PDA

View Full Version : Match ratings

Kevvy1875
17-08-2019, 05:32 PM
Maxwell: Why was he starting? Not convinced. 4

Stevenson: looked like a player who hasn't played for a while. Mare at the end of 2nd half. 5

Hanlon: Not awful but not good enough either. Poor marking for cross balls. 5

McGregor: Done ok until forced off injured. 6

Gray: Some good runs when Hibs looked good in the first 30 mins, defended well enough until off again injured. 6

Vela: Scored a goal, other than that he was missing most of the match. Never had control of the game after first 30 mins: 4

Slivka: Tried hard but looked like a player lacking sharpness, fantastic spot and pass for Doidge. 6

Allan: Kept getting caught on the ball, some stray passes and some brilliant. Risk and reward usual play from him. 6

Horgan: Good assist and some good play in first 30mins, faded a bit after that and crossing became erratic. 6

Middleton: Decent assist and tried hard but was expecting a wee bit more in terms of pace and trickery. Finds good positions and first touch good. 5

Kamberi: MOM by a mile. 2 good goals and some other good chances, Also created some good openings with his positive running. Would have been beat today without him. 8

Jackson: See Hanlon and McGregor, no better or worse. Couple of decent long passes out wide. 5

Whittaker: Brought some much needed composure when in possession, we were just hoofing it at one point. 6

Murray: Unlucky not to score with header off the post. Positive play and good in possession. 6

Aim Here
17-08-2019, 06:02 PM
I think you could have docked a couple of points off Whittaker for the own goal, surely. I mean, I know it's just one mistake, but it's the one mistake that does get you marked down...

Squirrel 1875
17-08-2019, 06:04 PM
I think you could have docked a couple of points off Whittaker for the own goal, surely. I mean, I know it's just one mistake, but it's the one mistake that does get you marked down...

Was it a mistake? Looked like the ball was smashed straight at him..

Leith Green
17-08-2019, 06:10 PM
Thought Hanlon was really poor today. Gray and stevenson looked like players who hadnt played in a while. Vela and slivka didnt look great defensively. Middleton decent , good touch and bit of pace , horgan okay 1st half and kamberi our best player today.

MartinfaePorty
17-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Thought Murray ducked out of a header for the late equaliser and then looked injured after getting booted, with no foul given

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
17-08-2019, 06:25 PM

Sitting in the F5 upper had a great view of him taking a swipe at the ball. It coming off his shin & into our goal.

eastcoasthibby
17-08-2019, 06:25 PM

The goal came from Fraser Murray bottling out a header ..and the ball was volleyed into a good crowded area ..Whitty was the one that got a leg on it unfortunately ..for me it was Murray that lost us that goal !!

LaMotta
17-08-2019, 06:30 PM
The goal came from Fraser Murray bottling out a header ..and the ball was volleyed into a good crowded area ..Whitty was the one that got a leg on it unfortunately ..for me it was Murray that lost us that goal !!

Didnt look clever from Murray, although I think he was wary of going into hard and giving a penalty away, rather than bottling it.

Shanksaidno
17-08-2019, 06:35 PM
Didnt look clever from Murray, although I think he was wary of going into hard and giving a penalty away, rather than bottling it.

Not hibs but thought the morton no 10 nisbet was a cracking good player ... worth tracking

Kevvy1875
17-08-2019, 06:58 PM

Didn't realize this at the time. Would still give him a 6.

Kevvy1875
17-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Not hibs but thought the morton no 10 nisbet was a cracking good player ... worth tracking

Agreed, he was good for them today.

BoomtownHibees
17-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Was it no Murray that played the ball through for Doidge?

Squirrel 1875
17-08-2019, 07:09 PM

That’s how I saw it also.

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-08-2019, 07:12 PM
Was it no Murray that played the ball through for Doidge?
Slivka, was delightful.

LaMotta
17-08-2019, 07:19 PM

Was that the boy with the man bun?

Sheep_Nae_Mair
17-08-2019, 09:15 PM
Was that the boy with the man bun?

Yes.

CMac1988
17-08-2019, 09:49 PM
I'm not Slivka's biggest fan as he's far too easily posted missing, but he was involved in the build up to 3 of our goals today. Someone suggested his hoof up the park was aimless which ultimately led to Kamberi's goal, but I felt he placed it knowing that Kamberi had a chance to get it. Would like to see it again. Great ball to Dodge for the 5th and correct me if I'm wrong but he played a great cross down to Middleton which was then played on to Allan?

Needs to get more involved and track more feverishly.

The midfield done well going forward but didn't do much to help the defence who weren't covering themselves in too much glory.

hibsquaker
17-08-2019, 10:20 PM
First time I've seen us this season. Vela was anonymous. Swanning about and basically just passing it back. Like playing with 10. Most players looked unfit to me. There was nobody to take the game by the scruff of the neck. It feels like it's going to be a long hard season.

bookert
17-08-2019, 11:07 PM
I'm not Slivka's biggest fan as he's far too easily posted missing, but he was involved in the build up to 3 of our goals today. Someone suggested his hoof up the park was aimless which ultimately led to Kamberi's goal, but I felt he placed it knowing that Kamberi had a chance to get it. Would like to see it again. Great ball to Dodge for the 5th and correct me if I'm wrong but he played a great cross down to Middleton which was then played on to Allan?

The midfield done well going forward but didn't do much to help the defence who weren't covering themselves in too much glory.

The midfield is a worry. Never put a tackle in, leave the back four horribly exposed. Couple that with the poorest game I have ever seen Stevenson having (understandably so, first game this season) made for uncomfortable viewing.

Hibi
17-08-2019, 11:14 PM
First time I've seen us this season. Vela was anonymous. Swanning about and basically just passing it back. Like playing with 10. Most players looked unfit to me. There was nobody to take the game by the scruff of the neck. It feels like it's going to be a long hard season.

I agree, vela is the biggest worry for me at the minute. Expected much more from him. I think he’s missed a lot of training having left Bolton at the end of his contract, but he doesn’t look fit or interested. Our midfield as it stands don’t look capable of taking control of a game. Heckingbottom said it was a tough decision to let Milligan go, he would have liked to have kept him but wanted more legs. This guy doesn’t look like he has them at the minute.

Callum_62
17-08-2019, 11:21 PM
I agree, vela is the biggest worry for me at the minute. Expected much more from him. I think he’s missed a lot of training having left Bolton at the end of his contract, but he doesn’t look fit or interested. Our midfield as it stands don’t look capable of taking control of a game. Heckingbottom said it was a tough decision to let Milligan go, he would have liked to have kept him but wanted more legs. This guy doesn’t look like he has them at the minute.What makes him look disinterested?

Looks 1/2 yard off it but definately no qualms on his effort from me

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

at last 61
18-08-2019, 12:11 AM
Thought Maxwell was absolutely ***** hope that's his last game for us

Brightside
18-08-2019, 07:21 AM

The good stuff will be ignored. Same goes for all the players yesterday. Build up to all the goals was good quick attractive football.

coldingham hibs
18-08-2019, 07:28 AM

I thought the Morton number 19 (I think) had a very good game, Nicky Cadden. Gave Lewis a very difficult time.