PDA

View Full Version : Who's responsible??

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Was thinking about poor windows we have had.
And I was thinking this definitely ranks up there with the worst.
In terms of improving the team we have already.
Chris Maxwell-marciano competition

Adam jackson-defensive cover

Tom james-right back cover

Josh vela-midfield energy/DM/starter

Christian doidge-stiker option

Joe newell-left midfielder/not winger/debatable starter

Scott allan-attacking mid/ top player

Glen middleton-loan/winger/boyle cover

Other than scott allan none of them make my best hibs 11 with current squad.
People talk about meltdowns on .net but when you review our window so far it's not surprising.

Based on this being head hunted recruitments it simply is shambolic.

Whoever it is they should not be near anymore transfers for our club be that management or recruitment.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 10:25 AM

People talk about meltdowns on .net but when you review our window so far it's not surprising.

Whoever it is they should not be near anymore transfers for our club be that management or recruitment.

Still think its way too early. Need to let these guys settle in, get used to the abusive Hbs support etc..

Vela for example comes highly rated. Played a lot of games in the Championship and Bolton fans seemed gutted he left. Also not played in a while so needs a bit of time to get match fit.

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 10:29 AM
Still think its way too early. Need to let these guys settle in, get used to the abusive Hbs support etc..

Vela for example comes highly rated. Played a lot of games in the Championship and Bolton fans seemed gutted he left. Also not played in a while so needs a bit of time to get match fit.
None of them look like troubling anybody in our best eleven though,scotty aside ofcourse.
I hope folk are rubbing this thread in my face when these guys come good.but im quite confident it wont be the case.

Captain Trips
15-08-2019, 10:31 AM
Nobody is responsible for signing good or bad players as they have not been here long enough to do either.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 10:36 AM
None of them look like troubling anybody in our best eleven though,scotty aside ofcourse.
I hope folk are rubbing this thread in my face when these guys come good.but im quite confident it wont be the case.

They have pretty much just arrived. People need to lay off a bit with the constant abuse and try and get behind them. If this forum had been running Hibs then I'm sure Ivan Sproule would have been punted well before he hit his Ibrox hattrick.

Its half a new team we have there. Likelihood is not all will be a success, but the non stop criticism after 2 league games is bonkers.

Moulin Yarns
15-08-2019, 10:41 AM

CR Smith, Sidey, Everest?

Blaster
15-08-2019, 10:45 AM
James - short term cover / long term replacement for gray
Jackson - as above for McGregor
Vela I expect to come good
Maxwell - back up keeper

Newall and Doidge. Disappointing starts but too early to write off

Middleton I expect to be good

Simply a strong central midfielder and a striker short

Groathillgrump
Middleton hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet. Have you written him off too?

I know football fans aren't noted for their patience but despite the hiding we took on Sunday we need to give the new guys a chance to settle in to a new environment and fit into a different style of play.

I think it's far too early to be making judgements on individuals. Ask the questions again after we'ved played a full round of fixtures and we'll all have a clearer picture.

tonyrougier123
They have pretty much just arrived. People need to lay off a bit with the constant abuse and try and get behind them. If this forum had been running Hibs then I'm sure Ivan Sproule would have been punted well before he hit his Ibrox hattrick.

Its half a new team we have there. Likelihood is not all will be a success, but the non stop criticism after 2 league games is bonkers.

As I say I hope your right.

Normally new signings inspire team dynamics,or you say so and so will need to up his game to stay in the team.

Not really abusive to call it as you see it.
And say signings will struggle to push anyone out the team.

And this thread is generally about who is being let loose with the purse strings.and imo signing players that simply are going to struggle at hibs.

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 10:46 AM
CR Smith, Sidey, Everest?

👍

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 10:47 AM
Middleton hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet. Have you written him off too?

I know football fans aren't noted for their patience but despite the hiding we took on Sunday we need to give the new guys a chance to settle in to a new environment and fit into a different style of play.

I think it's far too early to be making judgements on individuals. Ask the questions again after we'ved played a full round of fixtures and we'll all have a clearer picture.
I expect middleton to do well,but ultimately he's not ours.

Marvellous
15-08-2019, 10:48 AM
2 games into the league season :hilarious

HoboHarry
15-08-2019, 10:51 AM
Another thread telling us about something that's wrong at Hibs. Cool.

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 10:52 AM

Sly dig cool 👍😎

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 10:53 AM
As I say I hope your right.

Normally new signings inspire team dynamics,or you say so and so will need to up his game to stay in the team.

Not really abusive to call it as you see it.
And say signings will struggle to push anyone out the team.

And this thread is generally about who is being let loose with the purse strings.and imo signing players that simply are going to struggle at hibs.

Your asking who is responsible for 'one of the poorest windows we have had'. After 2 league games. Its honestly way too early. I could fill a page with players who have taken time to settle in at the club.

SquashedFrogg
15-08-2019, 10:56 AM

Bizarre. 2 games in and people can't cope. :rolleyes:

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 10:59 AM

Its hardly bizarre to have an early impression on your teams performance/signings.

Hibeesmad
15-08-2019, 11:00 AM
I think another winger added to a central midfielder and striker is much needed. If Middleton and Horgan get injured we are back to square one until Boyle is back.

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2019, 11:00 AM
James isn't right back cover. Whittaker is cover for James because Gray is never fit.

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2019, 11:02 AM
I think another winger added to a central midfielder and striker is much needed. If Middleton and Horgan get injured we are back to square one until Boyle is back.

You cannot think like this or you end up with 40 players. If Marciano and Maxwell get injured were also buggered but we don't need a 3rd goalie. Times comes where you actually have to assume guys will actually be fit.

SquashedFrogg
Its hardly bizarre to have an early impression on your teams performance/signings.

Sure. But when an early impression is to predict the future then I'd call it bizarre.

tonyrougier123
James isn't right back cover. Whittaker is cover for James because Gray is never fit.

If grays fit neither start at rb imo.

Hibeesmad
15-08-2019, 11:03 AM
You cannot think like this or you end up with 40 players. If Marciano and Maxwell get injured were also buggered but we don't need a 3rd goalie. Times comes where you actually have to assume guys will actually be fit.

