Pages : [1] 2

Last Minute
14-08-2019, 03:20 PM
Should Hibs bring back Jason Cummings

1. Yes

2. No

Diclonius
14-08-2019, 03:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/vxdkIOA.jpg https://i.imgur.com/KwoHXWz.jpg https://i.imgur.com/ijSyFko.jpg https://i.imgur.com/oX6AuAt.jpg https://i.imgur.com/jZbVz1V.jpg

Hibernian32
Lee Mcgregor calling hearts out to sign him saying he would go back if approached.

Heisenberg
Absolutely no doubt about it.

Pretty Boy
14-08-2019, 03:35 PM
If it wasn't costing us much then absolutely.

He's not without his faults but he scored goals for us.

AgentDaleCooper
14-08-2019, 03:41 PM
he should come back and become our answer to Robbo.

SChibs
14-08-2019, 03:42 PM
No

vercol36
14-08-2019, 03:44 PM
Should we bring back Cumdog, the Hammer of the Hearts, our Scottish Cup winning legend? I think the answer is an easy one.

Jim44
14-08-2019, 03:53 PM
I voted yes but is this just an academic exercise or is there a realistic chance that PH would consider him and that he himself would turn the clock back? :dunno:

Last Minute
14-08-2019, 03:54 PM
He is begging to come back to Scotland and play regular football. He is fed up living out of hotel rooms . Gods sake Hibs bring the lad back .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Spartacus
14-08-2019, 03:55 PM
Should we bring back Cumdog, the Hammer of the Hearts, our Scottish Cup winning legend? I think the answer is an easy one.

THIS. The personality, the skill and the ability to finish very very well.

Lester B
14-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Is there another club in the world that pines for ex players to come back as much as some of us do??

Bleeds green
14-08-2019, 03:58 PM
100 percent yes

CMurdoch
14-08-2019, 03:59 PM
He is begging to come back to Scotland and play regular football. He is fed up living out of hotel rooms . Gods sake Hibs bring the lad back .

Is he also sick of getting £10k a week?
If his agent can strike a deal with his club i'm sure Hibs would welcome him back on a £3k a week deal if he was a free transfer.

If not............laters

His begging will start when the Forest money stops.

14-08-2019, 04:00 PM
Do I want him back? - yes
Will we get him back? - no
Does he want to come back? - mibbies

Brummie_Hibs
14-08-2019, 04:01 PM
FFS, this is like bloody flogging a dead horse.

CMurdoch
14-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Should Hibs bring back Jason Cummings

1. Yes

2. No

A heavily loaded question.
Embarrassing

What about
Should we bring Aguero to Hibs
Option 1 - Yes please we need a goalscorer
Option 2 - No

Since90+2
14-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Lee Mcgregor calling hearts out to sign him saying he would go back if approached.

They're good mates so it's probably correct. If Jason would go to Hearts I'm not sure I want him back at ER.

vercol36
14-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Is there another club in the world that pines for ex players to come back as much as some of us do??

I think it happens at every club with limited budget

Last Minute
14-08-2019, 04:22 PM
Is he also sick of getting £10k a week?
If his agent can strike a deal with his club i'm sure Hibs would welcome him back on a £3k a week deal if he was a free transfer.

If not............laters

His begging will start when the Forest money stops.

I know for a fact he is a free transfer. But hey ho let’s stick with the 250K Natural striker Doidge . It’s not like we need a goal scorer.

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 04:25 PM
Hell yeah.

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 04:26 PM
They're good mates so it's probably correct. If Jason would go to Hearts I'm not sure I want him back at ER.

Jason being dingied by hearts twice would make him doubly determined to get it up them.

Leitherhibs
14-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Should we? Yes.
Will we? Absolutely not.

shetlandhibee
14-08-2019, 04:32 PM
:agree: no brainer yes,, and if he did IMO he,d be our top scorer this season...

jeffers
14-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Can’t vote on my phone but 100% yes. A character who offers us something different up front from our other strikers but as I’ve posted before would need a rethink on the part of Heckingbottom regarding his preference for one up front.

Since452
14-08-2019, 04:36 PM
No for me. Didn't really set the heather alight in his last season in the Championship. Think he'd struggle at a higher level.

lyonhibs
As much as I find this "just re-sign players who've already played for us" route generally dull and uninspiring, and also allowing for the fact he's never actually scored for us in a regular top flight leave game, I'd take him back if the sums were right.

Purely hypothetical as I can't see it happening.

EI255
No.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

RossScott1991
14-08-2019, 04:39 PM
One his best pals Lee Mcgregor saying on twitter he’s chomping at bit to sign for Hearts... boke

Would still have him back though if we got in first

CraigHibee
14-08-2019, 04:40 PM
No brainer imo

DetroitHibs
14-08-2019, 04:41 PM
He’s an improvement on Shaw, so for that reason yes. I think he’d link up with Doidge better than Flo.

Since90+2
14-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Jason being dingied by hearts twice would make him doubly determined to get it up them.

He's good mates with Lee McGregor who's said on twitter he would go back to them. I see no reason he'd make that up.

If he would be prepared to go to Hearts then it's a no from me. I'm aware I might be in the minority with that.

California-Hibs
14-08-2019, 04:46 PM
No brainer.

Allant1981
14-08-2019, 04:48 PM
If the manager wants to stick with 1 up front then there is absolutely no danger cummings will be back at hibs, he scored plenty at a lower level but remains to be seen if he can do it at premier league level. Maybe as a 3rd choice forward yes but we need someone to come in who is better than doidge and kamberi

HibbyAndy
14-08-2019, 04:56 PM
If the manager wants to stick with 1 up front then there is absolutely no danger cummings will be back at hibs, he scored plenty at a lower level but remains to be seen if he can do it at premier league level. Maybe as a 3rd choice forward yes but we need someone to come in who is better than doidge and kamberi

Cummings would score more goals than Doidge of that i'm a 100% sure

Keith_M
14-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Embarrassing

What about
Option 2 - No

Should we sign the Manchester City first eleven?

Option 1 - Yes please, I don't mind paying 10k per year for a Season Ticket

Option 2 - Nah, I couldn't afford to pay 10k per year for a Season Ticket.

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2019, 04:59 PM
One his best pals Lee Mcgregor saying on twitter he’s chomping at bit to sign for Hearts... boke

Would still have him back though if we got in first

after reading that bit in bold i'd like to change my vote.... **** it, they can have him :)

Wilson
14-08-2019, 05:00 PM
No brainer imo

Aye, but he can play a bit.

Just Jimmy
14-08-2019, 05:00 PM

Option 2 - Nah, I couldn't afford to pay 10k per year for a Season Ticket.wouldn't be enough. if every seat in Easter road paid 10k per season you'd only have enough for neymar [emoji23]

you could probably buy sane. buy you'd have to pay him. about 10 times a season ticket.

225,000,000 wouldn't be enough to buy city's back 4 and keeper. sickening.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Allant1981
14-08-2019, 05:01 PM

Not really wanting to turn this onto another doidge debate as there has been enough recently but cummings has a worse goals scored record than doidge in his career so nothing to suggest that would be a certainty

Fife-Hibee
14-08-2019, 05:01 PM

Option 2 - Nah, I couldn't afford to pay 10k per year for a Season Ticket.
We would have to fill the corners in to get the season ticket that cheap 😂

HibbyAndy
14-08-2019, 05:04 PM
Not really wanting to turn this onto another doidge debate as there has been enough recently but cummings has a worse goals scored record than doidge in his career so nothing to suggest that would be a certainty

You said Cummings has scored plenty at lower league level but remains to be seen if he can do it at a higher level , So what level has Doidge been banging them in then ?..What makes you so sure Doidge will score at a higher level ?

CRAZYHIBBY
14-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Hearts are in for him and talks have taken place according to yams at work

Allant1981
14-08-2019, 05:09 PM
You said Cummings has scored plenty at lower league level but remains to be seen if he can do it at a higher level , So what level has Doidge been banging them in then ?..What makes you so sure Doidge will score at a higher level ?

