PDA

View Full Version : LD under pressure

Greenworld
18-08-2019, 06:46 AM
Ron Gordon as has been said by others, has asked various leaders at the club for there goals and plans for the year ahead.
They say the shelf life of a business leader is about 5 years then things get stale or start to repeat themselves.
American businesses quite often work on what they call a five year strap a plan for that very reason people get stale.
Watching in on what's happening at Hibs just now could be said is an indication of just that.
We have turnstile entry problems
We have hot food problems
We have player recruitment problems
We have a disgruntled fan Base
We have money being diverted to infrastructure after being told we did not need to
A new manager that might be a bad appointment just like well around 5 years ago.

We seem to as a club turned full circle almost but not quite back to the butcher days when LD entered the club and with her magic wand started to change things and fans were given hope again but probably more important we were great to watch.
Alan Stubbs and his assistants put together a great team yes I know we did not get out the championship with him but circumstance was against him, and all I can remember was wanting to go to every game to be entertained and watch a style of football that was excellent.
Here we are today, now quite rightly LD has had a lot of praise for being more open and especially on communication with the fans and getting that hoodoo of the Scottish cup of our backs.
Alan Stubbs and his team in my mind were every bit just as important to Hibs as LD was yes she made the appointment and huge credit to her but the team management brought in some wonderful players and blended them into a proper team.
I'm starting to think that perhaps it's time for a change at the top that a lot of the issues we are facing should not be there after her 5 years in charge and I wonder if Ron Gordon with his fresh eyes might just be thinking the same .
Hopefully Ron will come out of hiding soon and give us some fresh hope that we will be entering a new 5 year cycle with hope and optimism that AS and LD gave us back then.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

green day
18-08-2019, 06:50 AM
Yippee!

Another thread which will end up being closed or argumentative.

Greenworld
18-08-2019, 07:01 AM
Yippee!

Another thread which will end up being closed or argumentative.I hope not lol trying to be objective looking for a way forward to happy days [emoji38][emoji38]

SquashedFrogg
18-08-2019, 07:02 AM
Ron Gordon as has been said by others, has asked various leaders at the club for there goals and plans for the year ahead.
They say the shelf life of a business leader is about 5 years then things get stale or start to repeat themselves.
American businesses quite often work on what they call a five year strap a plan for that very reason people get stale.
Watching in on what's happening at Hibs just now could be said is an indication of just that.
We have money being diverted to infrastructure after being told we did not need to
A new manager that might be a bad appointment just like well around 5 years ago.

We seem to as a club turned full circle almost but not quite back to the butcher days when LD entered the club and with her magic wand started to change things and fans were given hope again but probably more important we were great to watch.
Alan Stubbs and his assistants put together a great team yes I know we did not get out the championship with him but circumstance was against him, and all I can remember was wanting to go to every game to be entertained and watch a style of football that was excellent.
Here we are today, now quite rightly LD has had a lot of praise for being more open and especially on communication with the fans and getting that hoodoo of the Scottish cup of our backs.
Alan Stubbs and his team in my mind were every bit just as important to Hibs as LD was yes she made the appointment and huge credit to her but the team management brought in some wonderful players and blended them into a proper team.
I'm starting to think that perhaps it's time for a change at the top that a lot of the issues we are facing should not be there after her 5 years in charge and I wonder if Ron Gordon with his fresh eyes might just be thinking the same .
Hopefully Ron will come out of hiding soon and give us some fresh hope that we will be entering a new 5 year cycle with hope and optimism that AS and LD gave us back then.

All very much in your opinion of course. My opinion is that issues with hot food doesn't constitute a change in management.

SquashedFrogg
18-08-2019, 07:03 AM
I hope not lol trying to be objective looking for a way forward to happy days [emoji38][emoji38]

But we have a way forward?

Pretty Boy
18-08-2019, 07:05 AM
You'll get stick for that post but there are some interesting points raised particularly regarding the life span of a business leader.

LD had almost a blank canvas to work with when she came in and there is little doubt she made some very positive changes. Equally she is human and has made mistakes. Perhaps with hindsight she wouldn't mollycoddle the support quite as much as she did with updates and statements; it seems we have come to expect it on a regular basis and when it isn't forthcoming some fans get a bit tetchy.

I don't think it would be too speculative to suggest we are closer to the end of LDs time at Hibs than we are to the start.

JohnM1875
18-08-2019, 07:07 AM
The infrastructure thing is annoying. How much better than other teams does it need to be?

Surely focusing on the playing team is far more important. Sick of hearing about infrastructure to be honest.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2019, 07:08 AM
Who are “they” wot say that?
There is no magic wand in Scottish football - we of all clubs’ supporters surely know that.

We won’t be the first or last club to have turnstile problems I remember Celtic having initial teething problems. Would be interested to know if what we experience is exceptional or not and get on with it.

At a football club esp in Scotland moreso with us it seems atm you’re only 2-3 games away from a crisis.

Some of our best moments recently as a club have been as we’ve emerged from tough times through hard words determination and perseverance. Why should any of that change - Stubbs having no team, stumbling start, missing out on promotion, disappointment on losing cup finals and promotion - yet he kept his head down and got the team focused.

LD has had moments of getting her head down and focusing whilst supporters call for immediate reactions.

Edit: but as you and others note the infrastructure u-turn thing is a peculiar one.

Brightside
18-08-2019, 07:08 AM
What a load of nonsense

J-C
18-08-2019, 07:10 AM
Why is this and the Crowd thread under a "competition" heading?

Brightside
18-08-2019, 07:11 AM

Probably Heckys fault

J-C
18-08-2019, 07:12 AM
Probably Heckys fault

Haha not Rod's fault nowadays

Sammy7nil
18-08-2019, 07:13 AM
You'll get stick for that post but there are some interesting points raised particularly regarding the life span of a business leader.

LD had almost a blank canvas to work with when she came in and there is little doubt she made some very positive changes. Equally she is human and has made mistakes. Perhaps with hindsight she wouldn't mollycoddle the support quite as much as she did with updates and statements; it seems we have come to expect it on a regular basis and when it isn't forthcoming some fans get a bit tetchy.

I don't think it would be too speculative to suggest we are closer to the end of LDs time at Hibs than we are to the start.

I don't think it would be too speculative to say that about lots of people at ER at least three members of or defence for a start.

theonlywayisup

You make some valid points and as others have said it's all your opinion, which is what this forum is all about.

I fear that we are about to revert to the days we struggled to get 10,000 for games. Let's all hope that my fears don't become reality.

Allant1981
None of what the OP mentions is worth a change in management, these are things that prove how good people are at their jobs, the club will be aware of all the issues and I'm sure will be working to sort them. If they dont sort them as the season goes onthen it's time to have a pop.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2019, 07:14 AM

Folks trying to outdo each other on one of them stirring threads?

Waxy
18-08-2019, 07:16 AM
Point out negative stuff or point out positive stuff?
The choice was yours i guess.

Pretty Boy
18-08-2019, 07:21 AM
The competition prefix has been removed so can we all just forget about it now. If it's such a big deal pretend it was never there and your life will be far happier.

Thanks.

Brightside
18-08-2019, 07:22 AM
The competition prefix has been removed so can we all just forget about it now. If it's such a big deal pretend it was never there and your life will be far happier.

Thanks.

I’m trying that for most of the board.

Greenworld
18-08-2019, 07:28 AM
The choice was yours i guess.Hopefully pointed to a bit of both there can can be a positive out of change

Greenworld
18-08-2019, 07:33 AM
[emoji23][emoji23] you don't agree

Gmack7
18-08-2019, 07:34 AM

fix the ovens,fix the turnstiles, let the new owner bed in and give the new players a bit of time

Greenworld
18-08-2019, 07:38 AM
What a load of nonsense
There is no magic wand in Scottish football - we of all clubs’ supporters surely know that.

We won’t be the first or last club to have turnstile problems I remember Celtic having initial teething problems. Would be interested to know if what we experience is exceptional or not and get on with it.

At a football club esp in Scotland moreso with us it seems atm you’re only 2-3 games away from a crisis.

Some of our best moments recently as a club have been as we’ve emerged from tough times through hard words determination and perseverance. Why should any of that change - Stubbs having no team, stumbling start, missing out on promotion, disappointment on losing cup finals and promotion - yet he kept his head down and got the team focused.

LD has had moments of getting her head down and focusing whilst supporters call for immediate reactions.

Edit: but as you and others note the infrastructure u-turn thing is a peculiar one.They are whoever you want them to be from the world's top university's to Joe blog ...Google is your friend on strap and 5 year planning [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
It's not that exciting but it focuses the mind

Cataplana
18-08-2019, 07:43 AM
They are whoever you want them to be from the world's top university's to Joe blog ...Google is your friend on strap and 5 year planning [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
It's not that exciting but it focuses the mind

It's usual for the person making a claim to provide the evidence to back it up.

No doubt you have done your research and it can't be that big a deal for you to share it with the rest of us?

FilipinoHibs
18-08-2019, 07:48 AM

Edit: but as you and others note the infrastructure u-turn thing is a peculiar one.

Given our weather in winter and other parts of the year, indoor training centre would allow better quality training in practice. In Sweden the building of indoor tennis courts transformed the standard of their players.

Similarly building a full blown academy including cutting edge coaches is way to produce high quality players beyond what we can buy. Ajax a good example of making this work. These are medium/long term strategies goals that can transform us as a team on the pitch beyond our income. Requires patience on our part.

bingo70
18-08-2019, 07:54 AM
I think how good a job Dempster has done has been exaggerated at times and I’ve not always agreed with everything she’s said or done. I do think now would be a terrible time for her to be replaced though.

With all the uncertainty that comes from having a new owner and how little we know about him and his motives, having someone like Dempster in there keeping an eye on things Is a good source of reassurance for me.

There will come a time when it will be best for both parties to go our separate ways, I would say that’s probably not going to be for a while yet though.

Forza Fred
18-08-2019, 08:01 AM
I can see the headline now..

Dempster resigns because of crap pies!

Brightside
18-08-2019, 08:17 AM
Dempster and Hecky resign after reaching 1/4 final of league cup and only one defeat all season

Greenworld
18-08-2019, 08:21 AM
It's usual for the person making a claim to provide the evidence to back it up.

