Desert Island Dicks
Celebrity encounters
and more!

https://anchor.fm/longbangers/episodes/Episode-6-Budgie-Smugglers-e4uu3k

itunes:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560?i=1000446836736

13-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Never mind Heckingbottom apologising after Sunday, you should be apologising for that lettuce gag 😂😂

13-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Never mind Heckingbottom apologising after Sunday, you should be apologising for that lettuce gag 😂😂

No deal.

13-08-2019, 09:44 PM
Funny as ****.

#2 Double Tap
13-08-2019, 09:45 PM
No deal.

good listening

13-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Really enjoying this podcast 👍

Mango Man
13-08-2019, 10:01 PM
There HAS to be a Rangers podcast called, The Prodcast. Genius.

13-08-2019, 10:09 PM
There HAS to be a Rangers podcast called, The Prodcast. Genius.

There must be, eh?!

13-08-2019, 10:10 PM
Funny as ****.

Unsure if serious or not 👀

13-08-2019, 10:32 PM
Unsure if serious or not 👀

Aw naw, bad weekend and can’t be arsed. Bill Hicks smoking into the face of the AirCon with the windows down is where I am at. . Loved that quote on the other thread about your phone being the size of a Vauxhall Vectra. You make me laugh don’t get me wrong.

13-08-2019, 10:48 PM
Very good but no real need for what I thought was too much swearing. I think the humour and discussion is better without it.

Loved the Geordie accent and kangaroo joke :-)

13-08-2019, 10:54 PM
Very good but no real need for what I thought was too much swearing. I think the humour and discussion is better without it.

:aok: it was a bit sweary, to be fair.

13-08-2019, 11:01 PM
A result like Sunday would have had a priest cursing. Fair point though, I’ll ask Matty to rein it in next time 😂

#2 Double Tap
13-08-2019, 11:04 PM
:aok: it was a bit sweary, to be fair.

sorted, ha ha

13-08-2019, 11:07 PM

sorted, ha ha

:thumbsup: :faf:

13-08-2019, 11:08 PM
A result like Sunday would have had a priest cursing. Fair point though, I’ll ask Matty to rein it in next time 😂

**** off. :greengrin

14-08-2019, 06:13 AM

Indeed. And I'll be found out as a total hypocrite when Matty spots me going radio rental from his seat a few rows behind me at ER 😀

14-08-2019, 06:28 AM
Indeed. And I'll be found out as a total hypocrite when Matty spots me going radio rental from his seat a few rows behind me at ER 😀

If I’m totally honest (and I always am) I was channeling my inner Dave throughout that episode. Basically I thought “what would Dave say?”

Funny as ****.

I’m taking that even if it is sarcastic! :greengrin

good listening

Thanks!

14-08-2019, 06:29 AM
Really enjoying this podcast 👍

:aok: cheers!

14-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Who was the other presenter/analyst? Very good listen.

14-08-2019, 09:44 AM

That would be me. Apologies 😂🙈

14-08-2019, 09:50 AM
That would be me. Apologies 😂🙈

No need, top man 👍

14-08-2019, 09:51 AM
We are all Tony Drago.

14-08-2019, 10:10 AM

Cheers. Pedantic is the co-host.

Glad you enjoyed it chief!

14-08-2019, 10:37 AM
Cheers. Pedantic is the co-host.

Glad you enjoyed it chief!

Have I been unknowingly upgraded from guest? Don’t want to get all Funso Ojo on your ass but I need to keep my options open here or alternatively we can discuss a raise, and not the raise you’re thinking of 🕺🏼

The Captain....
14-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Good listen..pretty much echoing most fans thoughts on the current team performance issues and the disconnect between what the manager says he wants and the polar opposite we see on the pitch.

Look forward to the next one.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

14-08-2019, 11:16 AM
Have I been unknowingly upgraded from guest? Don’t want to get all Funso Ojo on your ass but I need to keep my options open here or alternatively we can discuss a raise, and not the raise you’re thinking of 🕺🏼

You can take all the income from the episodes so far. :greengrin

In fact, I’ll double it!

14-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Brilliant once again Matty

Should come with a health warning

Felt like I was reliving Sunday’s nightmare

Desert Island Dicks for me

Would not want Ian Black, Potter or Wee Doddy from Old Co on my Island

Language Timothy!

14-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Brilliant once again Matty

Should come with a health warning

Felt like I was reliving Sunday’s nightmare

Desert Island Dicks for me

Would not want Ian Black, Potter or Wee Doddy from Old Co on my Island

Language Timothy!

That's a decent list for D.I.D.

Glad you enjoyed it, Billy! :thumbsup:

14-08-2019, 04:13 PM
It'd be interesting to get everyone's Desert Island Dicks - we'll go through the best ones on the next pod if you post them here or drop us an email ( longbangers@gmail.com )

14-08-2019, 04:40 PM
Is it who you wouldn’t want to be stuck on the island with or who you’d banish to the island?

