PDA

View Full Version : Just saw the highlights

ColintonHibs
12-08-2019, 09:01 PM
Yes, I wasn’t at the game and never saw the entire thing but I don’t know why everyone’s so raging.

It’s clear that rangers have made some great signings this summer and have a quality team that will go close with celtic for the league.

They have gerrard as the manager, arguably one of the best players of all time and a true winner. The way he led the comeback in the 3-3 game was incredible.

The players must be buzzing to have him as the manager. They looked a lot faster than us, stronger and were taking shots on sight.

The red card was never a free kick or second yellow and the first booking was soft. What a pass for our goal. Horgan looking good.

The only complaint I have from the highlights is whittaker man. Get this guy to ******. Clearly uninterested, lost count of how many times the rangers man beat him and he didn’t care or even sprint back. If i was the manager i’d tell him not to bother coming in to training.

He’s a judas h*n and he p*ssd off at the peak of his career to those b*******. Doesn’t care about the hibees, just looking for an end of career cheque. Surely we can do better

On a positive note though, hearts still looking colin nish!! Hahahahaha

GGTTH

Coco Bryce
12-08-2019, 09:03 PM
Yes, I wasn’t at the game and never saw the entire thing but I don’t know why everyone’s so raging.

It’s clear that rangers have made some great signings this summer and have a quality team that will go close with celtic for the league.

They have gerrard as the manager, arguably one of the best players of all time and a true winner. The way he led the comeback in the 3-3 game was incredible.

The players must be buzzing to have him as the manager. They looked a lot faster than us, stronger and were taking shots on sight.

The red card was never a free kick or second yellow and the first booking was soft. What a pass for our goal. Horgan looking good.

The only complaint I have from the highlights is whittaker man. Get this guy to ******. Clearly uninterested, lost count of how many times the rangers man beat him and he didn’t care or even sprint back. If i was the manager i’d tell him not to bother coming in to training.

He’s a judas h*n and he p*ssd off at the peak of his career to those b*******. Doesn’t care about the hibees, just looking for an end of career cheque. Surely we can do better

GGTTH

Did they show the whole 34 shots they had at goal or just some?

Sammy7nil
12-08-2019, 09:05 PM

GGTTH

Well balanced and thought out post well done :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stuart93
12-08-2019, 09:05 PM

GGTTH

****sake, who gives a **** how hearts are looking when we’ve just been pumped 6-1

madhatter
12-08-2019, 09:06 PM
You miss the parts where Mallan stops tracking his man? Biggest concern I have isn't Whittaker, it's the midfield. Vela should be told to sit. Mallan should be told to sit on the bench. Slivka should play.

KDY Hibs
12-08-2019, 09:16 PM
Did they show the whole 34 shots they had at goal or just some?

Just some, keep the faith though, 2 league games in?

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2019, 09:28 PM

Hibs legend

Smartie
12-08-2019, 09:39 PM
I've watched the highlights a few times and funnily enough the thing that jumps out most for me is that through ball from Scott Allan. An absolutely outrageous piece of quality.

Often in Glasgow we lack a wee bit of quality to break them down and fall to a fairly comfortable defeat by a goal or two.

Yesterday we showed genuine defence splitting quality.

The rest of it just blends into one stinky homogenous mass of Hibs pub league defending and clinical Hun attacking.

matty_f
12-08-2019, 09:45 PM

Hibs legend

Correct.

Jonnyboy
12-08-2019, 09:47 PM

GGTTH

I'm stunned you think that. The first yellow could have been a red as the challenge was both late and high. The second was for hand ball. It hit his upper arm but if you've watched the highlights, you already know that.

SideBurns
12-08-2019, 09:51 PM
I'm stunned you think that. The first yellow could have been a red as the challenge was both late and high. The second was for hand ball. It hit his upper arm but if you've watched the highlights, you already know that.

There's a lot about the post I can't take seriously John, but in particular I can't believe he really thinks that.

Jonnyboy
12-08-2019, 09:56 PM
There's a lot about the post I can't take seriously John, but in particular I can't believe he really thinks that.

