PDA

View Full Version : Turnstiles

staunchhibby
17-08-2019, 01:48 PM
Looks like still having problems. Card scanned by stewards at disabled access

hibee_girl
17-08-2019, 01:51 PM
All turnstiles down in the East, we were told to go through the doors to get our card scanned.

The steward on the door didn’t even have a scanner, was just waving everyone through.

oconnors_strip
17-08-2019, 01:51 PM
East stand all doors are open and security using hand scanners of some don’t work properly 🙄

danhibees1875
17-08-2019, 01:57 PM
All turnstiles down in the East, we were told to go through the doors to get our card scanned.

The steward on the door didn’t even have a scanner, was just waving everyone through.

That's what happened to me too. Poor enough for a league game but a cup game is pretty poor.

Looked like they tried to reopen the turnstiles just there only for more problems and going back to using the exits for entry.

givescotlandfreedom
17-08-2019, 01:59 PM
Absolute shambles in West Lower

Since90+2
17-08-2019, 02:06 PM
The club are taking the absolute pish with this now.

.Sean.
17-08-2019, 04:04 PM
I could’ve screenshotted my ticket and sent it to a hundred folk
and we’d all have got in. Steward never even looked at my phone, just waved me in

Keith_M
17-08-2019, 04:36 PM
and we’d all have got in. Steward never even looked at my phone, just waved me in

In which case, it's possible the attendance was actually much higher than the roughly 6.5k they announced.

I personally think there was 50,000 at the game today. Get it right up ye, Yams!

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2019, 04:47 PM
With respect guys why don't you phone the club and tell them what's going on and loads of folks are unhappy about it

Chorley Hibee
17-08-2019, 05:01 PM
With respect guys why don't you phone the club and tell them what's going on and loads of folks are unhappy about it

I've emailed the club twice and been ignored on both occasions.

Chorley Hibee
17-08-2019, 05:02 PM

As for phoning them (as someone said earlier today on another thread) you'd be easier phoning the Oval Office.

B.H.F.C
17-08-2019, 05:32 PM

I think they’re well aware of the issues. Just uninterested.

KP the only person from the club to acknowledge it.

Kevvy1875
17-08-2019, 05:34 PM
6000+ at the game today. Imagine trying to use this 'system' when there are 15000+

Joke of a situation, get it sorted Hibs!

PatHead
17-08-2019, 05:41 PM
Didn't have a problem in the West Upper but not good enough.

Brightside
17-08-2019, 05:43 PM
The west worked fine

hibee_girl
17-08-2019, 05:45 PM

We said that too. Didn’t even look at our season tickets so she had no way of knowing if they were even for the east stand.

maturehibby
17-08-2019, 06:12 PM
West lower near the office end had major problems
Get a shut and the next one not taking season tickets
Leaving only two gates working .
Exit gate opened and people with paper tickets getting in only through it
Leaving the majority of fans to join large queues .
I missed the first 6 minutes and I was in front of a large queue behind me who still had to get in

jeffers
17-08-2019, 06:22 PM
The west worked fine

No it didn't, my downloaded ticket refused to scan despite numerous attempts, nor did the ticket of the guy behind me. I had to physically hand my phone to the steward operating the turnstile for him to manually scan it. Luckily there were no queues today.

mcfly
17-08-2019, 06:27 PM
This is a big issue that the club need to address ASAP.

Ignoring e mails is not good customer service.

Not just the product on the pitch that is sub standard at the moment.

Not good enough hibs

J-C
17-08-2019, 07:03 PM
I pulled out my season ticket and the girl just looked at it and waved me through, if I knew that was going to happen I wouldn't gave paid for my seat.

Hibeesmad
17-08-2019, 07:04 PM
East was a joke

H18 SFR
17-08-2019, 07:25 PM
I think the time has come for the fans to raise an official grievence with the club through our fans reps regarding the access issues.

There must be something we can do to officially raise our significant concerns?