Yip he has scored them at lower level also, i didnt say otherwise, i also haven't said doidge will score up here, i personally like doidge but dont think he will score a lot of goals.

we are hibs
14-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Not for me. I think it came to an end at the right time for both parties in 2017.

HibbyAndy
14-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Yip he has scored them at lower level also, i didnt say otherwise, i also haven't said doidge will score up here, i personally like doidge but dont think he will score a lot of goals.

Fair enough mate , Only just replying to you saying we need someone to come in who is better than Doidge and IMO JC would get far more goals in the SPL than CD

Allant1981
14-08-2019, 05:15 PM
Fair enough mate , Only just replying to you saying we need someone to come in who is better than Doidge and IMO JC would get far more goals in the SPL than CD

Just cant see how cummings would fit in now

Tricla
14-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Just cant see how cummings would fit in now

Up front scoring goals?

CRAZYHIBBY
14-08-2019, 05:19 PM
I dont think we will even try to sign him..ive always had that feeling he'd end up at hearts... they would sign him just to spite us

HibbyAndy
14-08-2019, 05:21 PM
I dont think we will even try to sign him..ive always had that feeling he'd end up at hearts... they would sign him just to spite us

I agree , Keep hearing he's not a Levein player but that pr!ck would sign him just to piss hibs off , I could actually see JC at Hearts this season

Togs91
14-08-2019, 05:24 PM
No for me. Didn't really set the heather alight in his last season in the Championship. Think he'd struggle at a higher level.

I don't think that is all to do with his ability. A player being comfortable in his new surroundings with new teammates in a new club etc? I had read he was not happy living down south which would be a factor i would guess. I'm not one for crawling back to the past, like taking back stubbs etc etc, but we know he performed at hibs, yes a bit of a loose cannon but probably what we need, and a different style of player to kamberi and doidge, with a desire to come back to scotland? Seems a win in my eyes

GreenArmy1875
14-08-2019, 05:28 PM
He will end up at hearts and score loads against us

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2019, 05:31 PM
i bet Dr Budge would love him at tinycastle

Keith_M
14-08-2019, 05:32 PM
We would have to fill the corners in to get the season ticket that cheap ��

15k tickets at £10k a time would give us a budget of £150,000,000 per annum.

Fair enough, we could maybe just about afford Cummings. :)

WhileTheChief..
14-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Y
I dont think we will even try to sign him..ive always had that feeling he'd end up at hearts

Agree with this.

He’s too risky for us. We want safe and steady, no room for characters at ER these days.

Last Minute
14-08-2019, 05:41 PM

Maybe not, but is there another club that has so many loan players every year that turn out to be good after we put them in the shop window? Scott Allan and Cummings are suited to Hibs and I promise you if another SPL club sign him he will haunt us that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stu in nottingham
14-08-2019, 05:43 PM
'This is the club Nottingham Forest's Jason Cummings is 'chomping at the bit' to sign for''Jason Cummings would jump at the chance to join Scottish Premiership side Hearts, according to his close friend and boxing champion Lee McGregor'.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/jason-cummings-nottingham-forest-hearts-3211584

Allant1981
14-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Up front scoring goals?

If he had been scoring goals for the 4 clubs he has played for since he left us then I'd maybe agree but he has only scored about 15 goals since he left us(might be a couple out I think) so cant see how he will do any better back at us

Golden Bear
14-08-2019, 05:47 PM
No thanks.

RoYO!
14-08-2019, 05:59 PM
It’s up to the manager to get the best out of his players and manage egos if they can’t do that then they’re not worth their wage. JC needs managed but will score plenty given the chance.

Jim44
14-08-2019, 06:01 PM
'This is the club Nottingham Forest's Jason Cummings is 'chomping at the bit' to sign for''Jason Cummings would jump at the chance to join Scottish Premiership side Hearts, according to his close friend and boxing champion Lee McGregor'.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/jason-cummings-nottingham-forest-hearts-3211584

I think if and when he signs for the Jambos, he would be more a thorn in the side of the Hibs support than a threat to our team itself.

CMurdoch
14-08-2019, 06:09 PM
I know for a fact he is a free transfer. But hey ho let’s stick with the 250K Natural striker Doidge . It’s not like we need a goal scorer.

Ok lets say he is available on a free.

In that scenario Notts Forest have lost all the money they spent on him.
For that to be the situation they will have been touting him (their asset) to clubs all over the World in a desperate attempt to get a return on their asset and nobody is interested in either buying him or taking on the obligation of his £10k a week contract OR they have found club(s) willing to take him but he doesn't want to go to these clubs.

So far?

At this point lets pretend Jason wants to come to Hibs and Leanne Dempster wants him:

Notts Forest - "Hi Jason, we don't want you anymore and nobody wants to give us any money for you. You can leave on a Free, Please please leave"
Jasons Agent - "Jason would like to go back to Hibs"
Notts Forest - "Super smashin' great, no problem"
Jasons Agent - "I presume you will pay his contract up in full"
Notts Forest - "Good one baw bag. That's no happenin' We've already lost our shirt on Jason"
Jasons Agent - "Hello Leanne, Jason would like to come back to Hibs. Would you pay him the same wages as Notts Forest for next season.
Leanne - "Stop there big boy, ah dae the jokes here. £2.5k a week for 3 years and we have a deal"
Jason's Agent - "Mr Notts Forest will you pay Jason £7.5k a week for the rest of his contract if he goes away"
Notts Forest - "Your starting to annoy me now! We will give Jason £2.5k per week for the rest of his contract"
Jason's Agent - "Ok Jason it is up to you. You can go to Hibs and will get £5k a week or you can piss about for another season at Forest and get £10k a week
Jason - 5 is isn't as big as 10 is it?
Jason's Agent - No Jason, but you will still have enough money for some new tattoo's and Leanne says you can play with Grado
Jason - Tattoo's and Grado, brilliant, hud me back

Later that day the deal is concluded after Hibs agree to let Jason throw a cheap auld TV through a (plastic) windae at Easter Road every time he scores a hat trick!

Hurrah!!!

CLASS OF 72 -73
14-08-2019, 06:13 PM
Can't forget and do appreciate all he done for us but NO. Need to move on and he has shown his true colours since he left- Blue!

stu in nottingham
14-08-2019, 06:14 PM
I think he's about as popular as herpes in Nottingham. No one even talks about him. He's burnt his bridges.

04Sauzee
14-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Not sure why but I'm not to fussed in having him back, earlier in the summer I probably would have said yes but on reflection I just don't fancy it. As for him going to Hearts again it wouldn't upset me.

bigwheel
14-08-2019, 06:19 PM
I’ve never heard Cummings suggest he would like to come back to us at anytime.....yet his mate is telling us that he’d love to go to Hearts..and he himself begged to get back to Rangers...

Not quite a Hibs love affair from his side that’s for sure ...

Last Minute
14-08-2019, 06:20 PM

:agree: 100% spot on. he would score more that doidge or Kamberi

Waxy
14-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Yes get him back now.We wouldnt have won the Scottish cup without him.

stu in nottingham
14-08-2019, 06:22 PM

For that to be the situation they will have been touting him (their asset) to clubs all over the World in a desperate attempt to get a return on their asset and nobody is interested in either buying him or taking on the obligation of his £10k a week contract OR they have found club(s) willing to take him but he doesn't want to go to these clubs.

So far?

At this point lets pretend Jason wants to come to Hibs and Leanne Dempster wants him:

Notts Forest - "Hi Jason, we don't want you anymore and nobody wants to give us any money for you. You can leave on a Free, Please please leave"
Notts Forest - "Good one baw bag. That's no happenin' We've already lost our shirt on Jason"
Jasons Agent - "Hello Leanne, Jason would like to come back to Hibs. Would you pay him the same wages as Notts Forest for next season.
Leanne - "Stop there big boy, ah dae the jokes here. £2.5k a week for 3 years and we have a deal"
Jason's Agent - "Mr Notts Forest will you pay Jason £7.5k a week for the rest of his contract if he goes away"
Notts Forest - "Your starting to annoy me now! We will give Jason £2.5k per week for the rest of his contract"
Jason's Agent - "Ok Jason it is up to you. You can go to Hibs and will get £5k a week or you can piss about for another season at Forest and get £10k a week
Jason's Agent - No Jason, but you will still have enough money for some new tattoo's and Leanne says you can play with Grado

Later that day the deal is concluded after Hibs agree to let Jason throw a cheap auld TV through a (plastic) windae at Easter Road every time he scores a hat trick!