Unfortunately our history with injuries doesn’t fill me with confidence

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Sure. But when an early impression is to predict the future then I'd call it bizarre.

Im calling it as I see it now though 😕.
Look this is a thread to talk football,and opinions about our signings.try and deal with that pal eh! I know its hard for some of yous on here but you can always post on another thread instead of dragging this thread to the gutter with irrelevance.if you dont agree or can't constructively add to the title of the thread. Pipe doon 😯👍

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 11:09 AM

Not sure if it’s society in general or football fans but the lack of patience Iv seen lately is unreal.

Blaster
15-08-2019, 11:12 AM

Was more thinking of the thought process at the time of signing him

WeeRussell
15-08-2019, 11:15 AM

I don't think many teams will plan for the eventuality of 3 people who can play one position being injured at the same time though. Middleton has just come in, we won't be signing another in that position.

One Day Soon
15-08-2019, 11:15 AM
There is no question that our squad is not yet strong enough in some key positions and that almost all of those players we have signed are in the 'I hope he turns out to be decent' category rather than the 'Wow, we've got Scott Allan' category.

I don't expect us to be instantly like Mowbray's best team or the best of the Stubbs and Lennon eras. However I'd like to be able to feel that I can see some stirrings of a style of play, a shape to the team, the emergence of some key figures from youth and our new signings that give confidence we will arrive at the other end of the season a good deal stronger than we started it. Right now, taking together the tail end of last season, our signings and how we have started I can't honestly say that I feel any confidence about that.

Perhaps the next couple of months will change this.

One Day Soon
15-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Not sure if it’s society in general or football fans but the lack of patience Iv seen lately is unreal.

Some of it is lack of patience, most of it is simply discussing what we have been seeing so far on recruitment and early performances and concluding that it isn't very encouraging.

JimBHibees
15-08-2019, 11:17 AM

Also bizarre that the window is still open

One Day Soon
15-08-2019, 11:19 AM
I don't think many teams will plan for the eventuality of 3 people who can play one position being injured at the same time though. Middleton has just come in, we won't be signing another in that position.

I am at a loss to understand why we have chosen to pay all or some of the wages of a Rangers player and to help develop him on their behalf. Unless we have some kind of option to buy.

Hibeesmad
15-08-2019, 11:19 AM

I suppose Fraser Murray can step in, Hecky seems to like playing Kamberi on the left too based on last season. Should all be fantastic.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 11:20 AM
There is no question that our squad is not yet strong enough in some key positions and that almost all of those players we have signed are in the 'I hope he turns out to be decent' category rather than the 'Wow, we've got Scott Allan' category.

I don't expect us to be instantly like Mowbray's best team or the best of the Stubbs and Lennon eras. However I'd like to be able to feel that I can see some stirrings of a style of play, a shape to the team, the emergence of some key figures from youth and our new signings that give confidence we will arrive at the other end of the season a good deal stronger than we started it. Right now, taking together the tail end of last season, our signings and how we have started I can't honestly say that I feel any confidence about that.

Perhaps the next couple of months will change this.

Here is the thing though, if we didnt know Scott Allan would he be considered a success or be labelled a dud like the rest. He has a goal and an assist. But hasnt exactly been amazing in the games otherwise. Whole team needs a bit of time to get used to each other and the playing style etc.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-08-2019, 11:22 AM

The same people that build a good part of our Cup winning team with Stubbs - from more or less scratch?

Qvestion next...

Northernhibee
15-08-2019, 11:22 AM
This negativity is so, so draining. Last week is over and done with and can't be changed. Looking forward to us putting the record straight at the weekend and moving on.

WeeRussell
15-08-2019, 11:26 AM
I suppose Fraser Murray can step in, Hecky seems to like playing Kamberi on the left too based on last season. Should all be fantastic.

No need to take the sarcy tone with me :greengrin It's not me making the decisions or signings. I don't think things are looking fantastic as they are, I'm simply telling you we won't sign another Middleton and that it doesn't make sense to sign players to cover the eventuality of 3 injuries at once.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 11:26 AM
This negativity is so, so draining. Last week is over and done with and can't be changed. Looking forward to us putting the record straight at the weekend and moving on.

It really is. Its so constant. People may call themselves Hibs supporters but very few appear to be showing actual support to the team. Like a bunch of spoilt kids having a tantrum, over and over again.

One Day Soon
15-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Here is the thing though, if we didnt know Scott Allan would he be considered a success or be labelled a dud like the rest. He has a goal and an assist. But hasnt exactly been amazing in the games otherwise. Whole team needs a bit of time to get used to each other and the playing style etc.

I think you've underlined the point I'm making there. We did know what player we were getting with Scott Allan, but we absolutely don't know the players we are getting with the rest because they are largely untried in the Scottish game and at this level. Scott has played at this level and so we know what he can do. The others are quite a big punt.

I argued a good while ago on another thread that even in Scott's case we may not be getting back the same player we had. That's partly due to lack of game time but for me it's much more about the different players he has around him this time. He is going to be trying to make a silk purse out of much, much poorer quality cloth in that midfield. In consequence he himself will probably not look quite the same player.

There's no argument that it could all come good. The point is though that the signings start with pedigrees that leave you hoping they will make good rather than filling you with expectation that they will. On top of that the style of play and the lack of a convincing shape - particularly following the top six performances at the end of last season - are not yet encouraging.

At this stage I'd say I'm cautiously pessimistic.

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Some of it is lack of patience, most of it is simply discussing what we have been seeing so far on recruitment and early performances and concluding that it isn't very encouraging.

👍

Steve20
15-08-2019, 11:34 AM
It really is. Its so constant. People may call themselves Hibs supporters but very few appear to be showing actual support to the team. Like a bunch of spoilt kids having a tantrum, over and over again.

Aye, wanting better than eye bleeding football, drawing with Stirling and getting humped 6-1 by Rangers is really being spoilt. If we only get horsed 4-0 when we play Celtic, let's have a parade.

And for people saying it's only two games. It's six games. The cup is a competitive competition.

One Day Soon
15-08-2019, 11:35 AM

That's a bizarre post. There's a world of difference between supporting the team at the games and discussing the club and the team's performances critically with different perspectives on .net. Both are possible.

matty_f
Aye, wanting better than eye bleeding football, drawing with Stirling and getting humped 6-1 by Rangers is really being spoilt. If we only get horsed 4-0 when we play Celtic, let's have a parade.

