PDA

View Full Version : Still NO Apology

hibeerealist
12-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Is it unreasonable to expect some sort of apology from the manager or a player or the club for that disgrace yesterday, especially to the 900 or so supporters who had paid to endure that p i s h in the Hunnery?

Surely there is someone attached to the club who feels embarrassed at the display/performance and considers an apology to those supporters (the rest of us are due one too but the guys who traveled there Sunday should certainly get one) is something they should do.

It probably won't make us feel better BUT it would demonstrate a realisation that our fans are not expected to pay to watch that!!!

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Are you new to football and sport in general? Sometimes you can get beat and it doesn’t mean that it was deliberate.

flash
12-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Jeez the club would have been doing some amount of grovelling in the years when we really were pish.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Jeez the club would have been doing some amount of grovelling in the years when we really were pish.

Just one statement at the start of the year would do the job. “Fans are not expected to pay to watch us get a doing”

SquashedFrogg
12-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Yes. It's unreasonable.

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2019, 03:43 PM
:faf:

I don't want a daft apology, they didn't take the last beer from my fridge.

Win on Saturday, win the next Saturday, win the next Saturday. That will suffice.

Since452
12-08-2019, 03:45 PM
This is getting tiresome. We got pumped. Lets move on.

madhatter
Did players come over and apologise? Genuinely strange not to have an informal one. At 4-1 down they downed tools even though they were barely applying themselves to begin with...

Sport seems to be the only thing where "form" gets used. Imagine the same word being applied to Doctors. Football people get paid very well so I'd expect an element of shame and empathy for those paying to stand in the rain and watch that debacle.

Cataplana
Ffs

500miles
12-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Deary me.

CRAZYHIBBY
12-08-2019, 03:47 PM
Is it unreasonable to expect some sort of apology from the manager or a player or the club for that disgrace yesterday, especially to the 900 or so supporters who had paid to endure that p i s h in the Hunnery?

Surely there is someone attached to the club who feels embarrassed at the display/performance and considers an apology to those supporters (the rest of us are due one too but the guys who traveled there Sunday should certainly get one) is something they should do.

It probably won't make us feel better BUT it would demonstrate a realisation that our fans are not expected to pay to watch that!!!

I feel your pain and it is ****ing frustrating

Pretty Boy
12-08-2019, 03:48 PM
The only apology I want is a bit fight and pride on Saturday.

In football actions always speak louder than words.

The 90+2
12-08-2019, 03:49 PM
What difference would it make? People would still say they can’t take to the manager and he’s full of wind.

We hit a low point yesterday and this season could be tough but let’s do what we do best, recoup and get behind the side and the club. The huns might have bragging rights over us for a good while but at the end of the day at least we aren’t huns.

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 03:51 PM
It's getting worse, we got beat, yes it was a really bad result and we didnt play well at all but let's get real, do the management team have to come out and apologise every time we get beat

The 90+2
12-08-2019, 03:53 PM
It's getting worse, we got beat, yes it was a really bad result and we didnt play well at all but let's get real, do the management team have to come out and apologise every time we get beat

Well Lenny did hide a few times and get Parker to take the media. I think that was his was of being sorry.

we are hibs
12-08-2019, 03:54 PM

No. Only when theyve embarrassed the club.

Speedway
12-08-2019, 03:55 PM
Would we expect what the OP is asking for if it had been a 6-1 reverse against the Duncans?

hibeerealist
12-08-2019, 03:56 PM

NO they don't but is 6-1 an every week result?

Get real, I never said an apology expected for every defeat.

The 90+2
12-08-2019, 03:56 PM
Would we expect what the OP is asking for if it had been a 6-1 reverse against the Duncans?

A derby is different though. If Hecky was going to apologise it would have been after the match yesterday.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2019, 03:58 PM
I think some of the replies to Hibeerealist are harsh. I haven't seen the post-match interviews, but an apology would have been appropriate in the circumstances. I've seen other managers do so after a disastrous performance. Those in the Hibs section yesterday at least deserve a thank-you for sticking by the team during a debacle.

hibeerealist
12-08-2019, 03:58 PM

That would help.

Still feel an apology for yesterday is due!

Northernhibee
12-08-2019, 04:00 PM
Will it actually make you feel better?

HoboHarry
12-08-2019, 04:02 PM

Seriously, how old are you?

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 04:02 PM
NO they don't but is 6-1 an every week result?

Get real, I never said an apology expected for every defeat.

So where do you draw the line then? 3 nil, 2 nil. Think you need to get real and come into the real world

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Well Lenny did hide a few times and get Parker to take the media. I think that was his was of being sorry.

Or his way of taking the huff!!

Brightside
12-08-2019, 04:04 PM

Andy Murray let me down loads of times, and dont even get me started on the jockey Graham Lee. Still i await an apology

CMurdoch
12-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Young Mackie is the only player that owes an apology.
He owes it more to his team mates than us as his stupidity left them to eventually look like total incompetents.

Allant1981
Andy Murray let me down loads of times, and dont even get me started on the jockey Graham Lee. Still i await an apology

Andy murray is on Twitter,get the hashtag started for an apology

Northernhibee
The National Lottery haven't apologised for all my losing tickets :grr:

we are hibs
12-08-2019, 04:07 PM
The usual suspects all over this thread like a rash :rolleyes:

Hibrandenburg
12-08-2019, 04:07 PM

Maybe you need to get your dad/mum/uncle or whoever it was that Hibbyized you to apologise for inflicting a lifetime of misery and disappointment on you. Either that or take it on the chin for what it is, a game of football.

Sir David Gray
12-08-2019, 04:08 PM
I think some of the replies to Hibeerealist are harsh. I haven't seen the post-match interviews, but an apology would have been appropriate in the circumstances. I've seen other managers do so after a disastrous performance. Those in the Hibs section yesterday at least deserve a thank-you for sticking by the team during a debacle.

Agreed. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that someone within the club puts out a short statement which acknowledges how bad a defeat we got yesterday.

It's too late for that to happen though as the time for that was last night but I don't think the opening post was out of place.

Since452
12-08-2019, 04:09 PM

Exactly

Unseen work
12-08-2019, 04:10 PM
An apology? :faf::faf:

madhatter
12-08-2019, 04:13 PM

Who are they?

flash
12-08-2019, 04:13 PM
Quite amused at the thought that the manager should apologise to all the folk who want him to lose his job.

Northernhibee
12-08-2019, 04:17 PM
Quite amused at the thought that the manager should apologise to all the folk who want him to lose his job.

The best thing he can do is to deliver a GIRUY to his doubters by going on a winning run.

DarlingtonHibee
12-08-2019, 04:20 PM

How long have you been watching hibs?

chrisski33
12-08-2019, 04:21 PM

snowflake!

madhatter
12-08-2019, 04:23 PM
The best thing he can do is to deliver a GIRUY to his doubters by going on a winning run.

Has he had a winning run that included a team in the top six?

easty
12-08-2019, 04:24 PM

I’d expect the manager to be going door to door to all season ticket holders to apologise.

DarlingtonHibee
12-08-2019, 04:25 PM
I’d expect the manager to be going door to door to all season ticket holders to apologise.

That made me laugh 😂

leithsansiro
12-08-2019, 04:26 PM

If you had a bad day at work, would you go and apologise to your customers or clients?

TheHarpy76
12-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Good grief

😂🤣

The 90+2
Or his way of taking the huff!!

Was being sarcastic 😁 Lenny wasn’t or isn’t sorry for anything, it’s all someone else fault.

Allant1981
Was being sarcastic 😁

You can never tell on here now!

The 90+2
12-08-2019, 04:28 PM
You can never tell on here now!

True.

Pretty Boy
Remember the apology after relegation?

That was, quite rightly, torn to shreds on here and elsewhere. The same would happen again. Empty words and platitudes will achieve nothing.

flash

Don't you know the answer to that or was it rhetorical?

Not So Young
12-08-2019, 04:42 PM

Yes it is

KDY Hibs
12-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Really?

H18 SFR
12-08-2019, 04:51 PM
Still waiting on an apology from Stubbs for not getting us promoted.

WhileTheChief..
12-08-2019, 04:53 PM
Who are they?

Ha, I was wondering the same thing!!