Hurrah!!!

Spot on I think! (Apart from it's Nottingham Forest - 'Notts' are Notts County. :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2019, 06:25 PM
I think he's about as popular as herpes in Nottingham. No one even talks about him. He's burnt his bridges.

he can be a bit of an arsonist at times

Wilson
14-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Can't forget and do appreciate all he done for us but NO. Need to move on and he has shown his true colours since he left- Blue!

If the football we've seen do far this season is what "moving on" looks like then you can keep it.

We're not blessed with characters or scoring talent. We have functional players with bland personalities. A recipe for functional and bland football. No swagger.

Millerbottom's era indeed!

CMurdoch
14-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Spot on I think! (Apart from it's Nottingham Forest - 'Notts' are Notts County. :thumbsup:

I was tired and it is shorter

Think i will write a screen play about Jason.
He is very interestin' and i like his hair

but not as much as Scott's hair

Last Minute
14-08-2019, 06:26 PM

So far?

Hurrah!!!

Grow up for christ sake. All I was asking was would hibs fans want him back cos he is wanting a club to play regular football. Lets hope Hearts don't sign him as one thing that is Fact is he will bang then in against us.

stu in nottingham
14-08-2019, 06:28 PM
I was tired and it is shorter :aok:

Think i will write a screen play about Jason.
He is very interestin'

:aok: 'Nottm'

Keith_M
14-08-2019, 06:29 PM

Is that a Brazilian?

Jim44
14-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Grow up for christ sake. All I was asking was would hibs fans want him back cos he is wanting a club to play regular football. Lets hope Hearts don't sign him as one thing that is Fact is he will bang then in against us.

What makes you think he would score against us for fun, when he’s hardly set the heather on fire for clubs he has recently played for? By the way, I said I wouldn’t be against him having another go at ER, but if he went to them, fine.

04Sauzee
14-08-2019, 06:37 PM
What makes you think he would score against us for fun, when he’s hardly set the heather on fire for clubs he has recently played for? By the way, I said I wouldn’t be against him having another go at ER, but if he went to them, fine.

He doesn't have to think he will, it's a stated fact that he will. Do keep up

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 06:40 PM

It’s an absolute nap based on every single Edinburgh Derby I’ve ever sat through that Cummings would score in them 100% regardless of if it was us or them. Even more so them probably as he’s basically the only player we’ve ever had that’s got it up them “for fun” on a regular basis.

Is It On....
14-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Yes Yes Yes...although my dad is No No No

Is It On....
14-08-2019, 06:59 PM
he can be a bit of an arsonist at times

Setting fire to Hearts chances of beating us!! In my life time I have never seen a Hibs player score so regularly against them whilst winding them up at the same time. He also scored loads against others as well 🙂

Diclonius
14-08-2019, 07:00 PM
In any case, our board seem to hate him so it's Hearts, St Johnstone or some League Two club. It's fine, having just two strikers with a career prior to Hibs and Oli Shaw has worked well for us before. :rolleyes:

yonder1875
14-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Tam McManus’ tweet...

Mad that folk are voting no!

CMac1988
14-08-2019, 07:06 PM
Easy decision. Take him back in a heartbeat. He's better than Shaw and from what I've seen Doidge. Bringing in players that improve our squad if available and priced appropriately should be a no brainer. A bit of swagger around the place would do no harm either and as much as he plays the fool at times I'm sure it's something Hecky can manage.

HibbyAndy
14-08-2019, 07:07 PM
Easy decision. Take him back in a heartbeat. He's better than Shaw and from what I've seen Doidge. Bringing in players that improve our squad if available and priced appropriately should be a no brainer. A bit of swagger around the place would do no harm either and as much as he plays the fool at times I'm sure it's something Hecky can manage.

He's better than shaw and Doidge combined together

14-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Tam McManus’ tweet...

Mad that folk are voting no!

I think he's at the wind up and he's just trying to provoke a reaction.

beensaidbefore
14-08-2019, 07:56 PM

So far?

Hurrah!!!

:faf:

Not So Young
14-08-2019, 08:08 PM
It's a no from me

Stokesy's on fire
14-08-2019, 08:09 PM
Bring him home

lord bunberry
14-08-2019, 08:11 PM
Bring the wee man home.

mentalhibee
14-08-2019, 08:28 PM
Would love him back, he would be our best striker!

Tricla
14-08-2019, 08:31 PM
If he had been scoring goals for the 4 clubs he has played for since he left us then I'd maybe agree but he has only scored about 15 goals since he left us(might be a couple out I think) so cant see how he will do any better back at us

He'll play more for a start. Think his goals to games ratio since he left is pretty good isn't it?

Hibeesmad
14-08-2019, 08:31 PM
He would score goals

Allant1981
14-08-2019, 08:36 PM
He'll play more for a start. Think his goals to games ratio since he left is pretty good isn't it?

Played 69,scored 19(I think) not really great

CMurdoch
14-08-2019, 08:37 PM

Have you thought about taking up sports writing professionally?

Hi Heid Yin
14-08-2019, 08:43 PM
He was a fun character to have around and, yes, he did put a few past the Jambos, but his record since leaving us is relatively poor.
I also question his temperament, his hunger and his desire now that he's tasted big bucks.
Anything we offer him would be peanuts in comparison.
If he comes free then he's worth the risk I guess, but I'm not convinced he will be the 25 goals a season scorer we really need.
And of course I'd love to be proved wrong.

Greencore
14-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Maybe like Allan, he only clicks with Hibs. I would take him back.

ALF TUPPER
14-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Yes. Let's have him back. 👍

Michael
14-08-2019, 09:23 PM
Not that bothered either way. Think he'd struggle to hit double figures in the Scottish Premiership, but he is quite a character.

Gogs07
14-08-2019, 09:33 PM
Bring him back and he will score goals with crosses via Middleton or slide rule passes via Allan.
We need a poacher who will be on the end of both. :agree:

Nicho87
14-08-2019, 09:44 PM
Manager should be demanding we sign him.

but he won’t be cause our squad is fine

GreenArmyyy!
14-08-2019, 09:53 PM
You’d honestly need to be crazy not to want Jason back, guarantees goals against Hearts, Rangers and pretty much everyone else he takes on. Also has character which for the first time since Stubbs was appointing we are sorely lacking.

Get him him back up the road now.

hibsboy69
14-08-2019, 10:00 PM
I'd love for the people who voted "No" to explain why they did so !

He was our top goal scorer for THREE seasons on the bounce
Regular scorer in big games
The Hammer of Hearts
By the time he left he was working harder and his hold up play was much better
He'll be a better player with the experience of playing for other clubs
He will have matured (not difficult to be fair!)

IT'S A NO BRAINER !

we are hibs
14-08-2019, 10:03 PM
He hasnt matured.

Hector Mudflap
14-08-2019, 10:08 PM
I have no doubt that he will sign for Hearts mainly because he knows they will love him, knows he will be the big focus , knows he will prove a point , knows he will get game time and knows it will stick it up all the doubters.

He will score goals and probably go on to be the next Robertson for them.
They create lots of chances and have no goal scorer poacher type player

We create more and have even less of a recognised poacher
We have Doige who in fairness is not as a bad (IMO) as some people think but he's no poacher.

I will be annoyed when he goes there and it annoys me even more that we have PH who won't give two hoots about it,
I get the feeling PH is stubborn and on his own road to Ultimate boring football Town.