And for people saying it's only two games. It's six games. The cup is a competitive competition.

Played 6: W 4 D1 (won on pens) L1

I am not at all surprised that you're putting the boot in though.

Brightside

We haven't had a bad window. What we do have is massively over reactive fans.

matty_f
15-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Agree with the point you're making, it's too early to say whether it's a bad (or good) window.

J-C
15-08-2019, 11:40 AM
The final say lies with the manager, 2 January windows the recruitment team had to help out Lennon who made a mess of things, so far these signings have all the hallmarks of Heckingbottom and lower league knowledge. Nothing wrong in a wee lower league gem but having so many especially who don't know the football up here. Jackson, Vela and James look ok but Newell and Doidge are not looking great at the moment, I hope they prove me wrong.

Brightside
15-08-2019, 11:40 AM

I was sure we won our Cup league? Some people are just massively negative - and i can only assume you are like this in real life. Constantly saying how bad something is just isnt healthy for anyone. Its been the same every season.... as soon as we do well this place grinds to a halt....once we lose a few its mad busy. Some people just love to moan.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 11:42 AM
I think you've underlined the point I'm making there. We did know what player we were getting with Scott Allan, but we absolutely don't know the players we are getting with the rest because they are largely untried in the Scottish game and at this level. Scott has played at this level and so we know what he can do. The others are quite a big punt.

I argued a good while ago on another thread that even in Scott's case we may not be getting back the same player we had. That's partly due to lack of game time but for me it's much more about the different players he has around him this time. He is going to be trying to make a silk purse out of much, much poorer quality cloth in that midfield. In consequence he himself will probably not look quite the same player.

There's no argument that it could all come good. The point is though that the signings start with pedigrees that leave you hoping they will make good rather than filling you with expectation that they will. On top of that the style of play and the lack of a convincing shape - particularly following the top six performances at the end of last season - are not yet encouraging.

At this stage I'd say I'm cautiously pessimistic.

I actually agree with all of that. And Im not blindly being optimistic, Im just willing to let the new guys bed in before hitting the panic buttons. If they all still look terrible and we look in trouble after having played everyone once, then I too will be worried.

I think Vela's signing is pretty vital to the team. From reading what he was like at Bolton, he sounds like a hard working box to box player. But he is not up to pace yet. Once he is my hope is that will allow space for the other midfielders like Allan and Mallan to do their thing.

If I remember rightly we had a stuttering start to the Championship while the likes of Allan, McGinn, McGouch, Fyvie settled in and got used to the play style etc. Normally wholesale changes dont work overnight.

Northernhibee
15-08-2019, 11:46 AM
I actually agree with all of that. And Im not blindly being optimistic, Im just willing to let the new guys bed in before hitting the panic buttons. If they all still look terrible and we look in trouble after having played everyone once, then I too will be worried.

I think Vela's signing is pretty vital to the team. From reading what he was like at Bolton, he sounds like a hard working box to box player. But he is not up to pace yet. Once he is my hope is that will allow space for the other midfielders like Allan and Mallan to do their thing.

If I remember rightly we had a stuttering start to the Championship while the likes of Allan, McGinn, McGouch, Fyvie settled in and got used to the play style etc. Normally wholesale changes dont work overnight.

I remember seeing Scott Allan's first game for us and not knowing what on earth he was going to add to the team. Slow, lumbersome and caught in possession a lot.

Imagine if we'd written him off as "Highland league" quality like I saw someone on here writing off our new signings yesterday.

FilipinoHibs
15-08-2019, 11:47 AM

Think only Doidge and Newell not up to it. % rejects no worse than Lennon.

Alex Trager
15-08-2019, 11:49 AM

We got beat at Dumbarton the first game of the season.

Then beat morton then beat at Ibrox.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Think only Doidge and Newell not up to it. % rejects no worse than Lennon.

Im really hoping Doidge especially turns out amazing. Just so that you have to eat a massive slice of that humble pie :greengrin

Brightside
15-08-2019, 11:51 AM
Im really hoping Doidge especially turns out amazing. Just so that you have to eat a massive slice of that humble pie :greengrin

Along with about 30 other posters on here.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 11:52 AM

Damn, so you mean that team didnt just click right away and blow everyone away in the lower league. Almost like new players need a bit of time...

loanheadhibby
15-08-2019, 12:08 PM
The final say lies with the manager, 2 January windows the recruitment team had to help out Lennon who made a mess of things, so far these signings have all the hallmarks of Heckingbottom and lower league knowledge. Nothing wrong in a wee lower league gem but having so many especially who don't know the football up here. Jackson, Vela and James look ok but Newell and Doidge are not looking great at the moment, I hope they prove me wrong.

Surely if we have had 2 bad January windows, then the blame cannot lie entirely with the manager? Surely the recruitment team find players and the manager has an input on which player we sign? Therefore the recruitment team have also had bad Januarys? Yet we continue to rely on the recruitment department for this window?

Northernhibee
15-08-2019, 12:11 PM
I still think Newell could come good. His crossing is good and I could see him being useful in the right position.

Doidge is being hammered on here but he wins nice little flick ons for the likes of Scott Allan, Horgan, Flo and so forth.

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2019, 12:18 PM
The players we've signed so far don't excite me, though Middleton's arrival is a definite positive. We just have to hope they can all improve.

The Spaceman
15-08-2019, 12:21 PM

Oh, get a grip.

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Oh, get a grip.

Is that it?

Whats your opinion on the team then spaceman?

Curious as to why I need to get a grip aswell?

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2019, 12:30 PM
If grays fit neither start at rb imo.

So one of them will start because he is never consistently fit.

James has alot of potential, 23 year old lad, already looked a good player in his natural position. When he is back he'll be a good player for us. Not surprised he see some write him off already, whomever replaced Gray was always going to have a rough time regardless because he is so loved by Hibs fans.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 12:30 PM
That's a bizarre post. There's a world of difference between supporting the team at the games and discussing the club and the team's performances critically with different perspectives on .net. Both are possible.

