PDA

View Full Version : Sportsound

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

KDY Hibs
14-08-2019, 06:03 PM
Marvin Bartley on now, talking Hibs, great stuff!

bod
14-08-2019, 06:09 PM
took the best photo of the parade IMHO:thumbsup:

heretoday
14-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Great guy. Wish he was still at ER.

H18 SFR
14-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Great guy. Wish he was still at ER.

Based on the highlights I've seen of Livi he is playing well.

bigwheel
14-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Based on the highlights I've seen of Livi he is playing well.

He’d start for us at the moment ....

Sean1875
14-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Going to be very strange to see him come to ER and play with the opposition :boo hoo:

SideBurns
14-08-2019, 06:29 PM
Good banter between Marv and Kenny Miller too, talking about the SC win. Miller admitted it hurt at the time, but once the dust had settled he was delighted for us and that Hibs are a fantastic club.

Don't say it now...DON'T SAY IT..

SaulGoodman
14-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Good banter between Marv and Kenny Miller too, talking about the SC win. Miller admitted it hurt at the time, but once the dust had settled he was delighted for us and that Hibs are a fantastic club.

Could he still do a job for us?

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 06:30 PM
He’d start for us at the moment ....

Could have done with him at Ibrox.

rotherhamrob
14-08-2019, 06:43 PM
It was also interesting that marvin made a point of mentioning pH in the good coach category even though he never got a start under him.

Sir David Gray
14-08-2019, 06:49 PM
I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Loved the guy and he just got the club.

Since452
14-08-2019, 06:52 PM
It was also interesting that marvin made a point of mentioning pH in the good coach category even though he never got a start under him.

Funny how there are so many people within the game saying how good he is

Sammy7nil
14-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Funny how there are so many people within the game saying how good he is

"Fitba folk ken whits gone oan" :greengrin

Pretty Boy
14-08-2019, 07:31 PM

Bartley is a legend and Kenny Miller is a decent guy as well.

Took the time to congratulate all the Hibs players after the cup final and his partner set the record straight on Twitter regarding the 'every player was attacked' pish.

SideBurns
14-08-2019, 07:56 PM
Bartley is a legend and Kenny Miller is a decent guy as well.

Took the time to congratulate all the Hibs players after the cup final and his partner set the record straight on Twitter regarding the 'every player was attacked' pish.

Plenty time for Miller; he's always been very respectful when talking about Hibs, and a great professional who made the most of his ability.

I know the ship has sailed, but wish one of our previous managers had given him the opportunity to return here.

As for Marv - nothing more needs said than the word you chose; "legend".

e2los
14-08-2019, 08:01 PM
Just randomly jumping in as it is so refreshing to read a positive thread.

Totally agree with all the positive posts.

Marvin is the definition of hibs class, such a nice guy.

Just Jimmy
14-08-2019, 09:22 PM
Hibs made a mistake letting Marv go and they also made a mistake not playing him more last season. even with Milligan etc he was still the best at that role at the club.

We're wetting our pants looking for someone to come in and play the Marvin Bartley role when we had Marvin Bartley.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
14-08-2019, 09:25 PM
Hibs made a mistake letting Marv go and they also made a mistake not playing him more last season. even with Milligan etc he was still the best at that role at the club.

We're wetting our pants looking for someone to come in and play the Marvin Bartley role when we had Marvin Bartley.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Marv had his time and wasn’t as good at doing the things he used to be good at. He hadn’t been a regular for a couple of years really.

Loved Marv, but we need a lot better than him if we want to do anything this year.

Nicho87
14-08-2019, 09:27 PM
It’s criminal hecky released 2 holding midfielders and still not brought one replacement in.

Carheenlea
14-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Marv had his time and wasn’t as good at doing the things he used to be good at. He hadn’t been a regular for a couple of years really.

Loved Marv, but we need a lot better than him if we want to do anything this year.

It’s criminal hecky released 2 holding midfielders and still not brought one replacement in.

Marvin Bartley had his limitations to what he could do, but he is a better option than we currently have in that position.

GreenCastle
14-08-2019, 09:50 PM
He nearly scored at the weekend with a header in the last minute I think...

Was desperate for him to have a shot or even score without a Hibs.

Legend of a guy and will happily clap him when he comes back to ER.

CMurdoch
14-08-2019, 11:31 PM

I think he thought he had Ojo in the bag when he released Milligan and Vela would be No2

lucky
15-08-2019, 06:13 AM
I think he thought he had Ojo in the bag when he released Milligan and Vela would be No2

That again shows that PH made a mistake and in my opinion not up to the job. We desperately need a holding midfielder but he’s let 2 go and brought 1 in. Vela has good pedigree but has not really showed he’s better than the 2 we let go

Captain Trips
15-08-2019, 06:17 AM

Perhaps we do need better but until we do he was more than capable and a very good option. But he probably wanted more game time that he might not get here.

heretoday
15-08-2019, 06:24 AM
Marvin Bartley had his limitations to what he could do, but he is a better option than we currently have in that position.

Too right. He was a character too which we lack in my opinion.

BILLYHIBS
15-08-2019, 07:15 AM
Loved the Big Man

He hated Hearts and they were SCARED of him

League Cup Final versus Ross County (still don’t know how we lost that) I thought he was outstanding and Molde away he held us together you could see the look of relief on the faces on the Molde players when he had to go off and the game was up

I felt latterly he was plagued by injury and he played with his leg heavily strapped I remember one poor performance at home versus Aberdeen 1-2 in February but such was his commitment to the club he was always prepared to put his body on the line for the cause

Legend!

SMAXXA
15-08-2019, 07:31 AM
That again shows that PH made a mistake and in my opinion not up to the job. We desperately need a holding midfielder but he’s let 2 go and brought 1 in. Vela has good pedigree but has not really showed he’s better than the 2 we let go

You cannot seriously be blaming him for the OJO situation? We let those 2 go and they needed to be told this some time before we signed anyone to allow them to get a new club, the OJO situation was created by many factors none of which were PH doing imo

RoxburghHibs
15-08-2019, 09:04 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07kn14h

we are hibs
03-02-2020, 07:08 PM
Michael Stewart laying into that fat hun prick Jim Traynor on sportsound calling him dangerous and a bully. Well in. Lying cretinous pig. About time he was called out publicly.

The 90+2
03-02-2020, 07:13 PM
Michael Stewart laying into that fat hun prick Jim Traynor on sportsound calling him dangerous and a bully. Well in. Lying cretinous pig. About time he was called out publicly.

Mikey Stewart = good egg. I’m sure he’s a Hibs fan now.

BILLYHIBS
03-02-2020, 07:18 PM

Hey Mickey Mickey !

He used to be a Jambo but he’s all right now!

Remember we sung that to him after scoring a howitzer against the sheep in the Scottish Cup

MikeyS
03-02-2020, 07:18 PM

Still very much a Jambo, but really enjoyed his time at Hibs.
He splits opinion like no other but I think he always tries to be fair and gives an honest opinion on all teams. Jambos hate that part!

MikeyS
03-02-2020, 07:19 PM
Hey Mickey Mickey !

He used to be a Jambo but he’s all right now!

Remember we sung that to him after scoring a howitzer against the sheep in the Scottish Cup

Got a great reception back at Easter Road immediately after the CIS final too.

BILLYHIBS
03-02-2020, 07:21 PM
Got a great reception back at Easter Road immediately after the CIS final too.

Yeah don’t think he played in the Final

I don’t think he was too happy

Iggy Pope
03-02-2020, 07:25 PM
Yeah don’t think he played in the Final

I don’t think he was too happy

His sour coupon didn’t half spoil the photos.

hibsbollah
03-02-2020, 07:26 PM

There will be a few on the sportsound staff who will still be well in with him.

KingPat4
03-02-2020, 07:27 PM

Collins humiliated him.

DH1875
03-02-2020, 07:28 PM
Having a go at Flo now 😀

03-02-2020, 07:38 PM
Michael Stewart really got stuck into Jim Traynor there about the Morelos car tampering story. Not before time that someone called out Traynor. Would love it if they got Traynor on to defend himself but can't see that happening. It'll be Billy Dodds getting his brain all in a tangle over it.

keep the faith
03-02-2020, 07:38 PM

Tell you what he didnt miss him! Guys in the studio started panicking and defending their old pal.
Brilliant Michael Stewart!!

BroxburnHibee
03-02-2020, 07:39 PM
Anywhere I can listen to it?

03-02-2020, 07:43 PM

Podcast will be available a bit later at BBC Sounds, it was near the end of the programme.

Golden Bear
03-02-2020, 08:30 PM

Yip. He had a face like a weel skelpt ass for the whole day. He was obviously a very unhappy bunny because he wasn't directly involved.

Hiber-nation
03-02-2020, 08:39 PM
Have to say that was brilliant to hear, Traynor absolutely slaughtered. Well done Mikey :aok:

S4uzee
03-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Have to say that was brilliant to hear, Traynor absolutely slaughtered. Well done Mikey :aok:

Why was he slaughtered?

Spike Mandela
03-02-2020, 08:57 PM
Why was he slaughtered?