Im already getting fed up with this situation. I go to almost every game , I have Hibs TV so I see even the games I miss from start to finish and we have been utter crapola since the end of last season

I can't believe people are seeing anything different.

Strikers need confidence and Cummings need to play and be adored by the fans.
He thrives on it.

We have no one like him and we desperately need him

hibsboy69
14-08-2019, 10:08 PM
He hasnt matured.

Ok then I believe you...……….I'D STILL TAKE HIM THOUGH !

Cabbage-Patch
14-08-2019, 10:11 PM
100%

Yes he's a bit a of a fanny but the boy knows how to score and has a great record in the big games.

Be a lift on the park and in the dressing room.

Bring him home.

Col2
14-08-2019, 10:13 PM
Of he signs for Hearts then Hibs can GTF.

They are signing players with experience and from decent clubs.

We are pissing about with Doidge (never a striker) and Newell (no pace, not a winger, doesn't tackle, doesn’t create) and others that have hardly made a mark.

This would be the tipping point for me.

Pretty Boy
14-08-2019, 10:14 PM
It's quite interesting that there is often a focus on what people fail to achieve or their failings elsewhere rather than any attempt to highlight the good they have done for Hibs.

It was evident before Allan came back for his 2nd spell; 'hasn't kicked a ball in months', 'can't even get in a pish Dundee side'. Funnily there was no such protestations in January given his performances when that 2nd spell did happen . It's all over the Stubbs thread; 'failed at Rotherham', 'finished behind Falkirk on goal difference' supercedes 'built a team from scratch and won the Scottish Cup' for some.

It seems Cummings is to receive the same treatment as well. No doubt his career has stalled and it could be argued he left us too early but given what he achieved here before, the list a few posts above is a decent summary, I'd be quite enthusiastic to see him back regardless of a couple of seasons in which things haven't really worked out for him.

AZhibee
14-08-2019, 10:17 PM
Cummings and Kamberi sounds intriguing

AZhibee
14-08-2019, 10:18 PM
I’ve never heard Cummings suggest he would like to come back to us at anytime.....yet his mate is telling us that he’d love to go to Hearts..and he himself begged to get back to Rangers...

Not quite a Hibs love affair from his side that’s for sure ...

Maybe but club isn’t marrying him, just gonna date him for a while, his ego says he will want to excel.

green day
14-08-2019, 10:18 PM
Of he signs for Hearts then Hibs can GTF.

They are signing players with experience and from decent clubs.

We are pissing about with Doidge (never a striker) and Newell (no pace, not a winger, doesn't tackle, doesn’t create) and others that have hardly made a mark.

This would be the tipping point for me.

and the "Look at Me" award 2019 - sponsored by Pampers - goes to......

CLASS OF 72 -73
14-08-2019, 10:21 PM
If the football we've seen do far this season is what "moving on" looks like then you can keep it.

We're not blessed with characters or scoring talent. We have functional players with bland personalities. A recipe for functional and bland football. No swagger.

Millerbottom's era indeed!

Get your point but Cummings not the answer.

14-08-2019, 10:37 PM
Leeann and Heckingbottom are both on Twitter so we could bombard them with #announcecummings tweets, that should do the trick.

makaveli1875
14-08-2019, 10:39 PM

The Hammer of Hearts

IT'S A NO BRAINER !

I voted 'no' because he's an ersehole

hibsboy69
14-08-2019, 10:57 PM
I voted 'no' because he's an ersehole

Brilliant - thanks for that ! :faf:

MacGruber
14-08-2019, 11:05 PM
Just voted yes. Disappointed there was no 'f*** yes' option!

Unseen work
14-08-2019, 11:14 PM
Sign Cummings permanent and loan Shaw out to someone in this league, imagine there would be a couple of interested parties.

CMurdoch
14-08-2019, 11:19 PM
Like every other purchase in life if Hibs decide they need and/or would like Cummings the main question is how much will he cost us

and based on the answer to that question

is he worth that price to us

None of us know how much a deal would cost the club so it is impossible to make a reasonable judgement on yes or no.

Unseen work
15-08-2019, 12:43 AM
Like every other purchase in life if Hibs decide they need and/or would like Cummings the main question is how much will this cost us

and based on the answer

is he worth that price to us

None of us know how much a deal would cost the club so it is impossible to make a judgement on yes or no.

By the sounds of it it would be a free transfer. Can’t see him being in a position to command a large wage either.

CMurdoch
15-08-2019, 01:29 AM
By the sounds of it it would be a free transfer. Can’t see him being in a position to command a large wage either.

Transfer fee is not the issue nor his wages if he came to Hibs.

The elephant in the room is his £10k a week contract at Nottm Forest
Would you walk away leaving it all behind for £2.5k a week at Hibs?

The likelihood is that he will never get near to such a wage again in his life.
Hibs will still be about in January or next Summer

Mixu62
15-08-2019, 01:56 AM
If it's seriously an option (and not just a Tam McManus twitter wind up) then absolutely yes, get him. If it is, and Hecky says no thanks as he allegedly did with McGeouch, and Cummings goes across town to THEM, just imagine how much pressure Hecky will be under if he scores the winner in the next derby. And the one after that. If we really have any chance of getting him back (and I'm still not convinced) can we afford to turn it down?

lucky
15-08-2019, 04:31 AM
I’d take him just to stop him signing for them.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-08-2019, 05:25 AM
https://i.imgur.com/vxdkIOA.jpg https://i.imgur.com/KwoHXWz.jpg https://i.imgur.com/ijSyFko.jpg https://i.imgur.com/oX6AuAt.jpg https://i.imgur.com/jZbVz1V.jpg

Good enough for me

LancsHibs
15-08-2019, 05:33 AM
After Sunday it’s a big YES from me!

Cataplana
15-08-2019, 05:54 AM
:agree: 100% spot on. he would score more that doidge or Kamberi

He has not scored many goals since he left us. I would have him back for derbies only, he had an amazing record against Hearts.

500miles
15-08-2019, 06:24 AM
He's not proven as a consistent goalscorer at this level. Can he play up front alone or wider as part of a 3? Can we sacrafice a centre mid to play 2 up front?

Honestly, I don't know how he fits.

calumhibee1
15-08-2019, 06:27 AM
Massive yes to Cummings.

.Sean.
15-08-2019, 06:41 AM
I’ll genuinely be raging if he signs for Hearts considering it’s clear as day we’ll get him for nothing. How PH canny see that he’ll score more goals than Doidge or Shaw -combined, probably - is beyond me.

Wonder who he would pick if he had a straight swap between Hibs or Hearts

calumhibee1
15-08-2019, 06:45 AM
I’ll genuinely be raging if he signs for Hearts considering it’s clear as day we’ll get him for nothing. How PH canny see that he’ll score more goals than Doidge or Shaw -combined, probably - is beyond me.

I suppose the argument would be that there is apparently no money left.

If there is and we’re looking for a striker than I doubt we can do any better.

.Sean.
15-08-2019, 06:53 AM
I suppose the argument would be that there is apparently no money left.

If there is and we’re looking for a striker than I doubt we can do any better.
Radical suggestion but how about Ron Gordon dips his hands into his pockets then if the transfer kitty is empty cause we’re 3 players short of where we should be and the squad as it is is an injury to Scott Allan away from a disaster.

Hibeesmad
15-08-2019, 06:54 AM
Radical suggestion but how about Ron Gordon dips his hands into his pockets then if the transfer kitty is empty cause we’re 3 players short of where we should be and the squad as it is is an injury to Scott Allan away from a disaster.

Doubt Ron will get the cheque book out until he’s confident that Hecky is the man for the job

Unseen work
15-08-2019, 06:56 AM

Likewise id be fizzing.

Out of the 3 strikers we have, none are out and out goalscorers from what Iv seen. No matter how bad Jase is playing I’d always fancy him popping up with a whether that be a tap in or screamer. Kamberi, Doidge and Shaw don’t give me that feeling that they will score all the time.

Doidge has a good record down south but has only scored 1 for us since he’s joined including the pre season friendlies.