I also see a difference between discussing things and booting the boot in at every opportunity. At the moment its like constantly kicking a dog when its down. What I find bizarre is the the over reaction to an average start to the season.

J-C
15-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Surely if we have had 2 bad January windows, then the blame cannot lie entirely with the manager? Surely the recruitment team find players and the manager has an input on which player we sign? Therefore the recruitment team have also had bad Januarys? Yet we continue to rely on the recruitment department for this window?

The same recruitment that Stubbs used to good effect, Lennon used his own agents and contacts to get players. Hyndman and Gauld are decent players but due to the imbalance in the squad and injuries they were ineffective.

The manager meets with recruitment and asks for a certain type of player, they find them and the manager chooses who he wants, Stubbs had a better eye than Lennon.

Bobby's Cinema
15-08-2019, 12:37 PM
Played 6: W 4 D1 (won on pens) L1

I am not at all surprised that you're putting the boot in though.

Thank you. I’d like to see his overall record as well. Funnily enough maybe the highest win percentage of any Hibs manager in recent history? A glance at Wikipedia suggests 50% win rate.

Give the guy a chance!!!!!!!

greenlad
15-08-2019, 12:38 PM

That was 15-16.

14-15 was even worse, lost 4 of the first 6.

W Livingston (H)
L Hearts (A)
L Falkirk (H)
L Alloa (A)
W Cowdenbeath (H)
L QOS (A)

Beat Cowdenbeath 3-2 after being 2-1 down with 10 mins left! Don't remember as negative a reaction then as we are getting now after 2 games, one of which was a win.

It does take time for players to gel.

One Day Soon
15-08-2019, 12:40 PM
I also see a difference between discussing things and booting the boot in at every opportunity. At the moment its like constantly kicking a dog when its down. What I find bizarre is the the over reaction to an average start to the season.

Getting horsed 6-1 by Rangers is not an average start to the season.

SquashedFrogg
15-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Im calling it as I see it now though 😕.
Look this is a thread to talk football,and opinions about our signings.try and deal with that pal eh! I know its hard for some of yous on here but you can always post on another thread instead of dragging this thread to the gutter with irrelevance.if you dont agree or can't constructively add to the title of the thread. Pipe doon 😯👍

Erm, thanks for that response. So you're saying my opinion isn't valid or constructive?

I could argue that your posts are dragging this thread into the gutter using an aggressive tone. But I won't, because I'm good that way.

Carry on voicing your opinions. Opinions I happen to disagree with. If that's ok with you?

JimBHibees
15-08-2019, 12:46 PM

The window isn't shut yet. The Rangers game was terrible but agree the reaction is borderline hysterical.

bigswissstriker
15-08-2019, 12:47 PM
The notion that James signed for us to be back up to gray is infuriating. Why would a man in the verge of a big move to the championship a year ago come here to sit on the bench? He’s 24. If he’s signed on the proviso he’s gonna be back up, I’d be seriously worried about his ability and his confidence in his ability.

Northernhibee
15-08-2019, 12:48 PM

Aye, but even before that the tone on here was one of dejection and negativity. It's ****ing tiring.

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Erm, thanks for that response. So you're saying my opinion isn't valid or constructive?

I could argue that your posts are dragging this thread into the gutter using an aggressive tone. But I won't, because I'm good that way.

Carry on voicing your opinions. Opinions I happen to disagree with. If that's ok with you?
You've mentioned zero football in any your posts on this thread??😕

Really delighted you dont agree with my opinion 😁👍

HoboHarry
15-08-2019, 12:52 PM

You're more polite than me. There's times I think that some posters on here are actively competing to see who can come up with the latest and greatest post that criticizes something about the club.

The 90+2
The window isn't shut yet. The Rangers game was terrible but agree the reaction is borderline hysterical.

Hibernian should never lose a game of football 6-1 to any side in this country. It’s not hysterical at all taking into consideration the poor end to the season, the stuttering start to the league cup and the transfer signings.

* Patience required for Hecky to get his own players in at the end of last season.

* Patience required its only pre-season when losing to Arbroath and poor showings the rest.

* Patience required drawing at part timers who have been scudded every game since, “it’s still pre-season” when in reality it’s the league cup.

* Patience required for any, not one or two or three but any of the new signings to look above any beyond what is already in the squad.

That’s an awful lot of patience to be required, sure there’s some I’ve missed out before going on and getting spanked 6-1 while at the same time being let off the hook that it wasn’t the highest scoring loss in the clubs history.

Tactics look awful, the players don’t seem to know what they are doing, high press looks like hoofball and we seem to crumble in defence regularly. Any decent team will know to play it down the wing and the defenders look like fish out of water. It’s a serious situation to find ourselves in.

WhileTheChief..
When Calderwood signed all his useless players there were folk on here saying they just needed to time to gel and others saying they were gash straight away.

Same thing happening again now.

Sometimes it’s just so damn obvious you don’t need to wait!!

The 90+2
15-08-2019, 12:55 PM
You're more polite than me. There's times I think that some posters on here are actively competing to see who can come up with the latest and greatest post that criticizes something about the club.

Usually followed by a lot of posters who call them this and that but give no explanation to their side of the argument just that people are “putting the boot in” or being “hysterical” if you think that, or that their points are “rubbish” perhaps explain why because some agree some don’t. If on the other foot you started a thread on why you thought Doidge will come good and some posters just replied saying “nonsense” or “deluded” then they would get hounded upon.

The 90+2
15-08-2019, 12:56 PM
When Calderwood signed all his useless players there were folk on here saying they just needed to time to gel and others saying they were gash straight away.

We wait and wait and wait and wait while many others leave their seats at ER and don’t return and season tickets are major down all of a sudden. It’s not as if the majority of us haven’t seen it happen before, that’s why it’s panic stations just now.

One Day Soon
15-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Aye, but even before that the tone on here was one of dejection and negativity. It's ****ing tiring.

You could well be right. I've largely been absent for the last few weeks between holidays and work so not really paid too much attention.

The bottom line here though is that the mood or tone at this stage of the season is largely set by four things: signings, early form, first results and the manager. The first seems uninspiring, the second mixed to poor, the third dominated by that 6-1 result.