Why not?:wink:

ancient hibee
03-02-2020, 09:12 PM
I was interested to hear him say on Saturday before the game that Flo was not a disruptive influence just as he (Stewart) had not been.It’s all garbage according to him.

sleeping giant
03-02-2020, 09:20 PM
Tell you what he didnt miss him! Guys in the studio started panicking and defending their old pal.

Studio guys shat themselves.

Well done to Michael Stewart. Didnt hold back and articulated what most were thinking.

Couldnt believe what I was hearing. 😄
Specifically named Traynor too.

Carheenlea
03-02-2020, 09:41 PM
It’s been that long since Traynor was a fixture on Sportsound - not sure there are many of his colleagues left on the show from his time there.

James Stephen
03-02-2020, 10:17 PM
I was interested to hear him say on Saturday before the game that Flo was not a disruptive influence just as he (Stewart) had not been.It’s all garbage according to him.

I listened to that, but i took it to mean that he wasnt going to just listen to rumours from other people about what he was like, because that has happened to him and it was total rubbish.

He wasnt defending flo (in fact he got stuck right into him for his comments) but was instead saying he wasnt going to slate him based on second hand info that he personally couldnt say was true or not.

Hibernian Verse
03-02-2020, 10:18 PM
I was interested to hear him say on Saturday before the game that Flo was not a disruptive influence just as he (Stewart) had not been.It’s all garbage according to him.You've just made that up. He said he wouldn't comment on it as he had been falsely accused in the past - which is fair enough if that's the stance he wants to take.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
03-02-2020, 10:18 PM
It’s been that long since Traynor was a fixture on Sportsound - not sure there are many of his colleagues left on the show from his time there.

The guy that does the scores on a Saturday, st Mirren fan was his assistant on that phone in, Traynor used to rip him to bits weekly, someone Currie. The lassie that was on it is still on the bbc too.

Not In The Know
03-02-2020, 11:11 PM

he never said that. He said he couldn’t comment on flo as he didn’t know him or what was going on in the Hibs dressing room. Reason being people spread false rumours about him when he played and knows how it feels.

ancient hibee
03-02-2020, 11:14 PM
You've just made that up. He said he wouldn't comment on it as he had been falsely accused in the past - which is fair enough if that's the stance he wants to take.

he never said that. He said he couldn’t comment on flo as he didn’t know him or what was going on in the Hibs dressing room. Reason being people spread false rumours about him when he played and knows how it feels.
Obviously misheard.I was driving at the time.Find some of the remarks on here these days very offensive.

davhibby
04-02-2020, 12:59 AM

What he actually said is that he didn’t know if he was so he didn’t want to comment on speculation as he’d been accused of it when it wasn’t true in the past.

davhibby
04-02-2020, 01:02 AM
It’s good that Stewart has said something about Traynor, about time someone called him out

Jim44
04-02-2020, 02:51 AM
Podcast will be available a bit later at BBC Sounds, it was near the end of the programme.

The only Sportsound podcast from Saturday listed seems to be the second one after the matches. There is no sign of the prematch one. Surely they wouldn’t have removed it because of controversy.

givescotlandfreedom
04-02-2020, 02:59 AM
https://youtu.be/KZEZXkr9OiM here's the relevant part. Marvellous comments

Since452
04-02-2020, 06:27 AM
I think Stewart is superb as a pundit. By far the best one north of the border.

BILLYHIBS
04-02-2020, 06:32 AM
Brilliant!

Well said Michael

The Rangers PR machine once again using deflection tactics to move the focus away from yet another league campaign failure

Racism in football is unacceptable in all circumstances and I do not condone that for one minute but the side issue of the “ brake tampering episode” involving Mrs Morelos has been comedy gold

I personally tuned in to get the latest on our soon to be explayer Florian Kamberi but I suppose that can now wait until his return to our great club in six months time with his tail between his legs

MikeyS
04-02-2020, 08:02 AM
Just had a listen.....King of the Huns McIntyre was nearly having kittens there. Petrified that Traynor turns on him I bet.

staunchhibby
04-02-2020, 08:11 AM
Keep up the good work Michael

BILLYHIBS
04-02-2020, 08:13 AM
Open Goal: On the road with Michael Stewart

On YouTube now

Loads of HIBS content

Worth a watch

Spike Mandela
04-02-2020, 08:19 AM
https://youtu.be/KZEZXkr9OiM here's the relevant part. Marvellous comments

Interestingly, it may be coincidence, but said podcast which is usually available for listening the same night still isn’t available. Lawyers looking it over???

Michael Stewart superb on this matter whist Kenny McIntyre and Daryl Broadfoot clearly complicit in Traynor’s kind of media manipulation. I genuinely fear Stewart may go the same way as Spence in terms of the BBC.

Hibernian Verse
04-02-2020, 08:31 AM
Interestingly, it may be coincidence, but said podcast which is usually available for listening the same night still isn’t available. Lawyers looking it over???

Michael Stewart superb on this matter whist Kenny McIntyre and Daryl Broadfoot clearly complicit in Traynor’s kind of media manipulation. I genuinely fear Stewart may go the same way as Spence in terms of the BBC.I think Michael Stewart belongs on a platform that he isn't muted on. The BBC will always tow a party line, get the guy on BT.

Betty Boop
04-02-2020, 08:32 AM
Michael Stewart the BBCs attempt at a shock jock. A poor mans Chris Sutton.

The 90+2
04-02-2020, 08:32 AM
I think Michael Stewart belongs on a platform that he isn't muted on. The BBC will always tow a party line, get the guy on BT.

He is on BT but as from the end of the season BT not do Scottish football anymore.

oneone73
04-02-2020, 08:51 AM
I think Michael Stewart belongs on a platform that he isn't muted on. The BBC will always tow a party line, get the guy on BT.

Tbf, it's probably not on a podcast for legal reasons. To call the head of a PR outfit a bully is potentially defamatory.

JimBHibees
04-02-2020, 08:53 AM
Best pundit by a mile honest intelligent and not afraid to call it how it is.

Gloucester Hibs
04-02-2020, 08:53 AM
Statement incoming? :hmmm:

Dalianwanda
04-02-2020, 08:54 AM

I don’t agree, here he’s not just saying something to keep himself relevant. He’s doing what any journalist/pundit worth their salt should be doing which is calling out situations as he sees it and articulating well.

SquashedFrogg
04-02-2020, 08:57 AM
I don’t agree, here he’s not just saying something to keep himself relevant. He’s doing what any journalist/pundit worth their salt should be doing which is calling out situations as he sees it and articulating well.

Completely. The sanitised nature of main stream media these days (particularly in sport and politics) is depressing. We need more people to speak out. Even if it makes some people feel uncomfortable.

The 90+2
04-02-2020, 09:00 AM
BBC still haven’t released the podcast yet which is usually available 30 mins after. Major sweep up operation?

Spike Mandela
04-02-2020, 09:04 AM
Tbf, it's probably not on a podcast for legal reasons. To call the head of a PR outfit a bully is potentially defamatory.

Only if it’s untrue.

Hibby Bairn
04-02-2020, 09:05 AM
BBC still haven’t released the podcast yet which is usually available 30 mins after. Major sweep up operation?

Media control and manipulation. Probably a call from Traynor or legal people to say don’t release or we will come after you. Or BBC people holding it for fear of reprisals. Either way major issues for media, freedom of speech, journalism. Not dissimilar to what was going on yesterday in Downing Street.

oneone73
04-02-2020, 09:06 AM
Only if it’s untrue.

Still messy to defend - although a right to reply would probably do it.

SMAXXA
04-02-2020, 09:16 AM

No chances he’s one of the best we have no agenda and says it how it is without fear of upsetting the establishment.

Cataplana
04-02-2020, 09:24 AM
Media control and manipulation. Probably a call from Traynor or legal people to say don’t release or we will come after you. Or BBC people holding it for fear of reprisals. Either way major issues for media, freedom of speech, journalism. Not dissimilar to what was going on yesterday in Downing Street.

It's possible there is a technical problem, or that the person who usually puts it on is off.

flash
04-02-2020, 09:31 AM

Couldn't disagree more. Calls things as he sees them which is how it should be.

hibsbollah
04-02-2020, 09:34 AM

It would be fairly easy to defend, which isn't to say Traynor wouldn't launch proceedings anyway for PR purposes. The sequence of events Stewart is describing is irrefutable, the only thing that stands out as possibly defamatory is calling him a 'bully', which is Stewart's personal opinion and which the lickspittle poodle fatted lamb chomping presenter whose name escapes me clarified was absolutely not the opinion of the BBC as an organisation.

Any sheriff (can't remember if defamation is a civil or criminal offense up here) would surely only have to listen to Traynor the Hutt for 30 seconds in a witness stand to accurately assess, yes, you are a bully, fatso, now **** off.

Cataplana
04-02-2020, 09:37 AM

Did he call things the right way when he organised a concert party to go to Rod Petrie's house in 2007?

I like him as a pundit, but it will be interesting to hear what people think of him should he turn his focus on Hibs at some point in the future.

