PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: "I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW WHAT I'M ABOUT"

RSS Bot
14-08-2019, 03:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10208)

Iggy Pope
14-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Ach, that’s nice.

04Sauzee
14-08-2019, 06:49 PM
I'm actually wishing this had been a permanent deal.

California-Hibs
14-08-2019, 06:53 PM
I'm actually wishing this had been a permanent deal.

Hes too good for us to be able to sign outright, in my opinion. I have a feeling he's going to be a big part of our season

Hi Heid Yin
14-08-2019, 09:44 PM
Hes too good for us to be able to sign outright, in my opinion. I have a feeling he's going to be a big part of our season

I hope that you are right.

The question for me is: Will Heckingbottom allow our loanee to express himself in his best and most effective position?

I say this as our manager appears to be driven by a fear of losing and thinks nothing of asking players to operate in less effective areas in order to meet his game plan.

Greencore
14-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Happy we are adding quality to our team.

However, it's a bit **** we are essentially developing a player for sevco.

However if he scores 2 goals in a Scottish Cup final or adds an assist. Who cares right?

SMAXXA
14-08-2019, 10:04 PM

The question for me is: Will Heckingbottom allow our loanee to express himself in his best and most effective position?

I say this as our manager appears to be driven by a fear of losing and thinks nothing of asking players to operate in less effective areas in order to meet his game plan.

Do you think PH is a fool and he would bring him in to use him ineffectively? He’s being made out to be some pish Manager which is poor at this stage imo.

One Day Soon
14-08-2019, 10:25 PM
Am I reading this right? We've signed this guy on loan from Rangers? :faf:

What the actual **** is going on at ER? At what point does transition just become the permanent status?

Hi Heid Yin
14-08-2019, 10:26 PM
Do you think PH is a fool and he would bring him in to use him ineffectively? He’s being made out to be some pish Manager which is poor at this stage imo.

Of course I don't think that Heckingbottom is a fool, but I do think that his approaches to games, especially against so-called rivals, is driven more by a fear of losing than a belief in winning and that this transmits itself onto the field of play.

houstonhibbee
14-08-2019, 10:34 PM
Am I reading this right? We've signed this guy on loan from Rangers? :faf:

What the actual **** is going on at ER? At what point does transition just become the permanent status?
It’ll happen one day soon.....

neil7908
14-08-2019, 10:39 PM
Of course I don't think that Heckingbottom is a fool, but I do think that his approaches to games, especially against so-called rivals, is driven more by a fear of losing than a belief in winning and that this transmits itself onto the field of play.

Yup. After Sunday it's clear we have given up any hope of winning against either of the OF and the plan is just to feed of the scraps they fancy throwing at us.

Ah how great Scottish football is!

BoyledEgg
14-08-2019, 10:40 PM

Fear of losing? He went 2 up front with 10 men on Sunday to try and get something out the game.

Captain Trips
14-08-2019, 10:45 PM
Fear of losing? He went 2 up front with 10 men on Sunday to try and get something out the game.

Maybe start in that manner we might have had a different story.

BoyledEgg
14-08-2019, 10:51 PM

I doubt it. We started that way in one of the cup games at Easter Road, maybe Alloa, we were rotten and it was changed by half time.

If Mackie didn’t handle the ball while on a yellow card we might have had a different story though.

neil7908
14-08-2019, 10:54 PM
I doubt it. We started that way in one of the cup games at Easter Road, maybe Alloa, we were rotten and it was changed by half time.

If Mackie didn’t handle the ball while on a yellow card we might have had a different story though.

No chance. We had about 10 minutes of the game prior to the sending off but other than that we got slaughtered.

We can't let Mackie's moment of madness be held responsible for our total capitulation.

Hi Heid Yin
14-08-2019, 11:04 PM

We practically waved a white flag at Sevco from the first whistle.

Fear and hesitancy ran right through our team.

Not a single player showed bravery or leadership.

If not for Sevco squandering chance after chance and the heroics of Rocky in goal we would have been buried by half time.

Heckingbottom going 2 up front merely gave us a fleeting moment of hope, but the momentum quickly shifted back to Sevco after Mackie's moment of madness.

Collectively, pre and post Mackie's moment of madness, Sevco believed that they were going to win, unlike our lot who collectively threw in the towel - conceding 4 lame goals in the last 16 minutes.

It was a shameful performance by our boys and the buck, for me, stops at our managers door.

He drilled them both physically and mentally before hand.

MWHIBBIES
14-08-2019, 11:08 PM

Yes, it would've been 10

CMurdoch
14-08-2019, 11:08 PM

If Mackie hadn't been sent off we wouldn't have lost by more than 2 goals

Since452
15-08-2019, 05:47 AM

I actually thought we were going to equalise before he went

bigwheel
15-08-2019, 05:49 AM

It’s hard to know if that is the case ..we were having a much better period...competing more - but with 11 men we could easily have been 3 or 4 down at half time

Little doubt that Mackie’s sending off cost us any real chance of getting back on level terms though ....

scotiaf
15-08-2019, 05:54 AM
Yup. After Sunday it's clear we have given up any hope of winning against either of the OF and the plan is just to feed of the scraps they fancy throwing at us.

Ah how great Scottish football is!

It was only a matter of time that someone came to rangers and managed to invest/create a team with all the excess money. We need to be looking at 3rd and a cup win as the target for the next few seasons