PDA

View Full Version : Crowd today

kaimendhibs
17-08-2019, 11:35 PM
Less than 7000 for one of two cups we could realistically win.
Then folk moaning about signings[emoji34]
3pm on a Saturday

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Halmyre Hibee
18-08-2019, 05:48 AM
I just don’t get it either. Fans sing “we’ll support you ever more” so where are they all. I know some will have other commitments but as you say 3pm Saturday. If we want to compete then we need to increase income streams. The easiest way to do that is to turn up regularly. I know we’re not firing on all cylinders at the moment but Hibs need your support.

green day
18-08-2019, 06:45 AM
Celtic attendance yesterday quoted as 20000, if that's true it's less than 50% of their st holders.

Nobody gets excited about the LC until the QFs, imo.

Pretty Boy
18-08-2019, 06:47 AM
The LC just doesn't excite people until the latter stages. Sad but true. The comparable fixture last year only had just over 7K so it's not even a reflection on the current team. A sunny day at the Festival was clearly a bigger attraction for some.

I was there, I know plenty who weren't. Each to their own.

J-C
18-08-2019, 07:10 AM
Where's the "competition"?

Halmyre Hibee
18-08-2019, 07:12 AM
Of course each to their own and who cares about Celtic attendances I only care about Hibs. There’s lot of folk moaning about budgets etc and a simple way to increase the budget is to turn up for home games irrespective of who we play. Granted I’ve seen better players / squads in my 50 plus years of following Hibs but I can assure you I’ve also seen worse.

Onion
18-08-2019, 07:30 AM
Agree, few get excited about the LC until later, but that crowd size is revealing for LD and Hibs. Under Lennon we'd get close to twice that for same game. If things continue as they are under Hecky, expect to see more signs of decline at ER.

green day
18-08-2019, 07:37 AM
Agree, few get excited about the LC until later, but that crowd size is revealing for LD and Hibs. Under Lennon we'd get close to twice that for same game. If things continue as they are under Hecky, expect to see more signs of decline at ER.

Not true - even against Livi in the QF in 2017/18 we only got 8500, earlier in that campaign we had at least one crowd of about 4300.

Since the new format has arrived no club has had decent LC attendances.

greenginger
18-08-2019, 07:42 AM
Not true - even against Livi in the QF in 2017/18 we only got 8500, earlier in that campaign we had at least one crowd of about 4300.

Yep, and last season we were at home to Ross County in same round, attendance was 8452. Even the quarter final against Aberdeen only drew just over 11,000.

Sioux
18-08-2019, 07:48 AM
Too many season ticket holders won't pay the entrance fee. There seems to be an entitlement feeling around that if you buy a season ticket, which entitles the holder to watch league matches, that ST holders should get to watch any other match free of charge, or at worst at a substantial reduction in the walk up prices.

The same people will then provide a myriad of excuses as to why they won't turn up.

The sense of false entitlement is not exclusive to ER. Then we get the most used word in football - should. The club should do this, and should do that, and should do the next thing. The team should be hammering any other team with less resources, and often with the add-on that "I pay enough for my ST, so why should I pay any more?"

'Should' is the suffixed with "of". :faf:

PS I'm a ST holder, and wasn't there yesterday.

angus hibby
18-08-2019, 07:59 AM

So we had 12,000 against Ross County at same stage last season did we?? Crowd of just over 7,000 for that game but why not just make things up to have another pop at Hecky?

BTW, we needed an injury time goal to beat Ross County in that game last season under Lennon. The same Lennon needed extra time to beat Dunfermline yesterday. The same Lennon has us a mess last season in 8th position and thanks to Hecky, we made top 6.

One defeat in 7 games this season, in last 8 of league cup and you say “if things continue as they are under Hecky, expect to see more signs of a decline....”???

angus hibby
18-08-2019, 08:03 AM

And how did Lennon fare against Morton in the Championship....?

jeffers
18-08-2019, 08:08 AM
I'm glad there wasn't a big crowd yesterday given the ongoing shambles at the turnstiles

Brightside
18-08-2019, 08:13 AM
So we had 12,000 against Ross County at same stage last season did we?? Crowd of just over 7,000 for that game but why not just make things up to have another pop at Hecky?