Pundits are like referees, if they are upsetting everyone they must be doing something right.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2020, 09:41 AM
What is really disappointing about this, is the the input from Kenny McIntyre. Any credibility that he may have had is all but gone.

mjhibby
04-02-2020, 09:42 AM

Clearly BBC self censoring itself. The garbage that traynor puts out makes Steve Bannon seem measured. Also of course no coincidence that they are now 7 points behind Celtic and needed to distract their supporters.

hibsbollah
04-02-2020, 09:43 AM
What is really disappointing about this, is the the input from Kenny McIntyre. Any credibility that he may have had is all but gone.

He would have had a producer in his ear screaming blue murder (Freudian slip) at him.

mjhibby
04-02-2020, 09:44 AM

Showed his true colours. Great to see Mickey let rip but do fear he will be in hot water for telling the truth.

Carheenlea
04-02-2020, 09:48 AM

It’s not the first time Kenny McIntyre jumps to distance the programme or BBC from individual commentator views. Just a bit over enthusiastic in clarifying such at times. I quite like him as a host.

The podcast is usually in my iTunes app every morning, so definitely something afoot.

Cataplana
04-02-2020, 09:49 AM
Is this the show people are talking about?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000dzz0

Spike Mandela
04-02-2020, 09:56 AM

Nope that’s a similarly named show on Radio Ulster appropriately enough

JeMeSouviens
04-02-2020, 09:58 AM

No, it would normally be here but they haven't made last night's available:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/series/p02nrsc7

Cataplana
04-02-2020, 09:58 AM
Nope that’s a similarly named show on Radio Ulster appropriately enough

Lol

hibby rae
04-02-2020, 10:03 AM
It’s not the first time Kenny McIntyre jumps to distance the programme or BBC from individual commentator views. Just a bit over enthusiastic in clarifying such at times. I quite like him as a host.

The podcast is usually in my iTunes app every morning, so definitely something afoot.

Haven't listened to the show yet, but I've always found Kenny McIntyre to be a **** stirring poor excuse for a journalist. Really annoys me how he cuts into people's answers to goad them.

hibby rae
04-02-2020, 10:08 AM
Open Goal: On the road with Michael Stewart

On YouTube now

Loads of HIBS content

Worth a watch

Also, his interview on Nutmeg. Talks through what happened with Collins but said his happiest time playing was at Hibs. Personally, I think a team built around him would have been class. He was a McGeouch.

The Captain....
04-02-2020, 10:16 AM
Michael Stewart absolutely spot on. We all know who was behind the planted stories in the press about Morelos brakes being tampered with and why.

Jabba must be one of the poorest PR men in the business..he continually manages to bungle things to such an extent that he makes himself the story..pr folk are supposed to be inconspicuous. He is an odious individual who Scottish football and society would be much the better without.

I expect Stewart wont be getting many shifts on that show going forward..the bbc, despite rangers attempting to bully them by refusing media duties, kow tows to them at every opportunity.

In microcosm it's an example of how toxic Rangers are in scottish football and society.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Jim44
04-02-2020, 10:19 AM
It's possible there is a technical problem, or that the person who usually puts it on is off.

Technical problem? Nah ...... if he or she was off he or she managed to get in for the second part after the games.

Cataplana
04-02-2020, 10:21 AM
Technical problem? Nah ...... if he or she was off he or she managed to get in for the second part after the games.

Just a thought.

hibbyfraelibby
04-02-2020, 10:26 AM

Stewarts defence would be "fair comment" even if shown to be untrue and it would work because it is a fair comment against the background of the Traynor inspired ban on McLaughlin for reporing the truth. Do they really want the details to come out in court?

killie-hibby
04-02-2020, 10:47 AM
Craig Paterson seems to have disappeared from Sportsound. He was not a RanTic psycophant. Craig was fair and unbiased in his reports and observations. Perhaps Sportsound pundits job descriptions state that there are two Scottish teams who must be regarded as the epitomy of decency and fairness. I haven’t a clue if Morelos receives racist abuse. Why have BBC Sportsound/Sportscene pundits et al neglected the issue of sectarianism which is blatantly obvious to and from which two clubs it radiates from.

oneone73
04-02-2020, 10:49 AM
Stewarts defence would be "fair comment" even if shown to be untrue and it would work because it is a fair comment against the background of the Traynor inspired ban on McLaughlin for reporing the truth. Do they really want the details to come out in court?

I'm not sure calling someone a bully is fair comment if it's untrue. Anyway, I very much doubt Jim Traynor will be looking for a legal remedy. Look out for a nice positive Rangers PR piece on Sportsound very shortly!

hibsbollah
04-02-2020, 10:52 AM
Craig Paterson seems to have disappeared from Sportsound. He was not a RanTic psycophant. Craig was fair and unbiased in his reports and observations. Perhaps Sportsound pundits job descriptions state that there are two Scottish teams who must be regarded as the epitomy of decency and fairness. I haven’t a clue if Morelos receives racist abuse. Why have BBC Sportsound/Sportscene pundits et al neglected the issue of sectarianism which is blatantly obvious to and from which two clubs it radiates from.

Basically sevco are gaslighting. Because they have no defense for their various odious behaviours, they accuse others of it. So they call other people bigots and bullies, and accuse the BBC of anti rangers bias when any idiot knows the opposite is true. The BBC are wrong footed and wary of bullets in the post and all the rest of it, and then go too far the other way to protect Traynor and his disgusting organisation, and the result is they actually benefit.

It's all a bit Trump.

hibbyfraelibby
04-02-2020, 10:56 AM
I'm not sure calling someone a bully is fair comment if it's untrue. Anyway, I very much doubt Jim Traynor will be looking for a legal remedy. Look out for a nice positive Rangers PR piece on Sportsound very shortly!

In a legal sense "fair comment" is a well defined and usually very successful defence in liable cases which is wht Traynor wont bring the caee to court. This is civil law not criminal law and the balance of probablities rather the beyond reasonable doubt principles apply. Been there, done it and seen the other guy pay for the T shirt.

hibsbollah
04-02-2020, 10:58 AM

Read some of Alex Thomson's exposes on Traynor and I think you'll agree there is enough evidence that 'Traynor is a bully' is an indisputable fact.

poolman
04-02-2020, 11:01 AM

Nonsense

DarrenSQH
04-02-2020, 11:09 AM
Stewart is spot on. Traynors lies only further the likelihood of trouble. Theres probably still huns that think all 11 of the team was assaulted at the cup final and that someone tried to kill alfredo. All it takes is 1 idiot to retaliate to stories he has invented

BILLYHIBS
04-02-2020, 11:11 AM
Also, his interview on Nutmeg. Talks through what happened with Collins but said his happiest time playing was at Hibs. Personally, I think a team built around him would have been class. He was a McGeouch.
He certainly played well in a few notable victories

I remember him as being decent but my abiding memory is of him being physically sick on the pitch at the time I thought it was because of Collins’
strict training regime obviously not he was simply unwell and needed to be replaced

Fascinating interview especially the bits about Man Utd

Hates Potter

KingPat4
04-02-2020, 11:21 AM

Do you really think BBC Scotland want someone brave enough to tell the absolute truth about the most disgusting football club in Scotland? Half the people who work there will be Huns. Can you imagine any other broadcasting organisation giving the likes of Billy Dodds airtime?

Stewart is probably putting his own personal safety on the line here, but I feel that the cowards from the BBC will quietly show him the door - no doubt fueled by pressure from Sevco themselves.

:top marksfor Michael Stewart.

tamig
04-02-2020, 11:23 AM

Nonsense. Stewart ventures into territory Sutton wouldn’t go near.

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2020, 11:53 AM

Rubbish.

Sutton just opens his mouth for the sake of it. MS is always worth listening to. He's more genuine, honest & unbiased.

FilipinoHibs
04-02-2020, 11:54 AM
Traynor exposed

https://www.channel4.com/news/by/alex-thomson/blogs/succulent-lamb-rack

Cataplana
04-02-2020, 11:55 AM
Slightly off topic, but has anyone picked up on tension between Jonathan Sutherland and Steven Thomson on Sportscene. There seems to be a constant undercurrent of niggle between them.

Col2
04-02-2020, 12:04 PM
Slightly off topic, but has anyone picked up on tension between Jonathan Sutherland and Steven Thomson on Sportscene. There seems to be a constant undercurrent of niggle between them.

Sexual tension?

Cataplana
04-02-2020, 12:07 PM
Sexual tension?

Hmmm, I wondered why Thommo always has his legs crossed.

Carheenlea
04-02-2020, 12:10 PM
Do you really think BBC Scotland want someone brave enough to tell the absolute truth about the most disgusting football club in Scotland? Half the people who work there will be Huns. Can you imagine any other broadcasting organisation giving the likes of Billy Dodds airtime?

Stewart is probably putting his own personal safety on the line here, but I feel that the cowards from the BBC will quietly show him the door - no doubt fueled by pressure from Sevco themselves.

The ongoing dispute between Rangers and the BBC is mutual. Ever since BBC journalist Chris McLaughlin was told he was not permitted to enter Ibrox, the BBC responded by refusing to send any reporters to Ibrox or broadcast from the stadium. The row has been going for about three years, so I don’t think Rangers, or anyone within Ibrox holds any influence as to who can or cannot be guests on Sportsound.

