PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie NHC

Moulin Yarns
17-08-2019, 11:19 AM
Former Scottish Cup winner Fraser Fyvie Playing for Cove Rangers until January.

marinello59
17-08-2019, 11:21 AM
That move was rumoured before the end of last season, I thought it wasn’t going to happen. Paul Hartley is the manager there, they have money to spend.

04Sauzee
17-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Former Scottish Cup winner Fraser Fyvie Playing for Cove Rangers until January.

Heard from someone I have no reason to doubt that cove were talking to him a while ago and were offering him a very good wage

Moulin Yarns
17-08-2019, 11:27 AM
As an aside, if Hibs ever get Cove away in a cup tie there is a decent hotel bar not far away. Altens hotel.

Northernhibee
17-08-2019, 11:29 AM
Heard from someone I have no reason to doubt that cove were talking to him a while ago and were offering him a very good wage

They're well backed and they can also offer a player a full time job at a director's company. :agree:

Billy Whizz
17-08-2019, 11:32 AM
As an aside, if Hibs ever get Cove away in a cup tie there is a decent hotel bar not far away. Altens hotel.

The old Skean Dhu?

Moulin Yarns
17-08-2019, 11:34 AM
The old Skean Dhu?

Beside a roundabout, think so.

Northernhibee
17-08-2019, 11:37 AM
A Thai couple also run a Thai food van which does fantastic Thai food down that way too. Their chicken jungle curry will cure a broken leg, never mind a cold.

Billy Whizz
17-08-2019, 11:46 AM
Beside a roundabout, think so.

Used to have an outside pool too, haven’t stayed in it for 15 years or so

Diclonius
17-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Aberdeen fans will be raging one of their own has gone and signed for their hated city rivals.

1van Sprou7e
17-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Such a strange career he has had, he's only 26!

Really cocked up by not staying at Hibs though

Swedish hibee
17-08-2019, 08:49 PM
Someone so young, with FA cup & scottish cup medals, how has this happened?

ballengeich
17-08-2019, 08:53 PM

Had some injuries. If I signed him his wage would be heavily weighted to appearance money.

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2019, 08:58 PM
well i liked FF :agree:

tamig
17-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Such a strange career he has had, he's only 26!

Really cocked up by not staying at Hibs though

I think he’ll regret that for the rest of his career. Loved life in Edinburgh and he could have been a very important player for us now.

Hibeesmad
17-08-2019, 09:07 PM
A month ago I thought we could/would get better. Now I think that we could do with him. What a time to be alive.

marinello59
17-08-2019, 09:08 PM
The old Skean Dhu?

Aye.

Stokesy's on fire
17-08-2019, 09:58 PM
A Thai couple also run a Thai food van which does fantastic Thai food down that way too. Their chicken jungle curry will cure a broken leg, never mind a cold.

Westhill wok by any chance?

Stokesy's on fire
17-08-2019, 09:59 PM

Because cove pay good money despite being league 2. Also he will have some sort of job tied in with the deal.

majorhibs
17-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Fraser fyvie was brian Hamilton reincarnated, all endeavour & not enough end product. You want to support a team that beats your rivals, you need the winner, not the guy who can’t do the basics, who constantly messes up good moves, who makes decent teammates look poor due to inability. For me they were absolute drains on the talent around them cos they couldn’t do the basics & continuously gave away possession which put Hibs on the back foot due to their inability. In short, I thought both of them were terrible, & cost us SO SO many games. Absolute mince players. Sorry. But they were crap & dragged decent teams with potential down to their level cos they were mates & liked.

bawheid
17-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Fraser fyvie was brian Hamilton reincarnated, all endeavour & not enough end product. You want to support a team that beats your rivals, you need the winner, not the guy who can’t do the basics, who constantly messes up good moves, who makes decent teammates look poor due to inability. For me they were absolute drains on the talent around them cos they couldn’t do the basics & continuously gave away possession which put Hibs on the back foot due to their inability. In short, I thought both of them were terrible, & cost us SO SO many games. Absolute mince players. Sorry. But they were crap & dragged decent teams with potential down to their level cos they were mates & liked.

Thanks for that.

Diclonius
17-08-2019, 10:36 PM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/480/cpsprodpb/158DC/production/_108348288_fyviecup.jpg

stoneyburn hibs
17-08-2019, 10:39 PM

Jest gonnae no.

CloudSquall
17-08-2019, 10:43 PM
I liked FF and wanted him to stay at the time, what was the deal again? He got offered a contract and he waited too long and then it got taken away?

tamig
17-08-2019, 10:55 PM
What a bizarre view. Incredible.

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2019, 11:01 PM
Shudda just signed

What I remember he was waiting hoping to move to the Sheep probably for family reasons waited too long and Lenny used up his money on someone else

Never trust MacInnes :greengrin

Might be talking pish not ITK

Shudda just signed

Scottish Cup winning legend

:not worth

MWHIBBIES
17-08-2019, 11:06 PM

Excellent player in an excellent side.

Brian Hamilton - cup winner
Fraser Fyvie - cup winner

They dragged the teams down so much they achieved things that will last forever and are the best days Hibs have ever seen

stoneyburn hibs
17-08-2019, 11:08 PM
Can't argue with that summary. Well said. MW

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2019, 11:11 PM

They dragged the teams down so much they achieved things that will last forever and are the best days Hibs have ever seen

:agree:

Greencore
17-08-2019, 11:16 PM
Good signing for Cove. He will fit nicely with them. FF is a hibs cup winning legend. Will look out for Cove now.

KeithTheHibby
17-08-2019, 11:23 PM

Drugs are bad.

The 90+2
17-08-2019, 11:29 PM
Good luck Fraser. He’s a hero - also a brilliant footballer.

The 90+2
17-08-2019, 11:29 PM
Drugs are bad.

Well done being so polite mate 👍

KeithTheHibby
17-08-2019, 11:33 PM
Well done being so polite mate 👍

It was tough trust me👍🏻😂

The 90+2
17-08-2019, 11:34 PM
It was tough trust me👍🏻😂

:greengrin

RIP
17-08-2019, 11:39 PM
Fraser Fyvie was one of my favourite Hibs players over the past five years

The 90+2
17-08-2019, 11:44 PM
Fraser Fyvie was one of my favourite Hibs players over the past five years

He deserves every ounce of respect. He was a terrific player for us.

Greencore
17-08-2019, 11:52 PM
He deserves every ounce of respect. He was a terrific player for us.

Imagine if he never played stokes through in the 89th minute to win That corner... He could've took a shot but passed.

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2019, 11:56 PM
Imagine if he never played stokes through in the 89th minute to win That corner... He could've took a shot but passed.

Thought Stokes had scored tbh so did he !

