PDA

View Full Version : Quality Assists

bigwheel
18-08-2019, 10:44 AM
The quality of assists for our goals yesterday deserve a wee bit of recognition...

Middletons take then run and pass
Horgan’s well timed cut back
Slivka’s two long passes
And Allan’s threaded through ball, took a touch of the defender but still probably the pass of the match

Nice to see ..

Smartie
18-08-2019, 10:50 AM
There was a hilarious shout near me when Slivka put the ball over the top for Flo's goal.

Initially the pass didn't look great and it was at a time when the fans were particularly restless. Somebody behind me launched into a foul mouthed tirade about how terrible the pass was and how terrible Slivka is, just as Flo got to the ball before the keeper to take it round him and score.

The comedy timing of it all a could not have been more perfect.

bigwheel
18-08-2019, 10:52 AM
There was a hilarious shout near me when Slivka put the ball over the top for Flo's goal.

Initially the pass didn't look great and it was at a time when the fans were particularly restless. Somebody behind me launched into a foul mouthed tirade about how terrible the pass was and how terrible Slivka is, just as Flo got to the ball before the keeper to take it round him and score.

I am in the west lower..and someone did a “ffs Slivka” shout for that one too [emoji2]

H18 SFR
18-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Our attacking play was really good yesterday, re-watching the goal highlights this morning just confirmed what I had thought walking away yesterday.

Our defensive play was poor, that's what we need to focus on. I remember last year we had little spells when the defence looked dodgy and they sorted themselves out, fingers crossed that happens again.

BlackSheep
18-08-2019, 11:08 AM

You must sit near me... the old boy who made the comment was ridiculed by his mates for it as well!!

It’s the currently typical trend for our fans to jump the gun!!!

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 11:08 AM

Someone near me in the east did exactly the same. It wasn’t a bad pass but the goalie made it an opportunity that it shouldn’t have been obviously.

DTS
18-08-2019, 11:09 AM
I was sitting in the west lower yesterday with my family I’m normally upper tier of the famous five and I’ll openly admit I went “wtf is that slivka” when he played the pass for the 3rd. Personally I’m blaming the angle of my view, I swear that’s what it is was. Good laugh with the guy next to me when flo scored

bigwheel
18-08-2019, 11:13 AM
I was sitting in the west lower yesterday with my family I’m normally upper tier of the famous five and I’ll openly admit I went “wtf is that slivka” when he played the pass for the 3rd. Personally I’m blaming the angle of my view, I swear that’s what it is was. Good laugh with the guy next to me when flo scored

I heard ya! [emoji2]

greenlex
18-08-2019, 05:35 PM
I am in the west lower..and someone did a “ffs Slivka” shout for that one too [emoji2]
I’m there too. I was pissing myself.

Eyrie
18-08-2019, 06:44 PM

It wasn't a good pass, just a lob over the top for Kamberi to chase into the corner. However Rogers turned it into a good pass by racing from his goal with no prospect of getting there.

On the other hand, Slivka's chip for Doidge's goal was well executed.

wookie70
18-08-2019, 06:52 PM
The quality of assists for our goals yesterday deserve a wee bit of recognition...

Middletons take then run and pass
Horgan’s well timed cut back
Slivka’s two long passes
And Allan’s threaded through ball, took a touch of the defender but still probably the pass of the match

Nice to see ..

I agree with that but Kamberi made a very telling contribution in the Horgan and the final Slivka assist. His touch was the one that speeded the move up and changed the angle. Not taking away from the final pass but often it is the pass before which actually opens up the space. Fraser Murray passing to Allan created that assist too as he got the ball and moved it very quickly so Allan had the time and position to play the pass and the momentum of the move was maintained. One dither and it all falls to bits and we are far too prone to these dithers. We have the quality to play much quicker than we do sometimes.

bigwheel
18-08-2019, 06:58 PM
I agree with that but Kamberi made a very telling contribution in the Horgan and the final Slivka assist. His touch was the one that speeded the move up and changed the angle. Not taking away from the final pass but often it is the pass before which actually opens up the space. Fraser Murray passing to Allan created that assist too as he got the ball and moved it very quickly so Allan had the time and position to play the pass and the momentum of the move was maintained. One dither and it all falls to bits and we are far too prone to these dithers. We have the quality to play much quicker than we do sometimes.

Yes. Good additional points ...agree with last point too [emoji106][emoji106]

Iggy Pope
18-08-2019, 07:09 PM
It wasn't a good pass, just a lob over the top for Kamberi to chase into the corner. However Rogers turned it into a good pass by racing from his goal with no prospect of getting there.

On the other hand, Slivka's chip for Doidge's goal was well executed.

You need to be fair. Kamberi had started running the channel for the long lob (ooh-er missus) and he did that all day. The pass was a long way from being a punt into the corner. Not even 18yd line. It was towards Kamberi and looked a good ball to me.

Eyrie
18-08-2019, 07:23 PM
You need to be fair. Kamberi had started running the channel for the long lob (ooh-er missus) and he did that all day. The pass was a long way from being a punt into the corner. Not even 18yd line. It was towards Kamberi and looked a good ball to me.

At the moment Slivka played it, it was simply a ball for Kamberi to chase and collect, whilst hoping that the midfield would then arrive in the middle to support him. Having just checked what I saw yesterday on Hibs TV, I'll take back the remark about the corner flag as he wasn't as far out as I thought.

What changed a routine pass into an assist was their goalkeeper's rush of blood. Otherwise Kamberi has the ball at the side of their penalty box, with a narrowing angle, a keeper on the near post, two defenders closing him down and no support as there isn't another Hibs player in the box when the ball goes in.

I was fair about the pass for Doidge, but let's not make out that the first one was intended to create an immediate goal scoring opportunity.

Brightside
18-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Is was exactly the kind of pass our midfield should and have been making this season. Let’s not play it down. Our forward play has been very good this season. We are just leaking too many silly goals

California-Hibs
18-08-2019, 08:24 PM
Is was exactly the kind of pass our midfield should and have been making this season. Let’s not play it down. Our forward play has been very good this season. We are just leaking too many silly goals

Exactly this, we need to be talking the good parts of our team up and in an attacking sense Saturday was very good. Im hopeful of our defense tightening up, it's the same reliable players as last year

Smartie
18-08-2019, 09:43 PM
I thought at the time that the wind might have played a part - the pass was over hit, the keeper thought he was going to claim the ball so rushed out, the ball held up and Flo was able to nip in and score.

BILLYHIBS
18-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Allan’s through ball to Kamberi for the fourth was what I had always dreamed of happening last season only problem was Scotty wisnae here

I hope that Middleton is not the spy in the camp reporting back to Slippy G of Scottys progress?

Maybe being unfair on the boy and a touch paranoid