PDA

View Full Version : The Phantom Offside

Hibernian Verse
12-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Surely someone else spotted this yesterday? Defoe offside from free kick, linesman flags, referee ignores and the linesman put his flag down and they almost scored?

What is going on this season?!

Pretty Boy
12-08-2019, 11:11 AM
Yep, don't know what that was all about.

Can only assume the ref has told the linesman to put the flag down as he would be aware it was up. Why he would do that I have no idea.

where'stheslope
12-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Surely someone else spotted this yesterday? Defoe offside from free kick, linesman flags, referee ignores and the linesman put his flag down and they almost scored?

What is going on this season?!
Its called "The John Beaton Conspiracy"!!!!!
He's done this for them for years, and got away with it!!!!!

Billy Whizz
12-08-2019, 12:51 PM
The other thing that annoyed me was, Rangers players that were being subbed, were able to run across the park to go off
Thought you had to go off at the side you were on

Monts
12-08-2019, 12:56 PM
The other thing that annoyed me was, Rangers players that were being subbed, were able to run across the park to go off

Only when instructed by the ref I think.

hibee_girl
12-08-2019, 12:59 PM

Horgan ran off at the east stand side last weekend without the ref telling him.

In fact it looked like he was the only one who knew the rule as he was waving the sub to come on

Iggy Pope
12-08-2019, 01:01 PM

Billy, increasing on field action yesterday wasn’t in our interests and I was more annoyed about how quick the ****s got on..

BlackSheep
12-08-2019, 01:21 PM

Nope, Billy is correct... but it has been agreed there is to be leniency during powder keg games to protect players and this leniency applies to both teams, with the officials informing both teams prior to kick off.

Can you imagine if Scott Allan had to walk round Ibrox when he was subbed.

DarrenSQH
12-08-2019, 01:37 PM

Thank God. If they were quicker they might have scored more.