BILLYHIBS
18-08-2019, 12:07 AM

:wtf:

Anyone that played in the team that would not die that won the 1991/92 League Cup /Skol Cup Final will tell you that Brian Hamilton was the water carrier the box to box midfielder the John McGinn that did all the unheralded hard work for all the superstars indeed I remember a 30 yard drive after a lung bursting run that hit the post second half such was his desire to be a “ winner” after Lexos half time team talk

Legend!

bigwheel
18-08-2019, 03:37 AM

Players that play those roles are essential to most football teams...both were good players.....also you have a poor memory, as those players often won back and retained possession, for other more forward going players around them...

If you were to ask their team mates what they thought of them, you would get a hugely positive view....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
18-08-2019, 04:00 AM

a couple of Minor demotions for you, Major

Allant1981
18-08-2019, 06:06 AM

Why do you bother posting on here, every single post is negative regardless of the topic, usually the tone is very aggressive as well. No doubt you will also have an angry reply to everyone that has replied to your very bizarre post slso.

SquashedFrogg
18-08-2019, 06:52 AM

Spent ages trying to think of a reasoned response to your detailed analysis but I'm struggling.

theonlywayisup
18-08-2019, 08:21 AM

What a load of rubbish!

I always thought of FF was an important member of our cup winning team midfield. I recall many games up to the Morton away game when he was excellent. It was noticeable that the injury he sustained at the end of the game was the catalyst for us going on a run of poor form that ultimately resulted in us dropping too many points to allow The Rangers to free wheel to the title.

Thankfully he was back by the Scottish Cup Final.

I really struggle to understand why any Hibs fan would take the time to write such rubbish about the legends who won the cup for us.

Phil MaGlass
18-08-2019, 09:29 AM

👍

hibbyfraelibby
18-08-2019, 07:42 PM
He's signed for Cove because they have wealthy backers who offered him a good deal as part of their strategy to climb the leagues quickly and reep the benefits of Aberdeen moving out to the back of nowhere peeling off a chunk of their fan base in an expanding area of the city

One Day
18-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Good luck to him

we are hibs
18-08-2019, 08:28 PM
I didnt rate him either but i wish him all the best. He played well in the final and we have had worse midfielders. Ill personally always remember him for the pass for stevensons volley at ibrox. What a night that was

offshorehibby
18-08-2019, 08:33 PM
The old Skean Dhu?

Was it not a Thisle hotel. There were 2 Skean Dhus at the airport. One at maint entrance which is now Jurys Inn and one at the Dyce side which is now the Hallmark, it's more a motel type place.

Oh, and good luck to FF always liked him.

allmodcons
18-08-2019, 08:33 PM
I'm hearing Fraser Fyvie is on £800 per week. Paul Hartley on £60k per annum.

Cove are spending serious money. IMO it will all end in tears.

marinello59
18-08-2019, 08:42 PM
Was it not a Thisle hotel. There were 2 Skean Dhus at the airport. One at maint entrance which is now Jurys Inn and one at the Dyce side which is now the Hallmark, it's more a motel type place.

Oh, and good luck to FF always liked him.

It was a Thistle. I thought it was the third Skean Dh before that. The Jury’s Inn one at the airport had the outside pool.

BILLYHIBS
18-08-2019, 09:12 PM
Fraser Fyvie has an FA Cup winners medal and a Scottish Cup winners medal he must have been doing something right

If he had just signed he would still be here

I sometimes wonder if Lenny didnae fancy him

FilipinoHibs
19-08-2019, 04:48 AM
I didnt rate him either but i wish him all the best. He played well in the final and we have had worse midfielders. Ill personally always remember him for the pass for stevensons volley at ibrox. What a night that was

He was a great wee player with a great engine. The occasional wayward pass when he tried to defence split and us others say without him we would still be hurting. Great pass to Stokes to force the corner that gave us so much glory and happiness. Thank you FF.

.Sean.
19-08-2019, 06:53 AM
Seen some ***** posts over my years of posting and congratulations, cause that’s right up the very top with the ‘best’ of them

lyonhibs
19-08-2019, 02:38 PM

Absolutely incredible :faf::faf:

Malthibby
19-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Fraser Fyvie has an FA Cup winners medal and a Scottish Cup winners medal he must have been doing something right

If he had just signed he would still be here

I sometimes wonder if Lenny didnae fancy him

Agree. He might have been a bit daft initially but I was very sorry he didn't keep him.

JimBHibees
19-08-2019, 03:25 PM
Seen some ***** posts over my years of posting and congratulations, cause that’s right up the very top with the ‘best’ of them

Certainly in the top 3. :greengrin

GreenOnions
19-08-2019, 03:55 PM

Ha, ha :-D

Bright_Hibee
19-08-2019, 05:59 PM
Best wishes to him. Good servant for us and helped us to win the cup. That alone should see him held in high regard. Hope he stays fit and can enjoy the rest of his career 🙂

Heckys Wheel
19-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Hibs legend. Good luck to him.

Bronson
19-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Some amount of nonsense on this thread, think a few of you have selective memories. Fraser fyvie was woeful bar a decent first 6 months in his first season. There’s a reason he’s ended up at cove rangers. If he was still anywhere near good enough for hibs he would not be at a team who were playing in the highland league last season, simple as that.

Astonished at how many of you rated him.

HappyAsHellas
19-08-2019, 08:07 PM
Fyvie was the guy all the defenders looked to to take the ball and start moves, something he did regularly. Why people can't see what a vital part of the team this is is beyond me, or maybe I know bugger all about football.

Kato
19-08-2019, 08:10 PM
Fyvie was the guy all the defenders looked to to take the ball and start moves, something he did regularly. Why people can't see what a vital part of the team this is is beyond me, or maybe I know bugger all about football.

It does seem to be blind spot among some people who attend games.

"Water carrier", "unseen work".

Never seen any of those players carrying water and what they do is right in front of you. If you get a good one, and the best I ever saw was Pat Stanton, it makes everyone else on the pitch jobs' easier.

theonlywayisup
19-08-2019, 08:40 PM
Some amount of nonsense on this thread, think a few of you have selective memories. Fraser fyvie was woeful bar a decent first 6 months in his first season. There’s a reason he’s ended up at cove rangers. If he was still anywhere near good enough for hibs he would not be at a team who were playing in the highland league last season, simple as that.

Some amount of nonsense you post, think it's you that has selective memory. Fraser Fyvie was excellent in many games. Have a look at Hibs record in the games after he got injured against Morton away. We went on a run of loses that ultimately meant The Rangers free wheeled to the title.

Astonished you don't rate him, when majority on this thread do.

Opinions eh!

The Baldmans Comb
19-08-2019, 08:48 PM

Now I tended to think he was a bit overrated myself and I didn't think it was all that great a loss when there was the confusion over renewing his contract but your assessment is garbage.

It really is.

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2019, 08:51 PM

I attended every single game in his 2nd and 3rd seasons. He was anything but woeful. So woeful we won the cup and got promoted? How is that possible with a woeful player playing every week?

He is world class, that is why he won the FA Cup. See how easy it is to just make blanket statements? Him being at cove now has nothing to do with how good he was for Hibs.