That line crops up now and again for different reasons. I never know if it’s referring to happy clappers or doom and gloomers!

Hibby John
12-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Is it really that difficult to apologise to the support on behalf of himself and the players for the poor performance and to promise to try harder in the future?

I'm sure he would have been happy to accept the praise heaped upon him by supporters if the team had beaten Rangers 6:1.

Fergos
12-08-2019, 04:55 PM

Aye but what about all of us who watched on telly? I did, and took the day off work thinking Heck and Stocky would be round for a cuppa and apology, still nae sign of them, lightweights.

GGTTH

Keith_M
12-08-2019, 04:56 PM
I don't want an apology but it would help if the Manager made a statement that the display was unnaceptable and that he was determined to do everything in his power to ensure it never happens again.

I don't expect a Lennon style meltdown but a bit of emotion would help.

The 90+2
12-08-2019, 04:59 PM

Should he have said sorry before or after winning us the Scottish cup? 😂😂😂

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 04:59 PM
I don't want an apology but it would help if the Manager made a statement that the display was unnaceptable and that he was determined to do everything in his power to ensure it never happens again.

I don't expect a Lennon style meltdown but a bit of emotion would help.

Surely though he is best keeping these things in house and improving the team for next week, if he comes out and says we will try harder and then god forbid Morton beat us next week then his statement will be rammed down his throat

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Is it really that difficult to apologise to the support on behalf of himself and the players for the poor performance and to promise to try harder in the future?

I'm sure he would have been happy to accept the praise heaped upon him by supporters if the team had beaten Rangers 6:1.

But would he have issued a statement about it?

Pretty Boy
12-08-2019, 05:01 PM
Should he have said sorry before or after winning us the Scottish cup? 😂😂😂

As far as apologies go winning the Scottish Cup was a good one.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 05:02 PM
As far as apologies go winning the Scottish Cup was a good one.

:agree: he should’ve been apologising after Halliday scored. We can’t be expected to pay to watch that.

Franck Stanton
12-08-2019, 05:03 PM

Excuse my stupidity, but the term "Duncans" just what does that mean?
I have seen a few posts using it when taking about the hearts but why?

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 05:05 PM
Excuse my stupidity, but the term "Duncans" just what does that mean?
I have seen a few posts using it when taking about the hearts but why?

Was a sketch with some comedian and Judy murray

Sudds_1
12-08-2019, 05:05 PM

Well.....it would in so much as he recognised how badly we were let down...but still cheered them on to the very end. In THAT place of all places.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2019, 05:11 PM
Well.....it would in so much as he recognised how badly we were let down...but still cheered them on to the very end. In THAT place of all places.

I didn't cheer to the very end. I left just after the 5th goal.

No apology for me.

Sammy7nil
12-08-2019, 05:17 PM

Are you one of them :confused:

If you had a bad day at work, would you go and apologise to your customers or clients?

Yes you might especially if you are in catering, hospitality or hotel trade.

Green-Hibee-7
12-08-2019, 05:19 PM
In fairness to the OP who seems to be taking pelters, I think he’s got a point within reason.

I’m not asking for a full statement on the official website or whatever but either player or management if they have done any interviews could have at least acknowledged they let the fans down.

£32 in the pishing rain and shafted 6-1 by the most odious team in the league. A little nod saying we’ve let you down, may at least for some fans make them feel a little better.

04Sauzee
12-08-2019, 05:20 PM
Rather he was working on the training ground. Making the players watch it back, have a full and Frank discussion. He can maybe say something in his Thursday press conference but for now it's time for hardwork

DarlingtonHibee
12-08-2019, 05:23 PM

What a load of rubbish

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2019, 05:33 PM

Yes it is unreasonable.

Onion
12-08-2019, 05:35 PM

Not sure that's the OP point. Some form of recognition that yesterday was simply not good enough at least demonstrates that PH, the club and the players know what's acceptable and what is not. As things stand, maybe PH thinks that's about where we should be as a team - miles behind the OF - and that it's how we perform against lesser teams that really matters - who knows ? Am pretty sure had Aberdeen or Hearts gone down 6-1 going on 10 they would have had something to say about that.

Whether you liked him or not, Lennon set standards at Hibs - standards that were higher than most that went before him and it was refreshing. OK, he failed to live up to them at times, but you could never see one of his teams capitulate the way PH's Hibs did.

hibeerealist
12-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Are you new to football and sport in general? Sometimes you can get beat and it doesn’t mean that it was deliberate.

FFS when did i say it was deliberate, it was shocking and warranted an acknowledgement, that they had let the club and the fans down, at least.

Lets see how many SPL teams get humped 6-1 there this season eh, the way you seem to look at it this will be a fortnightly score.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 05:41 PM
FFS when did i say it was deliberate, it was shocking and warranted an acknowledgement, that they had let the club and the fans down, at least.

Lets see how many SPL teams get humped 6-1 there this season eh, the way you seem to look at it this will be a fortnightly score.

I think it’s obvious and doesn’t need mentioned - as someone said folk would rip the “apology” to bits anyway.

Pumpings are weekly at the moment. 7-0, 5-2 and 6-1 in 2 weeks of football. :dunno:

bingo70
12-08-2019, 05:42 PM
I don’t think what the OP has asked for is that ridiculous.

You see all the time managers apologising to the fans for poor performances, in some extreme cases I’ve heard of clubs refunding travel costs as a way of apologising to the fans, I’m not saying that should happen here but I don’t think the OP has deserved the ridiculing he’s had on this thread.

Since452
12-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Not sure that's the OP point. Some form of recognition that yesterday was simply not good enough at least demonstrates that PH, the club and the players know what's acceptable and what is not. As things stand, maybe PH thinks that's about where we should be as a team - miles behind the OF - and that it's how we perform against lesser teams that really matters - who knows ? Am pretty sure had Aberdeen or Hearts gone down 6-1 going on 10 they would have had something to say about that.

Whether you liked him or not, Lennon set standards at Hibs - standards that were higher than most that went before him and it was refreshing. OK, he failed to live up to them at times, but you could never see one of his teams capitulate the way PH's Hibs did.

Saw Lennons teams capitulate at Aberdeen and Kilmarnock when we were all praying for the floodlights to fail. Both were more embarrassing than being pumped by a team who just shelled out 3.5 million on one player.

hibeerealist
12-08-2019, 05:44 PM
In fairness to the OP who seems to be taking pelters, I think he’s got a point within reason.

I’m not asking for a full statement on the official website or whatever but either player or management if they have done any interviews could have at least acknowledged they let the fans down.

£32 in the pishing rain and shafted 6-1 by the most odious team in the league. A little nod saying we’ve let you down, may at least for some fans make them feel a little better.

Yes GH, something such as that might have reassured many of us that this is not what you should expect from a team in emerald green and we will fight to ensure there is no repeat.

Not expecting a fully fledged, Sevco like statement.

Blaster
12-08-2019, 05:45 PM

Yes. Sure St Johnstone were top 6 when we beat them. Could be wrong though

hibeerealist
12-08-2019, 05:48 PM
Yes it is unreasonable.

Ye, might be interesting if Man City hand out a 6-1 to your beloved Liverpool and we will see what the reaction is then. Oh and I think if it does happen Klopp or a player or a club official would apologise before they were on the bus back!!!

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Ye, might be interesting if Man City hand out a 6-1 to your beloved Liverpool and we will see what the reaction is then. Oh and I think if it does happen Klopp or a player or a club official would apologise before they were on the bus back!!!

“It’s not apologies we need, it’s actions on the pitch. Who does Heckingbottom think he is patronising us with apologies - he should be out on the training pitch sorting it out not wasting time making empty statements.”

Keep that aside for when the apology comes.

I_Love_Latapy
12-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Rather he was working on the training ground. Making the players watch it back, have a full and Frank discussion. He can maybe say something in his Thursday press conference but for now it's time for hardwork

Agree that a brief mention at Thursday presser is all that is needed. PH seems like a decent bloke - as a Yorkshireman his pride will be dented and hurting but he will not be big on histrionics. Acknowledge, learn, move on, graft for next game.

Sudds_1
12-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Agree that a brief mention at Thursday presser is all that is needed. PH seems like a decent bloke - as a Yorkshireman his pride will be dented and hurting but he will not be big on histrionics. Acknowledge, learn, move on, graft for next game.