The fourth is very, very understated and low key in his public statements allowing a spectrum of behaviour ranging from legitimate concern to hysteria to flourish in what comes a cross as a slight external leadership vaccum. Pretty weird considering the club has just been taken over. You'd think that would impart a sense of energy, purpose and vitality.

tonyrougier123

I did state the window so far.

Its not hysterical to discuss the possible impact of our signings on the squad at this stage.ive never mentioned the rangers game on this thread.although its hard to overlook it tbf.

Some folk cant digest an opinion that is not favourable.

I dont see many of our signings having an impact on the team we had already.

A.d I would like to know why again its been a poor summer window at hibs?

Reasonable enough naw?

Bobby's Cinema
Hibernian should never lose a game of football 6-1 to any side in this country. It’s not hysterical at all taking into consideration the poor end to the season, the stuttering start to the league cup and the transfer signings.

* Patience required for Hecky to get his own players in at the end of last season.

* Patience required its only pre-season when losing to Arbroath and poor showings the rest.

* Patience required drawing at part timers who have been scudded every game since, “it’s still pre-season” when in reality it’s the league cup.

* Patience required for any, not one or two or three but any of the new signings to look above any beyond what is already in the squad.

That’s an awful lot of patience to be required, sure there’s some I’ve missed out before going on and getting spanked 6-1 while at the same time being let off the hook that it wasn’t the highest scoring loss in the clubs history.

Tactics look awful, the players don’t seem to know what they are doing, high press looks like hoofball and we seem to crumble in defence regularly. Any decent team will know to play it down the wing and the defenders look like fish out of water. It’s a serious situation to find ourselves in.

Got us into the top6 last season where we looked out of it at one stage, topped the league cup group, 2 games from a Hampden semi (1 of which Morton at home) and won 1 of 2 league games and 4th place wide open up for grabs this season it appears.

The manager has clearly lessons to learn. Does he not deserve the chance to given the above? There should be optimism surrounding this season imo. With the players we have we know they can both perform better and be utilised better, looking forward to that happening.

Give the guy a chance.

JohnMcM
15-08-2019, 01:01 PM

"borderline hysterical"????
JimBHibees, you must either be the most tolerant person in the world, or you are a Father of 27 children living in a two bedroom caravan.

Well done man, I admire your tolerance.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 01:02 PM

1 game. We have played 2 league games and have 3 points. I would call that average. I know the Rangers game hurts but perhaps man up eh. These things happen. Even the likes of Man Utd and Real Madrid get horsed from time to time.

The 90+2
15-08-2019, 01:02 PM

Its not hysterical to discuss the possible impact of our signings on the squad at this stage.ive never mentioned the rangers game on this thread.although its hard to overlook it tbf.

Reasonable enough naw?

It seems you will only reasonably be allowed to ask these questions by around Christmas time.

If you are still asking these questions by Christmas time there will likely be a new manager in place and your questions will be responded to as “irrelevant” because there will likely be a new manager in place, onwards and upwards. If you are not asking the question by Christmas time it will be because all the players have settled in and we are playing well.

So it seems ultimately, for some your question will always be completely redundant.

The 90+2
15-08-2019, 01:07 PM
Got us into the top6 last season where we looked out of it at one stage, topped the league cup group, 2 games from a Hampden semi (1 of which Morton at home) and won 1 of 2 league games and 4th place wide open up for grabs this season it appears.

The manager has clearly lessons to learn. Does he not deserve the chance to given the above? There should be optimism surrounding this season imo. With the players we have we know they can both perform better and be utilised better, looking forward to that happening.

Give the guy a chance.

He did get us into the top six and much credit to him for doing so. Since Tynie though it’s all went completely flat, or worse. Hecky even admitted the players downed tools when we made the top six, for as much as I didn’t rate Lennon as much as some he would never have allowed that to happen.

The league cup group would have been utter failure not to top, no credit at all for struggling along there.

We don’t have as good a squad as we started or finished last season with, a season we finished fifth. I would love to share the optimism and also think too 4 is there but that would be totally blind on anything we have seen so far. Hecky and the players are getting their chance now, learning and playing on the job. It’s not the fans fault it’s not going the best and it should certainly not stop the fans discussing it.

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 01:08 PM
It seems you will only reasonably be allowed to ask these questions by around Christmas time.

If you are still asking these questions by Christmas time there will likely be a new manager in place and your questions will be responded to as “irrelevant” because there will likely be a new manager in place, onwards and upwards. If you are not asking the question by Christmas time it will be because all the players have settled in and we are playing well.

So it seems ultimately, for some your question will always be completely redundant.

Cheers 😂😂👍

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 01:12 PM

No one has said Christmas etc. Some just think 2 league games is not a sufficient time to judge the new players. In fact its not even 2 games as most have not played all the minutes.

SquashedFrogg
15-08-2019, 01:16 PM

Reasonable enough naw?

To be fair you described the signings as shambolic and stated you are confident they won't come good.

You must surely expect some opposing views?

The 90+2
15-08-2019, 01:17 PM
No one has said Christmas etc. Some just think 2 league games is not a sufficient time to judge the new players. In fact its not even 2 games as most have not played all the minutes.

Fair enough, I agree it’s not enough time to judge the majority of the new players but there’s been post after posts on here with the majority’s first choice 11 and very rarely is there more than 2 of the new signings in peoples selections (if everyone is fit and well and that’s being generous with Allan) all the OP asked was who is responsible for bringing in players who aren’t an upgrade on the ones (minus McNulty and Omeonga too) who had us finish in fifth last season.

Kato
15-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Fair enough, I agree it’s not enough time to judge the majority of the new players but there’s been post after posts on here with the majority’s first choice 11 and very rarely is there more than 2 of the new signings in peoples selections (if everyone is fit and well and that’s being generous with Allan) all the OP asked was who is responsible for bringing in players who aren’t an upgrade on the ones (minus McNulty and Omeonga too) who had us finish in fifth last season.

Why do you give any credence to what the "majority" on here say, the "majority" on here wanted Butcher as manager.

One Day Soon
15-08-2019, 01:21 PM
1 game. We have played 2 league games and have 3 points. I would call that average. I know the Rangers game hurts but perhaps man up eh. These things happen. Even the likes of Man Utd and Real Madrid get horsed from time to time.