Astonished that 95% of people can think something and you don't even question that you might be incorrect for being in the 5%

Bronson
19-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Some amount of nonsense you post, think it's you that has selective memory. Fraser Fyvie was excellent in many games. Have a look at Hibs record in the games after he got injured against Morton away. We went on a run of loses that ultimately meant The Rangers free wheeled to the title.

Astonished you don't rate him, when majority on this thread do.

Opinions eh!

Gave the ball away far too often. Didn’t really offer anything actually. Wasn’t a goal threat, wasn’t a tough-tackling midfielder, didn’t control the tempo, no real eye for a pass.

Sorry to bash the guy here but I just don’t understand the love-in.

Hiber-nation
19-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Decent Championship player. Surely nothing more or less.

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Decent Championship player. Surely nothing more or less.

How can a guy who played in most games in runs to both cup finals, including a really good performance in a winning final only be a decent championship player? Is he a decent championship player but a wonderful major cup competition player?

we are hibs
19-08-2019, 09:16 PM
I attended every single game in his 2nd and 3rd seasons. He was anything but woeful. So woeful we won the cup and got promoted? How is that possible with a woeful player playing every week?

He is world class, that is why he won the FA Cup. See how easy it is to just make blanket statements? Him being at cove now has nothing to do with how good he was for Hibs.

Astonished that 95% of people can think something and you don't even question that you might be incorrect for being in the 5%

Being in a majority doesnt make you right. Thats a flawed way of thinking.

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2019, 09:19 PM
Being in a majority doesnt make you right. Thats a flawed way of thinking.

Being in such an overwhealming majority that includes the highly regarded managers who consistently played him probably does, though.

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Fraser Fyvie:

2014/15 Played 17 won 12 Drew 0 Lost 5
*2015/16 Played 32 won 20 Drew 5 Lost 7
2016/17 Played 28 won 15 Drew 9 Lost 4

Total. Played 77 won 47 Drew 14 Lost 16

* 2015/16

Out injured September February and March
Probably a contributory factor to us just falling short in the title race

bigwheel
19-08-2019, 09:30 PM
How can a guy who played in most games in runs to both cup finals, including a really good performance in a winning final only be a decent championship player? Is he a decent championship player but a wonderful major cup competition player?

There is a bit of a “Lewis” thing for some people with Fyvie...I think some people like the more technical players..those who can dribble, thread some passes, smash into tackles. They see the more obvious contributions, and don’t notice what others do ....Fyvie was a player’s player. Always available for the ball, even if he was not performing. A player you love to have in your team. Better tackler and passer than many recognised...good game awareness and two good feet...a good pro, who seems to have been restricted in recent seasons by injuries. If he gets fit again, would not be surprised to see him back in the top flight. I also liked him as a player...wish him all the very best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smartie
19-08-2019, 09:38 PM
I like a player who has the guts and spirit to get on the ball repeatedly. Fyvie did that. Every now and again players who do that will give it away.

Whilst he was with us he was as big a part of the team as McGinn and McGeouch were and we missed him big time when he was out with injury.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and to like or dislike players, but I'm gobsmacked at some of the negativity being expressed about Fyvie right now.

And to put it this way - if he was as fit now as he was when he was with us, I'd be signing him and putting him straight into our team.

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Gave the ball away far too often. Didn’t really offer anything actually. Wasn’t a goal threat, wasn’t a tough-tackling midfielder, didn’t control the tempo, no real eye for a pass.

Sorry to bash the guy here but I just don’t understand the love-in.

https://youtu.be/vObiSaF7gaM

Not bad for a player that cannae tackle

majorhibs
19-08-2019, 10:10 PM
Fyvie tried but for whatever reason like Hamilton all those years ago, the basics eluded him. Big time at crucial times. Endeavours admirable but with not much basic ability the TEAM miss out. Sorry but yer man here, released by Hibs Utd & all else since, has a level. Pity you like him so much you cant see it!

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2019, 10:13 PM
Fyvie tried but for whatever reason like Hamilton all those years ago, the basics eluded him. Big time at crucial times. Endeavours admirable but with not much basic ability the TEAM miss out. Sorry but yer man here, released by Hibs Utd & all else since, has a level. Pity you like him so much you cant see it!
:faf: okay

When were these big times he let us down? Tell me exactly how the team suffered from having him?

Why would I like him if he wasn't a good player? Why would I like a bad player who offered nothing?

DMH0762
19-08-2019, 10:28 PM

Did Hibs release him ?? My understanding is they offered him a contract which he dithered over, hoping for a better offer perhaps, and as a result the club because of his reluctance to sign pulled the offer.

majorhibs
19-08-2019, 10:29 PM
:faf: okay

When were these big times he let us down? Tell me exactly how the team suffered from having him?

Why would I like him if he wasn't a good player? Why would I like a bad player who offered nothing?

You, mate, couldnae trap a bag ae cement! Ye couldnae, wi yer teammate flying next tae ye, find him wi a pass. Infuriatingly you’d win the baw then give it away when it was easier to find a teammate! You’d work loads but your FINAL ball, or the basics ae fitba, you just couldnae complete. You had V good performers all around you, & the end product was not where it needed cos there was someone V popular but NOT contributing to standard of other G players, OR standard reqd. (But we aw liked him) Hamilton. Get the idiot specs off & look at the players & team around him! & imagine what might have been won without A. Millers 8 yr love child playing??? A TOP midfielder then, I think would have been glory years! But you all know better eh? Hamilton who won what? Fyvie? Imagine a better player in there who can actually pass to a teammate. Scary how much better imo.

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2019, 10:35 PM
You, mate, couldnae trap a bag ae cement! Ye couldnae, wi yer teammate flying next tae ye, find him wi a pass. Infuriatingly you’d win the baw then give it away when it was easier to find a teammate! You’d work loads but your FINAL ball, or the basics ae fitba, you just couldnae complete. You had V good performers all around you, & the end product was not where it needed cos there was someone V popular but NOT contributing to standard of other G players, OR standard reqd. (But we aw liked him) Hamilton. Get the idiot specs off & look at the players & team around him! & imagine what might have been won without A. Millers 8 yr love child playing??? A TOP midfielder then, I think would have been glory years! But you all know better eh? Hamilton who won what? Fyvie? Imagine a better player in there who can actually pass to a teammate. Scary how much better imo.

As expected, a load of absolute waffle.

Hibs would not have won anything more without Fyvie. We'd probably have won the league cup had he started in place of Thomson.

majorhibs
19-08-2019, 10:38 PM

Short answers, eh? You know zilch & yer patters mince!

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2019, 10:38 PM

Brian Hamilton

Scottish League Cup winner 1991/92

Scottish Cup Winner 1987

Fraser Fyvie

FA Cup winner 2013

Scottish Cup winner 2016

Scottish Championship winner 2017

Do you notice the common denominator in the above?