No doubt you have done your research and it can't be that big a deal for you to share it with the rest of us?Worked for a very large American businesses for many years so I am passing on what I and every employee had to do. It gives traceability to your claims you might talk a good game but can you or did you deliver , the goals you set out each year in your Aim to reach that 5 year plan .
American companies are brutal in moving people on if you are not doing what you said you would without good reason .

jeffers
18-08-2019, 08:26 AM
Dempster and Hecky resign after reaching 1/4 final of league cup and only one defeat all season

You are on pretty much every thread commenting on posts where fans are expressing concerns. Genuine question, are you happy with our signings and how we are playing ?

Cataplana
18-08-2019, 08:30 AM
Worked for a very large American businesses for many years so I am passing on what I and every employee had to do. It gives traceability to your claims you might talk a good game but can you or did you deliver , the goals you set out each year in your Aim to reach that 5 year plan .
American companies are brutal in moving people on if you are not doing what you said you would without good reason .

You appear to have made a series of claims about Hibs, and the only source you have given is "them", or "they". A few people are wondering who "they" are, but you don't appear to be able to tell us.

Why is that?

Greenworld
18-08-2019, 08:31 AM
I can see the headline now..

Dempster resigns because of crap pies!She is not allowed to resign we need to sack her ....
How difficult is to get good pies ffs we have a massive hibby running bains at stenhouse cross sorted.

Greenworld
18-08-2019, 08:35 AM
You appear to have made a series of claims about Hibs, and the only source you have given is "them", or "they". A few people are wondering who "they" are, but you don't appear to be able to tell us.

Why is that?No only you !but I've not made any claims only pointed out things all fans are saying.
You might not like it but their you go .
Be specific on what you point is ?

mcfly
18-08-2019, 08:37 AM
The choice was yours i guess.

Before you berate the initial comments tell me what is positive about the hibs team at the moment?

Our team is getting worse, we are conceding cheap goals and the football being served up is boring.

Under this manager crowds are dropping that’s a fact.

Changes are needed on the pitch and we need better players than what we have

Keith_M
18-08-2019, 08:44 AM
Americans and their five year plans?

Not for me, thanks

Speedway
18-08-2019, 08:46 AM

It’s a thought provoking post.

I’m not sure that I buy into the 5 year lifespan idea.

What I do think is that if you’re going to create an ‘Upward Spiral’ as Mowbray defined it in 2004 then you have to accept that progress brings a greater level of expectation.

This means that everything matters more and what used to be considered a bonus becomes a given.

So if the fans see uninspiring performances, cold pies, knackered scanners, no sponsorship, knackered looking Astro around the pitchsidd; none of these things are a big deal in isolation.

However, when 13,000 people have decided to invest in you on the back of a cup win, promotion, European qualification, high profile players, high profile managers and positive comms; these little things listed above begin to make the club look a bit tatty and suggest neglect rather than increased attention to detail on a match day experience.

As we know from long experience, complaints about the price of a nip in BTG go away when we’re excited about who is on the park and in the dugout.

When we’re not, you get the situation that we’re currently in.

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 08:53 AM
Folk can s****** at threads like this all they want, but there is an element of truth in it.

Whatever the reasons, people aren’t viewing the club in a positive light at the moment.

Yes we have made it through to a quarter final but we’ve also twice failed to beat lower league sides over 90 minutes and seen our worst league performance in a good few years.

There is uncertainty around what is going to happen with the new ownership and a number of niggling issues that continue to affect the match day experience for folk.

We have lost some season ticket holders and sponsorship revenue as well so I think it’s fair to say all is not rosey at the club just now.

Watching Hibs since 2015/16 has been fun. It doesn’t feel fun at the moment. I think the whole club is under pressure to recreate that for people, not just LD. A lot of her success was built on being a very visible leader but she’s very much unseen these days.

JimBHibees
18-08-2019, 08:55 AM

This really is looking like a deliberate campaign against the club.

green day
18-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Watching Hibs since 2015/16 has been fun. It doesn’t feel fun at the moment. I think the whole club is under pressure to recreate that for people, not just LD. A lot of her success was built on being a very visible leader but she’s very much unseen these days.

And yet, there was an open HSL meeting last week where she also took some questions about signings / policy etc from the floor.

iirc, the lad that did the notes on the MB said there were about 40 people bothered turning up.

I think she also has a similar meeting this week on HSL at the Hibs club.

LD is a lot of things - imo she can be overly defensive - but she is not invisible.

I am in hospitality next Saturday and if I see her I might ask her a few things - to be fair, when I have spoken to her she has never shirked a difficult subject.

But just because people dont do Dr Budge-style announcements doesnt mean they are not engaging with the fans.

Fuzzywuzzy
18-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Worked for a very large American businesses for many years so I am passing on what I and every employee had to do. It gives traceability to your claims you might talk a good game but can you or did you deliver , the goals you set out each year in your Aim to reach that 5 year plan .

Staff at Amazon in Seattle generally last two years if they can't produce the goods with colleagues actively encouraged to rat out those not performing.

bawheid
18-08-2019, 09:16 AM
This really is looking like a deliberate campaign against the club.

It’s pathetic and is across all threads. There’s almost no point trying to be a voice of reason or counter the negativity because it’s like an avalanche.

I was at the game yesterday and felt there were plenty things to be positive about. Allan, Kamberi, Murray, Middleton all played some nice football. None of it was particularly “slow” as we’re consistently being told on here. We’ve also got folk actually making stuff up about attendances too.

As far as I can see we’re in the last eight of the League Cup and won our first home game in the league. We lost heavily at Ibrox with 10 men for over an hour against the team I think will win the league. It’s happened before and it’ll happen again.

Most of the negativity on here is from posters who clearly don’t attend the games.

Greenworld
18-08-2019, 09:18 AM
This really is looking like a deliberate campaign against the club.100% not from me I want things to be good at all levels in the club in fact I want them to be the best.
They are not and have not been for a while .
You can take the issues one by one and they should not be issues how can we not give our fans great pies what's difficult about that yet every week guys are saying there crap
The footballing side of things is different but I think we can all see that there is no improvement in fact I doubt one of these signings could displace a fully fit hibs player already at the club.
That's the most concerning thing the club need to address and fast .
Our much talked about recruitment team were they responsible or was it heckys call to sign these guys. Because what we have seen so far they are not good enough.

18-08-2019, 09:25 AM

Have you thought about taking these issues to a fans' rep or Working Together instead of suggesting Leeann gets sacked?

bigwheel
18-08-2019, 09:41 AM
Have you thought about taking these issues to a fans' rep or Working Together instead of suggesting Leeann gets sacked?

Come on..whether you agree with it or not..surely a fans forum is a place to post these types of views for discussion....

Brummie_Hibs
18-08-2019, 09:42 AM
I think from the moment Ron took over there would be a spotlight on LD. He needs to assess whether he can work with her, and vice-versa.

He'll have his own people who he trusts and has worked with in the past, and it wouldn't surprise me if LD left at the end of the season - Ron has alluded to the fact that be is not going to get too involved for a while.

If LD goes go then it won't be for the reason the OP gave - those were not on Ron's watch and won't be LD's KPI's.

neil7908
18-08-2019, 09:47 AM
Fans have a right to express concerns but hot food? Come on.

Also not sure why player recruitment should be at her door.

And Gordon himself has talked about infrastructure - why would he sack LD for wanting the same thing as him?

Some half decent points amongst some pretty ridiculous ones.

MWHIBBIES
18-08-2019, 09:51 AM
I'd be pretty worried if the unknown new owner binned the much loved CEO after a few months. That's a slippery slope. She's the one I trust right now.

Jim44
18-08-2019, 09:52 AM
I mentioned last week that Tam Cowan was talking about LD being Motherwell’s biggest ever loss. In the same breath he said that one day she will be sought by an EPL club and that it might be sooner than we all think. I thought it was an odd thing to come out with. Nobody commented on my post but interesting that her name’s come up again in a similar vein.

BoomtownHibees
18-08-2019, 09:57 AM
Fans have a right to express concerns but hot food? Come on.

Also not sure why player recruitment should be at her door.

And Gordon himself has talked about infrastructure - why would he sack LD for wanting the same thing as him?

Some half decent points amongst some pretty ridiculous ones.

Why not complain about the food? It’s just part of a pretty **** “fans experience” that’s happening just now. Food is ****, ticketing is ****, turnstiles are ****. These are things folk have been moaning about for weeks/months that never seem to get resolved, hence why it’s being raised

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2019, 09:57 AM
Five year plans are old school. Plans relating to budgets and funding miss opportunities. Out of date as soon as written.
Following a plan over responding to business needs in an every changing world. Dino-saur.

Crab apple
18-08-2019, 10:01 AM
I think it's still too early to be questioning RG and I don't think LD has done much wrong. For me the jury is out on PH even this early on in the season. Last week was our heaviest league defeat for years and it was also the manner of the defeat that was of concern. And if he has had a decent budget and still ended up with an unbalanced squad then people are right to ask questions.

DarlingtonHibee
18-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Folk can s****** at threads like this all they want, but there is an element of truth in it.

Whatever the reasons, people aren’t viewing the club in a positive light at the moment.

Yes we have made it through to a quarter final but we’ve also twice failed to beat lower league sides over 90 minutes and seen our worst league performance in a good few years.

There is uncertainty around what is going to happen with the new ownership and a number of niggling issues that continue to affect the match day experience for folk.

We have lost some season ticket holders and sponsorship revenue as well so I think it’s fair to say all is not rosey at the club just now.

Watching Hibs since 2015/16 chas been fun. It doesn’t feel fun at the moment. I think the whole club is under pressure to recreate that for people, not just LD. A lot of her success was built on being a very visible leader but she’s very much unseen these days.

You have obviously forgot the debt cleared

wookie70
18-08-2019, 10:22 AM
To be fair along with the pies and the pitchside astro the gate at the back of the West was only half painted. LD was nowhere to be seen and none of the directors I saw had a paintbrush. I'm hoping Americanisation of our club doesn't happen. Lennon tried the bully boy tactics and hopefully any manager that is similar is shown the door quickly.

FilipinoHibs
18-08-2019, 10:26 AM

Why is that?

Can confirm what Greenworld is saying having spent 20 years with three US companies. Think he is talking in general terms. They operate in UK like this and are able to get round UK employment laws. They will try and manage you out - you get the message and leave. Or if you don't they scrap your position and offer you another usually unappealing role.