BTW, we needed an injury time goal to beat Ross County in that game last season under Lennon. The same Lennon needed extra time to beat Dunfermline yesterday. The same Lennon has us a mess last season in 8th position and thanks to Hecky, we made top 6.

One defeat in 7 games this season, in last 8 of league cup and you say “if things continue as they are under Hecky, expect to see more signs of a decline....”???
100% correct. Well done sir.

Sir David Gray
18-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Our last 16 ties under Lennon (which were actually all at home) attracted the following attendances;

16/17 - Queen of the South - 7646
17/18 - Ayr Utd - 8135
18/19 - Ross County - 7452

Whilst yesterday's attendance was obviously lower than all of those three, it wasn't drastically different. The numbers are disappointing but then even in the League Cup semi final against Celtic at Hampden a couple of years ago, we failed to sell our allocation. A lot of fans just don't seem to value the League Cup.

SquashedFrogg

Yeh but....the pies aren't very good...

mcfly
3pm on a Saturday

Maybe people are voting with their feet?

Not happy with the managers signings. Is he?? His star defender doesn’t even start?

Can you say we have improved as a squad and team? I say we are regressing and my concern is he isn’t capable of sorting it.

I get the we ll support you Evermore and 12000 of us have done exactly that but if this manager does not change his boring style and also the players he is signing that number will drop.

Thank god we have Scott Allan and Ryan Porteus - 2 players who really improve our team.

We need some quality signings on next week or so. Very frustrating being a hibby so far

Steve20
18-08-2019, 08:23 AM
3pm on a Saturday

Or more people would turn up if there was actual decent signings. Club has absolutely no ambition which is shown by the uninspiring manager and appalling signings.

That’ll be the norm if the club don’t start trying to compete with other teams in the transfer market.

Team is awful.

Allant1981
18-08-2019, 08:23 AM

Dont be posting facts, they just get in the way!!!

Jones28
18-08-2019, 08:28 AM
Our last 16 ties under Lennon (which were actually all at home) attracted the following attendances;

16/17 - Queen of the South - 7646
17/18 - Ayr Utd - 8135
18/19 - Ross County - 7452

Whilst yesterday's attendance was obviously lower than all of those three, it wasn't drastically different. The numbers are disappointing but then even in the League Cup semi final against Celtic at Hampden a couple of years ago, we failed to sell our allocation. A lot of fans just don't seem to value the League Cup.

Stop posting facts, it’s really detrimental to the Hecky out campaign.

The Modfather
18-08-2019, 08:31 AM
I didn’t go as simply didn’t want to. The games I’ve been to this season have been boring for long spells, so spent the day with the family instead.

flash
18-08-2019, 08:48 AM
I didn’t go as simply didn’t want to. The games I’ve been to this season have been boring for long spells, so spent the day with the family instead.

I didn't go either due to thinking weeks ago it was an international weekend and organising other stuff.
Missed 5 goals by my team so I wish I had been there.

flash
18-08-2019, 08:49 AM

Ah the old post a complete lie then disappear routine.

Brightside
18-08-2019, 08:52 AM

It certainly hasn't been boring.

The Modfather
18-08-2019, 09:01 AM
It certainly hasn't been boring.

Boring is subjective, the games I’ve been to (St Mirren and Arbroath) I found boring for large spells. Slow sideways passing with no tempo. There was also good fast attacking within those games too, they were too infrequent though and inbetween I was bored for large periods.

Regardless of how exciting yesterday was in hindsight, those were the factors that led me to spend a day with the family instead of going to the game.

Dublin07
18-08-2019, 09:15 AM
I pay £55 per month for 3 season tickets. It would have cost me £42 for me plus my 2 kids yesterday. That is too much for a league cup game in my opinion. Our kids tickets prices are overpriced.