Winner

Sometimes people go to the football and fail to appreciate what is happening before their very eyes or comprehend or understand the individual qualities that each individual player brings to the group be it work rate stamina enthusiasm hard work their endeavours go almost unnoticed under the radar Brian Hamilton and Fraser Fyvie were two such players

Another example would be John McGinn but at the opposite end of the spectrum

It is doubtful if we will ever be able to replace him

I for one will be eternally grateful to Fraser Fyvie for the way he played that day in May 2016 s#### player or no!

majorhibs
19-08-2019, 10:41 PM

Hibs would not have won anything more without Fyvie. We'd probably have won the league cup had he started in place of Thomson.

Fyvie was a tenacious man short if you wanted next level. Hence he’s mulling over La Liga or Serie A the now!

MagicSwirlingShip
19-08-2019, 10:49 PM
The Fyvie we had during the Championship years would walk into our current midfield. Not sure about how he’s faring now after a few bad injuries.

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Did Hibs release him ?? My understanding is they offered him a contract which he dithered over, hoping for a better offer perhaps, and as a result the club because of his reluctance to sign pulled the offer.
:agree:

Allant1981
20-08-2019, 06:12 AM

You actually understood that?

BILLYHIBS
20-08-2019, 06:14 AM
You actually understood that?

:greengrin

we are hibs
20-08-2019, 06:55 AM
Being in such an overwhealming majority that includes the highly regarded managers who consistently played him probably does, though.

He played under 2 managers at Hibs. One signed him and one released him. If he was as good as made out Hibs wouldnt have withdrawn the offer. See McGeouch as an example, he took longer to decide than Fyvie yet the contract remained on the table until he signed for Sunderland. If he was that good we wouldve waited. We didnt miss him at all the following season as much as some claimed we would either. Infact the following season we ended up with one of the best midfields in most of our lifetime.

Allant1981
20-08-2019, 07:09 AM
He played under 2 managers at Hibs. One signed him and one released him. If he was as good as made out Hibs wouldnt have withdrawn the offer. See McGeouch as an example, he took longer to decide than Fyvie yet the contract remained on the table until he signed for Sunderland. If he was that good we wouldve waited. We didnt miss him at all the following season as much as some claimed we would either. Infact the following season we ended up with one of the best midfields in most of our lifetime.

No one released him, his contract expired and he didnt sign the new contract that was offered,if he wasnt that good a player we wouldnt have offered him a contract in the first place. Does it matter that mcgeouchs deal was available for longer, that's just like barcelona having messi's contract available longer than busquests, one player is clearly better than the other but doesnt mean the other is not a good player

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2019, 07:17 AM
Good luck to him I say. Maybe he's just in a really good place in his life and this suits him perfectly?

Since452
20-08-2019, 07:17 AM

I've said it on here before i actually thought at the time it was a poor ball and i was raging at him. He took too long to play it and Stokes had to slow down to receive it. If it was a better ball we might not have scored from it so couldn't give a monkeys!

we are hibs
20-08-2019, 07:20 AM
No one released him, his contract expired and he didnt sign the new contract that was offered,if he wasnt that good a player we wouldnt have offered him a contract in the first place. Does it matter that mcgeouchs deal was available for longer, that's just like barcelona having messi's contract available longer than busquests, one player is clearly better than the other but doesnt mean the other is not a good player

If his contract wasnt renewed then he was released. Lets not split hairs.

It matters in the sense that people keep describing Fyvie as great and this and that but he obviously couldnt have been that great if we werent willing to wait. He came in, done alright, became a hibs legend and left. We didnt go on a downward spiral once he left and there werent games where people came away from them thinking "we missed Fyvie today". People are saying they wouldve taken him in midfield now on the basis that our recruitement in midfield has been poor for the last 3 windows.

Barman Stanton
20-08-2019, 07:26 AM
Some absolute nonsense on this thread. For one thing Fyvie hardly ever gave the ball away, thats what he was good at. He kept the ball moving, did the simple things very easily. No hollywood balls etc, but brought others into play.

But really, why the need to insult one of our Cup winners? I really just don't get that. Every one of them has a place in Hibs history. 114 years wait and then put's the boot into one of the players. Weird as f***.

DMH0762
20-08-2019, 07:47 AM

It matters in the sense that people keep describing Fyvie as great and this and that but he obviously couldnt have been that great if we werent willing to wait. He came in, done alright, became a hibs legend and left. We didnt go on a downward spiral once he left and there werent games where people came away from them thinking "we missed Fyvie today". People are saying they wouldve taken him in midfield now on the basis that our recruitement in midfield has been poor for the last 3 windows.

At what point was he "released" then ? FACT is he was not released. He was offered a new contract which suggests to me that the club wanted to retain his services. He chose not to accept the terms offered so effectively he "released " himself. His existing contract had expired and he,therefore, was out of contract thus making him a free agent. I struggle to understand how we can "release" a free agent !!!

Perhaps through your your knowledge of the Law of Contract and that of Offer and Acceptance you can enlighten me as to how a free agent can be "released".

Seems to me you are the one splitting hairs here tbh.

FWIW i would have been delighted had he resigned.

FilipinoHibs
20-08-2019, 07:54 AM

He was offered a new contract but knocked it back - I think he wanted more money. Changed his mind but the orginal contract offer was pulled. Not released and we offered him a new deal.

BILLYHIBS
20-08-2019, 07:58 AM
Neil Lennon wanted quick responses from Fyvie Fontaine MacGregor Gray and Bartley at the end of our Championship winning season re extending their contracts

Fyvie 24 at the time was offered a three year contract on top wages

He rejected this out of hand preferring to keep his options open

Lennon was not best pleased

He then decided that his best option was to remain with HIBS and sign the contract

A no nonsense Lennon told him it was too late and that the contract offer was withdrawn

It may well be that Lennon had his wages earmarked for another player one thing for sure is that under Lennon you never ever crossed him as there was always only going to be one winner or it may be that like others on here Lennon did not really rate Fraser Fyvie but why offer him such a lucrative contract in the first place?

For whatever reason Fraser Fyvies gamble did not pay off

Hibs legend!

Since452
20-08-2019, 08:02 AM
He was offered a new contract but knocked it back - I think he wanted more money. Changed his mind but the orginal contract offer was pulled. Not released and we offered him a new deal.

Biggest mistake Fyvie ever made

theonlywayisup
20-08-2019, 09:18 AM
Some absolute nonsense on this thread. For one thing Fyvie hardly ever gave the ball away, thats what he was good at. He kept the ball moving, did the simple things very easily. No hollywood balls etc, but brought others into play.

But really, why the need to insult one of our Cup winners? I really just don't get that. Every one of them has a place in Hibs history. 114 years wait and then put's the boot into one of the players. Weird as f***.

Agree!

I think that there are some people that are so perfect in their own jobs that any bad pass, poor tackle, missed chance is seen as a major negative. Hence why they seem to be so critical of some (many) Hibs players.

Jeez! It's Hibs they are playing for. If they we perfect in all that they do, they wouldn't be at Hibs.

