PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Murray

BlackSheep
17-08-2019, 11:16 PM
I think young Fraser deserves a thread of his own after today’s game.

Does the simple things to a fantastically high level and I think he breezes through most games he plays in.

Unlucky not to get on the scoresheet today as well.

I think he should be getting a start and a good run in the team as soon as possible.

Well done.

hibIBZ
17-08-2019, 11:18 PM
I thought he offered a lot and was very unlucky not to score a goal or 2.

Delivery from corners was excellent, really dangerous balls in to the box. Looked to get on the ball and be positive, agreed he needs games but with Middleton arriving I fear he might not get enough of a chance

Musselbound
17-08-2019, 11:21 PM
Totally agree. I'm surprised there's not been more on how well Murray did today. Looked more of a threat in about 40 mins than most others did in 90-120. Was a real attacking threat and whipped in some really good corners.

wookie70
17-08-2019, 11:27 PM
Looked a bit sheepish for their third goal but was excellent on the ball and could have had a hatrick as well as a couple of assists if luck had been on his side. No idea how he doesn't get more minutes. Wish we had a defensive midfielder of that quality coming through the development team

The 90+2
17-08-2019, 11:30 PM
We need to persist with him in the starting line up. He’s got it.

The Harp
17-08-2019, 11:42 PM
Really pleased to see Fraser getting some game time recently. He's a classy young player who has a great future ahead of him if he can avoid serious injury. Thought he did well today and was very unlucky not to get himself on the score sheet.

Shrekko
17-08-2019, 11:44 PM
Surprised there’s not been more of a clamour for him.

Not sure he realises how good he is?

Diclonius
18-08-2019, 02:14 AM
They were great. Fast, accurate, direct, and should have scored from at least one.

Can he be our primary taker when on the pitch from now on please?

FilipinoHibs
18-08-2019, 02:18 AM
They were great. Fast, accurate, direct, and should have scored from at least one.

Can he be our primary taker when on the pitch from now on please?

Corners and throw ins have improved significantly under the new management.

danhibees1875
18-08-2019, 07:28 AM
I thought Murray's around play was a real positive from yesterday. He's faster than I thought he was, good feet and unlucky not to score.

BlackSheep
18-08-2019, 07:52 AM
He actually reminds me of John McGinn in a few ways, battling midfield met who drags us up the park and has a bit of quality while doing so, also his end product is far superior to a lot of our team right now.

Bang him in the middle with Vela please Hecky... then we will see.

mentalhibee
18-08-2019, 07:59 AM
Should be a starter in this team, hopefully has a great season.

PatHead
18-08-2019, 08:06 AM
Said on another thread that I thought he was better than Middleton yesterday. I like him and good to see a youngster coming through.

jeffers
18-08-2019, 08:11 AM
Definitely deserves a chance to start, offers far more than Mallan.

calumhibee1
18-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Thought he done very well.. although I thought he shat it for their third.

Pretty Boy
18-08-2019, 08:17 AM
He was excellent going forward, looks a real threat, deceptively quick and his set piece delivery was unbelievable. On the flip side he was all over the place defensively and if he's going to be played wide then he needs to improve that as our system relies on the wide men tracking back.

I think his biggest issue is he is probably most effective playing the same role as Scott Allan so his opportunities may be a bit limited. If he can tidy up the defensive side of his game he could well be a good option out wide though.

One Day
18-08-2019, 08:22 AM
I thought he offered a lot and was very unlucky not to score a goal or 2.

Delivery from corners was excellent, really dangerous balls in to the box. Looked to get on the ball and be positive, agreed he needs games but with Middleton arriving I fear he might not get enough of a chance

Best corners for a while

DaveF
18-08-2019, 09:05 AM
Put him in the team instead of wasting a jersey on Slivka and we will instantly improve.

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 09:10 AM
He’s a good player. He had a couple of defensive lapses though, I thought he was at fault for their equaliser.

I think he’d get goals for us if he was playing consistently. I’m not sure what his best position is though.

calumhibee1
18-08-2019, 09:13 AM
He’s a good player. He had a couple of defensive lapses though, I thought he was at fault for their equaliser.

I think he’d get goals for us if he was playing consistently. I’m not sure what his best position is though.

He was unlucky not to get one yesterday. Done everything right with the finish, keeper just made a good save.

hibee_girl
18-08-2019, 09:35 AM
I thought Murray's around play was a real positive from yesterday. He's faster than I thought he was, good feet and unlucky not to score.

:agree:

I thought he really lifted the tempo of the team when he came on,

Smartie
18-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Corners and throw ins have improved significantly under the new management.

I've noticed an improvement at throw ins. It's nothing drastic, just a bit of positioning and movement.

Eyrie
18-08-2019, 09:42 AM
Beginning to see why he was being talked up prior to his injury.

Not yet a regular starter, but definitely someone I want playing every week.

danhibees1875
18-08-2019, 09:51 AM
What is his natural position? He looked very capable out wide, but I thought he was more of an attacking central midfielder. Could he solve our box to box issues or would that not suit his game?