Some might say he’s not done it in the top flight, but Iv seen enough from the league, cup and play off games to know he would be fine. He also played well at rangers with limited game time. He would also love coming back and being the main man.

Youd like to think Jase would think of the good times here, how much the fans appreciate him and the fact he’s more suited to our style of play. Added to that he knows the guys here and is good friends with Scotty Allan. We have also gave him a career when hearts sacked him off.

Hearts would play him wide and it’s unclear if their fans would like him.

Stuart93
15-08-2019, 07:02 AM
I’d take him purely so he didn’t end up at hearts

calumhibee1
15-08-2019, 07:06 AM

Can’t see him ploughing money in at this stage. I don’t disagree with you though, quite how the money is apparently gone when we’re still 2 or 3 starting 11 quality players short doesn’t really add up to me.

Of course it may just be ‘mind games’ from Hibs.

Since452
15-08-2019, 07:07 AM
Would he come here and think "right I've got a 2nd crack at it I'm going to work my bollocks off" or would he think he's closer to his mates for a night out and think he's achieved it all ? Probably the latter. If there's any form of doubt we shouldn't be going near him imo. Heckingbottom has banged the drum about only getting players in that are desperate to be here. I guess Heckingbottom would assess that if he were in talks with him.

Bukta#8
15-08-2019, 07:19 AM
Unfortunately whenever Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are linked with players they never end up in Green and White

InchHibby
15-08-2019, 07:25 AM
It’s a no brainier, bring him back, don’t look too much into his time down South, he’s hand made for Hibs style of play.
Him and Kamberi up front will be the perfect strike force we need.
Go for it Hecky. GGTTH

Hakim Sar
15-08-2019, 07:27 AM
Easy peasy.

SIGN HIM UP.

Jim44
15-08-2019, 07:52 AM
They’ve a similar thread on KB. About 2 in 3 Jambos say they would take Cummings. This surprises me as I thought it would be the exact opposite. Mind you, a few want him only to spite us.

Barman Stanton
15-08-2019, 07:55 AM
Unfortunately whenever Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are linked with players they never end up in Green and White

Thats not strictly true though is it. Last season Maclaren could have went to Hibs or Hearts. We lost one player to Aberdeen, people need to get over it.

Percy Vere
15-08-2019, 08:18 AM
I’d take him back in a minute.
He’s a proven goal scorer for Hibs.
He loved the club.
I’m sure Heck’s man management skills would get the best out of JC.
We are short of a natural poacher, we should sign him ASAP.

The Wireless
15-08-2019, 08:32 AM
He's not proven as a consistent goalscorer at this level. Can he play up front alone or wider as part of a 3? Can we sacrafice a centre mid to play 2 up front?

Very fair comments. He would struggle as a loan striker. Is not suited for a wide area. No doubt capable as a 2nd striker. We struggle to control possession with only 2 centre mids at ER as other teams visit and play 3. I believe there are better out there however might need to spend to recruit??? However to be fair to the lad in all the time watching the player I never felt disappointment in his selection as he delivered more times than not, I do believe his striking partner played a huge part in that as you would expect. I suppose it might come down to his state of wellbeing and how he might change in his professional approach to a new regime on and off the pitch. In a nutshell, is he prepared to get his finger out, tow the line and work hard to improve or have we seen his best. If the answer was the latter then I for one think to take a chance might not be a football gamble. A gaffer makes the rules and players Must respect them. :agree::agree:

Stokesy's on fire
15-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Dempster sign him up!

Since452
15-08-2019, 08:57 AM
Can't help but feel there are better strikers than Cummings avaliable

Anthony Soprano
15-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Hearts are in for him and talks have taken place according to yams at work

I'll take that with a pinch of salt then

Hibeesmad
15-08-2019, 09:41 AM
I'll take that with a pinch of salt then

It would be the kind of thing Levein would do to keep him in a job for another 6 months

eastmainsmsh
15-08-2019, 09:57 AM
its what we are needing no brainer JC link up play is very good and goals

Baader
15-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Would take him back definitely. Would not like to see him play for that mob, although it isn't the reason i would like him back. Just think he will get goals for us.

we are hibs
15-08-2019, 10:04 AM
https://twitter.com/monsieuratko/status/1161940897682075648?s=19

Tam McManus talking ***** shocker

Joe6-2
15-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Yes

Hibernian32
15-08-2019, 10:41 AM
https://twitter.com/monsieuratko/status/1161940897682075648?s=19

Tam McManus talking ***** shocker

This boy also said ojo wasn't going to Aberdeen

Last Minute
15-08-2019, 10:45 AM

Doidge or Kamberi cant play alone upfront ? and Doidge is still to prove big time if he can do it in this division .

Bukta#8
15-08-2019, 10:49 AM
Thats not strictly true though is it. Last season Maclaren could have went to Hibs or Hearts. We lost one player to Aberdeen, people need to get over it.

You say Maclaren and I say Naill Mcginn and Duncan Shearer

500miles
15-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Doidge or Kamberi cant play alone upfront ? and Doidge is still to prove big time if he can do it in this division .

Doesnt make Cummings the solution to anything I said.

What he does have though, is bags of confidence and the ability to keep going. I don't think we have that in the final third. Maybe that is what we need, and his attitude can spread through the team.

Gypsy King
15-08-2019, 11:04 AM
Embarrassing

What about
Option 2 - No

What a dumb comparison.

Gypsy King
15-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Cummings would bang them in for us. Just like he did last time.

NO BRAINER

IWasThere2016
15-08-2019, 11:08 AM
If it wasn't costing us much then absolutely.

He's not without his faults but he scored goals for us.

This. :agree:

Biggie
15-08-2019, 11:13 AM
But can he fit into heckingbottoms high pressing, fast paced game ?

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2019, 11:15 AM
PH likes to play one up front, where would Cummings play in that, remember Hampden against the sheep when he was asked to play the lone striker role.

Greenworld
15-08-2019, 11:16 AM
Doidge or Kamberi cant play alone upfront ? and Doidge is still to prove big time if he can do it in this division .To be fair Doidge might need a few games to help him prove that also playing with two up front would help all our strikers.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
15-08-2019, 11:19 AM
PH likes to play one up front, where would Cummings play in that, remember Hampden against the sheep when he was asked to play the lone striker role.How many managers seem determind To play that way must have all read the same manager manual .
Funny how many utd played 442 nearly all.of there successful period

J-C
15-08-2019, 11:30 AM
How many managers seem determind To play that way must have all read the same manager manual .
Funny how many utd played 442 nearly all.of there successful period

But don't play that now, just like all the other top clubs

LeithMike
15-08-2019, 11:33 AM

Honestly, I don't know how he fits.Good point. Cummings certainly comes alive in the opposition penalty box and, although he improved his all round game under Lennon, I am not sure he's what we need at this point. We are crying out for some runners and graft in the middle of the park. A spine of Vela, Mallan, Alan, Doidge/Kamberi and Cummings does not fill me with confidence and I would see us getting overrun whenever a team can put pressure on us.

I am not a fan of Naismith but you've got to admire his work rate and energy levels. If we are going to play with a second striker we could use someone of that ilk.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2019, 12:10 PM
A definite yes, but is there even a slight chance it could happen?

KeithTheHibby
15-08-2019, 12:16 PM
PH likes to play one up front, where would Cummings play in that, remember Hampden against the sheep when he was asked to play the lone striker role.

Yeah because that appears to be working right enough.:rolleyes:

hibbytam
15-08-2019, 12:20 PM
But can he fit into heckingbottoms high pressing, fast paced game ?

I've not seen anything to suggest we have one of those anyway.

I'd be happy to see JC back, he's got the predatory instinct that I don't think any of our 3 strikers have. And although he's not a proven goalscorer at this level, he is a proven goalscorer at hibs, and against several of the better teams in this league.
Plus if we don't, chances are someone else in the league will.

blaird03
15-08-2019, 12:21 PM
The guy is a waste of grass.

