PDA

View Full Version : Lennon pay off

hibIBZ
18-08-2019, 05:42 PM
Not sure this has been discussed and I know that the actual figures involved would never be released, but how much did Lennon leaving cost the club and how much effect has this had on the playing budget? It was said that Lennon was the highest paid manager we have had, so any pay off would likely be pretty high.

It is clear that we are short in a couple of positons, mainly centre midfield and striker, as we usually play 2 centre mid and only have 3 first team players in that position and if Shaw goes on loan we are looking short in that area too, but budget appears to have been spent.

04Sauzee
18-08-2019, 05:55 PM
Not sure this has been discussed and I know that the actual figures involved would never be released, but how much did Lennon leaving cost the club and how much effect has this had on the playing budget? It was said that Lennon was the highest paid manager we have had, so any pay off would likely be pretty high.

It is clear that we are short in a couple of positons, mainly centre midfield and striker, as we usually play 2 centre mid and only have 3 first team players in that position and if Shaw goes on loan we are looking short in that area too, but budget appears to have been spent.

Great
You first say the actual amount would never be discussed then ask how much him leaving cost the club??

In my opinion his time was up and we have moved on

hibIBZ
18-08-2019, 05:57 PM
Great
You first say the actual amount would never be discussed then ask how much him leaving cost the club??

In my opinion his time was up and we have moved on

I agree that his time was up and that has been proved by Celtics average performances since he went back there.

Maybe I didn't word it well, but does any body think his pay off has effected the cash available this year?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Raking over old coals - for what purpose? As you say no one will be in a position to disclose...

Hibbyradge
18-08-2019, 06:02 PM
He got nothing.

Question answered.

greenlex
18-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Assuming he got a pay off course.

18-08-2019, 06:03 PM
I agree that his time was up and that has been proved by Celtics average performances since he went back there.

Maybe I didn't word it well, but does any body think his pay off has effected the cash available this year?

No, paying Lennon off got us top 6 = more prize money and more ST sales.

ahibby
18-08-2019, 06:03 PM

Might it not have been the case that we agreed to pay his monthly salary until he took up an offer and so we stopped paying him when he went to Celtic. Or am i being nieve?

DarlingtonHibee
18-08-2019, 06:04 PM
He got nothing.

Question answered.

👍

18-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Raking over old coals - for what purpose? As you say no one will be in a position to disclose...

It feels like people are just looking for reasons to be negative. Seems like there are lots of trolls/Jambos about at the moment.

18-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Might it not have been the case that we agreed to pay his monthly salary until he took up an offer and so we stopped paying him when he went to Celtic. Or am i being nieve?

That would be the sensible way to do it. I would hope the managers' contracts would contain a clause to that effect.

Keith_M
18-08-2019, 06:09 PM

I think that's the most likely scenario, so it couldn't have cost us too much.

McD
18-08-2019, 06:20 PM
That would be the sensible way to do it. I would hope the managers' contracts would contain a clause to that effect.

Setting aside lennon specifically for a moment, I’m sure there was some chat about Levein having a clause like that in his Scotland managers contract, and that when he was sacked he purposely rejected job opportunities until his Scotland contract ran out, just to milk every penny from the sfa.

DarlingtonHibee
18-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Setting aside lennon specifically for a moment, I’m sure there was some chat about Levein having a clause like that in his Scotland managers contract, and that when he was sacked he purposely rejected job opportunities until his Scotland contract ran out, just to milk every penny from the sfa.

Pure speculation again.

Same as NL contract.

Why bother 🙄

18-08-2019, 06:24 PM

Why doesn't that surprise me?

Billy Whizz
18-08-2019, 06:28 PM

Most managers want to get working as soon again after a sacking!!
Was he not working behind the scenes with Budgie

Northernhibee
18-08-2019, 06:31 PM
In regards to the budget I do wonder if this is a hangover from the Lennon era. By all accounts on here Horgan, Whittaker, Mallan, Milligan, Kamberi aren’t or weren’t on cheap wages. Only Milligan has left us so with cheaper players like Bartley etc leaving have we had to fill several gaps in the team with a limited chunk of the overall budget left?

18-08-2019, 06:31 PM
Most managers want to get working as soon again after a sacking!!
Was he not working behind the scenes with Budgie

Could that be partly why she is so loyal to him now, if he helped her gratis while still on the SFA payroll?

jeffers
18-08-2019, 06:37 PM
He got nothing.

Question answered.

You know this for a fact ?

percy veer
18-08-2019, 06:50 PM
Heckys fault , time to pay someone else off

flash
18-08-2019, 07:06 PM
He got nothing.

Question answered.

Answered but not correctly.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2019, 08:54 PM
I heard £12m, but it could be wrong?

HoboHarry
18-08-2019, 09:07 PM

No you're partly correct, that was the first of four payments....

Malthibby
18-08-2019, 09:07 PM
£150,000, could have paid for Griffiths.

Sammy7nil
18-08-2019, 10:21 PM

Or you could be right?

I heard he got £1.70 for his bus fare i could be wrong though :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
19-08-2019, 01:10 AM
There were strong grounds for dismissing him for serious misconduct.

It looks like there was an agreement for sweeping it all under the carpet and preserving some of Lennon's reputation in return for a reduced or no pay off package. But nobody really knows.

