PDA

View Full Version : Middleton

noz
17-08-2019, 08:02 PM
for those at the game, how did he play today?
Just saw on BBC website he got MOM.

ballengeich
17-08-2019, 08:07 PM
OK but nowhere near man of the match. He gave Allan the pass for the first goal but Allan still had a lot to do. He stayed wide left and was given an astonishing amount of space by the Morton defence. He could often have made better use of it.

He's only here because of Boyle's injury. While he's not the same standard, on today's evidence he's a decent reserve, though I'd expected him to show a bit more pace than I saw.

Golden Bear
17-08-2019, 08:12 PM
I thought he did very well, always eager and not frightened to take his opponent on. I was surprised he was subbed, Horgan was starting to blow out of his erchie and looked like he needed to be subbed more than Middleton.

bingo70
17-08-2019, 08:14 PM
OK but nowhere near man of the match. He gave Allan the pass for the first goal but Allan still had a lot to do. He stayed wide left and was given an astonishing amount of space by the Morton defence. He could often have made better use of it.

He's only here because of Boyle's injury. While he's not the same standard, on today's evidence he's a decent reserve, though I'd expected him to show a bit more pace than I saw.

Completely agree.

He looked to me to be a very tidy and technically good player, think he’ll do fine.

I was a bit disappointed that he wasn’t as quick as I’d hoped though, with Boyle being injured and every one of Heckers signings being slow we really needed to replace Boyle with someone with lightening pace, doesn’t seem to have happened here. He’s not slow but comparable pace wise to the likes of Horgan.

I also felt he was quite similar to Fraser Murray but thought we improved when Murray came on.

Blaster
17-08-2019, 08:19 PM
I thought he did very well, always eager and not frightened to take his opponent on. I was surprised he was subbed, Horgan was starting to blow out of his erchie and looked like he needed to be subbed more than Middleton.

He was down with cramp just before he went off GB

Togs91
17-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Thought he had a good game, his first touch was excellent and likes to drive into the corner and puts a good ball in too.

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Got a good reception from the fans.

He done well. Good ball control, quite tricky and put in some excellent crosses. Provided the balance we’ve been missing on the left. He will be a good addition.

He tired near the end and fell out the game slightly before being subbed.

hibee_girl
17-08-2019, 08:23 PM
I was impressed with him. He has a fantastic first touch, he tackled well and was involved with most of our attacks.

Hi Heid Yin
17-08-2019, 08:24 PM
He had an okay-ish game, but to be fair, he is perhaps a little ring rusty.
There is definitely a player in there, which gives me hope of better to come.

SquashedFrogg
17-08-2019, 08:25 PM

Quite a negative perspective. Not a criticism btw. Curious, can I ask why you 'expected' him to have more pace? Considering he's not known for his pace.

SquashedFrogg
17-08-2019, 08:27 PM
I was impressed with him. He has a fantastic first touch, he tackled well and was involved with most of our attacks.

Me too. He's also only 19

marinello59
17-08-2019, 08:33 PM
A great first touch, good game awareness and lots of energy. I’m going to enjoy watching him this season.

ballengeich
17-08-2019, 08:47 PM
Quite a negative perspective. Not a criticism btw. Curious, can I ask why you 'expected' him to have more pace? Considering he's not known for his pace.

I wasn't aware he's not known for his pace. Given my assumption that he's been brought in because of Boyle's injury I'd expected an alternative flyer.

I don't think I was negative, just trying to be objective about a talented youngster. He can contribute to us this season, but can't be expected to dominate games. If he was one of our crop rather than a loan from the dark side, I'd have said it was a good debut.

Crab apple
17-08-2019, 09:22 PM
I liked the look of him. Tired near the end but that’s understandable.

jonny
17-08-2019, 09:25 PM
He had an okay-ish game, but to be fair, he is perhaps a little ring rusty.
There is definitely a player in there, which gives me hope of better to come.

In short. Same. Thought he'd be a little quicker given the rep but still optimistic about him.

ancient hibee
17-08-2019, 09:32 PM
Will do quite well I think.Maybe hasn’t played much this season so far.He got plenty of the ball but particularly in the first half didn’t get anywhere with most of it.Still was able to look up and pick out Allan for the first goal.Looked a bit bulky to me.

Bishop Hibee
17-08-2019, 09:33 PM
Great first touch. Positive going forward. Not match fit which is exciting as we’ll see a lot more from him.

Robbo6-2
17-08-2019, 09:36 PM
Is he any better than Fraser Murray?

bingo70
17-08-2019, 09:38 PM
Is he any better than Fraser Murray?

Can’t say after one appearance.

From what I saw today I’d say not really but that doesn’t mean he won’t have plenty to offer.

Golden Bear
17-08-2019, 09:54 PM
Is Fraser Murray a wide player? I thought his position was in midfield? He looks a reasonable player but again, lacks pace.

Chefki Kuqi
17-08-2019, 10:13 PM
Do we even know how good Fraser Murray is? Covetedbut rarely starts

Squirrel 1875
17-08-2019, 11:15 PM
Looks the business.

Auckland Hibs
17-08-2019, 11:25 PM

I worry about Horgan's stamina/fitness - he often looks like he's trying to catch his breath.

kaimendhibs
17-08-2019, 11:36 PM
I don't.
Our most creative player and I include Scottie

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Springbank
18-08-2019, 07:40 AM
Along with Scott Allan this is our best signing this summer.
I hold out hope for James, Vela & Jackson once they find their feet.

The goalie, Newell & Doidge have work to do (I'd be expecting the worst if they started in a derby to put it that way).

But on yesterday's first impression Middleton is a player

JohnM1875
18-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Along with Scott Allan this is our best signing this summer.
I hold out hope for James, Vela & Jackson once they find their feet.

The goalie, Newell & Doidge have work to do (I'd be expecting the worst if they started in a derby to put it that way).

But on yesterday's first impression Middleton is a player

Doidge scored a good goal and won numerous flick ons in the short time he was on. Offered just as much as the player Middleton did.

PatHead
18-08-2019, 08:00 AM
Sorry to go against the grain but I wasn't impressed with him in the first half. He is tidy but very rarely went to beat his man. Apart from the pass for Allan's goal he never created much.
Just a young guy making his debut so plenty of time for him to make an impact.
I thought Murray was the better of the two, certainly before he got kicked.

JohnM1875
18-08-2019, 08:03 AM
Sorry to go against the grain but I wasn't impressed with him in the first half. He is tidy but very rarely went to beat his man. Apart from the pass for Allan's goal he never created much.
Just a young guy making his debut so plenty of time for him to make an impact.
I thought Murray was the better of the two, certainly before he got kicked.

Murray was definitely better. Totally agree.

Also agree it was Middleton's first game (guessing he wouldn't have had much of a pre season either) and theres surely better to come.

Future17
18-08-2019, 08:09 AM

Heckingbottom said differently.

One Day
18-08-2019, 08:20 AM
for those at the game, how did he play today?
Just saw on BBC website he got MOM.

Decent debut

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Thought he was okay, willing and made good runs, must admit though I thought he would have more pace than he did and he rarely took his man on and beat him. Early days though.

Eyrie
18-08-2019, 09:27 AM
Middleton was one of our better players yesterday and showed enough promise that he'll be a regular starter once he has his match fitness.