Billy Whizz
18-08-2019, 10:01 AM
What is his natural position? He looked very capable out wide, but I thought he was more of an attacking central midfielder. Could he solve our box to box issues or would that not suit his game?

Fraz is cracking talent. Played most of his early Development team games playing wide left, and he’s 2 footed too
Last year or so Hibs have been playing him more central, he can get forward and has a goal in him, had quite a few shots yesterday
Think he picked up an injury not long after he came on yesterday, which I think hampered his performance a wee bit
He’s here to stay in the 1st team, and can play right centre or left, and is great with a dead ball

Baker9
18-08-2019, 10:32 AM
Looked a bit sheepish for their third goal but was excellent on the ball and could have had a hatrick as well as a couple of assists if luck had been on his side. No idea how he doesn't get more minutes. [B]Wish we had a defensive midfielder of that quality coming through the development team

Spot on. A great prospect but lacking a bit of dig. The 'sheepishness' could be applied to all the midfield except Vela.

MrRobot
18-08-2019, 11:24 AM
I’ve been very impressed with Murray towards the end of last season and pre-season.

Vault Boy
18-08-2019, 11:29 AM
He's really coming into his own this season, great to see.

I didn't realise it was him taking corners, they were superb. So much pace.

tamig
18-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Spot on. A great prospect but lacking a bit of dig. The 'sheepishness' could be applied to all the midfield except Vela.

He needs to contribute more defensively. There were a few times after the part he played in that equaliser where Morton were attacking down our left and he was standing about 10-15 yards away contributing nothing. Lewis meanwhile was trying to cover two players while Hanlon had to move out wide to cover. He looks like the type who will learn though and he looks excellent going forward.

Since452
18-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Big future at the club that laddie

Tully
18-08-2019, 02:33 PM
Gd laddie needs to add a nasty side to his game,there equaliser for 3 3 he was chicken hearted

DTS
18-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Would start him over Horgan on Saturday, Horgan always seems to be blowing out his backside in the second half of games. Better as an impact player

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 10:55 PM
Would start him over Horgan on Saturday, Horgan always seems to be blowing out his backside in the second half of games. Better as an impact player

Horgan plays for me. Goal last week, assist this week. Agree his fitness (and his final ball at times) needs to be better but he’s the best wide player at the club for me.

If Murray plays in plays in front of anyone next week, it’s Middleton.

GoalsMcGinley
19-08-2019, 07:45 AM
Horgan plays for me. Goal last week, assist this week. Agree his fitness (and his final ball at times) needs to be better but he’s the best wide player at the club for me.

If Murray plays in plays in front of anyone next week, it’s Middleton.

Take it you’re not counting Martin Boyle in your “best wide player at the club”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
19-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Take it you’re not counting Martin Boyle in your “best wide player at the club”?

Horgan now has a better end product imo.

AlbertK86
19-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Definitely deserves a chance to start, offers far more than Mallan.

Apart from mucho goals and assists.

Don’t get me wrong he is a very good player but you can’t say Mallan doesn’t offer anything

B.H.F.C
19-08-2019, 02:58 PM

I am, yep. They have different attributes but I think Horgan has more ability. His biggest issue is his fitness but he offers a bit more with being so comfortable with both feet.

In an ideal world it would be Boyle on one side and Horgan on the other though and I do think we miss Boyle’s pace.

Franck Stanton
19-08-2019, 03:00 PM
I Know football is all about opinions but the guy who sits next to me reckons Murray is too small & lightweight for 1st team. I disagree however & look at his skill level. IF we judged players on their stature,the likes of Jimmy Johnston, Mickey Weir, "Mckey" Edwards Etc Etc would have been lost to our game.

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Apart from mucho goals and assists.

Don’t get me wrong he is a very good player but you can’t say Mallan doesn’t offer anything

Mallan doesn't score that many goals, he started well. He has something like 4 in his last 35 games at this point.

aljo7-0
19-08-2019, 03:08 PM
I asked my Newcastle supporting mate what he thought of Hibs in the pre season game. His most positive comment by a long way was how impressed he was with Fraser Murray. Positively raved about his performance.

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Mallan doesn't score that many goals, he started well. He has something like 4 in his last 35 games at this point.

:tub4:

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2019, 03:39 PM
:tub4:

Thanks but that obviously isn't the case because people are still peddling the line that he scores goals. He kinda doesn't

04Sauzee
19-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Thanks but that obviously isn't the case because people are still peddling the line that he scores goals. He kinda doesn't

Peddling it because he does score goals. If we are 10 or 12 games into the season and he's on a dry run then we can put his early season form of last season down as a fluke.

DTS
19-08-2019, 04:21 PM

Albeit his goals did dry up a bit he finished the season relatively well in terms of goals st mirren Dundee and livi away. We’ve been wanting goals from midfield for a long time and we have a player capable of bagging 10 from central midfield. Doesn’t really matter when they come but his stars don’t lie. 48 games 13 assists and 11 goals last season. A goal or assist every second game from a player that played as a deep midfielder isn’t half bad