PDA

View Full Version : Hearts fan attacked

Weegreenman
18-08-2019, 07:36 PM
I’ve heard that a Hearts fan was attacked after Fridays game against Motherwell. What makes this even worse is that the lad was with his mum ffs! https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/gang-break-hearts-fans-jaw-18956106

Those responsible must feel very proud. I hope the lad makes a speedy recovery. We might be rivals but we are all football fans at the end of the day and this type of thing is quite sickening.

04Sauzee
18-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Disgusting, I wonder what goes through some folks mind. Hope he makes a speedy recovery and this doesn't put him off going to the football.

The 90+2
18-08-2019, 07:41 PM
****bags

The Spaceman
18-08-2019, 07:43 PM
Cowardly ****. Hope he gets better soon and gets himself back to the games :aok:

Sir David Gray
18-08-2019, 07:43 PM
I won't click on the link but anyone who attacks someone else just because of the team they support is an utter disgrace.

GreenArmyyy!
18-08-2019, 07:45 PM
An absolute disgrace. Some utter Neanderthals in this world.

hope the Jambo lad makes a full recovery ASAP.

Billy Whizz
18-08-2019, 07:54 PM
Disgusting act.

cabbageandribs1875
18-08-2019, 08:09 PM
they wee murrawell neds have been getting a bit nippy the last few years, maybe just needing a right good.talking to

Pretty Boy
18-08-2019, 08:10 PM
******** behaviour.

Hope the young lad is OK.

Greencore
18-08-2019, 08:13 PM
Utter ****bags

CloudSquall
18-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Going after anyone like that is horrendous but to do it to someone that is with their mum is beyond belief, of course they couldn't choose a victim that was in a group of guys.

Congruence
18-08-2019, 08:17 PM
I’ve heard that a Hearts fan was attacked after Fridays game against Motherwell. What makes this even worse is that the lad was with his mum ffs! https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/gang-break-hearts-fans-jaw-18956106

Those responsible must feel very proud. I hope the lad makes a speedy recovery. We might be rivals but we are all football fans at the end of the day and this type of thing is quite sickening.

Despicable behaviour - we all accept rivalry, but very when this type of conduct rears it's ugly head... Yes, best wishes for a speedy recovery

Pedantic_Hibee
18-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Hope the lad makes a full recovery and it doesn’t stop him or his mum supporting their team.

hibby6270
18-08-2019, 08:27 PM
His mum has been posting on football groups on Facebook. Apparently a broken jaw. Also, and to add further insult to his injury, he’ll be off work for a few weeks and that means no wages/pay.

No matter his football team allegiance, nobody deserves this to happen. Get well soon.

The 90+2
18-08-2019, 08:32 PM
His mum has been posting on football groups on Facebook. Apparently a broken jaw. Also, and to add further insult to his injury, he’ll be off work for a few weeks and that means no wages/pay.

No matter his football team allegiance, nobody deserves this to happen. Get well soon.

Why wouldn’t he be paid for being off work?

Sir David Gray
18-08-2019, 08:37 PM

Might be self employed?

Scottie
18-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Probably self employed id guess.

Hope the lad is ok and it dosen't put him off following his club :aok:

The 90+2
18-08-2019, 08:40 PM
True and me too (refrained myself from a football gag)

Here’s Lucy!
18-08-2019, 08:45 PM
Apparently, the ‘young Motherwell thugs’ only hit his mum a couple of times before setting about this poor bloke.

Well, that was nice of them.

Hi Heid Yin
18-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Get well soon, Darren.

I hope they find the sc.m who attacked you and your mum.

18-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Hope he makes a quick recovery.

Here’s Lucy!
18-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Get well soon, Darren.

I hope they find the sc.m who attacked you and your mum.

Well said, mate. :aok:

Sc,m is actually too good a word to describe this sort. They are the lowest of the low but, sadly, it’s the way things are going nowadays.

BILLYHIBS
18-08-2019, 09:08 PM
Unacceptable behaviour

What are we coming to?

FFS!

makaveli1875
18-08-2019, 09:12 PM
Might be self employed?

I don't get sick pay and I'm employed by a company. If I'm off I get statutory sick pay which is about 1/8th of my actual weekly wage

Just Alf
18-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Totally out of order, hope they get caught and dealt with to the fullest extent by the law.