Cataplana as an aside are you Portuguese as you name is a Portuguese cooking vessel from the south of Portugal. I have one and cook in it frequently. My mother is Portuguese.

Johnny Clash
18-08-2019, 10:26 AM
My concern is that Ron isn’t a passionate football guy never mind a Hibs supporter. Exactly what an American Businessman will think and do is a huge unknown. If he decides to impose a USA profit obsessed business model to our club it could be disaster.

On the other hand if he is up for the challenge of transforming a proud club so that we reach our full potential then fair dos. That will require hefty investment on the playing side first and foremost. I’m sure LD and Hecky will be able to tell him to radically transform the budget so we can bring in class to at least the level of Scotty Allan. Otherwise why did he bother?

bigwheel
18-08-2019, 10:29 AM
My concern is that Ron isn’t a passionate football guy never mind a Hibs supporter. Exactly what an American Businessman will think and do is a huge unknown. If he decides to impose a USA profit obsessed business model to our club it could be disaster.

On the other hand if he is up for the challenge of transforming a proud club so that we reach our full potential then fair dos. That will require hefty investment on the playing side first and foremost. I’m sure LD and Hecky will be able to tell him to radically transform the budget so we can bring in class to at least the level of Scotty Allan. Otherwise why did he bother?

Neither was Farmer

Don’t know Gordon, he is unknown to us so can understand some nervousness..but he has a track record of businesses which create loyalty and build a real Community connection .

There was always going to be a transition to a new ownership - sounds like a good fit to me ...

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 10:30 AM
You have obviously forgot the debt cleared

I’ve not forgotten about it. But I’m not judging things based on a balance sheet. The debt being cleared and no change being made to the budget, if anything, throws up more questions for me.

The debt being cleared is great, but it’s not going to put numbers on the gate or the ball in the net.

DarlingtonHibee
18-08-2019, 10:32 AM
Can confirm what Greenworld is saying having spent 20 years with three US companies. Think he is talking in general terms. They operate in UK like this and are able to get round UK employment laws. They will try and manage you out - you get the message and leave. Or if you don't they scrap your position and offer you another usually unappealing role.

Cataplana as an aside are you Portuguese as you name is a Portuguese cooking vessel from the south of Portugal. I have one and cook in it frequently. My mother is Portuguese.
What a load of rubbish

Cataplana
18-08-2019, 10:33 AM
No only you !but I've not made any claims only pointed out things all fans are saying.

The point is how can you back up what you are saying? For example, how do you know what all the fans are saying - have you spoken to them all?

Cataplana
18-08-2019, 10:35 AM

No, I'm not Portuguese but go on holiday to the Algarve a lot.

DarlingtonHibee
18-08-2019, 10:35 AM
I’ve not forgotten about it. But I’m not judging things based on a balance sheet. The debt being cleared and no change being made to the budget, if anything, throws up more questions for me.

The debt being cleared is great, but it’s not going to put numbers on the gate or the ball in the net.
Dear oh dear, £500k saved for the next six years.

STF and Rod will have done their homework.

matty_f
18-08-2019, 10:39 AM
LD has overseen a period of significant and sustained growth at the club. It’s not all been plain sailing and it won’t be in the future either.

If people are saying these things, and they may well be, then they’re also not hearing others.

The turnstile issues have been acknowledged and are a work in progress. Not a great situation but one that will be resolved.

The catering has been acknowledged and will be resolved when it can be.

The signing policy hasn’t yet been evidenced as being flawed. We are right at the start of the season, we won’t know whether it’s good or bad until players have a chance to gel and settle into Scottish Football.

We went out the cup to QotS under Lennon, we’ve progressed to the quarter final under Heckingbottom.

In the rush to be put the boot in to all things Hibs, people are losing huge sense of objectivity. Too much haste to spot the dummy, stank the feet, and shout annoy how terrible everything is that there’s no room left to put perspective on things.

Hibs aren’t in a bad place, the opposite is true - we might be in a bad moment but I would 100% back us to get out of it.

Also, we won yesterday, not that you’d think it.

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 10:42 AM

I’m not sure what you’re getting at here?

I think it’s a positive. But if that saving isn’t being reinvested in the team then I don’t see it being as beneficial as it should be.

Speedway
18-08-2019, 10:46 AM
On the subject of attention to detail and avoiding ‘make-do ness’ in the wake of raised expectation , was Maxwell wearing the away kit yesterday because we don’t have another goalie kit?

I thought we had a white one?

DarlingtonHibee
18-08-2019, 10:48 AM

I think it’s a positive. But if that saving isn’t being reinvested in the team then I don’t see it being as beneficial as it should be.

There is a business plan in place

You do realise that we have a budget?

🙄

Cataplana
18-08-2019, 10:52 AM

Why do you say it has not been beneficial? Other than a thumping from a Rangers team that has improved since last season, what evidence is there that it has not been beneficial.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Season is starting earlier. Team needs to gel earlier. But with the window being when it is and the season starting when it does is not helping - we’re not the only team finding this.

wookie70
18-08-2019, 10:56 AM
On the subject of attention to detail and avoiding ‘make-do ness’ in the wake of raised expectation , was Maxwell wearing the away kit yesterday because we don’t have another goalie kit?

I thought we had a white one?

He probably liked the kit and wanted to wear it, maybe he doesn't like white. I was more concerned with his performance.

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 10:56 AM
There is a business plan in place

You do realise that we have a budget?

🙄

What’s the need for the sarcasm? Of course I realise we have a budget. We are also paying out 40 of 50k less a month now, but were instantly told the playing budget wouldn’t be changing. Given we are a football team first and foremost, I’d rather see some of those funds directed to the football team.

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 10:57 AM
Why do you say it has not been beneficial? Other than a thumping from a Rangers team that has improved since last season, what evidence is there that it has not been beneficial.

I don’t think the cleared debt is beneficial to the team because it was made clear at outset that the football budget wouldn’t change.

Percy Vere
18-08-2019, 10:58 AM
Probably Heckys fault

Haha
Yup everything’s his fault
Time to get real and support the club instead of this constant sniping.

DarlingtonHibee
18-08-2019, 10:59 AM
What’s the need for the sarcasm? Of course I realise we have a budget. We are also paying out 40 of 50k less a month now, but were instantly told the playing budget wouldn’t be changing. Given we are a football team first and foremost, I’d rather see some of those funds directed to the football team.

So would we all, but LD is a leader, and she looks at the overall situation.

Focus is on the academy and htc.

We need to produce a sell on players.

Still have a strong budget.

Percy Vere
18-08-2019, 11:02 AM

Yeah - 8 games, 6 wins, 1 draw ,1 humping
Maybe performances haven’t been convincing but the results are decent.
Squad still gelling and multiple injuries means we are not getting a settled first team in the pitch.
We still need a striker and defensive midfielder.

May21/05/16
18-08-2019, 11:02 AM
And yet, there was an open HSL meeting last week where she also took some questions about signings / policy etc from the floor.

iirc, the lad that did the notes on the MB said there were about 40 people bothered turning up.

I think she also has a similar meeting this week on HSL at the Hibs club.

LD is a lot of things - imo she can be overly defensive - but she is not invisible.

I am in hospitality next Saturday and if I see her I might ask her a few things - to be fair, when I have spoken to her she has never shirked a difficult subject.

But just because people dont do Dr Budge-style announcements doesnt mean they are not engaging with the fans.

Well said sir

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Percy Vere
18-08-2019, 11:03 AM
Probably Heckys fault

Haha
Yup everything’s his fault
Time to get real and support the club instead of this constant sniping.

HFC 0-7
18-08-2019, 11:05 AM
It’s pathetic and is across all threads. There’s almost no point trying to be a voice of reason or counter the negativity because it’s like an avalanche.

I was at the game yesterday and felt there were plenty things to be positive about. Allan, Kamberi, Murray, Middleton all played some nice football. None of it was particularly “slow” as we’re consistently being told on here. We’ve also got folk actually making stuff up about attendances too.

As far as I can see we’re in the last eight of the League Cup and won our first home game in the league. We lost heavily at Ibrox with 10 men for over an hour against the team I think will win the league. It’s happened before and it’ll happen again.

Most of the negativity on here is from posters who clearly don’t attend the games.

I attend games and can see that you are putting a post it ice spin on things in the same way that people can put a negative spin on things. Personally I think the concerns voiced by many are just. The performances are worrying and go against the managers statement of how he wanted to play. We have hugged and puffed against lower sides and got horsed by one of the top sides. We have been here before where we have been getting wins and scraping through but the performances very poor.

barcahibs
18-08-2019, 11:06 AM

The entry issues will be sorted with a little patience
I don't have any issues with the food
I think the new players deserve time to bed in
There are some loud disgruntled fans, there are also many fans who are.. Err.. 'gruntled'? Or who aren't rushing to judgement.
I'm happy with funds being spent on infrastructure
I think the new manager has been an improvement on the last one.

My pet hate I have to say is people saying 'We' when they mean 'I'.

There's 50,000+ hibs fans out there and 50,000+ different opinions. Personally I don't think LD should be feeling any pressure greater than the norm.

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 11:07 AM

Well aware of all that. I just happen to think that the additional monies (or some of them) would be better invested in the team. Better team means more people through the gate whereas we seem to be going in the opposite direction just now.

DarlingtonHibee
18-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Cheers for the reply, interested to know why we are going in the opposite direction?

Chefki Kuqi
18-08-2019, 11:19 AM
Dempster is good. If we need to invest outside the first team then so will every other club who hasn’t already at some point so I’m happy to do that now. Things could be better but I’m broadly happy with the team at the moment, not quite the same highs as under Stubbs and Lennon when he was sound but far happier than our Butcher/Fenlon days. Patience is needed, during that time rangers, celtic and maybe even hearts and rangers may pull away, but we being rash isn’t a good idea. Hecky has gone down in my estimations slightly but he’s a humble character and has the potential to learn from his mistakes. We’d be dim to panic at the first sign of turbelence in his reign. By the by, thus far our short campaign has seen us win the league game we were expected to win and we’re still in the league cup. Maybe we could have beat rangers or even just put in more entertaining and convincing performances across the board, but maybe we should wait until 11
league games before deciding whether or not we’re in dire straits or not.

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Cheers for the reply, interested to know why we are going in the opposite direction?

In the context of my previous post, because attendances are starting to decline. Less season tickets sold. Less through the gate than for the comparative league cup game last season. Less through the gate for the first league game of last season.