14-08-2019, 04:41 PM
It'd be interesting to get everyone's Desert Island Dicks - we'll go through the best ones on the next pod if you post them here or drop us an email ( longbangers@gmail.com )

Jim Traynor
Gordon Smith (ex Hun/ SFA)
Skacel

Drops mike *. [emoji6]

14-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Enjoyed the Jimmy Sandison story. 😂

14-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Is it who you wouldn’t want to be stuck on the island with or who you’d banish to the island?

Who you wouldn’t want to be stuck there with.

Togs91
14-08-2019, 04:49 PM
Who you wouldn’t want to be stuck there with.

I'll repeat mine from twitter, Ian Black, Paul Hartley and R*** S******

Great listening!

14-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Quote of the week .....”If you come back and find David Gray in bed with yer misses, you’d tuck him in....”. [emoji23][emoji23]

Hibstrooper
14-08-2019, 06:12 PM

I got in big trouble from the missus as put this on whilst driving as there was no radio reception and thought it’d be safe. Thankfully kids in the back weren’t paying too much attention but the wife wasn’t happy regardless.

14-08-2019, 06:34 PM
I got in big trouble from the missus as put this on whilst driving as there was no radio reception and thought it’d be safe. Thankfully kids in the back weren’t paying too much attention but the wife wasn’t happy regardless.

We wouldn’t want anyone getting grief for it but in our defence we did label the podcast as having explicit content.

DavidDavidGray
15-08-2019, 10:02 AM
Another good listen 👂💚

15-08-2019, 10:48 AM
We wouldn’t want anyone getting grief for it but in our defence we did label the podcast as having explicit content.

The authorities make me wear a sticker 24/7 on my person warning the immediate public of explicit content.

Sioux
15-08-2019, 10:57 AM
The authorities make me wear a sticker 24/7 on my person warning the immediate public of explicit content.

Does it read "Beware the Perv'?:greengrin

15-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Does it read "Beware the Perv'?:greengrin

That’s the least of their worries 👹

15-08-2019, 11:20 AM

With no big message in this ...and genuinely like what you guys are doing ...the swearing detracted from the podcast for me...made it feel a bit more “pub chat “... might be the tone you guys want ?

Love the Hibs and football chat and the banter ..so not suggesting it should be swear free...just felt a bit too much

Feel free to ignore my feedback! It’s good to have a Hibs regular podcast

Sioux
15-08-2019, 11:21 AM
That’s the least of their worries 👹

:shocked:

15-08-2019, 11:33 AM
With no big message in this ...and genuinely like what you guys are doing ...the swearing detracted from the podcast for me...made it feel a bit more “pub chat “... might be the tone you guys want ?

Love the Hibs and football chat and the banter ..so not suggesting it should be swear free...just felt a bit too much

Definitely won't ignore the feedback - it's all welcome. We probably didn't notice at the time that the language was so prominent but if it's something that made the podcast less enjoyable then it's an easy fix for us.

15-08-2019, 11:40 AM
Easily fixed, bigwheel....I’ll go on mute for a few weeks 😂

To be fair, I think a lot of the swearing bounded from Sunday’s result. The previous podcasts have been relatively swear free.

I’ll do my level best to stifle the Tourette’s going forward.

15-08-2019, 11:51 AM
Easily fixed, bigwheel....I’ll go on mute for a few weeks [emoji23]

To be fair, I think a lot of the swearing bounded from Sunday’s result. The previous podcasts have been relatively swear free.

I’ll do my level best to stifle the Tourette’s going forward.

I can understand the swearing after that performance mind you ! [emoji2][emoji106]

15-08-2019, 12:09 PM

Most of the better podcasts I’ve listened to kind of connects with the listeners because it’s less studio based scripted but people talking about subjects that appeal but also kind of round the pub. It brings a lot of normality into the conversation while getting brilliant points across too. Just my opinion obviously and others won’t feel the same.

KDY Hibs
15-08-2019, 04:12 PM
**** off. :greengrin

Great lisren!

15-08-2019, 07:27 PM
Great lisren!

Cheers!! Thanks for listening! :thumbsup:

Thanks also to everyone who has given us feedback, got in touch with D.I.D.s , famous encounters and to those who have shared the podcast, retweeted and/or followed us on Twitter, and liked our Facebook page.

It all helps and is much appreciated!

Leitherhibs
15-08-2019, 07:29 PM
Enjoyed this again, really great work guys, love your honest and rational analysis.

15-08-2019, 08:02 PM
Enjoyed this again, really great work guys, love your honest and rational analysis.

Thanks chief!!