Get well soon lad and back watching yer team.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Killiehibbie
18-08-2019, 09:50 PM

Quite a few companies that don't pay employees for sick time. SSP isn't very much

Sammy7nil
18-08-2019, 10:06 PM
The gang must be very proud reading the story in the paper. I really don't understand these ********s .I hope they are caught and get what they deserve. I hope Darren is okay and not too traumatised by this. Nice gesture by Motherwell.

ahibby
18-08-2019, 10:15 PM
The gang must be very proud reading the story in the paper. I really don't understand these ********s .I hope they are caught and get what they deserve. I hope Darren is okay and not too traumatised by this. Nice gesture by Motherwell.

Thugs everyone and probably cowards too. Doubt if any involved would go to Tynecastle. Hope the lads makes a good recovery.

Carheenlea
18-08-2019, 10:16 PM
They’re little gang of wannabe ultras does include some unsavoury sorts. Kicked off outside Fir Park last season at a midweek fixture and seems to be creeping back in a bit at Motherwell. Assaulting a guy with his mother is low.

JohnM1875
18-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Bunch of absolute cowards! I hate stuff like this. Group of 'hard men' picking a fight where the numbers favour them. Bet they lived off it that night as well retelling the tale to all their neanderthal mates. ****.

Incidentally I was in the pub after the game on Saturday and got talking to an absolutely wrecked Jambo (was like 6pm, some effort by him) and he was gong on about how the Edinburgh Derby is the best derby in the country cause we have a rivalry but don't completely hate each other. And I kinda get that. I mean, unfortunately half my family are deluded and support Hearts. And I'll never hate them or that.

Told him I'm more inclined to hate The Rangers due to the Championship years to which he replied he felt the same about Celtic. Which makes sense. But also doesn't.

Fife-Hibee
18-08-2019, 11:40 PM
Cowards. Targetting a young lad and his mum. They must feel real hard. Well what goes around comes around and one day their target is going to be someone that they won't soon forget. Little punks.

CMurdoch
18-08-2019, 11:43 PM

:greengrin good 1st world reaction

CMurdoch
18-08-2019, 11:46 PM
They’re little gang of wannabe ultras does include some unsavoury sorts. Kicked off outside Fir Park last season at a midweek fixture and seems to be creeping back in a bit at Motherwell. Assaulting a guy with his mother is low.

Ultras :faf:. Another word for ar5e holes

FilipinoHibs
19-08-2019, 01:04 AM

Yes saw on face book. Father and son attacked with son hospitalised. Wished him a speedy recovery.

Smartie
19-08-2019, 07:06 AM
Bunch of absolute cowards! I hate stuff like this. Group of 'hard men' picking a fight where the numbers favour them. Bet they lived off it that night as well retelling the tale to all their neanderthal mates. ****.

Incidentally I was in the pub after the game on Saturday and got talking to an absolutely wrecked Jambo (was like 6pm, some effort by him) and he was gong on about how the Edinburgh Derby is the best derby in the country cause we have a rivalry but don't completely hate each other. And I kinda get that. I mean, unfortunately half my family are deluded and support Hearts. And I'll never hate them or that.

Told him I'm more inclined to hate The Rangers due to the Championship years to which he replied he felt the same about Celtic. Which makes sense. But also doesn't.

I think more than anything the Rangers/ Hibs and Celtic/ Hearts thing reflects their attitude to us.

Rangers hate us because many of them have built up their heads that we're something we're not - a mini Celtic. So much Neanderthal bigoted poison comes from them that it's impossible not to reciprocate to some extent.

Hearts get exactly the same from Celtic. Add into the equation that there is a genuinely bigoted section of the Hearts support and you have the "hatred" between those clubs.

G B Young
19-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Not just football matches which attract this sort of moronic behaviour. Father out with his daughter was pushed on to subway tracks by a bunch of f***wits at the weekend:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-49387403

Since452
19-08-2019, 08:02 AM
Nobody should be attacked going to the football. Hopefully ****bags are banged up

lyonhibs
19-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Unreal. *****bag, cowardly behaviour from the kind of ********s that should have been chucked in the bin at birth.

Hope the Jambo gets well soon and is back at the football with his mum again ASAP.

Aldo
19-08-2019, 09:08 AM
They pick their fights and to attack a young lad with his mum shows exactly what they are all about. Cowardly *******s!

Hope the lad makes a quick recovery and gets back to the games ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
19-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hyjack this thread, however once the court case is finished, there'll be a story for you all to read about one of our very own beating up my brother (who has cerebral palsy) while he was sat in his season seat... It has really bothered me since the incident that not one Hibs supporter surrounding him tried to stop this or help my brother. Unfortunately, ****bags follow every team.