I don’t have a great deal of faith that the current team will reverse that trend with the cup final bounce now well and truly gone as well.

Cataplana
18-08-2019, 11:47 AM
I don’t think the cleared debt is beneficial to the team because it was made clear at outset that the football budget wouldn’t change.

Thanks, that's a fair point. I suppose you could take a negative spin on it, and say that had the debt not been cleared then that may have meant even less in the football budget.

Not beneficial in the sense of "better", more beneficial in the sense of "less bad."

The entry issues will be sorted with a little patience
I don't have any issues with the food
I think the new players deserve time to bed in
There are some loud disgruntled fans, there are also many fans who are.. Err.. 'gruntled'? Or who aren't rushing to judgement.
I'm happy with funds being spent on infrastructure
I think the new manager has been an improvement on the last one.

My pet hate I have to say is people saying 'We' when they mean 'I'.

There's 50,000+ hibs fans out there and 50,000+ different opinions. Personally I don't think LD should be feeling any pressure greater than the norm.

:agree:

At a stretch it can be "everyone I have spoken to apart from the ones that disagreed, and the ones that didn't answer at all."

The 90+2
18-08-2019, 11:48 AM
All Chief Executives must be under some pressure when a new owner or boss comes to the table. LD has done a superb job but nobody is bulletproof.

Fogzie
18-08-2019, 12:09 PM

I agree with this but we have no chance with guys on here coming out with statements like "Mackie shouldn'nt play for Hibs again" after Ibrox.. "Shaw is not good enough" etc. Etc.
We need to give our youngsters a bit of slack and they will learn and improve. But you can't turn them into Superstars overnight, and unfortunately, results may suffer due to mistakes and inexperience.
Too often we shift youngsters out to other clubs because after sniffing in and around the first team, fans think they are not good enough and want them punted.

FilipinoHibs
18-08-2019, 12:33 PM
What a load of rubbish

So do you have any experience of being a director in US company and can give us some concrete examples of why this rubbish. That is a politicians answer - no facts to back it up. The Amazon story is back up to what I was saying. Where is your contrary evidence?

IWasThere2016
18-08-2019, 12:37 PM

Exactly. Why would STF sell to someone with no credentials? If he did and Gordon walked or left Hibs in a financial mess, STF would feel morally obliged to step in - and that's the last thing he wants to have to do.

FilipinoHibs
18-08-2019, 12:38 PM
No, I'm not Portuguese but go on holiday to the Algarve a lot.

Nice one enjoy. Miss it here in the Philippines

JimBHibees
18-08-2019, 12:45 PM
LD has overseen a period of significant and sustained growth at the club. It’s not all been plain sailing and it won’t be in the future either.

If people are saying these things, and they may well be, then they’re also not hearing others.

The turnstile issues have been acknowledged and are a work in progress. Not a great situation but one that will be resolved.

The catering has been acknowledged and will be resolved when it can be.

The signing policy hasn’t yet been evidenced as being flawed. We are right at the start of the season, we won’t know whether it’s good or bad until players have a chance to gel and settle into Scottish Football.

We went out the cup to QotS under Lennon, we’ve progressed to the quarter final under Heckingbottom.

In the rush to be put the boot in to all things Hibs, people are losing huge sense of objectivity. Too much haste to spot the dummy, stank the feet, and shout annoy how terrible everything is that there’s no room left to put perspective on things.

Hibs aren’t in a bad place, the opposite is true - we might be in a bad moment but I would 100% back us to get out of it.

Also, we won yesterday, not that you’d think it.

Absolutely spot on.

DarlingtonHibee
18-08-2019, 12:46 PM
So do you have any experience of being a director in US company and can give us some concrete examples of why thdiais rubbish. That is a politicians answer - no facts to back it up. The Amazon story is back up to what I was saying. Where is your contrary evidence?

We are in safe hands, and yes worked with cisco and nortel amongst other people.

Think Ron will expand the media side of things.

All this twenty year old stuff, feels attention seeking

WhileTheChief..
18-08-2019, 12:47 PM

They’re that bad that you worked for 3 of them??

I know a couple of lads that have worked for Amazon in Dunfermline for years. They think it’s sound.

Wakeyhibee
18-08-2019, 01:42 PM

I am hoping that LD will stay on. There's been a lot of instability at the club with the Lennon affair, player turnover at the end of last season and now a new owner. Interesting post but I think there will little activity behind the scenes for a while until RG decides what, if anything needs changing. And by that I mean if he believes the people we have in place can take us to the next level.

I'm sure there will be changes but maybe not as drastic as the points above point towards. Is it not just a case of peoples eyes being taken off the ball due to the change of ownership? it shouldn't but I've worked for firms who've been taken over and it does happen until things become clearer.

RG asking for the peoples plans is the first step. Doesn't help or reassure us all as fans given the perceptions of the team & management's quality, but I understand this approach.

Malthibby
18-08-2019, 02:44 PM
I hope Leanne is here for years. No pressure from me, or any of my Hibby friends.
GG

SingaporeHibs
18-08-2019, 04:08 PM
When businesses change hands there will be a new fresh pressure put on all members of the board and management teams throughout the business. All pretty normal stuff. In this case Ron is the new owner and is spending some amount of time getting in about the weeds first hand while Archie Paton joined the board as a non-exec who I have no doubt will be Rons eyes and ears when he isn’t physically there. Everyone will feel renewed energy (I would hope) and that slight feeling of nerves about future unknown plans and their own roles in making those successful. The pressure will be there and it’s no bad thing.
Football is a funny business, basically not for profit organisations where everything we make gets ploughed back into future growth and hopefully success.
After that, we have this funny situation where we as fans see success through the actual Football quality and results. We also like good service, good match day experience and we might want to know how what’s being spent on East mains for example is helping develop future success for the Football side of the business.
LD has done a lot of good things but in my opinion the good will she has from the majority of fans is only there because of the relative success on the park over the last few years. Imagine the first 2 managers appointed hadn’t achieved what they did (i’m not opening a debate on the qualities of Stubbs and Lennon) and god forbid we were still trying to fight our way out the Championship or we had made it out but had spent 2 Seasons fighting for survival. I doubt the good will would be there. That wouldn’t mean the rest of the stuff done at the club was any less worthy of praise. It doesn’t mean LD wouldn’t have allocated every penny we could to try and achieve, it just means the Football manager hadn’t spent that money on the right players or coached them properly. It’s a fickle business Football and the one task LD and board needs to get right is appointing the right person to manage the team. Get that wrong and it really wouldn’t matter to 20k fans if we have the best training ground, best pies etc etc.
We also know there are so many variables for a manager to get it right. Luck plays a big part as well. Better to be lucky than good sometimes, while LD has made some great decisions in appointing managers she too has had a bit of luck with it. If PH doesn’t work out LD will find herself in the firing line. I don’t agree she should be but she will be and only for the one decision of hiring him. The headline that we have no more money to be spent on players shows us that. Does anyone believe the board aren’t spending everything they can to try and make us a success? LD isn’t picking players to buy. She isn’t picking the formation or suggesting the high press. It won’t stop people having a go LD and the board because it’s not working out. It’s truly ludicrous but a fact of Football.

A Hi-Bee
18-08-2019, 04:46 PM
Every CEO is under pressure 24hrs a day 7 days a week thats why they get paid the big bucks, stupid thread title.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2019, 04:53 PM
They’re that bad that you worked for 3 of them??

I know a couple of lads that have worked for Amazon in Dunfermline for years. They think it’s sound.

I suppose it depends where you are in the organisation.

I’ve heard of one former employee describe the approach within IT/development.
Not the forum to go into details but if true I’d fear if this is being held up as the model for future work (which if you look at the business and customer outcomes it’s difficult to argue against) at what cost the workers?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2019, 05:06 PM
LD seems the person who thrives on a challenge - and what a challenge she took on - but even being given the option once we were relegated she accepted. She’s no stranger to Uncertainty.

It’s quite easy to forget she’s continuing to cut a pathway for women in Scottish football and a successful one at that. She’s looking forward to this next exciting period and the potential it brings.

Long may she continue. She doesn’t seem likely to be rattled by comments on a message board or in the press but will stand her ground and stand up for the club.

Are folks forgetting her stance with Rangers over the Allan affair, the press/Tom English over recent (individuals) misbehaviour and of course the SC exuberance.

McD
18-08-2019, 05:51 PM

Is our football club an American company?

does it operate under American employment law?

Do we know if RG operates in the manner you’ve described?

have you worked for RG directly?

Unless any of those is a ‘yes’, then you’re speculating.

DarlingtonHibee
18-08-2019, 05:52 PM

Pure speculation, bordering on attention seeking.

bingo70
18-08-2019, 05:55 PM

I think he’s been clear since his first post he’s speculating based on the American companies he’s worked for?

Seems a massive generalisation to me but I don’t know, there must be hundreds of thousands of companies in America that don’t treat their staff like that.

That doesn’t mean he’s wrong though, I think he’s just raising the possibility that LD could be under more pressure than some of us may realise.

McD
18-08-2019, 06:17 PM
I think he’s been clear since his first post he’s speculating based on the American companies he’s worked for?

Seems a massive generalisation to me but I don’t know, there must be hundreds of thousands of companies in America that don’t treat their staff like that.

That doesn’t mean he’s wrong though, I think he’s just raising the possibility that LD could be under more pressure than some of us may realise.

possibly just how I’m reading into his posts, i felt it comes across as a bit more than speculation and more of a ‘this is what’s coming’ kind of thing. That is only my opinion though, could easily be wrong 😊

you're right though, he may not be wrong at all. There’s been a few American owners of football clubs in the uk over the last 15 years or so, with mixed results. Hopefully we’re looking back in a few years as one of the successful examples.

hibbyfraelibby
18-08-2019, 07:08 PM
The infrastructure thing is annoying. How much better than other teams does it need to be?

Surely focusing on the playing team is far more important. Sick of hearing about infrastructure to be honest.

Without the infrastructure upgrade we lise our elite academy status under Project Brave. It may not be a prolific oroductiin line at the moment but without it we will begin to look like a Falkirk after they lost out.

Iain G
18-08-2019, 07:24 PM
possibly just how I’m reading into his posts, i felt it comes across as a bit more than speculation and more of a ‘this is what’s coming’ kind of thing. That is only my opinion though, could easily be wrong 😊

you're right though, he may not be wrong at all. There’s been a few American owners of football clubs in the uk over the last 15 years or so, with mixed results. Hopefully we’re looking back in a few years as one of the successful examples.