1875Sean
15-08-2019, 08:52 PM
Nice podcast! Why is it the best team since 2010 out of interest? Just thinking not much of a debate considering the Fenton/Butcher/Calderwood era? Should also consider while doing the best Rb, who is the worst? DVZ would be up there

15-08-2019, 09:05 PM
Nice podcast! Why is it the best team since 2010 out of interest? Just thinking not much of a debate considering the Fenton/Butcher/Calderwood era? Should also consider while doing the best Rb, who is the worst? DVZ would be up there

No specific reason for choosing 2010, just making it fairly recent I suppose.

We’ll definitely do a worst 11 once we’re done. Loads of candidates for that one!

KDY Hibs
15-08-2019, 09:11 PM
Cheers!! Thanks for listening! :thumbsup:

Thanks also to everyone who has given us feedback, got in touch with D.I.D.s , famous encounters and to those who have shared the podcast, retweeted and/or followed us on Twitter, and liked our Facebook page.

It all helps and is much appreciated!

Its real fans, speaking from the heart, it'll catch on im sure!

16-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Definitely the funniest one so far. You both sounded pished.

Budgie liking you on twitter:not worth I had Amadou and Boozy as Facebook friends for a while but I think they both realised I was a creepy stalker after awhile and defriended me.

16-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Definitely the funniest one so far. You both sounded pished.

Budgie liking you on twitter:not worth I had Amadou and Boozy as Facebook friends for a while but I think they both realised I was a creepy stalker after awhile and defriended me.

Doing an episode drunk would be spectacular in all honesty. I’m actively hoping a Morton player has a little toilet accident on the pitch tomorrow so I can topically discuss the time I violently shat myself outside Queen Margaret Uni back in April. Rather than treat it as an embarrassing episode in my life, I’m wearing it as a badge of honour.

16-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Doing an episode drunk would be spectacular in all honesty. I’m actively hoping a Morton player has a little toilet accident on the pitch tomorrow so I can topically discuss the time I violently shat myself outside Queen Margaret Uni back in April. Rather than treat it as an embarrassing episode in my life, I’m wearing it as a badge of honour.

Did you wipe your arse with a sock? thats a good technique if you get caught out in the open air im led to believe.
Ive emailed a wee contribution about meeting famous people.

16-08-2019, 10:13 AM
Did you wipe your arse with a sock? thats a good technique if you get caught out in the open air im led to believe.

No. The whole thing unravelled with horrendously bad consequences, culminating with my sister saying she, and I quote, “will never be able to unhear that sound”.

I once served John Yogi Hughes chewing gum.

16-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Caught up with the podcast and just started off with the latest after Sunday’s Ibrox debacle. A good listen and a good addition to the Hibs Talk and the official Hibs podcasts - all three have their own style and identity. Didn’t think the language was particularly offensive at all - just a couple of F bombs. Mind you, I listen daily to Top Flight Time Machine and the language on that one makes the Longbangers swearies Church Coffeee Morning by comparison.

16-08-2019, 10:30 AM
Got the email :aok:

16-08-2019, 10:31 AM
Caught up with the podcast and just started off with the latest after Sunday’s Ibrox debacle. A good listen and a good addition to the Hibs Talk and the official Hibs podcasts - all three have their own style and identity. Didn’t think the language was particularly offensive at all - just a couple of F bombs. Mind you, I listen daily to Top Flight Time Machine and the language on that one makes the Longbangers swearies Church Coffeee Morning by comparison.

I’m IFS with Top Flight Time Machine so I can say we’re some way below their swear levels!

rotherhamrob
16-08-2019, 10:43 AM
I've been meaning to ask, is there a reason for the name longbangers?

16-08-2019, 11:02 AM
I've been meaning to ask, is there a reason for the name longbangers?

Sort of - it's a game I used to play when I was young (think it was quite a common game, where you and a mate stood at either end of the pitch/car park/goals/whatever) and were the goalie and the striker taking shots into each other.

That and 'bangers' is a slang name for a radge/idiot etc.

16-08-2019, 11:04 AM
Sort of - it's a game I used to play when I was young (think it was quite a common game, where you and a mate stood at either end of the pitch/car park/goals/whatever) and were the goalie and the striker taking shots into each other.

It was known as longbangers down my neck of the woods too.

Of course, the alternative is that Matty and I are packing some serious heat in the boxer shorts department. However, speaking for myself, that’s not the case. If I ran into a brick wall with a stauner I’d break my nose 😢

16-08-2019, 11:11 AM

Of course, the alternative is that Matty and I are packing some serious heat in the boxer shorts department. However, speaking for myself, that’s not the case. If I ran into a brick wall with a stauner I’d break my nose 😢

We'll keep that for "The Third Leg", our spin-off podcast. :greengrin

rotherhamrob
16-08-2019, 11:12 AM

Cheers.
We played the same game but I think we called it long shots, mind you that was 45+ yrs ago so I could be talking sh***

rotherhamrob
16-08-2019, 11:15 AM

🤣🤣👃

16-08-2019, 11:15 AM
I served Alan McLaren (in full Rangers suit and tie) when he was paying for his petrol.