The 90+2
15-08-2019, 12:21 PM

Cummings on a two or three year deal will be here a lot longer than PH and his one up top tactics.

The 90+2
15-08-2019, 12:22 PM

Apart from when he’s scoring massive goals, match winning goals in big games and winning the Scottish cup with Hibernian. Correct.

Smartie
15-08-2019, 12:33 PM

I know he used to act the goat at times but this really is a peculiar turn of phrase.

Last Minute
15-08-2019, 03:11 PM
Shaw to St Johnstone if Hibs find Another Striker says the BBC Scotland Sport . :hmmm: JC :wink:

15-08-2019, 05:58 PM
Shaw to St Johnstone if Hibs find Another Striker says the BBC Scotland Sport . :hmmm: JC :wink:

Yes, I hope Leeann has allowed some of the £1m cash to be used to bring in JC.

15-08-2019, 06:09 PM

Have you got a link to the article mentioning St Johnstone? I only see the one saying Oli wants to go out on loan.

Franck Stanton
15-08-2019, 06:10 PM
Apart from when he’s scoring massive goals, match winning goals in big games and winning the Scottish cup with Hibernian. Correct.

Correct.

Also, if Cummings was presented with exactly the same chances Diodge was v St Mirren then I would suggest we would have won 3-0 that day.

Last Minute
15-08-2019, 08:09 PM
Have you got a link to the article mentioning St Johnstone? I only see the one saying Oli wants to go out on loan.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/st-johnstone-lead-premiership-loan-chase-for-hibs-striker-oli-shaw-1-4984200/amp

Hibernian32
15-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Correct.

Also, if Cummings was presented with exactly the same chances Diodge was v St Mirren then I would suggest we would have won 3-0 that day.

Cummings was prone to missing howlers as well mate

15-08-2019, 08:27 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/st-johnstone-lead-premiership-loan-chase-for-hibs-striker-oli-shaw-1-4984200/amp

Thanks, I was searching using BBC sport Scotland.

Seems unlikely he'll go out on loan only if we can get similar or better to come here for the same cost. Surely we'd could at least stretch to a little bit more.

Since452
15-08-2019, 08:29 PM

Raith Rovers away. Missed from under the crossbar

JohnM1875
15-08-2019, 08:30 PM
Raith Rovers away. Missed from under the crossbar

I'll never forget that one.

https://youtu.be/b-wLI25eTlo

killie-hibby
15-08-2019, 08:34 PM

Against Raith at Starks Park should have been impossible to miss.

BILLYHIBS
15-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Against Raith at Starks Park should have been impossible to miss.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!

What ah liked aboot Jase was every time he scored against the Jambos he would just stand in front of their fans with his arms spread as if to say “ This is what you are missing!”

One game Stubbsy said to him dinnae dae that so he did and then something else stupid and then sent off for his trouble

we are hibs
15-08-2019, 08:42 PM
Nooooooooooo!!!!!

What ah liked aboot Jase was every time he scored against the Jambos he would just stand in front of their fans with his arms spread as if to say “ This is what you are missing!”

One game Stubbsy said to him dinnae dae that so he did and then something else stupid and then sent off for his trouble

He got a 2nd booking for kicking the ball away... less than 60 seconds after a hearts player recieved a 2nd booking for throwing the ball away

BILLYHIBS
15-08-2019, 08:49 PM
He got a 2nd booking for kicking the ball away... less than 60 seconds after a hearts player recieved a 2nd booking for throwing the ball away
Yip that’s Jase stupid! :greengrin

Hibernian32
15-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Nooooooooooo!!!!!

The flying hand ball at Tannadice also one of ma favorite wtf jason moments

Northernhibee
15-08-2019, 08:57 PM

He's never liked me swearing, but I heard my 73 year old dad call the ref an effing James Hunt when he disallowed the goal then sent him off and it wasn't clear from the stand why :greengrin

Speedway
15-08-2019, 08:58 PM

He got massacred on here for that.

BILLYHIBS
15-08-2019, 09:00 PM

The hand of Jase!

BILLYHIBS
15-08-2019, 09:05 PM
The Panenka versus Dundee United???

Then again if he hudnae put the extra hair spray on his new Pirlo haircut doubtful if it would have had enough power and elevation to loop over the Hearts keeper in the 2-2 game at Tiny

Forever a legend!

Pretty Boy
15-08-2019, 09:14 PM
The Panenka versus Dundee United???

Then again if he hudnae put the extra hair spray on his new Pirlo haircut doubtful if it would have had enough power and elevation to loop over the Hearts keeper in the 2-2 game at Tiny

Forever a legend!

The Panenka was mental.

What I loved about it though is that as he walked up in the shoot out absolutely everybody thought he might try it again, even the Dundee Utd keeper must have thought so because he barely moved when the penalty was struck. As it was it was a cool penalty that sent us to the final.

I bet he seriously thought about trying it again too.

BILLYHIBS
15-08-2019, 09:20 PM
The Panenka was mental.

What I loved about it though is that as he walked up in the shoot out absolutely everybody thought he might try it again, even the Dundee Utd keeper must have thought so because he barely moved when the penalty was struck. As it was it was a cool penalty that sent us to the final.

I bet he seriously thought about trying it again too.
:wtf:

I will always remember the look of disbelief on the wee boys face on the BBC Scotland highlights as if to say “ What the f##k are you doing it’s the Scottish Cup Semi Final Just put your laces through it it is not about you it is about HIBS!”

We can laugh at it now

green with envy
15-08-2019, 10:19 PM
According to the Evening News alerts this evening, hecky has no intention of bringing him back.

15-08-2019, 10:26 PM
According to the Evening News alerts this evening, hecky has no intention of bringing him back.

Close thread....... until Tam McManus's next tweet.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-08-2019, 12:05 AM

“On the opening day of the 1995–96 league season, Bergkamp made his full debut against Middlesbrough. He struggled to adapt to the English game and failed to score in the club's next six league matches, prompting ridicule by the national press”

Even the greats can have a stuttering start.

Col2
16-08-2019, 12:23 AM

Thank god. Was getting excited for two minutes and glad it’s being nipped in the bud. We can look forward to some guy on loan from boroughbridge who isn’t really a striker and doesn’t really score goals and isn’t really quick but is known to Hecky.

Stokesy's on fire
16-08-2019, 05:47 AM
Hecky has lost it JC would have been ideal for us

Viva_Palmeiras
16-08-2019, 06:57 AM
Fan ownership anyone ? :)

Smartie
16-08-2019, 07:01 AM

Cummings was a good a player as I've ever seen at not letting stuff like that get to him and put himself in position to get the next one - very important for a striker.

Stokesy's on fire
16-08-2019, 07:26 AM
the fact cummings could score a goal out of absolutely nothing is another reason why he should be signed up. Heckingbottom, Dempster and George Craig should be all over this and have him back in the green more fool them if they are silly enough to turn a blind eye to a JC return.

Last Minute
16-08-2019, 07:37 AM
Thank god. Was getting excited for two minutes and glad it’s being nipped in the bud. We can look forward to some guy on loan from boroughbridge who isn’t really a striker and doesn’t really score goals and isn’t really quick but is known to Hecky.

100% spot on. Maybe he doesn't want a goal scorer with a bit of swagger and someone who has scored goals against the top teams in this League. Maybe its Graham Mathie and George Craig that don't want a natural goal scorer as maybe its them that has spent all the budget on video game players.

Joe6-2
16-08-2019, 07:42 AM
We will live to regret not signing him if he goes to Herts, I just know it!

Last Minute
16-08-2019, 07:57 AM
the fact cummings could score a goal out of absolutely nothing is another reason why he should be signed up. Heckingbottom, Dempster and George Craig should be all over this and have him back in the green more fool them if they are silly enough to turn a blind eye to a JC return.