Ron isn't an American though?!?

CentreLine
18-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Leeann Dempster stays in my book. Has done a fantastic job turning our club around from a very deep depression.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2019, 07:37 PM
What would a 5 year football plan look like ?

Take for example when LD came in - the blue print was there she just executed right?

(Events mean) Assess management team
(Events mean) put in place right team for promotion
Recruit/develop/enhance recruitment dept
Enhance sports science dept
Enhance analytic capability
Get club promoted
Build STs
Increase merchandise sales
Increase Sell on fees
Relaunch Hibernian Community links

But replanning required :

Bolster squad for promotion
- handle losses
Then - maximise benefits of cup win

Planning is the key - plans are relatively meaningless and don’t survive first contact with the enemy :)

Still Smiling
18-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Under Stubbs who I liked we had many poor games with no plan B. Also seem to recall being stuffed by Morton 3-0 at home? one Tues night. Under Lennon we were rubbish from Nov (apart from good Celtic result in Dec) until Heck took over. We have only lost one game all season. The team just need to gel. Kamberi back on form, Middleton looking good, Scott Allan brilliant creative player, Marciano top form, Jackson looks good and can pass, Porteous on the way back, Murray deserves a run....

The Modfather
18-08-2019, 10:15 PM

Take for example when LD came in - the blue print was there she just executed right?

Get club promoted
Build STs
Increase Sell on fees

- handle losses

Planning is the key - plans are relatively meaningless and don’t survive first contact with the enemy :)

I hope any 5 year plan is better than Petrie’s 5 year plan that culminated in us getting relegated and a support as disengaged from the club as it had ever been.

Dempster was a breath of fresh air and revitalised the club, but time for her to get her mojo back and get the bond between fans and club back to how strong it was a season or two ago.

Cataplana
18-08-2019, 10:23 PM
Ron isn't an American though?!?

Makes no odds, there's a bloke on here worked for an American company, and he knows how top businessmen operate. Philidelphia lawyers ken whit's gaun oan.

FilipinoHibs
18-08-2019, 10:28 PM

As I pointed out an Amerucan company operating in the UK and Scotland was able to get their way round UK employment law and employ the same techniques as used in the US with some subtle nuances. Ron has bought a football club which is run as a business and I sure he will want results on and off the the pitch.

monktonharp
18-08-2019, 10:46 PM
Makes no odds, there's a bloke on here worked for an American company, and he knows how top businessmen operate. Philidelphia lawyers ken whit's gaun oan.Hmmm, Philly can feel silly. not convinced that all our recent problems ( are we in crisis?) are coming from a 5 year shelf life with LD. I am not convinced that our current coaching staff are quite what is required for a club like ours, but I am equally not sure if Leanne Dempster is the problem. Maybe Heckingbottom came across as the right man, during the interview process and sounded like something special. he did have a decent track record after all with some good experience. Never my choice, as I do know one of the men that was in the frame and his heart was really in it. I was gutted he did not get the job but heyho. maybe next time

bigwheel
19-08-2019, 05:50 AM
As I pointed out an Amerucan company operating in the UK and Scotland was able to get their way round UK employment law and employ the same techniques as used in the US with some subtle nuances. Ron has bought a football club which is run as a business and I sure he will want results on and off the the pitch.

This implies that every “American” company has the same values, ethics and leadership style...a ridiculous notion ....

Since452
19-08-2019, 05:58 AM
I don't think shes under pressure. Apart from being horsed with 10 men by Rangers we've won almost every time we've stepped on the park. I think we'll win on Saturday too.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-08-2019, 06:13 AM
I hope any 5 year plan is better than Petrie’s 5 year plan that culminated in us getting relegated and a support as disengaged from the club as it had ever been.

Dempster was a breath of fresh air and revitalised the club, but time for her to get her mojo back and get the bond between fans and club back to how strong it was a season or two ago.

What plan could have taken into account the dramatic fall from grace that was TB - that’s where traditional plans fall down. Priorities then thrown into disarray.

That 5 year plan laid the ground work for hiring and devloping the blue print for LD to execute no? Her recruitment was secured before relegation.

Greenworld
19-08-2019, 06:41 AM
This implies that every “American” company has the same values, ethics and leadership style...a ridiculous notion ....Just the larger ones

Greenworld
19-08-2019, 06:47 AM
Makes no odds, there's a bloke on here worked for an American company, and he knows how top businessmen operate. Philidelphia lawyers ken whit's gaun oan.Well that about the only statement you've made that's right ...how's your club doing ? Not seen you down gorgie for a while

Phil MaGlass
19-08-2019, 06:53 AM
There´s some amount of fish being spouted on here recently.
Loads of folk with low post counts coming on and goading others and name calling, to mention a couple. I´m getting blisters from hitting the ignore button so often, then again, there´s probably nobody seeing this post:greengrin

Greenworld
19-08-2019, 07:03 AM

Get club promoted
Build STs
Increase Sell on fees

- handle losses

Planning is the key - plans are relatively meaningless and don’t survive first contact with the enemy :)Everyone will be doing a plan now [emoji23][emoji23]

Greenworld
19-08-2019, 07:05 AM
There´s some amount of fish being spouted on here recently.
Loads of folk with low post counts coming on and goading others and name calling, to mention a couple. I´m getting blisters from hitting the ignore button so often, then again, there´s probably nobody seeing this post:greengrinNo your in full view I need your plan by the end of the week [emoji23][emoji23]

The Modfather
19-08-2019, 07:09 AM
What plan could have taken into account the dramatic fall from grace that was TB - that’s where traditional plans fall down. Priorities then thrown into disarray.

That 5 year plan laid the ground work for hiring and devloping the blue print for LD to execute no? Her recruitment was secured before relegation.

Relegation under Butcher didn’t come out of the blue it had been coming for years. By groundwork do you mean Petrie being so utterly out of his depth at running a football club that he had to bring in someone to undo the damage he had caused?

bigwheel
19-08-2019, 08:54 AM
Relegation under Butcher didn’t come out of the blue it had been coming for years. By groundwork do you mean Petrie being so utterly out of his depth at running a football club that he had to bring in someone to undo the damage he had caused?

Not sure that is a fair balanced assessment ..after a number of years from 2004 to 2010 we had at best been 3rd but the rest had been between 4th and 6th...it is true we had then been 10th and 11th, but the season before then we finished 7th...we were looking Much more like a 7th position team than a relegation side when Butcher took over

Sort of challenges your Petrie out of depth point too ....he has already decided to change the football strategy and organisation before Butcher got us in to relegation trouble ..

The Modfather
19-08-2019, 09:11 AM
Not sure that is a fair balanced assessment ..after a number of years from 2004 to 2010 we had at best been 3rd but the rest had been between 4th and 6th...it is true we had then been 10th and 11th, but the season before then we finished 7th...we were looking Much more like a 7th position team than a relegation side when Butcher took over

Sort of challenges your Petrie out of depth point too ....he has already decided to change the football strategy and organisation before Butcher got us in to relegation trouble ..

Conscious not to drag the thread too far off course. However, Petrie of course has lots in the credit column too, infrastructure, fees we got for the golden generation (although Collins was also instrumental), CIS win etc.

In the period around the 5 year plan we were on an ever increasing downward curve. The circumstances of relegation were a surprise given the spectacular free fall, but the fact we got relegated in that period had an air of inevitability IMO. Post the Hearts final, Petrie had to come out and admit there was a toxic culture at the club that needed to change. Do you not remember how disengaged we as a support were from the club during those years? I also remember reading Marsella referencing the fact we used Wikipedia as part of our recruitment “strategy”.

Credit for, belatedly, holding his hands up and admitting he needed someone else to sort his mess. I struggle to see how he wasn’t out of his depth given what Dempster inherited.

Cataplana
19-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Well that about the only statement you've made that's right ...how's your club doing ? Not seen you down gorgie for a while

No need for that. :bye:

hibbyfraelibby
19-08-2019, 09:37 AM
No only you !but I've not made any claims only pointed out things all fans are saying.

"All fans"? Mmmm cant remember saying any of the "things" you allude to nor being asked. Perhaps you mean one or two likeminded individuals of your ken because demonstrably you are not nor are you able to speak or claim to be reflecting the opinions of "all" fans.

Gypsy King
19-08-2019, 10:10 AM
There is far to much work going into the community aspect. I understand these things are good for a club to be involved in. But if significant investment in this area is seriously effecting our playing budget, its not fair on fans who are paying £1000 a season to watch the team on the park.

Our infrastructure is already better than most of the teams in the U.K

lets get third spot for a few years on the bounce then buy a new indoor pitch.

bigwheel
19-08-2019, 10:35 AM
There is far to much work going into the community aspect. I understand these things are good for a club to be involved in. But if significant investment in this area is seriously effecting our playing budget, its not fair on fans who are paying £1000 a season to watch the team on the park.

Completely disagree...we were founded to support the community..should always be a big part of our story ..regardless , and more importantly , it is funded separately and does not compete with players budget for funds ...

scoopyboy
19-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Completely disagree...we were founded to support the community..should always be a big part of our story ..regardless , and more importantly , it is funded separately and does not compete with players budget for funds ...

Not a hit at you but I don't believe that as gospel.

If there was no community budget then surely more could be diverted to player budget.

No gripe with money going to community but not convinced that there isn't flexibility between the two funds.

Many years ago now but I remember the club claimed that Club 86 money was for youth team only but it was used for other things.

matty_f
19-08-2019, 11:11 AM

Agreed. I don't think the playing budget is impacted, at least not significantly, but the gains that can be made short, medium, and long term by engaging in good community initiatives is massive and I would say it is essential that we are involved in the community.

It's not a 'nice to have', it's a really important activity.

DarlingtonHibee
19-08-2019, 11:42 AM
Agreed. I don't think the playing budget is impacted, at least not significantly, but the gains that can be made short, medium, and long term by engaging in good community initiatives is massive and I would say it is essential that we are involved in the community.

Matty respect your view, but we surely need to maximise revenue. I think this was part of the takeover deal from STF.