Empathy with the fans? Rather than stiff lipped yorkshire pride? Or am i being harsh?

DarlingtonHibee
12-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Why don't you draft the apology and pH can read it out before the match, ffs

Cataplana
12-08-2019, 06:02 PM

Last year Lennon called out the players in public. It didn't end well.

It's possible that the manager wants to protect his players at the moment. No doubt they know how bad the result was, and they don't need reminding.

Hibrandenburg
12-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Last year Lennon called out the players in public. It didn't end well.

It's possible that the manager wants to protect his players at the moment. No doubt they know how bad the result was, and they don't need reminding.

:agree: Anyone with a smidgen of knowledge about man management will know that that's exactly what he should be doing.

Ringothedog
12-08-2019, 06:35 PM

He did in his final game

Borderhibbie76
12-08-2019, 06:56 PM
I think some of the replies to Hibeerealist are harsh. I haven't seen the post-match interviews, but an apology would have been appropriate in the circumstances. I've seen other managers do so after a disastrous performance. Those in the Hibs section yesterday at least deserve a thank-you for sticking by the team during a debacle.I agree some sort of apology to the 900 travelling fans in his press conf post match would have sufficed. 6 1 is a pasting...and just not acceptable under any circumstances...a wee acknowledging of this wouldn't have gone amiss imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
12-08-2019, 07:17 PM
I also must mention it's ridiculous Hibs official twitter tweeting today trying to flog tickets to fans for the Morton match on Sat...and its rightly getting told so in no uncertain terms by the fans. Just feels a bit crass after a defeat like that yesterday...at least give us all 24 hours to recover and calm down a bit...

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 07:25 PM
I also must mention it's ridiculous Hibs official twitter tweeting today trying to flog tickets to fans for the Morton match on Sat...and its rightly getting told so in no uncertain terms by the fans. Just feels a bit crass after a defeat like that yesterday...at least give us all 24 hours to recover and calm down a bit...

Should’ve cancelled the game. Or made it closed doors.

The Spaceman
12-08-2019, 07:35 PM
I was at the game yesterday and feel no need for an apology.

Why? I hear you ask.

Because I’m not a complete and utter child.

Stuart93
12-08-2019, 07:36 PM

Agreed completely, fair enough having to get tickets shifted but ffs tweets like that a day after being humiliated looks like our support is getting taken for granted, again

Weegreenman
12-08-2019, 07:45 PM
:faf:

I don't want a daft apology, they didn't take the last beer from my fridge.

Win on Saturday, win the next Saturday, win the next Saturday. That will suffice.

This :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
12-08-2019, 07:47 PM
He owes it more to his team mates than us as his stupidity left them to eventually look like total incompetents.

Tosh, he was naive, but we were already being overrun when he was on pitch, his lack of help from teammates may have been fuel to pour on his frustration

Baldy Foghorn
12-08-2019, 07:48 PM
I didn't cheer to the very end. I left just after the 5th goal.

No apology for me.

I stayed until the end so I could shout at them:greengrin

madhatter
12-08-2019, 08:05 PM

Why? I hear you ask.

Said from your lofty perch in a high chair?

Not meaning any offence. Couldn't miss the opportunity. Seriously though, you think in modern football, even in Scotland, that asking a football club, it's well paid players, it's well paid manager, someone for an apology is childish? I'd expected Hecky to have used the word "unacceptable" in his interview and reiterated that things will be tough for the players this week.

If a football player can be paid 400,000 per week for kicking a ball around some park, I expect an apology, should he have an absolutely rotten game, to be a given. Rangers could've easily won 14-1. Or are we happy for footballers to get paid extremely well, have decent number of Instagram followers, and play rotten and trot off with zero consequence. Could a club sue a football player because they assumed he wasnt fulfilling his contractual duties? Difficult verging on impossible nowadays.

Due to the money in football I honestly think some players dont care about winning, or even playing football. I think some people still think players that play now are like those in the past. Look at Rangers goals, Mallan has no drive in at least 2 of them. Clearly stops running with his marker. Should fans be annoyed at that, yes. Basics weren't done.

I'm done talking from my pram now, where's my rattle...

DarlingtonHibee
12-08-2019, 08:12 PM

Why? I hear you ask.

Careful, that is sensible.

Cataplana
12-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Said from your lofty perch in a high chair?

Not meaning any offence. Couldn't miss the opportunity. Seriously though, you think in modern football, even in Scotland, that asking a football club, it's well paid players, it's well paid manager, someone for an apology is childish? I'd expected Hecky to have used the word "unacceptable" in his interview and reiterated that things will be tough for the players this week.

If a football player can be paid 400,000 per week for kicking a ball around some park, I expect an apology, should he have an absolutely rotten game, to be a given. Rangers could've easily won 14-1. Or are we happy for footballers to get paid extremely well, have decent number of Instagram followers, and play rotten and trot off with zero consequence. Could a club sue a football player because they assumed he wasnt fulfilling his contractual duties? Difficult verging on impossible nowadays.

Due to the money in football I honestly think some players dont care about winning, or even playing football. I think some people still think players that play now are like those in the past. Look at Rangers goals, Mallan has no drive in at least 2 of them. Clearly stops running with his marker. Should fans be annoyed at that, yes. Basics weren't done.

I'm done talking from my pram now, where's my rattle...

I'm not sure what constitutes childishness, but it is usually seen as a sign of maturity to show some patience and trust in other people, particularly when they have a lot more information about a situation than us.

Borderhibbie76
12-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Agreed completely, fair enough having to get tickets shifted but ffs tweets like that a day after being humiliated looks like our support is getting taken for granted, againYup that's exactly what it feels like mate...bit thoughtless and surely could have waited 24 hours to let the dust settle a bit

madhatter
12-08-2019, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure what constitutes childishness, but it is usually seen as a sign of maturity to show some patience and trust in other people, particularly when they have a lot more information about a situation than us.

Patience and trust in footballers? Is that the tax avoiding millionaires or just the other ones? Football is a spectacular industry to be in, asking fans, the day after a thrashing, for £18. Yet fans use words like childish, patience and trust to show fellow fans are being a bit silly. Worlds gone a bit crazy.

Club didn't show patience in getting their £18. Club haven't been building trust as of late as the communication beyond "Spot the Difference" has been appalling. We've just seen our owner leave after almost 30 years and we've heard absolutely nothing of substance. All the while our head coach talks about high press and recruits snails with zero bite. Trust is earned, not given. Patience is directly connected to trust, the more trust the longer people will wait.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 08:49 PM
Curious to find out which players are millionaires and earning 400k per week. It’s no wonder we’re advertising tickets for Saturday.

BoomtownHibees
12-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Yup that's exactly what it feels like mate...bit thoughtless and surely could have waited 24 hours to let the dust settle a bit

Tbf season ticket holders only had until 12 today to secure their own seat so some sort of announcement was always going to be made

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Tbf season ticket holders only had until 12 today to secure their own seat so some sort of announcement was always going to be made

They should’ve done it tomorrow - that would’ve given a reason for folk to complain about it being after the deadline.

BoomtownHibees
12-08-2019, 08:51 PM
They should’ve done it tomorrow - that would’ve given a reason for folk to complain about it being after the deadline.

😂

One Day Soon
12-08-2019, 09:01 PM
A thread about Heckingbottom after an appalling 6-1 capitulation and yet still some posters are more interested in having a go at Lennon months after he left. Not at all obsessed though.

I'm not interested in an apology, I'm interested in signs we are working to a plan to become a top four club. At the moment I see literally no signs of any progression toward that. The opposite in fact. We're trying to tread water with the signings we've made and instead we're going backwards.

I'll be absolutely delighted to eat lots of humble pie if it changes round.

madhatter
12-08-2019, 09:02 PM
Curious to find out which players are millionaires and earning 400k per week. It’s no wonder we’re advertising tickets for Saturday.

Did I say Hibs players? Hibs players will likely get paid more than doctors so whilst a nice joke to mock my example, the problem remains. As I said, great industry to be in, imagine these discussions on Real Madrid forums about Bale. Wonder if they'll have fans saying we need to trust in him and have patience? Might start having off days at work and say "I'm having a poor run of form". Football due to its history, and the tribal nature of it, is a great place to hide and make a lot of money.