:top marks Fools the lot of them if they let this go past them. As George Craig would say in his video's ( A goal scorer like Jason Cummings is available and is handed to you on a plate and your not interested )

Since452
16-08-2019, 08:15 AM
If Cummings signed for St Mirren and scored 3 goals all season and ended up punted there would still be a clamour for him on here to sign him. He ain't good enough. Swap St Mirren for Peterborough and Luton and that's where we are right now.

Pretty Boy
16-08-2019, 08:38 AM
If Cummings signed for St Mirren and scored 3 goals all season and ended up punted there would still be a clamour for him on here to sign him. He ain't good enough. Swap St Mirren for Peterborough and Luton and that's where we are right now.

Imagine there was a midfielder who was a promising youngster but made the jump to England too soon. He was a flop on loan at various clubs and was tagged as being bother, having an ego and various other things. He then arrived back in Scotland and had a great season in the 2nd tier with his new club before agitating for a move, getting a move to the top club in the country and then found himself well out the picture almost immediately, he went on loan to England again and flopped then went on loan to a poor team in the Scottish Premiership and struggled for form and injuries and found himself on the bench towards the end of that loan spell.

Think Rotherham and Dundee. He ain't good enough.

Last Minute
16-08-2019, 08:41 AM

you are having a laugh aye? 3 goals all season. He would score more than that in 3 games. and with the service from Allan and Malan etc at hibs he would be our top goal scorer.

Last Minute
16-08-2019, 08:45 AM
over 14 thousand views and only 247 have voted in the poll:confused:

Bangkok Hibby
16-08-2019, 09:07 AM
over 14 thousand views and only 247 have voted in the poll:confused:

That doesn't mean 14,000 people have looked. I must have been here upwards of 10 times

Since452
16-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Imagine there was a midfielder who was a promising youngster but made the jump to England too soon. He was a flop on loan at various clubs and was tagged as being bother, having an ego and various other things. He then arrived back in Scotland and had a great season in the 2nd tier with his new club before agitating for a move, getting a move to the top club in the country and then found himself well out the picture almost immediately, he went on loan to England again and flopped then went on loan to a poor team in the Scottish Premiership and struggled for form and injuries and found himself on the bench towards the end of that loan spell.

If you're referring to Scott Allan he came back to Hibs in the SPL and changed our season. He was immense. Thats the difference. Cummings has flopped everywhere he's been since leaving Hibs. Nottingham Forest, Rangers, Peterborough and Luton. Don't know how accurate wiki is but it's showing he's scored 10 goals since he left the Scottish Championship. Thats why the likes of St Johnstone are saying no.

Pretty Boy
16-08-2019, 09:37 AM
If you're referring to Scott Allan he came back to Hibs in the SPL and changed our season. He was immense. Thats the difference. Cummings has flopped everywhere he's been since leaving Hibs. Nottingham Forest, Rangers, Peterborough and Luton. Don't know how accurate wiki is but it's showing he's scored 10 goals since he left the Scottish Championship. Thats why the likes of St Johnstone are saying no.

My point was what had Allan done in the months and years before that return to Hibs in January last year? Flopped at Rotherham and Dundee.

That signing wasn't based on anything other than what he had done at Hibs previously. Cummings could well be a disaster back at Hibs but I'm not reading too much into a bad decision to go down south too early and a couple of crap loan moves. Based on what he has done for Hibs I'd give him another chance.

It's all hypothetical anyway as the manager has given a resounding no when asked if it will happen.

Jim44
16-08-2019, 09:58 AM
My point was what had Allan done in the months and years before that return to Hibs in January last year? Flopped at Rotherham and Dundee.

That signing wasn't based on anything other than what he had done at Hibs previously. Cummings could well be a disaster back at Hibs but I'm not reading too much into a bad decision to go down south too early and a couple of crap loan moves. Based on what he has done for Hibs I'd give him another chance.

It's all hypothetical anyway as the manager has given a resounding no when asked if it will happen.

Did PH qualify his statement as to the reason? Such as he just didn’t rate Cummings or whether we didn’t have any cash to do a deal?

Pretty Boy
16-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Did PH qualify his statement as to the reason? Such as he just didn’t rate Cummings or whether we didn’t have any cash to do a deal?

From what I saw he was talking about Shaw then someone asked if we were interested in Cummings and he just said 'no'.

There may have been more said later but at that point there was no follow up.

Gypsy King
16-08-2019, 10:06 AM

Nail on the head

One Day Soon
16-08-2019, 10:07 AM

So according to some that will mean we're definitely after him - just like the 'we've no money left' means we definitely have money left. That's some poker playing going on here.

stu in nottingham
16-08-2019, 10:59 AM
From the Nottingham Post

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/managers-blunt-response-asked-interest-3217264

You have to ask yourself why not one single club appears to be interested in him.

Mainstandman
16-08-2019, 11:03 AM
From the Nottingham Post

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/managers-blunt-response-asked-interest-3217264

You have to ask yourself why not one single club appears to be interested in him.

The same reason no premiership club would touch Shankland

Jim44
16-08-2019, 11:04 AM
From the Nottingham Post

Well, Stu, I’ll just ask you? Is there any ‘gossip’ in your neck of the woods which might point to the disinterest in Cummings?

MikeyS
16-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Which is??

FilipinoHibs
16-08-2019, 11:39 AM
From the Nottingham Post

The boy is trouble and out of shape.

Stokesy's on fire
16-08-2019, 11:50 AM
From the Nottingham Post

teams are interested in him.

stu in nottingham
16-08-2019, 12:02 PM
Well, Stu, I’ll just ask you? Is there any ‘gossip’ in your neck of the woods which might point to the disinterest in Cummings?

I wish I could say there was, Jim. Jason is absolutely nowhere here - just a forgotten man. Three managers at Forest after Warburton, Karanka, O'Neill and now Lamouchi have totally ignored him. Nobody talks about him, it's like he doesn't exist. I've seen him in the odd pre-season job and he's looked lost and out of his depth. I thought he would struggle a bit at Championship level but I didn't expect almost complete failure across the divisions.

I think the TV-smashing incident really turned people against him. He was perceived here as an immature idiot that needed his backside kicking, not a quirky 'cheeky chappie'. Somebody who treated his career as a lark, rather than something he needed to work his guts out on to succeed - like John McGinn always has. I think fans here gave up on him at that point.

I wouldn't try to judge him on such but recent images don't have him looking much like a professional footballer either. It just all seems so familiar a sad football story where ability (i.e. goal scoring in Jason's case) is just not enough. I have a fear that at just 24 years-old we've actually already seen the best of Jason Cummings. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Mainstandman
16-08-2019, 12:15 PM
From the Nottingham Post

Pretty Boy
16-08-2019, 12:18 PM
Leaving a debate about us signing him aside for a moment; hopefully this is a lesson to any young players we bring through in the future that biding your time and learning your trade can be just as important as a quick payday and rushing into a new challenge.

Everything is easy with 20/20 hindsight but had JC stuck around for another year as McGinn did who knows how things may have turned out. It's certainly something for the likes of Porteous and Murray to consider in the years to come.

Mainstandman
16-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Which is??

Can score goals but poor professionals

Smartie
16-08-2019, 12:50 PM
From the Nottingham Post

What does "last wore the garibaldi in December 2017" mean?

stu in nottingham
16-08-2019, 01:00 PM
What does "last wore the garibaldi in December 2017" mean?

It's referring to Forest's 'Garibaldi Red' shirts. The original Forest team bought twelve red caps to wear in their first game. Named after Italian freedom fighter General Garibaldi and his 'Redshirt' followers.

thorbs
16-08-2019, 01:11 PM
The hand of Jase!

THE HAND OF (CUM)DOG you mean?

Last Minute
16-08-2019, 02:00 PM
I think we should get him home and get him in shape. He will score goals :agree:

Deansy
16-08-2019, 03:57 PM
'Heckingbottom has said Shaw will only be allowed to depart if another striker replaces him at Easter Road – but he ruled out that player being Cummings.Asked if there was any interest in the Reds front man, the Edinburgh Evening News report "he replied bluntly, 'no'".