Regarding Fraser Fyvie, I would be interested if those knocking Fraser Fyvie could list the players that they believed were better players for Hibs than Fraser Fyvie, players that played in the central midfield role from the first season Fyvie was with Hibs until now.

Obviously, McGinn, McGeouch and Allan are better players. Henderson obviously was more creative. Bartley was a legend in the eyes of many. Omeonga was very impressive, but for a short period. But apart from that list, who else has been consistently better than Fraser Fyvie.

mentalhibee
20-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Fraser Fyvie was great for Hibs, injuries have hampered a great career.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2019, 09:36 AM
It amazes me that people who have obviously watched the game for years seem to know so little about football. McGeough and Fyvie have both been criticised on here in recent weeks for 'only passing it sideways', 'never running with the ball', 'only making 10 yard passes' and so on.

Every single player can't be Messi. Both are exactly the type or player we are desperately missing now, we are trying to fit square pegs in round holes in filling that position of having someone able to take the ball from the defence, keep the ball and use it and recylcle the ball when a move breaks down and it shows.

MWHIBBIES
20-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Fyvie was a tenacious man short if you wanted next level. Hence he’s mulling over La Liga or Serie A the now!

So we were one central midfielder away from winning the title? Because that's pretty much the only thing he didn't achieve at Hibs.

You are talking absolute slabbers.

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-08-2019, 09:44 AM
I liked Fyvie. A LOT.

He always showed for the ball, never hid and wore the jersey with passion. when he went off injured vs Morton away, our form suffered. Not SOLEY because of FF but it certainly contributed.

He wasn't perfect and I actually thought he would give possession away to easily at times but he would always go after the ball and win it back. Even after a wayward pass he'd offer himself again and again. Sometimes he was slow at moving the ball forward

Once he'd left, we had an ok 6 months. but found a winning formula when we resigned S.Allan and that led to our best midfield in a number of years which I guess can somewhat cloud judgement. He wouldn't be the worst option to have right now for DM

He was the same as most in the championship for us. played well some games. others he was poor.

Contributed significantly to us breaking a 114 year hoodoo so for that will always be a Hibernian FC legend.

Best of luck Fraser

greenflyer
20-08-2019, 09:46 AM
I think that there are some people that are so perfect in their own jobs that any bad pass, poor tackle, missed chance is seen as a major negative. Hence why they seem to be so critical of some (many) Hibs players.

Jeez! It's Hibs they are playing for. If they we perfect in all that they do, they wouldn't be at Hibs.

Agree. Even teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid do not have complete control of a game. Supercritical people can be a pain at a game but are horrendous in charge of a keyboard. Faults, flaws and mistakes are all part of the game. :flag:

The Modfather
20-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Fyvie was a good player. A level or two below McGinn & McGeough, and didn’t compliment those two in terms of midfield balance (which wasn’t his fault).

I’d have been happy enough if he had stayed as cover for McGinn & McGeough, but at the same time wasn’t overly fussed when he left. He seems to be a player that causes extreme revisionism the longer he is away, be it how good or bad he was depending on what side of the fence you sit on.

An asset to the squad but not irreplaceable is how I remember him.

Barman Stanton
20-08-2019, 09:56 AM
Fyvie was a good player. A level or two below McGinn & McGeough, and didn’t compliment those two in terms of midfield balance (which wasn’t his fault).

I’d have been happy enough if he had stayed as cover for McGinn & McGeough, but at the same time wasn’t overly fussed when he left. He seems to be a player that causes extreme revisionism the longer he is away, be it how good or bad he was depending on what side of the fence you sit on.

An asset to the squad but not irreplaceable is how I remember him.

I don't think many think he was a world beater. Most just have issues with the bizarre personal attacks on one of our Scottish Cup winners. There is just no need for it.

Since452
20-08-2019, 10:17 AM
I don't think many think he was a world beater. Most just have issues with the bizarre personal attacks on one of our Scottish Cup winners. There is just no need for it.

We're good at that. The level of abuse some of our past and present players and staff get is really sad.

Barman Stanton
20-08-2019, 10:28 AM
We're good at that. The level of abuse some of our past and present players and staff get is really sad.

Its pretty sad. I do wonder if all support's have such a negative and abusive (towards their own) element to their support as we do. Do the Jambos have threads sticking the boot into their '5-1' legends? I very much doubt it. Or perhaps they do. Either way, I struggle to see what the likes of MajorHibs get from these types of posts.

we are hibs
20-08-2019, 10:33 AM

At what point was he "released" then ? FACT is he was not released. He was offered a new contract which suggests to me that the club wanted to retain his services. He chose not to accept the terms offered so effectively he "released " himself. His existing contract had expired and he,therefore, was out of contract thus making him a free agent. I struggle to understand how we can "release" a free agent !!!

Perhaps through your your knowledge of the Law of Contract and that of Offer and Acceptance you can enlighten me as to how a free agent can be "released".

Seems to me you are the one splitting hairs here tbh.

FWIW i would have been delighted had he resigned.

His contract expired therefore he was released at the end of it. There wasnt a contract on the table when he left the club so what other way can you describe it? It wasnt a mutual decision as he changed his mind and wanted to sign the contract but was too late. Its not rocket science and i dont know why youre doing mental gymnastics over it.

CockneyRebel
20-08-2019, 10:53 AM
His contract expired therefore he was released at the end of it. There wasnt a contract on the table when he left the club so what other way can you describe it? It wasnt a mutual decision as he changed his mind and wanted to sign the contract but was too late. Its not rocket science and i dont know why youre doing mental gymnastics over it.

This has gone on far too long and mainly because of you. To be released it has to be from a contract. To not re-sign a player is not a release, you have to be released from something. He was made an offer of a new contract, he took too long to give an answer and the offer was withdrawn. Definitely not rocket science.

FilipinoHibs
20-08-2019, 10:57 AM

You are contradicting yourself. You said there was no contract and then you say he did not sign the contract on offer. Clearly not released but Fyfie gambled on getting a better offer from Hibs or elsewhere. Ar this pint just be big enough to admit you were wrong and we will will forget all about it.

WeeRussell
20-08-2019, 11:39 AM

Nah - I didn't want him to leave when he did, and would have had him our our team (most weeks the starting 11) ever since. And having witnessed that dross on Saturday, would bite your hand off for a fit Fraser Fyvie right now. While his attitude alone would probably have helped get us out of whatever gear we maintained at the weekend, his ability is played down an awful lot on here, in my opinion.

There's been talk of injury problems being the real reason he's taken such a big step down. I wish him all the best.

Oh and Majorissues should seek help.

Bronson
20-08-2019, 11:56 AM
https://youtu.be/vObiSaF7gaM

Not bad for a player that cannae tackle

A lunge which gave away a free kick and was a borderline red card? Billy we could get a guy out the pub to do that.