On a side note, club will do well to get 8k at the match next week. The tweet today will have put people off that were 50/50.

KDY Hibs
12-08-2019, 09:11 PM
Maybe you need to get your dad/mum/uncle or whoever it was that Hibbyized you to apologise for inflicting a lifetime of misery and disappointment on you. Either that or take it on the chin for what it is, a game of football.

This, 100%

hibeerealist
12-08-2019, 09:13 PM
:agree: Anyone with a smidgen of knowledge about man management will know that that's exactly what he should be doing.

But they are likely to fall apart/take umbrage if their manager apologised to the travelling fans?? So everyone keep stum and this is "good man management", I would disagree with you on that one.

Yet one joker on here referred to me as a snowflake.

BoyledEgg
12-08-2019, 09:16 PM

Correct. Cost us the game. It put Whittaker, who was already having a nightmare, out of position and we had to bring on Gray whose not played a minute of football in god knows how long.

monktonharp
12-08-2019, 11:38 PM
Maybe you need to get your dad/mum/uncle or whoever it was that Hibbyized you to apologise for inflicting a lifetime of misery and disappointment on you. Either that or take it on the chin for what it is, a game of football.:spider: if you are a Hibby and on here, it's much more serious than just a game of football:tsk especially getting pumped wi that Govan mob by so much

Cataplana
12-08-2019, 11:54 PM
Patience and trust in footballers? Is that the tax avoiding millionaires or just the other ones? Football is a spectacular industry to be in, asking fans, the day after a thrashing, for £18. Yet fans use words like childish, patience and trust to show fellow fans are being a bit silly. Worlds gone a bit crazy.

Club didn't show patience in getting their £18. Club haven't been building trust as of late as the communication beyond "Spot the Difference" has been appalling. We've just seen our owner leave after almost 30 years and we've heard absolutely nothing of substance. All the while our head coach talks about high press and recruits snails with zero bite. Trust is earned, not given. Patience is directly connected to trust, the more trust the longer people will wait.

I think we have different perspectives on the matter.

Cataplana
13-08-2019, 12:01 AM
But they are likely to fall apart/take umbrage if their manager apologised to the travelling fans?? So everyone keep stum and this is "good man management", I would disagree with you on that one.

Yet one joker on here referred to me as a snowflake.

Very few people are agreeing with your position. It doesn't mean you are wrong, but it certainly increases the probability.

I can't think of many workplaces where blaming employees for the customers unhappiness would have a positive outcome.

It's human nature to feel hard done to when you are criticised. Look at the way you have reacted to the snowflake tag.

Many people might think you are being oversensitive about this whole apology thing, but it hasn't changed your point of view.

In fact, the more you have been criticized, the deeper you have dug in. I think the players are just as likely to react the same way.

Swedish hibee
13-08-2019, 02:27 AM
That would help.

Still feel an apology for yesterday is due!

You do not act like your user name suggests.. It seems that you indeed need to get in the real world cos THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2019, 04:48 AM
All 901 Hibs fans at the game should have their ticket and travel money refunded as an apology :agree:

PeeJay
13-08-2019, 04:55 AM
Here in Germany, players, coaches and club owners often apologise to the fans when a team performs bad enough to warrant it ... I don't think an apology in the given context is as unreasonable as some on here seem to think it is ...

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2019, 06:00 AM

And I would still think the same, you asked if it was reasonable, I don’t think it would be for whatever team. You state “your beloved Liverpool” as if Hibs don’t really matter to me! They matter, believe me you don’t follow a team and attend games for nearly thirty years without becoming emotionally attached to them.

BILLYHIBS
13-08-2019, 06:03 AM
No holding ma breath!

A bit like f##king up at work you keep your head doon until the next opportunity to put it right

Heres hoping for a good result on Saturday

flash
13-08-2019, 06:19 AM
All 901 Hibs fans at the game should have their ticket and travel money refunded as an apology :agree:

Aye so they should.

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2019, 06:28 AM

The club should make sure they don’t have to endure that again and take them off the list for the next game at Ibrox. Let some other poor souls take the tickets.

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2019, 06:41 AM
Did I say Hibs players? Hibs players will likely get paid more than doctors so whilst a nice joke to mock my example, the problem remains. As I said, great industry to be in, imagine these discussions on Real Madrid forums about Bale. Wonder if they'll have fans saying we need to trust in him and have patience? Might start having off days at work and say "I'm having a poor run of form". Football due to its history, and the tribal nature of it, is a great place to hide and make a lot of money.

On a side note, club will do well to get 8k at the match next week. The tweet today will have put people off that were 50/50.

Choosing to have an off day is a different thing but crack on - although if you have a decent manager I would’ve thought that he/she wouldn’t crucify you on your 2nd day. In fact I think they’d be supportive and try and encourage you. To be honest if they called you out in front of your customers I’d suggest you leave - even if you did choose to be bad at your job.

lyonhibs
13-08-2019, 06:45 AM
So, in summary, most folk aren't interested in a mealy mouthed apology and would rather Heckingbottom and the team knuckled down and made sure such a timid, insipid performance is never repeated, as that would be the most useful and beneficial form of an apology?

Good, because I agree. Learn the lessons, boot a few ***** in training if necessary and move on.

The Leith Dutch
13-08-2019, 06:51 AM

Why? So someone else can come on to complain about them not doing their talking on the park?

We're fans of a football team.
The team will lose.
Occasionally badly.

They'll also sell players we like
(Sometimes for less money than we think that player is worth).

They'll buy players we don't like and sometimes we've never heard of. That'll work out good or bad.

We have a forum to discuss this (or more recently it seems to berate each other) but we have no special rights to the details.

Sometimes it'll get so bad we gather round the club to protest. Other times it'll get so good we cover the pitch at Hampden and half the streets in Leith.

The club owes us nothing. The club just is.
And good, bad or thoroughly indifferent, it's our club.

Sudds_1
13-08-2019, 07:26 AM

So....they're keeping their skillsets to themselves and not showing us how good they really are? Ok...that explains it. No apology necessary.🙄

Since452
13-08-2019, 07:31 AM
Like others have said if we'd had an appology for every time Hibs have dissapointed us over the years..... I'm not wanting an appology. I want them go out and do their talking on the park. If we beat Morton and St Johnstone that'll be enough for me.

SquashedFrogg
13-08-2019, 07:39 AM
So....they're keeping their skillsets to themselves and not showing us how good they really are? Ok...that explains it. No apology necessary.🙄

Seriously though, would an apology make people feel better? All warm and fuzzy inside?

If we had received an apology I'm certain the same people would complain about how shocking it was that our manager apologised.

One Day
13-08-2019, 07:47 AM
Like others have said if we'd had an appology for every time Hibs have dissapointed us over the years..... I'm not wanting an appology. I want them go out and do their talking on the park. If we beat Morton and St Johnstone that'll be enough for me.

Exactly this. You cant expect an apology after every bad result, they happen, Its how you move on and improve that counts. The 7-0 hammering at Ibrox was the end of the world, until the next game when we beat Hearts

bingo70
13-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Seriously though, would an apology make people feel better? All warm and fuzzy inside?

If we had received an apology I'm certain the same people would complain about how shocking it was that our manager apologised.

I’m not sure it’s an apology people want, despite the wording of the OP, I think it’s a bit recognition from the players, manager or club that it wasn’t acceptable to lose like that.

I think a statement apologising would be way OTT but a mention of the supporters who had spent a lot of money to support them shouldn’t have been out the question imo. The players can also be quick to jump on social media to take the praise when they do something well so should it not be the same in reverse, again I’m not asking for a big statement apologising but I’m not aware of one player going onto Social Media to even offer a general cliche about working hard to put it right.

Obviously there’s no obligation to do so however I personally feel that the players connecting with the fans the way the likes of SJM, Bartley, Boyle and others have done in recent years has gone a long way to providing a connection between the players and the fans after a period that connection wasn’t there.

Ultimately the most important thing to turn things around is to get back out there and win games, that doesn’t mean it’s not a good idea for players and managers to have a good relationship with the fans off the park though.

hibsbollah
13-08-2019, 07:49 AM
I know it's the 'done thing' to join in on a mass pagger of the OP in these situations, and make fun, but it's a fair question.