Apparently Hecky wasn't really interested in McGeouch either - I'm really starting to believe he's Leeann's first major howler !!. What with playing one up front at home, no more money for players, along with that disgraceful 'performance' at ****brox I'm starting to get that old, familiar feeling where Hibs are concerned - depression !

Stokesy's on fire
16-08-2019, 04:09 PM
'Heckingbottom has said Shaw will only be allowed to depart if another striker replaces him at Easter Road – but he ruled out that player being Cummings.Asked if there was any interest in the Reds front man, the Edinburgh Evening News report "he replied bluntly, 'no'".

Apparently Hecky wasn't really interested in McGeouch either - I'm really starting to believe he's Leeann's first major howler !!. What with playing one up front at home, no more money for players, along with that disgraceful 'performance' at ****brox I'm starting to get that old, familiar feeling where Hibs are concerned - depression !

correct the fact he has avoided two good players we may have been able to bring back sets of major alarm bells. If the club are to avoid taking back JC a cup winning hero then they had better have someone very special lined up to play for us.

AgentDaleCooper
16-08-2019, 04:17 PM
correct the fact he has avoided two good players we may have been able to bring back sets of major alarm bells. If the club are to avoid taking back JC a cup winning hero then they had better have someone very special lined up to play for us.

i get the impression that hecky has a very particular ethic to his transfer dealings that he doesn't want to break, for some reason.

SChibs
16-08-2019, 04:19 PM

The Hammer of Hearts

IT'S A NO BRAINER !

Because I don't think his all round game is good enough for the league we are in now. Some players just hit a level and can't go up a league. Especially down in England there are great strikers that score plenty in the Championship but can't make the step up to the Premier League

hibbyfraelibby
16-08-2019, 04:20 PM
From what I saw he was talking about Shaw then someone asked if we were interested in Cummings and he just said 'no'.

There may have been more said later but at that point there was no follow up.

So Hecky said NO, no qualification, no conditionality, so the Cummings lovies and Hecky haters will be asking if he meant

1. No as in No means No
2. No as in Maybes Aye, Maybes No or Maybes Nah
3. No, No, No, Yes as per Vicar of Dibly
4. No as an inflected "No"?
5. No as in No the now
6. No as in Nooooooh

I do hate it when people give a straight answer to a straight question and it was unequivecal.

Scotty Leither
16-08-2019, 05:57 PM
A deal to the end of the season would suit everybody, and if he gets himself fit in time for the Derby and scores, then that would enervate the whole place and we could look at things again in January.

I get the impression though that Heckingbottom is the type that if the fans want something (maybe like two up at home) he'll go out to do the complete opposite just to prove he's right. I might be way off beam, but just the impression I get with his oblique answers that he gives at press conferences, he reminds me of Alex Miller in that regard too - Miller's team and his approach to games reflected his personaltiy - dull.

Whatever else Jason is, he's certainly not dull and our team and club seem bereft of characters at the moment.

sixtwo
16-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Heckingbottom dismissed any suggestion of signing him! Why dismiss it so bluntly? I am so annoyed with this guy. Really liked him last year but his signings have been dross. I have come to the conclusion he does not understand the size of the job at Hibs. He thinks lower league pish from England would walk it here. He underestimates the league. He is buying to his budget but his network is so narrow, he is limited to crap from England. Last year we were sourcing players from Germany etc. He better turn things around soon because the knives are being sharpened after that shambles at Ibrox!

marinello59
16-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Heckingbottom dismissed any suggestion of signing him! Why dismiss it so bluntly? I am so annoyed with this guy. Really liked him last year but his signings have been dross. I have come to the conclusion he does not understand the size of the job at Hibs. He thinks lower league pish from England would walk it here. He underestimates the league. He is buying to his budget but his network is so narrow, he is limited to crap from England. Last year we were sourcing players from Germany etc. He better turn things around soon because the knives are being sharpened after that shambles at Ibrox!

Look at Cummings record since he left and pretend he never played for us. Would you sign him and why?

RoxburghHibs
16-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Look at Cummings record since he left and pretend he never played for us. Would you sign him and why?

Using that logic Scott Allan would look *****

Fife-Hibee
16-08-2019, 06:33 PM

Different league, different playing style. He's a proven effective player up here and that should be good enough. Would love to see him back. Would be absolutely sick if he went to Hearts. Not just because of who he is, but because of what he can do up here.

marinello59
16-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Using that logic Scott Allan would look *****

Not quite the same given that Allan was frozen out. JC has had several chances and hasn’t done the business.

marinello59
16-08-2019, 06:35 PM
Different league, different playing style. He's a proven effective player up here and that should be good enough. Would love to see him back. Would be absolutely sick if he went to Hearts. Not just because of who he is, but because of what he can do up here.

How did he do at Sevco?

JimboHibs
16-08-2019, 06:37 PM

Is Vella dross also ?

sixtwo
16-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Is Vella dross also ?

Time will tell but he has not set the heather alight. I have not seen anything in him that Marvin Bartley couldn’t offer. Dare I say Dylan Mcgeough could have filled that holding midfield role. It’s a sad indictment that only one of his signings is arguably ‘ not dross’

Pretty Boy
16-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Not quite the same given that Allan was frozen out. JC has had several chances and hasn’t done the business.

Allan flopped on loan at Rotherham and Dundee between his 1st and 2nd spells at Hibs.

I'm not sure Cummings is the answer to all our problems but I'm not overly hung up on what he has done since he has been away. Everything about him just screams miserable in the last couple of years and he maybe just needs an arm around the shoulder and to feel wanted again.

JimboHibs
16-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Time will tell but he has not set the heather alight. I have not seen anything in him that Marvin Bartley couldn’t offer. Dare I say Dylan Mcgeough could have filled that holding midfield role. It’s a sad indictment that only one of his signings is arguably ‘ not dross’

Of course Dylan would have been a fantastic signing , you ever thought he didnt want to come back to Hibs or we just cant afford his wages now ? Its perfectly reasonable.

Since452
16-08-2019, 06:49 PM

What was he ment to say? Mutter and stutter and say he likes Jasons hair? No was a good enough answer for me.

weecounty hibby
16-08-2019, 06:50 PM
How did he do at Sevco?

2 goals in 15 appearances. 1 in 14 at Forest. 6 in 22 at Peterborough. 1 in 5 at Luton. So 56 appearances for a total of 10 goals. Not great at all. If he hadn't played for us in the past I don't think folk would be excited by the prospect of Jason being our saviour. Add in his apparently unprofessional behaviour and it would be a definite no I would think

sixtwo
16-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Is Vella dross also ?

How did vela do last week against the huns? Like the rest of heckingbottoms signings, he sh@t himself. Totally backs up my argument that Heckingbottom underestimates the league and size of the job here!

Just Alf
16-08-2019, 06:53 PM
Allan flopped on loan at Rotherham and Dundee between his 1st and 2nd spells at Hibs.

I'm not sure Cummings is the answer to all our problems but I'm not overly hung up on what he has done since he has been away. Everything about him just screams miserable in the last couple of years and he maybe just needs an arm around the shoulder and to feel wanted again.This is where I am at.... Would very happily see him in the squad at least.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

marinello59
16-08-2019, 06:56 PM

I'm not sure Cummings is the answer to all our problems but I'm not overly hung up on what he has done since he has been away. Everything about him just screams miserable in the last couple of years and he maybe just needs an arm around the shoulder and to feel wanted again.

I forgot about Rotherham, fair point.

Fife-Hibee
16-08-2019, 07:01 PM
How did he do at Sevco?

You mean in the 15 appearances he had there compared to the 114 he had with us? He scored a couple of goals, not a great return but not even one full season to properly judge his performances there.

marinello59
16-08-2019, 07:02 PM
You mean in the 15 appearances he had there compared to the 114 he had with us? He scored a couple of goals, not a great return but not even one full season to properly judge his performances there.

Aye, in our league. He begged Sevco to make the move permanent. Why didn’t they?

Since452
16-08-2019, 07:10 PM

Not so sure. When fit Allan was Dundee's best player