PDA

View Full Version : Mojo

wookie70
17-08-2019, 06:14 PM
Have Hibs fans lost their Mojo or have we, due to the success of the Cup win and a decent season after that, become self important and expecting to win every game. Perhaps many fans just need to grow a pair.

Some of the comments today regarding Heck have me completely baffled. You'd think we went out the Cup today, well beaten by a mid table Championship with an unprofessional, melodramatic and erratic manager in charge. That of course would be Lennon who managed a 1-3 defeat against the mighty QOTS in his first League Cup game with a Cup Winning team to put on the park.

I have some doubts about Hecks signings. I think Doidge looks like Bryan Graham with his boot laces tied together but he popped up with an excellently taken goal. Vela scored too so not exactly a disaster for the players Heck brought in considering Middleton made a good start and provided an assist too.

The most important things today were getting through and seeing Lewis and SDG back on the pitch. Lewis will make a huge difference with his energy and SDG, if he isn't injured again, provides some much needed drive and grit on the right. Another bonus was Fraser Murray who played roughly 45 mins and showed what a classy player he is. Getting pumped off the most despicable side in the league is a hard pill to swallow but we have every chance of getting a decent league placing and are now one game away from Hampden in this Cup. Not exactly a bad start for a manger that worked a minor miracle getting a team of broken players into the top sic last year and winning at Tiny.

Bobby's Cinema
17-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Agree with the sentiment of all of this. The general mood on here imo is well out of proportion with where we are, don’t remember feeling so much in the minority.

Good result today well done Hibs.

Leith Green
17-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Have Hibs fans lost their Mojo or have we, due to the success of the Cup win and a decent season after that, become self important and expecting to win every game. Perhaps many fans just need to grow a pair.

Some of the comments today regarding Heck have me completely baffled. You'd think we went out the Cup today, well beaten by a mid table Championship with an unprofessional, melodramatic and erratic manager in charge. That of course would be Lennon who managed a 1-3 defeat against the mighty QOTS in his first League Cup game with a Cup Winning team to put on the park.

I have some doubts about Hecks signings. I think Doidge looks like Bryan Graham with his boot laces tied together but he popped up with an excellently taken goal. Vela scored too so not exactly a disaster for the players Heck brought in considering Middleton made a good start and provided an assist too.

The most important things today were getting through and seeing Lewis and SDG back on the pitch. Lewis will make a huge difference with his energy and SDG, if he isn't injured again, provides some much needed drive and grit on the right. Another bonus was Fraser Murray who played roughly 45 mins and showed what a classy player he is. Getting pumped off the most despicable side in the league is a hard pill to swallow but we have every chance of getting a decent league placing and are now one game away from Hampden in this Cup. Not exactly a bad start for a manger that worked a minor miracle getting a team of broken players into the top sic last year and winning at Tiny.

Are you not concerned about how bad we look without possession? We cannot defend and look all over the place at times.

rotherhamrob
17-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Not sure how anyone can blame the manager for that today, 2-0 up and cruising and before you know it 2-2.
The players need to take responsibility for that and we're talking senior players here.
To me they seem to be lacking confidence though admittedly the midfield is hardly helping them.
I also think that Murray should be starting ahead of slivka/newell every time.

jacomo
17-08-2019, 06:28 PM
I think we as Hibs fans might have lost our mojo a wee bit.

Results will go up and down, form will fluctuate, but we do need to hold onto our core beliefs.

Jones28
17-08-2019, 06:30 PM
I, and I think most of us, expected to win today. However I felt it was really important for the fans and the team, but most importantly the manager, that it was emphatic.

Surrendering a lead twice to a championship team and ultimately conceding three calamitous goals doesn’t say emphatic.

jacomo
17-08-2019, 06:36 PM
I, and I think most of us, expected to win today. However I felt it was really important for the fans and the team, but most importantly the manager, that it was emphatic.

Surrendering a lead twice to a championship team and ultimately conceding three calamitous goals doesn’t say emphatic.

Absolutely not, but it’s still the right result.

Barman Stanton
17-08-2019, 06:38 PM
There are a few posters who are all over every post making a lot of noise. They have already made their minds up on our manager and his players so any blip is going to be jumped on right away.

We look in a bit of transition at the moment and no one is convinced that Hecky or his signings will be a success. The constant negativity is getting old though.