Sarri apologised to Chelsea fans after getting pumped by Man City, Solskjaer apologised to supporters after losing 4-0 to Everton, Steve Clarke apologised to Kilmarnock fans for doing a Craig Levein and failing to win a trophy during his time there. Managers at all levels of the game regularly apologise to the supporters for poor results and poor performances. In the face of what we all agree was an unacceptable performance against possibly our most hated rival these days, it wouldn't have surprised me at all if the Heckbot had apologised.

IWasThere2016
13-08-2019, 07:51 AM
All clubs outside the OF will have a howler performance/result - at least one - they key is containing it to one.

I did expect an apology in the post-match interview from Hecky but I am not angry/disappointed it didn't come.

Like - others say - it is the reaction to it that matters most..

Diclonius
13-08-2019, 07:56 AM
The best apology is winning the next five games. I don't care about an apology.

13-08-2019, 07:59 AM
I don't want an apology, I want a reaction.

andybev1
13-08-2019, 08:07 AM
You cannot get an apology when he thinks he did everything right - like putting on a striker when we are down a man https://twitter.com/PLZSoccer/status/1160628604289585158

JimBHibees
13-08-2019, 08:10 AM

Spot on

The 90+2
13-08-2019, 08:12 AM

Not necessarily. We should be winning they games regardless.

It depends on how we win and the reaction of not only the players but the management in terms of how we go about winning games. A turgid 1-0 against Morton isn’t going to change much and they will rightly fancy their chances.

bingo70
13-08-2019, 08:27 AM

Are they mutually exclusive?

Can there not be an acknowledgement from someone at the club that wasn’t acceptable on Sunday and for there to be a reaction?

Since452
13-08-2019, 08:41 AM
The players will be hurting and angry. Their pride will have been severely hurt. Losing 6-1 infront of 50k wouldn't have been nice and if any players were needing a wake up call that was it. I expect to see a massive reaction and hopefully the fans get behind them. Don't hold out much hope for that though. Don't really want any "Daily Darren" pish on Instagram this week i just want the heads down and a very convincing performance on Saturday.

Kojock
13-08-2019, 09:01 AM

And the money I spent on alcohol as well. Lol

Kojock
13-08-2019, 09:11 AM
I'm sure every single person associated with the club is well aware that the performance was unacceptable and will be doing everything possible to rectify it in the future starting with the Morton game.

As an aside a few years back I bought tickets for the Playhouse to watch Harry Hill and he was absolutely dire. Didn't get an apology or a refund.

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 09:12 AM

I said the same on another thread. I think it would be a great gesture which would boost morale for the season ahead and remind the manager and players that it had better not happen again. The performance was exceptional in its abject nature, so an exceptional response would be welcome. Good PR from the club and a genuine apology. Of course it won't happen, but it's a good idea.

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 09:14 AM
I'm sure every single person associated with the club is well aware that the performance was unacceptable and will be doing everything possible to rectify it in the future starting with the Morton game.

As an aside a few years back I bought tickets for the Playhouse to watch Harry Hill and he was absolutely dire. Didn't get an apology or a refund.

But when you go to see Harry Hill, you know it's going to be terrible before the performance; that's the difference :greengrin

lyonhibs
13-08-2019, 09:16 AM

You'd have known that in advance though surely? About as funny as a bout of the clap that man IMO :greengrin

Edit: drat, beaten to the punch by Hibernia&Alba

Mantis Toboggan
13-08-2019, 09:22 AM
I said the same on another thread. I think it would be a great gesture which would boost morale for the season ahead and remind the manager and players that it had better not happen again. The performance was exceptional in its abject nature, so an exceptional response would be welcome. Good PR from the club and a genuine apology. Of course it won't happen, but it's a good idea.

It's a ridiculous idea. Winning games will boost morale.

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 09:34 AM
In fact, instead of the club refunding the ticket price, why not deduct it from the wages of the players and mangement staff? Make them take responsibility; consider it a club fine for so badly letting down those who travelled. A kick up the erse early in the season, along with a warning that the privileged lifestyle of a professional footballer also comes with responsibilities.

Again, it would never happen, but it should!

Since90+2
13-08-2019, 09:40 AM
In fact, instead of the club refunding the ticket price, why not deduct it from the wages of the players and mangement staff? Make them take responsibility; consider it a club fine for so badly letting down those who travelled. A kick up the erse early in the season, along with a warning that the privileged lifestyle of a professional footballer also comes with responsibilities.

No it shouldn't. Where do you draw the line? If losing by 5 goals with 10 men at Ibrox results in a fine , what about a 3-0 loss at Motherwell? A 4-0 drubbing at Pittodrie?

And who decides when the fine is applied? Apart from the impact on morale it's probably illegal in employment law.

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2019, 09:57 AM
No it shouldn't. Where do you draw the line? If losing by 5 goals with 10 men at Ibrox results in a fine , what about a 3-0 loss at Motherwell? A 4-0 drubbing at Pittodrie?

And who decides when the fine is applied? Apart from the impact on morale it's probably illegal in employment law.

Maybe we need to instill a culture of fear - one where the players are scared they can’t pay the bills if they lose another goal.

Works in other industries - doesn’t it?

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 10:03 AM

It's a matter of judgement, there is no arbitrary scoreline whereby a refund kicks in. It's more about the performance than the score: 34 shots against, 19 on target, 6 goals (going on 12) conceded. It's exceptional in its disgrace. If that was Albion Rovers in a cup game at Ibrox, fair enough, but not for a league game for a club of our stature.

Football fans make sacrifices to support their team in away games, in addition to their season ticket. A little bit back in such circumstances from the very well paid players who so badly let them down, would be a noble move. However, there isn't the magnanimity in the professional footballer for such things. I don't think for a moment it would happen, but I think it would be the right move on this occasion. There has been examples of clubs refunding fans.

FilipinoHibs
13-08-2019, 10:03 AM

***** an apologyI am still hurting likes it is 2012.

Since90+2
13-08-2019, 10:22 AM
It's a matter of judgement, there is no arbitrary scoreline whereby a refund kicks in. It's more about the performance than the score: 34 shots against, 19 on target, 6 goals (going on 12) conceded. It's exceptional in its disgrace. If that was Albion Rovers in a cup game at Ibrox, fair enough, but not for a league game for a club of our stature.

Football fans make sacrifices to support their team in away games, in addition to their season ticket. A little bit back in such circumstances from the very well paid players who so badly let them down, would be a noble move. However, there isn't the magnanimity in the professional footballer for such things. I don't think for a moment it would happen, but I think it would be the right move on this occasion. There has been examples of clubs refunding fans.

So in this imaginary scenario who decides on when the fine is applied?

The 90+2
13-08-2019, 10:24 AM

Probably the senior players. (Not that I agree)

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 10:27 AM

The board? It would be nice if the playing and management staff volunteered to do it, in the circumstances! I know, I know, it's totally naïve to think such people exist. But you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one....:greengrin

easty
13-08-2019, 10:32 AM

It wouldn't boost any morale. At all. It wouldn't change anything except boost the bank balance of 900 people. The same folk who are greeting their eyes out about the game would continue to do so.

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 10:39 AM
It wouldn't boost any morale. At all. It wouldn't change anything except boost the bank balance of 900 people. The same folk who are greeting their eyes out about the game would continue to do so.

I think it could, by keeping players focused and reminding them that pride in the shirt matters; that a football club is a family and fans spend a lot of time and money supporting their club. As a one off gesture in singularly abysmal circumstances, it would be appreciated. However, it won't happen; I just think it would be a nice thing to do.

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2019, 10:41 AM

You ever volunteered to lose your wages after a rough day at work?

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 10:52 AM
You ever volunteered to lose your wages after a rough day at work?

No, but if I made mugs out of 900 people who help pay my wages and who make sacrifices to support me, I would. In other words, if I was one of the players or management team, I'd like to think that in the circumstances of Sunday I would suggest something. Just a thought, but it's immaterial, as it won't happen.

I wasn't at Ibrox, so it isn't through self-interest I say this. I just think it would be good on this occasion.