I'm Spartacus
20-08-2019, 08:39 AM
No payout, we were also left without anybody additional in charge for 2 weeks so I'd say we saved money, then I'd say PH will be on less money than NL so saving cash again.

Total powder keg way of life with NL in charge.

jacomo
20-08-2019, 09:01 AM
You know this for a fact ?

No.

Juniper Greens
20-08-2019, 09:50 AM
I believe I’m right in saying that him getting the Celtic job saved us a six figure sum

The 90+2
20-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Would it not have shown in the accounts?

J-C
20-08-2019, 10:34 AM
I was told he had a choice of leaving by being sacked through misconduct or a mutual parting with no monies changing hands. If he had left through sacking it would've all came out why and he may have struggled to get another job for a while. Easiest thing to do was take no money and mutual separation, nothing comes out, hence the lawyers were involved.

IWasThere2016
20-08-2019, 10:39 AM
I was told he had a choice of leaving by being sacked through misconduct or a mutual parting with no monies changing hands. If he had left through sacking it would've all came out why and he may have struggled to get another job for a while. Easiest thing to do was take no money and mutual separation, nothing comes out, hence the lawyers were involved.

You do see the irony/contradiction with your very first line?

FilipinoHibs
20-08-2019, 10:40 AM

That is what I heard too.

ballengeich
20-08-2019, 10:40 AM

I don't think it would be an individual item, just as we don't see individual salaries. It would be lumped in with general staff costs.

FilipinoHibs
20-08-2019, 10:45 AM
I don't think it would be an individual item, just as we don't see individual salaries. It would be lumped in with general staff costs.

If he did get a pay off it would show as a bulge in staff costs in this year versus the previous year.

Caversham Green
20-08-2019, 10:45 AM
The joint statement issued at the time said he hadn't been dismissed and hadn't resigned. That suggests to me that he remained on the payroll until he found another job.

'Relieved of his duties' is another way of putting it. Or gardening leave.

jdships
20-08-2019, 10:48 AM
I was told by a member of staff et EM that Rogers and Lennon were in cahoots which led to Lennon approaching Celtic re the vacancy to come.
This was looked on as misconduct evidently
have not heard this from any other source therefore its unconfirmed.
make what you like of hat but seems to be correct
:flag::thumbsup:

FilipinoHibs
20-08-2019, 10:51 AM
I was told by a member of staff et EM that Rogers and Lennon were in cahoots which led to Lennon approaching Celtic re the vacancy to come.
This was looked on as misconduct evidently
have not heard this from any other source therefore its unconfirmed.
make what you like of hat but seems to be correct
:flag::thumbsup:
Yes I believe much of the miss conduct was contrived to force his exit.

flash
20-08-2019, 10:57 AM
They got paid.

oldbutdim
20-08-2019, 11:02 AM

Not specifically.

FilipinoHibs
20-08-2019, 11:04 AM
Not specifically.

Shown as a bulge if they did but they did not.

ancient hibee
20-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Shown as a bulge if they did but they did not.

That's interesting considering they're not out yet.

Not about your comment but I love these threads where most of the stories are made up and the rest are complete rubbish:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Given that he is now back behind the manager's desk at Celtc Park it is fairly obvious that he has got everything that he wanted so we should leave it at that.

superfurryhibby
20-08-2019, 06:04 PM
Just musing on the various “facts” on Hibs Net and wondering what people’s favourite’s are.

The current bunch are quite amusing with the Doidge cost £350,000 one in particular tickling me.

In an era of disinformation, fake news, promises of a pressing game and higher fitness levels than ever before, what ones do it for you guys?

erin go bragh
20-08-2019, 07:41 PM
The joint statement issued at the time said he hadn't been dismissed and hadn't resigned. That suggests to me that he remained on the payroll until he found another job.

'Relieved of his duties' is another way of putting it. Or gardening leave.

So , he received two days wages :)

Paisley Hibby
20-08-2019, 08:10 PM
Has Neil Lennon not been the Celtic manager for most of this year? So why are we still talking about him? He clearly didn't care about Hibs so why do we seem to care so much about him? Long past time to move on. Used to call us a boy band then ****ed off to manage the tribute act. He can **** right off 😂

BILLYHIBS
20-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Has Neil Lennon not been the Celtic manager for most of this year? So why are we still talking about him? He clearly didn't care about Hibs so why do we seem to care so much about him? Long past time to move on. Used to call us a boy band then ****ed off to manage the tribute act. He can **** right off 😂

This!

He has been dead to me since the day he walked out of the door

overdrive
20-08-2019, 08:21 PM
The press reported at the time that there was a short delay in Celtic appointing him due to contractual complications with Hibs. I reckon he was either still getting paid, had to forfeit some sort of payment if he got a job within a certain timeframe, or wasn’t allowed to go to a rival team within a certain timeframe.

Paisley Hibby
20-08-2019, 08:31 PM
The press reported at the time that there was a short delay in Celtic appointing him due to contractual complications with Hibs. I reckon he was either still getting paid, had to forfeit some sort of payment if he got a job within a certain timeframe, or wasn’t allowed to go to a rival team within a certain timeframe.

Like I said above, why should we care? He was only ever interested in Celtic. We were always just a stepping stone to Parkhead. We'll never get to know the whole story; but the less we had to pay him to **** off the better if you ask me. Celtic and Lennon deserve each other and it won't end well.