04:59 PM

Chris Sutton doesn't work for Celtic, Tom Boyd does in his role as a pundit on Celtic TV.

The rule is as follows;

'A club or recognised football body which publishes, distributes, issues, sells or authorises a third party to publish, distribute, issue or sell a match programme or any other publication or audio/visual material of any description in any media now existing or hereinafter invented, including but not limited to the Internet, social networking or micro-blogging sites, shall ensure that any such publications or audio/visual material does not contain any criticism of any match official calculated to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official or to impinge upon his character.'

Boyd's banged to rights here, whether you agree with his comments or not.

Torto7
19-08-2019, 05:03 PM
I can't be too upset by this even though I loathe Beaton and the west coast refereeing cartel.

Boyd comes across as an utter fud on Celtic TV.

monarch
19-08-2019, 05:11 PM
Chris Sutton doesn't work for Celtic, Tom Boyd does in his role as a pundit on Celtic TV.

The rule is as follows;

'A club or recognised football body which publishes, distributes, issues, sells or authorises a third party to publish, distribute, issue or sell a match programme or any other publication or audio/visual material of any description in any media now existing or hereinafter invented, including but not limited to the Internet, social networking or micro-blogging sites, shall ensure that any such publications or audio/visual material does not contain any criticism of any match official calculated to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official or to impinge upon his character.'

Where do the regular “statements” issued by Jim Traynor/Rangers/Club 1872 fall within this ruling ? A number of these could be considered critical of referees.

HoboHarry
19-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Where do the regular “statements” issued by Jim Traynor/Rangers/Club 1872 fall within this ruling ? A number of these could be considered critical of referees.
Think that may be to do with what foot he kicks with and something about goats.....

truehibernian
19-08-2019, 05:25 PM

I believe Police Scotland have launched an investigation into it. Wonder when the CCTV images will be published in the media a la the Hampden exuberance :cb one rule for one team...................

we are hibs
19-08-2019, 05:37 PM
There are biased referees. Its blatantly obvious. Those who dont think certain referees favour one side over another is living on a different galaxy tbh.

Most referees come from the west of Scotland. That means most referees (like most football fans unfortunately) will support one of either celtic or rangers. Are we seriously saying that doesnt come into their thinking when refereeing either side?

The Count
19-08-2019, 05:39 PM
I believe Police Scotland have launched an investigation into it. Wonder when the CCTV images will be published in the media a la the Hampden exuberance :cb one rule for one team...................

Seems to me that the Scottish Football Authorities are quick to jump on minor issues.Yet the big issues of anti catholic singing.constant pitch invasions,breaking into grounds,throwing coins etc at opposition fans at Ibrox etc.etc.is conveniently been ignored.Nothing will change in Scotland sadly

truehibernian
19-08-2019, 05:41 PM
There are biased referees. Its blatantly obvious. Those who dont think certain referees favour one side over another is living on a different galaxy tbh.

Most referees come from the west of Scotland. That means most referees (like most football fans unfortunately) will support one of either celtic or rangers. Are we seriously saying that doesnt come into their thinking when refereeing either side?

Another 'curious' thing is Bobby Madden's approach to Hearts games since Levein lambasted him publicly. Very lenient and 'giving' to say the least :cb

Sammy7nil
19-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Hibs tv slaughter some of the refs, and so they should. Nonsense that those commentating should be held accountable and the clubs could be punished.

The problem is he is paid by Celtic therefore an employee of the club the other guys won't be paid by Celtic.

19-08-2019, 07:04 PM
Has anybody actually seen the penalty incident in question? Can't find it anywhere. Not even on Twitter from someone using their phone to video the TV.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-08-2019, 07:08 PM
what did he say

"If he doesn't know that's a penalty he should not be in the middle of the park refereeing a football game," Boyd said.

"He'll probably be welcomed down his pub tonight again."

Lol he’s absolutely right

The powers that be should be more concerned by Beaton on and off the pitch

h18eeynick
19-08-2019, 07:26 PM

The rule is as follows;

I love this site as someone always comes up with a cracker! Dont know where the info comes from but keeps me educated. 100 % genuine response by the way before any wise cracks

Carheenlea
19-08-2019, 07:52 PM
Tom Boyd is your archetypal Celtic minded type who genuinely believe there is a conspiracy against their club. Can’t be taken seriously :hilarious

Torto7
19-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Tom Boyd is your archetypal Celtic minded type who genuinely believe there is a conspiracy against their club. Can’t be taken seriously :hilarious

My Mrs is a Celtic fan so I'm fairly familiar with Boyd. Even smaller games against the Livingstons etc you have Boyd going off his nut about throw ins being some big conspiracy against Celtic.