FilipinoHibs
13-08-2019, 11:13 AM
No, but if I made mugs out of 900 people who help pay my wages and who make sacrifices to support me, I would. In other words, if I was one of the players or management team, I'd like to think that in the circumstances of Sunday I would suggest something. Just a thought, but it's immaterial, as it won't happen.

I wasn't at Ibrox, so it isn't through self-interest I say this. I just think it would be good on this occasion.

Footballers loyalty ranking:

1 Themselves
2 Teammates
3 Manager

Barman Stanton
13-08-2019, 11:14 AM

They didnt make mugs out of you. We simply got hammered by a team with a much bigger budget. Man City beat Man Utd by the same scoreline a few years ago. It happens. It was a crap result the fallout on here is way over the top. A bit of perspective needed I think.

scoopyboy
13-08-2019, 11:23 AM
If it was anything to do with me I wouldn't start as a club apologising to the fans after a defeat.

Where would it end, apologising every time you lost, if you drew against a poor team?

Nah, for me it is a chance you take in sport following a team.

Would Hibs apologising make us feel high as a kite? Again not for me, they never set out to be hammered and sometimes you just have to admit you were shafted by a much better team.

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2019, 11:24 AM

No one was made mugs of, though. They paid to see a match, they saw a match. They didn't pay for a good performance or a Hibs win.

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 11:26 AM

1 Themselves
2 Teammates
3 Manager

I think you're right, but where would any club be without its supporters? A bit of solidarity is sometimes appropriate.

Anyway it's just a thought.

FilipinoHibs
13-08-2019, 11:27 AM
No one was made mugs of, though. They paid to see a match, they saw a match. They didn't pay for a good performance or a Hibs win.

Widely thought we would get pumped from recent performance s and some of the quality of the new signings.

tamig
13-08-2019, 11:27 AM
If it was anything to do with me I wouldn't start as a club apologising to the fans after a defeat.

Where would it end, apologising every time you lost, if you drew against a poor team?

Would Hibs apologising make us feel high as a kite? Again not for me, they never set out to be hammered and sometimes you just have to admit you were shafted by a much better team.
Its a pathetic idea all round. Ridiculous.

Kojock
13-08-2019, 11:33 AM
So if we get a refund and the players get fined when we have a nightmare result then we should pay double the money when we have a great result.

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 11:36 AM
So if we get a refund and the players get fined when we have a nightmare result then we should pay double the money when we have a great result.

Don't they already have win bonuses and other bonuses?

hibee-boys
13-08-2019, 11:41 AM
This place must be full of yams or some very sensitive hibs fans. I suggest these people consider taking up a pastime in which they are less offended.

Do you seriously think the management team, and players, are anything but sorry over that result/performance. Do they need to come out with an apology after each bad defeat/performance? What qualifies.... a draw away to St Mirren...defeat at home to St Johnstone?

I'd rather they concentrate on focusing that evergy onto the football pitch and repay us in future performances.

Barman Stanton
13-08-2019, 11:44 AM
This place must be full of yams or some very sensitive hibs fans. I suggest these people consider taking up a pastime in which they are less offended.

Do you seriously think the management team, and players, are anything but sorry over that result/performance. Do they need to come out with an apology after each bad defeat/performance? What qualifies.... a draw away to St Mirren...defeat at home to St Johnstone?

I'd rather they concentrate on focusing that evergy onto the football pitch and repay us in future performances.

Agree. None of us enjoyed that, but the amount of toys out the pram is unreal. Sometimes things just dont go your way in life :dunno:

Nakedmanoncrack
13-08-2019, 11:58 AM
They didnt make mugs out of you. We simply got hammered by a team with a much bigger budget. Man City beat Man Utd by the same scoreline a few years ago. It happens. It was a crap result the fallout on here is way over the top. A bit of perspective needed I think.

Man Utd were at home as well - they still won the league that season.

The manager of the year last season also went to Ibrox and lost by a 5 goal margin last season - still ended up 3rd with record points total.

madhatter
13-08-2019, 11:58 AM
I'm clearly a toys out of the pram type when it comes to football. Can someone clarify what is the appropriate timing for the toys to be thrown? Should I jot down all the usernames and assume that they'll never have a rant about performances etc.?

6-1 defeat to Rangers and the manner of the defeat justifies barrage of toys in my opinion. A defeat is fine, manner of it is the problem.

I love the position of telling fellow fans to consider taking up a different hobbie, its quite entertaining...wonder if Ron will be happy with that stance. Less fans will have to pony up more cash for this training facility.

Maybe people should stop throwing toys out the pram in response to other people throwing toys out the pram? Or maybe we can just share our opinions without telling fellow fans to review their lives? Supporters of Hibs aren't happy with a 6-1 thrashing, what's wrong with that?

lyonhibs
13-08-2019, 12:02 PM
I'm clearly a toys out of the pram type when it comes to football. Can someone clarify what is the appropriate timing for the toys to be thrown? Should I jot down all the usernames and assume that they'll never have a rant about performances etc.?

6-1 defeat to Rangers and the manner of the defeat justifies barrage of toys in my opinion. A defeat is fine, manner of it is the problem.

I love the position of telling fellow fans to consider taking up a different hobbie, its quite entertaining...wonder if Ron will be happy with that stance. Less fans will have to pony up more cash for this training facility.

Maybe people should stop throwing toys out the pram in response to other people throwing toys out the pram? Or maybe we can just share our opinions without telling fellow fans to review their lives? Supporters of Hibs aren't happy with a 6-1 thrashing, what's wrong with that?

Not being happy with a humping and prattling on about official apologies are 2 different things.

DarlingtonHibee
13-08-2019, 12:05 PM

1 Themselves
2 Teammates
3 Manager

Applies to most people in life from a work perspective

Barman Stanton
13-08-2019, 12:05 PM

You think any Hibs fan is happy with it? Course we are not.

Don't you think people are going a little over the top though? Its like people want blood. We got beat. Badly. We move on. Like we have with the many worse results in my lifetime.

Barman Stanton
13-08-2019, 12:08 PM
Man Utd were at home as well - they still won the league that season.

The manager of the year last season also went to Ibrox and lost by a 5 goal margin last season - still ended up 3rd with record points total.

And with probably the greatest manager of all time in charge! That will also be the same Fergie who the fans wanted rid off after a poor start to his career there. Just goes to show you eh. (Not that I'm saying we have another Fergie on our hands, miles from it. But just goes to show that knee jerk reactions from fans are not always the right way)

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 12:11 PM
And with probably the greatest manager of all time in charge! That will also be the same Fergie who the fans wanted rid off after a poor start to his career there. Just goes to show you eh. (Not that I'm saying we have another Fergie on our hands, miles from it. But just goes to show that knee jerk reactions from fans are not always the right way)

To be fair, when a section of the Man United fans wanted Fergie sacked in 1989, he had been there three years, won nothing and the team was struggling. It wasn't knee-jerk. It was touch and go for him at that time.

Now you mention Fergie, he did apologise to the fans after a 5-1 defeat at Maine Road in 1989 and said he wanted to send the players into the United section!

The 90+2
13-08-2019, 12:11 PM

“Hibernian FC won the Scottish cup today, so please make an orderly que to thank us all individually in person from the bottom of Leith Links”

I would que tbf 😂

Barman Stanton
13-08-2019, 12:19 PM
To be fair, when a section of the Man United fans wanted Fergie sacked in 1989, he had been there three years, won nothing and the team was struggling. It wasn't knee-jerk. It was touch and go for him at that time.

Now you mention Fergie, he did apologise to the fans after a 5-1 defeat at Maine Road in 1989 and said he wanted to send the players into the United section!

Didnt remember it being as long as 3 years. Thats cool then, we will just need to be patient and give Hecky about the same amount of time :faf:

Davy Mac
13-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Many of us older Hibbies are well used to a tonking in our lifetime with the ugly sisters, but my worry is that we have been here many times before and we've gone on to unsavoury endings like relegation.

I don't think we will endure that fate this season but the signs are all too familiar and we must react quickly if this looks like happening.

There appears to be no characters in the team just clones, no passion or emotion from the touchline which can across that you don't care, where is the natural leaders?

Every Rangers player was hounding the ref for everything meanwhile our timid, quiet, toothless non-approach is absolutely no good in the Scottish game and playing Ibrox in particular, we have to fight for everything.