Ah, the old 'man-up' routine. Getting stuffed 6-1 in the manner we did is nothing to do with hurting or 'manning-up', it's everything to do with what lies behind it. Tactics, intent, resilience and the implications for subsequent games - all well away from what they should be.

Me - or even all of us - applying more testosterone to ourselves isn't going to change the current picture and it's completely reasonable to discuss why we look so bang average and what may happen next.

The 90+2
15-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Why do you give any credence to what the "majority" on here say, the "majority" on here wanted Butcher as manager.

The majority who post team selections with very little of the new starters in it don’t get questioned as to why, they don’t get told to give the new guys a chance or being told they are hysterical, it’s only when someone questions why none of the new players are good enough to be ahead of our old guys it gets shouted down as not being patient or having a go etc.

Incidentally if I didn’t care about posters feelings of opinions of the club, players etc there would be no point in being a member on a fans site.

RIP Bestie
15-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Sly dig cool 👍😎

If you're after a real dig. Here you go.
Get a grip and come out from under your raincloud. Its threads like yours and posters like you that drive people away from this forum. You are saying nothing that has not been said on many other threads here but you feel the need to start a brand new one. Thats all I have to say to you.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Ah, the old 'man-up' routine. Getting stuffed 6-1 in the manner we did is nothing to do with hurting or 'manning-up', it's everything to do with what lies behind it. Tactics, intent, resilience and the implications for subsequent games - all well away from what they should be.

Me - or even all of us - applying more testosterone to ourselves isn't going to change the current picture and it's completely reasonable to discuss why we look so bang average and what may happen next.

Fair enough. Just continue to rant and rave about it, and stick the boot into anything Hibs. Hope it makes you feel better.

As crap it was, I just don't see it as the end of the world that you and others do. Iv seen us hammered before and will likely do so again. I really don't see what good constantly crying about it does.

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2019, 01:30 PM

Calderwood won 5 games in a row and people were raving. Martin Scott was the 2nd coming of christ.

SquashedFrogg
15-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Get a grip and come out from under your raincloud. Its threads like yours and posters like you that drive people away from this forum. You are saying nothing that has not been said on many other threads here but you feel the need to start a brand new one. Thats all I have to say to you.

Actually you make an interesting point. Why start yet another thread covering what's already spread across multiple threads? Bit odd really when you think about it. Or maybe it's just me.

KDY Hibs
15-08-2019, 01:33 PM

Should we maybe give them more time? We are two league games.

Northernhibee
15-08-2019, 01:38 PM
We wait and wait and wait and wait while many others leave their seats at ER and don’t return and season tickets are major down all of a sudden. It’s not as if the majority of us haven’t seen it happen before, that’s why it’s panic stations just now.

Well, what's your solution?

tonyrougier123
To be fair you described the signings as shambolic and stated you are confident they won't come good.

You must surely expect some opposing views?

I described the recruitment as shambolic, being that these signings are first picks and taken up all our transfer funds or business in the window for now.according to the manager.

Leaves me totally underwhelmed anyway so far.

I would like to think ive seen enough football to make a rational decision on players and how teams are set up to at least share that view on a fans forum.

Im no alex ferguson mind.

If we start games as pedestrian as we have all this season so far (cup included)maybe arbroath game aside.
We will be behind in many games,chasing teams who will show energy early.
Not many will set up cautious against hibs this season based on what has been on show so far.

Keith_M
Also bizarre that the window is still open

That would be a good argument if our Head coach hadn't said already that he wasn't signing anybody else.

Springbank
15-08-2019, 01:39 PM
I personally think the root of our problems is that this is the second season running where we've a poor balance in midfield.

McGeough-Vela-Allan would be a truly cracking midfield
McGeough-Vela-Mallan would also have its merits

But Vela-Allan-Mallan is an imbalanced midfield, especially if there's a slightly more listless player like Newell on one of the flanks.
Personally I see Allan as the best at the club, and Mallan the man to come off the bench for the final quarter to give Allan a break.
Playing both those no. 10's together, plus Newell...well...we should expect bookings for Vela & the defence that sit behind them.

The decision to release /not retain 2 Defensive Mids in the summer was one that had "high risk" written on it. I've been waiting since to see where the balance would come. It's not come with Newell & I can't see it developing with him (though would very much like to be wrong on that one). Vela has something, but would benefit enormously from a McGeough type in there with him.

HoboHarry
15-08-2019, 01:41 PM
That would be a good argument if our Head coach hadn't said already that he wasn't signing anybody else.
Oh come on, you know better than that. This line is being repeated all over the place minus the second part about unless something comes up. We are not finished of that I am sure.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2019, 01:48 PM

I love that argument, yet we all know deep down they will eventually get it right, whereas we just never do bar the odd exceptional day.

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Actually you make an interesting point. Why start yet another thread covering what's already spread across multiple threads? Bit odd really when you think about it. Or maybe it's just me.

You call posts "odd" and "bizarre" yet you have added nothing about football to any of this thread.

Maybe you are worried about having a poor opinion on hibs current state,I dont know,but you sure use some baffling words to describe opinions.

The 90+2
15-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Well, what's your solution?

That’s not much many of us can do realistically. I won’t be shouting down people who have concerns though.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 01:58 PM
I love that argument, yet we all know deep down they will eventually get it right, whereas we just never do bar the odd exceptional day.

I'm not convinced we wont get it right at this point. You guys may well be right, but I would rather give the team a bit of time before I write the new boys and the manager off.

I actually think its mental that I appear to be in the minority in thinking 2 league games is no amount of time to judge so many new players.

Kato
15-08-2019, 02:12 PM
The majority who post team selections with very little of the new starters in it don’t get questioned as to why, they don’t get told to give the new guys a chance or being told they are hysterical, it’s only when someone questions why none of the new players are good enough to be ahead of our old guys it gets shouted down as not being patient or having a go etc.

Incidentally if I didn’t care about posters feelings of opinions of the club, players etc there would be no point in being a member on a fans site.

I think you take the whole message board thing way too seriously.

Since90+2
15-08-2019, 02:13 PM
I personally think the root of our problems is that this is the second season running where we've a poor balance in midfield.