Real Emerald
18-08-2019, 09:19 AM
I didn’t go yesterday either, as a season ticket holder who very rarely misses a cup tie that is unusual for me. It had nothing to do with money either and all to do with the apathy Im feeling about the club at the moment. I was bored solid during the St Mirren game and I’ve got that sinking feeling that bit by bit we’re going back to the days prior to the cup win. Our squad is short on players, I’m not impressed with the new signings so far and the fact we’re saying the transfers are done just add to my apathy. I’ll roll along to the next league game but if we are heading back to mediocrity I don’t think I can handle it again. I’ve suffered years and years of it. Hibs need to make sure the great momentum we had isn’t lost.

Eyrie
18-08-2019, 09:24 AM
If you take away fans out of yesterday's attendance, then the Hibs support was less than half our season tickets sold. Excluding walk ups, that proportion would be even lower.

That's disappointing regardless of whether it's a comment on the cost of attending, the style of football, the opponent or the alternatives available on a nice day as the schools are about to go back.

I'm not being critical of those who weren't there when I say it's disappointing as I'll miss games myself due to various reasons over the course of the season.

Smartie
18-08-2019, 09:29 AM
I went, and 8 goals, extra time, a chance to see our team develop, a first proper look at Middleton and a great performance from Flo all for less than £20 left me a happy customer.

We have problems and issues that we could do with sorting but there's still nowhere on Earth I'd rather be on a Saturday afternoon than Easter Road.

JimBHibees
18-08-2019, 09:31 AM
I didn’t go yesterday either, as a season ticket holder who very rarely misses a cup tie that is unusual for me. It had nothing to do with money either and all to do with the apathy Im feeling about the club at the moment. I was bored solid during the St Mirren game and I’ve got that sinking feeling that bit by bit we’re going back to the days prior to the cup win. Our squad is short on players, I’m not impressed with the new signings so far and the fact we’re saying the transfers are done just add to my apathy. I’ll roll along to the next league game but if we are heading back to mediocrity I don’t think I can handle it again. I’ve suffered years and years of it. Hibs need to make sure the great momentum we had isn’t lost.

You missed a goal fest end to end Cup classic.:greengrin

Real Emerald
18-08-2019, 09:34 AM
You missed a goal fest end to end Cup classic.:greengrin

Yes, maybe staying away is the answer, we’ll win the league lol. 😊

Ardenttwo
18-08-2019, 09:47 AM
Maybe people are voting with their feet?

Not happy with the managers signings. Is he?? His star defender doesn’t even start?

Can you say we have improved as a squad and team? I say we are regressing and my concern is he isn’t capable of sorting it.

I get the we ll support you Evermore and 12000 of us have done exactly that but if this manager does not change his boring style and also the players he is signing that number will drop.

Thank god we have Scott Allan and Ryan Porteus - 2 players who really improve our team.

We need some quality signings on next week or so. Very frustrating being a hibby so far

Totally agree I said this weeks ago that our board are in for a shock in the coming home games if things dont improve on the park. It seems this last while all we fans do is fork out for Season Tickets,Hospitality HSL etc etc for no return. The prof of the pudding will be v St Johnstone next week and I have a feeling LD and co could be looking at a fairly empty stadium

Shrekko
18-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Totally agree I said this weeks ago that our board are in for a shock in the coming home games if things dont improve on the park. It seems this last while all we fans do is fork out for Season Tickets,Hospitality HSL etc etc for no return. The prof of the pudding will be v St Johnstone next week and I have a feeling LD and co could be looking at a fairly empty stadium

If that’s the case then it’s utterly pathetic from our support.

Fans at every club plough their money and don’t seem to have quite the same levels of self entitlement nor the same pathetic lack of loyalty to the club. We’re not in crisis at this point but seems a lot of folk would rather we were and quite quickly.

A lot of the crowd didn’t even stick around for extra time yesterday - unbelievable.

green with envy
18-08-2019, 10:42 AM
It didn't even enter my mindset that I wouldn't go yesterday, for what ever reason, I have no problem with folk who didn't go.

Fuzzywuzzy
18-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Love a good 'justify yourself' thread

Ringothedog
18-08-2019, 11:00 AM
If that’s the case then it’s utterly pathetic from our support.

Fans at every club plough their money and don’t seem to have quite the same levels of self entitlement nor the same pathetic lack of loyalty to the club. We’re not in crisis at this point but seems a lot of folk would rather we were and quite quickly.