Look, I have no issue with the guy. Good luck to him wherever he goes. I just won’t pretend he was a particularly good player for us, regardless if he won the cup. Do you think hearts fans remember darren barr as a class player because he scored in the 5-1? I’ll save you the hassle replying, the answer is no.

Niffy
20-08-2019, 11:58 AM
You are contradicting yourself. You said there was no contract and then you say he did not sign the contract on offer. Clearly not released but Fyfie gambled on getting a better offer from Hibs or elsewhere. Ar this pint just be big enough to admit you were wrong and we will will forget all about it.

Sigh

G B Young
20-08-2019, 12:00 PM
Excellent player. Another rabbit out the hat from Stubbs and I was delighted when we signed him. Great to be able to call on that sort of talent to make up for the times the more celebrated McGinn and McGeouch maybe weren't on song or, in the latter case, injured.

In hindsight he must wish he'd signed that deal when it was offered. Like Scott Allan, he'd never really settled at one club and he played by far his most consistent football with Hibs - yet obviously thought the grasss might be that bit greener elsewhere.

Allant1981
20-08-2019, 12:08 PM
A lunge which gave away a free kick and was a borderline red card? Billy we could get a guy out the pub to do that.

Look, I have no issue with the guy. Good luck to him wherever he goes. I just won’t pretend he was a particularly good player for us, regardless if he won the cup. Do you think hearts fans remember darren barr as a class player because he scored in the 5-1? I’ll save you the hassle replying, the answer is no.

That was a cracking tackle, won the ball. Most fans are crying out for that in our midfield just now

we are hibs
20-08-2019, 12:20 PM

Contradicting myself 😂

I clearly said there wasnt a contract on offer at the end of his contract. That is a fact. I didnt say he wasnt offered a contract at all. Now be big enough to stop patronising people and admit that you were wrong :wink:

BILLYHIBS
20-08-2019, 12:30 PM

Brilliant tackle won the ball fair and square

My point is he was not afraid to get stuck in especially against Der Hun contrary to what you said

What about Waghorn who already booked runs 50 yards to shove Fyvie no action and why does Bartley get booked?

Fair play to Barr even although he was pish scored against a HIBS team packed with mercenaries in a national cup final at Hampden

At the end of the day Fraser Fyvie has a Championship medal and two national cup winning medals

I remember Fraser Fyvie on that great day and SDG who refused to come off injured driving us on at 1-2 down sensing that The Rangers were there for the taking sensing they were tiring and hanging on for the final whistle so much for someone that cannot dictate the pace and tempo of a game

No hassle in replying to your post we are both passionate about our club it is just that we both see different players differently

I have supported HIBS for over fifty years and I have seen a lot worse than Fraser Fyvie and not many can say they have a Scottish Cup winners medal with the mighty Hibernian FC.

Keith_M
20-08-2019, 12:42 PM
I'm surprised it didn't work out for Fraser at Utd. He's a decent player and surely good enough for Championship level (or better)

MagicSwirlingShip
20-08-2019, 12:51 PM
One of the most under appreciated skills in football is the ability to keep the ball, or play the simple pass well.

Fyvie was good at this. Playing the easy pass, but at the right weight for the player receiving it. Stevenson also great at this.

Fond memories of Fyvie as a player. Got around the pitch well too.

Barman Stanton
20-08-2019, 12:59 PM
I'm surprised it didn't work out for Fraser at Utd. He's a decent player and surely good enough for Championship level (or better)

A United mate of mine reckons its the injuries that's the problem. Never really recovered from doing his cruciate ligament.

Scorrie
20-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Well all the very best to him. I thought he was a far better player than some gave him credit for. Sounds like he’s got a good deal at a progressive club

DMH0762
20-08-2019, 01:58 PM

If you believe he was released then you have zero understanding of reality. He was offered a contract , his original one having run it's course. HE was not released and you have in no way presented a case to prove otherwise. How much compensation did we pay him for releasing him as is the norm when clubs "release" players ? you will doubtless respond to type by avoiding the question and slavering the same rubbish as previously....I ask you once more "At which point did Hibs release him ?"

.QUOTE=gloryhunter;5896650]This has gone on far too long and mainly because of you. To be released it has to be from a contract. To not re-sign a player is not a release, you have to be released from something. He was made an offer of a new contract, he took too long to give an answer and the offer was withdrawn. Definitely not rocket science.[/QUOTE]

Simple isn't it gloryhunter ?... Everyone else gets the principal but of course we are all wrong.

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2019, 02:04 PM
If you believe he was released then you have zero understanding of reality. He was offered a contract , his original one having run it's course. HE was not released and you have in no way presented a case to prove otherwise. How much compensation did we pay him for releasing him as is the norm when clubs "release" players ? you will doubtless respond to type by avoiding the question and slavering the same rubbish as previously....I ask you once more "At which point did Hibs release him ?"

.QUOTE=gloryhunter;5896650]This has gone on far too long and mainly because of you. To be released it has to be from a contract. To not re-sign a player is not a release, you have to be released from something. He was made an offer of a new contract, he took too long to give an answer and the offer was withdrawn. Definitely not rocket science.

Have a herbal tea or something mate. It's all cool.

Although to be fair release can also be defined as 'let go'. Which he was at the end of his contract.

DMH0762
20-08-2019, 02:20 PM

Although to be fair release can also be defined as 'let go'. Which he was at the end of his contract.

"Mate" or mates ? Only one of these quotes can be attributed to me :wink:

It's all good mate :aok:

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2019, 02:24 PM
"Mate" or mates ? Only one of these quotes can be attributed to me :wink:

It's all good mate :aok:

👍

majorhibs
20-08-2019, 10:01 PM
Its pretty sad. I do wonder if all support's have such a negative and abusive (towards their own) element to their support as we do. Do the Jambos have threads sticking the boot into their '5-1' legends? I very much doubt it. Or perhaps they do. Either way, I struggle to see what the likes of MajorHibs get from these types of posts.

Ha ha, the fact I don’t rate the player & his ability, & thereafter disagree with what I see as OTT revisionism on his ability & contribution past & present (many = I’d have him in this team now) as loads seem to like imagining, means I negatively sadly uncomprehendingly attack past players I just didnae rate? Barry! (see what I did with words there?)

Kato
21-08-2019, 12:45 AM
(see what I did with words there?)

Emm. Nup.

FilipinoHibs
21-08-2019, 01:45 AM

In the let go he would not have been offered a new contract which he was.

BILLYHIBS
21-08-2019, 06:15 AM
Emm. Nup.

:faf:

Allant1981
21-08-2019, 06:22 AM
Ha ha, the fact I don’t rate the player & his ability, & thereafter disagree with what I see as OTT revisionism on his ability & contribution past & present (many = I’d have him in this team now) as loads seem to like imagining, means I negatively sadly uncomprehendingly attack past players I just didnae rate? Barry! (see what I did with words there?)