Ps got two we are all Hibs tee-shirt, ten quid in the pot

Lago
19-08-2019, 11:54 AM

Yes by all means be involved in the community but I also think too much emphasis being placed on it at the moment. Hibs are not a social work out reach charity they are first & foremost a professional football club.

matty_f
19-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Matty respect your view, but we surely need to maximise revenue. I think this was part of the takeover deal from STF.

Ps got two we are all Hibs tee-shirt, ten quid in the pot

Part of maximising revenue comes from the results of the community work.

A quick google of corporate social responsibility will show the benefits of a strong community engagement strategy.

It's a great way to increase revenue.

matty_f
19-08-2019, 11:56 AM
Yes by all means be involved in the community but I also think too much emphasis being placed on it at the moment. Hibs are not a social work out read charity they are first & foremost a professional football club.

Can you tell me which activities have come at the expense of us running as a professional football club?

The community stuff helps us operate as a football club.

bigwheel
19-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Yes by all means be involved in the community but I also think too much emphasis being placed on it at the moment. Hibs are not a social work out read charity they are first & foremost a professional football club.

We disagree ...Hibs in the community is a major part of our role ..the community foundation is a separate legal entity from the football club...I don’t know what (if any) donations are given to it
From the football club ...but I bet you it is not material ...the foundation do amazing work ..all funded by fund raising and sometimes fees for their services ...

Cataplana
19-08-2019, 12:20 PM

McD
19-08-2019, 09:30 PM

And in pointing that out, you ignore that fact that HFC isn’t an American company operating in the uk, it’s a British company operating in the uk.

Wasn’t there some PR about RG’s bank being community focussed and serving a minority community? If so, that doesn’t strike me as someone who will be looking to get around employment laws and forcing people out.

Lago
19-08-2019, 10:05 PM
Can you tell me which activities have come at the expense of us running as a professional football club?

The community stuff helps us operate as a football club.

No I can't to be honest, but what I will say is, that having supported Hibs for 49 years, it's only in the last couple of years that I have become more & more aware of the emphasis being placed on Hibs being a community club. That's great but it is surely foremost a professional football club.

Gypsy King
19-08-2019, 10:45 PM
Whilst "community" is important. I think its become too much of a focus for LD.

Im not sitting in the pub after we have been pummelled 6-1 by the Huns we have all spent about £100 each turning to the boys in and gaun " its orite lads its all about the amazing community spirit we are generating its a long term plan to drum up business and we will have our nice new indoor pitch, we got auld davie a new pair of boots for walking football and wee jean got a nice afternoon tea in the club raffle"

Im just about crying into my pint wondering why Hecky is saying we are not making any more signings!

I think what she has done with Hibs in the past five years is nothing short of miraculous and I hope we are lucky enough to keep her.

but....

I do also have an issue with our budget and recruitment strategy.
If we are looking to be the best of the rest, we must spend the like the best of the rest.
There is a good core to this Hibs team but it needs some real quality acquisitions to go out and get us a cup and a good third placed finish. There is absolutely no reason we cant establish our self as the third biggest team in Scottish football.

We have the third highest attendances (hearts count St's that dont turn up) :rolleyes:
We have the third best training facilities (Uefa Gold standard)
We have the third biggest stadium (Uefa Gold Standard)

Give us the third best team and lets see where it goes.

With a weakened Aberdeen. This is the year to go for the jugular.

matty_f
19-08-2019, 10:48 PM
No I can't to be honest, but what I will say is, that having supported Hibs for 49 years, it's only in the last couple of years that I have become more & more aware of the emphasis being placed on Hibs being a community club. That's great but it is surely foremost a professional football club.

Is the community stuff stopping us being a professional football club?

Gypsy King
19-08-2019, 10:56 PM

It appears to be more of a priority to our CEO than the clubs performances on the park in recent memory is all that is being proposed.

Its being used as a bit of a smokescreen for penny pinching (in my opinion). :aok:

Gypsy King
19-08-2019, 11:02 PM

"it is funded separately and does not compete with players budget for funds"

Not sure that is quite correct.

Sacrificing one of our most valuable revenue streams that could pay a few players wages each year for a community sponsored strip vanity project.

or would you not count that ?

Gypsy King
19-08-2019, 11:14 PM

Football aint football anymore its business.

A big corporate FU to the working man - Marathon bet, Carlsberg, Wonga,Visa,Mcdonalds a cacophony of corporatism rammed into your eyes and ears.

Getting rid of the corporate sponsor a gambling company that created a revenue stream for us a relatively small club with limited income to purchase and pay for players, whilst noble. Is bad business and thereby effects us being a "successful" football club.

Mibbes Aye
19-08-2019, 11:33 PM

As per your previous posts, the community stuff only strengthens the footballing side, albeit some of those benefits will take years to realise. But they will come and we will benefit.

More importantly, it is the right thing to do. Simple as that.

None of us were around when our club was formed and we can’t appreciate just how important it was for men, young men, in the Cowgate, with nothing better on offer.

We set up as a club with an eye to making our communities better, not just playing football. It is laudable and we should never lose sight of that.

FilipinoHibs
19-08-2019, 11:44 PM

Im not sitting in the pub after we have been pummelled 6-1 by the Huns we have all spent about £100 each turning to the boys in and gaun " its orite lads its all about the amazing community spirit we are generating its a long term plan to drum up business and we will have our nice new indoor pitch, we got auld davie a new pair of boots for walking football and wee jean got a nice afternoon tea in the club raffle"

Im just about crying into my pint wondering why Hecky is saying we are not making any more signings!

I think what she has done with Hibs in the past five years is nothing short of miraculous and I hope we are lucky enough to keep her.

but....

If we are looking to be the best of the rest, we must spend the like the best of the rest.
There is a good core to this Hibs team but it needs some real quality acquisitions to go out and get us a cup and a good third placed finish. There is absolutely no reason we cant establish our self as the third biggest team in Scottish football.

We have the third highest attendances (hearts count St's that dont turn up) :rolleyes:

We count seasons that don't turn up as well.

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2019, 05:23 AM

but....

5th biggest income.
5th biggest playing budget.

JimBHibees
20-08-2019, 05:44 AM
As per your previous posts, the community stuff only strengthens the footballing side, albeit some of those benefits will take years to realise. But they will come and we will benefit.

More importantly, it is the right thing to do. Simple as that.

None of us were around when our club was formed and we can’t appreciate just how important it was for men, young men, in the Cowgate, with nothing better on offer.

We set up as a club with an eye to making our communities better, not just playing football. It is laudable and we should never lose sight of that.

The community aspect to me is hugely important imo as it links us with the community and is exactly what the club should be about. Hugely proud that we take such an active role in this. It is exactly what all clubs should be doing.

Greenworld
20-08-2019, 05:53 AM
5th biggest income.
5th biggest playing budget.That 5 number again. Lol seriously though
That is a great point .
It annoys me why we can't generate better income streams from the stadiam/ training land.
There was big plans for the famous 5 that never materialised for what ever reason.
maybe LD was held back by RP and STF to be fair to her.

Greenworld
20-08-2019, 06:02 AM
The community aspect to me is hugely important imo as it links us with the community and is exactly what the club should be about. Hugely proud that we take such an active role in this. It is exactly what all clubs should be doing.I think it's one of the things that pulled the club together it's a great initiative and seems to involve many people working towards it being even better.
I don't think it's any surprise that when Hibs were doing well all the excitement in the community there was a strong will for more to happen.

bigwheel
20-08-2019, 06:15 AM

Sacrificing one of our most valuable revenue streams that could pay a few players wages each year for a community sponsored strip vanity project.

I have mixed feelings about that ...it feels like they failed to get a sponsor at the right level, so they offered it to the community foundation..

My understanding (although could be wrong) is that they are expected marathon bet to take up another year and they changed their mind late in the day ...

That loss of income 150k plus a year is a commercial blow..but that is more about the commercial team in the football club, and is really nothing to do with the foundation - other than they benefitted ...

bigwheel
20-08-2019, 06:22 AM
The community stuff that the club support is so important ...helping kids develop, mental health programmes, alcohol awareness, para football etc ...these are things we should be so proud of..

Without these, we are not the club that we set out to be ..I don’t know how much money (if any) the club give the foundation..I am absolutely sure that it is not a factor in our first teams results ..and those who don’t want us to create a support to the community around us - don’t share the same dreams as those who founded our club. it’s why our great club were created in the first place . I’d say our club has a duty to always be there for our community.

Brightside
20-08-2019, 06:26 AM

What makes you think we invest significantly in the community aspect? All the youth teams pay subs and pay for their own kit so if anything they are making money from that side of the community club.

The indoor pitch isn't for the community aspect of the club. Its for the club and like the rest of HTC it may be available for use by some of the other youth teams. BTW The vast majority of infrastructure at HTC is not allowed to be used by the community teams.

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2019, 06:41 AM
That 5 number again. Lol seriously though
That is a great point .
It annoys me why we can't generate better income streams from the stadiam/ training land.
There was big plans for the famous 5 that never materialised for what ever reason.
maybe LD was held back by RP and STF to be fair to her.

I think it's been well documented that Aberdeen generate significant income from outside investment and relative success recently. Hearts also via mythical donations and fans.

I'm sure we are always actively looking for adfitional investment. Perhaps this may have been restricted under previous ownership? Who knows.

The fact is though, that we have to punch above our weight financially if peoples expectations are 3rd.

My feeling is that we WILL see us match these clubs financially under Ron. I suspect though it'll be a gradual, steady shift and not a 'big bang' as many seem to have expected.

Patience and trust is required by all.

GreenCastle
20-08-2019, 06:42 AM
What makes you think we invest significantly in the community aspect? All the youth teams pay subs and pay for their own kit so if anything they are making money from that side of the community club.

The indoor pitch isn't for the community aspect of the club. Its for the club and like the rest of HTC it may be available for use by some of the other youth teams. BTW The vast majority of infrastructure at HTC is not allowed to be used by the community teams.

The community have full time staff - at least 5 I think - where are those salaries coming from ?

The office space is huge but the outcomes are no where near Spartans community programmes for example.

Having looked at the girls recent youth squad selections I see limited Hibs girls academy players selected also. Any reason?

Has the Girls Academy gone backwards? The manager still often has her main focus on playing like being away at World Cup so has the focus been lost ?

Greenworld
20-08-2019, 06:53 AM
I think it's been well documented that Aberdeen generate significant income from outside investment and relative success recently. Hearts also via mythical donations and fans.

I'm sure we are always actively looking for adfitional investment. Perhaps this may have been restricted under previous ownership? Who knows.