McGeough-Vela-Allan would be a truly cracking midfield
McGeough-Vela-Mallan would also have its merits

But Vela-Allan-Mallan is an imbalanced midfield, especially if there's a slightly more listless player like Newell on one of the flanks.
Personally I see Allan as the best at the club, and Mallan the man to come off the bench for the final quarter to give Allan a break.
Playing both those no. 10's together, plus Newell...well...we should expect bookings for Vela & the defence that sit behind them.

The decision to release /not retain 2 Defensive Mids in the summer was one that had "high risk" written on it. I've been waiting since to see where the balance would come. It's not come with Newell & I can't see it developing with him (though would very much like to be wrong on that one). Vela has something, but would benefit enormously from a McGeough type in there with him.

McGeough is massively underated by a proportion of our support.

Cataplana
15-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Wha's in charge?

loanheadhibby
15-08-2019, 02:22 PM
The same recruitment that Stubbs used to good effect, Lennon used his own agents and contacts to get players. Hyndman and Gauld are decent players but due to the imbalance in the squad and injuries they were ineffective.

The manager meets with recruitment and asks for a certain type of player, they find them and the manager chooses who he wants, Stubbs had a better eye than Lennon.

That is not a good reflection on the club if we allowed a manager to dictate what agents we used. I would ask what is the point of the recruitment team if we are restricting ourselves in this way.

You say that Stubbs has a better eye for a player? If that is the case, I am surprised he is not currently in a job and he did not last at Rotherham or St Mirren.

tonyrougier123
15-08-2019, 02:41 PM

Thats you having dig!! 😂

Maybe if threads weren't strewn with nonsense like your post here.people would notice what is being discussed in other threads!! As for driving people of this forum,how so? Thats a peach that.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 02:54 PM
Thats you having dig!! 😂

Maybe if threads weren't strewn with nonsense like your post here.people would notice what is being discussed in other threads!! As for driving people of this forum,how so? Thats a peach that.

I do actually know a fair few that don't come on here due to the constant negativity. Course everyone has a right to post their view, its a forum after all. But thread after thread kicking the club can be pretty off putting for some.

Hibeesmad
15-08-2019, 02:59 PM
No need to take the sarcy tone with me :greengrin It's not me making the decisions or signings. I don't think things are looking fantastic as they are, I'm simply telling you we won't sign another Middleton and that it doesn't make sense to sign players to cover the eventuality of 3 injuries at once.

Striker who can play on the wing would be even better 😃

Kato
15-08-2019, 02:59 PM
That’s not much many of us can do realistically. I won’t be shouting down people who have concerns though.

No one is trying to shout you down but taking a sample of who was picked by posters on here is an indicator of nothing and will do nothing to improve things on the pitch.

Captain Trips
15-08-2019, 03:13 PM
What exactly have the new players done thus far to have somebody to require responsabilty? If a player was to play say 36 games per season to allow for injury or a suspension etc etc over 2 years close to 80 games we are to decide if good enough in 2/3 of those matches?

Gypsy King
15-08-2019, 03:57 PM
McGeough is massively underated by a proportion of our support.

He was also massively over rated by a proportion of our support. Some absolute muppets would have had you believe he was a better player than Mcginn.

SquashedFrogg
15-08-2019, 04:00 PM
He was also massively over rated by a proportion of our support. Some absolute muppets would have had you believe he was a better player than Mcginn.

Really?

SquashedFrogg
15-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Thats you having dig!! 😂

You do realise the irony in this post? Please tell me you do.

J-C
15-08-2019, 04:02 PM
That is not a good reflection on the club if we allowed a manager to dictate what agents we used. I would ask what is the point of the recruitment team if we are restricting ourselves in this way.

You say that Stubbs has a better eye for a player? If that is the case, I am surprised he is not currently in a job and he did not last at Rotherham or St Mirren.

They only scout the players the manager has asked to find for the positions he wants, they'll give their recommendations but ultimately the manager has the final say on transfers, even if that is using his own contacts. As I said, Stubbs used the recruitment team to it's fullest and it was working a treat, different manager, different players.

St Mirren and Rotherham, different scouts and budgets, also he wasn't with his 2 main coaches at St Mirren, Why did Heckingbottom flop at Leeds?

The Modfather
15-08-2019, 04:51 PM
I still think Newell could come good. His crossing is good and I could see him being useful in the right position.

Doidge is being hammered on here but he wins nice little flick ons for the likes of Scott Allan, Horgan, Flo and so forth.

Genuine question, what is his right position?

The 90+2
15-08-2019, 04:55 PM

Wide left?

Northernhibee
15-08-2019, 05:30 PM

Left side of a midfield three.

The 90+2
15-08-2019, 05:34 PM
Doidge/Flo
???
Horgan. Middleton
Newell Vela Allan
???

loanheadhibby
15-08-2019, 05:40 PM
They only scout the players the manager has asked to find for the positions he wants, they'll give their recommendations but ultimately the manager has the final say on transfers, even if that is using his own contacts. As I said, Stubbs used the recruitment team to it's fullest and it was working a treat, different manager, different players.

St Mirren and Rotherham, different scouts and budgets, also he wasn't with his 2 main coaches at St Mirren, Why did Heckingbottom flop at Leeds?

I find it hard to believe that if recruitment come up with a left back, our manager has the authority to say no as my agent has a left back on his books? Is that what we are saying here? Surely that's a conflict of interests?

Paul Heckingbottom possibly lost his job because he was not up to it? Perhaps he did not have the skill set to manage a championship club?

The Modfather
15-08-2019, 05:45 PM

You might well be right, but there’s not a 3 we can make from Vela/Mallan/Allan/Newell/Slivka that either has the balance or quality needed for the top 4 IMO. Although that’s not Newell’s fault.

Sammy7nil
15-08-2019, 06:10 PM

You are getting as grumpy as me :greengrin

tamig
15-08-2019, 06:19 PM
I find it hard to believe that if recruitment come up with a left back, our manager has the authority to say no as my agent has a left back on his books? Is that what we are saying here? Surely that's a conflict of interests?

Paul Heckingbottom possibly lost his job because he was not up to it? Perhaps he did not have the skill set to manage a championship club?
At the end of the day the recruitment team can only recommend and the manager decides who signs. If he chooses to ignore the recommendations and go his own way he lives or dies by those decisions.