Now I don't need any great convincing when it comes to the allegiances of our officials but Boyd is still an utter welt. Even the Mrs thinks so.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2019, 08:17 PM
If a commentator in Celts pay, went on Celtc TV and suggested that their conspiracy theories were all in their heads, he would be punted. Given that you would not be buying Celtc TV by accident, I don't see the issue at all.

The 90+2
19-08-2019, 08:29 PM
That’s mental. How do they radges on hun tv get off all the time then?

CMurdoch
20-08-2019, 01:30 AM
Seems to me that the Scottish Football Authorities are quick to jump on minor issues.Yet the big issues of anti catholic singing.constant pitch invasions,breaking into grounds,throwing coins etc at opposition fans at Ibrox etc.etc.is conveniently been ignored.Nothing will change in Scotland sadly

Awright Neil

CMurdoch
20-08-2019, 01:50 AM
"If he doesn't know that's a penalty he should not be in the middle of the park refereeing a football game," Boyd said.

A paid club representative of Celtic can't say that.

A massive foul.

Celtic have all the money and all the best players and Boyd is crying about decisions not going for them.
The penalty decision comments are a massively lame excuse for a Celtic team unable to beat a run of the mill Championship team over 90 minutes. Embarrassing from Calimero Boyd. It's an injustice, that Dunfermline wouldn't let the world famous Glasgow Celtic win at Paradise and the referee was helpin' them. Boohoo!

Aw that flooding at the end of last week wasnae down to global warning, it was Celtic supporters unable to stop greetin' after their team shot it's own feet off. More decisions going against Celtic Tom. That conspiracy must go all the way to UEFA. To my mind the only conspiracy against Celtic was the one between it's midfielders and defender. Cluj, short for toilet.

Dry you eyes Tom, time to wake up, that Rangers are right behind you.

percy veer
20-08-2019, 03:06 AM

A massive foul.

Celtic have all the money and all the best players and Boyd is crying about decisions not going for them.
The penalty decision comments are a massively lame excuse for a Celtic team unable to beat a run of the mill Championship team over 90 minutes. Embarrassing from Calimero Boyd. It's an injustice, that Dunfermline wouldn't let the world famous Glasgow Celtic win at Paradise and the referee was helpin' them. Boohoo!

Aw that flooding at the end of last week wasnae down to global warning, it was Celtic supporters unable to stop greetin' after their team shot it's own feet off. More decisions going against Celtic Tom. That conspiracy must go all the way to UEFA. To my mind the only conspiracy against Celtic was the one between it's midfielders and defender. Cluj, short for toilet.

Dry you eyes Tom, time to wake up, that Rangers are right behind you.

who was the ref for our humping at ibrox, Very card happy at the start, Would he have Reffed a old firm like this? Silly me he saw what morelos was doing and let him away with it in the last old firm

SouthMoroccoStu
20-08-2019, 04:21 AM

A massive foul.

There are pictures online of Beaton in his local which is a proper rangers fans pub (union and red hands flags everywhere and they are probably to a wee traditional singsong most evenings)

He should not be allowed to officiate games in Scotland where he obviously can’t remain impartial

Allant1981
20-08-2019, 06:37 AM
That’s mental. How do they radges on hun tv get off all the time then?

Probably the same as our guys, volunteers so not actually employed by the club, the main guy is a complete t!t

The Count
20-08-2019, 07:42 AM
Awright Neil

Serious point though with all that goes on in Scottish football is Tom "The Duck" Boyds stupid comment really worth an investigation.I just wish the authorities would tackle the big issues and ignore twats like Boyd.

Since452
20-08-2019, 07:45 AM
Didn't even know Boyd was at Celtic until this. Heard nothing about him since around 2003

The 90+2
20-08-2019, 07:50 AM
Probably the same as our guys, volunteers so not actually employed by the club, the main guy is a complete t!t

Aye sounds about right. They usually have a former player beside him that’s left controversial.