:agree:

I thought about debating his other points but decided it wasn't worth it as his feelings are clearly deeply entrenched and so debate would be pointless :greengrin

Unseen work
12-08-2019, 09:56 PM
Mackie and Hibs can have no complaints about the booking, both very obvious. I couldn’t believe just how stupid he was, absolutley infuriating.

Whittikar actually started well imo, he defended some 1 v 1s very well and was calm and composed on the ball. He was getting no protection at all and eventually Jones (who was very good) started beating him.

Admittedly he then went through a phase when he started giving the ball away in terrible positions.

However my main concern isn’t how he played, he’s 35 and shouldn’t be a starter for us. He’s been a good servant.

My main concern was how Rangers were simply walking through our midfield. Regardless of how good they were, it was far too easy.

Sir David Gray
12-08-2019, 09:57 PM
You get brownie points for watching the highlights. I can't bring myself to read a single match report or watch a single piece of the match.

It was bad enough watching it live.

SMAXXA
12-08-2019, 10:07 PM
I actually thought Mcgregor and hanlon were as bad if not worse than Whitty, still can’t work out why Jackson was dropped for Mcgregor.

matty_f
12-08-2019, 10:09 PM
I actually thought Mcgregor and hanlon were as bad if not worse than Whitty, still can’t work out why Jackson was dropped for Mcgregor.

There was so much wrong with the performance it’s hard to know where to start.

There were more than a couple of players who, if they’d been taken off the park completely, we would have seen no noticeable difference to how we played.

basehibby
12-08-2019, 10:17 PM

GGTTH

You are either a Yam fud on the wind up or your head is full of sawdust but I will answer you anyway.

We conceded six FFS and not only that but it FLATTERED US!

Rangers have gotten better under Gerard yes - but at the same time it appears that Hibs have gotten worse and largely owing to the signings made by our new manager and the uninspiring way he has had them playing.

All of the above is a recipe for raging.

Your comments re Whittaker ooze idiocy and don't merit further response.

SMAXXA
12-08-2019, 10:22 PM
There was so much wrong with the performance it’s hard to know where to start.

There were more than a couple of players who, if they’d been taken off the park completely, we would have seen no noticeable difference to how we played.

Very true Matty. I just think it’s a shame some players get slaughtered yet others get away unscathed. There was so much wrong with the performance as you say but basic defending went awol for a lot of the game. Saying that I don’t think there’s a player that could get pass marks on that team performance

green with envy
12-08-2019, 10:24 PM

GGTTH

This is the point where I realised that you are clearly at the wind-up and not to be taken in by the rest of your nonsense.

CMurdoch
12-08-2019, 10:36 PM
yes, i wasn’t at the game and never saw the entire thing but i don’t know why everyone’s so raging.

The only complaint i have from the highlights is whittaker man. Get this guy to ******. Clearly uninterested, lost count of how many times the rangers man beat him and he didn’t care or even sprint back. If i was the manager i’d tell him not to bother coming in to training.

on a positive note though, hearts still looking colin nish!! Hahahahaha

ggtth

At least we are 2 points ahead of your team after 2 games and have got an away game to the Rangers out the way

Launch the yam fud.

Next.

Franck Stanton
12-08-2019, 10:37 PM

GGTTH

This has to be a wind-up post. There is so much drivel about it, it is hard to find a place to start.
Decided best not to try as I would probably start ranting and raving . Suffice to say you are either a troll or a yam trying (& failing)to be funny

matty_f
12-08-2019, 10:43 PM
Very true Matty. I just think it’s a shame some players get slaughtered yet others get away unscathed. There was so much wrong with the performance as you say but basic defending went awol for a lot of the game. Saying that I don’t think there’s a player that could get pass marks on that team performance

Agreed.

JohnMcM
12-08-2019, 10:45 PM
Will someone,
please;
In the name of God and all that is holy;
Stop all these different threads about this result, who is to blame;
Who did what, where, when and how, and,
take us forward to why we should look forward.

:flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
13-08-2019, 06:50 AM
Will someone,
please;

Amen Bro but nothing can stop the .net inquisition.

patlowe
13-08-2019, 06:53 AM
Gerrard one of the best players of all time 😂 that's when I realised the OP was on the wind up.

Greenbeard
13-08-2019, 07:08 AM
Will someone,
please;

Inevitable. Inside, we all have a wee bit of us that is the Hibs fantasy manager and of course loads of us know better than Heck.
He will have erased the match, his selections, tactics, mistakes, poor play etc from his memory banks and won't be doing any analysis of what went wrong, just looking forward with his fingers crossed that a skelping like that doesn't happen again. Aye right.

_hucks_
13-08-2019, 08:38 AM
Mackie and Hibs can have no complaints about the booking, both very obvious. I couldn’t believe just how stupid he was, absolutley infuriating.

Whittikar actually started well imo, he defended some 1 v 1s very well and was calm and composed on the ball. He was getting no protection at all and eventually Jones (who was very good) started beating him.

Admittedly he then went through a phase when he started giving the ball away in terrible positions.

However my main concern isn’t how he played, he’s 35 and shouldn’t be a starter for us. He’s been a good servant.

My main concern was how Rangers were simply walking through our midfield. Regardless of how good they were, it was far too easy.

Seems to be the prevailing opinion that the second booking was stupid from Mackie. I think it's a pretty innocent mistake, he's made a judgement with the ball floating over to a rangers man outside of him that he can get his chest/shoulder to the ball and has got the flight of it wrong. It was a bad split second decision, certianly the wrong one but I think he's getting too rough a ride for the supposed 'stupidity' of the thing.

lyonhibs
13-08-2019, 09:31 AM

GGTTH

I too watched the highlights. It was abysmal, 6-1 was an absolute mercy vs what it could easily have been.

Anyone with half a brain and 1 functioning eye could see that the full backs were repeatedly getting hung out to dry against faster wingers with no assistance whatsoever and yes, Whittaker is too immobile to be a full back but desperate times call for desperate measures. Mackie was brain dead for his 2nd yellow, no excuses.

Spike Mandela
13-08-2019, 10:48 AM
I will wait until I see the reaction from this team but it is a very poor and worrying result.

This Rangers team is decent but needed a last minute winner to beat Kilmarnock last week. Hibs at this stage in their progress, since winning the cup, promotion and season tickets rocketing should never lose a game in such a feeble manner.

Hopefully this is just ‘one of those days’ and will be the result that provides the wake up call the new players need.

JimBHibees
13-08-2019, 10:55 AM
I will wait until I see the reaction from this team but it is a very poor and worrying result.

This Rangers team is decent but needed a last minute winner to beat Kilmarnock last week. Hibs at this stage in their progress, since winning the cup, promotion and season tickets rocketing should never lose a game in such a feeble manner.

Hopefully this is just ‘one of those days’ and will be the result that provides the wake up call the new players need.

Worrying thing is that it clearly was a poor performance by all the players not just the new ones. Only saw the last 30 and when it was going pear shaped in the last 15 to me Vela was one of the very few in that time who was running his heart out which to me was a positive for the future games.

B.H.F.C
13-08-2019, 10:56 AM

The thing that worries me, and it obviously remains to be seen, is that I don’t think it was just one of those days. I just think we look like a poor side.

From the very first game in pre season there has been issues. There hasn’t been any obvious style of play developing. Remember when Mowbray came in, or Stubbs although he had a massive rebuild on his hands, you could clearly see what they were trying to do with the team quite quickly.

The pedestrian pace of the league cup games concerned me. You can’t just flick a switch when the league starts. The way Rangers ran over us on Sunday can’t have been a massive surprise to anybody who has been watching us.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2019, 01:56 PM
8 minutes and 34 seconds virtually non stop Rangers attacks, shots at goal, wonders saves from Rocky, horrific defending and us giving the ball away bar our one goal and a corner in the second half. Absolutely horrendous to watch.

https://youtu.be/lSNLXSIxm_E