PDA

View Full Version : Summer Sessions - Princes Street Gardens

Cataplana
18-08-2019, 08:20 AM
Has anybody been to one of the gigs this summer?

I have tickets for Madness, reading the EEN it appears that these only allow me access to the gardens, with no guarantee that I will actually see the band on stage.

I was hoping somebody could tell me this is not true. Because, by the sound of things, I would be as well going down to Silverknowes, and playing a CD on my car stereo, at full volume.

Hibby_Paul
18-08-2019, 08:36 AM
I went to primal scream and Johnny Marr... went in after 6 and went down to stage area and went into the inner circle bit round the stage... was a first come / first served to get a wristband which meant you got back and forth in there with bars / food bits.
If you got there later you would have to find a spot somewhere around section at sides or toward back but all within princes st gardens itself.
Enjoy the gig

Cataplana
18-08-2019, 10:30 AM
I went to primal scream and Johnny Marr... went in after 6 and went down to stage area and went into the inner circle bit round the stage... was a first come / first served to get a wristband which meant you got back and forth in there with bars / food bits.
If you got there later you would have to find a spot somewhere around section at sides or toward back but all within princes st gardens itself.
Enjoy the gig

Doesn't sound as bad as I thought. Thanks.

Can I ask, is the inner circle area ticketed??

Cataplana
18-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Great gig as it transpired, Lightning Seeds surpassed them for musical ability, but the Nutty Boys know how to put on a show.

As Suggs said, being alive is a bonus at our age.

Spotted Elvis Costello in full Rude Boy gear, attempting to get into the gig incognito. Here's a tip, Declan, lose the glasses the next time.

degenerated
18-08-2019, 10:39 PM
Great gig as it transpired, Lightning Seeds surpassed them for musical ability, but the Nutty Boys know how to put on a show.

As Suggs said, being alive is a bonus at our age.

Spotted Elvis Costello in full Rude Boy gear, attempting to get into the gig incognito. Here's a tip, Declan, lose the glasses the next time.Excellent gig. 'Er indoors likes the lightning seeds, I like a couple of songs. Madness were brilliant though. Only complaint from me was the beer was rank [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Callum7
18-08-2019, 10:47 PM
Brilliant, sad that they didn’t play tomorrow’s just another day.

Smartie
19-08-2019, 07:12 AM
I love Madness live.

One of the best live bands.