BILLYHIBS
04-02-2020, 12:15 PM
This is the segment all the fuss is aboot

Apologies if already posted

https://youtu.be/KZEZXkr9OiM

Sammy7nil
04-02-2020, 12:16 PM

Sorry Chris is the shock Jock who often comes across as a tadger of the highest order towing the Celtic fiends agenda. MS meanwhile talks well on a lot subjects.

Jim44
04-02-2020, 12:17 PM

At least one muppet on FF has said that it’s maybe time Stewart got a wee knock on his door and I don’t think he was referring to the Jehovah Witnesses.

Allant1981
04-02-2020, 12:31 PM
Everything MS has said is true, you could hear the panic in the voices of the other 2, was actually embarrassing listening to them

Spike Mandela
04-02-2020, 12:34 PM
Jim Traynor’s brown shirts gear up for their masters bidding.....

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18209058.bbc-sportsounds-michael-stewart-rants-rangers-jim-traynor/

Cataplana
04-02-2020, 12:34 PM
This is the segment all the fuss is aboot

Apologies if already posted

https://youtu.be/KZEZXkr9OiM

A couple of bits there that are touching on defamation. The central allegation is that Traynor creates controversy, so that he can be paid to tidy it up.

Good luck proving that one.

I'm Spartacus
04-02-2020, 12:35 PM

Brilliant listening, listen to the arse snouting pigs in the studio panicking.

I bet the press release some muck on MS over the coming weeks, Traynor will order them to do it.

Biggie
04-02-2020, 12:37 PM
At least one muppet on FF has said that it’s maybe time Stewart got a wee knock on his door and I don’t think he was referring to the Jehovah Witnesses.
I guess that's a chance you take speaking your mind about the shenanigans around Scottish football.......pathetic eh ?

Stonewall
04-02-2020, 12:38 PM
The ongoing dispute between Rangers and the BBC is mutual. Ever since BBC journalist Chris McLaughlin was told he was not permitted to enter Ibrox, the BBC responded by refusing to send any reporters to Ibrox or broadcast from the stadium. The row has been going for about three years, so I don’t think Rangers, or anyone within Ibrox holds any influence as to who can or cannot be guests on Sportsound.

Perhaps not directly influence the choice of guests but it is reasonable to assume that the BBC would like to have a ‘normal’ relationship with Rangers and that Rangers are keeping the dispute with the BBC going for their own reasons. From the BBC’s pov Michael Stewart speaking out was not going to help the relationship with Rangers.

I think we all know MS was pretty much correct in what he said so I think which of us is right will be revealed over the next few weeks by whether MS continues to get the Sportsound gig.

Jones28
04-02-2020, 12:56 PM
Did he call things the right way when he organised a concert party to go to Rod Petrie's house in 2007?

I like him as a pundit, but it will be interesting to hear what people think of him should he turn his focus on Hibs at some point in the future.

Pundits are like referees, if they are upsetting everyone they must be doing something right.

He didn’t orchestrate that, as per his interview on Monday Night Fitba’ he did a few years ago.

we are hibs
04-02-2020, 12:57 PM
https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1224662981956468738?s=19

The daily record talking about false accusations is quite something when they have employed Jim Traynor previously and continue to employ that cretin Keith Jackson. How many huns were battered and spat on again?

BILLYHIBS
04-02-2020, 01:05 PM
He didn’t orchestrate that, as per his interview on Monday Night Fitba’ he did a few years ago.

Yip goes through it all again in his Open Goal interview with Si Ferry on YouTube

JeMeSouviens
04-02-2020, 01:10 PM

The daily record talking about false accusations is quite something when they have employed Jim Traynor previously and continue to employ that cretin Keith Jackson. How many huns were battered and spat on again?

The Record:

Last week we told our readers police were investigating claims by Morelos that the striker had found a man trying to access the underside of his car. This was confirmed by police.

There was no mention of brakes being tampered with – either in our initial online story or in our print version that was published the following day.

Also the Record:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EP7oeFAXsAABA-6?format=jpg&name=large

It doesn't actually have the word "brakes" but ffs! :rolleyes:

JeMeSouviens
04-02-2020, 01:13 PM
What Rangers FC could do with a young, modern, creative PR guru instead of an old blowhard 40 years in the business harbouring deep-seated grudges against sections of the media. A disaster.

https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/status/1224642396958400519

:greengrin

Since452
04-02-2020, 01:17 PM

Typical spoon burner. They were all attacked. Lee Wallace hasn't been seen since as he's still in hospital. Kenny Miller's wife lied about players not being attacked. In fact even she got attacked on the pitch by a soup taker and was too scared to speak up. Kenny went into the Fenian dressing room to congratulate the HIVS players and ended up getting brutaly attacked by every single player apart from Cummings who was still on the pitch assassinating brave bears GSTQ. NO SURRENDER FTP

04-02-2020, 01:18 PM
The Record:

Also the Record:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EP7oeFAXsAABA-6?format=jpg&name=large

It doesn't actually have the word "brakes" but ffs! :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/4La_Volpe/status/1224666437471670273?s=09

KingPat4
04-02-2020, 01:23 PM

Fair enough, but why was everyone flying into a panic if they're not bothered about the Hun?

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2020, 01:28 PM
Podcast still not available. I usually listen to the Monday night episode- it’s usually the best one with a pane of English, Stewart or Broadfoot with McIntyre deliberately twisting their words and picking arguments.

Funny this weeks one is delayed though...

matty_f
04-02-2020, 01:30 PM
Podcast still not available. I usually listen to the Monday night episode- it’s usually the best one with a pane of English, Stewart or Broadfoot with McIntyre deliberately twisting their words and picking arguments.

I was hoping to listen to it this morning as well,they must have had their knuckles wrapped for it.

Springbank
04-02-2020, 01:30 PM
Typical spoon burner. They were all attacked GSTQ. NO SURRENDER FTP

always makes me chuckle since 2016 when Gers fans come out with this.

if it happens on social media I like to reply to them with a picture of Darren McGregor holding up the Scottish Cup on Leith Links, and a wee message that just says "it's no a spoon mate, it's a Cup"

Sir David Gray
04-02-2020, 01:31 PM

He's nothing like Sutton.

Sutton often just says things to wind people up and get a reaction. Whilst you may not agree with Stewart's opinion, I always feel he's giving an honest opinion.

BILLYHIBS
04-02-2020, 01:38 PM
I was hoping to listen to it this morning as well,they must have had their knuckles wrapped for it.

Check out my post #113 Matty

hhibs
04-02-2020, 01:40 PM

Well said Flash,fully agree.

matty_f
04-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Check out my post #113 Matty

:aok:

hibsbollah
04-02-2020, 01:50 PM

MS regularly breakfasts in a edinburgh coffee shop I go to sometimes, he's fairly easy to spot around the city, and if he's not publically challenged by a Son of William I'll be surprised.

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2020, 01:51 PM
MS regularly breakfasts in a edinburgh coffee shop I go to sometimes, he's fairly easy to spot and if he's not publically challenged by a Son of William I'll be surprised.

Traynor will have done his job successfully then?

Stonewall
04-02-2020, 01:51 PM
A couple of bits there that are touching on defamation. The central allegation is that Traynor creates controversy, so that he can be paid to tidy it up.

Good luck proving that one.

It would be interesting if Traynor sued though.

Could open a right can of worms about how he goes about his business as we know all too well.

I don’t think he will somehow.

hibsbollah
04-02-2020, 01:52 PM
Traynor will have done his job successfully then?

:agree: And proving Stewart's point for him.

Since452
04-02-2020, 02:07 PM
always makes me chuckle since 2016 when Gers fans come out with this.

if it happens on social media I like to reply to them with a picture of Darren McGregor holding up the Scottish Cup on Leith Links, and a wee message that just says "it's no a spoon mate, it's a Cup"

Haha. It does the same to me. Glaswegians calling Edinburgh folk spoon burners is very hypocritical

hibby rae
04-02-2020, 02:08 PM

Same for me. It's by far the best one as you get some insightful, objective opinions. Also agree about Kenny McIntyre, he's like a **** stirring, pound shop Scottish football version of Piers Morgan. When Jonathan Sutherland or others fill in it's far better

Onceinawhile
04-02-2020, 02:11 PM
MS regularly breakfasts in a edinburgh coffee shop I go to sometimes, he's fairly easy to spot around the city, and if he's not publically challenged by a Son of William I'll be surprised.

I saw him outside sainsbury's at shandwick place today.

hibsbollah
04-02-2020, 02:25 PM

Buying merlot? :greengrin

Onceinawhile
04-02-2020, 02:28 PM

No, I was buying Pepsi max.

Oh him, nah he was just walking past.