Glory Lurker
17-08-2019, 06:39 PM
My mojo's gone. Apart from the Cup win and back end of 17/18, for me, watching Hibs has in the main been an uninspiring chore for over a decade. I could really, really do with it being fun again.

Northernhibee
17-08-2019, 06:42 PM

80% agree, if that makes sense.

angus hibby
17-08-2019, 06:43 PM

Well said. Far too many wanting Heckingbottom to fail IMO.

The 90+2
17-08-2019, 06:45 PM
The proof is in the crowds.

stoneyburn hibs
17-08-2019, 06:48 PM

Good post, We went from circa 7-8k to 12-13 season ticket holders after our great day. A fair amount of them expected and still expect us to be producing the goods week after week, nothing wrong with that but it's Hibs so it's an expected rollercoaster to most.

I expect the expectations of any football fan to be totally unrealistic as time goes by due to the way society is going.

Allant1981
17-08-2019, 06:50 PM

16000 against st mirren to 6000 today is a crazy reduction in numbers, surely all cant be down to a crap result against the rangers

Shrekko
17-08-2019, 06:54 PM

You’re probably right but it’s just shows that Hibs fans are amongst the most fickle in the country.

A big percentage of our fan base have very little interest in being there the minute things aren’t quite to their liking.

We’re hardly at crisis point but already the team is being deserted by many with a general acceptance that more will fade away like snow off a dyke. I noticed a sizeable number couldn’t even stomach extra time in a cup
competition.

Torto7
17-08-2019, 06:55 PM
Bar the Scottish cup win what success? Finishing fourth should be par.

Far too many in the Hibs support are defeatist. This comes from years of underachievement.

J-C
17-08-2019, 06:56 PM
We won the game but were 2nd best to almost every ball in midfield, Gray and Stevenson hung out to dry due to just being back from injury.

Funniest thing today was the guy next to me telling Maxwell to get back in his case cause he's small enough to be a ventriloquist dummy, made me chuckle.

Jones28
17-08-2019, 06:59 PM
Absolutely not, but it’s still the right result.

Totally agree, and delighted to be in the next round. I think the manner of the victory is probably what has gotten most people’s backs up.

If we’d scored 5 without reply this place would be at best grudgingly happy. I think a lot of people have made their minds up about PH.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2019, 07:01 PM
I'm bored.

Maybe there is an element of the spoiled brat at play after the SC win but I'm going through the motions regards Hibs at the moment.

Jones28
17-08-2019, 07:02 PM

I’ll be honest and say that I could quite easily have gone to the game today, wife and wee one in town for the day, unexpected day off, good weather, won’t get the chance to go for a a couple of months with harvest time and I just couldn’t be arsed. After Sunday and what has been a pretty un-inspiring pre season I just didn’t have the enthusiasm.

I went to a lot of games out of obligation last season.

Jones28
17-08-2019, 07:04 PM
I'm bored.

Maybe there is an element of the spoiled brat at play after the SC win but I'm going through the motions regards Hibs at the moment.

Totally agree.

It can be very monotonous. Celtic will likely win the treble again this year, rangers will finish second by dozens of points and we will slug it out for the chance to get put out of Europe by some team from Lapland that naebodies heard of.

franck sauzee
17-08-2019, 07:29 PM
I'm bored.

Was going to post similar. The way we are playing we are opening teams up at times. But in between I'm bored

overdrive
17-08-2019, 07:44 PM
I'm bored.

This is where I’m at. Maybe we’ve been spoiled in recent years? It reminds me of the Williamson years!

angus hibby
17-08-2019, 07:49 PM
16000 against st mirren to 6000 today is a crazy reduction in numbers, surely all cant be down to a crap result against the rangers

Last seasons league cup tie against Ross County at the same stage had a crowd of 7000.

Ringothedog
17-08-2019, 08:13 PM
I’ll be honest and say that I could quite easily have gone to the game today, wife and wee one in town for the day, unexpected day off, good weather, won’t get the chance to go for a a couple of months with harvest time and I just couldn’t be arsed. After Sunday and what has been a pretty un-inspiring pre season I just didn’t have the enthusiasm.

I went to a lot of games out of obligation last season.
Take up knitting

Jack Hackett
17-08-2019, 08:38 PM

Coincidentally, I've just had a rant on the Kamberi thread about what I see as a sense of entitlement since the Cup win. We are Hibs not Barcelona, and I think there are more than a few on here who tend to look at 'lesser' opposition the same way our neighbours do.