Allant1981
19-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Sorry to hyjack this thread, however once the court case is finished, there'll be a story for you all to read about one of our very own beating up my brother (who has cerebral palsy) while he was sat in his season seat... It has really bothered me since the incident that not one Hibs supporter surrounding him tried to stop this or help my brother. Unfortunately, ****bags follow every team.

That's not good to hear, hope your brother is on the mend and it hasnt put him off attending ER

FilipinoHibs
19-08-2019, 10:29 AM
I think more than anything the Rangers/ Hibs and Celtic/ Hearts thing reflects their attitude to us.

Rangers hate us because many of them have built up their heads that we're something we're not - a mini Celtic. So much Neanderthal bigoted poison comes from them that it's impossible not to reciprocate to some extent.

Hearts get exactly the same from Celtic. Add into the equation that there is a genuinely bigoted section of the Hearts support and you have the "hatred" between those clubs.

Mind you Celtic get lots of sectarian abuse when they go to Tynie. Players and officials say it is more poisonous than Ibrox.

RoxburghHibs
19-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Hope he makes a quick recovery - no place for this whatsoever.

Keith_M
19-08-2019, 11:41 AM
What a brave bunch, attacking a young guy and his Mum.

Idiots.

Keith_M
19-08-2019, 11:49 AM
Ultras :faf:. Another word for ar5e holes

My sentiments exactly.

There's definitely an increase in idiotic behaviour and violence at games in the past few years. Sadly it isn't restricted to groups that actually want to have a go at each other, now anybody is a target.

FWIW, many of the so-called Ultras in Europe do exactly the same*

* Before any over sensitive wee souls take the hump with that comment, I'm not saying ALL 'Ultras' are like that, but a very large number are. I''m speaking as somebody that lived in two countries with regular problems.

KDY Hibs
19-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Shocking, hopefully ****bags get jail.

Austinho
19-08-2019, 12:44 PM
My dad and I went to a night time away game at Motherwell around 2009 and ended up parking outside a block of flats half a mile from the ground. My dad’s car had a Hibs numberplate and we had our Hibs scarves on, so it was pretty obvious who we were there to see, we’d never had trouble parking there during the day though. As soon as we started walking, my dad whispered sternly to me to keep my head down, don’t turn around and keep walking - a group of youths were standing up the hill lobbing golf balls at us. I saw at least 10 wizz past, luckily we weren’t hit, but wondered if other fans that night weren’t as lucky.

I assumed they were all Rangers fans given we didn’t have that much of a rivalry with Well.

S.sct
19-08-2019, 01:42 PM
Acht hate to hear **** like this. Hopefully doesn’t scar the lad too badly and he’s back to see his team lose in the Derby.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-08-2019, 03:59 PM
Don't mind if its casuals attacking casuals but to attack a lad with his mum is just disgusting...hopefully they will catch them soon...utter ***** bags

LancsHibs
19-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Disgusting cowardly act. I hope the lad gets well soon. They must be really hard this Motherwell mob picking a fight with a lad and his mum in an underpass and punching him from behind:no way:

ahibby
19-08-2019, 05:46 PM
My dad and I went to a night time away game at Motherwell around 2009 and ended up parking outside a block of flats half a mile from the ground. My dad’s car had a Hibs numberplate and we had our Hibs scarves on, so it was pretty obvious who we were there to see, we’d never had trouble parking there during the day though. As soon as we started walking, my dad whispered sternly to me to keep my head down, don’t turn around and keep walking - a group of youths were standing up the hill lobbing golf balls at us. I saw at least 10 wizz past, luckily we weren’t hit, but wondered if other fans that night weren’t as lucky.

I assumed they were all Rangers fans given we didn’t have that much of a rivalry with Well.

Parked roughly in the same area and had large steel ball bearings thrown at me. They take them into the ground too.

Dmas
19-08-2019, 05:55 PM

Ran into a bunch of these sorts on the train home after the st. Mirren game after they played Livi, a group of grade A bangers causing bother for everyone else on the train singing songs about sexual assaults can’t imagine those laddies lasting the whole season without finding themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time

CentreLine
19-08-2019, 06:50 PM

Absolutely disgusting but you are right, we have more than our fair share of £@&$wits in our support too! What goes through the heads of some people attending a sporting event is incredible. I have no wish to prejudice any court case but in general terms, attacking anyone is outrageous but attacking someone with a disability take it to a different level.

hfc rd
19-08-2019, 06:53 PM
That is disgusting and I really hope the **** that did this cowardly act get named, shamed and prosecuted.

Hope the young lads makes a full recovery and is back at the football soon.

DTS
19-08-2019, 07:38 PM
Same guy covered his ex’s girlfriends car in cement on Christmas Day saying “you messed with the wrong man”. Wouldn’t be surprised if the two are linked.

DH1875
19-08-2019, 08:35 PM
That is disgusting and I really hope the **** that did this cowardly act get named, shamed and prosecuted.

Hope the young lads makes a full recovery and is back at the football soon.

There not hard to find. They stand at the top of the main shopping street you walk down heading towards the stadium from the train station. Has CCTV all over it as well.

04Sauzee
19-08-2019, 08:37 PM
Same guy covered his ex’s girlfriends car in cement on Christmas Day saying “you messed with the wrong man”. Wouldn’t be surprised if the two are linked.

Hope you have concrete evidence of this.

Joking aside he doesn't seem like an angel. Shame this happened at the football

Since90+2
19-08-2019, 08:40 PM
Hope you have concrete evidence of this.

Joking aside he doesn't seem like an angel. Shame this happened at the football

Its genuine. Was reported at the time by The Sun and the report is still available online.

Some Hearts fans now asking for their money back after donating on a go fund me page.

Regardless still feel abit sorry for the lad and hopefully whoever attacked him is found and charged.

DH1875
19-08-2019, 08:41 PM

Doubt it. Their an active we group and have been for a few years now. Liked I said, their easy to spot on match days and even I could point a couple of them out.

hibby6270
19-08-2019, 08:47 PM

As a few others have said, could be self employed, but more likely he’s just employed by a company/firm that doesn’t pay you if you don’t work - for whatever reasons.

In my working days before retiring, I was lucky to work for a company that did pay you when off sick. Guess it depends what line of work you’re in whether you get paid or not.

Here’s Lucy!
19-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Doubt it. Their an active we group and have been for a few years now. Liked I said, their easy to spot on match days and even I could point a couple of them out.

They’re.

Wee.

DH1875
19-08-2019, 09:18 PM
They’re.

Wee.

Here’s Lucy!
19-08-2019, 09:22 PM

Just the pedant within.

04Sauzee
19-08-2019, 09:24 PM
Just the pedant within.

Try and suppress it.

Here’s Lucy!
19-08-2019, 09:30 PM
Try and suppress it.

Why?

CMurdoch
19-08-2019, 10:21 PM

Naebody move there's been a Mortar

Karma was slow but got there in the end

CMurdoch
19-08-2019, 11:25 PM

Someone being assaulted inside the ground and Hibs fans not stopping it is horrendous (unless it's a fight between ar5eholes).
It is a damning indictment of you as a man not to step in if you are able.
I am happy to say I can't imagine it happening in Section 41 where i sit.
I don't think there are more than a handful of morons in the whole section and even they operate in splendid isolation.

I remember you speaking about the assault on here shortly after it happened.
It seems such a long time ago.

If the accused's solicitor has any sense they will advise him/them not to go to trial as the presentation of the evidence will max them out on the **** scale.
Best wishes to your brother.

SeanWilson
20-08-2019, 04:41 AM
Someone being assaulted inside the ground and Hibs fans not stopping it is horrendous (unless it's a fight between ar5eholes).
It is a damning indictment of you as a man not to step in if you are able.
I am happy to say I can't imagine it happening in Section 41 where i sit.
I don't think there are more than a handful of morons in the whole section and even they operate in splendid isolation.

I remember you speaking about the assault on here shortly after it happened.
It seems such a long time ago.

If the accused's solicitor has any sense they will advise him/them not to go to trial as the presentation of the evidence will max them out on the **** scale.
Best wishes to your brother.

The guy is a known moron with plenty previous. The problem we have now is more around the repercussions around the fact he's been banned/having to go to court and all the the nonsense that surrounds that and my bro being **** scared to do the one thing in his life he can actually enjoy. A very sad state of affairs. 😔

JimBHibees
20-08-2019, 05:56 AM
The guy is a known moron with plenty previous. The problem we have now is more around the repercussions around the fact he's been banned/having to go to court and all the the nonsense that surrounds that and my bro being **** scared to do the one thing in his life he can actually enjoy. A very sad state of affairs. 😔

Horrible to hear that. Is your brother still going to games and has he considered moving to another part of the stadium so less likely to remind him of what happened ? Depressing to hear no one helped him out at the time. Hope he gets over this in time.