The fact is though, that we have to punch above our weight financially if peoples expectations are 3rd.

My feeling is that we WILL see us match these clubs financially under Ron. I suspect though it'll be a gradual, steady shift and not a 'big bang' as many seem to have expected.

Patience and trust is required by all.Patience and trust... that's two things that football fans rarely have

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2019, 07:03 AM
Patience and trust... that's two things that football fans rarely have

Sadly I agree.

Brightside
20-08-2019, 07:04 AM
The community have full time staff - at least 5 I think - where are those salaries coming from ?

The office space is huge but the outcomes are no where near Spartans community programmes for example.

Having looked at the girls recent youth squad selections I see limited Hibs girls academy players selected also. Any reason?

Has the Girls Academy gone backwards? The manager still often has her main focus on playing like being away at World Cup so has the focus been lost ?

I agree on the last 2 points. The Girls Academy has lost its way in the last year or 2 for sure. Our 19s team folded over night with a load of players lost from the club. It currently doesn't have a leader banging the drum for the squads. As an example i think there was 5 or 6 Rangers girls in the recent 15s SFA training squad. Our own 15s team battered them at the weekend, yet none of them are in that SFA squad. Thats as much a failure of the SFA and the fact that they dont even watch any of the Performance League games in the South East regions. BUT the Girls Academy manager should be ensuring that the girls are promoted to SFA squads. (Especially as she also works for the SFA!) It needs to be fixed asap before they lose any more players.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-08-2019, 07:27 AM
Patience and trust is required by all.

Perhaps there might be a 10 year plan this time eh?

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2019, 07:36 AM
Perhaps there might be a 10 year plan this time eh?

Perhaps. Maybe not a bad idea.

04Sauzee
20-08-2019, 07:44 AM
I was watching the American football league on the TV on Sunday morning and the guy who was doing the commentary would suddenly just stop and read out an add, this happened every 15 minutes or so. Coming to Hibs TV soon.

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2019, 07:49 AM
I was watching the American football league on the TV on Sunday morning and the guy who was doing the commentary would suddenly just stop and read out an add, this happened every 15 minutes or so. Coming to Hibs TV soon.

When is it coming?

04Sauzee
20-08-2019, 07:50 AM
When is it coming?

It was very tongue in cheek

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2019, 08:03 AM
It was very tongue in cheek

Ah... that'll teach me 😀

Caversham Green
20-08-2019, 12:34 PM

The Foundation accounts are available on their website (under 'Annual Reports') and give a very detailed breakdown of their income. Their interaction with football club is also detailed in the Related Party Transaction note and this is mirrored in the club's accounts. The 2019 accounts aren't available for either organisation yet but for 2018 transactions were: Payments to the Foundation (described as services provided in the Foundation accounts) £14,114; costs charged to the Foundation £1,152.

In summary the Foundation cost the club 13 grand.

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2019, 12:44 PM
The Foundation accounts are available on their website (under 'Annual Reports') and give a very detailed breakdown of their income. Their interaction with football club is also detailed in the Related Party Transaction note and this is mirrored in the club's accounts. The 2019 accounts aren't available for either organisation yet but for 2018 transactions were: Payments to the Foundation (described as services provided in the Foundation accounts) £14,114; costs charged to the Foundation £1,152.

So the square root of hee haw.

Caversham Green
20-08-2019, 12:53 PM
So the square root of hee haw.

:agree: Pretty much.

Keith_M
20-08-2019, 12:58 PM

Im just about crying into my pint wondering why Hecky is saying we are not making any more signings.

I think both aspects can function in parallel. The amount of money Hibs actually spend on Community projects is miniscule compared to our overall budget.

I can't imagine many people went home cursing getting beat and thought it was because we'd spent a few grand on community projects.

I totally agree we need more quality players in the team. We seem to be missing a bit of grit and will to win.

We now have an extra 500k per year in our budget for the next six(?) years that should help provide money for these lofty goals.

So do we :greengrin

Callum_62
20-08-2019, 01:58 PM

Advertising has already crept into Hibs TV - advertising Hibs products but advertising none the less

GreenCastle
20-08-2019, 01:59 PM

What were staff costs?

They aren’t all SFA funded posts ?

GreenCastle
20-08-2019, 02:01 PM
I agree on the last 2 points. The Girls Academy has lost its way in the last year or 2 for sure. Our 19s team folded over night with a load of players lost from the club. It currently doesn't have a leader banging the drum for the squads. As an example i think there was 5 or 6 Rangers girls in the recent 15s SFA training squad. Our own 15s team battered them at the weekend, yet none of them are in that SFA squad. Thats as much a failure of the SFA and the fact that they dont even watch any of the Performance League games in the South East regions. BUT the Girls Academy manager should be ensuring that the girls are promoted to SFA squads. (Especially as she also works for the SFA!) It needs to be fixed asap before they lose any more players.

Glad someone else has noticed this.

Hibs have to be careful Hearts girls / women don’t over take them as they are improving their academy next season.

My worry is that nothing will change anytime soon - but more should be done as seems clubs like Celtic are miles ahead with the girls academy.

Caversham Green
20-08-2019, 02:17 PM
What were staff costs?

They aren’t all SFA funded posts ?

Staff costs were £123,416 on charitable activities and £59,286 on 'other' - presumably administration. They were funded out of the Foundation's total income of £402,669, of which Hibs contributed £14,114.

Here's a link to the accounts - https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/Handlers/Download.ashx?IDMF=65437040-4d69-4b42-9a9a-39064f68f1de

Greenworld
26-08-2019, 07:21 AM
If the rumours are true looks like LD is going.

bingo70
26-08-2019, 07:27 AM

Are these rumours from any sort of credible source though?

I had a look on twitter and it just seemed to be from fans saying it and not any sort of decent credible accounts.

Greenworld
26-08-2019, 10:38 AM
Are these rumours from any sort of credible source though?

I had a look on twitter and it just seemed to be from fans saying it and not any sort of decent credible accounts.No idea mate I've seen nothing either but wouldn't surprise me .

w pilton hibby
26-08-2019, 06:06 PM

If the rumours are not true looks like LD is staying.

Greenworld
26-08-2019, 07:31 PM
If the rumours are not true looks like LD is staying.We will soon see pal I'm going for leaving but I've been wrong before [emoji23][emoji23]

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2019, 07:41 PM
She damn well should be under pressure.

Ticketing, turnstiles debacle, commercial department to name a few.

If she is a football fan as she has stated, she must be worried about the product on offer currently

bingo70
26-08-2019, 07:45 PM

If she is a football fan as she has stated, she must be worried about the product on offer currently

The turnstiles thing is annoying me probably far more than it should. There was nothing wrong with the turnstiles last year but we seem to have created a problem, at a cost no doubt for no obvious benefit.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2019, 07:47 PM
The turnstiles thing is annoying me probably far more than it should. There was nothing wrong with the turnstiles last year but we seem to have created a problem, at a cost no doubt for no obvious benefit.

Correct Bingo, with next game the derby, it needs sorted ASAP. To have had 6 home games thus far, and not operating properly is a disgrace

B.H.F.C
26-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Correct Bingo, with next game the derby, it needs sorted ASAP. To have had 6 home games thus far, and not operating properly is a disgrace

When they put out the statement at about half one on Saturday, telling everybody to turn up at quarter to two, they named every partner or supplier going.

I wish they’d just take some responsibility and manage their bloody partners. It clearly just doesn’t work and it isn’t magically going to start working. They need to rip it out and get their money back.

FilipinoHibs
27-08-2019, 05:24 AM
When is it coming?

It is all ready happening on Hibs TV for live international subscribers with ads for the strips, seasons and match tickets being read out.

Coco Bryce
27-08-2019, 06:39 AM

The turnstile debacle was slightly better on Saturday as they had people with hand held scanners on the main exit doors. You are right though this should not be needed in the first place.

Who was responsible for moving the singing section over to the Famous Five stand? That has been an absolute disaster.

JimBHibees
27-08-2019, 09:12 AM
The turnstile debacle was slightly better on Saturday as they had people with hand held scanners on the main exit doors. You are right though this should not be needed in the first place.

Who was responsible for moving the singing section over to the Famous Five stand? That has been an absolute disaster.

Agree about the signing section that has killed the atmosphere dead. Need to be moved to the east again if possible.

J-C
27-08-2019, 09:28 AM
Agree about the signing section that has killed the atmosphere dead. Need to be moved to the east again if possible.

Did they not ask to be relocated there?

JimBHibees
27-08-2019, 09:36 AM
Did they not ask to be relocated there?

No idea don't think it has improved the atmosphere. We need louder singing to drown out the boos. :greengrin

J-C
27-08-2019, 10:09 AM
No idea don't think it has improved the atmosphere. We need louder singing to drown out the boos. :greengrin

No point in putting them in the East then as that's where most of the boos came from. :greengrin

JimBHibees
27-08-2019, 10:16 AM
No point in putting them in the East then as that's where most of the boos came from. :greengrin

:greengrin

Greenworld
28-08-2019, 09:23 AM
It's a sobering thought looking at what's unravelling in England . Bury gone, Bolton close to being gone.
In fact according to the Telegraph all but 12 0f the 72 EFL clubs are in dire straights financially
Macclesfield, Coventry are amongst a few others in real trouble.
Bury could just be the first domino to fall in a long line of clubs in a perilous financial state
Scotlands teams have been there and are in a relatively healthy state in comparison having taken our medicine and reshaped our finances and binning the ridiculous dream of tying to compete financially with the big two.
When your reading these things perhaps Football is in for a unprecedented change forced upon it by a financial collapse in the EFL.
I think a lot of people myself included have watched thinking it cannot go on like this something must happen and unfortunately for the poor fans of these teams it looks like it's hitting home.

Hibernian at least in financial terms are rock solid for that we should be thankful .

jacomo
28-08-2019, 11:13 AM
It's a sobering thought looking at what's unravelling in England . Bury gone, Bolton close to being gone.
In fact according to the Telegraph all but 12 0f the 72 EFL clubs are in dire straights financially
Bury could just be the first domino to fall in a long line of clubs in a perilous financial state
Scotlands teams have been there and are in a relatively healthy state in comparison having taken our medicine and reshaped our finances and binning the ridiculous dream of tying to compete financially with the big two.
When your reading these things perhaps Football is in for a unprecedented change forced upon it by a financial collapse in the EFL.
I think a lot of people myself included have watched thinking it cannot go on like this something must happen and unfortunately for the poor fans of these teams it looks like it's hitting home.