Not seeing this as a positive direction to be going in, especially as venting your spleen here gets you heehaw other than pissing off fellow supporters.

wookie70
17-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Coincidentally, I've just had a rant on the Kamberi thread about what I see as a sense of entitlement since the Cup win. We are Hibs not Barcelona, and I think there are more than a few on here who tend to look at 'lesser' opposition the same way our neighbours do.

Not seeing this as a positive direction to be going in, especially as venting your spleen here gets you heehaw other than pissing off fellow supporters.

I chose not to say that my fellow supporters were starting to remind me of our neighbour's lot but it was typed and deleted during writing the OP. Maybe that is one of the reason so many liked Lennon. Is there a collective noun for bad losers(even though we won today most seem to have seen it as a defeat for some reason)

Speedway
17-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Conversely, if we never start accepting more, we’ll always accept the same mediocre pish.

For me, we don’t have nearly enough ambition. That seemed to be Lennon’s issue at the end too. We see ourselves at board level as the fourth or fifth best team. Therefore we’re happy with that.

I’m not and I think fans who finally started to enjoy following Hibs, feel the same way.

wookie70
17-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Conversely, if we never start accepting more, we’ll always accept the same mediocre pish.

For me, we don’t have nearly enough ambition. That seemed to be Lennon’s issue at the end too. We see ourselves at board level as the fourth or fifth best team. Therefore we’re happy with that.

I’m not and I think fans who finally started to enjoy following Hibs, feel the same way.

Lennon's issue at the end was nothing to do with the clubs ambition and all about his poor signing, disastrous form and lack of people management skills. None of that struck me as someone who had the tools to be ambitious but more someone that threw the toys out of the pram every time it never went their way. That is exactly the way Hibs fans are behaving wanting Heck out in my opinion. Lennon only achieved a "pish" 4th place finish so should he have been hounded out at that point. Of course not he did a decent job and did it will some great fitba for a few months.

I never liked Lennon from the start and never really rated him. Even when he was losing week in week out and alienating our best striker I still would have given him till the end of the season. Heck had a good first part season and is now getting hounded out by a section of the support having got to teh quarters of teh cup(can't do better at this stage) and 3 points from 6 in the league.

FilipinoHibs
17-08-2019, 10:50 PM
I think we as Hibs fans might have lost our mojo a wee bit.

Results will go up and down, form will fluctuate, but we do need to hold onto our core beliefs.

Old Hibs would have lost today of course we went out to QOS under Lennon at home. I think people are spoilt after cup win an finishing 4th. Just a question to all the moaners: did you come back after the cup final win?

stoneyburn hibs
17-08-2019, 11:13 PM
Old Hibs would have lost today of course we went out to QOS under Lennon at home. I think people are spoilt after cup win an finishing 4th. Just a question to all the moaners: did you come back after the cup final win?

Said it hours ago on another thread, we would be out of the league cup today under Lennon if he was still in charge.

Jones28
18-08-2019, 07:53 AM
Take up knitting

Oh great, thanks.

Speedway
18-08-2019, 08:33 AM
Lennon's issue at the end was nothing to do with the clubs ambition and all about his poor signing, disastrous form and lack of people management skills. None of that struck me as someone who had the tools to be ambitious but more someone that threw the toys out of the pram every time it never went their way. That is exactly the way Hibs fans are behaving wanting Heck out in my opinion. Lennon only achieved a "pish" 4th place finish so should he have been hounded out at that point. Of course not he did a decent job and did it will some great fitba for a few months.

I never liked Lennon from the start and never really rated him. Even when he was losing week in week out and alienating our best striker I still would have given him till the end of the season. Heck had a good first part season and is now getting hounded out by a section of the support having got to teh quarters of teh cup(can't do better at this stage) and 3 points from 6 in the league.

It’s both. The lack of form, awful people management and poor signings in his eyes was because Hibs weren’t spending big money on big players. He hated the lack of drive of the players he had and loved SJM who had his sights set high. Playing for Hibs was as high as some of his other players going to go. He didn’t like that.

He thought we should be matching Hearts’ spending. As financially illiterate as that may be, he didn’t want to be in charge of a team that finished fourth and felt Hibs could do far better. The board didn’t agree.