Do you just pick a whole load of random words out a dictionary and decide to use then in a sentence every single time you post

we are hibs
21-08-2019, 06:26 AM

.QUOTE=gloryhunter;5896650]This has gone on far too long and mainly because of you. To be released it has to be from a contract. To not re-sign a player is not a release, you have to be released from something. He was made an offer of a new contract, he took too long to give an answer and the offer was withdrawn. Definitely not rocket science.

Simple isn't it gloryhunter ?... Everyone else gets the principal but of course we are all wrong.[/QUOTE]

Presented a case :hilarious

Calm down man. Released/ let go; *****/jobbie. Fact is he wasnt a Hibs player at the end of his contract because there wasnt a contract to sign as it had been taken away from him weeks before. Out of interest; would he have been placed on the retained or released list?

SquashedFrogg
21-08-2019, 08:02 AM

Yes. You used all the wrong ones in completely the wrong order.

Barman Stanton
21-08-2019, 08:49 AM

He wasn't even really complimented before you chipped in with the bizarre attack comparing him to Hamilton. Certainly no one had said they would have him in the current team at that stage.

Also no idea what you are on about with your last comment :dunno:

Northernhibee
21-08-2019, 10:16 AM
(see what I did with words there?)

Load them into a cannon and fire them at your screen?

FilipinoHibs
21-08-2019, 10:24 AM
Simple isn't it gloryhunter ?... Everyone else gets the principal but of course we are all wrong.

Presented a case :hilarious

Calm down man. Released/ let go; *****/jobbie. Fact is he wasnt a Hibs player at the end of his contract because there wasnt a contract to sign as it had been taken away from him weeks before. Out of interest; would he have been placed on the retained or released list?[/QUOTE]

"There was not a contract as it was taken away weeks before." So there was a contract offer but he hesitated and wanted more and when there was no more coming at Hibs or elsewhere he decided to sign but Hibs (probably Lennon) had offer withdrawn. He certainly was not released from his live contract and had an offer of a new one when the live one expired.

h18eeynick
21-08-2019, 10:36 AM
My son was back from Australia for the Scottish Cup Final win in 2016 and met Fyfie at Waverley Station on the Monday when he was getting a train back to Carlisle after the Sunday celebrations and son had his Hibs top on ( my wife and me left him on the Sunday so he could carry on his party !). Frazer was really rough and just smiled at my son and shook his head . Made a fitting end to his epic trip back after totally surprising us landing back on the Thursday without telling us !

majorhibs
21-08-2019, 09:03 PM
Yes. You used all the wrong ones in completely the wrong order.

As you interpret it!

Crunchie
22-08-2019, 04:34 AM

I'm with you with the insults, I've never quite wrapped my head around Hibs fans abusing past and present players whether it be at the game or on a forum.

As for Fyvie, I thought he tried 100% for us whenever he played good or bad and it's all you can ask of any player. A CLUB LEGEND as you rightly say and deserves respect whatever your personal view of him as a player.

Sadly left us on a sour note and will probably be remembered for his semi final outburst at lennon rather than his MAJOR contribution in the cup final.

SquashedFrogg
22-08-2019, 05:41 AM
As you interpret it!

Indeed. Although it was a struggle.

FilipinoHibs
22-08-2019, 07:20 AM
I'm with you with the insults, I've never quite wrapped my head around Hibs fans abusing past and present players whether it be at the game or on a forum.

As for Fyvie, I thought he tried 100% for us whenever he played good or bad and it's all you can ask of any player. A CLUB LEGEND as you rightly say and deserves respect whatever your personal view of him as a player.

Sadly left us on a sour note and will probably be remembered for his semi final outburst at lennon rather than his MAJOR contribution in the cup final.

I agree with most of what was said here but he did miss pass frequently to opponents. I was thought he was trying for too much on these miss passes.

MWHIBBIES
22-08-2019, 09:04 AM

What semi final outburst? Lennon said in his interview after that Fyvie wasn't to blame at all and his teammates let him down.

Northernhibee
22-08-2019, 09:21 AM
What semi final outburst? Lennon said in his interview after that Fyvie wasn't to blame at all and his teammates let him down.

I wonder why Lennon took him off then? One of his more baffling decisions.

Fyvie wasn't better or worse than anyone else in the opening stages of that tie. I also remember a game in the Championship where Cummings tried to play a flick on for Holt who was nowhere near where he should have been so it went out harmlessly for a throw-in. Lennon went mad at him and subbed him off shortly after.

If you're on the wrong end of that you wouldn't be a happy bunny at all. I really felt for Fyvie at that point.

MWHIBBIES
22-08-2019, 09:32 AM

Fyvie wasn't better or worse than anyone else in the opening stages of that tie. I also remember a game in the Championship where Cummings tried to play a flick on for Holt who was nowhere near where he should have been so it went out harmlessly for a throw-in. Lennon went mad at him and subbed him off shortly after.

If you're on the wrong end of that you wouldn't be a happy bunny at all. I really felt for Fyvie at that point.

Because we needed a 2nd striker on and to get that we had to sacrifice a midfielder and McGeouch and McGinn were/are both better players

Northernhibee
22-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Because we needed a 2nd striker on and to get that we had to sacrifice a midfielder and McGeouch and McGinn were/are both better players

But they were letting down Fyvie so got to stay on? Doesn't ring true IMO.

Jones28
22-08-2019, 09:38 AM

Such a baffling decision that the guy that replaced Fyvie scored within seconds of coming on you mean?

Northernhibee
22-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Such a baffling decision that the guy that replaced Fyvie scored within seconds of coming on you mean?

No, if he wasn't the worst of the midfielders then why not replace one of the other midfielders?

He hung Fyvie out to dry that day. Not surprised he needed time to think over his contract offer. Same reason why after questioning his willingness to play under his injuries I'm not surprised McGeouch chose to leave. Hung him out to dry too.

Jones28
22-08-2019, 09:44 AM
No, if he wasn't the worst of the midfielders then why not replace one of the other midfielders?

He hung Fyvie out to dry that day. Not surprised he needed time to think over his contract offer. Same reason why after questioning his willingness to play under his injuries I'm not surprised McGeouch chose to leave. Hung him out to dry too.

I actually semi-agree with you, just being wide a pointing out his substitute scored.

What I will say on that is that I felt there was more balance in midfield when Fyvie went off, I don’t think him a McGeouch were the right combination, and Lennons team selection that day was baffling from the off.

MWHIBBIES
22-08-2019, 10:48 AM
But they were letting down Fyvie so got to stay on? Doesn't ring true IMO.

It does ring true, someone had to go off, simple as that. Fyvie wasn't the problem, Lennons usual poor tactics in a big game as well as Rocky/Daz selling goals

B.H.F.C
22-08-2019, 10:57 AM

He never hung Fyvie out to dry. He made the correct call at that point of the game. Not sure he hung McGeough out to dry either, he played his best and most consistent football under Lennon.