JeMeSouviens
04-02-2020, 02:29 PM

MS would be a Malbec man I think, knows what's what. :agree:

DH1875
04-02-2020, 02:40 PM
Haha. It does the same to me. Glaswegians calling Edinburgh folk spoon burners is very hypocritical

It's Hibs fans, not people from Edinburgh.

givescotlandfreedom
04-02-2020, 02:44 PM

Here's tomorrow's Record to save everyone the hassle
Disgraced ex-footballing thug, Michael Stewart was today snared using a 5p TESCO carrier bag DESPITE being in Sainsbury's.
The soccer scrooge was spotted by a Record source putting back a bruised banana even though it being grown by a poor Ecuadorian farmer with four children to feed. Proving beyond all doubt the capital city's Patagonian prejudices
If that wasn't enough, the yes voting yob paid for his £8.00 shopping with a £20 NOTE despite the cashier asking if he had anything smaller and left the bemused worker to place his unwanted receipt into LANDFILL despite the ongoing climate crisis.
Our astonished source, trembling as he wiped grease from his 56" waist slacks, scratched a bald scalp pebbled with dandruff as he relayed the supermarket scandal to our vigilant reporter, Jeith Kackshun.
Mr Stewart was unavailable for comment due to what a well respected bystander described as drowning piglets.

Smartie
04-02-2020, 03:00 PM
Michael Stewart has been very critical of Hibs in the past and continues to say uncomfortable stuff about us from time to time. In my opinion, he is never far off the mark with his comments about us and they are genuine, honest opinions. Some folk are better than others at dealing with constructive criticism and opinion.

There will be Rangers fans who will apoplectic with rage at his comments. They are the usual, think skinned roasters who dole out death threats every time someone says something they don't like about their football team.

I'd be amazed though if there weren't a sizeable chunk, possibly even a majority who actually see where he's coming from on this one.

The Baldmans Comb
04-02-2020, 03:39 PM
Its a brave but dangerous game Michael Stewart is playing regarding Sevco as its one thing reading the situation very correctly but completely another calling it out in such detail and making it personal.

Sevco dealt with Graham Speirs comprehensively and lobbied hard against Jim Spence possibly hastening his move to freelance status.

Tom English is on their radar though hasn't quite overstepped the mark yet.

You would expect the BBC to go into full retreat mode now and wheel out wee Doadsy (has he paid his taxes yet?) and Alex Rae at the weekend to try to restore some favour.

We will soon find out if the tabloids have something on Stewart as Sevco and their support base will be raking deep.

An opiniated and intelligent broadcaster who can articulate accurately the never ending "suuculent lamb" culture and manipulation between Sevco and media outlets at the very least needs to be taken down a peg or to.

The fact that Michael Stewart is demonsttably Scottish will just add to their ire and anger.

hibby rae
04-02-2020, 03:41 PM
It's Hibs fans, not people from Edinburgh.

I'm guessing it comes from Trainspotting. The film, not the book, I doubt they can read.

number9dream
04-02-2020, 03:42 PM
Perhaps not directly influence the choice of guests but it is reasonable to assume that the BBC would like to have a ‘normal’ relationship with Rangers and that Rangers are keeping the dispute with the BBC going for their own reasons. From the BBC’s pov Michael Stewart speaking out was not going to help the relationship with Rangers.

I think we all know MS was pretty much correct in what he said so I think which of us is right will be revealed over the next few weeks by whether MS continues to get the Sportsound gig.

MS is the best pundit the BBC have by a long stretch, although I do think Neil McCann is pretty good when analysing a game on the radio.
There is no doubt BBC bosses will be pulling their hair out over this though since I think you're right to assume they would like to get back into Ibrox. It is a gaping hole in their coverage and surely there is pressure from down south to get access to a household name like Stevie G.
As long as Traynor is there, that is not going to happen since he does indeed appear to be a wee bully, who holds grudges against lots of journalists and former colleagues.
Maybe he will be phased out when Dave King rides into the sunset, if Rangers are remotely serious about their Everyone Anyone campaign, but the current impasse with the BBC plays well with a significant section of their following and fits with the rather bizarre 'everyone's agin us' attitude that currently prevails at what is surely one of the most 'establishment' clubs in the world.

I'm Spartacus
04-02-2020, 04:24 PM
MS regularly breakfasts in a edinburgh coffee shop I go to sometimes, he's fairly easy to spot around the city, and if he's not publicly challenged by a Son of William I'll be surprised.

I have 8am breakfast meetings in the Huxley quite often and I've seen him there 5 or 6 times. Where do you see him?

hibsbollah
04-02-2020, 04:31 PM
I have 8am breakfast meetings in the Huxley quite often and I've seen him there 5 or 6 times. Where do you see him?

A place in Morningside, he must like his breakfasts out!

truehibernian
04-02-2020, 05:14 PM
A place in Morningside, he must like his breakfasts out!

Michael is in this neck of the woods often............decent lad. Sadly though John Soutar has been allowed to reside here and he wanders up and down here like a giant stick insect. Standards are slipping bollah :greengrin Nid still rules this gaff mind despite the Airdrie gear :wink:

A few of the Hearts lads also congregate at Project Coffee in Bruntsfield. Saw Jamie Walker there recently and he reminded me of a jakey Clark Gable with his wispy tache......as I passed he fell off his seat under no pressure and was denied a penalty but (latte was uninjured).

Archie Lovell is a Morningside stalwart too...........Hibs Announcer and Daz are frequent visitors :greengrin:aok: so the Hibs contingent is strong in this hood :aok:

Allant1981
04-02-2020, 05:20 PM
Michael is in this neck of the woods often............decent lad. Sadly though John Soutar has been allowed to reside here and he wanders up and down here like a giant stick insect. Standards are slipping bollah :greengrin Nid still rules this gaff mind despite the Airdrie gear :wink:

A few of the Hearts lads also congregate at Project Coffee in Bruntsfield. Saw Jamie Walker there recently and he reminded me of a jakey Clark Gable with his wispy tache......as I passed he fell off his seat under no pressure and was denied a penalty but (latte was uninjured).

Archie Lovell is a Morningside stalwart too...........Hibs Announcer and Daz are frequent visitors :greengrin:aok: so the Hibs contingent is strong in this hood :aok:

See a lot of players in the area, I work at both the hospitals and often walk between the sites and see ian murray out walking his dog quite a lot, MS is always going about

truehibernian
04-02-2020, 05:24 PM
See a lot of players in the area, I work at both the hospitals and often walk between the sites and see ian murray out walking his dog quite a lot, MS is always going about

Ian stays down the road.........carry a red card with you if he's wearing that Airdrie training jacket next time Allan :greengrin:aok:

Barney McGrew
04-02-2020, 05:28 PM
Maybe not the exact thread for this, but it probably plays right into the overall point that Mikey Stewart was making.

Celtic have made a statement saying they’ve effectively had the Morelos interview on Sky retranslated for themselves, and the part where Morelos was said to say he heard the Celtic fans saying offensive and racist words actually sees him say nothing of the sort.

Could be a bit of explaining for Sky to do if that’s the case.

KingPat4
04-02-2020, 05:36 PM
He lives in Rutland Square.

Why don't you just give out which number he lives at,so the Huns can sniff him out?

:bitchy:

Sir David Gray
04-02-2020, 05:38 PM
Its a brave but dangerous game Michael Stewart is playing regarding Sevco as its one thing reading the situation very correctly but completely another calling it out in such detail and making it personal.

Sevco dealt with Graham Speirs comprehensively and lobbied hard against Jim Spence possibly hastening his move to freelance status.

Tom English is on their radar though hasn't quite overstepped the mark yet.

You would expect the BBC to go into full retreat mode now and wheel out wee Doadsy (has he paid his taxes yet?) and Alex Rae at the weekend to try to restore some favour.

We will soon find out if the tabloids have something on Stewart as Sevco and their support base will be raking deep.

An opiniated and intelligent broadcaster who can articulate accurately the never ending "suuculent lamb" culture and manipulation between Sevco and media outlets at the very least needs to be taken down a peg or to.

The fact that Michael Stewart is demonsttably Scottish will just add to their ire and anger.

I agree with most of what you have said but regarding the last paragraph, he's a Scottish person who is pro-independence and supports the SNP.

He's no more Scottish than anyone else who was born in Scotland.

Spike Mandela
04-02-2020, 05:41 PM
He's no more Scottish than anyone else who was born in Scotland.

Peely wally skin and red hair.....Aye he is.:wink:

Radium
04-02-2020, 05:43 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200204/c05bb1bf63906083bc9b5c14f698fe03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truehibernian
04-02-2020, 05:43 PM
Maybe not the exact thread for this, but it probably plays right into the overall point that Mikey Stewart was making.

Celtic have made a statement saying they’ve effectively had the Morelos interview on Sky retranslated for themselves, and the part where Morelos was said to say he heard the Celtic fans saying offensive and racist words actually sees him say nothing of the sort.

The bigger and more objective picture is that for decades Rangers and Celtic have benefited from decisions in football, on the pitch and off it, without so much as a whimper from other clubs or the football governance bodies (or Scottish football media). They are self absorbed with 'what aboutery' and perpetuate the horrible, vile division that exists in football and society.

Take the recent radio debate about The Rangers playing in orange and pundits like Ferguson 'not realising' it's an issue. Hidden in plain sight springs to mind. And you're not telling me Derek Ferguson doesn't realise the significance..........utter BS.

Not one media outlet seriously takes on their continued ignorance of sectarianism and how they fuel it. The Rangers or their players aren't being denied fairness, far from it, it just so happens in a new age world and social media a lot of football actions cannot be denied or ignored anymore because it's captured instantly and circulated in seconds by the masses.