Golden Bear
17-08-2019, 07:26 PM
My neighbour had today's game added to his season ticket but it didn't work as he tried to get in at the upper west turnstile. The guy ended up having to buy a match ticket and will need to sort it out himself with the office staff. Far from good enough.

bingo70
17-08-2019, 07:28 PM
No it didn't, my downloaded ticket refused to scan despite numerous attempts, nor did the ticket of the guy behind me. I had to physically hand my phone to the steward operating the turnstile for him to manually scan it. Luckily there were no queues today.

Also not all turnstiles were open.

The system was fine last year, why are we mucking about with a new expensive system?

Is this why we can’t get a new midfielder?

overdrive
17-08-2019, 07:29 PM
It was handheld scanners in the FF Upper East Side. They said the system wasn’t working at all. Seems we’ve implemented a dud system. I wonder how much this costing in terms of needing more input from the stewarding company.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2019, 07:30 PM

Shocking that!

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2019, 07:34 PM
Also not all turnstiles were open.

The system was fine last year, why are we mucking about with a new expensive system?

Is this why we can’t get a new midfielder?

+ 100K for a CCTV system

Groathillgrump
17-08-2019, 07:38 PM
Once again my Season Ticket card for West Upper wouldn't scan (turnstile 12 this time.) A hand appeared from under the scanner and took my card to be scanned manually.

Wish they'd kept the previous system as it seemed to work well.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2019, 07:43 PM
People don't need to bring this to Hibs attention. They are well aware of what is going on. For whatever reason they are choosing not to comment beyond Kieran's, very much appreciated, posts on here.

We have had weeks to get this right, including 'soft openings' at the 2 LC group games. It's probably not even the club to blame but they are the point of contact to the end user so should be communicating about the issues.

greenlex
17-08-2019, 07:43 PM
+ 100K for a CCTV system
This I can answer. It’s because some aresholes in our “support” cannot behave themselves.

I suspect the change in scanning is to collect more information from the new QR code rather than the previous barcode.

Golden Bear
17-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Once again my Season Ticket card for West Upper wouldn't scan (turnstile 12 this time.) A hand appeared from under the scanner and took my card to be scanned manually.

Wish they'd kept the previous system as it seemed to work well.

I had difficulty as well. It eventually scanned but it was so much easier last year, or any previous year in fact.

ronaldo7
17-08-2019, 10:17 PM
Had Petrie presided over this debacle, this place would have been in meltdown.

Dempster needs to get the finger out.

Absolute shambles.

marinello59
17-08-2019, 10:23 PM

Absolute shambles.

Agreed. I felt sorry for the guys on the gates today.

Glory Lurker
17-08-2019, 10:24 PM

Absolute shambles.

Who is this Dempster of whom you speak?

Scouse Hibee
17-08-2019, 10:35 PM
Our two ST’s scanned first time no problem for West Upper turnstile 12.

Hibby70
17-08-2019, 10:42 PM
West Lower 13/14 ok for us

ronaldo7
17-08-2019, 11:53 PM
Who is this Dempster of whom you speak?

She used to post on here. 😂

Power
18-08-2019, 12:42 AM

Cheers for flagging everyone.

I’ve mentioned a few times, directly and at board meetings, I’m disappointed we’re not fixed by yet.

Will be my main focus tomorrow and this week - we’re really lucky we haven’t had a demanding 18k+ crowd yet.

Hermit Crab
18-08-2019, 01:32 AM
Absolute shambles in West Lower

Got through turnstiles no bother.

Smartie
18-08-2019, 04:36 AM
Whilst we've all formed the opinions we have about what happened to the Sevco fans outside Rugby Park the other week, I think it can be a recipe for disaster having thousands of fans locked outside football grounds with valid tickets to get in.

Hibs need to get this sorted pronto.

