PDA

View Full Version : Players who made the right move from Hibs at the right time

Northernhibee
17-08-2019, 12:37 PM
Seeing Cummings struggle to find a manager up north who'll take him and Fyvie signing for Cove (although that's largely down to having some bad injuries), it struck me how much rarer it is for a player to make the right move at the right time to the right club.

The obvious one is John McGinn. Could have moved a season earlier but stuck with us and got his big move. Was ready to play at a bigger club and is now being talked about going to Man Utd for £50m.

On the other end of the scale, James Collins and Mark Oxley both found themselves struggling by being on the wrong end of the boo boys and got out after one season each. Both doing well at their new clubs and their careers are undoubtedly back on track.

Eoin Doyle as well - good striker for us, made a move to Cheltenham, scored a ludicrous amount of goals and although it didn't work for him at Cardiff, he got a good pay day from it.

MSK
17-08-2019, 12:39 PM
Des Bremner to Aston Villa european cup winner

KWJ
17-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Scott Brown

Since452
17-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Andy Goram

Pretty Boy
17-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Seeing Cummings struggle to find a manager up north who'll take him and Fyvie signing for Cove (although that's largely down to having some bad injuries), it struck me how much rarer it is for a player to make the right move at the right time to the right club.

The obvious one is John McGinn. Could have moved a season earlier but stuck with us and got his big move. Was ready to play at a bigger club and is now being talked about going to Man Utd for £50m.

On the other end of the scale, James Collins and Mark Oxley both found themselves struggling by being on the wrong end of the boo boys and got out after one season each. Both doing well at their new clubs and their careers are undoubtedly back on track.

Eoin Doyle as well - good striker for us, made a move to Cheltenham, scored a ludicrous amount of goals and although it didn't work for him at Cardiff, he got a good pay day from it.

Oxley was here for 2 seasons.

In answer to the question. Steven Fletcher has had a good career. Not going to Celtic the season before he did leave worked out well for him.

Northernhibee
17-08-2019, 12:51 PM
Scott Brown

I disagree with that one, he could have gone much further and been a much better footballer.

mayo hibee
17-08-2019, 02:37 PM
I disagree with that one, he could have gone much further and been a much better footballer.

Would have been a good move if he'd stayed two or three years in Glasgow and moved on from there. That he is still at Celtic all these years later shows that serious underachievement that his career turned out to be. Loads of silverware but a virtual unknown outside of Scottish football.

thegaffer12
17-08-2019, 02:38 PM
John McGinn

Hi Heid Yin
17-08-2019, 08:36 PM

Eoin is now plying his trade with Swindon Town and on his debut earlier today scored the equalising goal against Exeter City. A point which kept The Town top of division 2.

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Ricardo Vaz Te

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2019, 08:40 PM
Colin Stein

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Peter Cormack

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Gordon Durie

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Gordon Smith

The_Horde
17-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Big Fletch. Whitty too.

Crammond Hibee
17-08-2019, 08:55 PM

I disagree

Fantastic career

hfc rd
17-08-2019, 08:56 PM
Kevin Thomson. 1st move to Rangers

erin go bragh
17-08-2019, 09:21 PM
De La Cruz did no bad when he was sold to Villa ( Think )
Played in the premiership for a good few seasons .

The 90+2
17-08-2019, 09:38 PM
Clayton Donaldson wasn’t getting a look in.

Dobbie going part time saved his career.

The 90+2
17-08-2019, 09:38 PM
De La Cruz did no bad when he was sold to Villa ( Think )
Played in the premiership for a good few seasons .

He was bought and sold for the WC 2002.

Stokesy's on fire
17-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Hartley.....sorry

Risboro Hibby
17-08-2019, 10:06 PM
John Collins

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2019, 11:06 PM
Players I could not understand leaving us :

Gordon Chisholm to Dundee

Willie Miller our radge full back to Dundee

I mean......

:wtf:

bawheid
17-08-2019, 11:07 PM
Players I could not understand leaving

Willie Miller our radge full back to Dundee

I mean......

:wtf:

Jumped off the sinking ship alongside Darren Dods.

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2019, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=bawheid;5893644]Jumped off the sinking ship alongside Darren Dods.[/QUOTE

:agree:

superfurryhibby
17-08-2019, 11:13 PM
Pat Stanton. Got his League and Scottish cup winners medals and no tickets ne would grudge that.

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2019, 11:25 PM
Pat Stanton. Got his League and Scottish cup winners medals and no tickets ne would grudge that.

No Hibby would grudge him that

Legend!

:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

Smartie
18-08-2019, 04:43 AM
Jumped off the sinking ship alongside Darren Dods.

Dods, Miller and Andy Dow will forever be the rats who jumped the sinking ship. Dods and Dow in particular were far from our best players.

A bit out of character for Miller tbh who was a good, wholehearted player for us and disappeared after leaving us.