A lot of the crowd didn’t even stick around for extra time yesterday - unbelievable.

I started to leave at full time thinking it was going straight to penalties. I hate penalties and felt we would get beat, once I realised there was extra time i toddled back to watch the 30 minutes.

Radium
18-08-2019, 11:02 AM

Using your post as a starting point to ask a general question.

For the St Johnstone game next week, what size of crowd indicates that fans are not turning up because they don’t trust the management/ think the football is boring/ want to see the manager gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thegreenside
18-08-2019, 11:07 AM
The football just now is unbelievably boring. Don’t blame anyone for staying away

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 11:11 AM
The football just now is unbelievably boring. Don’t blame anyone for staying away

It wasn’t boring yesterday. We were diabolical defensively, but it wasn't boring.

bookert
18-08-2019, 11:12 AM
I didn't go either due to thinking weeks ago it was an international weekend and organising other stuff.
Missed 5 goals by my team so I wish I had been there.
We were not good, didn't compete physically in midfield again, that however made it an exciting watch, goals could have come at either end at any time.

BoomtownHibees
18-08-2019, 11:16 AM
We were not good, didn't compete physically in midfield again, that however made it an exciting watch, goals could have come at either end at any time.

We were good and in control for the majority of the match. Shocking defensive lapses at the end of both half’s made it a lot more difficult than it should have been

hfc rd
18-08-2019, 11:19 AM
I didn’t go simply because I wanted to spend a day with the family.

Personally I don’t blame anyone who decided they didn’t want to attend the game. It’s their life and they can do what they want with it.

Brightside
18-08-2019, 11:32 AM

No return? How many more of this seasons games did you expect to win?

Keith_M
18-08-2019, 11:48 AM
3pm on a Saturday

Just for some context, here's the attendances at all home League Cup games in the last five seasons

I've highlighted any attendances over 10k (games against Aberdeen and a Qtr final v Dundee Utd.)

Season
Round
Opposition
Attendance

2014-15
2nd Round
Dumbarton

Qtr Final
Dundee Utd

2015-16
1st Round
Montrose

2nd Round
Stranraer

3rd Round

Aberdeen

Qtr Final

Dundee Utd

2016-17
2nd Round
QOS

2017-18
2nd Round
Ayr

Qtr Final
Livi

2018-19
2nd Round
Ross County

Qtr Final

Aberdeen

Ellahappyhibee
18-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Why are early cup games so expensive. It is still holiday season. Season ticket holder or not, games are expensive - what are Scottish clubs doing to make it more affordable? Make a goodwill gesture to fans and perhaps you will entice more to attend who will then return more often. Clubs forget that many cannot afford to attend at £15-30 for an adult ticket.

flash
18-08-2019, 12:24 PM
I am confused. If you pay for a season ticket you get into home games. If you pay for hospitality you get wined and dined. It's very good incidentally.
What are you on about?

Jonnyboy
18-08-2019, 12:27 PM
May have already been said but the figure given for the official attendance must be a guess because with the scanner problems in the East, fans were just pouring in without having their cards or tickets scanned

Keith_M
18-08-2019, 12:47 PM
May have already been said but the figure given for the official attendance must be a guess because with the scanner problems in the East, fans were just pouring in without having their cards or tickets scanned

As Hibs now announce the 'Attendance' as tickets sold, I don't think that would affect the figure, as they would know how many have actually been sold.

But your theory would have been quite good if we still announced how many actually turned up :wink:

Jonnyboy
18-08-2019, 12:52 PM
As Hibs now announce the 'Attendance' as tickets sold, I don't think that would affect the figure, as they would know how many have actually been sold.

But your theory would have been quite good if we still announced how many actually turned up :wink:

Oops forgot about that :faf:

Wakeyhibee
18-08-2019, 01:14 PM

The new format seems to benefit the lower league teams whose attendances are similar to that of a weekend league match, The regional set up helps + they might get a big team at home. Championship sides hold up reasonably well also. Its the bigger clubs supports that disappear in the early rounds.

hibbyfraelibby
18-08-2019, 07:32 PM

Didn't compete in midfield? With 63% possession? God Flo's hold up play must have been phenomenal😉