This Corporate approach is great for the bank balance, and all things nice since the Flo/Lennon debacle but the players shouldn't be walking around on egg shells waiting for the next disciplinary hearing from Dempster.

I hope Hecky is ripping a new one for some of the players for that performance and reminding them that Scottish fitba is no backwater league, if they ever needed reminding then Saturday was it.

Response from the players please if not your boss will be out of job next month.

HibeesLittleHel
13-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Perhaps some feedback from the football management would help. Heckingbottom’s post match comments were bland and incomplete imho.

By all accounts and from the little I saw on Sunday we were 2nd best all over the park for most of the game and whilst we scored a decent goal to get back in and did play up to them until the sending off the unanswered questions Revolve around attitude, application and ability. Heckingbottom’s mantra since arriving has been about team work effort and energy. In the 2 games I’ve seen so far this season and by all accounts for most of Sunday’s game we lack these. Ponderous, misplaced passes and caught on the ball is what I’ve witnessed. Combine that with a perceived lack of character/fight/will to win and we have a recipe for mediocrity at best. I want to hear our management team tell us that they don’t accept what’s happening on the park and that they are actively doing something about it. Whether that means delivering a Lennon style “Not good enough” message or a obtain players capable of better. I want to know they’re hurting as much as me.

SquashedFrogg
13-08-2019, 12:27 PM
You think any Hibs fan is happy with it? Course we are not.

Don't you think people are going a little over the top though? Its like people want blood. We got beat. Badly. We move on. Like we have with the many worse results in my lifetime.

It's got a similar feel to when Lennon left. Some have a real sense of false entitlement. 'I demand the club make a statement', 'I demand an apology', I've paid my money so I deserve this and that'..

I don't think anyone is happy about Sunday, but some of the knee jerk stuff on here is incredible. Mind blowing comments all over the place.

Let's get behind the manager, support the team and have faith in the club.

Barman Stanton
13-08-2019, 12:37 PM
It's got a similar feel to when Lennon left. Some have a real sense of false entitlement. 'I demand the club make a statement', 'I demand an apology', I've paid my money so I deserve this and that'..

I don't think anyone is happy about Sunday, but some of the knee jerk stuff on here is incredible. Mind blowing comments all over the place.

Let's get behind the manager, support the team and have faith in the club.

Unfortunately getting behind the manager is just not going to happen. A good % had already made there mind up with him, even before that hammering. Whether that be because they have the hump with Lennon leaving or whatever, many have openly admitted they just don't like the guy.

The entitlement is a strange one. A team that has won 4 titles and 6 cups in our whole history. You would think these are the bad times...

Deansy
13-08-2019, 12:39 PM
I just hope that Hecky's apologised to himself and vowed to never see any team of his put on such a disgustingly cowardly display again ........ ever !

H18 SFR
13-08-2019, 12:41 PM
With Celtic so far ahead of us and Rangers finally getting their act together the reality is we need to very consistently beat bottom 6 teams home and away and make sure we get more points than we lose against sides in 3rd-6th place (obviously can't beat ourselves).

That's the reality now.

Since452
13-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Unfortunately getting behind the manager is just not going to happen. A good % had already made there mind up with him, even before that hammering. Whether that be because they have the hump with Lennon leaving or whatever, many have openly admitted they just don't like the guy.

The entitlement is a strange one. A team that has won 4 titles and 6 cups in our whole history. You would think these are the bad times...

Unfortunately a fair few aren't over Neil Lennon yet. The same posters that had the blinkers on during Lennons disastrous run then blamed the club for him departing are the first ones to get the knives out at Heckingbottoms first defeat of the season.

Barman Stanton
13-08-2019, 12:52 PM
Unfortunately a fair few aren't over Neil Lennon yet. The same posters that had the blinkers on during Lennons disastrous run then blamed the club for him departing are the first ones to get the knives out at Heckingbottoms first defeat of the season.

To be honest I always thought our first defeat was going to have an over the top reaction due to people being restless and unhappy anyway. Didn’t quite expect the hammering we got of course.

Speedway
13-08-2019, 01:00 PM
I propose the following policy be adopted by the club

Defeat by 1 goal = forgiven (but don't let it happen again)

Defeat by 2 goals = fined 1 week's wages

Defeat by 3 goals = fined a month's wages and automatically dropped for the next game

Defeat by 4 goals = public flogging

Defeat by 5+ goals = Full public apology, all fans refunded (whether they were there, in the country or alive at the time) manager sacked on the spot and all contracts terminated without compensation except for the players that the fans like.

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 01:17 PM
I propose the following policy be adopted by the club

Defeat by 1 goal = forgiven (but don't let it happen again)

Defeat by 2 goals = fined 1 week's wages

Defeat by 3 goals = fined a month's wages and automatically dropped for the next game

Defeat by 4 goals = public flogging

Defeat by 5+ goals = Full public apology, all fans refunded (whether they were there, in the country or alive at the time) manager sacked on the spot and all contracts terminated without compensation except for the players that the fans like.

Far too lenient; it's this liberal approach that has allowed standards to slip. Defeat by five goals should be medieval torture: the rack, thumb screws, hot poker into the rectum....plus the refund.

Cataplana
13-08-2019, 02:16 PM

Much the same as telling the manager how to run his team, as far as I can see.

Nobody is disputing that supporters are disappointed, but perhaps those who think an apology is required are in the minority?

Certainly, the responses in this thread suggest that.

Sudds_1
13-08-2019, 02:34 PM
I sometimes - over the 50 years i've been supporting hibs- apologise to my sanity for doing so !😁😁

hibbyfraelibby
13-08-2019, 02:38 PM
I dont want an apology. I want a rezction. Starting on Saturday and lasting until May

Jim44
13-08-2019, 03:22 PM
“Love is not having to say you’re sorry”. :cb

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 03:46 PM
“Love is not having to say you’re sorry”. :cb

Aye, but sorry seems to be the hardest word.

What I gotta do to make Hibs love me?
What I gotta do to make Hibs care? :singing:

WhileTheChief..
13-08-2019, 03:53 PM

This is probably directed at me, amongst others!

I'm over Lennon, couldn't care less what he does now, but he was my fav ever manager at Hibs. To have him replaced with the bland and boring PH certainly makes it tough.

No blinkers though, Lennon's 'disastrous run' was still better than what we're getting now as far as I'm concerned.

I just want a manager that cares. Go watch PH's post match interviews and tell me you think he cares as much as us about the result. No chance.

Sudds_1
13-08-2019, 03:56 PM

I'm over Lennon, couldn't care less what he does now, but he was my fav ever manager at Hibs. To have him replaced with the bland and boring PH certainly makes it tough.

No blinkers though, Lennon's 'disastrous run' was still better than what we're getting now as far as I'm concerned.

I just want a manager that cares. Go watch PH's post match interviews and tell me you think he cares as much as us about the result. No chance.

Not sure i agree that he doesnt care....more like he maybe has less of an empathy with the support than we'd like?

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2019, 03:59 PM

He's the one on the street if he doesn't get it right, he cares probably more than us. Would you be happy if he was red in the face, shouting and screaming like us?

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 04:04 PM
He's the one on the street if he doesn't get it right, he cares probably more than us. Would you be happy if he was red in the face, shouting and screaming like us?

I haven't yet reached that point, but I can't promise it won't come to that if we don't meet Morton. Massive game for Hecky and the team at the weekend. We need some intensity and creativity in a good victory.

madhatter
13-08-2019, 04:05 PM
I dont want an apology. I want a rezction. Starting on Saturday and lasting until May

My time following Hibs, the chances of getting a reaction and one that lasts until May should be mocked as much as people asking for an apology. Seems toys out the pram types are butting heads with dreamers. We may go on a winning run but we will, like virtually every season before this, have a horrendous run that essentially destroys our season. Even under Lennon we could've finished in 2nd with ease if we didn't have a poor start with Stokes and Murray up front.

I'd take a reaction rather than an apology. I wont hold my breath though, one of the biggest failings of Hibs is we haven't for years had a strong leader on the park, a bit of a nutter that demands more of others. All players including club captain looked like they were sulking as each goal got thumped in. That's why this defeat means more than a normal defeat. Player temperament looked horrendous. If you lose 6-1, I want to see defenders arguing not just trotting back up the pitch with the head down.