Having said that, I've not experienced any problems so far although I've done the exact opposite of what the club has asked - I've pitched up late, got a ticket at the pods and been waved through an open door. If I'd been earlier and done what they'd asked it would have been even worse.

JimBHibees
18-08-2019, 06:08 AM
It was handheld scanners in the FF Upper East Side. They said the system wasn’t working at all. Seems we’ve implemented a dud system. I wonder how much this costing in terms of needing more input from the stewarding company.

The west stand side of ff upper. Turned up 5 mins before start and both turnstiles were shut told to go through disabled door for lower section where steward hand scanned tickets. Sounds like situation is getting worse. Really lucky we haven't had a bigger game thus far.

greenlex
18-08-2019, 06:13 AM

I’ve mentioned a few times, directly and at board meetings, I’m disappointed we’re not fixed by yet.

Will be my main focus tomorrow and this week - we’re really lucky we haven’t had a demanding 18k+ crowd yet.
The situation isn’t helped by the turnstiles opening later either. Ten past yesterday. Ok it’s only ten minutes but if it was a bigger crowd the knock on effect could be substantial.

SANH 1875
18-08-2019, 06:30 AM
west lower for me, card didn't scan so steward advised me to 'wiggle it a bit'. It worked after that so the message from Hibs is 'Keep calm and wiggle'

nellio
18-08-2019, 07:01 AM
I emailed the ticket office because my season card won't scan. Tried 2 turnstiles both times would not scan at either the turnstile or the steward behind it with hand held scanner.

Email back basically said that if it's the following barcode 123456 then there is nothing wrong with it.

I told them it won't scan so clearly there is something wrong. I asked for a few card which they sent me.

Couldn't try my new card out because all the turnstiles were closed and just got waived through!!

Total shambles.

green day
18-08-2019, 07:05 AM
The situation isn’t helped by the turnstiles opening later either. Ten past yesterday. Ok it’s only ten minutes but if it was a bigger crowd the knock on effect could be substantial.

Ten past - as in, ten past 2?

Not having a pop but I had no idea turnstiles were open that early anyway :greengrin

Tunstile software must have fallen apart "again" yesterday - My ST (West upper) didnt scan but the boy just clicked the gate open.

Hilarious stuff when a bigger team come to town !!

SON OF PADDY
18-08-2019, 07:07 AM
The west worked fine

Same here !
West lower scanned my ST no problem at all.😊

Allant1981
18-08-2019, 07:10 AM

Not having a pop but I had no idea turnstiles were open that early anyway :greengrin

Tunstile software must have fallen apart "again" yesterday - My ST (West upper) didnt scan but the boy just clicked the gate open.

They have opened at 2 since I started going about 25 years ago!!

SON OF PADDY
18-08-2019, 07:12 AM

Walked up at 2.45 scanned ST no problems what's so ever.

oneone73
18-08-2019, 07:12 AM

Same here and Gate 23, West Upper. Needn't have bothered buying a ticket.

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2019, 07:14 AM
I was turned away from my usual turnstile, as that was paper tickets only?

Eyrie
18-08-2019, 09:33 AM

I appreciate the hard work you're doing on our behalf here, but the least the club could do is put out an official statement acknowledging the problem.

Daydreamer
18-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Spoke to one of the supervisors yesterday regarding how to use the new bar code at the turnstiles. He actually stood with me and showed me the correct way to use my season ticket which I never knew. Put the card in with the scan here code to the reader then slightly turn the bar code upwards and draw the card towards you.

Low and behold this worked as you draw the season card out. Amazing:wink:.

HappyAsHellas
18-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Spoke to one of the supervisors yesterday regarding how to use the new bar code at the turnstiles. He actually stood with me and showed me the correct way to use my season ticket which I never knew. Put the card in with the scan here code to the reader then slightly turn the bar code upwards and draw the card towards you.

Low and behold this worked as you draw the season card out. Amazing:wink:.

We're only wanting to watch Hibs, it shouldn't be like an episode the crystal maze.