As for Morelos - he's being targeted (by players) because he has shown within himself to be a player lacking good temperament on the pitch. In sport you exploit weakness. John McEnroe had poor temperament and other tennis players tried to exploit it. Not through malice, just part of sport and gaining advantage over an opponent.

Racism is abhorrent and if he has experienced it of course it's deplorable. But so is 40,000 singing about killing catholics and the Pope. Yet you won't ever read a statement from The Rangers condemning it. Until they get their own house in order, no one will take The Rangers seriously.

04-02-2020, 05:55 PM

Haven't watched the interview, do the end credits say "Subtitles - J Traynor"?

Barney McGrew
04-02-2020, 05:55 PM
Thinking more about the translation story, I wonder if what will come out is that it was the Rangers own translator that was used for the interview, and even further that they had editorial say so on the whole piece?

Mikey Stewart’s thoughts on it could be very interesting :greengrin

truehibernian
04-02-2020, 06:00 PM
Thinking more about the translation story, I wonder if what will come out is that it was the Rangers own translator that was used for the interview, and even further that they had editorial say so on the whole piece?

The same 'translator' that translated a slitting throat gesture as 'it's the end of the game' :cb

The 90+2
04-02-2020, 06:03 PM
Why don't you just give out which number he lives at,so the Huns can sniff him out?

90/16 👍

davhibby
04-02-2020, 06:04 PM
There’s an article by the record where the interview has been translated by someone who speaks spanish and it’s quite amazing. The whole sky translation looks like it was written by Traynor himself, barely any of it bares a resemblance to what Morelos is saying

Barney McGrew
04-02-2020, 06:04 PM
The same 'translator' that translated a slitting throat gesture as 'it's the end of the game'

Exactly.

Although I believe the correct translation of that gesture has now been clarified as “My wife’s going to kill me when she finds out” :cb

Barney McGrew
04-02-2020, 06:06 PM
There’s an article by the record where the interview has been translated by someone who speaks spanish and it’s quite amazing. The whole sky translation looks like it was written by Traynor himself, barely any of it bares a resemblance to what Morelos is saying

I watched the whole thing the other day, and even with me remembering bits of Spanish I’d been taught at school twenty odd years ago, I thought it was a bit iffy.

I did just put it down to me being daft, looks like my old Spanish teacher would have been proud of me after all.

04-02-2020, 06:07 PM

Hope he's on tonight's show. The show's listener numbers should be better than usual.

davhibby
04-02-2020, 06:07 PM
I watched the whole thing the other day, and even with me remembering bits of Spanish I’d been taught at school twenty odd years ago, I thought it was a bit iffy.

I did just put it down to me being daft, looks like my old Spanish teacher would have been proud of me after all.

Can’t post the article because I’m on my phone but it really is an eye opener

truehibernian
04-02-2020, 06:08 PM
Exactly.

Although I believe the correct translation of that gesture has now been clarified as “My wife’s going to kill me when she finds out” :cb

Their translator has eaten far too much succulent bandeja paisa Barney :greengrin

Barney McGrew
04-02-2020, 06:09 PM
Can’t post the article because I’m on my phone but it really is an eye opener

CELTIC Football Club has today asked Sky Sports to conduct an investigation into an interview broadcast yesterday, which accused Celtic supporters of racist behaviour.

Translations provided to Celtic Football Club have shown inconsistencies between the words spoken during the interview broadcast and the subtitles used by Sky Sports.

In particular, and most concerning, while the broadcaster used the following subtitle on screen: "Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words.”

Mr Morelos does not use these words anywhere within the extended interview which has been broadcast across Sky’s platforms.

Celtic FC has asked Sky Sports to clarify their position on this matter.

Celtic, a club open to all since its inception, abhors racism. Our consistent stance is that wherever racism exists it should be tackled head on. Celtic will always investigate any report of racist behaviour and take appropriate action. This is a standard which all clubs should meet.

Celtic needs no encouragement to pursue racism, particularly as players and management at the club have suffered abuse persistently over the years. The seriousness of such cases has been confirmed with the prosecution and criminal convictions of some of the perpetrators.

Celtic is proud of the wonderful reputation earned by its supporters over many years in many countries and at home. The club owes it to them to act in a responsible, dignified and professional manner and to treat racism with the seriousness it deserves.

truehibernian
04-02-2020, 06:16 PM
CELTIC Football Club has today asked Sky Sports to conduct an investigation into an interview broadcast yesterday, which accused Celtic supporters of racist behaviour.

Translations provided to Celtic Football Club have shown inconsistencies between the words spoken during the interview broadcast and the subtitles used by Sky Sports.

In particular, and most concerning, while the broadcaster used the following subtitle on screen: "Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words.”

Mr Morelos does not use these words anywhere within the extended interview which has been broadcast across Sky’s platforms.

Celtic, a club open to all since its inception, abhors racism. Our consistent stance is that wherever racism exists it should be tackled head on. Celtic will always investigate any report of racist behaviour and take appropriate action. This is a standard which all clubs should meet.

Celtic needs no encouragement to pursue racism, particularly as players and management at the club have suffered abuse persistently over the years. The seriousness of such cases has been confirmed with the prosecution and criminal convictions of some of the perpetrators.

Celtic is proud of the wonderful reputation earned by its supporters over many years in many countries and at home. The club owes it to them to act in a responsible, dignified and professional manner and to treat racism with the seriousness it deserves.

I long for the day we get rid of the pair of them from Scottish football personally. Both clubs hold us back in so many ways. That 'statement' is less about abhorring racism (which everyone abhors) but more about going at The Rangers..........both clubs are shameful.

Cataplana
04-02-2020, 06:21 PM

Over reaction IMO.

Now deleted, but it's a pretty well known fact anyway.

Would you mind deleting your post as it quotes the address?

KingPat4
04-02-2020, 06:22 PM
90/16 👍

Eh? That's my address.

:na na:

Torto7
04-02-2020, 06:28 PM
I long for the day we get rid of the pair of them from Scottish football personally. Both clubs hold us back in so many ways. That 'statement' is less about abhorring racism (which everyone abhors) but more about going at The Rangers..........both clubs are shameful.

That's a cop out. Show me the statements Celtic have made in recent years that are in anyway comparable to the Sevconians? They had every right to go after Sky in the statement. If it was aimed at Hibs we'd be fuming.

They told blatant lies about Hibernian and the clubs support. Their dodgy handshaking friends in the media and the police couldn't wait to get revenge after the cup final. Show me something comparable with Celtic fans?

I agree it would be a good thing if neither existed. One side is quite clearly worse than the other though.

04-02-2020, 06:29 PM
Looks like Sky have some explaining to do, seems like they might have been making fools of their customers.

The 90+2
04-02-2020, 06:32 PM
Eh? That's my address.

Change of username from Pat to Billy then I would suggest 😁😁

we are hibs
04-02-2020, 06:32 PM
Absolute embarrassment on sportsound. Theyve just apologised to that fat mess traynor. What a joke of a programme.

BroxburnHibee
04-02-2020, 06:33 PM
Apology to Traynor at start of the show.

DaveF
04-02-2020, 06:33 PM
Switched off. Not listening to that crap if they are pandering to zombie Huns like that.

Kato
04-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Apology to Traynor at start of the show.Lickspittles, cant be seen to be upsetting Johnny Hun, would never do.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

we are hibs
04-02-2020, 06:36 PM
https://twitter.com/Rikos67_/status/1224750389393686528?s=19

If anyone needed a reminder about how much of an embarrassment jim traynor is

KingPat4
04-02-2020, 06:37 PM
Have not been a regular listener for years. Tuned in tonight and switched off a minute later.

The 90+2
04-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Emails into the show...deleted deleted deleted.

Winston Ingram
04-02-2020, 06:40 PM
Is Michael Stewart on tonight?

keep the faith
04-02-2020, 06:45 PM

This. 100%

18Craig75
I’ve just turned off after that apology.

The huns van them and yet they still pander to those zombies.

Totally avoiding the topic. Surely the big story they should be discussing is the Sky Morelos interview translation and the subsequent Celtic statement. BBC lost their bottle. Looks like all their pundits are on a Twitter blackout, no tweets/retweets on any topics today that I can see (only checked a few of them though).

Radium
04-02-2020, 06:46 PM
... and then decide to let Derek ‘Dutch Colours’ Ferguson launch into Griffiths. Apparently because he thinks Griffiths tangled with his laddie earlier in the season he is guilty.

I absolutely accept that footballers add a perspective that few of us have but we are seeing some true colours when their beloved teams bottle has dropped.

James McFadden by contrast seems to be able to discuss it sensibily

Pretty Boy
04-02-2020, 06:51 PM
The Scottish media is terrified of Rangers. Stewart calls it as he sees it and then has someone apologise on his behalf for doing so. Pitiful.

Don't even get me started on Rangers lecturing others about bigotry and discrimination. It's a multi million pound industry for them and it's far from a minority who buy into it.

A despicable institution. The BBC and Rangers both.

Peevemor
04-02-2020, 07:02 PM
My ex father-in-law had 4 seats in the Waddell suite at Ibrox, directly in front of the press box and Traynor's old seat.

Every time I went Traynor had to constantly ask his fellow reporters what was going on. Who scored? Who got booked? Who made that tackle?, etc.