WhileTheChief..
13-08-2019, 04:10 PM

Haha, like the poster below you, I'm not even at the red in the face, shouting stage!

To answer your question though, kinda yeah, I'd like to at least see a reaction. What we got was a metaphorical shrug of the shoulders.

If he ends up on the street I'm sure the six figure compo package will help.

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Haha, like the poster below you, I'm not even at the red in the face, shouting stage!

To answer your question though, kinda yeah, I'd like to at least see a reaction. What we got was a metaphorical shrug of the shoulders.

If he ends up on the street I'm sure the six figure compo package will help.

the reaction will be seen on Saturday, nothing he says will get us 3 points, his work behind the scenes will.

You have no idea if he gets a six figure compo package. He could get absolutely nothing.

SquashedFrogg
13-08-2019, 04:54 PM
the reaction will be seen on Saturday, nothing he says will get us 3 points, his work behind the scenes will.

You have no idea if he gets a six figure compo package. He could get absolutely nothing.

Exactly. Ranting and raving to play to the fans doesn't wash. Last guy tried that. Just looks unprofessional.

I actually thought PH looked a bit shell shocked in his interview. Which is unsurprising really.

I guess the Scottish game is a learning process for him as well as the new players. Seems astute enough to move forward from this.

WhileTheChief..
13-08-2019, 05:31 PM

Agreed about Saturday.

I’d be surprised if he got sacked and didn’t get a pay off though.

dalkeith stu
13-08-2019, 05:49 PM

Personally think there is no chance of us getting 3 points on Saturday!!!😉

Jim44
13-08-2019, 06:04 PM
Personally think there is no chance of us getting 3 points on Saturday!!!😉

Really? I’m not confident that we’ll win it easily but I’m totally confident that there is a very real chance that we will win on Saturday.

WhileTheChief..
13-08-2019, 06:06 PM
Cup game, no points to play for!

BoomtownHibees
13-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Really? I’m not confident that we’ll win it easily but I’m totally confident that there is a very real chance that we will win on Saturday.

Guaranteed we won’t get 3 points

B.H.F.C
13-08-2019, 06:41 PM
I actually thought PH looked a bit shell shocked in his interview. Which is unsurprising really.

He looked completely shellshocked during the game, never mind in his interview. As the first half was going on I couldn’t believe he just stood there watching it unfold without attempting to change a thing.

Jim44
13-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Guaranteed we won’t get 3 points

........ maybe not, but we’ll progress to the next round.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-08-2019, 08:28 PM
Imagine if this was the protocol, Folks would still not be satisfied - insincere, paying lip service... blah blah blah.

Don’t get me wrong - I’ve called for it in the past before in the heat of the moment and the day after. But looking at it I the cold light of day if it’s not relatively immediate and genuine it’s pointless.

Clarence
13-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Give this a wee listen then move on... https://g.co/kgs/3FwGYw

I'm Spartacus
13-08-2019, 09:54 PM
An apology! Haha how does the OP get through life?!

Is the OP wanting Ronnie to knock his front door with a M&S Dine for 2 and have a 4 hour session of pleading forgiveness?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

FilipinoHibs
14-08-2019, 04:09 AM

So sliding towards a relegation dog fight is better than the run that took us to fifth and going ahead of Hearts including beating them at Tynie and one competitive defeat out of six games this season.

Also not forgetting the dire football that got us out of the Championship and the first half of our first season back in the SPL.

Brizo
14-08-2019, 06:04 AM
Exactly. Ranting and raving to play to the fans doesn't wash. Last guy tried that. Just looks unprofessional.

I guess the Scottish game is a learning process for him as well as the new players. Seems astute enough to move forward from this.

I hope so as that will determine our season and his future.

Is he astute enough to coach his players into implementing a philosophy and tactics that thus far they have been unable to deliver on the park.

Is he astute and flexible enough to change that philosophy and tactics if the players aren't able to implement them.

I'm not convinced but I admire your optimism.

FilipinoHibs
14-08-2019, 07:45 AM

No way will we get 3 points on Saturday.

Since452
14-08-2019, 07:55 AM
No way will we get 3 points on Saturday.

😉

I_Love_Latapy
14-08-2019, 07:55 AM

Spot on

SquashedFrogg
14-08-2019, 09:28 AM
I hope so as that will determine our season and his future.

Is he astute enough to coach his players into implementing a philosophy and tactics that thus far they have been unable to deliver on the park.

Is he astute and flexible enough to change that philosophy and tactics if the players aren't able to implement them.

I'm not convinced but I admire your optimism.

In the short time he's been here I think he has.

One Day Soon
14-08-2019, 12:56 PM

There are two types of supporters who aren't over Neil Lennon yet. The second kind loathed him from the get-go, were at best silent when he was doing well and couldn't wait to get stuck in when he was struggling. Some of them are still posting about him on threads that have nothing to do with him whenever they get the chance. Generally they are the last ones to get the knives out over Heckingbottom in relation to last season's pretty 5hit top 6 results, the signings and style of play so far this season and the utterly abject humiliation at Ibrox last weekend.

The great thing about this thread is that it will still be valid in two days, two weeks, two months or two years when he leaves. :rolleyes: I don't think PH is going to cut it but I don't think he should be leaving any time soon, he needs to be given time to prove he's a success or failure.

Since452
14-08-2019, 01:40 PM
There are two types of supporters who aren't over Neil Lennon yet. The second kind loathed him from the get-go, were at best silent when he was doing well and couldn't wait to get stuck in when he was struggling. Some of them are still posting about him on threads that have nothing to do with him whenever they get the chance. Generally they are the last ones to get the knives out over Heckingbottom in relation to last season's pretty 5hit top 6 results, the signings and style of play so far this season and the utterly abject humiliation at Ibrox last weekend.

The great thing about this thread is that it will still be valid in two days, two weeks, two months or two years when he leaves. :rolleyes: I don't think PH is going to cut it but I don't think he should be leaving any time soon, he needs to be given time to prove he's a success or failure.

It's quite incredible how much Lennon divides opinion. Agree with everything you say there. Took a lot of people a long time to warm to him as Hibs manager and those people were the quickest to turn when things started to go horribly wrong. Then there's the other side who think he was brilliant for Hibs and stood by him during that long bleak 20 games or so. Can't ever recall a Hibs manager dividing more opinion. He still does and he's still a huge topic of conversation. One thing is for sure, it won't be as intense one way or the other with Heckingbottom in charge.

Hibrandenburg
14-08-2019, 03:48 PM

Neil Lennon cares about Neil Lennon and maybe a wee bit about Celtic. He walked out of our door and straight into Celtic Park. Sure he enjoyed putting one over the huns and the Jambos, but that had more to do with Neil Lennon than any kind of love of Hibs.

pacoluna
14-08-2019, 06:01 PM
Gary dicker and Scott brown have both apologized after poor results, don't think it's too much of an ask for someone to apologize for that monumentally piss poor performance on sun tbh.

Davy Mac
14-08-2019, 07:29 PM
I suppose PH can't defend it other than that he agrees with the supporters, we are ganton.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-08-2019, 07:33 PM
Gary dicker and Scott brown have both apologized after poor results, don't think it's too much of an ask for someone to apologize for that monumentally piss poor performance on sun tbh.

Maybe jumping to conclusions but you don’t have kids do you?

pacoluna
14-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Maybe jumping to conclusions but you don’t have kids do you?

Nope.

Allant1981
14-08-2019, 08:32 PM

Brown didnt really apologise though did he, he said he should be the one to take the slagging or abuse,not the manager.

Ringothedog
14-08-2019, 09:31 PM
There was a semblance of an apology in today’s communication from Hibs. I can now sleep at night 👍

FilipinoHibs
15-08-2019, 07:33 AM
There was a semblance of an apology in today’s communication from Hibs. I can now sleep at night 👍
Will we all get sent an individual copy or just have to read the club's tweet?

jacomo
15-08-2019, 07:36 AM
Will we all get sent an individual copy or just have to read the club's tweet?

Here you go:

‘There’s no doubting the collective disappointment over Sunday’s loss at Ibrox and the feeling that a sold-out away end deserved better.’