BILLYHIBS
22-08-2019, 12:33 PM
It does ring true, someone had to go off, simple as that. Fyvie wasn't the problem, Lennons usual poor tactics in a big game as well as Rocky/Daz selling goals

Agree

Fyvie was sacrificed

The ball was not sticking with Jase as he is never a lone striker it just kept coming back and coming back Holt had to go on to hold it up

It worked a treat as he scored and set one up for Dylan

We were unlucky with Dazs deflected og and Rockys last minute header

Edit:

Fyvie also booked after 24 mins

CockneyRebel
22-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Agree

Fyvie was sacrificed

The ball was not sticking with Jase as he is never a lone striker it just kept coming back and coming back Holt had to go on to hold it up

Edit:

IMO the initial formation/tactics backfired on Lennon so Holt had to come on, as you say, to hold the ball up. This meant a midfielder had to make way and Fyvie's booking made the choice easier.

Jones28
22-08-2019, 02:24 PM
Agree

Fyvie was sacrificed

Edit:

That was it, well done Billy, he’d been booked. I remember thinking there was a definite reason FF came off before anyone else and it was that booking.

majorhibs
22-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post

Some real nonsense last posts, as for this yin, yer havin a giraffe FF “hardly ever gave the ball away” ? Get to spec savers or summat, I liked the guys work rate/tackling/running/tracking back a few things, but a footballer he was not, gave away simple possession infuriatingly good few times when basics could’ve produced so much more for team & player, exactly like Hamilton all this years afore imo, a good team not quite making that last step up cos a workhorse in there was that & that alone! Imo again another 1 player step up in class beside Mcginlay/O’Neill/Mccallister re Hamilton, or better beside McGinn/Mcgeouch etc would have produced so much more. Imo. But you comedians interpret that how ye will, I’m no much fussed, as bein understood’s mebbe big in social media ciircles where the seriously clever aw hang out but not quite top of my agenda! Bit funnier for me observin how many can get irate at the odd throwaway remark after a couple of beers, but then I wouldnae ever be claimin to be up to speed with Hibs.nets techies & trendy’s nowadays. Mebbes 15 ago or so but not now!

MSK
22-08-2019, 07:12 PM

Some real nonsense last posts, as for this yin, yer havin a giraffe FF “hardly ever gave the ball away” ? Get to spec savers or summat, I liked the guys work rate/tackling/running/tracking back a few things, but a footballer he was not, gave away simple possession infuriatingly good few times when basics could’ve produced so much more for team & player, exactly like Hamilton all this years afore imo, a good team not quite making that last step up cos a workhorse in there was that & that alone! Imo again another 1 player step up in class beside Mcginlay/O’Neill/Mccallister re Hamilton, or better beside McGinn/Mcgeouch etc would have produced so much more. Imo. But you comedians interpret that how ye will, I’m no much fussed, as bein understood’s mebbe big in social media ciircles where the seriously clever aw hang out but not quite top of my agenda! Bit funnier for me observin how many can get irate at the odd throwaway remark after a couple of beers, but then I wouldnae ever be claimin to be up to speed with Hibs.nets techies & trendy’s nowadays. Mebbes 15 ago or so but not now!Jeezus ****, what an absolute load of tripe, dont type on an empty heid ffs 😆

BILLYHIBS
22-08-2019, 07:26 PM
No one is saying that Fraser Fyvie and Brian Hamilton were brilliant technically gifted footballers what we are saying is that they brought other attributes to the team, hard work, graft, high energy and total commitment all requirements that every successful football team needs and the most important ingredient they were both winners and both equally prized by their colleagues and fellow professionals and by fans that appreciated what they brought to the table

If you cannot see that then it is you that needs to go to Specsavers 😁

MWHIBBIES
22-08-2019, 07:38 PM

Some real nonsense last posts, as for this yin, yer havin a giraffe FF “hardly ever gave the ball away” ? Get to spec savers or summat, I liked the guys work rate/tackling/running/tracking back a few things, but a footballer he was not, gave away simple possession infuriatingly good few times when basics could’ve produced so much more for team & player, exactly like Hamilton all this years afore imo, a good team not quite making that last step up cos a workhorse in there was that & that alone! Imo again another 1 player step up in class beside Mcginlay/O’Neill/Mccallister re Hamilton, or better beside McGinn/Mcgeouch etc would have produced so much more. Imo. But you comedians interpret that how ye will, I’m no much fussed, as bein understood’s mebbe big in social media ciircles where the seriously clever aw hang out but not quite top of my agenda! Bit funnier for me observin how many can get irate at the odd throwaway remark after a couple of beers, but then I wouldnae ever be claimin to be up to speed with Hibs.nets techies & trendy’s nowadays. Mebbes 15 ago or so but not now!
What more can Hibs achieve than a Scottish cup win? He literally achieved all that we could ever ask of a Hibs player.

You don't need to be a "techie" to apply basic spelling and grammar.

bawheid
22-08-2019, 09:41 PM
Time for your bed major!

Smartie
22-08-2019, 09:48 PM

https://youtu.be/0eRhWT4fYmk

majorhibs
22-08-2019, 10:22 PM
No one is saying that Fraser Fyvie and Brian Hamilton were brilliant technically gifted footballers what we are saying is that they brought other attributes to the team, hard work, graft, high energy and total commitment all requirements that every successful football team needs and the most important ingredient they were both winners and both equally prized by their colleagues and fellow professionals and by fans that appreciated what they brought to the table

If you cannot see that then it is you that needs to go to Specsavers 😁

What slavers when you don’t want to read the original text! IMO repeat IMO Hibs would’ve been MUCH better with better in these IMO not good enough at basics footballers! Read what was said! I liked both of them but they were in a shell somehow that stopped my team Hibs

BILLYHIBS
23-08-2019, 03:54 AM
What slavers when you don’t want to read the original text! IMO repeat IMO Hibs would’ve been MUCH better with better in these IMO not good enough at basics footballers! Read what was said! I liked both of them but they were in a shell somehow that stopped my team Hibs

Brilliant!

IMO three times in the one sentence?

Yes you are correct it is your opinion and you are entitled to it

You are forgetting it is HIBS we are talking about not Barca

It would be nice to have had an Iniesta to play their roles but even he had his critics from his own support in the early days

I recall when Stubbsy first signed Fraser Fyvie he said that we were lucky to get him and given our budget and our position in the second tier of Scottish Football he was probably correct

Yes Brian Hamilton and Fraser Fyvie were not perfect but they both left our great club with winners medals a feat they had both earlier achieved with St Mirren and Wigan respectively

All of the above is not IMO it is a fact!

MWHIBBIES
23-08-2019, 06:13 AM
What did they stop then from doing?

Moulin Yarns
23-08-2019, 08:07 AM
This thread is a prime example of what Hibs.net has become. People getting their knickers in a twist because some think he was rubbish at basic football, others thinking he was a very good midfielder, and both sides arguing their case with no middle ground.

As I started this thread to simply make folk aware that Fraser Fyvie had joined Cove Rangers, and nothing else I think it is time to shut the thread down.

Good luck Fraser, hope you do well.