He was either half blind or not paying attention. Either way I could never understand how he kept his job as he appeared incapable of doing it properly.

Spike Mandela
04-02-2020, 07:07 PM
They deflected from and ignored the issue all the way through the ebt scandal and are as guilty of a whitewash regarding it as the SFA are. No surprise then it is still cowering in fear of Traynor and his propaganda.

Football is still corrupt in this country and we have neither the iimpartial authorities or broadcasters to change that.

tamig
04-02-2020, 07:07 PM
https://twitter.com/Rikos67_/status/1224750389393686528?s=19

If anyone needed a reminder about how much of an embarrassment jim traynor is
The last comment on the tweet is spot on.

worcesterhibby
04-02-2020, 07:09 PM
Absolute embarrassment on sportsound. Theyve just apologised to that fat mess traynor. What a joke of a programme.

Absolutely Pathetic

Since452
04-02-2020, 07:10 PM

Unless you're an orange *******

The Captain....
04-02-2020, 07:22 PM
#boycottsportsound Kenny McIntyre and sportsound has lost what little integrity they had after this.

What sort of society are we living in where this bullying behaviour is acceptable. Michael Stewart was entirely correct in his summation of Jim Traynor and today we see the proof. Traynor is a bigoted dinosaur who has one MO which is too bully and intimidate, lie and cheat. The man is a ****.

I'd stop paying my license fee if I didn't already cancel it [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Jones28
04-02-2020, 07:26 PM
What a lot of utter nonsense, I’ve been a listener for years of both the live show and the podcast. Low and behold, no podcast this morning and an utterly cringeworthy apology to Traynor.

We are truly through the looking glass now folks. Goodbye journalistic integrity, hello being beholden unto rangers at the drop of a hat.

Chorley Hibee
04-02-2020, 07:35 PM
The Scottish media is terrified of Rangers. Stewart calls it as he sees it and then has someone apologise on his behalf for doing so. Pitiful.

An added problem is most of the other clubs (our own included) are terrified of them too.

Radium
04-02-2020, 07:35 PM
From yesterday

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200204/52e6aa6ea294e7a8a78cff5a6f39cb1d.jpg

... and Sky seem to have taken the interview down

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200204/b3d0424675f94c2226bb32b4e1924de4.jpg

Sammy7nil
04-02-2020, 07:39 PM
Eh? That's my address.

The Huns will be round shortly :wink:

Jim44
04-02-2020, 07:41 PM
Despite the laughable conflict between Rangers and the BBC, Rangers are, without doubt, in control of the BBC or at least, the BBC are in awe and terrified of Rangers. The toxicity of the vile club is sickening but let’s not forget that their ugly sister only trails them by a short head when it comes to bigotry, lies and scandal. Unfortunately, the SFA turn a blind eye to their shenanigans and probably regard it as the life blood of Scottish football.

judas
04-02-2020, 07:42 PM
I wasn’t a big fan of Stewart as a player. But he a great pundit.

Since90+2
04-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Someone is going to be in deep doodoo over the Morelos translation.

bawheid
04-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Like other journalists living through these times, Stewart needed support. BBC have shat themselves. Shame on them.

Smartie
04-02-2020, 07:51 PM
The BBC is an absolute disgrace over this.

As a license fee payer, is there somewhere to officially complain?

This level of media manipulation is in nobody's interests and when a state broadcaster is in the pocket of a football club then it is a very sorry state of affairs.

Jim Traynor used to broadcast his views and opinions on radio Scotland. Even if you were to disagree with him, as long as he remained within boundaries of acceptability, he was absolutely entitled to air his views.

That he should deny that right to anyone else is disgraceful, if not remotely surprising.

Del Boy
04-02-2020, 07:54 PM
BBC are a joke, Michael Stewart is wasted there.

Keyser Sauzee
04-02-2020, 07:57 PM
Not seen the apology from BBC but has Stewart made any comments yet?

Waxy
04-02-2020, 08:02 PM
Scottish football will always be like this unless clubs form a breakaway league and stuff the old bigots.

Hibees1973
04-02-2020, 08:08 PM
Doesn’t this make you cold and feeling you are in the presence of something sinister.

For the BBC to apologise seems to me that their journalists/staff are unable to give their views. I remember Stewart criticising Rangers for their Orange away kit. Everyone knows it is a reference to their Protestant/William of Orange history yet the former Rangers/Hearts player, Derek Ferguson, said it related to their recruitment of Dutch players under Advocaat. He claimed not to see a link between the colour Orange and King Billy, etc. Eh?

The tentacles of Protestant bigotry reaches all parts of society in Scotland. I feel the BBC have just been rapped on the knuckles by the conspirator of this bigotry.

Our nation is a poorer place because of Rangers FC.

DaveF
04-02-2020, 08:16 PM
The apology stated that staff had been reminded of their responsibilities (or words to that effect) so I wonder if Stewart will suck it up and carry on but in a constrained manner or will he tell them to bolt.

If the latter it would be great to see him spearhead some new Scottish football outlet, free from pandering to the OF. Not sure how that would work or where it would operate and I wouldn't exclude rantic completely as they both do have decent fans, but it's clear where the BBC's priority's lie so time for something new.

tamig
04-02-2020, 08:16 PM
Doesn’t this make you cold and feeling you are in the presence of something sinister.

For the BBC to apologise seems to me that their journalists/staff are unable to give their views. I remember Stewart criticising Rangers for their Orange away kit. Everyone knows it is a reference to their Protestant/William of Orange history yet the former Rangers/Hearts player, Derek Ferguson, said it related to their recruitment of Dutch players under Advocaat. He claimed not to see a link between the colour Orange and King Billy, etc. Eh?

The tentacles of Protestant bigotry reaches all parts of society in Scotland. I feel the BBC have just been rapped on the knuckles by the conspirator of this bigotry.

Well put and agree wholeheartedly. I remember listening to the programme when Mikey was talking about the bigotry. I know wee Fergie isn’t the sharpest of tools but I was amazed at the naivety of his reaction.

Since452
04-02-2020, 08:21 PM

Yup. And you can bet Stewart has been hauled over the coals

Is It On....
04-02-2020, 08:35 PM
Yup. And you can bet Stewart has been hauled over the coals

Absolute cracker from Mikey Stewart. You can search for it on line as the BBC haven't released the podcast.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2020, 08:35 PM
Tin hat on, but I'm not surprised that the BBC apologised.

I don't think Michael Stewart should have said what he did. He overstepped the mark.

Stewart called Traynor a bully and said he was manipulating stories for his own personal benefit. Stewart didn't give any specific examples, he quickly backed away from blaming Traynor for leaking the Sabotage story, although it was clearly implied, and hid behind the expression "wider scheme of things", or words to that effect.

Journalists can't go around saying things like that about people, regardless of how odious they, and we, think they are.

Stewart's comments may or may not have been accurate, but the way he put them across was very badly judged, imo, and he's come out of it worse than Traynor.

I don't think it takes a great imagination to work out who is behind all the press manipulation and leaked stories, as well as translator gate, but proving it is another matter.

givescotlandfreedom
04-02-2020, 08:37 PM

I don't think Michael Stewart should have said what he did. He overstepped the mark.

Stewart called Traynor a bully and said he was manipulating stories for his own personal benefit. Stewart didn't give and specific examples, he quickly backed away from blaming Traynor for leaking the Sabotage story, although it was clearly implied, and hid behind the expression "wider scheme of things", or words to that effect.

Journalists can't go around saying things like that about people, regardless of how odious they, and we, think they are.

Stewart's comments may have been accurate, but the way he put them across was very badly judged, imo, and he's come out of it worse than Traynor.

I don't think it takes a great imagination to work out who is behind all the press manipulation and leaked stories, as well as translator gate, but proving it is another matter.

Traynor spread lies about our club and supporters so he's fair game for me.

matty_f
04-02-2020, 08:38 PM
The apology stated that staff had been reminded of their responsibilities (or words to that effect) so I wonder if Stewart will suck it up and carry on but in a constrained manner or will he tell them to bolt.

If the latter it would be great to see him spearhead some new Scottish football outlet, free from pandering to the OF. Not sure how that would work or where it would operate and I wouldn't exclude rantic completely as they both do have decent fans, but it's clear where the BBC's priority's lie so time for something new.

I’ll see if he wants to come on Longbangers. 😃

Kato
04-02-2020, 08:40 PM
he's come out of it worse than Traynor.

Nah.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Traynor spread lies about our club and supporters so he's fair game for me.

He did. I'm not defending Traynor, I can't stand him.

I'm just pointing out that even though we know someone is horrible, it doesn't give us carte blanche to say what we want.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2020, 08:43 PM
Nah.

Over the whole Morelis piece, Traynor will have been damaged, but the Sportsound broadcast has hurt MS. I think he'll find himself increasingly gagged which will be a huge shame..

KingPat4
04-02-2020, 08:45 PM
Change of username from Pat to Billy then I would suggest 😁😁

:shhhsh!:

Winston Ingram
04-02-2020, 08:45 PM

Was just thinking this. He’d be great on a podcast, or YouTube

Kato
04-02-2020, 08:55 PM
Over the whole Morelis piece, Traynor will have been damaged, but the Sportsound broadcast has hurt MS. I think he'll find himself increasingly gagged which will be a huge shame.....ok, in that way I agree. Two Hibbies, two Hearts fans and a Rangers fan in my work listened to the YouTube clip this morning. All in agreement re MS's views on Traynor. Stewart's future at the BBC probably in doubt though.