16-08-2019, 11:17 AM

Better be the one about the greatest game show host ever :faf:

16-08-2019, 11:26 AM

It wasn't, but i feel like we should get another email now! :greengrin

16-08-2019, 11:27 AM
I served Alan McLaren (in full Rangers suit and tie) when he was paying for his petrol.

I hope you asked him "what's tomato with you?" in acknowledgement of his bright red puss.

16-08-2019, 11:27 AM
Cheers.
We played the same game but I think we called it long shots, mind you that was 45+ yrs ago so I could be talking sh***

That sounds about right, heard it called that as well.

16-08-2019, 11:29 AM
It wasn't, but i feel like we should get another email now! :greengrin

Between Bollah and myself there are a fair few dodgy ones so sure he has a cracker :faf:

16-08-2019, 11:34 AM

I forgot about him :faf:

Yeah, Its true, I was on 15 to 1 the best quiz show ever. Hosted by William G (for God) Stewart.

04Sauzee
16-08-2019, 04:29 PM

Longbangers was played when there were only 2 of you out to play 😁

Did anyone ever play a game called 7 byes?

16-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Longbangers was played when there were only 2 of you out to play 😁

Did anyone ever play a game called 7 byes?

What was 7 byes?

04Sauzee
16-08-2019, 05:47 PM
What was 7 byes?

You had a keeper and a few outfield players. The outfield players played as 1 team against the keeper and you could only score with a voley or a header (ball had to be in the air) 1 goal was a bye.

The goalkeeper scored a bye when the ball went past the post (jumper) or over the imaginary crossbar or if he made a save. If the keeper scored 7 one of the outfield team had to go in goals, the outfield player who last put the ball over the bar or past the post or who the keeper saved off. If the outfield team one then the keeper stayed in for another round.

Now we know the rules who fancies a game 😂😂

16-08-2019, 05:53 PM
You had a keeper and a few outfield players. The outfield players played as 1 team against the keeper and you could only score with a voley or a header (ball had to be in the air) 1 goal was a bye.

The goalkeeper scored a bye when the ball went past the post (jumper) or over the imaginary crossbar or if he made a save. If the keeper scored 7 one of the outfield team had to go in goals, the outfield player who last put the ball over the bar or past the post or who the keeper saved off. If the outfield team one then the keeper stayed in for another round.

We played it but with three “byes” and for some reason we called it “English”

04Sauzee
16-08-2019, 05:53 PM

Our fitness levels were superior 😂

16-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Our fitness levels were superior 😂

I’m sure I was on 20 a day back then 😂

16-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Long bangers was either two bounces in the opposition half before drinking it or two touches and it had to stay in your own half otherwise goosed.

16-08-2019, 06:23 PM

Get a big .net gathering to relive our childhoods! :greengrin.

Could be a topic for a future show - what childhood games did you play with your pals?

16-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Long bangers was either two bounces in the opposition half before drinking it or two touches and it had to stay in your own half otherwise goosed.

We didn’t have those rules but we did play a game called either oner-touchie or wally, where you had to hit a fence or a wall with the ball with one touch, then your mate would have to do it.

rotherhamrob
16-08-2019, 06:34 PM
We didn’t have those rules but we did play a game called either oner-touchie or wally, where you had to hit a fence or a wall with the ball with one touch, then your mate would have to do it.

We called that shapes.
You don't see kids playing these games now which is a shame.

16-08-2019, 07:26 PM
I’m IFS with Top Flight Time Machine so I can say we’re some way below their swear levels!

Likewise a fellow ****er :aok:

04Sauzee
16-08-2019, 07:29 PM
Get a big .net gathering to relive our childhoods! :greengrin.

Could be a topic for a future show - what childhood games did you play with your pals?

Are you keeping that football related games 😏

16-08-2019, 07:35 PM

I kind of remember a game called “English crossing” that had similar rules.

One I definitely remember is “pairs”.

16-08-2019, 08:59 PM

Aye that was shapes where I was.

Anyone remember hunt the ****? 😂😂😂

CathroMustStay
16-08-2019, 10:27 PM
Latest episode was a quality listen.

Honestly can't believe anyone could be prudish enough to think there was/is too much swearing in these, keep up the great content guys!

17-08-2019, 10:26 AM

Honestly can't believe anyone could be prudish enough to think there was/is too much swearing in these, keep up the great content guys!

17-08-2019, 11:05 AM

Much appreciated, my good man. Podcasts are a whole new ball game for me, I’d never even listened to one before far less take part in one so hopefully they’ll get better and better as each one passes. Well, until the authorities tell me I’m not allowed anymore.