SouthMoroccoStu
20-08-2019, 08:05 AM

aw no.... :wink::greengrin

StevieT
20-08-2019, 08:54 AM
Can anyone remember the Partick v Morton game a couple of seasons ago when no goal was awarded after the ball hit the back of the net? I was a referee in boys football being paid £23 pregame. I posted on social media that the standard of refereeing is getting worse and picked up a £150 fine from the compliance officer

CMurdoch
20-08-2019, 09:55 AM
who was the ref for our humping at ibrox, Very card happy at the start, Would he have Reffed a old firm like this? Silly me he saw what morelos was doing and let him away with it in the last old firm

:rolleyes:
The reason we got humped at Ibrox was Sean Mackie.
He was correctly booked for a horrendous tackle in the 1st half and then a second for deliberately handling the ball in a moment of psychological weakness early in the 2nd half.
Our team fought hard until the 3rd goal but had nothing left physically or mentally after that.
Without the sending off the result would probably have been a 3-1 loss which would have been much easier to stomach against a strong Rangers team.

CMurdoch
20-08-2019, 10:16 AM

You appear to have an issue with your perception.
Hopefully this small example can help you a little
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-fans-blasted-over-rugby-14016946

The Count
20-08-2019, 10:24 AM
You appear to have an issue with your perception.
Hopefully this small example can help you a little
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-fans-blasted-over-rugby-14016946

Sorry dont read that rag after 2016.No Hibby should touch that weegie rag with a barge pole.Anyway we will agree to disagree.

Future17
20-08-2019, 10:39 AM
Can anyone remember the Partick v Morton game a couple of seasons ago when no goal was awarded after the ball hit the back of the net? I was a referee in boys football being paid £23 pregame. I posted on social media that the standard of refereeing is getting worse and picked up a £150 fine from the compliance officer

What a shambles that is. I assume that was in relation to a rule that applies only to referees/officials?

FWIW, I think Boyd/Celtc should be punished for this. That isn't to say there aren't bigger issues out there the SFA should be dealing with, but that doesn't mean you let all other rules slide.

CMurdoch
20-08-2019, 10:57 AM
Sorry dont read that rag after 2016.No Hibby should touch that weegie rag with a barge pole.Anyway we will agree to disagree.

Celtic and Rangers
The reality is their fans are mirror images of each other in almost every way
For every piece of bad behaviour from Celtic fans you can find an equivalent bad behaviour from the Rangers fans and vice versa.

You registered on this site in 2014 and made your 1st post yesterday.
Can we expect another post in 2024 or before that on another thread relating to Celtic?

Steve20
20-08-2019, 11:03 AM

Good luck at the weekend. Hope you beat Hearts.

oldbutdim
20-08-2019, 11:07 AM
Awright Neil

I think you misread his name.

It's "The Count"

CentreLine
20-08-2019, 11:42 AM

Read it and the language is remarkably similar to the language that they used to report the 2016 cup final. Talk of goading opposition fans and players. There’s a surprise.

matty_f
20-08-2019, 11:46 AM
I think Boyd is out of order with his comments, certainly according to the rule-book. He could have criticised the ref without implying that he was a cheat. He's crossed a line with his comments.

The Count
20-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Celtic and Rangers
The reality is their fans are mirror images of each other in almost every way
For every piece of bad behaviour from Celtic fans you can find an equivalent bad behaviour from the Rangers fans and vice versa.

You registered on this site in 2014 and made your 1st post yesterday.
Can we expect another post in 2024 or before that on another thread relating to Celtic?

Went to school in Leith in the 1960s.School strip was green,white and gold i will give you that.But always supported the first team to wear the green like Stanton/ ORourke two fellow former pupils..So i guess what i am saying to you is dont be so judgemental when you know nothing about my background.I will return to the back benches and view so you win i suppose but thats for others to judge.

HoboHarry
20-08-2019, 11:51 AM
I think Boyd is out of order with his comments, certainly according to the rule-book. He could have criticised the ref without implying that he was a cheat. He's crossed a line with his comments.
Perhaps he is but Beaton left himself wide open by being pictured drinking in a Sevco bar with Sevco fans after the New Year Celtic game. Unprofessional doesn't even begin to cover it if the reporting was accurate......

Hibernia&Alba
20-08-2019, 07:39 PM

You just know he meant lodge, not pub :greengrin

Of course his pub could be The Louden.

overdrive
20-08-2019, 08:29 PM
I turned over to Aberdeen TV last week during their Europa League match. I think they had just conceded. The commentators were going absolutely radge at the referee, accusing him of being corrupt and saying things like “make no mistake, there is no doubt we are playing against at least 12 men”. They will be glad UEFA is more lenient than the SFA.

McD
20-08-2019, 08:44 PM

Agree to disagree because the evidence contradicts your view?

heretoday
20-08-2019, 08:47 PM
The ref's a hun.