TheGreenMan
04-02-2020, 08:58 PM
Just wait till next year and Celtic are going for 10. The Huns will be pulling out all the stops, whatever it takes.

Cataplana
04-02-2020, 08:59 PM

Stewart called Traynor a bully and said he was manipulating stories for his own personal benefit. Stewart didn't give any specific examples, he quickly backed away from blaming Traynor for leaking the Sabotage story, although it was clearly implied, and hid behind the expression "wider scheme of things", or words to that effect.

Stewart's comments may or may not have been accurate, but the way he put them across was very badly judged, imo, and he's come out of it worse than Traynor.

I think Stewart was naive to come right out and accuse Traynor of dishonesty. I believe it left the Beeb in a position where an apology was the minimum they could get away with.

Sammy7nil
04-02-2020, 09:05 PM
I think Stewart was right and support what he said however he did say Traynor is a "dangerous man" I dare say the BBC solicitors made the call to make the apology. The sportsound team would be following orders.

It would be good to have Traynor and MS have a reasoned live debate but it will never happen as the fat fella knows he would look like a fanny.

The show tonight was cringey how anyone pays Ferguson and Dodds on other nights to articulate views on the radio beggers belief.

MS is the only one worth listening to.

KingPat4
04-02-2020, 09:06 PM
I think Stewart was naive to come right out and accuse Traynor of dishonesty. I believe it left the Beeb in a position where an apology was the minimum they could get away with.

If Traynor was to sue and go to court, the onus is on him to prove that Stewart slandered him.

Could be beer and popcorn time.

:stirrer:

04-02-2020, 09:07 PM

He could easily set up his own YouTube channel and cover what the SMSM are too scared to.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2020, 09:13 PM
The BBC is an absolute disgrace over this.

As a license fee payer, is there somewhere to officially complain?

This level of media manipulation is in nobody's interests and when a state broadcaster is in the pocket of a football club then it is a very sorry state of affairs.

Jim Traynor used to broadcast his views and opinions on radio Scotland. Even if you were to disagree with him, as long as he remained within boundaries of acceptability, he was absolutely entitled to air his views.

That he should deny that right to anyone else is disgraceful, if not remotely surprising.

Here you go;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints/make-a-complaint/#/Complaint

Fuzzywuzzy
04-02-2020, 09:21 PM
Was there not a herald journalist that lost their job for a story that didn't run with the narrative?

Hibees1973
04-02-2020, 09:23 PM

Good points.

Much as I agree with a lot of Stewart’s views he does have a responsibility for what he says. As he is broadcasting on radio he should be able to provide evidence for his more, as we say, controversial opinions. He is speaking for himself, and not the BBC, and this is why the BBC seem to have hung him out to dry on this occasion.

The reason why I like him is he calls out things that ALL of the other pundits on BBC Radio Scotland would not. All the pundits will be privy to the same information, but you would never have Dodds, McCann, Thompson, Ferguson or any of the others of a Rangers persuasion criticising Traynor. This is the main thing that annoys me when listening to BBC Sportsound.

It is so refreshing listening to Radio 5 live. For example, people like Ian Wright (Arsenal) openly criticise their former clubs with genuine humour. Feel up here it is so insular that if a former player criticises Rangers or Celtic they would fear being banned from the stadium or hammered on social media.

Even Gary Mackay gets serious abuse from Hearts fans when he gives critical opinions.

JimBHibees
04-02-2020, 09:29 PM
The bigger and more objective picture is that for decades Rangers and Celtic have benefited from decisions in football, on the pitch and off it, without so much as a whimper from other clubs or the football governance bodies (or Scottish football media). They are self absorbed with 'what aboutery' and perpetuate the horrible, vile division that exists in football and society.

Take the recent radio debate about The Rangers playing in orange and pundits like Ferguson 'not realising' it's an issue. Hidden in plain sight springs to mind. And you're not telling me Derek Ferguson doesn't realise the significance..........utter BS.

Not one media outlet seriously takes on their continued ignorance of sectarianism and how they fuel it. The Rangers or their players aren't being denied fairness, far from it, it just so happens in a new age world and social media a lot of football actions cannot be denied or ignored anymore because it's captured instantly and circulated in seconds by the masses.

As for Morelos - he's being targeted (by players) because he has shown within himself to be a player lacking good temperament on the pitch. In sport you exploit weakness. John McEnroe had poor temperament and other tennis players tried to exploit it. Not through malice, just part of sport and gaining advantage over an opponent.

Racism is abhorrent and if he has experienced it of course it's deplorable. But so is 40,000 singing about killing catholics and the Pope. Yet you won't ever read a statement from The Rangers condemning it. Until they get their own house in order, no one will take The Rangers seriously.

Nail on the head.

Wheat Hound
04-02-2020, 09:34 PM
Michael Stewart's just tweeted a cracking reply 😁😂👍

we are hibs
04-02-2020, 09:35 PM
Very well played 😂

Is It On....
04-02-2020, 09:35 PM
... and then decide to let Derek ‘Dutch Colours’ Ferguson launch into Griffiths. Apparently because he thinks Griffiths tangled with his laddie earlier in the season he is guilty.

I absolutely accept that footballers add a perspective that few of us have but we are seeing some true colours when their beloved teams bottle has dropped.

James McFadden by contrast seems to be able to discuss it sensibily

Ferguson and Dodds should have been banned after the "I thought the orange strip was about Rangers [& presumably Harthill Royals] Dutch players" nonsense.

angus hibby
04-02-2020, 09:39 PM
Michael Stewart is wasted on Sportsound and Sportscene. Far too intelligent and articulate for anyone, especially on Sportsound. Embarrassing that they’ve deemed it necessary to apologise for what he said. Pundits are paid to give an opinion surely?

He’d be better off sticking with BT or going to 5 Live.

Jones28
04-02-2020, 09:40 PM
Ferguson and Dodds should have been banned after the "I thought the orange strip was about Rangers [& presumably Harthill Royals] Dutch players" nonsense.

Absolutely, I see a lot of posters saying derek Ferguson was the one that defended the orange kits but don’t forget that Billy Dodds was just as robust as Ferguson. He’s in with rest of them.

supermcginn
04-02-2020, 09:41 PM

Is that you Jim?

Jones28
04-02-2020, 09:42 PM
Michael Stewart is wasted on Sportsound and Sportscene. Far too intelligent and articulate for anyone, especially on Sportsound. Embarrassing that they’ve deemed it necessary to apologise for what he said. Pundits are paid to give an opinion surely?

He’d be better off sticking with BT or going to 5 Live.

He could do either, but BT are dropping Scottish football. However Sky would be a great place for him. I’ve seen folk comparing him to Chris Sutton and a wholeheartedly disagree; he is by far and away a better pundit and better orator than Sutton.

yonder1875
04-02-2020, 09:44 PM
A man with integrity, well said MS.

davhibby
04-02-2020, 09:46 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if Traynor has something to do with this sky interview, if that’s the case then anything Stewart has said whilst also becoming more factual, becomes quite a way back in the list of fires for Traynor to fight.

Sky are a massive organisation and somebody will have to foot the blame for the interview somewhere or clubs not just in Scotland will be thinking twice before offering them interviews like that unless they publicly clear it up

lord bunberry
04-02-2020, 09:47 PM

Do you think that if Traynor had taken the matter further he would’ve been successful in a court case?

Jones28
04-02-2020, 09:47 PM
Is that you Jim?

I actually think HR makes some good points. Bandying about accusations with no specific examples and evidence could be considered slander.

Stewart might consider himself lucky he isn’t being sued by Traynor for making comments on national radio.

Could BBC’s cringeworthy apology have been damage limitation?

lord bunberry
04-02-2020, 09:51 PM
He could do either, but BT are dropping Scottish football. However Sky would be a great place for him. I’ve seen folk comparing him to Chris Sutton and a wholeheartedly disagree; he is by far and away a better pundit and better orator than Sutton.
He is, but him and Sutton/Boyd with a straight man in the middle like Faddy would make the sky coverage instantly better.

Jones28
04-02-2020, 09:54 PM
He is, but him and Sutton/Boyd with a straight man in the middle like Faddy would make the sky coverage instantly better.

Keeping those three at barge poles length should a matter of priority. Not that my opinion will matter, they’ve all three got old firm connections so will welcomed on. Having Stewart on might redress the balance.

lord bunberry
04-02-2020, 09:57 PM
Keeping those three at barge poles length should a matter of priority. Not that my opinion will matter, they’ve all three got old firm connections so will welcomed on. Having Stewart on might redress the balance.
Yes I agree, that’s why I said Sutton or Boyd with Stewart.

Billy Whizz
04-02-2020, 10:02 PM
Wonder if he’ll be taken off Sportscene this Sunday

Sir David Gray
04-02-2020, 10:08 PM
Wonder if he’ll be taken off Sportscene this Sunday

I would think it's a certainty.