Jones28
20-08-2019, 06:23 AM

Sorry to hear that Sean.

CMurdoch
20-08-2019, 09:21 AM

(If you are who I think you are) I was in the same line of work as your dad so morons are not a big deal for me.
If there is anything i can do to help your brother overcome any issues on match day let me know.

SeanWilson
20-08-2019, 02:25 PM
Horrible to hear that. Is your brother still going to games and has he considered moving to another part of the stadium so less likely to remind him of what happened ? Depressing to hear no one helped him out at the time. Hope he gets over this in time.

Hibs have moved him to the west stand, which is a help. However, he can't really rationalise things like this so it obviously effects his passion for the game, which is a real shame. He'll get there. As you say, the fact this happened just before the start of a game, surrounded by thousands of people and not one person thought to try and intervene... Poor.

SeanWilson
20-08-2019, 02:26 PM
(If you are who I think you are) I was in the same line of work as your dad so morons are not a big deal for me.
If there is anything i can do to help your brother overcome any issues on match day let me know.

👍 I'm likely to be who you think I am 🤣 thanks a lot for that.

Hibernia&Alba
20-08-2019, 05:52 PM

That's terrible. It's understandable that people are sometimes afraid to get involved in trouble, in case they also end up getting hurt, but when it's a defenceless person with a disability, there is a duty to intervene and you have to accept there is risk. I can't understand why nobody at all stepped up; that's shameful. I hope he manages to put it behind him quickly, because that's an outrage.

Same goes with the Hearts fan. Have his attackers been caught?

CMurdoch
20-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Its genuine. Was reported at the time by The Sun and the report is still available online.

Some Hearts fans now asking for their money back after donating on a go fund me page.

Regardless still feel abit sorry for the lad and hopefully whoever attacked him is found and charged.

His go fund me page stalled after Cementgate came to light but he still managed to collect over £2k in 2 days.
Should be able to buy himself a quality cement mixer for that :wink:.

Hibernia&Alba
20-08-2019, 08:51 PM

Few things anger me as much as bullying, and bullying a disabled guy is the lowest of the low. Let's hope the culprit has the book thrown at him, and your brother mustn't allow a cretin like that to ruin his enjoyment. Perhaps the club do something to help make him feel secure again? There must be something that could help him enjoy matchdays again.

Sammy7nil
20-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Just the pedant within.

I prefer ****** within :greengrin :wink:

Terrible stuff I hope your brother can recover and enjoy ER again.

Here’s Lucy!
20-08-2019, 09:34 PM
His go fund me page stalled after Cementgate came to light but he still managed to collect over £2k in 2 days.
Should be able to buy himself a quality cement mixer for that :wink:.

Are you saying he’s actually got his hands on the cash, or are you saying that’s what has been donated so far?

Personally, I hope he gets nowhere near the money, in either scenario.

Here’s Lucy!
20-08-2019, 09:35 PM
I prefer ****** within :greengrin :wink:

Terrible stuff I hope your brother can recover and enjoy ER again.

:greengrin

oldbutdim
20-08-2019, 09:44 PM
👍 I'm likely to be who you think I am 🤣 thanks a lot for that.

I'm guessing you're NOT the one with the blonde hair, but I may be wrong.

:big grin:

CMurdoch
20-08-2019, 11:53 PM
Are you saying he’s actually got his hands on the cash, or are you saying that’s what has been donated so far?

Personally, I hope he gets nowhere near the money, in either scenario.

It's what's been donated so far.
Lots of Jambo's trying to claw their payments back after the cement hit the fan

FranckSuzy
21-08-2019, 03:48 PM

I am really sorry to hear this. I sincerely hope Karma pays the culprit a wee visit soon and that your brother can enjoy going to the games again.

SeanWilson
21-08-2019, 04:36 PM
I am really sorry to hear this. I sincerely hope Karma pays the culprit a wee visit soon and that your brother can enjoy going to the games again.

Thanks for your kind words.

Here’s Lucy!
21-08-2019, 05:31 PM
It's what's been donated so far.
Lots of Jambo's trying to claw their payments back after the cement hit the fan

Cheers, Colin :aok:

I’d want my money back too!

Iggy Pope
21-08-2019, 05:38 PM
Cowards. Targetting a young lad and his mum. They must feel real hard. Well what goes around comes around and one day their target is going to be someone that they won't soon forget. Little punks.

Steady.

cabbageandribs1875
21-08-2019, 05:42 PM
after cementgate disclosure, **** him, hope his maws ok though