Hibernian at least in financial terms are rock solid for that we should be thankful .

English football has been in a dangerous bubble for a decade or more. Surely a reckoning is coming?

Greenworld
01-09-2019, 08:16 AM
Well I think nothing has got better since I first posted this and after yesterday's result it looks a whole lot worse than I ever imagined.
When LD finally did a little interview was it positive and convincing, not for me.
Fans are up in arms that happens but the amount of fans that are loosing the feel good factor the Scottish cup win gave us are the ones we cannot afford to loose and we will if no action is taken.
LD you made another out the box choice but this one has backfired no amount of time is going to make him better.
Face up to it do the the correct thing and get rid now !
Ron Gordon how about you speaking and saying what you think or even your representative ,are you happy about how things are going if you are I would love to hear from you?
This is a shambles top to bottom and I hate to say it but it looks like Rod petrie leaving the building has had a bigger effect than any could have anticepated.

Greenworld
02-09-2019, 06:32 AM
I wonder if things might be happening LD pulled out of an event on Saturday night to apparently attend a meeting .
Now that meeting could be about anything but now is a good time to get rid of PH .
If not it might just have been an emergency meeting about the pies

bingo70
02-09-2019, 06:33 AM
I wonder if things might be happening LD pulled out of an event on Saturday night to apparently attend a meeting .
Now that meeting could be about anything but now is a good time to get rid of PH .

What event did she pull out of?

Coco Bryce
02-09-2019, 06:41 AM

If PH is still in charge by the end of the day I will be very disappointed.

There's no way back for him now. Him and us need to be put out of our misery.

JimBHibees
02-09-2019, 06:44 AM
If PH is still in charge by the end of the day I will be very disappointed.

There's no way back for him now. Him and us need to be put out of our misery.

Would be my view too usually one for giving managers time however his position is totally untenable imo. It is an international break we are then going into a run against much harder teams than we have played rangers aside. Would give a little time to get someone else in. Time to cut our losses.

we are hibs
02-09-2019, 06:49 AM
If he was being sacked it wouldve happened over the weekend. Dont think itll happen this week, unfortunately.

Greenworld
02-09-2019, 06:55 AM
What event did she pull out of?Big birthday bash at Prestonfield house

Greenworld
02-09-2019, 06:56 AM
Would be my view too usually one for giving managers time however his position is totally untenable imo. It is an international break we are then going into a run against much harder teams than we have played rangers aside. Would give a little time to get someone else in. Time to cut our losses.The view of most of my friends also

Greenworld
03-09-2019, 06:35 AM
Well that's the transfer window closed I know we can still sign players who are out of contract.
If LD was under pressure before judging by all fan sites comments she is certainly under huge pressure now to get her manager performing.
I think everyone should let her know personally what they think .
Ask where Ron is , can he actually speak or was it a clever lip sink voice over at his unveiling .
I don't know if this break is a blessing or disaster for the players.
Just in case anyone fancies a direct email [emoji16][emoji16]

LDempster@hibernianfc.co.uk ...

ancient hibee
03-09-2019, 01:43 PM
Think Ron was at the Motherwell game so perhaps he had a meeting with Leeann after that.

Captain Trips
03-09-2019, 01:45 PM
What event did she pull out of?

She and a few of the players have went to Petrie's house.

Ozyhibby
03-09-2019, 03:11 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/pages/vacancies

Clearly the new board recognise where the club has been failing. It’s been obvious to supporters for a while so hardly surprising they have moved on this first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
03-09-2019, 03:23 PM

Clearly the new board recognise where the club has been failing. It’s been obvious to supporters for a while so hardly surprising they have moved on this first.

I think they are spaces that have come up due to the previous incumbents leaving rather than the new board members recognising the need for improvement.

SquashedFrogg
03-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Well that's the transfer window closed I know we can still sign players who are out of contract.
If LD was under pressure before judging by all fan sites comments she is certainly under huge pressure now to get her manager performing.
Ask where Ron is , can he actually speak or was it a clever lip sink voice over at his unveiling .

Any reason you have the Celtic manager as your avatar? Appreciate he was once our manager but seems odd.

Since452
03-09-2019, 03:27 PM

Positive steps already. We're definitely failing in that department

SMAXXA
03-09-2019, 03:30 PM

Deary me, what do you actually think this would achieve? I’d hope she was getting paid for doing more constructive activities than sit and read/reply to folk bumping their gums. I’m sure they will be aware of some fans displeasure they do keep an eye on sites like this.

My_Wife_Camille
03-09-2019, 03:31 PM
I think they are spaces that have come up due to the previous incumbents leaving rather than the new board members recognising the need for improvement.
Not all of them.

green day
03-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Not all of them.

Agreed, not sure we previously had a role of "Head of Commercial Partnerships" - looks like a big job and it reports direct to the CEO.

The Commercial Sales and Partnerships manager role sounds like it has some of the responsibilities that Laura Montgomery was doing................

Greenworld
03-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Deary me, what do you actually think this would achieve? I’d hope she was getting paid for doing more constructive activities than sit and read/reply to folk bumping their gums. I’m sure they will be aware of some fans displeasure they do keep an eye on sites like this.I think it would drive home what people are thinking but it looks like things are happening with these job vacancies which I will apply for

SMAXXA
03-09-2019, 06:10 PM
I think it would drive home what people are thinking but it looks like things are happening with these job vacancies which I will apply for

Good stuff good luck with that 👍

Greenworld
05-09-2019, 08:36 AM
Good to see recruitment team linked with other jobs . Looks like questions having been asked have started that uncomfortable feeling after being in a comfort zone .
This is running as expected some will leave before being pushed if they don't like the look of what will now be asked of them.
Fresh heads of key positions will bring a new enthusiasm and new ideas with them.
I have a feeling Eddie May might be next we need someone in their with a lot more charisma than he offers in fact I wonder if that might be a great role for Alan Stubbs given all his previous experience at Everton?

Greenworld
16-09-2019, 08:22 AM
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Ron Gordon I'm fairly sure this is not the Hibs that he thought he was buying.
It's almost like he could go to the trading standards and demand his money back.
LD needs to act fast to halt the team decline if she still has the heart for it?
Our next 4 games are:
Hearts
Kilmarnock ( cup)
Celtic
Aberdeen
Jesus that fills me with dread apart hearts where anything could happen I don't see us getting anything from the rest as things stand.
That is why now is the right time to act and get rid of heckingbottom. Our run of games after these fixtures are winnable with a new manager and and the boost you usually get from such an appointment.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2019, 06:18 AM
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Ron Gordon I'm fairly sure this is not the Hibs that he thought he was buying.
It's almost like he could go to the trading standards and demand his money back.
LD needs to act fast to halt the team decline if she still has the heart for it?
Our next 4 games are:
Hearts
Kilmarnock ( cup)
Celtic
Aberdeen
Jesus that fills me with dread apart hearts where anything could happen I don't see us getting anything from the rest as things stand.
That is why now is the right time to act and get rid of heckingbottom. Our run of games after these fixtures are winnable with a new manager and and the boost you usually get from such an appointment.

Hibstory show me this tends not to be the case when we bring in new managers they usually have a stuttering start. Although Lenny quickly got into his stride, it was actually Heckingbottom that had the most statistically superior record start that stretches back to the 70s at least iirc.

Injuries happen (and did!) and form can vary. Past performance is not necessarily as indicator of future performance.

Greenworld
23-09-2019, 06:37 AM
1 month on since I posted this and nothing has changed . Which means that in fact things are worse.
Still silence from LD and RG .
LD is losing her midas touch and her reputation at a rate of knots.
More money down the drain as the inevitable has to happen heckingbottom sacked.
So who do we bring in there are plenty out of work and a few in work who we could tempt but who would be right.
Ian mccoll is doing a great job at Ayr and think he might be a good fit at Hibs.
However who ever it is needs to be great motovatiour to lift the spirits and get the team at least lookin like a football side again .

Greenworld
28-09-2019, 05:01 AM
Well well club statement on George Craig leaving and he mentions after 5 years . Clearly could not put together a further 5 year plan on paper that Ron liked or jumped before pushed.
Either way it's good as it let's the club get fresh ideas.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-09-2019, 06:28 AM

Been thinking along these lines since reading of the 100 percenters (iirc) clubs like Everton (must be about 5-8 years ago - clubs that spend beyond their means because they pretty much all did/do - could not afford relegation and so needed to keep on hoping they don’t go down.
complete failure on the FA who should be ensuring the sustainability of the game - protecting clubs from themselves.
And who will be there to shape the shape of the new era should they happen?
Sky.
Uglies in England? British Cup replacing the tired league cup format?
Mys who pays the money plays the tune for others to dance.

JimBHibees
28-09-2019, 06:44 AM
Well well club statement on George Craig leaving and he mentions after 5 years . Clearly could not put together a further 5 year plan on paper that Ron liked or jumped before pushed.
Either way it's good as it let's the club get fresh ideas.

Or he wants to retire.

Greenworld
28-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Or he wants to retire.That performance today was on the back of the news he was going [emoji23][emoji23]

Greenworld
20-10-2019, 07:34 AM
1 month on since I posted this and nothing has changed . Which means that in fact things are worse.
Still silence from LD and RG .
LD is losing her midas touch and her reputation at a rate of knots.
More money down the drain as the inevitable has to happen heckingbottom sacked.
So who do we bring in there are plenty out of work and a few in work who we could tempt but who would be right.
Ian mccoll is doing a great job at Ayr and think he might be a good fit at Hibs.
However who ever it is needs to be great motovatiour to lift the spirits and get the team at least lookin like a football side again .

Sent from my SM-G903F using TapatalkAnother month gone might as well just post the same again

Greenworld
27-02-2020, 09:21 AM
Quite funny reading back on this old thread .
Good to see Ron producing his 5 year plan ! He he

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Green_one
27-02-2020, 11:16 AM
Another month gone might as well just post the same again

You now appear to be having a conversation with yourself AND repeating what you say. :confused:

RyeSloan
27-02-2020, 05:04 PM
You now appear to be having a conversation with yourself AND repeating what you say. :confused:

C’mon let’s be fair the Ian McColl suggestion was surely worth repeating at least once! [emoji23]