PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan's fitness level

H18 SFR
17-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Outstanding level of fitness! Absolutely outstanding!

Squirrel 1875
17-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Guy is going to get us through this season. How Celtic couldn’t see his quality is beyond me.

wookie70
17-08-2019, 07:25 PM
I thought he was very poor today and not sure his work rate was that great either. Drifted in and out of the game and not too involved. Saying that he is so much fitter than the player who first came to Hibs.

Lewiehas2
17-08-2019, 07:26 PM
I thought he was very poor today and not sure his work rate was that great either. Drifted in and out of the game and not too involved. Saying that he is so much fitter than the player who first came to Hibs.

Which hibs game were you at?

hibee_girl
17-08-2019, 07:26 PM

That’s how I saw him today too.

overdrive
17-08-2019, 07:27 PM

This. He wasn’t great today (nobody was except Kamberi) but at least he’s adding goals that he wasn’t first time round.

danhibees1875
17-08-2019, 07:29 PM

I thought his workrate was good and he has obviously improved his fitness greatly as the old Scott Allan would have struggled with 120 minutes.

I think I can see your point about his performance today though. I don't think he had the best game. There were a few times where he seemed to go back to his 2015 self where he was making needlessly difficult passes that weren't working when sometimes a simple pass is the more effective option.

He's still class though.

SingaporeHibs
17-08-2019, 07:33 PM

Scored one, created one (at least one) and never stopped chasing or pressing the ball. If he scores one and creates one every week he can “drift in and out of games” all he wants as far as i’m concerned. I don’t think he did drift out the game today, he may not of had the ball all the time but he didn’t stop working.

wookie70
17-08-2019, 07:34 PM
Which hibs game were you at?

If you want to see work rate I'd look at Kamberi or Lewis today. Lewis was honking today but I still watched him sprint 50 yards to a ball from Jackson he only had a 10% chance of keeping in play. Allan is a great player on the ball and his fitness and decision making have both improved but in terms of comparable work rate he isn't close to quite a few of his fellow players. That isn't that much of an issue though as he is there for goals and assists and he has started very well in both regards.

tamig
17-08-2019, 07:40 PM
If you want to see work rate I'd look at Kamberi or Lewis today. Lewis was honking today but I still watched him sprint 50 yards to a ball from Jackson he only had a 10% chance of keeping in play. Allan is a great player on the ball and his fitness and decision making have both improved but in terms of comparable work rate he isn't close to quite a few of his fellow players. That isn't that much of an issue though as he is there for goals and assists and he has started very well in both regards.
Lewis had an awful first half but thought he was excellent second half. I didn’t think there was anything wrong with Allan’s workrate at all. There seems to be a perception that he doesn’t graft. I saw him doing a lot of chasing down today and he worked his socks off for the full two hours.

Mutu
17-08-2019, 07:43 PM
Amazing to think he has type 1 diabetes.

hibIBZ
17-08-2019, 08:01 PM
He worked himself in to the ground today, Morton did well to keep him quiet but he still managed a goal and some excellent touches. Looked a bit lost during extra time when asked to play wide, but that could of been tiredness

California-Hibs
17-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Guy is going to get us through this season. How Celtic couldn’t see his quality is beyond me.

How anyone else also couldn't see his quality is beyond me. Still can't believe we got him!

Iggy Pope
17-08-2019, 10:51 PM

I love wee Lewis and he wasn’t at his best today. Sprinting that 50 yards to get a ball he was never catching wasn’t one of his better decisions today either.

DH1875
17-08-2019, 10:56 PM
How anyone else also couldn't see his quality is beyond me. Still can't believe we got him!

I wasn't at the game today but following the match thread there were guys slaughtering him, saying we were a man down. Unbelievable.

bawheid
17-08-2019, 11:00 PM
...but following the match thread...

Rookie error.

spike220
18-08-2019, 05:49 AM

Is that you Neil???

JohnM1875
18-08-2019, 06:50 AM
Scored one, created one (at least one) and never stopped chasing or pressing the ball. If he scores one and creates one every week he can “drift in and out of games” all he wants as far as i’m concerned. I don’t think he did drift out the game today, he may not of had the ball all the time but he didn’t stop working.

His closing down and high pressure on the defence was great. A few times you could see he went and turned round after it and was raging no one else was closing down.

Usually in a high press if one player goes the rest of the team are supposed to follow suit. We didn't and Scott was fizzing. Looks like we've been told to do that but the team has no idea how to.

Sammy7nil
18-08-2019, 07:19 AM
I love wee Lewis and he wasn’t at his best today. Sprinting that 50 yards to get a ball he was never catching wasn’t one of his better decisions today either.

Ha ha very true :greengrin

Since452
18-08-2019, 08:36 AM
Scotland call up can't be far away

Keith_M
18-08-2019, 05:26 PM
I don't know about anybody else, but I'm delighted he's back at Hibs.

People can raise questions about workrate, closing down or whatever else they want but he brings a lot to our side... especially goals and assists.

Allant1981
18-08-2019, 05:46 PM

People can raise questions about workrate, closing down or whatever else they want but he brings a lot to our side... especially goals and assists.

Yip agree 100%, the guy is class and as he gets fitter he is only going to get better.

Torto7
18-08-2019, 05:51 PM

He's a credit to himself.

My wee boy absolutely idolises him.

If Steve Clarke is watching he should build a system around Scott. Imagine him feeding balls to Fraser, Forrest, Robertson on the overlap etc. If Scotland play McTominay and McGinn behind him they would allow him to do what he does best.

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 06:09 PM
Scotland call up can't be far away

I think he’ll be doing well to get a call up as we’re actually pretty strong in midfield. Would take a few injuries for him to get a shout I think.

He’s going to be our player of the year by an absolute mile as long as he stays fit.

B.H.F.C
18-08-2019, 06:12 PM

I don’t think he can be questioned for that. He’s one of the few who really tries to press the ball. Partly because he’s intelligent enough to realise when it can be done. The others need to follow him.

Pilrig_Sauzee
18-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Am hoping that in time, those passes he sometimes makes that don't come off, will come off because the rest of the team know he'll be doing that and will have the confidence to make the the runs. Like Kamberi.

majorhibs
18-08-2019, 09:57 PM
I don’t think he can be questioned for that. He’s one of the few who really tries to press the ball. Partly because he’s intelligent enough to realise when it can be done. The others need to follow him.

Yep. Mgmt team should try to see this also!

Phil MaGlass
19-08-2019, 06:41 AM
A battler and hard worker, an example to the rest of the team.

Hibrandenburg
19-08-2019, 08:06 AM

:agree: My wee boy was diagnosed back in May and Scott Allan being open and upfront about his disease is priceless for kids like mine growing up with and managing the disease. An excellent role model for type 1 diabetes kids.

HibsGW
19-08-2019, 08:10 AM
It’s just cliche nonsense this whole ‘he doesn’t do enough tracking back, not a great work rate’ kind of chat. He does more running and wins more tackles than Mallan and Slivka would every game, if he won tackles constantly, made the sort of assists he does constantly and was scoring goals at the rate he is just now he’d be playing well above even Celtics level. Yes, he drifts out of games in the sense that he drifts from tearing a team apart and making them look silly to being one of the best players on the pitch at any given time, as is the case with absolutely any player anywhere in the world

AlbertK86
19-08-2019, 09:31 AM

Spot on mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk