PDA

View Full Version : Positives

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 08:18 PM
We’ve got our club captain back fit, our stalwart left back and potential best left back in the country on the verge of returning and the best young centre half in the country also returning. All three will massively improve our starting 11.

Middleton (presuming that hasn’t went tits up for any reason) will be a massive improvement on Newell, again improving our starting 11. That’s 4 positions improved on what we’ve had playing so far this season.

We’ve got two very winnable games coming up, one of which would put us within touching distance of a cup semi final if we win and the other which gives us a chance to push 5 ahead of Hearts already who get beat by Celtic next.

Scott Allan looks to be getting up to speed nicely with a goal in his first league game and possibly the assist of the season already in his second.

Crab apple
12-08-2019, 08:23 PM
All good points. The negatives being we have a soft as **** midfield and a manager with an awful lot of making up to do.

Pagan Hibernia
12-08-2019, 08:27 PM
Sort Allan.

and what should be a straightforward passage to the league cup last 8.

oh and hearts are still pish, and Aberdeen and Kilmarnock have gone backwards.

DarlingtonHibee
12-08-2019, 08:28 PM
All good points. The negatives being we have a soft as **** midfield and a manager with an awful lot of making up to do.

Very positive attitude..

jacomo
12-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Very positive attitude..

Don’t think he read the thread title.

Borderhibbie76
12-08-2019, 08:30 PM
The returning players will improve the backline no end i agree but it's the midfield that needs sorting out and sharpish. I shiver at the thought of a cup semi at Hampden against any of the Uglies or Aberdeen with a midfield that contains allan, mallan and vela. Scary stuff.

Allan and 2 others for me...think Vela needs taken out the firing line till hes up to speed and as for Mallan I've no idea what hes bringing to the table these days now the assists and free kicks have dried up.

Let's hope for a signing to bolster that midfield and that will get things looking a lot more rosy for the coming weeks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

12-08-2019, 08:38 PM
Sort Allan.

and what should be a straightforward passage to the league cup last 8.

oh and hearts are still pish, and Aberdeen and Kilmarnock have gone backwards.

Celtic/Rangers = 1st/2nd and we're aiming to be the least sh*te of the rest. :rolleyes:

jacomo
12-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Very positive attitude..

Crab apple
12-08-2019, 09:04 PM

I read the title and also your double post.

Crab apple
12-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Very positive attitude..

Some positives as I said but some realism needed after our biggest defeat in seven years.

Sammy7nil
12-08-2019, 09:07 PM
I have beer in the fridge and wine in the rack and I am on leave in a few weeks.

Lancs Harp
12-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Positive

We're not Hearts.

Nicho87
12-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Positive from Sunday?

at least they only scored 6

Coco Bryce
12-08-2019, 09:14 PM
The only way is up...

Unseen work
12-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Scott Allan - Obviously the pass, but as a whole he showed good energy, work rate and quality on the ball

The new guys if they never already, know the standard and that being up here isn’t an easy ride.

Another 90 minutes in Vela and Gray returning to action

tonyrougier123
12-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Scott Allan - Obviously the pass, but as a whole he showed good energy, work rate and quality on the ball

The new guys if they never already, know the standard and that being up here isn’t an easy ride.

Another 90 minutes in Vela and Gray returning to action
If they think the standard they are at is acceptable, it shows you how bad english leagues are despite money.

Terrible window for us again!!

There is no other way to put it.

Needs a huge change in them to describe it as anything else at this point.

The players are there we dont seem to have found the right ones.

Smartie
12-08-2019, 09:43 PM
That pass, and knowing there is more where that one came from.

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 09:45 PM
That pass, and knowing there is more where that one came from.

I actually had to laugh at the reaction to it on Sportscene. He literally does it pretty much every week.

147lothian
12-08-2019, 10:13 PM
Any news on when Porteous will be back

basehibby
12-08-2019, 10:40 PM
Frazer Murray - great to see him back fighting for a place in the starting line up. For my money a very promising talent who will force his way into the reckoning this term.