One Day Soon
15-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Fair enough. Just continue to rant and rave about it, and stick the boot into anything Hibs. Hope it makes you feel better.

As crap it was, I just don't see it as the end of the world that you and others do. Iv seen us hammered before and will likely do so again. I really don't see what good constantly crying about it does.

Perhaps you'd care to quote where exactly I have been ranting and raving about it? As for claiming that I have been sticking the boot into anything Hibs, that's a pretty hyperbolic claim even by the standards of current .net debates - which is really saying something.

I don't know whether you are getting yourself so deep in a bunker in opposing any criticism of the manager and club that you're now incapable of reading posts dispassionately and accurately, but claiming that I see the Rangers result as 'the end of the world' is ludicrous. My point - and that of many others - is that there are a collection of pointers including our top 6 form at the tail end of last season, the nature of the signings made so far, the tactics and style we are currently playing and the way we folded in the Rangers game which all suggest reason for concern at this stage. Hopefully that will change dramatically, but AT THE MOMENT it isn't good.

The only crying being done here is in the unwillingness to entertain discussion on the subject.

SChibs
15-08-2019, 07:14 PM

From what I've seen Jackson should start ahead of McGregor and Middleton is a starter because boyle is out long term

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2019, 07:15 PM
You are getting as grumpy as me :greengrin

Maybe Rod has left Ron a new 5 year plan for him to implement?

Christ, Rod to Ron is only one change of letter.:wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
16-08-2019, 06:14 PM

It’s gotta be Ronaldo coming from Peru right shirley?

Captain Trips
16-08-2019, 07:28 PM

BH to be fair he never stated what 5yrs it was or if they were consecutive.

tonyrougier123
01-09-2019, 02:26 AM

?

tonyrougier123
01-09-2019, 02:31 AM
Nobody is responsible for signing good or bad players as they have not been here long enough to do either.

?

tonyrougier123
01-09-2019, 02:42 AM
I wonder if folk as in the highlighted posts 16 days after this thread was started feel the same.

To have your opinion shot down as a "society" problem or to say no one is responsible for the mess the squad is in,is in itself very dismissive of how people see it.

It would be nice to hear your opinion now.not judging like,just wonder if your thoughts have changed in a fortnight.

Not a longtime mind a fortnight.

Or maybe like hecky you guys think its the supporters faults.?

Cataplana
01-09-2019, 06:41 AM
I wonder if folk as in the highlighted posts 16 days after this thread was started feel the same.

To have your opinion shot down as a "society" problem or to say no one is responsible for the mess the squad is in,is in itself very dismissive of how people see it.

It would be nice to hear your opinion now.not judging like,just wonder if your thoughts have changed in a fortnight.

Not a longtime mind a fortnight.

Or maybe like hecky you guys think its the supporters faults.?

My opinion has changed. I was uneasy with the close season signings, but wanted some time to see if they would gel.

I can see that hasn't happened and fear that we may end up with a split dressing room with a bunch of English players sulking because Scottish football is harder than they were told.

Hibs should never be buying players from Forest Green.

Captain Trips
01-09-2019, 07:03 AM
My opinion has changed. I was uneasy with the close season signings, but wanted some time to see if they would gel.

I can see that hasn't happened and fear that we may end up with a split dressing room with a bunch of English players sulking because Scottish football is harder than they were told.

Hibs should never be buying players from Forest Green.

Thing is I do not know how good his signings really are as the players already here are not doing very well either. They might all be fantastic if the setup is right. At the moment it's stale and weak and if continues we are going to see a few more very bad scorelines.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2019, 07:18 AM
When does the Board become accountable?

hibbydad
01-09-2019, 07:23 AM
After yesterday's abysmal performance they should be accountable now my friend Baldy

green day
01-09-2019, 07:38 AM

Posted this on another thread earier -

"Fair point about the money, but my point is that our attendances will still "look ok" to the outside world and Dempster will undoubtedly tell us the fans "are not voting with their feet".

I am absolutely clear that Craig and Dempster made the wrong decision about Heckingbotham. This was a guy with zero experience of Scottish football, and yet it appears that he has made the decision to sign these English lower league jobbers (do we seriously think the recruitment guys came up with Vela / Newell??) for the top league in Scotland. And most (all) are no better than what we could have signed from the likes of Livi / Hamilton / Well etc.

What exactly do you think Dempster IS responsible for?

For me, these have gone tits up on her watch -

Recruitment - Player and Manager
Fans bar
Catering
Scanners
Stadium looks like a dump
Commercial income / Sponsor
Hospitality is pathetic (I was there last week)
Radio silence about what will happen with HSL money under Rons regime
Loyalty points debacle

Now, she isnt directly in charge of all of these, but she is responsible / appointed people to oversee.

If you are telling me that she doesnt have weekly meetings with these departments to see how its going / challenge - and if she has been happy with the progress, then perhaps her time is up too?"

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Posted this on another thread earier -

"Fair point about the money, but my point is that our attendances will still "look ok" to the outside world and Dempster will undoubtedly tell us the fans "are not voting with their feet".

I am absolutely clear that Craig and Dempster made the wrong decision about Heckingbotham. This was a guy with zero experience of Scottish football, and yet it appears that he has made the decision to sign these English lower league jobbers (do we seriously think the recruitment guys came up with Vela / Newell??) for the top league in Scotland. And most (all) are no better than what we could have signed from the likes of Livi / Hamilton / Well etc.

What exactly do you think Dempster IS responsible for?

For me, these have gone tits up on her watch -

Recruitment - Player and Manager
Fans bar
Catering
Scanners
Stadium looks like a dump
Commercial income / Sponsor
Hospitality is pathetic (I was there last week)
Radio silence about what will happen with HSL money under Rons regime
Loyalty points debacle

Now, she isnt directly in charge of all of these, but she is responsible / appointed people to oversee.

If you are telling me that she doesnt have weekly meetings with these departments to see how its going / challenge - and if she has been happy with the progress, then perhaps her time is up too?"

Good post :top marks

MWHIBBIES
01-09-2019, 08:00 AM

Probably if they get it wrong again. They have made many good decisions in the last 5 years I'd probably let them try again. Pressure is on though.